69%

Total votes: 13
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 414

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Day 3]

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:30 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:15 pm Sprit's case is that Sloonei is trying to control the narrative, as soon as Mac died. Nobody else had suggested, as of that point, that Mac's death implicated Sloonei. He was pre-emptive about it. That suggests forethought, though it doesn't necessitate it. It also paints a picture of a guy who is very aware of the WIFOM involved in Mac's death, and who understood the strategy from both sides.

Yes?
I guess, but like, don’t we always look at a person’s suspects after they’re nightkilled? Am I not allowed to make these comments? I was wary of bad guys poking at me and wanted to pre-emptively address that. Is sprityo even considering the other side of his argument?
We've got *looks at watch* like 30 hours left. Why don't we talk about something else?
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 300
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:33 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:15 pm Sprit's case is that Sloonei is trying to control the narrative, as soon as Mac died. Nobody else had suggested, as of that point, that Mac's death implicated Sloonei. He was pre-emptive about it. That suggests forethought, though it doesn't necessitate it. It also paints a picture of a guy who is very aware of the WIFOM involved in Mac's death, and who understood the strategy from both sides.

Yes?
I guess, but like, don’t we always look at a person’s suspects after they’re nightkilled? Am I not allowed to make these comments? I was wary of bad guys poking at me and wanted to pre-emptively address that. Is sprityo even considering the other side of his argument?
We've got *looks at watch* like 30 hours left. Why don't we talk about something else?
Because I don't like this case one bit and I want to figure out if I believe sprityo or not.

My vote's still on Luna. Care to comment?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:36 pm

Yes?
Because I don't like this case one bit and I want to figure out if I believe sprityo or not.

I think you'd do a better job of proving your innocence if you caught scum. Personally, right or not, I think Sprit is coming from a reasonable place. It's not a scumslip, but he's found scum motivation and mindset that fits some of your actions. That's a valid way to hunt.

And hunting is a valid way to defend yourself.

I believe I have proven over the past few months that I am literally the worst person on this site when it comes to reading Luna.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

To elaborate [mention]Sloonei[/mention]:

Defending yourself is not a valid way to hunt. Anything you do here will be biased and unreliable.
Hunting is a valid way to defend yourself. It works better than actually addressing arguments.

I've read sprit's argument, and it's pretty good. Nothing you've said about it has moved me from that point of view. It all looks like someone saying (town or scum) "this is reasonable, though. Addressing this preemptively is a good idea..."

If you want me to rethink the read on you, show me something else.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I can't hunt right now and really shouldn't be posting at all. But I've made lots of posts on other subjects. This is just the thing that caught my attention and bothered me when I woke up this morning. If you want to see other things, I invite you to look at my post history. There's stuff there that's not this.

Also I disagree that self-defense isn't hunting. I am trying to understand sprityo just as much as I am trying to clear my own name.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 323
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:26 pm I can’t jusge this impartially right now, so I need others to offer their input:
Mac’s primary activity on Day 1 was to smear me. He did other things and made lots of noise, but I don’t think it’s unfair to say that I was his #1 suspect.
Then who was his number one suspect? If anything you might not even have had been an actual suspect, more so he wanted to push you.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:26 pm Mac was subsequently nightkilled. My instinct was to look out for people who would then turn that kill against me. I expressed this early in the day.
Then you picked a poor choice of words to express it.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:26 pm sprityo, who hadn’t touched me all game, then comes along to declare me his top suspect because I had expressed my theory about potentially being framed by Mac’s death. I don’t think it was at all unreasonable for me to feel that way, and I’d have no reason not to share that opinion with the thread. sprityo, however, suggests that there’s “no reason” for me to share it if I’m town. I don’t buy that part especially.
You can feel that way. However, your words reflect differently than what youre saying right now. Let me rephrase myself on saying 'you have no reason to "share" if youre town.' There's no reason to create a wifom scenario. which is what you did. which is what i've been saying youve done.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:26 pm What’s more, he hasn’t identified anything in Mac’s suspicion against me that he agrees with. I’d like to see him at least try to do that.
Mac had suspicion but not context. yknow why?
MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:54 am You are asking me to play the game in ignorance of all my intuition and instincts?
He didnt have a reason. Simple as that. I dont suspect you because of what mac said, i suspect you because of what happened to mac, what mac could have done, and what you did do following mac's death. I'm not looking at you from any other angle besides what happened after mac died.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:26 pm But for now I get the sense of a baddie making a concerted effort to spin a case against an established suspect (me). I do not get the sense that sprit has carefully considered my position in any of my posts. Instead it feels to me like he just seized onto a suspicion that already existed and is using that as his authority to suspect me.

Can anyone else see that, or am I just being too defenice here?
Here's the unlikely scenario:

Sloonei is town, he gets pursued by mac who is not someone to back down off his intuition. Sloonei isnt lynch, much to mac's dismay. then during the night, mac still paints him as someone bad, essentially a guarantee he's gonna try to lynch sloonei on day2. He even goes as far as to taunt sloonei to kill him. Mafia kills mac and waits for someone to attack sloonei.

------------------

so would mafia kill mac to blame sloonei? or would sloonei kill mac to take the pressure and focus off himself?
MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:54 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:35 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:28 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:32 pm This is an even worse result than the Day 1 result.
You are so evil and villainous and it offends me that you survived day one.
Please move past this.
You are asking me to play the game in ignorance of all my intuition and instincts?

Just kill me. Dr Manhattan taking out Rorschach style.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:27 am I can only think of myself, so I assumed Mac was killed to make me look bad.
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

You are accusing me of creating a WIFOM scenario, but that's not what I had in mind at all. As a civilian, the only thing I had in mind was to add my thoughts to the conversation. I don't give a damn how they might be perceived if they're my honest thoughts.

speedchuck is right that I can't get anywhere by constantly defending against this. You're wrong and Mac's entire play in this game has aggravated me. I should probably leave for a while. This is silly, Mac's a butt head for being wrong about a thing.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 503
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

nutella wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:28 pm Jack yeah the post I quoted was ok, I'm talking about all the others and the way you are "defending"/conducting yourself in the face of scrutiny. The like... faux-confidence is not working on me.
It’s not faux, the defense or confidence.

Seriously, leave me alone before I tunnel you. I’m tone reading you off the charts good but I don’t like much of your actual actions.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:27 pm Bullzeye
DFaraday
Dom
DrWilgy
Infected_alien8_
JackofHearts2005
K-Ness

Kylemii
Long Con
Lunalee
Marmot
novaselinenever
nutella
Quin
Simon
Sloonei
speedchuck
Soneji
sprityo
Turnip Head
White

Updated list.
This might as well be my rainbow list.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:56 pm You are accusing me of creating a WIFOM scenario, but that's not what I had in mind at all. As a civilian, the only thing I had in mind was to add my thoughts to the conversation. I don't give a damn how they might be perceived if they're my honest thoughts.

speedchuck is right that I can't get anywhere by constantly defending against this. You're wrong and Mac's entire play in this game has aggravated me. I should probably leave for a while. This is silly, Mac's a butt head for being wrong about a thing.
I rest my case then. I'll stick with what I've put forth and you can stick with "i didn't mean it like that"
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Last time I had uncanny mindmeld with Speed was Phenon. I was town, he was bad indy.

I think that lends credit to the idea he’s town here. The mindset is of a player without teammates or a player who doesn’t gaf about their teammates.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Alright jack, walk me through your perspective on why people dont like you?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Speed to Sloonei: Find scum

Basically my thoughts as well.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

sprityo wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:09 pm Alright jack, walk me through your perspective on why people dont like you?
I tend to interrupt people and ramble on when I don’t take my medicine.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:11 pm
sprityo wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:09 pm Alright jack, walk me through your perspective on why people dont like you?
Jack plz

Why have you been posting this whole time? Was it LC or someone who said something about you? I know there was the thing with you not remembering how the recruitment works
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

RE: 1154

I see Sloonei deciding to shoot the bullmac on his leg and trust his skills to escape lynch as a more likely scenario than scum deciding to eliminate a player that was pushing a fellow townie and unlikely to ever change his mind.

If I’m scum Sloonei, I have no problem killing Mac and if I’m scum Jack with town Sloonei, I leave Mac alive.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 338
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

DFaraday
Dom
DrWilgy
Infected_alien8_
JackofHearts2005
K-Ness

Kylemii
Long Con
Lunalee
Marmot
novaselinenever
nutella
Quin
Simon
Sloonei
speedchuck
Soneji
sprityo
Turnip Head
White

Updated list.
why am i dark green? I've done basically nothing of note since like the middle of day 2, and I haven't voted once
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

day 1 I guess?

okay ten pages to read brb
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

sprityo wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:13 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:11 pm
Jack plz

Why have you been posting this whole time? Was it LC or someone who said something about you? I know there was the thing with you not remembering how the recruitment works
Cause I’m addicted to the internet and it’s not that busy at my job atm. LC/Kness/Nutella are the players who said they didn’t like my switch. Iirc, you also asked me about it. I townread the whole lot with a bit of Nutella tinfoil and a hint of LC tinfoil.

I started off suspecting Sloonei and Jay under the idea they would be recruited but this fell away after I realized the scum is recruiting characters, not players.

Several players have made similar mistakes. Some people didn’t like mine. I particularly think multiple scum players do not pretend to not understand the rules right off the bat but I don’t remember who all did this initially.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kylemii wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:20 pm
DFaraday
Dom
DrWilgy
Infected_alien8_
JackofHearts2005
K-Ness

Kylemii
Long Con
Lunalee
Marmot
novaselinenever
nutella
Quin
Simon
Sloonei
speedchuck
Soneji
sprityo
Turnip Head
White

Updated list.
why am i dark green? I've done basically nothing of note since like the middle of day 2, and I haven't voted once
Cause you got a bunch of missed calls from Jay. Then he died. You’re a slightly lighter shade of green on my list. Bullzeye is maybe a lighter orange.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 432
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:22 pm Also, seriously TH put a rickroll link in his own iso so if someone would provide an actual TH iso link, that would be great.
why wouldn't you wait to see if anyone else got caught before saying something, you could just click the link next to my name y'know :puppy:

You are the Jack of farts
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

ok so I see sprityo vs sloonei as town on town. I think sprit is reading too much into sloonei's perspective. It makes sense to me that Sloonei would be cognizant of his own position and gameplay, and what might be happening in relation to himself. The fact that Sloonei brought it up in the thread makes me less likely to suspect him, while it seems to have made sprit more likely to suspect him, so we diverge there.

I also disagree with [mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention]'s read of speed. I think speed is tapped into the pulse of the thread, but I think he's doing so from a baddie angle. I don't like the progression of his reads list, and if I can figure out how to articulate why, I will do so.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i hate to be a big dumb baby broken record but if someone were to make an iso link list for a bunch of people ill basically love you forever?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i can't use my computer rn cus my cat is laying on my legs and he's really warm
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]Infected_alien8_[/mention] plz link me to the previous game we played in which you were playing in?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:45 pm i hate to be a big dumb baby broken record but if someone were to make an iso link list for a bunch of people ill basically love you forever?
tunrip head
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:47 am I don't condone a Sloonei lynch. Picking on alien in particular, none of Sloonei's posts appear far off from his usual role as a content facilitator. I think there is some fence-sitting in there (i.e. the 'dipping toes' post), but otherwise he's pretty much within the realms of what I'd expect of town Sloonei.

What I don't agree with is that you call Sloonei's ISO's 'busy work', alien. The point of an ISO is not to enter it with a pre-set conclusion. If one conducts an ISO and has half-hearted feelings at the end, that's a perfectly valid thing to say. The fact that he's doing ISO's on Day 1 in the first place is a good thing.
i like this post from quin
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:24 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:20 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:27 pm Kylemii

Updated list.
Cause you got a bunch of missed calls from Jay. Then he died. You’re a slightly lighter shade of green on my list. Bullzeye is maybe a lighter orange.
Nah, that's a silly reason.

I toneread town Kylemii vs scum Kylemii, referencing AssClass and GoC to contrast his gameplay. There wasn't a strong difference, but the tone with which Kylemii approached the game rung town for me.

Might should have been light green? It is just town tone for me.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:40 pm ok so I see sprityo vs sloonei as town on town. I think sprit is reading too much into sloonei's perspective. It makes sense to me that Sloonei would be cognizant of his own position and gameplay, and what might be happening in relation to himself. The fact that Sloonei brought it up in the thread makes me less likely to suspect him, while it seems to have made sprit more likely to suspect him, so we diverge there.

I also disagree with Jackofhearts2005's read of speed. I think speed is tapped into the pulse of the thread, but I think he's doing so from a baddie angle. I don't like the progression of his reads list, and if I can figure out how to articulate why, I will do so.
I haven't really tried to justify my reads until asked. If you want clarification or if you do have questions to articulate, let me know. I won't defend myself, but I will be happy explain anything you find confusing or weird. If you want.

I'd like to know how your Sprityo read progressed, though. :ponder: Please.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I like quin and sloonei and to a lesser extent alien in how they interacted in that one part where they were all talking with each other about sloonei, though I'd like to review an alien game for comparison sake. I like quin's look especially cus there's be less benefit to defending sloonei as a good boy robot than there would be as a bad boy robot
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:08 pm I like quin and sloonei and to a lesser extent alien in how they interacted in that one part where they were all talking with each other about sloonei, though I'd like to review an alien game for comparison sake. I like quin's look especially cus there's be less benefit to defending sloonei as a good boy robot than there would be as a bad boy robot
I got my quindar working, and Alien is a towni boi. So I agree with you partially, at least.

What are your scum reads, dear rival of mine?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:08 pm I like quin and sloonei and to a lesser extent alien in how they interacted in that one part where they were all talking with each other about sloonei, though I'd like to review an alien game for comparison sake. I like quin's look especially cus there's be less benefit to defending sloonei as a good boy robot than there would be as a bad boy robot
He gets me to like him more if he defends me. I'm in Baddie Quin's pocket, maybe.

I've still got those vague doubts about Quin coming out of Day 1 but I still have not investigated them. I'm done with school junk and have a couple hours free, maybe I'll do that now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:53 pmKYLE
: (
K-Ness
Posts in topic: 79

Post by K-Ness »

I'm leaning on sloonei and Jack today. What's the reasoning behind the votes on Luna?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] Gimme your meta

How prone are you to go after your own teammates? (I've played with you before, but I don't remember)
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Lunalee »

Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:49 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:19 pm Long Con's posts strike me weird. He apparently didn't read the rules or his role pm, and instead askes all game-mechanic questions in thread. Concerning the mafia recruitment aspect, he asks: It's still up for grabs?
Then posts a bunch of questions on how to approach this game: What are we dealing with here? How do we even mafia in this game?
Then asks, "have recruitment decisions been made?"
But then suddenly understands everything well enough to place a vote on speedchuck based on his game mechanic questions.

I don't view Long Con as being an ignorant player, which is why all his questions confuse me. Is he bad and trying to look like an ignorant townie? Or is he really that bad at reading the rules? I would be okay with voting Long Con today.
This post ignores any possible subtlety and other motivations for question-asking, and leaps straight to "false ignorance or genuine ignorance, either way I'll vote for him". The goal is more to create a weird, confusing target than anything else. Not a good look.
I should have known you'd come after me for this :p
It was what I felt at the time, and apparently nobody else really cared, so I thought I'd share my thoughts.
Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:49 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:32 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:28 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:21 pm Also, lynching speedchuck on day one is just straight up lazy. Come on people, we can do better than that.
I agree that things ought to be shaken up. Let's see where your Long Con thing takes us.
[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine
I thought you promised to vote for me today. :p
Sloonei/Luna w/w just struck me here. Friendly non-distancing distancing.
Lunalee wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:05 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:55 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:30 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:19 pm Long Con's posts strike me weird. He apparently didn't read the rules or his role pm, and instead askes all game-mechanic questions in thread. Concerning the mafia recruitment aspect, he asks: It's still up for grabs?
Then posts a bunch of questions on how to approach this game: What are we dealing with here? How do we even mafia in this game?
Then asks, "have recruitment decisions been made?"
But then suddenly understands everything well enough to place a vote on speedchuck based on his game mechanic questions.

I don't view Long Con as being an ignorant player, which is why all his questions confuse me. Is he bad and trying to look like an ignorant townie? Or is he really that bad at reading the rules? I would be okay with voting Long Con today.
I'm voting for Long Con in hopes that we can generate discussion about this post. This does reflect a pattern in Long Con's posts where he starts off in apparent ignorance of the game mechanics and then works his way up. It's possible he was just getting a feel for things and now he understands what was happening. Or something else. Let's talk about it.
This is sketchy, and a stretch, on the reread. It's a sktretch.

It's more wishy-washy and noncommittal than water. Are you trying to be Switzerland here? Are you trying to catch baddies or be Involved In A Discussion? You cast a vote, which I can only assume is supposed to look like pressure, and then you proceed to post with as little pressure as possible on me.

And, I just have to focus on this sexy piece of blather: "This does reflect a pattern in Long Con's posts where he starts off in apparent ignorance of the game mechanics and then works his way up." Disappointed us when it wasn't a revelation-filled-look-at-past-games kind of pattern, but just you saying you see some pattern in the four posts Luna quoted. I can look at the horse picture behind my monitors and see, in the horse group, black-black-white-black-black-black-white, and yeah that's a possible pattern, and no it doesn't mean anything. PLUS, now it's maybe-suspicious in your world to move from ignorance to understanding as time progresses? Or are you Billy Pilgrim, displaced in time and confused about how I could have understanding at one point in time, and also have ignorance at another? We live in a linear world, buddy. Also, I was never ignorant of the answers to my questions, just to reiterate.
So you claim you were attempting to set scum traps with your questions? Or just get discussion flowing? If the latter, I would rather have discussions about players and their posts and reads, than game mechanics. Discussing mechanics is always a good distraction from the more important discussions at hand.
Shallow inquisition and platitudes, still unimpressed.
Lunalee wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:23 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:28 pm Eloh thinks i’m good and bad at the same time
Sounds like a very townie mindset. Eloh I mean.
Defending the Civ who is most under fire is a good look... to invent for yourself.
Lunalee wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:55 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:39 am
Let’s just sort some shit.

Bullzeye - Bad vibes but he appears to be trying the correct townie amount to make things happen if that makes sense. I suspect this is a stylistic clash but it’s hard to tell having not played with him before. Slight townlean. Merits ISO.

ColinIsCool - Destroyed Night 1. 50% chance killed by the mafia. Suspected Sloonei in a way that gained him some flack so possible vig hit as well. (Dare I consider a sker on the Syndicate?) Slight scumlean but probably consensus town.

DFaraday - Null. Come on, DF.

Dom - Null. Come on, Dom.

DrWilgy - Null. Come on, Doc.

Infected_alien8_ - Bad vibes. Kinda ignored them cause he’s new to me. Scumlean. Merits ISO.

JaggedJimmyJay - Destroyed Night 1. 50% chance of being the mafia hit. Acting different from normal so there’s a chance he was a vig hit. Few players flat out said Jay was bad, though. Townread.

K-Ness - Need more. Slight townlean.

Kylemii - Null. Come on, Kyle.

Long Con - Feels right. I sense town effort, not scum agenda. Townread.

Lunalee - Her willingness to defend her hubby who is statistically unlikely to be her scum partner feels town motivated but I still need more from her. Townlean.

MacDougall - Initially felt very town for mindmeld and aggression but I’m wavering a bit. Townlean.

Marmot - Null. Come on, Marmot.

novaselinenever - Townlean. Votes poured in on him too quickly and his reaction seemed genuine.

nutella - Townlean. Very loose. A bit swingy but that’s Nutella sometimes.

Quin - Townread. It’s a secret why. :D

Simon - Null. Come on, Simon. Likely not w/w with Sloonei.

Sloonei - I’ve gone back and forth. Overall, there’s not much in the way of red flags but I consider myself pretty bad at reading Sloonei. I think I may have identified a scumSloonei tendency but I’m keeping it in my back pocket. Slight townlean.

speedchuck - Null. Hasn’t really said much besides naysaying some shit. Come on, Speed.

Soneji - Null. Come on, Soneji.

sprityo - Townlean. It’s a secret from everyone.

Turnip Head - Scumlean. I don’t see the town/neutral TH I’m used to seeing. For someone so excited about this game, he hasn’t been very present.

White - Null. Has this slot posted?

So I’d probably shoot an inactive if it were up to me.
Nice analysis Jack. I would bet there's at least one mafia among the low/lazy-posters. We should look into DFaraday, Dom, Dr. Wilgy, Alien, K-Ness, Kylemii, Marmot, Simon, Speedchuck, Soneji, and sprityo.

(ignoring White for now. they aren't even playing)

That is sort of a long list, but I think it's a good place to start. I'll add my own analyses later.
Low Player Salad, not the worst case of Salad I have seen, but excessive. Speedchuck was low/lazy? :ponder:

... Luna's last analysis post is good follow-up at least. Some suspicion, I'll follow that vote. [VOTE: Lunalee] aubergine
So the reason Speedchuck was added to my list of people I wanted to look closer at (player salad I believe you call it?), was I wanted to analyze those Jack had null reads on. Apparently speed has been posting plenty, and for some reason Jack still had a null read on him.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

[VOTE: Bullseye] aubergine
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:17 pm @Sloonei Gimme your meta

How prone are you to go after your own teammates? (I've played with you before, but I don't remember)
:shrug: It depends on circumstances. I'm not afraid to tumble with a teammate. Colin allegedly suspected based on a past game in which I went after him when we were teammates.

Why is this relevant right now?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:11 pm
I got my quindar working, and Alien is a towni boi. So I agree with you partially, at least.
partially meaning that you suspect sloonei?
What are your scum reads, dear rival of mine?
I'm only on page 11, barely anyone's even voted yet. I've got a few warm feelings but nothing's seemed particularly decepticon-like yet
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:20 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:17 pm @Sloonei Gimme your meta

:shrug: It depends on circumstances. I'm not afraid to tumble with a teammate. Colin allegedly suspected based on a past game in which I went after him when we were teammates.

Why is this relevant right now?
Wanted to see if you were teammate compatible with Luna. :ponder:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:21 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:11 pm
partially meaning that you suspect sloonei?
Yeah.

He's not my leading candidate for lynch or anything though.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

K-Ness wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:14 pm I'm leaning on sloonei and Jack today. What's the reasoning behind the votes on Luna?
Here's a post.
Here's another
And here's a good one from Long Con.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

K-Ness wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:14 pm I'm leaning on sloonei and Jack today. What's the reasoning behind the votes on Luna?
I've finally posted enough to start looking scummy. It happens every game.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Show of hands who thinks speedchuck could be bad?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:28 pm Show of hands who thinks speedchuck could be bad?
:beer:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

That doesn't mean I think he is bad. Just that there's nothing he's done that makes me think he needs to be good. I've spent very little time actually looking into him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Yes?

Hi Sloonei. I'm not bad.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Lunalee wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:34 pm

Yes?

Hi Sloonei. I'm not bad.
That makes two of us. Who is?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

nutella wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:34 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:32 pm I don’t lke Sloonei’s rationale toward lynching me but I do feel better about him from his recent efforts. He looks different from scum Sloonei I’ve seen recently and his contributions have made me think he’s the sort of player in this game I’m not totally comfortable jettisoning on D1 without better evidence.
nutella wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:10 pm I'd be cool with lynching Eloh, since I didn't like the contradictory jay stuff that I pointed out, but I also have some fear that it's too easy. I'm also not opposed to lynching Colin, since I'd expect to see a lot more content from him by now/better explanation of his vote (and the same goes for Nova but a bit less so on the content expectations). But for now my vote stays on Sloonei. Despite his emotional appeal I haven't seen anything that is enough to convince me he is genuine. Maybe I am reading with a biased angle but I have been able to see every post of his as posturing/forced/disingenuous and I think it's notable that I haven't been able to shake that feeling in any of his defenses.
Don’t like this much though. Nutella is okay with anything today.
No longer okay with Eloh lynch. She's town. Very misguided and confused, but genuinely so.
[mention]nutella[/mention], hi. can you please briedly outline the progression of your feelings about Eloh, or mainly just point me to the post that tipped her back to good for you?

Return to “Previous Jobs”