DFaraday
Dom
DrWilgy
Marmot
Soneji

speedchuck
sprityo
Lunalee

I've moved sprit to the same level as Luna because the case I presented in my most recent post felt more convincing than anything I'd previously articulated. I especially do not like his framing of the "unlikely scenario" which would allow me to be read as town.
There's also a lot of light green that I don't love to have, but I have no direct reason to scum read anyone in that group of players, and I prefer to offer a stance whenever I can. There's also too many players on whom I can offer no stance at all. The darker green tiers and the orange/red tiers are the reads I would regard as solid at this point. Everything else is weak and ill-defined. That's, you know, how rainbow lists work.

Feel free to ask me about these reads if you have any questions.
Why did you bother to include Soneji, Dr. Wilgy, and DFaraday? Those three have been too absent to read.
Because they're players in the game. The yellow-ish section is pure neutral. I have no read on those players. Why would I ignore their presence in this game?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Day 3]

Post by nutella »

The color you're calling your neutral reads is one that I use for town reads, it's just a little off putting
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh nvm was looking at the wrong set the neutrals areore orangey
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

still, surprised how many names you put in the light green
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 338
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Night 2]

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:03 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:01 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:58 am
Kylemii wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:23 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:33 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:31 pm It’s possible Mega Man’s lynch triggered the skipped phase.
I’m working under this assumption. Princesses are nearly always town and Mega Man is a beloved character and one of only two surefire townies.
but most roles with nonpublic powers are recruitable, making a recruitable role have a negative utility power like a princess would be kind of weird wouldn't it? how would that even work?
It wouldn’t. Mega Man isn’t recruitable.
mega man isn't the only role that's died? why would the princess have to be mega man
Well for one his name is in the title of the game. That implies he's an important role.
he was already pretty important and we'll represented capabilities-wise with his Kirby power, there's other roles in the list that could make sense as the kind of "hey if this role dies we're gonna skip a phase" role
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 300
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:17 pm The color you're calling your neutral reads is one that I use for town reads, it's just a little off putting
I'm just afraid to use real yellow because it can be too bright sometimes. don't wanna hurt no retinas.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:46 am Hi, @Marmot

Ready to play yet?
Yes, would do you require of me?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:19 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:03 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:01 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:58 am
Kylemii wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:23 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:33 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:31 pm It’s possible Mega Man’s lynch triggered the skipped phase.
I’m working under this assumption. Princesses are nearly always town and Mega Man is a beloved character and one of only two surefire townies.
but most roles with nonpublic powers are recruitable, making a recruitable role have a negative utility power like a princess would be kind of weird wouldn't it? how would that even work?
It wouldn’t. Mega Man isn’t recruitable.
mega man isn't the only role that's died? why would the princess have to be mega man
Well for one his name is in the title of the game. That implies he's an important role.
he was already pretty important and we'll represented capabilities-wise with his Kirby power, there's other roles in the list that could make sense as the kind of "hey if this role dies we're gonna skip a phase" role
This is true. The speculation about Princess Mega Man is just speculation, but I don't think it's without merit. The skipped day phase could have been any number of things, but it's not difficult to envision a scenario in which Mega Man was the cause of it. I don't think we're likely to receive a definitive answer in the near future, however, so any serious reflection on it isn't really going to prove to be all that productive yet.

What's more important is votes in the poll. We've got just over 3 hours to go. What are you thinking, kyle?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:21 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:17 pm The color you're calling your neutral reads is one that I use for town reads, it's just a little off putting
I'm just afraid to use real yellow because it can be too bright sometimes. don't wanna hurt no retinas.
Nah I gotcha your neutralish color is fine, I just thought you had a lot of people in green as well
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:25 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:21 pm
Nah I gotcha your neutralish color is fine, I just thought you had a lot of people in green as well
I feel the same way. That long list of light greens threw me off. It provides slim pickings for suspects. But I have no direct reason to suspect those people. In several cases, I've failed to do any real digging on any of them, so those reads are bound to change if I'm allowed to stay in this game beyond the current phase.
Are there any green names on my list that you particularly object to?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] move yr vote
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Bullzeye »

Reading through Sloonei, the first thing that really catches my eye is this:
Sloonei wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:27 am I can only think of myself, so I assumed Mac was killed to make me look bad.
I think it's realistic to say Mac was likely killed for the same reason as Jay probably was: having a reputation as being super-active and known for getting their suspects lynched eventually, right or wrong. Seems strange that your first instinct would be to assume it was about you. I know he suspected you but he could've gone on to suspect anyone else.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:26 pm I can’t jusge this impartially right now, so I need others to offer their input:
Mac’s primary activity on Day 1 was to smear me. He did other things and made lots of noise, but I don’t think it’s unfair to say that I was his #1 suspect.

Mac was subsequently nightkilled. My instinct was to look out for people who would then turn that kill against me. I expressed this early in the day.

sprityo, who hadn’t touched me all game, then comes along to declare me his top suspect because I had expressed my theory about potentially being framed by Mac’s death. I don’t think it was at all unreasonable for me to feel that way, and I’d have no reason not to share that opinion with the thread. sprityo, however, suggests that there’s “no reason” for me to share it if I’m town. I don’t buy that part especially.

What’s more, he hasn’t identified anything in Mac’s suspicion against me that he agrees with. I’d like to see him at least try to do that. But for now I get the sense of a baddie making a concerted effort to spin a case against an established suspect (me). I do not get the sense that sprit has carefully considered my position in any of my posts. Instead it feels to me like he just seized onto a suspicion that already existed and is using that as his authority to suspect me.

Can anyone else see that, or am I just being too defenice here?
You jumped to claim Mac was killed to frame you before anyone else had even suggested it. Way too defensive IMO.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 432
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

If sloonei boy is town then the mafia is defo taking advantage of the fact that he wifomed himself after the Mac kill
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Bullzeye wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:30 pm Reading through Sloonei, the first thing that really catches my eye is this:
Sloonei wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:27 am I can only think of myself, so I assumed Mac was killed to make me look bad.
I think it's realistic to say Mac was likely killed for the same reason as Jay probably was: having a reputation as being super-active and known for getting their suspects lynched eventually, right or wrong. Seems strange that your first instinct would be to assume it was about you. I know he suspected you but he could've gone on to suspect anyone else.
I was being a little tongue-in-cheek with that post and I've since walked it back to reflect my more honest thoughts: Mac was killed because he's a vocal leader, and scum used the opportunity afforded them by his death to push me, another player who can be regarded as an active leader. A "two birds with one stone" move. I don't think they based their entire decision around me.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:26 pm I can’t jusge this impartially right now, so I need others to offer their input:
Mac’s primary activity on Day 1 was to smear me. He did other things and made lots of noise, but I don’t think it’s unfair to say that I was his #1 suspect.

Mac was subsequently nightkilled. My instinct was to look out for people who would then turn that kill against me. I expressed this early in the day.

sprityo, who hadn’t touched me all game, then comes along to declare me his top suspect because I had expressed my theory about potentially being framed by Mac’s death. I don’t think it was at all unreasonable for me to feel that way, and I’d have no reason not to share that opinion with the thread. sprityo, however, suggests that there’s “no reason” for me to share it if I’m town. I don’t buy that part especially.

What’s more, he hasn’t identified anything in Mac’s suspicion against me that he agrees with. I’d like to see him at least try to do that. But for now I get the sense of a baddie making a concerted effort to spin a case against an established suspect (me). I do not get the sense that sprit has carefully considered my position in any of my posts. Instead it feels to me like he just seized onto a suspicion that already existed and is using that as his authority to suspect me.

You jumped to claim Mac was killed to frame you before anyone else had even suggested it. Way too defensive IMO.
:shrug: I try to be aware of my position in games. When I see there is potential for a move against me, I'm going to point it out. I absolutely was being defensive. I'm a civilian who doesn't want to be lynched.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:31 pm If sloonei boy is town then the mafia is defo taking advantage of the fact that he wifomed himself after the Mac kill
To be fair it's maybe the finest wine to ever be placed in front of me. Never really been a fan of wine though so maybe I won't drink it.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

nutella wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:05 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:26 am
Long Con wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:20 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:13 am Also the Colin vote thing what?

What does scumJack have to gain by shading Eloh and then jumping off the Eloh train right before she’s mislynched without saying anything about it?
He could say he tried to save a Civ. The gain being looking like someone who tried to save Mega Man. Also, defining what is "gained" is, to me, a red herring. Acting unsure is gain enough, to a baddie. This defense is terribly shoddy, and I agree with Kness that you are suspicious.
But I never said I was trying to save Eloh or that I thought Eloh was good.

This offense is lame.

Also, Mac said I was towncore. :noble:
This post is so BadJack I'm having FlashJacks.

Mac said I was towncore too but you don't see me flaunting that or anything. Not even a defense.
You've flaunted it right here you know.
speedchuck wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:15 pm Sprit's case is that Sloonei is trying to control the narrative, as soon as Mac died. Nobody else had suggested, as of that point, that Mac's death implicated Sloonei. He was pre-emptive about it. That suggests forethought, though it doesn't necessitate it. It also paints a picture of a guy who is very aware of the WIFOM involved in Mac's death, and who understood the strategy from both sides.

Yes?
Please tell me more about the WIFOM around Mac's death.
sprityo wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:16 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:15 pm Sprit's case is that Sloonei is trying to control the narrative, as soon as Mac died. Nobody else had suggested, as of that point, that Mac's death implicated Sloonei. He was pre-emptive about it. That suggests forethought, though it doesn't necessitate it. It also paints a picture of a guy who is very aware of the WIFOM involved in Mac's death, and who understood the strategy from both sides.

Yes?
That’s pretty much it, yeah
The problem with this narrative is that it ignores what Sloonei is saying.

Was Sloonei not trying to do this before MacDougall was nightkilled? (Disclaimer, I don't know the answer to this question because I haven't read much from the early game)

Thanks, this summary helps my context a little bit. Did anyone aside from Mac try to lynch you Day 1?

You're obviously being too defenice.

Still 6 more pages to go.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:23 pmWhat's more important is votes in the poll. We've got just over 3 hours to go. What are you thinking, kyle?
one moment sir, im still catching up on tje posts that were made in the last 16 hours. I don't think I agree with the case against you and I don't know what the case against lunalee is yet, I need to review you both before time expires, and probably also end up reviewing whoever else the sands of democracy end up shifting towards
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Marmot wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:37 pm
The WIFOM is Sloonei's claim it was done to frame him. It's the perfect WIFOM because why the hell would he just jump out and say that if he was still busy washing Mac's blood off his hands? On the other hand if Sloonei and I were baddies together and he said to me he wanted to kill Mac in hopes of taking heat off him and would immediately come out and deny having done it so people get caught up in WIFOM I'd totally be on board with that plan.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Bullzeye wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:40 pm
Marmot wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:37 pm
The WIFOM is Sloonei's claim it was done to frame him. It's the perfect WIFOM because why the hell would he just jump out and say that if he was still busy washing Mac's blood off his hands? On the other hand if Sloonei and I were baddies together and he said to me he wanted to kill Mac in hopes of taking heat off him and would immediately come out and deny having done it so people get caught up in WIFOM I'd totally be on board with that plan.
lmao... Me too
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]Marmot[/mention] a handful of players suspected me to some degree on Day 1, but none quite as much as Mac. I know nutella was on my case. Jay poked at me, but I don't think he ultimately read me as scum. K-ness and alien both expressed suspicion of me. I think speedchuck and jack expressed varying levels of suspicion. I'm not sure what you mean by this question:
Was Sloonei not trying to do this before MacDougall was nightkilled?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:49 pm I can't hunt right now and really shouldn't be posting at all. But I've made lots of posts on other subjects. This is just the thing that caught my attention and bothered me when I woke up this morning. If you want to see other things, I invite you to look at my post history. There's stuff there that's not this.

Also I disagree that self-defense isn't hunting. I am trying to understand sprityo just as much as I am trying to clear my own name.
Who are you and what have you done with supaSloondog?
sprityo wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:50 pm
Then who was his number one suspect? If anything you might not even have had been an actual suspect, more so he wanted to push you.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:26 pm Mac was subsequently nightkilled. My instinct was to look out for people who would then turn that kill against me. I expressed this early in the day.
Then you picked a poor choice of words to express it.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:26 pm sprityo, who hadn’t touched me all game, then comes along to declare me his top suspect because I had expressed my theory about potentially being framed by Mac’s death. I don’t think it was at all unreasonable for me to feel that way, and I’d have no reason not to share that opinion with the thread. sprityo, however, suggests that there’s “no reason” for me to share it if I’m town. I don’t buy that part especially.
You can feel that way. However, your words reflect differently than what youre saying right now. Let me rephrase myself on saying 'you have no reason to "share" if youre town.' There's no reason to create a wifom scenario. which is what you did. which is what i've been saying youve done.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:26 pm What’s more, he hasn’t identified anything in Mac’s suspicion against me that he agrees with. I’d like to see him at least try to do that.
Mac had suspicion but not context. yknow why?
MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:54 am You are asking me to play the game in ignorance of all my intuition and instincts?
He didnt have a reason. Simple as that. I dont suspect you because of what mac said, i suspect you because of what happened to mac, what mac could have done, and what you did do following mac's death. I'm not looking at you from any other angle besides what happened after mac died.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:26 pm But for now I get the sense of a baddie making a concerted effort to spin a case against an established suspect (me). I do not get the sense that sprit has carefully considered my position in any of my posts. Instead it feels to me like he just seized onto a suspicion that already existed and is using that as his authority to suspect me.

Here's the unlikely scenario:

Sloonei is town, he gets pursued by mac who is not someone to back down off his intuition. Sloonei isnt lynch, much to mac's dismay. then during the night, mac still paints him as someone bad, essentially a guarantee he's gonna try to lynch sloonei on day2. He even goes as far as to taunt sloonei to kill him. Mafia kills mac and waits for someone to attack sloonei.

------------------

so would mafia kill mac to blame sloonei? or would sloonei kill mac to take the pressure and focus off himself?
MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:54 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:35 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:28 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:32 pm This is an even worse result than the Day 1 result.
You are so evil and villainous and it offends me that you survived day one.
Please move past this.
You are asking me to play the game in ignorance of all my intuition and instincts?

Just kill me. Dr Manhattan taking out Rorschach style.
I do sympathize with Sloonei's concerns here. If sprityo suspects Sloonei because of the MacDougall kill, then he's tunnelling pretty hard on everything else Sloonei is saying as a result. Evidence provided by the above post.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

:sigh:

I'm going to end up staying up until the lynch ends and be too tired for work tomorrow...
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:29 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:59 amI want to respond to this post before I go as well, even though I already addressed speedchuck's followup to it.

I have a tendency when I'm being misread to insist that my accusers are simply not thinking along the lines they should be toward me. I don't like it when people suspect me and sometimes I have trouble believing it can really happen. In sprityo's case, I see him saying a whole bunch of things about what my scum motivation would be, but I don't see a regard for what my town motivations would be. That is what I meant when I said he hadn't considered my position; it seemed, at the time, like he was only looking at my posts through the lens of me being bad. I wanted him to also look through the lens of me being good.
I'm the same way. I act upon this whether or not I'm actually town though. This doesn't say anything about your alignment to me.
Also, to clarify on my Mac stance again: I said his suspicion of me had no "clear point of origin", and I stand by that, because it seemed like he entered the thread with me as a suspect. I also suggested that he had no case, because never articulated anything specific. He just pointed at posts I made and said "This guy's bad." I stand by this because... that's exactly what he did. It doesn't mean I see his suspicion as invalid, it just means I grew extremely frustrated with it (the suspicion, not Mac as a person. I could never do that :hugs:) because there was nothing I could do about it, but because Mac is a vocal player with a strong personality and track record, the suspicion was able to spread with relative ease, and as a result I feel like I've been fighting against a case (Mac's) that doesn't really exist all game long. Other people have made cases, but the origin always seems to be Mac, who never made a case. I do not doubt that there could be baddies trying to seize on the suspicion against me, and that's also playing into my strong reaction against these cases.
K, my suspicion of you has very little to do with Mac, especially from when he was alive. I don't even remember much of his posts. I think others commented that him not really explaining his reads is normal though. Also, Mac was not the only one being suspicious of you. Jimmeey also voiced suspicion (or lack of trust), Nut and more. Here's my biggest problem with you right now: You seem very manipulative and slippery. You're spending a lot of time defending yourself, and l don't see the drive to solve the game. You say stuff that is plausible, but I don't see it reflected in the actual thread. You say you're having a strong reaction to the suspicions of you because you don't doubt there could be baddies trying to seize on the suspicion against you. But I don't actually see any "strong reaction". I've seen you say your judgement could be clouded when it comes to Sprit and that you don't know. The reaction you've been having is defense and explaining yourself, not sussing out who's doing what for which reasons in regards to you. It doesn't have a texture that I would describe as strong. It feels manipulative and slippery. It actually feels a lot like I imagine I come across as scum.
I wanted to see if I could get sprit to reference "Mac's case" earlier just to see if he was really full of shit. He didn't bite.
So you're claiming it was a trap?
Have speedchuck and luna ever been bad together?
What's the point of this question? What do you want to gain from this? If you ask me, I have no idea. This seems like pure deflection to me.

Do you have any players that you feel are very likely to be town right now?
dizzy can you post me a link to a game where you're civ in it, please?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Bullzeye wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:46 pm :sigh:

I'm going to end up staying up until the lynch ends and be too tired for work tomorrow...
That's the spirit. :beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Still down for a Nova wagon if there's enough people who would lynch him over Sloonei and/or Luna
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Marmot wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:49 pm I can't hunt right now and really shouldn't be posting at all. But I've made lots of posts on other subjects. This is just the thing that caught my attention and bothered me when I woke up this morning. If you want to see other things, I invite you to look at my post history. There's stuff there that's not this.

Also I disagree that self-defense isn't hunting. I am trying to understand sprityo just as much as I am trying to clear my own name.
supaSloondog has been replaced by supaSchooldog. :(
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:48 pm Still down for a Nova wagon if there's enough people who would lynch him over Sloonei and/or Luna
Can I interest you in some sprit?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:50 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:48 pm Still down for a Nova wagon if there's enough people who would lynch him over Sloonei and/or Luna
No not really. His tunneling has a hint of genuineuinityness to it, also I don't think you'd have the votes
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:28 pm Show of hands who thinks speedchuck could be bad?
You all are still bad because I've been lazy and haven't proven anyone townie yet.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:49 pm

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Marmot Man is Mega Bad
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:49 pm

Is that why you asked sprityo to bus you? :grin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Part of me wants to see where Sloonei vs Luna goes but if there's a better option then why not. What makes you want a Nova lynch?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

nutella wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:22 pm Kylemii
Long Con
Dyslexicon
Infected_alien8_

sprityo
Turnip Head

Bullzeye
DFaraday
Dom
DrWilgy
Marmot
Simon
Soneji

K-Ness
novaselinenever

Quin
Jackofhearts2005
speedchuck
Sloonei

Lunalee

I like forcing quick sorting judgments like this to determine what my hunches really are. I feel enough hesitation on the other four oranges to lighten the orange, but I don't really feel that hesitation with Luna. So I'll put my money where my colors are and [VOTE: Lunalee] aubergine
why am i green?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I've been afraid to bring this into the fold because for those who are already on my case it's just an added layer of WIFOM and a chance to say "of course you'd update your strategy in this game", but here is my post history from Ancient Greece Mafia. The dynamic between Mac and I was very similar to how it is here, with the main difference being my alignment. Mac hounded me from Day 1 and was killed on Night 2. The differences are that I engaged more heavily with Mac while he was alive, and then after his death I acted like no player named Macdougall had ever existed. I wanted to get as far away from that heat as possible.

For those who will say I am making a conscious effort to play differently here than I did there: I did not remember what my methods were in that game off the top of my head. I had to go back and look just now to see how I behaved. My fingers were crossed that it would be different than what I've done here. :phew:

I offer this for the people who are still on the fence about me. I know all of this can't be taken definitively, but I at least want to provide a sample of my past behavior in a situation remarkably similar to the one we're currently in.

It's also my most recent and most significant scum performance on the Syndicate, if anyone's into cross-game comparisons. I can provide a recent town game as well for any of the folks who aren't already super familiar with my meta.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:51 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:50 pm
No not really. His tunneling has a hint of genuineuinityness to it, also I don't think you'd have the votes
Does this case do anything for you?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:26 pm Rainbow list of the players currently voting for me:
Dyslexicon
Jack
K-ness
speedchuck
sprityo

Lunalee

I know I'm supposed to be moving beyond self-defense, but I'm still going to begin from this position. I suspect that there is at least one baddie pushing for my lynch today given the full context of this phase. Luna and sprit so far have most fit the bill. I do not know K-ness well enough and have not seen enough from him to comment thoroughly on his participation in this game. Jack seems to regard him as town, but I don't get the sense that's a particularly strong read. I posted my speedchuck thoughts at length last night.

I just glanced through Jack's posts a moment ago and found nothing outrageously objectionable. His approach seems like what I've come to expect from town Jack.
what is it about dizzy in particular that brings you to trusting?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ah, I see Dizzy replaced in (no wonder you were tagging me).

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:56 pm I've been afraid to bring this into the fold because for those who are already on my case it's just an added layer of WIFOM and a chance to say "of course you'd update your strategy in this game", but here is my post history from Ancient Greece Mafia. The dynamic between Mac and I was very similar to how it is here, with the main difference being my alignment. Mac hounded me from Day 1 and was killed on Night 2. The differences are that I engaged more heavily with Mac while he was alive, and then after his death I acted like no player named Macdougall had ever existed. I wanted to get as far away from that heat as possible.

For those who will say I am making a conscious effort to play differently here than I did there: I did not remember what my methods were in that game off the top of my head. I had to go back and look just now to see how I behaved. My fingers were crossed that it would be different than what I've done here. :phew:

I offer this for the people who are still on the fence about me. I know all of this can't be taken definitively, but I at least want to provide a sample of my past behavior in a situation remarkably similar to the one we're currently in.

It's also my most recent and most significant scum performance on the Syndicate, if anyone's into cross-game comparisons. I can provide a recent town game as well for any of the folks who aren't already super familiar with my meta.
If you're bad, you're the king of WIFOM. Honestly I feel worse about Luna's posts where it looked like she was trying to avoid responsibility for her Nova vote so I will [VOTE: Lunalee] aubergine at least for now. If she is lynched today and flips civ, I reserve the right to return to your vineyard.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Lunalee wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:47 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:46 pm Anyone down for a quick Nova wagon?
Honestly, I'd rather lynch Sloonei today. Still don't feel good about the dude, and starting to suspect him more than I did Nova.
what is it specifically about sloonei that makes you want to lynch him?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Bullzeye wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:54 pm
Part of me wants to see where Sloonei vs Luna goes but if there's a better option then why not. What makes you want a Nova lynch?
... Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

It doesn't take much imagination for me to paint Bullz and Luna as scumbuddies right now :smoky:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:00 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:26 pm Rainbow list of the players currently voting for me:
Dyslexicon
Jack
K-ness
speedchuck
sprityo

Lunalee

I know I'm supposed to be moving beyond self-defense, but I'm still going to begin from this position. I suspect that there is at least one baddie pushing for my lynch today given the full context of this phase. Luna and sprit so far have most fit the bill. I do not know K-ness well enough and have not seen enough from him to comment thoroughly on his participation in this game. Jack seems to regard him as town, but I don't get the sense that's a particularly strong read. I posted my speedchuck thoughts at length last night.

I just glanced through Jack's posts a moment ago and found nothing outrageously objectionable. His approach seems like what I've come to expect from town Jack.
what is it about dizzy in particular that brings you to trusting?
Dizzy came in and hit the ground running, as someone else phrased it. As soon as they showed up the game took on a new life. It was about as ideal a sub-in as any player could have.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:22 pm 4-5 hours till day end, correct? I’ll be around just before day end, I expect.

Want to also look at Alien and Nova. Plus wondering whether anyone who knows Turnip has a read on them?
turnip head in general is a very laid back guy in mafia games, but it's not because of lack of motivation but more because if he went all out all the time no one else would stand a chance. I've seen him stay on the joke-y joke sidelines as a civ and also a bad, his behavior here reminds me of a previous game where he was actually a lot more active than usual and posting a bunch and occasionally making posts so long where I'd go "man that post is really long, do I really have to read all of it? :/" that's the same turnhp head I'm seeing here.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

nutella wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:07 pm Re: the princess thing, Kyle has a point that it could have been one of the nked people -- I could imagine a role where if they remain civ their death triggers a skipped day and if they are bad their death triggers a skipped night or vice versa or whatever.
yeah like bomb guy or mr. pharoah(sp?)
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:15 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:22 pm 4-5 hours till day end, correct? I’ll be around just before day end, I expect.

Want to also look at Alien and Nova. Plus wondering whether anyone who knows Turnip has a read on them?
turnip head in general is a very laid back guy in mafia games, but it's not because of lack of motivation but more because if he went all out all the time no one else would stand a chance. I've seen him stay on the joke-y joke sidelines as a civ and also a bad, his behavior here reminds me of a previous game where he was actually a lot more active than usual and posting a bunch and occasionally making posts so long where I'd go "man that post is really long, do I really have to read all of it? :/" that's the same turnhp head I'm seeing here.
what was turnip head's alignment in that game where he would make long posts that made you ask if you really had to read all of it?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Kyle how dare you try to effort-shame me like this
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

How dare you sir
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Bullzeye wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:04 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:00 am
Bullzeye wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:56 am Just checking in before work, love how I’m being set up for an easy bandwagon by a bunch of people who know nothing about me. I also don’t see how it’s okay to point out someone is online and reading the thread when their activity is set to hidden. I often check from my phone and hate posting from it so tend not to, and specifically chose to not show as online so that people couldn’t act like that means anything.
I agree that you should not be lynched. Do you have any recommendations for who that honor should go to instead?
I have a few ideas but I’m literally just about to leave for work so don’t have time to go into anything.
Hey, I have basically read up to this point, and I have to go back to work at a catering job until after the lynch so my vote now will be final. IT's currently 6-5 Spoons-Lunes. I don't really feel like I suspect Sloonei so I'll stay the course on the other train.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:09 pm It doesn't take much imagination for me to paint Bullz and Luna as scumbuddies right now :smoky:
I forgive you.

Return to “Previous Jobs”