The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 323
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Day 3]

Post by sprityo »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:55 pm
sprityo wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:49 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:30 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:25 pm Sloon, why sprit and speed? I think bullz and marmot's votes looked way worse
I haven’t considered bussers yet. Sprit and chuck are the two I’d immediately see supportive teammate connections with Luna. I talked about the peculiar (even for them) relationship between speedchuck and luna in one of my posts towards the end of the day. I’d like to look further into it to see if there’s really anything there.

Sprit is up there for the same reasons as before. I approached this day with an eye for people who I felt were pushing me dishonestly. Luna was one of them, sprit was the other.

Neither of these are fully formed reads yet, just my first impression after that lynch.

Why are Marmot and Bullzeye the likely bussers?
How can you “approach” a day of people who were “dishonestly pushing” you when I had no active content or anything against prior to day3? :ponder:
My approach to the day was to look for people who pushed against me in ways that seemed dishonest to me. If it seems like I’m just repeating myself, it’s because I am. I’m not shre what your point is here.
I also feel validated because, like, I was totally right about Luna. Feel free to make the case that I bussed her.
That was just me being nit-picky
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Night 3]

Post by sprityo »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:58 pm
sprityo wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:54 pm Tell you this. I’ll stop harassing Sloonei for tonight and we can talk someone else. I definitely think Sloonei is full omgus mode for suspecting speed and I
Would town Sloonei do that?
Idk. I’ve been going off memory of the most recent game ive playerbase with Sloonei, which wasn’t Pokémon mafia at hcrealms

I think his content amount is certainly different
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:59 pm
sprityo wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:54 pm Tell you this. I’ll stop harassing Sloonei for tonight and we can talk someone else. I definitely think Sloonei is full omgus mode for suspecting speed and I
Hey now, I was proud of myself for working to a point where I suspected you without relying on self-defense.
Also my speedchuck decision is based much more on his relationship with Luna. In-game, I mean. Out of game they’re an admirable pair by all accounts.

What immediate thoughts do you have in the aftermath of this lynch?
I touched on this but we should get marmot talking more and dig into bullseye over his vote change.
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:53 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:45 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:28 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:19 pm hi :ninja:
hello. where are you at in terms of being caught up? got any thoughts to express?
I'm catching up on this phase. Nutella and Quinn are bad.
Nutella is very not bad after today.
I agree, I like nutella
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Wait how much is nova catching up on to make Quin bad if he didn’t talk, let alone vote yesterday? :ponder:

[mention]Long Con[/mention] talk to me about Luna’s scummates
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Dyslexicon »

Hi, Sprit! Do you have an opinion on K-Ness, Simon and Bullz?
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Bullzeye »

sprityo wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:29 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:59 pm
Hey now, I was proud of myself for working to a point where I suspected you without relying on self-defense.
Also my speedchuck decision is based much more on his relationship with Luna. In-game, I mean. Out of game they’re an admirable pair by all accounts.

What immediate thoughts do you have in the aftermath of this lynch?
I touched on this but we should get marmot talking more and dig into bullseye over his vote change.
Don’t know exactly what you mean here, I didn’t change my vote. Luna was the only person I voted for yesterday. I can totally see why people might think we were distancing but my only defense at this time is to say I don’t like to bus teammates, especially not this early and especially not when they could easily be saved.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Simon is scum lean mostly null. Noncontent to work with, the vote drop was weird. Possibly bussing

Bullseye I generally felt good prior to end of day 3. I want to look back and check for if it was an attempt to redirect or not

K-Ness is feeling the pressure, overall he just needs to say more words. I want to lean town for him I can’t say he’s a town lean until he just does something. Significant.

Linki: yeah let me just go read your day3 iso and I’ll know how I feel about you
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

nutella wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:44 pm@Dyslexicon can you explain what exactly it is that makes Nova incompatible with Luna? Is it just how EOD1 went down because I can see a world in which her progression on him is a bus or a world in which it is a save attempt on one of the other candidates.
Yeah, I was thinking about how Luna did vote Nova in what seemed to be a tight and pretty chaotic lynch. Would be very unnecessary if bussing imo. I do know that some players on this site is strangely fond of bussing, but I don't really see that in this case. Haven't looked it over though, which I may do at a point.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

So yeah bullzeye’s end Of day3 stuff had him suspecting Sloonei for the same reasons I was, but in the end he voted Luna because of “her not wanting to take responsibility with her nova vote” which I personally don’t remember the events of, but other than that I maintain my light town read I had placed bullseye as earlier
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Oh wait maybe that’s what he’s referring to, what you’re talking about dizzy
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Dom »

Hey guys.

I'm hoping to catch up later today. I don't think I'll be able to read the whole thread, but I will do my darndest.

If anyone could give me a breif summary of days 2 and 3 i'd appreciate it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 432
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Dom wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:55 am Hey guys.

I'm hoping to catch up later today. I don't think I'll be able to read the whole thread, but I will do my darndest.

If anyone could give me a breif summary of days 2 and 3 i'd appreciate it.
Day 2 doesn't exist. Day 3 we had a situation where Sloonei was leading over Luna (and Bullz at one point) most of the day, nearing EoD the vote stayed steady at 6-5 for a while. the small Bullz wagon disappeared, and Marmot voted for sprityo late in the day, the only offwagon vote. Then Luna got the last 4 votes, and was mafia.

Other cases were made that mayormaynot carry over, gotta see how it shakes out
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 503
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:48 pm Still down for a Nova wagon if there's enough people who would lynch him over Sloonei and/or Luna
Is this too blatant for a Luna/Sloonei/TH team? :ponder:

Probably.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:50 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:48 pm Still down for a Nova wagon if there's enough people who would lynch him over Sloonei and/or Luna
Can I interest you in some sprit?
This is part of why I think Sloonei and Luna are teamed.

Sloonei cases Luna but actually wants Sprityo lynched even though Sprityo is obvtown.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Check out the jack trying to think outside of its box
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Marmot wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:54 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:49 pm
Marmot wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:49 pm I can't hunt right now and really shouldn't be posting at all. But I've made lots of posts on other subjects. This is just the thing that caught my attention and bothered me when I woke up this morning. If you want to see other things, I invite you to look at my post history. There's stuff there that's not this.

Also I disagree that self-defense isn't hunting. I am trying to understand sprityo just as much as I am trying to clear my own name.
Who are you and what have you done with supaSloondog?
supaSloondog has been replaced by supaSchooldog. :(
Is that why you asked sprityo to bus you? :grin:
Lolyuck
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

sprityo wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:19 am Oh wait maybe that’s what he’s referring to, what you’re talking about dizzy
No, I was referring to the fact that Luna talked in a manner of finding a town that deserved to be lynched instead of actually finding scum. That was the reason I was ok with her lynch. It was talked about quite a lot actually. Did you miss it?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Bullzeye wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:03 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:56 pm I've been afraid to bring this into the fold because for those who are already on my case it's just an added layer of WIFOM and a chance to say "of course you'd update your strategy in this game", but here is my post history from Ancient Greece Mafia. The dynamic between Mac and I was very similar to how it is here, with the main difference being my alignment. Mac hounded me from Day 1 and was killed on Night 2. The differences are that I engaged more heavily with Mac while he was alive, and then after his death I acted like no player named Macdougall had ever existed. I wanted to get as far away from that heat as possible.

For those who will say I am making a conscious effort to play differently here than I did there: I did not remember what my methods were in that game off the top of my head. I had to go back and look just now to see how I behaved. My fingers were crossed that it would be different than what I've done here. :phew:

I offer this for the people who are still on the fence about me. I know all of this can't be taken definitively, but I at least want to provide a sample of my past behavior in a situation remarkably similar to the one we're currently in.

It's also my most recent and most significant scum performance on the Syndicate, if anyone's into cross-game comparisons. I can provide a recent town game as well for any of the folks who aren't already super familiar with my meta.
If you're bad, you're the king of WIFOM. Honestly I feel worse about Luna's posts where it looked like she was trying to avoid responsibility for her Nova vote so I will [VOTE: Lunalee] aubergine at least for now. If she is lynched today and flips civ, I reserve the right to return to your vineyard.
What an odd ifthen statement. Guess now that Luna has flipped scum, no need to look at Sloonei anymore, right?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Jack, is K-ness still town to you, and if so, why?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Marmot wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:31 pm [VOTE: sprityo] aubergine

Counter-counter wagon engaged!
Lolololololol
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:42 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:39 pmHe's online now, I think it is likely he was silenced
Oh my god. I can't stand silencing. It's the worst.
+50
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:49 am Jack, is K-ness still town to you, and if so, why?
Nah.

He’s doing what I was townreading him for not doing. That is, talking about being overwhelmed instead of pushing forward.

It’s fine to be overwhelmed moving from HCRealms to the Syndicate but to effectively town, moving past that stage is essential. Initial overwhelmed to effort ratios for Fredwood, CBob, Silver and Jack were all alignment indicative. That may be an unfair statement given the different player styles but I keep expecting Kness to start swimming and he hasn’t.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Who cased Luna first? If it was Sloonei, that’s a good look for him. If it was Nutella and Sloonei cased her later while pushing to lynch different people, that’s a really bad look.

[mention]nutella[/mention]
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 414

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:25 pm and Simon's looked coached tbh.
agreed
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Oy vey I'm basically caught up.

I still don't suspect Sprit. I still suspect Sloonei, about as much as I did before, but I wasn't burning with passion on that at the end of the day. (amusingly, he came in right after the lynch to control the narrative, just as he did with the nightkill) Sloonei = #Deep State

Nutella is good. Jack is still good. Simon, who I had the slightest of pings on before, is now doubly pinged on my scumdar.

I read Bullseye's vote on Luna as somewhat scummy, but only because of the "I'll lynch her first, then if she's town, back to you." This seemed scummy, like the kind of thing someone would do to predict their lynch target, seem more consistent, and waste time lynching a townie without progressing their case. But then Luna flipped scum, so Bulls wouldn't come back to sloonei.
I'd say this is probably only scummy if Luna/Sloonei/Bullzeye is a thing.

TH is... probably good. Hard to read.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:00 amTH is... probably good. Hard to read.
I'm probs gettin killed 2nite for real mang
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

This time I said the things before Speedchuck.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Mafia nk is aimed at Nutella. Townies take note to save her.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:20 am Mafia nk is aimed at Nutella. Townies take note to save her.
Take her to a safe place jack, I'll distract 'em with my booty
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 300
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:35 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:50 pm
Can I interest you in some sprit?
This is part of why I think Sloonei and Luna are teamed.

Sloonei cases Luna but actually wants Sprityo lynched even though Sprityo is obvtown.
Is there something wrong with having multiple suspects?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Nah, Long Con is getting Nked tonight. I have foreseen it.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hot take: Sloonei is getting nightkilled
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

sprityo wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:34 am@Long Con talk to me about Luna’s scummates
Simon is probably bad. Still some lingering Jack suspicion for me. Maybe Marmot? How many inactives do we have now?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:01 pm
sprityo wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:34 am@Long Con talk to me about Luna’s scummates
Simon is probably bad. Still some lingering Jack suspicion for me. Maybe Marmot? How many inactives do we have now?
DFaraday and Wilgy still haven’t done much. Dom popped in earlier to say he’ll be around later. alien has been missing for a week.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:27 am Who cased Luna first? If it was Sloonei, that’s a good look for him. If it was Nutella and Sloonei cased her later while pushing to lynch different people, that’s a really bad look.
Pretty sure he was first. Started back in d1
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm not on board with the Simon sussers atm, it feels like the wrong direction to take.

He wouldn't need a coach to make those posts anyways, and I don't find his posts inherently suspicious.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:43 am
Bullzeye wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:03 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:56 pm I've been afraid to bring this into the fold because for those who are already on my case it's just an added layer of WIFOM and a chance to say "of course you'd update your strategy in this game", but here is my post history from Ancient Greece Mafia. The dynamic between Mac and I was very similar to how it is here, with the main difference being my alignment. Mac hounded me from Day 1 and was killed on Night 2. The differences are that I engaged more heavily with Mac while he was alive, and then after his death I acted like no player named Macdougall had ever existed. I wanted to get as far away from that heat as possible.

For those who will say I am making a conscious effort to play differently here than I did there: I did not remember what my methods were in that game off the top of my head. I had to go back and look just now to see how I behaved. My fingers were crossed that it would be different than what I've done here. :phew:

I offer this for the people who are still on the fence about me. I know all of this can't be taken definitively, but I at least want to provide a sample of my past behavior in a situation remarkably similar to the one we're currently in.

It's also my most recent and most significant scum performance on the Syndicate, if anyone's into cross-game comparisons. I can provide a recent town game as well for any of the folks who aren't already super familiar with my meta.
If you're bad, you're the king of WIFOM. Honestly I feel worse about Luna's posts where it looked like she was trying to avoid responsibility for her Nova vote so I will [VOTE: Lunalee] aubergine at least for now. If she is lynched today and flips civ, I reserve the right to return to your vineyard.
What an odd ifthen statement. Guess now that Luna has flipped scum, no need to look at Sloonei anymore, right?
That's not what I said at all.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:14 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:27 am Who cased Luna first? If it was Sloonei, that’s a good look for him. If it was Nutella and Sloonei cased her later while pushing to lynch different people, that’s a really bad look.
Pretty sure he was first. Started back in d1
Night 1 is when I remember really looking at her first. Right after Eloh’s lynch ended I went back to look at the deadline activity. Luna’s push on nova seemed like textbook scum to me. It didn’t help that she then started pushing me vaguely on Day 2.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:19 pm I'm not on board with the Simon sussers atm, it feels like the wrong direction to take.

He wouldn't need a coach to make those posts anyways, and I don't find his posts inherently suspicious.
I thought the suspicion was more about how luna treated him than anything he said himself.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:16 am
speedchuck wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:00 amTH is... probably good. Hard to read.
I'm probs gettin killed 2nite for real mang
let's both slam some shots and see who dies first :tea: This is all i have to drink sadly though
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:01 pm Hot take: Sloonei is getting nightkilled
Not happening. Too many people suspect you, so mafia wont kill you. unless you were some *amazing super awesome role*
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Speaking of luna saying things, I did a super cursory glance at her posts yesterday for speedchuck mentions and only found three innocuous references. That didn’t feel right and I urge somebody with more time than me to look at it. I feel like I remember her talking about him a few times.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Turnip Head wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:19 pm I'm not on board with the Simon sussers atm, it feels like the wrong direction to take.

He doesnt have enough content for us to judge effectively. there's some other areas on interest we can look at. I want to swing on marmot. i think
Banners:
ImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:01 pm Hot take: Sloonei is getting nightkilled
:haha:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

It’s nice to know I’m not getting killed tonight. Cause I’m so lovable of course.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I should probably mention I'm away this weekend and probably won't be around at all. I'll try to vote from my phone first thing but I'm unlikely to have chance to get involved at all through Day 4, if I do it will be very brief and I'll probably be quite drunk. Should be back on Monday evening assuming I'm still alive.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sprityo wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:28 pm

He doesnt have enough content for us to judge effectively. there's some other areas on interest we can look at. I want to swing on marmot. i think
I am down for a Marmot Press. I still haven’t done my homework on him, but the memories I have of his presence at the end of the day align with what I might expect from Luna’s teammate trying not to implicate himself.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I could string Marmot right up.

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Gather round the fire folks, tonight we feast on rotisserie rodent
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”