69%

Total votes: 13
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 432
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Night 3]

Post by Turnip Head »

nutella wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:06 pm Gather round the fire folks, tonight we feast on rotisserie rodent
K-Ness
Posts in topic: 79

Post by K-Ness »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:20 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:49 am Jack, is K-ness still town to you, and if so, why?
Nah.

He’s doing what I was townreading him for not doing. That is, talking about being overwhelmed instead of pushing forward.

It’s fine to be overwhelmed moving from HCRealms to the Syndicate but to effectively town, moving past that stage is essential. Initial overwhelmed to effort ratios for Fredwood, CBob, Silver and Jack were all alignment indicative. That may be an unfair statement given the different player styles but I keep expecting Kness to start swimming and he hasn’t.
I've already explained that I'm too used to relying on night powers (reflected in the way I run my games since I tend to give players powerful roles, which makes balancing a pain in the butt). But fine. I'll put forth more of an effort to get my head in the game.

I had a read on sloonei not liking the way he was questioning the rules. I feel far more confident in his being town given the outcome on Lunalee.

Jack pinged me for similar reasons to sloonei, and he's one of the hardest players to read in a game. He also should be familiar enough with me as a mafia player to know when I'm scum, I do my best to slide by unnoticed. That means I tend to post as little as possible and just piggyback on people's hunches. His flopping opinion of me feels more like he's trying to set me up as an easy Day 4 lynch than a real assessment of my standings.

Quin was another early ping for me. Can't explain too much detail, just a vibe I was getting from the posts. Ditto for Bullzeye at this point.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

K-Ness wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:59 pmtrying to set me up as an easy Day 4 lynch
Why so skittish, mon frere? :ponder:
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Dyslexicon »

K-Ness wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:59 pmI've already explained that I'm too used to relying on night powers (reflected in the way I run my games since I tend to give players powerful roles, which makes balancing a pain in the butt). But fine. I'll put forth more of an effort to get my head in the game.

I had a read on sloonei not liking the way he was questioning the rules. I feel far more confident in his being town given the outcome on Lunalee.

Jack pinged me for similar reasons to sloonei, and he's one of the hardest players to read in a game. He also should be familiar enough with me as a mafia player to know when I'm scum, I do my best to slide by unnoticed. That means I tend to post as little as possible and just piggyback on people's hunches. His flopping opinion of me feels more like he's trying to set me up as an easy Day 4 lynch than a real assessment of my standings.

Quin was another early ping for me. Can't explain too much detail, just a vibe I was getting from the posts. Ditto for Bullzeye at this point.
What do you make of the wagon on Luna and how it formed? Do you think anyone looks particularly good or bad from it?
Dyslexicon
<3

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Dyslexicon »

sprityo wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:29 pm sadly though it looks like I have missed the end of day, I don’t even know what luna’s Flip is yet
Am I the only one who think this stinks?

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 300
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:10 pm
sprityo wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:29 pm sadly though it looks like I have missed the end of day, I don’t even know what luna’s Flip is yet
Nope.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:19 pm
Nope.
Why tho
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

nutella wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:20 pmWhy tho
My initial reaction was something like "faaaaake".
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:23 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:20 pmWhy tho
My initial reaction was something like "faaaaake".
Well I disagree, I think it's more likely legit. But ok.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

nutella wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:25 pmWell I disagree, I think it's more likely legit. But ok.
Alright. Well, that is why I asked, to get perspectives.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:20 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:19 pm
Nope.
Why tho
I can read it as a fake continuation of his suspicion on me. It almost seems like he went put of his way that he didn’t know Luna’s role.

But I can also see it as a town post. If sprit is bad, I struggle to see what he gains from pretending to push against me in the same way as he had been immediately after we’d lynched one of his partners.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Could be right. How does sprityo/Lunalee look?
Sloonei wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:25 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:19 pm I'm not on board with the Simon sussers atm, it feels like the wrong direction to take.

He wouldn't need a coach to make those posts anyways, and I don't find his posts inherently suspicious.
I thought the suspicion was more about how luna treated him than anything he said himself.
I thought the late placement of his vote on Luna was concerning.
K-Ness

Post by K-Ness »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:07 pm
K-Ness wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:59 pmI've already explained that I'm too used to relying on night powers (reflected in the way I run my games since I tend to give players powerful roles, which makes balancing a pain in the butt). But fine. I'll put forth more of an effort to get my head in the game.

What do you make of the wagon on Luna and how it formed? Do you think anyone looks particularly good or bad from it?
Kyle was pretty vocal about wanting to know why people were voting for Luna. He was either erring on the side of caution or trying to find a way to help her wiggle out of it. Leaning neutral on him at the moment.

Long Con gave no indication of his feelings towards Luna, only voting for her because he felt sloonei wasn't bad. He had the opportunity to push on sloonei if he wanted to try to bolster Luna's defenses and didn't take it. Makes me lean town on him. Especially when you factor in his mistake of thinking Elohcin was the first night kill. It's just a slip I don't see a mafia member making in the game.

Marmot feels off to me for some reason. Can't quite explain why.

Nutella is leaving me feeling pretty confident of towniness.

I have no opinion on Simon, so he's squarely in the neutral category for me at the moment. Though the post about how his mother was nightkilled meaning he can't be mafia is bogus for several reasons, one of which was explained in the Long Con summary.

Bullzeye's remark about someone being absent Day 2 was odd considering there wasn't a Day 2. But the overall feel from his ISO leaves me leaning town on him.

I've been enjoying reading your posts. There's something delightful about them, and the avatar is fabulous! The posts give me a town feel for you.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:29 pm Could be right. How does sprityo/Lunalee look?
Don’t know. I haven’t looked into it yet and won’t have time to for a while. But they were the two players I marked out as having potentially contrived suspicions against me yesterday. Neither suspected me at all on Day 1, but I became the top suspect for each of them Day 2. I shared my sprityo case prior to Luna’s flip and it was never really picked up by anyone. He’s someone we should talk about.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
K-Ness

Post by K-Ness »

Considering the post was made after Luna was revealed, not at all. If you're cognizant enough to know you missed the day, you should at least be able to check who was lynched and the results there of. It sounds more like making a lame excuse for not being around and then trying to pepper it to make it seem more palatable.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Bullzeye »

K-Ness wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:46 pm
Bullzeye's remark about someone being absent Day 2 was odd considering there wasn't a Day 2. But the overall feel from his ISO leaves me leaning town on him.
I feel like it's incredibly obvious that that comment was a joke...
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 503
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

K-Ness wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:59 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:49 am Jack, is K-ness still town to you, and if so, why?
Nah.

He’s doing what I was townreading him for not doing. That is, talking about being overwhelmed instead of pushing forward.

It’s fine to be overwhelmed moving from HCRealms to the Syndicate but to effectively town, moving past that stage is essential. Initial overwhelmed to effort ratios for Fredwood, CBob, Silver and Jack were all alignment indicative. That may be an unfair statement given the different player styles but I keep expecting Kness to start swimming and he hasn’t.
I've already explained that I'm too used to relying on night powers (reflected in the way I run my games since I tend to give players powerful roles, which makes balancing a pain in the butt). But fine. I'll put forth more of an effort to get my head in the game.

Brah plz.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:02 pm
K-Ness wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:59 pm
Nah.

Brah plz.
this
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

K-Ness wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:46 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:07 pm
K-Ness wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:59 pmLong Con gave no indication of his feelings towards Luna, only voting for her because he felt sloonei wasn't bad. He had the opportunity to push on sloonei if he wanted to try to bolster Luna's defenses and didn't take it. Makes me lean town on him. Especially when you factor in his mistake of thinking Elohcin was the first night kill. It's just a slip I don't see a mafia member making in the game.
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 14#p484714

That's the post where I voted for Luna, pretty early in the day. You are just looking at my last comment before the vote.

I am Undisputed Master of the Townslip.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I am on my phone, obviously I had a slight miscalculation on how that post would look.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Zzzzzz

Hey while we're waiting out this night I got a funny riddle for y'all

What do Sloonei, a novelist, and the Republican Party have in common?

They all tryna control the narrative!! Haaaaa
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

K-Ness wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:46 pmKyle was pretty vocal about wanting to know why people were voting for Luna. He was either erring on the side of caution or trying to find a way to help her wiggle out of it. Leaning neutral on him at the moment.

Long Con gave no indication of his feelings towards Luna, only voting for her because he felt sloonei wasn't bad. He had the opportunity to push on sloonei if he wanted to try to bolster Luna's defenses and didn't take it. Makes me lean town on him. Especially when you factor in his mistake of thinking Elohcin was the first night kill. It's just a slip I don't see a mafia member making in the game.

Marmot feels off to me for some reason. Can't quite explain why.

Nutella is leaving me feeling pretty confident of towniness.

I have no opinion on Simon, so he's squarely in the neutral category for me at the moment. Though the post about how his mother was nightkilled meaning he can't be mafia is bogus for several reasons, one of which was explained in the Long Con summary.

Thanks. In regards to Simon - he wasn't the one saying that about the nightkill. That was something LC said, and Kyle doubled up on, before Kyle himself (and nut) corrected it.
I've been enjoying reading your posts. There's something delightful about them, and the avatar is fabulous! The posts give me a town feel for you.
Aw, thank you! Now I feel bad for suspecting you - which I do, btw. : p
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

K-Ness wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:53 pmConsidering the post was made after Luna was revealed, not at all. If you're cognizant enough to know you missed the day, you should at least be able to check who was lynched and the results there of. It sounds more like making a lame excuse for not being around and then trying to pepper it to make it seem more palatable.
I'm actually not sure what your conclusion is here? Are you saying that Sprit is suspicious for it, or not suspicious for it?
K-Ness

Post by K-Ness »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:11 pm
K-Ness wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:53 pmConsidering the post was made after Luna was revealed, not at all. If you're cognizant enough to know you missed the day, you should at least be able to check who was lynched and the results there of. It sounds more like making a lame excuse for not being around and then trying to pepper it to make it seem more palatable.
I'm actually not sure what your conclusion is here? Are you saying that Sprit is suspicious for it, or not suspicious for it?
Suspicious. The lynch reveal was already posted, so it seemed like a hasty post was made to try to explain why he wasn't present. And it's okay to suspect me. It's all part of the game.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I suspect you :eye:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

New colors. Something like this.

Long Con
nutella

novaselinenever
Kylemii
speedchuck
Sloonei
Turnip Head

Bullzeye
Infected_alien8_
JackofHearts2005
sprityo
Quin

DFaraday
Dom
DrWilgy
Soneji

Marmot
K-Ness
Simon
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 63

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Night 2]

Post by Epignosis »

Night 3 has Ended.

nutella has been killed.

It is now Day 4. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Also, I'm not sure I like the interaction between Jack and K-Ness. Jack started with an apathetic town read, which he now says have changed (after I asked). But I don't see any effort for Jack to put attention on K-Ness by his own initiative. Also K-Ness has constantly read Jack as scum or funny feelings for no reason, and made a point to say that he thought Jack could set him up. And it read a bit "so we're definitely not chummy this game", but then I don't see any real push from either of them on each other.

Thots.

Linki, Nutella. : (
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

[VOTE: Marmot] aubergine

Marmotmarmotmarmot
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Oh wait, can't even vote in pull yet. : p
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Night 2]

Epignosis wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:42 pm
Night 3 has Ended.

nutella has been killed.

It is now Day 3. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
Nobody listens to me. :suspish:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:42 pm Also, I'm not sure I like the interaction between Jack and K-Ness. Jack started with an apathetic town read, which he now says have changed (after I asked). But I don't see any effort for Jack to put attention on K-Ness by his own initiative. Also K-Ness has constantly read Jack as scum or funny feelings for no reason, and made a point to say that he thought Jack could set him up. And it read a bit "so we're definitely not chummy this game", but then I don't see any real push from either of them on each other.

Thots.

Linki, Nutella. : (
For background, Kness is a pal from my homesite. I’m generally regarded as the sneakiest something something on the board or pretty close to it so I kinda expect him to start off suspicious of me, esp if he’s town. I’ve been treating Kness with kid gloves somewhat cause I really want him to like it here and I also understand this site is way more intense than what he’s used to.

I don’t know why Kness currently thinks I’m town, though.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Day 4]

Post by nutella »

Ballsss
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 240

Post by Quin »

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FINALLLLLLLLY
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

k so ima work on a wall post to sum up everything id have like to have said the past two phases. basically just giving updated reads and stuff k

in the meantime, here's what's up

I wasn't silenced, I was "imprisoned" and couldn't post for a full day/night cycle. There's a little more to it but I don't think it'll help find scum and I can see it giving them an advantage if I share that information, so I'm keeping it to myself for now. Other targets might disagree, idk.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:51 pmFor background, Kness is a pal from my homesite. I’m generally regarded as the sneakiest something something on the board or pretty close to it so I kinda expect him to start off suspicious of me, esp if he’s town. I’ve been treating Kness with kid gloves somewhat cause I really want him to like it here and I also understand this site is way more intense than what he’s used to.

I don’t know why Kness currently thinks I’m town, though.
Noted. I'm not into gloves at all, but I'm sure there's room to undress a bit on D4.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Quin wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:58 pm k so ima work on a wall post to sum up everything id have like to have said the past two phases. basically just giving updated reads and stuff k

I wasn't silenced, I was "imprisoned" and couldn't post for a full day/night cycle. There's a little more to it but I don't think it'll help find scum and I can see it giving them an advantage if I share that information, so I'm keeping it to myself for now. Other targets might disagree, idk.
Rough. Can we kill that scum?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:32 pm
Quin wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:58 pm k so ima work on a wall post to sum up everything id have like to have said the past two phases. basically just giving updated reads and stuff k

Rough. Can we kill that scum?
I can't say with confidence the person who did this to me is scum. Reasons being that I don't know if roles change after they've been recruited or not and also somewhat because of the ability itself.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Quin - Called Luna out before anyone else. Would most certainly have lead her wagon on Day 2 had he been able to post. He's actually really good at mafia, guys. Basically he is confirmed town now.

Dyslexicon - God damn bulldozed their way into the thread from the get go. Dizzy was obviously keeping up as a spectator and I don't get the impression that momentum was ruined by a scum role card which would effectively mean throwing their reads in the garbage.
Alien - Had a good conversation with him on Day 1 about Sloonei's ISO's which left me thinking he wasn't just forcing that opinion to stick. His activity has completely dropped since then. Typically scum struggle to integrate themselves at the start of a game, but I don't believe the opposite is true. I don't think his sudden absence is AI, especially since he hasn't really gained much attention.
sprityo - I've never seen sprityo tunnel this hard before. I also think it makes him town.

Kylemii - He's been vocal enough that I felt I should place him.

Sloonei - "this is just my opinion but i think the case against sloonei seems like it's made out of weird garbage???" - Kylemii, 2018. I think he's a potential Luna teammate though. He responded to my case on her with stuff about her defending him because of an emotional connection, but that doesn't explain the lie she told me (which I think he would have realised) as well as the fact that I've never seen a syndicate couple do so (well, except ikawolf). He also proposed a sprityo CFD yesterday, which isn't great. Putting him the slightest shade of green to deter people from lynching him based on yesterday because basically your case sucks and mine rules. :keys:

Dom - Pepper-posting Dom is not abnormal. But I also couldn't remember anything he's said without checking his ISO and none of it makes me feel strongly one way or another. Withholding judgment.
Marmot - He's here but... Nothing to say.
DFaraday - Nothing to say.
DrWilgy - Nothing to say.
Simon - Nothing to say.
Soneji - Nothing to say.

Long Con - see Kylemii.
Turnip Head - He kept suggesting a nova wagon yesterday but there's nothing to suggest he really meant it. He called nova and Luna w/w but thought it best to lynch nova first despite all the Luna traction. Meh.

Jack - Only real beef is the vote switch at EoD1 which he's explained well enough. I haven't completely dropped it but I don't think it's worth pressing either. He was cryptic about his reasons for town reading me though which is a treat
K-Ness - He's having trouble integrating himself. Not super unexpected coming from another site but it's now Day 4 and I have absolutely no idea what he's up to besides pointing out a few pings.
nova - Hated his Day 1 vote and have yet to see anything from him I like.
Bullzeye - Found something disingenuous about his push on Sloonei for his post about why Mac was killed. His argument was that mafia are NKing town leaders, when Sloonei himself is a town leader. Mac could very well have been killed with it's implications for Sloonei being a town birds one stone deal and Bullzeye may be ignoring this.
speedchuck - Here because of Luna interactions. Strongly think Luna was defending him on Day 1 without any substance. He's either a teammate or a poor victim of Luna buddying. I haven't seen his interactions with her yet though.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I think one of my yellows have replaced out but I can't remember who replaced them.
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Sucks about nutella
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Quin wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:57 pm Quin - Called Luna out before anyone else. Would most certainly have lead her wagon on Day 2 had he been able to post. He's actually really good at mafia, guys. Basically he is confirmed town now.

Dyslexicon - God damn bulldozed their way into the thread from the get go. Dizzy was obviously keeping up as a spectator and I don't get the impression that momentum was ruined by a scum role card which would effectively mean throwing their reads in the garbage.
Alien - Had a good conversation with him on Day 1 about Sloonei's ISO's which left me thinking he wasn't just forcing that opinion to stick. His activity has completely dropped since then. Typically scum struggle to integrate themselves at the start of a game, but I don't believe the opposite is true. I don't think his sudden absence is AI, especially since he hasn't really gained much attention.
sprityo - I've never seen sprityo tunnel this hard before. I also think it makes him town.

Kylemii - He's been vocal enough that I felt I should place him.

Sloonei - "this is just my opinion but i think the case against sloonei seems like it's made out of weird garbage???" - Kylemii, 2018. I think he's a potential Luna teammate though. He responded to my case on her with stuff about her defending him because of an emotional connection, but that doesn't explain the lie she told me (which I think he would have realised) as well as the fact that I've never seen a syndicate couple do so (well, except ikawolf). He also proposed a sprityo CFD yesterday, which isn't great. Putting him the slightest shade of green to deter people from lynching him based on yesterday because basically your case sucks and mine rules. :keys:

Dom - Pepper-posting Dom is not abnormal. But I also couldn't remember anything he's said without checking his ISO and none of it makes me feel strongly one way or another. Withholding judgment.
Marmot - He's here but... Nothing to say.
DFaraday - Nothing to say.
DrWilgy - Nothing to say.
Simon - Nothing to say.
Soneji - Nothing to say.

Long Con - see Kylemii.
Turnip Head - He kept suggesting a nova wagon yesterday but there's nothing to suggest he really meant it. He called nova and Luna w/w but thought it best to lynch nova first despite all the Luna traction. Meh.

Jack - Only real beef is the vote switch at EoD1 which he's explained well enough. I haven't completely dropped it but I don't think it's worth pressing either. He was cryptic about his reasons for town reading me though which is a treat
K-Ness - He's having trouble integrating himself. Not super unexpected coming from another site but it's now Day 4 and I have absolutely no idea what he's up to besides pointing out a few pings.
nova - Hated his Day 1 vote and have yet to see anything from him I like.
Bullzeye - Found something disingenuous about his push on Sloonei for his post about why Mac was killed. His argument was that mafia are NKing town leaders, when Sloonei himself is a town leader. Mac could very well have been killed with it's implications for Sloonei being a town birds one stone deal and Bullzeye may be ignoring this.
speedchuck - Here because of Luna interactions. Strongly think Luna was defending him on Day 1 without any substance. He's either a teammate or a poor victim of Luna buddying. I haven't seen his interactions with her yet though.
On one hand I'm like "What the hell, I get lumped with Kylemii and yet he's green while I'm some orange-brick??" then another part of me says "Wow, entitled much? You've been green on 99% of peoples' lists so far dude. F off." and then a tentacle demon who lives in my soul says "Let's form our own Indy team and decide on a personal Win Condition" but all in all, thanks for the suspicion, Quin. Really, I'd much rather have suspicion than all this agreement that I'm Civ. Come on people, it's Long Con, he loves to trick everyone all the time! I can't wait to see the look on your faces... I wish. I wish I could bottle and store this next time I'm bad. :srsnod:

[mention]nutella[/mention] the site is down right now; sorry you couldn't use the puke Smiley. My host shut down, and I procrastinated past the deadline. Now I have to get a new host and get it back online.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 338
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

rip nutella

mega man mafia fanfiction incoming

[mention]Turnip Head[/mention]
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Long Con »

So, looking through sprityo's ISO, he's being ridiculously friendly, and really sticking to the schtick so far. I don't like it, it might be designed to disarm us and view him as a friend. Is that far-fetched?
sprityo wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:56 pm Friend sloonei, I want to believe in you, but im also having a hard time understanding how you go from defending yourself, to ISO walls, to text walls defending yourself again. The ISOs just cluttered my head trying to read through and I didnt necessarily see any congruent pattern/reason to them. But it looks like your hard work has paid off, your persistence on the truth has prevailed! It would appear though that the three voting you havent returned/wont return. I should see why theyre voting you, although i remember you saying yourself "nutella has provided why shes voting me" or something close to that. People are also talking about Eloh being suspicious but i cant recall anything shes said to be present really! Can someone just point to me exactly the post where Eloh is looking bad?
Just, this whole post... what the hell even is it? Read it through, and decide how much says absolutely nothing. And, for a single paragraph, it really jumps around in context, despite the confusing "But it looks like your hard work has paid off, your persistence on the truth has prevailed!" Like, is this a joke that I just am not getting?
sprityo wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:59 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:56 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:19 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:05 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:42 pm I assumed Mac was just doing his usual antagonistic thing with me at first but now he seems to be sincerely riding the "everything Sloonei does is bad" train, I assume because it worked in Greece. But here it's all just fart butter and I wouldn't care about it one bit if it wasn't directed at me.

I'd prefer not to spend the rest of the phase defending myself though. Haters can hate. I'm a player, and players play.
There are several other people suspicious of you. You have been suspicious. Fart butter is a better description of your play than mine.
I refer only to your suspicion as fart butter. I’m not sure what its origins are or even what the main points are. You’ve just been highlighting posts of mine and saying “bad” because that worked in Ancient Greece. Nutella substantiated her read. LC did as well, even though I think part of that is a misunderstanding. Colin is bad. Jack’s a wildcard. You’re jusr dragging suspicion out of everything I say and it’s exhausting to try to address that at every point.

I stopped my analysis because i’m in school now and I have work to do and should also probably go to sleep at some point.
Nutella and LC substantiated their reads?

How much substantiation does a day 1 case require to not be fart butter?

Let's talk about Colin more because I agree with you.
Correction! mac has agreed with sloonei about colin and also has voiced a suspicion of eloh. although he just hasnt changed his vote either. how odd :shrug2:
This one gives me suspicious feelings. I feel like he should be whistling innocently at the end.
sprityo wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:46 pm
Dom wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:42 pm k
i also don't like eloh this game rn
you'll be in agreement with others once youre caught up! :clap:
Uncomfortable push of the Elohcin wagon. I just don't like it.
sprityo wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:05 pm
Elohcin wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:23 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:54 am
Long Con wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:52 am So, what are we dealing with here? Closed setup, and we don't even know which roles are on the bad team.

So, what is the method of catching someone on Day 1? Ask questions and hope someone slips up?
Create a whirlwind of a thread by facilitating maximal activity. Ask questions, make comments, and hurl accusations at every opportunity. The thread needs to be a pressured and even stressful environment.

I ain’t got no time fo’ dat today so y’all get busy.
So in other words, "y'all get started and get the dirty work done and I will come back in here before the vote and make my assessment on which bandwagon I should jump on." Sounds bad to me. My first accusation is on YOU. Not only just this post. But, this post was given at12:54am. You then go on posting frequently until 3:08am. That is over 2 hours. And you have no time to ask questions, make comments, hurl accusations? There was no opportunity for that? Then you must have slept or something because you came back in the early pm posting exactly 9 hours later. At 1:48pm you talk about what you will do once you feel like actually playing the game. Again, you post frequently for 1 hour (1:48pm-2:42pm) not really saying anything. I do NOT like Jay in Mega-Man, I do not like him, Sam-I-Am.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

@Jack - I always post early on and often. I just don't often say much game related crap because I am too busy trying to keep up with the reading in the little bit of time I have to devote to mafia.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
out of 7 posts this must be the one! :yay: I will say it looks forced, yes. nothing about this seems to flow smoothly.

Too many words. That is how i would see it. It looks suspicious yes, but eloh has now dropped off the radar. Do you interpret that as intentional or not?
These reasons are so subjective and weak. And finishing with the leading question... just ugly. I'm done, and I'm voting sprityo. [VOTE: sprityo] aubergine
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Chapter 0: Strange Days at Robot Master High
it was lunch time at robot masters community college kylebot was sitting in his usual spot, in the corner, with his best friends Megatron and uh...... maybe R2D2 or something.

"man I can't believe lunabot from robot math class got reprogrammed by that old guy from back to the future to be evil, that's crazy" Kyle said, while sipping on some robot milk

"yeah but that's just how shit is sometimes, I've experienced such things before, leading the autobots, there's always some evil robot stuff happening" said megatron

"yeah, its fucked up. what kind of school is this?" asked Kyle

"It's a robot school, for robots" responded cybertron, in accordance with his normal programming

"neat, so how many other reprogrammed robots do you think there are, and how hard do you think it would be to kiss one?" Kylemii asked

"we'll, probably like 4 i guess? cus 5 is a nice number and also cus, in the context of this fanfiction canon it would be difficult to explain why doctor wiley wouldn't just like... use his robot beam to control everyone, maybe his batteries ran out or something? idk. also hey what was that last part?" megatron responded

"do you think it would be hard to kill one? i said kill, definitely kill" kyle clarified "i want to do murders, it would be weird to want to kiss a robot, who would want that? haha, gross."

"brrrreeeweeeep ;^)" said r2d2

";^)" said kylebot

"oh okay well we can definitely do that, the best way rn, i think is to probably check out each player in our roboclass and figure out which ones might have acted strangely around lunabot. since her teammates might have moved to try and save her, or some of them might have done the opposite and tried to throw her under the bus, in order to seem like they're not vampires" exposited inspector gadget "or some people might have just been weird about the Luna train in general, there's plenty of things to look for"

"alright, that sounds reasonable and scientific, so who should we look at first?" asked Kyle

"SKREEEEEeeeeebop!" announced R2D2 in excitemtn

"haha yea" responded Kyle
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

*cries softly* thanks Kyle, that was super-awesome.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Chapter 1: Like a Bull-zeye in Shop Class B)
"gotta go, bye guys" said megatron, and also cybertron, who was a separate one of kyle's friends and not just a typo, "i gotta go, i really donked up, i forgot that i'm actually in the uh.... fuckin decepticon's i guess, and they're gonna be mad if they know i'm missing decepticon club, it was my mistake, in character, not the author's, so don't worry about it, anyways gotta go!" they both said in unison

"haha, okay sure" inspector gadget said "anyways first up is bullzbot."

"ssssssSSSSSSHHHHHHHhhhhhKKKKKKKkkkkkkkk" said r2d2

kyle responded, "nullz and lunalee had a handful of interactions including early on, mostly negative ones. if they are teammates then they would have had to decide on a distancing strategy pretty early, but without actually committing to it in the same way... like... okay, from luna's perspective we see luna make note of something she said she thought bullz did that was weird, then she doesn't mention it again until her comment gets commented on by dizzbot. it seems like a weak read that she just threw out to gain participation points, bullz throws out a 'no u' on that, and points out that luna's criticism was generic and basically meaningless"

"brrrrubupbpupbupbupbop?" beeboopped r2d2

"yeah. so then nothing really develops for a while, bullzeye talks about other stuff, about 5 hours before the deadline, bullz brings up another post from luna that he finds weird, and votes for her about 2 hours later. at the time of his vote, sloonei was leading in the poll."

"so what's that mean?" asked Scooby Doo, "what's the verdict, friendo?"

"hmm.... i think... i don't think it's impossible for these two to be teammates, but if they are teammates, then they adopted a distancing strategy very early on, but specifically one where they weren't on the same page. luna threw some weak garbage at bullz, and then bullz parried it with a cool rapier or something and then luna just kinda shrugged instead of responding and resolving the distancing in any meaningful way, just pointing at bullz and saying 'psshhht maybe this guy is a liar?"

"so?" asked scobey

"i guess overall i'd say.... i can see it, but i don't think there's enough there to bring out the pitchforks yet, i do also think as far as bullzeye goes, it would be useful to check out his history in terms of whether or not he was telling the truth about never bussing his teammates, as well as reviewing the events in real time to figure out at what point in time lunabot's co-badbots might have decided that bussing her was the right choice."

"byyyyarp!" shouted r2d2
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Charpter 2: Every DFaradog Has His DFaraday
kyle glanced down the list that he'd been writing this whole time, it wasm't mentioned before cus it wasn't relevant, but it was there so don't say this is a plot hole, okay? kyle looekd down at the list and saw DFaraday's name

"i didn't know this guy was even in our class" he said

"yeah, he just kinda shows up for attendance and vanished. aw geez, cutting class is really lame. don't ever do drugs. i'm Sonic the Hedgehog!" said Sonic the Hedgehog

"hi, sonic the hedgehog, and you're right. there's not really much here, to talk about. DFaraday doesn't mention Lunalee at all, and Lunalee's only mention of DFaraday is when she asks sloonei why he included dfaraday in his rainbow list. there's really just.... nothing here."

"aw beans, this chapter is going to end up really short and disappointing, also, you forgot to include any teferences to robot things in this one. we didn't even talk about one robot thing here" said sonic

kylemiibot sighed, staring at his robot meatloaf "that;s just how it is sometimes, when you're fighting for robot justice" he said, turning towards the sunset but in a cool way

"yeah" said r2d2
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Chaper 3: I Don't Have a Good Pun for Dom's Chapter and I'm Getting Tired

[spoilers]"alright so dom and lunalee don't talk to each other or about each other this is just.... like the last one,,, there's nothing here," said kyle "maybe starting these alphabetically was a bad idea"

"yeah maybe" said sonic the hedgehog "let's just cut this one short and move on, i'm gonna go grab a corn dog, which is my favorite snack, cus i'm sonic the hedgehog. be right back"

"mrrrrrrrrrrrrrppp" said r2d2[/spoilers]
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

aw fuck

Return to “Previous Jobs”