69%

Total votes: 13
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 503
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Day 7]

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:03 am Yeah, but you're not robots. You don't have to do the same thing every time.

This idea of "who would kill the active players?" has certainly been a subtheme. I'm not entirely sure who has pushed this angle the most, but I tried searching the thread for "active", and "talkative", and "killing" to find the genesis of the idea, and the earliest mentions of the idea are these:

I don't know how deeply I want to fall into the DH-brewed Kness-Jack team, I'm just saying that the "I wouldn't do that" argument is not convincing to me.
Then what are we even doing, LC?

I’m mister hates silencers. I’m mister kills silent players as mafia. I’m mister lost several recent games as town due to inactive players. I’m certainly not mister bus my teammates.

You’re standing there calling your own case pretty weak and disagreeing with DH, the other active player pushing for my lynch.

What are you doing? And what are you going to do instead?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 414

Post by speedchuck »

Conclusion: All three of the current wagons are compatible with scum to some degree.

Jack's interactions with Marmot, if they are a 'throw under the bus' kind of thing, have him going at Marmot surprisingly hard. Marmot strikes back too. Probably the hardest interactions to reconcile with a scum Jack.

Luna interacts with alien, trying to facilitate some reads from him, then does what could be distancing later.

K-ness is one of those asking 'why' Luna is suspected. She responds to downplay it.

I didn't check DH's interactions with Marmot. I'm pretty sure those interactions are seared into everyone's head by now.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:25 am Conclusion: All three of the current wagons are compatible with scum to some degree.

Jack's interactions with Marmot, if they are a 'throw under the bus' kind of thing, have him going at Marmot surprisingly hard. Marmot strikes back too. Probably the hardest interactions to reconcile with a scum Jack.

Luna interacts with alien, trying to facilitate some reads from him, then does what could be distancing later.

K-ness is one of those asking 'why' Luna is suspected. She responds to downplay it.

I didn't check DH's interactions with Marmot. I'm pretty sure those interactions are seared into everyone's head by now.
Where’s the part where I’m compatible with scum? Is it the part you say is hard to reconcile with me being scum?

Wafflewaffle.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

The fact the Speed is waffling so much and putting in so much work to not come to a conclusion tells me that if Speed is bad, DH or Kness is bad with him. If there were 3 townies, ScumSpeed would just jump on the most easily justifiable wagon.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

And the part where Speed agreed with my points about how I wouldn’t killed silenced players...but then moved to Kness tells me it’s probably DH. But I had a reason to think he wasn’t teamed with DH. I’ll have to go find it and see if it holds up.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:30 am
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:25 am Conclusion: All three of the current wagons are compatible with scum to some degree.

Where’s the part where I’m compatible with scum? Is it the part you say is hard to reconcile with me being scum?

Wafflewaffle.
TECHNICALLY compatible TO SOME DEGREE and likely are two different things.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 466

Post by DharmaHelper »

Why do I have 4 votes now.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

:shrug:

[VOTE: DharmaHelper] aubergine

I don't have a team, Jack. Just putting up reference material.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

That's a pretty funny linki.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Day 1]

Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:49 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:19 pm Long Con's posts strike me weird. He apparently didn't read the rules or his role pm, and instead askes all game-mechanic questions in thread. Concerning the mafia recruitment aspect, he asks: It's still up for grabs?
Then posts a bunch of questions on how to approach this game: What are we dealing with here? How do we even mafia in this game?
Then asks, "have recruitment decisions been made?"
But then suddenly understands everything well enough to place a vote on speedchuck based on his game mechanic questions.

I don't view Long Con as being an ignorant player, which is why all his questions confuse me. Is he bad and trying to look like an ignorant townie? Or is he really that bad at reading the rules? I would be okay with voting Long Con today.
This post ignores any possible subtlety and other motivations for question-asking, and leaps straight to "false ignorance or genuine ignorance, either way I'll vote for him". The goal is more to create a weird, confusing target than anything else. Not a good look.
Lunalee wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:32 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:28 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:21 pm Also, lynching speedchuck on day one is just straight up lazy. Come on people, we can do better than that.
I agree that things ought to be shaken up. Let's see where your Long Con thing takes us.
[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine
I thought you promised to vote for me today. :p
Sloonei/Luna w/w just struck me here. Friendly non-distancing distancing.
Lunalee wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:05 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:55 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:30 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:19 pm Long Con's posts strike me weird. He apparently didn't read the rules or his role pm, and instead askes all game-mechanic questions in thread. Concerning the mafia recruitment aspect, he asks: It's still up for grabs?
Then posts a bunch of questions on how to approach this game: What are we dealing with here? How do we even mafia in this game?
Then asks, "have recruitment decisions been made?"
But then suddenly understands everything well enough to place a vote on speedchuck based on his game mechanic questions.

I don't view Long Con as being an ignorant player, which is why all his questions confuse me. Is he bad and trying to look like an ignorant townie? Or is he really that bad at reading the rules? I would be okay with voting Long Con today.
I'm voting for Long Con in hopes that we can generate discussion about this post. This does reflect a pattern in Long Con's posts where he starts off in apparent ignorance of the game mechanics and then works his way up. It's possible he was just getting a feel for things and now he understands what was happening. Or something else. Let's talk about it.
This is sketchy, and a stretch, on the reread. It's a sktretch.

It's more wishy-washy and noncommittal than water. Are you trying to be Switzerland here? Are you trying to catch baddies or be Involved In A Discussion? You cast a vote, which I can only assume is supposed to look like pressure, and then you proceed to post with as little pressure as possible on me.

And, I just have to focus on this sexy piece of blather: "This does reflect a pattern in Long Con's posts where he starts off in apparent ignorance of the game mechanics and then works his way up." Disappointed us when it wasn't a revelation-filled-look-at-past-games kind of pattern, but just you saying you see some pattern in the four posts Luna quoted. I can look at the horse picture behind my monitors and see, in the horse group, black-black-white-black-black-black-white, and yeah that's a possible pattern, and no it doesn't mean anything. PLUS, now it's maybe-suspicious in your world to move from ignorance to understanding as time progresses? Or are you Billy Pilgrim, displaced in time and confused about how I could have understanding at one point in time, and also have ignorance at another? We live in a linear world, buddy. Also, I was never ignorant of the answers to my questions, just to reiterate.
So you claim you were attempting to set scum traps with your questions? Or just get discussion flowing? If the latter, I would rather have discussions about players and their posts and reads, than game mechanics. Discussing mechanics is always a good distraction from the more important discussions at hand.
Shallow inquisition and platitudes, still unimpressed.
Lunalee wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:23 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:28 pm Eloh thinks i’m good and bad at the same time
Sounds like a very townie mindset. Eloh I mean.
Defending the Civ who is most under fire is a good look... to invent for yourself.
Lunalee wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:55 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:39 am
Let’s just sort some shit.

Bullzeye - Bad vibes but he appears to be trying the correct townie amount to make things happen if that makes sense. I suspect this is a stylistic clash but it’s hard to tell having not played with him before. Slight townlean. Merits ISO.

ColinIsCool - Destroyed Night 1. 50% chance killed by the mafia. Suspected Sloonei in a way that gained him some flack so possible vig hit as well. (Dare I consider a sker on the Syndicate?) Slight scumlean but probably consensus town.

DFaraday - Null. Come on, DF.

Dom - Null. Come on, Dom.

DrWilgy - Null. Come on, Doc.

Infected_alien8_ - Bad vibes. Kinda ignored them cause he’s new to me. Scumlean. Merits ISO.

JaggedJimmyJay - Destroyed Night 1. 50% chance of being the mafia hit. Acting different from normal so there’s a chance he was a vig hit. Few players flat out said Jay was bad, though. Townread.

K-Ness - Need more. Slight townlean.

Kylemii - Null. Come on, Kyle.

Long Con - Feels right. I sense town effort, not scum agenda. Townread.

Lunalee - Her willingness to defend her hubby who is statistically unlikely to be her scum partner feels town motivated but I still need more from her. Townlean.

MacDougall - Initially felt very town for mindmeld and aggression but I’m wavering a bit. Townlean.

Marmot - Null. Come on, Marmot.

novaselinenever - Townlean. Votes poured in on him too quickly and his reaction seemed genuine.

nutella - Townlean. Very loose. A bit swingy but that’s Nutella sometimes.

Quin - Townread. It’s a secret why. :D

Simon - Null. Come on, Simon. Likely not w/w with Sloonei.

Sloonei - I’ve gone back and forth. Overall, there’s not much in the way of red flags but I consider myself pretty bad at reading Sloonei. I think I may have identified a scumSloonei tendency but I’m keeping it in my back pocket. Slight townlean.

speedchuck - Null. Hasn’t really said much besides naysaying some shit. Come on, Speed.

Soneji - Null. Come on, Soneji.

sprityo - Townlean. It’s a secret from everyone.

Turnip Head - Scumlean. I don’t see the town/neutral TH I’m used to seeing. For someone so excited about this game, he hasn’t been very present.

White - Null. Has this slot posted?

So I’d probably shoot an inactive if it were up to me.
Nice analysis Jack. I would bet there's at least one mafia among the low/lazy-posters. We should look into DFaraday, Dom, Dr. Wilgy, Alien, K-Ness, Kylemii, Marmot, Simon, Speedchuck, Soneji, and sprityo.

(ignoring White for now. they aren't even playing)

That is sort of a long list, but I think it's a good place to start. I'll add my own analyses later.
Low Player Salad, not the worst case of Salad I have seen, but excessive. Speedchuck was low/lazy? :ponder:

... Luna's last analysis post is good follow-up at least. Some suspicion, I'll follow that vote. [VOTE: Lunalee] aubergine
LC is the second player to vote for and the first person to case Luna. Very good look. I’ll probably assume LC is not mafia based on this for awhile.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

OK. Move your vote off me please.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:36 am That's a pretty funny linki.
:doh:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Jack is voting for me because I suspect Knees
Knees is voting for me because Jack is
Nova is voting for me because Jack is
Speed is voting for me to prove he's not on a team

OK NVM Earlier when I said it was hard for me to understand how you guys could be so good at mislynches, I get it now.

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:38 am OK. Move your vote off me please.
Where to?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:41 am Jack is voting for me because I suspect Knees

OK NVM Earlier when I said it was hard for me to understand how you guys could be so good at mislynches, I get it now.
No, I'm voting for you because Jack is.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:42 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:38 am OK. Move your vote off me please.
Where to?
Anyone who isn't me? IDK fam. People are gonna yell at me for coming at you because you voted for me but tbh if anyone says your vote is defensible I've got a bridge to sell 'em.

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Is my vote bad because I'm distancing from scum, or because I'm pushing things into a mislynch?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Night 6]

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:10 pm Also note "I don't see the light of a townie in you at all" = Very direct, no room for wiggles.

"I *CAN EASILY* see the darkness of a *POTENTIAL* goon" = "Please don't be mad at me and my mafia teammate Knees if we lynch DH and he flips civ lololol we didn't mean it"
TFW nobody wants to talk about the most damning piece of evidence against Jack that proves he's hedging for when I flip civ :/

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:46 am Is my vote bad because I'm distancing from scum, or because I'm pushing things into a mislynch?
I have no reason to think you're bad. You are making a lazy vote that contradicts your earlier reads of me and you are pushing things into a mislynch.

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:47 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:10 pm Also note "I don't see the light of a townie in you at all" = Very direct, no room for wiggles.

"I *CAN EASILY* see the darkness of a *POTENTIAL* goon" = "Please don't be mad at me and my mafia teammate Knees if we lynch DH and he flips civ lololol we didn't mean it"
TFW nobody wants to talk about the most damning piece of evidence against Jack that proves he's hedging for when I flip civ :/
Yeah, I read that earlier. But what about all the towny things Jack has done? What about the Marmot lynch? What about his meta?
One hedging statement and that all falls apart?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:33 pm I could buy that Marmot and Luna controlled the kill N1. Most of the rest were inactives. DH came in to save ruin the day as another mafia bro.

Add in Wil(g)y and DF, call it a day.

That's a proposed scumteam I would buy.
But I like DH.
And if you think there was no lead up to my vote, perhaps you could look at my ISO.

Nightkill analysis.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:42 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:41 am Jack is voting for me because I suspect Knees

No, I'm voting for you because Jack is.
:haha:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Addressed this at least 3 times.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:50 am

Yeah, I read that earlier. But what about all the towny things Jack has done? What about the Marmot lynch? What about his meta?
One hedging statement and that all falls apart?
What about the Marmot lynch? What about all the townie things Jack has done? Pls explain.

As to his "meta", I assume you mean his very sincere "Hey wink wink guys wink if me and Knees were bad wink wink wink wink we would not kill active players wink wink wink." Which I guess is fine. That's perfectly fine and cool if you believe that he would do that every single game he ever plays. And that he wouldn't.....change....his MO....to cover his ass in meta.... if he ever took heat....

Also its not just the hedging that makes him suspicious. Its documented that He and knees have been bouncing suspicions off each other but as soon as I go at knees they're thick as thieves now? What about LC's post? What about Jack recinding his town-read on me within two posts? What about my post that shows Knees consistently "suspecting" Jack and then GTHing him as "town"

you guys with your GTHs and meta and shit that's supposed to be significant and then when I indulge you, its like, ignored? IDK.

IDK Man you vote how you want.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:56 am

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 432
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Okay I officially have no idea what's happening right now but let's please get this lynch right
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I can easily see the darkness of a potential goon

What is a "Potential Goon"

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:57 am

See, this doesn’t actually address what I said which is a lot of the reason you’re in the situation you’re in.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:57 am As to his "meta", I assume you mean his very sincere "Hey wink wink guys wink if me and Knees were bad wink wink wink wink we would not kill active players wink wink wink." Which I guess is fine. That's perfectly fine and cool if you believe that he would do that every single game he ever plays. And that he wouldn't.....change....his MO....to cover his ass in meta.... if he ever took heat....
You can ignore calls to meta if you want. But I like using them because past experience says they can (in certain circumstances) be trusted.

JJJ was killed on night one. NIGHT ONE. There was no ass-covering going on there, Jack had no suspicion on him. Whoever controlled that kill decided to take down one of the bigger voices in the thread. Jack isn't the type to do that. Is he the type to let everyone else control the nightkill? :shrug2: I could see Luna or Marmot taking JJJ down.
What about bussing? Jack was one of the main drivers of the Marmot lynch.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:00 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:57 am

See, this doesn’t actually address what I said which is a lot of the reason you’re in the situation you’re in.
What am I supposed to address. Am I supposed to convince you to vote for yourself my guy?

You were hedging when you said "I *can easily*" (NOT "I do") see the darkness of a "POTENTIAL"(odd qualifier?) goon.

1. Potential Goon's dont exist
2. "I can easily" is hedgepeak for "Wow all the evidence was there fuckin' bummer we lynched DharmaHelper the Civ that sucks. I couldn't see him as civ but I guess I was wrong."

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:02 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:57 am As to his "meta", I assume you mean his very sincere "Hey wink wink guys wink if me and Knees were bad wink wink wink wink we would not kill active players wink wink wink." Which I guess is fine. That's perfectly fine and cool if you believe that he would do that every single game he ever plays. And that he wouldn't.....change....his MO....to cover his ass in meta.... if he ever took heat....
You can ignore calls to meta if you want. But I like using them because past experience says they can (in certain circumstances) be trusted.

JJJ was killed on night one. NIGHT ONE. There was no ass-covering going on there, Jack had no suspicion on him. Whoever controlled that kill decided to take down one of the bigger voices in the thread. Jack isn't the type to do that. Is he the type to let everyone else control the nightkill? :shrug2: I could see Luna or Marmot taking JJJ down.
When you say "he doesn't do that" is what you mean "He hasn't done that yet"?

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

As to the Marmot bussing thing, If Jack was the main pusher of a Marmot suspicion the first time that's worth me looking at I guess. Marmot on the whole would be a pretty easy teammate to bus though. Probably the easiest.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Jack could you please remind me why you've cleared KNess?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Like schrodingers goon. Both goon and not goon til we lynch you.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:07 am Like schrodingers goon. Both goon and not goon til we lynch you.
"WHY WONT YOU ADDRESS MY POINTS DH! VERY SUSPICIOUS HUH GUYS?! LETS LYNCH HIM FOR NOT ADDRESSING MEEEEEEEEEEEE"

"Hey uh Jack, here's me addressing you fam"

"LOL FART NOISE"

ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 18

Post by DrWilgy »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:51 am We can also just lynch Wilgy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bring it. Bet u won't.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

[mention]speedchuck[/mention] When you say Jack was one of the main drivers behind a marmot lynch do you mean the one that Cut Man saved Marmot from?

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:06 am

Do you look at people you know and think, "Well they haven't murdered anyone yet. But every one of them is totally capable."

Totally outlandish comparison, yes. But if JackofHearts doesn't just spam-kill high posters in games with lurkers and no-shows, it's not because of a manufactured meta that he uses to win games. The reason to leave people like JJJ and Macdougall alive is because it's a better game with them than with a single-post Soneji and an absent DF.
I daresay it's an ethical conviction, to care about the quality of a game as much as the win. Ethics are not so easily changed, and if they WERE changed in order to ass-cover, it wouldn't be on nights one and two, when there was no suspicion to cover from.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:07 am Jack could you please remind me why you've cleared KNess?
Cleared would be putting it strongly.

I don’t think Kness is buddies with DH or LC (but now I think LC is town) and prooooobanly not with Speed. I tend to think he isn’t a goon with inactives because of the nightkills but I could maybe see him shooting Quin and Sprityo (and not LC) if he’s alone (at the time of those kills anyway).

The biggest Kness suspicion is leveled at a team of Kness/Jack, which I know isn’t true. I haven’t heard any other lines of inquiry that strike me as worth pursuing. Like his treatment of me is a bit waffley. I’d kinda expect him to townread me by now.

Also, if we lynch Kness, I don’t have anywhere to go regardless of his flip. I’d clear possibly DH if Kness is bad. I’d have nothing new at all if he flips good.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:11 am speedchuck When you say Jack was one of the main drivers behind a marmot lynch do you mean the one that Cut Man saved Marmot from?
It was Gemini man, wasn't it? Cut man can only self-target. (Unless I misread the OP)

Jack's push on Marmot is a good thing to look at, though. I'll refresh myself on it.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:14 am

Do you look at people you know and think, "Well they haven't murdered anyone yet. But every one of them is totally capable."

Totally outlandish comparison, yes. But if JackofHearts doesn't just spam-kill high posters in games with lurkers and no-shows, it's not because of a manufactured meta that he uses to win games. The reason to leave people like JJJ and Macdougall alive is because it's a better game with them than with a single-post Soneji and an absent DF.
I daresay it's an ethical conviction, to care about the quality of a game as much as the win. Ethics are not so easily changed, and if they WERE changed in order to ass-cover, it wouldn't be on nights one and two, when there was no suspicion to cover from.
OK but how alibis work is you set them up before you need them.

And also, Not entirely out of the question that he didn't pick or execute the kills himself? IDK man, thats a lot of trust to put into meta. Trust that a smart player would exploit at some point.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:16 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:11 am speedchuck When you say Jack was one of the main drivers behind a marmot lynch do you mean the one that Cut Man saved Marmot from?
It was Gemini man, wasn't it? Cut man can only self-target. (Unless I misread the OP)

Jack's push on Marmot is a good thing to look at, though. I'll refresh myself on it.
Gemini Man, yes.

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

[mention]Dyslexicon[/mention] [mention]Turnip Head[/mention]

Please expound on your K-ness votes if you really want him lynched.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:09 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:07 am Like schrodingers goon. Both goon and not goon til we lynch you.
"WHY WONT YOU ADDRESS MY POINTS DH! VERY SUSPICIOUS HUH GUYS?! LETS LYNCH HIM FOR NOT ADDRESSING MEEEEEEEEEEEE"

"Hey uh Jack, here's me addressing you fam"

"LOL FART NOISE"
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:16 am
speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:14 am

OK but how alibis work is you set them up before you need them.

And also, Not entirely out of the question that he didn't pick or execute the kills himself? IDK man, thats a lot of trust to put into meta. Trust that a smart player would exploit at some point.
Awwwww. You think I’m smart. :hug:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DharmaHelper wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:16 am OK but how alibis work is you set them up before you need them.

I happen to think of this as more of an ethical thing. It's not just a quirk or mindset decision. If JoH is against killing high posters early, there's some care that goes into that. Character, integrity. I don't think of it as just an alibi.

I did, however, mention the second as a possibility. I'm like that. I personally wouldn't kill high posters early. But I've been on scumteams that have made decision like that. I don't get in chatzy much, and I like to just stay out of things.
It's a possibility. In which case it would be extremely nasty of Jack to use the meta argument, but nevertheless.

I'll look at the Marmot lynch after I get something to eat.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:17 am @Dyslexicon @Turnip Head

Right now, at this precise moment in time, I'd prefer to lynch him over Jack or DH
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:23 am

Right now, at this precise moment in time, I'd prefer to lynch him over Jack or DH
Why?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

What's the over/under on if Wilgy will follow me onto Knees?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:24 am
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:23 am

Why?
This post with some hindsight makes Marmot/Luna/KNess look compatible to me.

Return to “Previous Jobs”