69%

Total votes: 13
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Day 8]

Post by Long Con »

Yeah, Jack makes a good case on Speedchuck, I guess.

RIP Diz. I thought it would be Jack or me that bit the big one, because I'm universally town-read and he's really town-read as well, but he's also way more active and engaged than I am. Is it supposed to mean something? Like, didn't want to kill Jack and make him a martyr in Speedchuck's lynch (speedchuck bad)... or perhaps the baddies want him to continue down the wrong road (speedchuck good)? Or is Jack bad and fooled everyone with his handy-dandy two Proofs of Civness? I dunno.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 466

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:49 pm Yeah, Jack makes a good case on Speedchuck, I guess.

RIP Diz. I thought it would be Jack or me that bit the big one, because I'm universally town-read and he's really town-read as well, but he's also way more active and engaged than I am. Is it supposed to mean something? Like, didn't want to kill Jack and make him a martyr in Speedchuck's lynch (speedchuck bad)... or perhaps the baddies want him to continue down the wrong road (speedchuck good)? Or is Jack bad and fooled everyone with his handy-dandy two Proofs of Civness? I dunno.
What makes LC universally town read?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 432
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I dunno... I should probably revoke all my town reads and start from scratch
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:49 pm Yeah, Jack makes a good case on Speedchuck, I guess.

Which do you think most likely? Presenting all the options out like this gives the smell of waiting to see which way the wind blows before tossing your hat in the ring.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:53 pm

What makes LC universally town read?
Apparently I've played an exceptionally townish game. People have been townreading me from the get-go, and I've had to deal with virtually no suspicion. I don't know what makes it so. That's up to everyone except me. My dealings with Luna have been referenced. I think I had a minor townslip earlier. :shrug2:
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:07 pm

Which do you think most likely? Presenting all the options out like this gives the smell of waiting to see which way the wind blows before tossing your hat in the ring.
You could look at it that way. That's not what was on my mind when I made the post, I was just voicing my actual thoughts. Dizzy isn't the most unusual kill, I just expected it to be me (due to mucho townread) or Jack because he's also very town-read and due to the tendency to nightkill active solvers.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Eeeeeeeeeeerrrhmmmmmmm LC for ProtoMang?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:41 pm Eeeeeeeeeeerrrhmmmmmmm LC for ProtoMang?
I don't really see the logic there.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 503
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Says the guy who has been reevaluating for a day without the slightest hint of progress.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:54 pm

Says the guy who has been reevaluating for a day without the slightest hint of progress.
I haven't been re-evaluating for any period of time. I'm going to be, once I'm good and ready to.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Dyslexicon »

Byeeeee! :beer:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

hehe look at you nerds still playing this game XD this game is so last month :ninja:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 323
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Please Rez me, I’m begging you
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Long Con »

I'm looking over Kyle and I'm into Day 3 without seeing anything that looks convincingly Civ. So far, he asks questions, but is really light on opinions.

I reached this post:
Kylemii wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:43 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:54 am My reads, from towniest to scummiest

Kylemii - my top civ read which means he's bad
why x2
I can't fathom how Kyle could possibly be TH's top Civ read. And I didn't see TH respond to Kyle's question here. If I based everything on this post, then I'd vote Turnip Head easily, because this post makes no sense to me at all.

During Day 3, Kyle gives a reasoned, meta-supported explanation of why Turnip Head's behaviour is Civ. He also calls the case on Civ-Sloonei "weird garbage".

He votes Lunalee with virtually no personal discussion of her at all. Looks like the fourth vote for her? Next post is "tie meta" so I take it he tied it up at 4-4, and the end result was 9-5 Luna-Sloonei. "also i trust her voters a lot more than i trust sloonei's, and the case makes more sense"

Dyslexicon questioned Kyle's "Why am I green on your list" style questions, and Kyle's answer makes me suspicious... why? It's too slick maybe.

nutella, in what I believe was her final day:
Kylemii wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:13 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:44 pmActually I haven't mentioned this yet because I otherwise townread him but the other person who looked bus-ish was Kyle. His reasons are his "tie meta" (a real thing to be fair) and "also i trust her voters a lot more than i trust sloonei's, and the case makes more sense" which sounded just a little fake to me somehow. it looked like a decision that he didn't really back up with anything and this is what he came up with. Idk, I guess it could be consistent with town kyle to just state that he agrees with whatever case more in order to pick a candidate in time after doing his reading/weighing/reasoning, but it also struck me as the kind of thing a bussing teammate would say.
I said "tie meta" as a joke. that wasn't actually an example of tie-meta, outside of the fact that my vote created a tie. the purpose of tie meta is to put two equally suspicious characters in jeopardy in the final moments forcing the mafia to scramble or else leave the results in the hands of the gods in a scenario where i don't feel like i can make a decision more effectively than the um.... the aforementioned gods. my vote for Luna was more about moving sloonei out of a lead that i didn't feel was justified than about creating a lasting tie.
I don't like it.

All right, I got up to the fanfiction stuff, and I have to go to bed. I'll try to find time to continue this, but have a look for yourselves. Maybe it gets better from that point on, with more opinions and evidence of any real analysis. So far, I'm suspicious of Kyle.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Game-relevant points from the Robot High Fan Fiction series:
[*]Bullzeye and Luna had negative interactions
[*]DFaraday is a no-show
[*]Dom is too
[*]Wilgy is too

Despite the entertainment value of the Fanfictions, they say basically nothing. Not a good look.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

• Bullzeye and Luna had negative interactions
  • DFaraday is a no-show
  • Dom is too
  • Wilgy is too

oh i have to use the list tag i see
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:07 am I'm looking over Kyle and I'm into Day 3 without seeing anything that looks convincingly Civ. So far, he asks questions, but is really light on opinions.

I reached this post:
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:54 am My reads, from towniest to scummiest

why x2
I can't fathom how Kyle could possibly be TH's top Civ read. And I didn't see TH respond to Kyle's question here. If I based everything on this post, then I'd vote Turnip Head easily, because this post makes no sense to me at all.
Now now LC, I was clearly hedging with this read! Perhaps my civ-read on bad-Kyle lulled him into complacency, as evidenced by your review of his participation.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Great but we’re still lynching Speedchuck today.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Pretty sure jack is still alive so he can chase chuck around the thread
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 338
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:07 am I'm looking over Kyle and I'm into Day 3 without seeing anything that looks convincingly Civ. So far, he asks questions, but is really light on opinions.

I reached this post:

why x2

During Day 3, Kyle gives a reasoned, meta-supported explanation of why Turnip Head's behaviour is Civ. He also calls the case on Civ-Sloonei "weird garbage".

He votes Lunalee with virtually no personal discussion of her at all. Looks like the fourth vote for her? Next post is "tie meta" so I take it he tied it up at 4-4, and the end result was 9-5 Luna-Sloonei. "also i trust her voters a lot more than i trust sloonei's, and the case makes more sense"

Dyslexicon questioned Kyle's "Why am I green on your list" style questions, and Kyle's answer makes me suspicious... why? It's too slick maybe.

nutella, in what I believe was her final day:
Kylemii wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:13 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:44 pmActually I haven't mentioned this yet because I otherwise townread him but the other person who looked bus-ish was Kyle. His reasons are his "tie meta" (a real thing to be fair) and "also i trust her voters a lot more than i trust sloonei's, and the case makes more sense" which sounded just a little fake to me somehow. it looked like a decision that he didn't really back up with anything and this is what he came up with. Idk, I guess it could be consistent with town kyle to just state that he agrees with whatever case more in order to pick a candidate in time after doing his reading/weighing/reasoning, but it also struck me as the kind of thing a bussing teammate would say.
I said "tie meta" as a joke. that wasn't actually an example of tie-meta, outside of the fact that my vote created a tie. the purpose of tie meta is to put two equally suspicious characters in jeopardy in the final moments forcing the mafia to scramble or else leave the results in the hands of the gods in a scenario where i don't feel like i can make a decision more effectively than the um.... the aforementioned gods. my vote for Luna was more about moving sloonei out of a lead that i didn't feel was justified than about creating a lasting tie.
I don't like it.

All right, I got up to the fanfiction stuff, and I have to go to bed. I'll try to find time to continue this, but have a look for yourselves. Maybe it gets better from that point on, with more opinions and evidence of any real analysis. So far, I'm suspicious of Kyle.
seeming light on opinions is normal for me, I prefer to explore the possibilities as much as possible first before marrying myself to one.

the reason i voted for luna actually had little to do with her and more due to the fact that I didn't like the case against sloonei was very good, and the "tie meta" comment was a joke, as explained previously, that situation wasn't actually an example of tie meta.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 338
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:31 am Game-relevant points from the Robot High Fan Fiction series:
[*]Bullzeye and Luna had negative interactions
[*]DFaraday is a no-show
[*]Dom is too
[*]Wilgy is too

Despite the entertainment value of the Fanfictions, they say basically nothing. Not a good look.
well yeah. 3 of the first 4 players on the list alphabetically were no shows and then i got tired of the format so i stopped using it and started focusing on the most immediately relevant players and events, and doing teammate analysis as it became relevant to lynch vote decisions.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Kyle we had a situation yesterday where you didn't vote and a civ was lynched over DH 5-4. Care to comment?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Oh I see where you addressed it already
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Re: Mega Man Mafia [Day 7]

Post by Turnip Head »

Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:20 pm I'm 2 pages behind, and might not have time to catch up before deadline after work, can someone tell me what the case on kness even is? I think I get the gist of the Dharma Helper stuff
Kylemii wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:02 pm x_x

i was holding my vote off so i could counter gemini man's vote if they showed up, and ended up losing chicken with the countdown clock
idk man... looking through your ISO you express plenty of negative thoughts on DH while simultaneously not seeming to feel the KNess case. So... where were you going to vote?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:13 am Pretty sure jack is still alive so he can chase chuck around the thread
Or so you can say that.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Did anyone read my case?

Any specific comments on it?

When people ignore my cases, it gives me the heebie jeebies.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I think I read it... The main takeaway for me was that you suspect speedchuck and I don't
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Hmmmm TH for Wily?

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Is there a world wherein the team is TH/Speedchuck/Nova/Marmot?

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:11 pm Is there a world wherein the team is TH/Speedchuck/Nova/Marmot?
And Luna, I forgot Luna.

Is that right?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Get outta here with that nonsense scumboi
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:22 pm Get outta here with that nonsense scumboi
You're all on my shit today and yesterday you voted to keep me alive idk man smells like a mafia who knows theres like, two maybe even one mislynch to go before its curtains.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Also TH's interactions with Kyle strike false to me.

"Kyle yesterday a poor innocent townie was lynched 5-4 why didn't you vote to save that poor innocent townie that I voted to lynch"

IDK man. SKetch.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Yeah well yesterday I thought KNess was mafia and now I'm thinking you let me get played by you. Your angle of attack here doesn't look genuine m'boy, you don't actually suspect me.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

DH and Kyle are scum. DH gave Kyle permission to distance from him but in the end they survived Day 7 cuz Kyle didn't vote.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:00 pm I think I read it... The main takeaway for me was that you suspect speedchuck and I don't
Say Speedchuck is mafia and say my case is good. The easiest thing for a mafia member to do is to not address anything about the case specifically but to basically ignore it....like this.

Can you give me any reasons you think Speedchuck is good or anything specific about my case that is unconvincing? I'm 99.9% sure Speedchuck is bad.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:26 pm Yeah well yesterday I thought KNess was mafia and now I'm thinking you let me get played by you. Your angle of attack here doesn't look genuine m'boy, you don't actually suspect me.
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:06 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:03 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:01 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:15 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:53 am
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:50 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:38 am
Why?
I don't like his reaction to suspicions and his attitude. A lot of deflection and brushing off hidden behind cheeky comments and one liners. Not really giving me the same Town DH vibes in the firefly game. Feels like he's trying to replicate that "cool" attitude but he's coming off forced, and aggressive in a bad kind of way.
Hmm thats cool that you show up out of the blue ass nowheres to defend ur teammates thats cool.
Do you actually believe that? You're just proving my points so thanks I guess.
What point
What point did you make
Where
I thought the point was reasonably clear.
:mafia: OK but being called fake or that I'm pretending to do stuff or that I don't believe what I say I believe is perhaps my largest and most mortally wounding pet peeve.
TFW ur trying to intentionally goad me.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:24 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:22 pm Get outta here with that nonsense scumboi
You're all on my shit today and yesterday you voted to keep me alive idk man smells like a mafia who knows theres like, two maybe even one mislynch to go before its curtains.
Sounds like Speedchuck, doesn't it?

Tell me what you think about Speedchuck, who we are lynching today because he is mafia.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Jack I'm only ignoring your suspicions in order to pursue my own. You are doing essentially the same thing. We're both town.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:29 pm

Tell me what you think about Speedchuck, who we are lynching today because he is mafia.
I'm working on that right now tbh

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:30 pm Jack I'm only ignoring your suspicions in order to pursue my own. You are doing essentially the same thing. We're both town.
SURVEY SAYS

[X}

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:30 pm Jack I'm only ignoring your suspicions in order to pursue my own. You are doing essentially the same thing. We're both town.
No.

You flat said you don't suspect Speedchuck. I was yelling to lynch DH yesterday and you haven't brought anything new to the table on Kyle. I'm not ignoring your shit.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:30 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:29 pm

I'm working on that right now tbh
That's a brilliant idea.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Mkay so this is me "live reading" the case against chuck and jotting down what I think, I'm not addressing "point by point", I'm addressing what I want to address.

1. First real cognizant point against chuck in this case - Voting for Jack, then backing off and calling Jack "Probably town" when confronted by Jack. That vote and that attitude and those statements ("Probably town" "making waffles") don't strike me as Chuck giving a shit or trying to prevent a mislynch. Endgame attitude?

2. This post that Jack critiques. I agree that it looks weird that Chuck goes "These 3 people have things about them that look bad" and then says "Difficult to see how this thing that Jack did makes him look bad". Feels like he's not making waffles here, he's making soup. Tossing in whatever he can to make himself look engaged. His unwillingness to stick to his guns (Jack's confronting him, him going back and forth between votes as a result) Also strike me as noteworthy.

Where did this vote come from? Nobody gave him a case on Kness. Speed didn't give a reason for wanting to vote Kness. He just floated the idea and switched. What happened to his suspicion of DH? What happened to his trust in Jack? They went up in smoke because all of this is fake, an excuse to vote for a townie.
4. From Jack's case, I don't buy that chuck's Knees vote was genuine. The guy bounced hither and dither and cracked like an egg under any scrutiny.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:33 pm
No.

You flat said you don't suspect Speedchuck. I was yelling to lynch DH yesterday and you haven't brought anything new to the table on Kyle. I'm not ignoring your shit.
Idk what you want me to say then :shrug2: I think DH and Kyle are our baddies and that's what I'm pushing.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:51 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:33 pm
No.

Idk what you want me to say then :shrug2: I think DH and Kyle are our baddies and that's what I'm pushing.
U thought I was civ less than 24 hours ago.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I sure did
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Buyer's regret
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:54 pm Buyer's regret
You have no idea how frustrating it is for me to have to do this two games in a row with you, Yun Qui bastardo.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Anyway there ya go Jackie boi

ImageImage
ImageImage