Moderator: Community Team

poutanko
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 2

Post by poutanko »

...Jesus Image
Spoiler: show
So tell me, where shall I go? To the left, where nothing's right? Or to the right, where nothing's left?
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1042

Post by DharmaHelper »

The part I'm most interested in this picture tell is this part:

"Well that's too bad because I wrapped your knowledge in teeth and fear."

Hagrid is generally friendly, but even in this sense he's like "too bad no can do"

In this picture, Hagrid is acting selfish/not caring about others.

Even though Hagrid as a character is seen as good, that does not account for the picture I'm directing you to, where it seems as though Hagrid is betraying his students.
[mention]nutella[/mention] speaking of "stretching it" do you buy this explanation from Owner?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Unfortunately, I have a family emergency. I ask for a replacement. @Dragon D Luffy @duyna
[mention]Owner Of A Lonely Heart[/mention] hopefully this mention tag works and you see this: My sincerest regards and I hope that you are all OK and good and safe and if not, that you will be in the near future. You've been fun to play with in Firefly and in this game and any hostility that I've shown you I hope you realize is just me playing the game. Much respect to you and yours.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:59 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:06 pm My thoughts on Bullz - I already didn't feel great about his D1 activity and his explanation of it makes me feel worse about it (The game starts D1 fam so play starts D1) that being said The zeroing in on him RE: Nova strikes me as false. I feel like there is an element within that mob that isn't genuine. I'll have to dig into that tomorrow.
I definitely don’t like the Nova vote — I can sorta see a civ making it, but I wish he would tell us who he would rather lynch today.
Yeh I dunno if I buy into the Bullzwagon but the Bullsponse to the Bullspicion was Bulloney.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 377
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:43 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:33 am
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:29 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:27 am
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:22 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:20 am
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:18 am

I'm voting for Quin anyways. How is that prioritizing House Cup points over hunting?
Voting for and trying to lynch are two different issues.
Really? Because I don't vote someone if I'm not trying to lynch them. DH, what's your opinion on Quin?
On the whole I liked his D1 play, having just now read into his D2 stuff, I don't feel great about his JC post which he essentially admitted was trash, and he backed off of it pretty easily/quickly. I don't see anything "bad" from him, though.
Thanks for your input. If you had to point out scum to lynch right now, who's your GTH vote?
I'm moderately pinged by you, but I feel strongly that Owner's obsession w/ me D1 and her squirrely-ness with answering questions are good indications that she's bad. So if this was Outpost mafia and I had the flamethrower, it'd be Extra Crispy time up in here real quick.

That being said I'll have a firmer grasp of the game tomorrow when I do my Re-ISOing, and probably walk away from that with something better than a GTH, or in your case a "moderate ping".
I'm glad this game bases lynches on the majority vote instead of one person with a flamethrower. You and Owner did have a lot of back-and-forth, and I see why you suspect her. But I'm starting to think if she were scum she wouldn't have been so blatant with her accusations of you. Just a though. I feel like scum are mostly laying low right now, and I don't think we're on the right trail.
[mention]Lunalee[/mention] what makes you say you feel the scum are mostly laying low right now? Do you have any specific people in mind? I've read through your posts but didn't find a suspicion that matches that thought unless you are talking about Bullz. But if so, who else?

linki: [mention]Owner of a Lonely Heart[/mention] I's so sorry about your emergency. Please be well.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 377
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

[mention]Lunalee[/mention] I missed that you had voted INH so I guess he is one you think has been laying low, much like I thought.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

[mention]Bullzeye[/mention] your voters before Owner posted her long post: me, MacD, nutella, Jay Image
So tell me, where shall I go? To the left, where nothing's right? Or to the right, where nothing's left?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I missed EOD D1 how much vote switching was there

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 879

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:05 pm

Hagrid is generally friendly, but even in this sense he's like "too bad no can do"

Even though Hagrid as a character is seen as good, that does not account for the picture I'm directing you to, where it seems as though Hagrid is betraying his students.
@nutella speaking of "stretching it" do you buy this explanation from Owner?
Looking at the comic again, sure. It's pretty dark, and kara even implied later (jokingly or seriously I can't say) that they felt it was more about the Monster Book of Monsters than about Hagrid.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:27 pm

Looking at the comic again, sure. It's pretty dark, and kara even implied later (jokingly or seriously I can't say) that they felt it was more about the Monster Book of Monsters than about Hagrid.
I don't care about lynching Owner anymore but you can't sincerely believe this.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:28 pm

Why not? Did you read the comic? It was not at all a positive portrayal. I'm not saying I agree with Owner but I'm just saying that given her explanation of what the picture tell is it could make sense.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:30 pm

Why not? Did you read the comic? It was not at all a positive portrayal. I'm not saying I agree with Owner but I'm just saying that given her explanation of what the picture tell is it could make sense.
I read the comic. I also read Kara's "Oh come on obviously I'm the toothed book in this" post. Neither of which I took seriously.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 261

Post by Quin »

so nutella is bad
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:31 pm

I read the comic. I also read Kara's "Oh come on obviously I'm the toothed book in this" post. Neither of which I took seriously.
Not taking them seriously is fine. I don't think they were meant to be taken seriously. I don't think that matters for Owner's reasoning. I think that the way she has explained the picture tell, it takes into account that the images are generally in jest.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I don't know why we're still talking about this.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 1

Post by nutella »

Let's talk about timmer.
timmer wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:10 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:01 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:24 pm Oh, by the way, I checked Turnip Head and he is bad.

Voting Turnip Head.

:meany:
Epi aren't the abilities used at night? We haven't had a game night yet. Or am I missing something (there were A LOT of things to digest in game Set-Up).
Hey all! Just want to point out that I find it difficult to believe that juliets was confused by this post. Like, even I can remember that people say shit like this on day 1. Thank you.
This thing was gross. Of all the things he could have commented on for his first substantial post of the game, why that? Lame.
timmer wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:36 pm
karavalenge wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:13 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:09 pm
poutanko wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:04 pm Can't we just state we're Town so whoever have the Veritaserum can use it whenever they want to whoever they want without asking their sus about it (so not giving a hint/clue about them having the potion)? Image
This is obviously a good idea, right? Any objections?

I am town.
No, that's an awful waste of a 1-shot ability to tell the truth, just to get the same info as a regular ability (Divination). But because you've started this, I also have to say

I am a town.

Or else I'd look scum by not following along with it.
I'm catching up atm, but wanted to point out what could be a really weak attempt at following the I am town charge, but with a "typo" that invalidates it. I don't know this player, so I don't know if they would try something so clumsy as a baddie. But that extra word in their ld statement is noteworthy for a day 1.

Also, I am town.
This is fine I guess, I had the same reaction myself when I saw kara's post.
timmer wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:39 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:23 pm Kind of a pointless exercise anyway, for a couple of reasons.

1. Cop checks already exist.
2. If enough players say "I am town", the one-shot ability will be devalued to a cop check (if used in that way).

The above being stated, all that saying "I am town" does is give the person who said it towny points, regardless of alignment. There is little risk involved, especially if multiple people say it.

It might even be a scum gambit to be one of the first people doing it. "He suggested the thing, surely he wouldn't condemn himself."

Yeah. I was a participant for a bit, but I'm ignoring it.

linki: some neat ideas. I like them.
Also this was to be my next point. The I am town exercise tend to never pay the dividends it seems like it should. But here we are anyway lol.

Also I'm liking DH and Epig so far today, I'm neutral on juliets. None will getmy vote today barring a slip etc.
Notable that he includes juliets in his list of people not getting his vote even though he is "neutral" on her. :ponder:
timmer wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:15 pm
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:49 pm
timmer wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:52 pm Okay, so reading owner's iso, I'd say he really and oddly blindered onto DH very early, and for what seems like entirely prev-game reasons. This allows him to talk a lot about suspicions towards sh, but without having to defend anything he says because, hey, is based on last game. And when pressed about it, he just versions of iunno I just feel it...

This can be a baddie move, but it can also just be blindering which ive done in the past. Those who know owner well, do you get any kind of alignment read from this angle?
Sadly, I can read this post both ways. Slight town maybe if I try to not be paranoid. I guess I'm debating if you would question others about how to read me or if you would just come to a conclusion yourself.
Well I guess the real question is, what would someone who has barely played for years do in trying to read a player he doesn't know, but ask about them? And beyond that, where would an alignment tell be? Which brings me back to you talking a whole lot but really saying nothing much at all...
I don't know what I'm supposed to get out of this exchange.
timmer wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:08 pm Ugh, bullzeye whiffs on trying to comment on the trains and votes a missing player?
He is the first to call out bullzeye. Ok.
timmer wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:21 pm I've only got a second, but a quick skim tells that Bullzeye may be getting set up for a lazy day 1 vote. I'll be able to properly catch up tonight, but for now, that's a development I'll be studying .
But then he says this. Timmer do you not want to lynch bullzeye despite implying that you found his d1 behavior suspect?

Awko taco.

[VOTE: timmer] aubergine
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Yoinksy Poinksy.

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 209

Post by timmer »

Yo.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

So... I did not like bullzeye's vote on Day 1 at all.

I now do not suspect Bullseye at all. In fact, he is my #1 CIV read. I'd rather not elaborate more on that. I'm not the player with the cop style item, though, to be clear.
My siggie.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Okay. I'll move to [VOTE: Macdougall] aubergine.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Also, the logic I'm using is not foolproof at all, it isn't technically information based, so I'm not saying this in a "follow me, my people" way. I'm making too many assumptions to push for people to follow me, but that's where I'm at. I think bullz is CIV.
My siggie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:54 pm Okay. I'll move to [VOTE: Macdougall] aubergine.
:omg:

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:56 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:54 pm Okay. I'll move to [VOTE: Macdougall] aubergine.
:omg:
He already has a vote and I don't have any reason to think he's town, and I don't want to lynch any of the other current candidates (although of the people who have at least one vote I could also look into Luna more, I'm fairly neutral on her but somewhat more of a slight town lean than mac)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:29 pm A word from Papa Jay:

The value of Day 1 extends beyond the alignment of the player who is lynched on Day 1.

That star is so far up that W's ass. :ponder:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 638
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: Soneji] aubergine
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I was looking for alternative places to plop the ol’ vote, and I was surprised how perturbed I was when I scanned Soneji’s posts. I will explain soon, but for now y’all can take your own looks.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

timmer wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:56 pm Also, the logic I'm using is not foolproof at all, it isn't technically information based, so I'm not saying this in a "follow me, my people" way. I'm making too many assumptions to push for people to follow me, but that's where I'm at. I think bullz is CIV.
who die instead

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:07 pm
timmer wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:56 pm Also, the logic I'm using is not foolproof at all, it isn't technically information based, so I'm not saying this in a "follow me, my people" way. I'm making too many assumptions to push for people to follow me, but that's where I'm at. I think bullz is CIV.
who die instead
Reading back now, many pages!
My siggie.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

timmer wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:10 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:07 pm
who die instead
Reading back now, many pages!
:beer:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Ok I was ISO ing poutanko and noticed something I had forgotten about karavalenge, and moved over to Kara.

1. Botched wording in her I am town statement which may, depending on mod discretion, invalidate a lie detect on it.

2. Commenting on sus against owner with supportive "meh?" Style little defences of his play which feel team-y.

3. Too specific in talk of owners deathly Hallows comments.

4. General ping in my gut.

I'm going to vote Kara, but could vote owner easily as well. Will read more tomorrow morning.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

[VOTE: karavalenge] aubergine
My siggie.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:17 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:05 pm LC = scrotum ... I am not entirely sure what that means.
I've been called out as scum before but I gotta say, I've never been called out as scrotum before.

Must mean I'm a better mafia player than @Long Con :slick:
Nope.

LC is the dog's bollocks.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

timmer wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:21 pm I've only got a second, but a quick skim tells that Bullzeye may be getting set up for a lazy day 1 vote. I'll be able to properly catch up tonight, but for now, that's a development I'll be studying .
What are the alternatives to the "may be?"
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 261

Post by Quin »

timmer wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:22 pm Ok I was ISO ing poutanko and noticed something I had forgotten about karavalenge, and moved over to Kara.

1. Botched wording in her I am town statement which may, depending on mod discretion, invalidate a lie detect on it.

2. Commenting on sus against owner with supportive "meh?" Style little defences of his play which feel team-y.

3. Too specific in talk of owners deathly Hallows comments.

4. General ping in my gut.

I'm going to vote Kara, but could vote owner easily as well. Will read more tomorrow morning.
Did you have anything to say about poutanko?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Glorfindel »

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] : Being one of the few people I feel that I can trust in this game right now, may I please ask your opinion of two player of you may have far more extensive and recent experience of than I - Jack and Colin? Thank you kindly.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:54 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:30 pm How am I supposed to play Mafia when there’s an incredibly exciting 49ers/Raiders matchup on prime time?
Think of all the concussions and other health problems the players will have and come play with us.
Or Oakland ineptitude.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

All this talk about comics and pictures and tells makes me want to listen to a Mandrake root.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Bullzeye- Would lynch
ColinisCool- Would lynch
DH- Would not lynch
Glorfindel- Would lynch
INH- Eh...stop worrying about what other people have to say about you and do something worthwhile with your life, unlike David Lynch. :llama:
Jack- Would not lynch
JJJ - Would lynch
juliets - Would not lynch
kara - Would lynch
Kylemii - Would not lynch
lapluie - Would lynch
Long Con - Would not lynch
Lunalee- Would lynch
MacDougall- Would lynch (but would have a few beers with first)
nutella - Would lynch
Owner- Would lynch
poutanko - Would not lynch
Quin- Would not lynch
Soneji - Would not lynch
timmer- Would lynch for fun
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Glorfindel wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:55 pm @JaggedJimmyJay : Being one of the few people I feel that I can trust in this game right now, may I please ask your opinion of two player of you may have far more extensive and recent experience of than I - Jack and Colin? Thank you kindly.
I think Colin has seemed authentic in his play so far. Jack hasn’t done much, so I award no civilian points. There is precedent for him to goof off as a good guy so tread carefully, but it’s an easy meta to mimic. Indeed that’s the value of the meta.

Can you explain why you trust me in specific reference to my play in this game?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I changed my vote to Colin for now.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Beefs with Soneji
Soneji wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:10 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:24 pm [VOTE: Sonjei] aubergine

Hufflepuffs are wimps and he’s from a poor family.

*sneer*
Hitting at house and home already, ouch.
Long Con wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:01 pm This Glorf talk reminds me of the presence of Veritaserum. This game has lie detection - can we lie-detect any post successfully, or are there restrictions? Some games have a rule that you can't LD answers to direct questions, to avoid everyone lining up and saying "I am a Civilian" as an automatic checkable phrase. Also, what happens when Glorf is given Veritaserum? Super-honesty?
The effects of Veritaserum are described in the OPs under set-up, which clearly state it's limitations. Any attempts at a loophole would be grounds for asking the host, not something to go off on a tangent discussing with other players. I am puzzled at why you are asking about it's effect on a specific player, unless it's meant to be a joke as by what I can ascertain from other's posts Glorf has a truth meta.

I don't see a point in this post in furthering town's goals, if anything it reminds mafia of a mechanic they might have forgotten about. It just wants to go off into pure speculation, you don't even bring up any good targets for use of it.

Baseless mechanics talk is a general scumtell for me so :

[/b]Vote Lynch Longcon[/b]
Soneji wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:11 pm Didn't know that triggered the voting function here, that was :

Vote Lynch Longcon
My initial take on LC's discussion of mechanics was negative, so I don't fault Soneji for adopting the same view. I highlighted a portion though which rubs the wrong way, in that it's devoid of context. "This is a thing that is suspicious, LC did the thing, thus I vote." The mindset is civilian-compatible, but the delivery irks me. It's less important than what follows in this post.
Soneji wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:34 am~~~

I think this has merit, the times when I have caught myself scum slipping it has been on minor things like this. By itself I wouldn't jump on this but that Owner has spent this whole phase tunneled on someone over a previous game adds to their rapsheet.

~~~

These posts from Lunalee all slightly pinged me, the mocking joke in response to TH, the preemptive excuse for voting off leading wagons, the overly long somewhat passive-aggressive post to say he's town and the fact that they prompted this JJJ wagon but only just joined it this late.

Vote Lynch Lunalee
I omitted content from this post to make it smaller. The first portion (red) refers to Owner. All of it reads badly to me. Foremost, I just don't like "when I have caught myself scum slipping it has been on minor things like this" -- it is some vague, unverifiable throwaway comment that anyone can tack on to a post to justify promoting a "slip". Discussion of slips is often controversial, because players split into camps defined by their belief in the likelihood of the phenomenon, and I believe that when bad guys falsely contribute to slip dialogue there's a need to justify such that the controversy is quelled.

The latter portion (green) is just bogus to me. If Owner believes someone is suspicious on the basis of meta, whether her approach seems rational or not, then there's no reason why she wouldn't pursue that suspicion over the course of a day -- particularly when people were asking her about it. That's the image of constancy, but not a sort of constancy driven by the Owner as much as by everyone who questioned Owner. This looks like a smear.

The Lunalee stuff isn't as bothersome, though the orange bit there is not an agreeable assessment of the post in question (click back to Soneji's original post for clarification).
Soneji wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:17 pm My Lunalee lynch isn't going anywhere so it seems it's between Owner and TH. Owner had a potential scumslip but it's so slight that I'm not willing to bank on that. TH's push on me is bad and they have had some odd interactions. What edges things out for me is that Luna and TH are voting Owner, while Owner is not voting TH, scum would have to be really unmotivated to not self-pres.

[VOTE: Turnip Head] aubergine
Not sure I buy his suspicion of Turnip Head. The "push on me is bad" assertion traces back to this thing which does nothing for me, and "odd interactions" is essentially meaningless sans-expansion. He finagled his way into a lynch of a player who wanted his head.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 1

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:02 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:49 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:47 pm If 3J is bad some heavy interference has been ran by his teammates today.
Name them.

*waves sand dramatically*
*sneers*
No.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:06 pm If TH is good, Owner still deserves scrutiny. If Owner is bad, check TH’s wagon.
Colin, I've some questions.

First post: you say a thing which offers no real insight on the game at hand unless I am bad, and even if I am, it's still vague and nothing. Jack gave you a chance to make it better than vague and nothing, and you declined.

Second post: no shit? TH and Owner are the two primary wagons. If TH flips good, it doesn't make Owner good -- duh. If Owner is bad, maybe her counterwagon is problematic -- duh. What are you adding to the dialogue with these posts?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Good takes on Soneji. I could vote there.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:32 am Good takes on Soneji. I could vote there.
Which takes are especially pleasing to your creamy hazelnut innards?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

KYLE

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

Your vote is still on Timmer btw Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

poutanko wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:03 am
POUTANKO, THIS NUTCASE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A WORD WITH YOU.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:05 am
Rejected*
All caps is not acceptable :grin:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

poutanko wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:16 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:05 am
Rejected*
All caps is not acceptable :grin:
what if

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Ooop thank
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”