Moderator: Community Team

ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 376

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 3

Post by ColinIsCool »

Quin wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:54 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:06 am
Quin wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:47 pm Nobody cares about Colin right now. Why is he throwing in the towel?
Am I throwing in the towel?
Yes. Goodnight.
Learn to read BITCH
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 421

Post by speedchuck »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:28 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:30 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:07 am
Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:07 pm Maybe he wants the perks that come with being a Confirmed Civ. He could reasonably expect protection from kills. I don't know, it's pretty weird. I'm sure the Phoenix Down owner has a plan, no need to "lynch a Civ" to get a good target. Maybe he's a baddie with the ability to appear Civ upon their lynch. Get lynched - look Civ - use up rez - PROFIT!!!
Bingo. If I die then you know I’m a civ and if I come back, that’s good. Is this hard to understand?
Yeah, because the rezzes have been so available and stuff so far. Let's totally waste a lynch on you and hope that third night's the charm. :suspish:
What can I say, I’m a selfish guy.
[VOTE: That is not the only problem with this.] aubergine
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

If I am going to get lynched by the dumbest wagon ever in my time of playing Mafia then at least please answer this q before I go join my great friend Turbup Head in the, uhh, Mirror of Erised? I don’t fucking know you tell me.
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:47 pm Hypothetically assuming I used a Niffler, is it pro-town to share the results? Please weigh in on this and thank you.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:33 pm If I am going to get lynched by the dumbest wagon ever in my time of playing Mafia then at least please answer this q before I go join my great friend Turbup Head in the, uhh, Mirror of Erised? I don’t fucking know you tell me.
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:47 pm Hypothetically assuming I used a Niffler, is it pro-town to share the results? Please weigh in on this and thank you.
I don't think it would be pro-town. If anything it would just put more pressure on to lynch/kill people in that house (or not).

Sounds like a Yun Qui situation waiting to happen.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Why don't we talk, Colin? I want to pick someone's head, and you're the only person around.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:37 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:33 pm If I am going to get lynched by the dumbest wagon ever in my time of playing Mafia then at least please answer this q before I go join my great friend Turbup Head in the, uhh, Mirror of Erised? I don’t fucking know you tell me.
I don't think it would be pro-town. If anything it would just put more pressure on to lynch/kill people in that house (or not).

Sounds like a Yun Qui situation waiting to happen.
That’s one thought I had but on the flip side it is not necessarily a bad thing if people zero in on one house. It’s hard to say.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:38 pm Why don't we talk, Colin? I want to pick someone's head, and you're the only person around.
Pick away
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:39 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:38 pm Why don't we talk, Colin? I want to pick someone's head, and you're the only person around.
Pick away
Firgive me if I missed it, but who are your townlocks? Why?

What's off about Jack?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:40 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:39 pm
Pick away
Firgive me if I missed it, but who are your townlocks? Why?

What's off about Jack?
I feel good about timmer, Epi, Glorf, and poutanko, mostly tonally they all pass the gut test. Sloonei, I think that INH vs Owner didn’t look like bussing in retrospect. I feel better about Jay than I did earlier. I think nutella looks like her civ game. I feel pretty good about you but somewhat less so because of the Bullzeye cop-out vote.

Jack, somebody made a case on him that I liked a lot. LC? I’d have to go back.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 155
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I don't see the town benefit of publicizing Deathly Hallows locations. If anything, you'd mark that House for death.

But that's whatever.

So you asked to be lynched... and now that the votes are coming to you, you're getting salty about it??

LOL non please monsieur... allow me. [VOTE: Colin] aubergine We humbly await to serve your every request. :feb:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:50 am @nutella Have you had a scum game more recent than Fire Emblem?
@Glorfindel I'd like to see a scum game of yours. Don't really care who points me to it.

Currently leaning more town on Nutella than before, based on the past few pages of content.
No I'm pretty sure that was the last one.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:07 pm Maybe he wants the perks that come with being a Confirmed Civ. He could reasonably expect protection from kills. I don't know, it's pretty weird. I'm sure the Phoenix Down owner has a plan, no need to "lynch a Civ" to get a good target. Maybe he's a baddie with the ability to appear Civ upon their lynch. Get lynched - look Civ - use up rez - PROFIT!!!
Bingo. If I die then you know I’m a civ and if I come back, that’s good. Is this hard to understand?
Did you... did you misread LC's post? O.o
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:49 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:50 am @nutella Have you had a scum game more recent than Fire Emblem?
@Glorfindel I'd like to see a scum game of yours. Don't really care who points me to it.

Currently leaning more town on Nutella than before, based on the past few pages of content.
No I'm pretty sure that was the last one.
Thanks. That was a good game.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I think he's agreeing and then directing his question at the naysayers.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

:haha: I had to comment on the vastly different reads as well. Too fun!
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:48 pm Jack, somebody made a case on him that I liked a lot. LC? I’d have to go back.
Please find it. Jack hasn't been the presence I'd expect from him. I want to see what you saw.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 209

Post by timmer »

Ok, let's salvage this day.
My siggie.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:08 am
I made these posts after INH died. Learn to read
I knew this and thought it was clear when Jay said "beginning of this day phase" and I was pretty confused when Mac said it was distancing/bussing.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:50 pm
I think he's agreeing and then directing his question at the naysayers.
Pretty sure both h=e and nutella took the part of the post they wanted to highlight, and ignored the rest.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1042

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con:
D1 - Fun, Goofy, Aloofy. Some mechanics talk, Defensive about his mechanics talk, Defends Owner over the DH/DA distinction saying he too mixed them up. Reads TH/Luna as W/W. Votes TH, Looking for Hallows.

D2 - Uses Nova's Death to ping Jay immediately. Agrees w/ Jay about Bullz nova vote. Big post detailing thoughts on Luna. Defends Owner again, but agrees that Epi is a null read.

This jumps out at me. Here LC is talking to Kara about Kara's Day 1 Owner suspicion(s) but lack of an Owner vote:
If Owner turns up scum, then that looks bad on you: to say she really looks like scum, but stop short of casting a clinching vote for an Owner lynch.
This quote here really gets my dogs barking. Setting up a patsy for "If Owner [ever] flips scum" combined with LC's defending Owner a few times already...

Jumps off the Luna vote to glomp onto the INH salad suspicion and vote for INH. Uninspiring, and smells of distancing moreso than any other vote I can recall.

D3 -
Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:29 am
nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:11 am
Long Con wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:02 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:53 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:39 pmOther folks I'd be down to lynching: Glorf, Owner, and maaaaaybe JJJ. Need to read up on all of three of them before I decisively side against them.
Prototypical player salad. Y'all want a definition? This is the definition, or at least of the manner of salad that has most frequently caught bad guys in my experience. Put it in the encyclopedia.

"I would be willing to lynch X, Y, Z, or maaaaaaybe W" is literally how I have described player salad in the past.
Reeaal. Also he ignored my (+your) testimony that Luna's behavior is not indicative of a mafia alignment.
I noticed that as well - your ideas sounded sure, and believable, though I haven't checked it out for myself in Luna's other games yet.

I'm happy to put a vote on [VOTE: INH] aubergine instead.
here we go -- for context in the several posts before this he builds a case on, highly suspects, and votes for Luna, but when Jay points out INH's salad he's all OOOOO SALAD and jumps on that here, seeming to back off of his Luna case too easily after my assertion that she wasn't matching her scum meta. I'm not wording this very well but I feel like scum LC could have built the case on town Luna and when that got resistance he backed off onto his teammate, even though Luna was still on the table to be lynched and INH wasn't really yet, and he either didn't want to look responsible for a town lynch or did want to look instrumental in a scum lynch. idk, maybe I'm stretching it but @Long Con I'm interested in your response. why did you back off of luna so easily, even with the disclaimer that you hadn't checked out her meta for yourself? why did you decide to vote INH suddenly after the salad was brought to your attention?
I thought your defense of Luna sounded like something real, and deserved looking into. Your characterization of her "more cool and manipulative" baddie game didn't look like her game here. For INH, I'm a big believer in Player Salad as a tell, which you referenced elsewhere in your post. I didn't want to leave my vote on Luna, and JJJ's catch of Player Salad made for a good new place to put my vote. I didn't vote him as a bussing move, I voted him because he looked bad to me. I was surprised no one else chose to put a vote on him.
Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:34 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:56 pm LC, seriously? Already debunked. Chill.
I may have missed that. But really, Jay put it just how I see it:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:07 pm The only true salad I have seen in this game was INH's. nutella's is close to the salad spectrum given the classic "maybe" structure, but the context is more forgivable.
I couldn't resist, since we had just discussed, at some length, that exact structure. But if it had already been brought up, then I just suck.
Those quotes may be out of order since I did a little fishing to find them. Highlighted parts are of note. Mr. "I don't let other people dictate my actions" leans heavily on other people's reads/cases/thoughts.

He feels good about Timmer, and Nutella. Thinks Sloonei townslipped (Orly?). Then when Timmer stuck his foot in his mouth LC turns on Timmer a bit with the Adolf thing. Then he backs up with a big Timmer post
Anyway Voting Long Con
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:13 am
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:14 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:03 am
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:00 am (okay, that was a fun exercise, and in doing it I guess there wasn't quite as much suspicious content as it felt like there was. I think my point about LC is the one most worth considering.)
Ok, you do it. Discuss reasons why Colin might do that.
Well he could be town wanting to get confirmed, but as Quin pointed out, why? He's barely even been suspected at all until now -- and what's more, he had just pointed out his fear that rezzes were either gone or in the wrong hands. If he's town he can't count on a rez, by his own admission. He can only rely on a rez if he's bad and knows his team has one. Whether he has some way to appear civ upon flip, or whether his team will rez him as a confirmed baddie, I can't say, but there doesn't really seem to be a town explanation.
I think nutella is town from this fwiw. Total shades of Easter talking herself into every possible combination of goodness and badness in everything.
Ok cool but is that all? You're not gonna defend the point that you can't count on a rez so it doesn't make sense to waste a lynch, unless you're bad?

Not to mention you drew a comparison to Easter in which you were super evil. Idk if this is any kind of reliable tell but I feel like players are subconsciously or not more likely to be thinking about games in which their alignment matched the current one.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:48 pm
I don't see the town benefit of publicizing Deathly Hallows locations. If anything, you'd mark that House for death.

But that's whatever.

So you asked to be lynched... and now that the votes are coming to you, you're getting salty about it??

LOL non please monsieur... allow me. [VOTE: Colin] aubergine We humbly await to serve your every request. :feb:
I’m not asking to be lynched really, just that if you cosmic brains REALLY are gonna do this song and dance again ... y’all know what to hmu w/ after
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:23 am
timmer wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:30 am And ultimately I now have to ask... speedchuck 2.0, since you are bullz do you have anything that needs to be added to this info mess I have caused?
Looks like you cleared it all up already. I'm still catching up this morning. Bullz didn't redirect or kill anyone.
The plot thickens
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: Hogwarts Mafia

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:34 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:42 pm - This is not a bastard game, so I will not lie to you. However, it is possible for abilities that obtain information to be fooled.
Screw all of last night's foolishness you dillweeds.

INH was scum. Nova was scum. DDL does not lie to us publicly, as said above. These were reveals, not cop checks or ability related info.

10 points to Hufflepuff.
Agreed
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:56 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:13 am
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:14 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:03 am
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:00 am (okay, that was a fun exercise, and in doing it I guess there wasn't quite as much suspicious content as it felt like there was. I think my point about LC is the one most worth considering.)
Ok, you do it. Discuss reasons why Colin might do that.
Well he could be town wanting to get confirmed, but as Quin pointed out, why? He's barely even been suspected at all until now -- and what's more, he had just pointed out his fear that rezzes were either gone or in the wrong hands. If he's town he can't count on a rez, by his own admission. He can only rely on a rez if he's bad and knows his team has one. Whether he has some way to appear civ upon flip, or whether his team will rez him as a confirmed baddie, I can't say, but there doesn't really seem to be a town explanation.
I think nutella is town from this fwiw. Total shades of Easter talking herself into every possible combination of goodness and badness in everything.
Ok cool but is that all? You're not gonna defend the point that you can't count on a rez so it doesn't make sense to waste a lynch, unless you're bad?

Not to mention you drew a comparison to Easter in which you were super evil. Idk if this is any kind of reliable tell but I feel like players are subconsciously or not more likely to be thinking about games in which their alignment matched the current one.
I am not following you here at all.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:51 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:48 pm Jack, somebody made a case on him that I liked a lot. LC? I’d have to go back.
Please find it. Jack hasn't been the presence I'd expect from him. I want to see what you saw.
Gimme a sec
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

But that's whatever.

Lol :clap:

Also yeah Colin what is good about singling out a house? You gonna make us focus on a house that you know none of your teammates are in?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
karavalenge
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 75

Post by karavalenge »

I'm checking in, sorry for being absent for the weekend.

Especially apologies to my housemates for being absent.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Not sure whether the Colin lynch is a plot to kill all Griffindors or an actual case. Is there anything to it other than the silly rez stuff?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:55 pm Long Con:
D1 - Fun, Goofy, Aloofy. Some mechanics talk, Defensive about his mechanics talk, Defends Owner over the DH/DA distinction saying he too mixed them up. Reads TH/Luna as W/W. Votes TH, Looking for Hallows.

D2 - Uses Nova's Death to ping Jay immediately. Agrees w/ Jay about Bullz nova vote. Big post detailing thoughts on Luna. Defends Owner again, but agrees that Epi is a null read.

This jumps out at me. Here LC is talking to Kara about Kara's Day 1 Owner suspicion(s) but lack of an Owner vote:
If Owner turns up scum, then that looks bad on you: to say she really looks like scum, but stop short of casting a clinching vote for an Owner lynch.
This quote here really gets my dogs barking. Setting up a patsy for "If Owner [ever] flips scum" combined with LC's defending Owner a few times already...

Jumps off the Luna vote to glomp onto the INH salad suspicion and vote for INH. Uninspiring, and smells of distancing moreso than any other vote I can recall.

D3 -
Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:29 am
nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:11 am
Long Con wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:02 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:53 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:39 pmOther folks I'd be down to lynching: Glorf, Owner, and maaaaaybe JJJ. Need to read up on all of three of them before I decisively side against them.
Prototypical player salad. Y'all want a definition? This is the definition, or at least of the manner of salad that has most frequently caught bad guys in my experience. Put it in the encyclopedia.

"I would be willing to lynch X, Y, Z, or maaaaaaybe W" is literally how I have described player salad in the past.
Reeaal. Also he ignored my (+your) testimony that Luna's behavior is not indicative of a mafia alignment.
I noticed that as well - your ideas sounded sure, and believable, though I haven't checked it out for myself in Luna's other games yet.

I'm happy to put a vote on [VOTE: INH] aubergine instead.
here we go -- for context in the several posts before this he builds a case on, highly suspects, and votes for Luna, but when Jay points out INH's salad he's all OOOOO SALAD and jumps on that here, seeming to back off of his Luna case too easily after my assertion that she wasn't matching her scum meta. I'm not wording this very well but I feel like scum LC could have built the case on town Luna and when that got resistance he backed off onto his teammate, even though Luna was still on the table to be lynched and INH wasn't really yet, and he either didn't want to look responsible for a town lynch or did want to look instrumental in a scum lynch. idk, maybe I'm stretching it but @Long Con I'm interested in your response. why did you back off of luna so easily, even with the disclaimer that you hadn't checked out her meta for yourself? why did you decide to vote INH suddenly after the salad was brought to your attention?
I thought your defense of Luna sounded like something real, and deserved looking into. Your characterization of her "more cool and manipulative" baddie game didn't look like her game here. For INH, I'm a big believer in Player Salad as a tell, which you referenced elsewhere in your post. I didn't want to leave my vote on Luna, and JJJ's catch of Player Salad made for a good new place to put my vote. I didn't vote him as a bussing move, I voted him because he looked bad to me. I was surprised no one else chose to put a vote on him.
Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:34 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:56 pm LC, seriously? Already debunked. Chill.
I may have missed that. But really, Jay put it just how I see it:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:07 pm The only true salad I have seen in this game was INH's. nutella's is close to the salad spectrum given the classic "maybe" structure, but the context is more forgivable.
I couldn't resist, since we had just discussed, at some length, that exact structure. But if it had already been brought up, then I just suck.
Those quotes may be out of order since I did a little fishing to find them. Highlighted parts are of note. Mr. "I don't let other people dictate my actions" leans heavily on other people's reads/cases/thoughts.

He feels good about Timmer, and Nutella. Thinks Sloonei townslipped (Orly?). Then when Timmer stuck his foot in his mouth LC turns on Timmer a bit with the Adolf thing. Then he backs up with a big Timmer post
Anyway Voting Long Con
LC has definitely had sort of a "trying to find a train to be on" feel at times, and your point re: Kara and his owner vote is intriguing...

But it also makes me look back to owner, who pinged me early on and then I just kind of forgot about her.

And I'll reiterate that lc's "stated right from the start plan to openly hunt for hallows" is a brilliant move from a baddie team, as it makes sense from game mechanics but allows for last second lynch manipulation with built in excuse.
My siggie.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I am never going to find this case on Jack unless the person who made the case finds it for me, sorry. This thread is too big.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:03 pm

But that's whatever.

Lol :clap:

Also yeah Colin what is good about singling out a house? You gonna make us focus on a house that you know none of your teammates are in?
My thinking was that we could attempt to draw NKs and civ protections to a house. Bit of a gamble though.
timmer
Racketeer

Re: Hogwarts Mafia

Post by timmer »

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:57 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:34 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:42 pm - This is not a bastard game, so I will not lie to you. However, it is possible for abilities that obtain information to be fooled.
Screw all of last night's foolishness you dillweeds.

INH was scum. Nova was scum. DDL does not lie to us publicly, as said above. These were reveals, not cop checks or ability related info.

10 points to Hufflepuff.
Agreed
That pull from the rules is something i should have noticed ages ago. So dead baddies are dead baddies.
My siggie.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

The Long Con case DH just posted is prettay good though too. He seems particularly opportunistic voting for me, more than Quin or the others.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

[mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention] Are you going to reassign the houses like Daisy reassigned the ships once a house no longer has enough members to be competitive in the Cup?

ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 638
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:06 pm Not sure whether the Colin lynch is a plot to kill all Griffindors or an actual case. Is there anything to it other than the silly rez stuff?
There are some reasons to suspect Colin in relation to INH.

The entire discussion of rezzes and Deathly Hallows and Colin wants to be lynched or Colin doesn't want to be lynched strikes me as silliness though. I wish I could be here to dominate the conversation. :meany:
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'mma be around for another maybe 15 minutes before I fuck off to do other things.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I fully admit I don’t look great in relation to INH. He’s a wascally wabbit and I have almost never read him correctly aside from U-Pick. Oh well.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

How strong does your case feel if Slowner is town?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:16 pm

Well considering his defense of Owner, and his jumping on Kara with the "if Owner is scum" thing and his thought that Sloonei townslipped, if you take all those away I still don't like his

1) Hunting for Hallows/TH vote
2) Backing off Luna based on Jay/Nut
3) His flip on Timmer with the Adolf tell or w/e that he backed away from pretty quckly felt like he was working a bit too hard to make something click there.

So I'd say I feel (right now, all things included) 65-70% confident in the LC case, but take the Owner stuff out and I'm somewhere in the range of 55-60%

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Oh also his INH vote based on the Salad thing.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Lunalee »

Quin wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:09 am
nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:54 am
Quin wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:04 am i don't deserve to be townread so i am suspicious of anyone who is doing so
I periodically remember that you are playing this game. You've been thoroughly forgettable and I'm not sure I could name more than one opinion you have had in this game, the one being suspicion of Mac (which I share). I wonder if I should be worried about that. I don't have much of a handle on your meta at all really. Luna's take resonated with me a bit, about expecting you to be more... abrasive. I know you can be abrasive as scum too (*cough*FE) and perhaps conversely you can be more chill as town. Also I agree with Sloonei that this very post is a good look.
i've felt as though you've been in my corner for most of this game though i have absolutely no idea why. you haven't explicitly said this, but joining me on the mac train even though my own reason was so lacklustre and then gth reading me as good makes me feel this way and this feeling is not great.
Sorry Quin, but you saying stuff like this makes me more likely to GTH think you're good
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:21 pm btw I just skimmed through Jack's ISO and I don't think I could name a single stance he took during all of Day 1
nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:23 pm he posts much more on day 2 but most of it is still relatively passive/observation rather than engaging with anyone past surface level. feels like he's afraid to get his hands dirty
Posting this for myself.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:20 pm

Well considering his defense of Owner, and his jumping on Kara with the "if Owner is scum" thing and his thought that Sloonei townslipped, if you take all those away I still don't like his

3) His flip on Timmer with the Adolf tell or w/e that he backed away from pretty quckly felt like he was working a bit too hard to make something click there.

So I'd say I feel (right now, all things included) 65-70% confident in the LC case, but take the Owner stuff out and I'm somewhere in the range of 55-60%
#1 is something Jack and Speed 1.0 both did to some extent. One of them, at least, was town.
I don't know much about #2. #3 is a fair point, I think.

You said earlier you'd look into Jack today as well. I'm curious about that.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:26 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:20 pm

#1 is something Jack and Speed 1.0 both did to some extent. One of them, at least, was town.
I don't know much about #2. #3 is a fair point, I think.

You said earlier you'd look into Jack today as well. I'm curious about that.
I did say that didn't I but the thing about that is I really wanna play Red Dead.

I'll look into Jack now tho. Fuck it. What's 5 posts.

ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I mean, you had 6 people on your list and I'm not asking about all of them.

Just one more. :) Thanks.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Owner's banter with DH on day 1 is dizzying.

I'm going to sum up the mentions to show the change in tone from post to post.

1. Opens with a DH vote, "still suspicious".

2. In the Firefly game we played together, I was suspicious of him the whole game.

3. I have my reasons, or it could be DH just reads scummy each game. (Note trying to bolster her case subtly with suggested other reasons)

4. I might need to look at the Firefly game again to see if your posts in that game were as scummy as the ones that I'm currently seeing in this game. (Wait, so... your whole case has been based on the firefly game, but now you need to check it? To see if dh was scummy? You literally started your case on dh with the idea he was scummy)

5. So far DH, I haven't seen anything that screams town from you. Cause, in Firefly, you did do some townie things that almost made me read you correctly. (Wait, what? I thought you suspected him "all game"? Do you see how owner is changing her story post by post?)

6.A lot of his posts read scummy to me. Maybe, he'll improve tomorrow, but so far, I don't see it. (So now posts in THIS game read scummy)

7. I want to say I was back and forth on you on day 2 that game, but I don't know if I voiced this opinion or not. I thought I did. (Does owner actually have any actual memory of firefly at all? Kind of a big question since this case started with certainty of memory it seems)

8.This post here is very different from the last game. Those statements don't contradict each other. I struggled to trust you in the Firefly game, and in this game, you feel different from the Firefly game. ( but I thought his posts in THIS game were reading scummy to you???)

9. I haven't said all the reasons. (What????)

10. Yes, it might be weird to some, but I guess I'm waiting for you to do something to prove me wrong. I can't explain what that is, but I'll know it when I see it...if it even happens though, which it might not. ("I have no idea what I'm saying, I've been making this all up")
My siggie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:28 pm I mean, you had 6 people on your list and I'm not asking about all of them.

Just one more. :) Thanks.
FTR Timmer I'm not interested in digging into after last night, and Luna I've already given my two cents on at least to some extent, same w/ Nutella. Jay I'm also not interested, but for him its a matter of my interest in other players taking my focus, not anything specific he's done.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

[mention]timmer[/mention] Have you a point?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Lunalee »

Here's my GTH list. Throwing this out so I can start to organize my thoughts:
Owner/Sloonei - good
Epignosis - good

JaggedJimmyJay - good