Moderator: Community Team

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 5

Post by Sloonei »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:05 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:02 pm Speedchuck has vig kill written all over him. This does not bode well for Quin. It’s still possible he’s town but after the way everything happened yesterday it’s gonna take a lot to feel that way for sure.

On the subject of vig kills, timmer is still alive, which could mean a few things: he’s a Death Eater, or the Death Eaters haven’t felt the need to kill him yet, or they’re just wary of protections/misdirects. In any event, it seems that others are being prioritized over him which could suggest that the Death Eaters feel safe from him.
Orly?
Yes. Do something.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 377
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:02 pm Speedchuck has vig kill written all over him. This does not bode well for Quin. It’s still possible he’s town but after the way everything happened yesterday it’s gonna take a lot to feel that way for sure.

On the subject of vig kills, timmer is still alive, which could mean a few things: he’s a Death Eater, or the Death Eaters haven’t felt the need to kill him yet, or they’re just wary of protections/misdirects. In any event, it seems that others are being prioritized over him which could suggest that the Death Eaters feel safe from him.
Sloonei, what are you referring to when you say "but after everything happened yesterday"? I'm not sure what you are referring to.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1042

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 4

Post by DharmaHelper »

poutanko wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:07 pm ....it's not read
N1 - Bullz
N2 - Colin
Lol wild.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:05 pm

Orly?
Yes. Do something.
Why doesn't it bode well for Quin?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:06 pm

Sloonei, what are you referring to when you say "but after everything happened yesterday"? I'm not sure what you are referring to.
... Quin and Speedchuck openly contradicting each other and consuming the thread.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 879

Post by nutella »

Oh I completely forgot about timmer. Yeah he could be bad, damn it.

And poutanko's speed check was allegedly night 1 (but she didn't claim it til day 4)
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Lol guys remember when I asked Owner if "Picture Tell" translated to poutanko posting all those off site smilies and she said no. Lol wow that's so wild.

I mean if they were teammates that would be pretty wild lol.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:06 pm

Orly?
Yes. Do something.
... Quin and speedchuck openly contradicting each other and consuming the thread.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:08 pm

Orly?
Yes. Do something.
... Quin and speedchuck openly contradicting each other and consuming the thread.
Assume I didn't read any of that.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:07 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:06 pm

... Quin and Speedchuck openly contradicting each other and consuming the thread.
Oh ok, that seems like it was going on forever but I guess it was just yesterday.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:08 pm

Orly?
Yes. Do something.
lmao :haha: yeah sloonei if you're so anti-ketchup you can't just assume people know things that happened in the thread :meany: :meany: :meany:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:07 pm Oh I completely forgot about timmer. Yeah he could be bad, damn it.

And poutanko's speed check was allegedly night 1 (but she didn't claim it til day 4)
I don’t think timmer is bad. I’d lean in one of the other directions I suggested.

I’d give more consideration to poutanko as a death eater though.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

yeah I'mma iso poutanko
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Orly?
Yes. Do something.
Quin claimed to patronus me and timmer.
Speedchuck claims to have watched Quin target LC.
Both of them stuck to their guns and rejected any alternatives other than that the other was lying.
Speedchuck is dead and town.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Hey you know what's crazy tho is that poutanko sat on a "speedchuck is bad" claim for what, 3 days. lol wow

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:07 pm Oh I completely forgot about timmer. Yeah he could be bad, damn it.

I can think of two answers to the poutanko question you raise but I'd rather hear it from her. @poutanko why did you wait for day 4?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: Quin] aubergine
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Night 4

Post by Golden »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:28 pm The previous subject was a lot scarier. It was Consumer Law. I just did the exam for it and I feel like I was right about everything while also being wrong about everything.
:beer: good luck. Everything about commercial law is grey.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:18 pm [VOTE: Quin] aubergine
QUINSANITY

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

ehh pou could go either way. her iso is only 2 pages, I invite others to look for themselves and decide
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Golden »

Also, there’s something ironic about the fact I’m a topic of conversation in Hogwarts mafia
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:56 pm Quin and sprityo

Quin's stuff

Quin wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:50 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:44 pm Quin, would you be able to throw together a six-player POE list?
speed's alignment would change things a fair bit. So have two.

If speed is bad:
colin
nutella
jack
DH
sprityo
DH

If speed is good:
colin
jack
DH
sprityo
kara
pout
Nothing whatsoever until a D4 POE list. And that's it.

sprityo's stuff

sprityo wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:41 am
juliets wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:55 am
sprityo wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:50 am DH and Mac town v Town. Because their entire arguement wasted time and accomplished close to nothing.
sprityo what do you think about the speed vs. Quin debate?
That’s a debate? I didn’t recognize that was a thing
sprityo implied he was unaware of the Quin vs. speedchuck mechanical debate. Seems kind of hard to miss if one opens the thread at all during D4, but I'm not sure I disbelieve it.
~~~

Conclusion

Zilch to discuss. They're compatible by default.

YELLOW
Quin and Sprit are the players I have the most independent suspicion of right now. This relationship turns up next to nothing. Sprit’s supposed ignorance of speed/quin is not a good look. That it’s the only real point in this entire interaction is also not a good look. I have trouble calling it a definitively bad read though.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:12 pm

Orly?
Yes. Do something.
Both of them stuck to their guns and rejected any alternatives other than that the other was lying.
It may not be as easy as this.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[VOTE: poutanko] aubergine

:shrug2: I'm totally lost you guys
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I feel like I spend so much time doing all that analysis and now just feel like I understand this game less than I did before
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

What if we just lynched Quin

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I'd be happy just lynching kara or sprit though imo they're most likely bad?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:28 pm What if we just lynched Quin
Ok
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

*changes vote every thirty seconds just to feel alive*
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 648
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:24 am Holy crap my phone almost autocorrected "bad" to "BadJack" lmfaoooo
:pout:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm voting Quin for now.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:25 pm

Orly?
Yes. Do something.
There’s certainly more to it than the bullet points. But that’s the general outline. We’ve talked about the possibilities to no end, and to me it seems the most likely scenario is that one of them was lying. We now know it wasn’t speedchuck, unless his was is faked.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:28 pm I feel like I spend so much time doing all that analysis and now just feel like I understand this game less than I did before
Yeah that happens sometimes. The best solution is to close your eyes and hope for the best.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

... so what if speedchuck’s flip is fake?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:31 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:28 pm I feel like I spend so much time doing all that analysis and now just feel like I understand this game less than I did before
Yeah that happens sometimes. The best solution is to close your eyes and hope for the best.
:scared:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:32 pm ... so what if speedchuck’s flip is fake?
That'd be wild lol.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:32 pm ... so what if speedchuck’s flip is fake?
I thought we decided there weren't fake flips in this game because of the thing in the rules about ddl not lying to us? but idk if that's really what that means though
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

- This is not a bastard game, so I will not lie to you. However, it is possible for abilities that obtain information to be fooled.
tbh this sounds to me like there aren't fake-flipping roles :shrug:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:30 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:05 pm Yes. Do something.
There’s certainly more to it than the bullet points. But that’s the general outline. We’ve talked about the possibilities to no end, and to me it seems the most likely scenario is that one of them was lying. We now know it wasn’t speedchuck, unless his was is faked.
I really can't say unfortunately what my thought is which is frustrating for me and probably you too but I'm not inclined to vote for Quin today.

linki

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:33 pm
I thought we decided there weren't fake flips in this game because of the thing in the rules about ddl not lying to us? but idk if that's really what that means though
I hope this is the case. I’d roll with it if there’s nothing that clearly indicates their a thing in the rules.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

juliets wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:35 pm

I really can't say unfortunately what my thought is which is frustrating for me and probably you too but I'm not inclined to vote for Quin today.

linki
ok I want to trust you on this.

I'm [VOTE: kara] aubergine for now
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:38 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:35 pm

linki
ok I want to trust you on this.

I'm [VOTE: kara] aubergine for now
Yo nutella is buggin

ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:00 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:58 pm Lol wild that Poutanko came out with that "Hey Chuck is bad" post the day INH got rezzed huh what a crazy coincidence my fellows
You wanna lynch her? I'm open to anything right now tbh
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 3

Post by Sloonei »

In which I figure out what Quin's relationship to the dead bad guys is/was:
Quin wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:13 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:07 pm Maybe he's a baddie with the ability to appear Civ upon their lynch. Get lynched - look Civ - use up rez - PROFIT!!!
This.
This "This" is Quin's first interaction with Long Con. The header tells me This comes from Day 3. The This which Quin is Thising at is a paranoia-sowing theory about fake role flips. Who even thinks like that!? Suffice to say I'm not in favor of this development. The entire first page of Quin's ISO turns up nothing when I Ctrl+f any variation of names/nicknames for either LC or INH. I'm not inclined to call that a good look.
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:19 am
nutella wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:59 pm big post with long con in it
I didn't get that subtle defence or whatever from LC at all. Dunno how you interpreted it that way.
Quin singles out a point on Long Con from a much more expansive post by nutella. It appears that Quin is providing skepticism of a theory against LC. The follow up does nothing. I'm not really sure what Quin is even talking about here.

After that, LC is dead and the whole claim saga between Quin and Speedchuck happens. Knowing that speed's claim was not false, I really struggle to see Quin in the same positive light as before. Even yesterday, I was only inclined to favor Quin in the argument because of outside evidence against Speedchuck, namely Poutanko's claim, which we now know to have been either incorrect or fabricated.

RED

Quin and INH:
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:18 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:17 am
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:12 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:11 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:08 am Am I nuts or is "Maybe the guys who are flipping bad are actually good" Not a civilian-minded conspiracy theory? What is even the point here? How has this become the hot topic of the day?
Since when do we have two dead Mafia on day 3 with zero having been lynched? It's like a metaphor for society in general right now.
if one of the two dead scum are good who is it and why?
I dunno, INH because he actually posted some?
for a guy who's been leading this discussion about fake flips you don't seem especially opinionated about it.
This is the first time Quin really offers any sort of acknowledgment of INH in this game. It's barely anything. Absence makes the heart grow scummier.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

juliets wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:03 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:58 pm Lol wild that Poutanko came out with that "Hey Chuck is bad" post the day INH got rezzed huh what a crazy coincidence my fellows
Did Poutanko check speed night 2 or 3? INH was razzed night 3. I thought the speed check was night 2 but maybe I'm just wrong.
The point is the timing of the reveal, not the timing of the actual copping.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 1

Post by Sloonei »

LC and Quin, from the other side.
Long Con wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:04 pm
Quin wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:03 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:02 pm
Quin wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:01 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:10 pm I'm going to have essentially zero time until Tuesday night or Wednesday. While I'm not here y'all best find excuses to do work and not excuses to do fuck all. Epi's recent grumbles are valid.

[VOTE: Quin] aubergine, because he said some shit I didn't like earlier. He provided a token response to Epi's dig at juliets which just looked like "this is where I am supposed to interject with this here comment" instead of "this is a problem and I want to address it".
on what planet would epis post actually be a problem though
You tell me.
Jupiter?
Great choice.
Nothing at all.
After that there's just some indirect mentions and an olive green placement on a WIFOM-stirring rainbow list. For the most part this remains nothing at all.

INH & Quin
insertnamehere wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:07 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:21 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:10 pm I'm going to have essentially zero time until Tuesday night or Wednesday. While I'm not here y'all best find excuses to do work and not excuses to do fuck all. Epi's recent grumbles are valid.

[VOTE: Quin] aubergine, because he said some shit I didn't like earlier. He provided a token response to Epi's dig at juliets which just looked like "this is where I am supposed to interject with this here comment" instead of "this is a problem and I want to address it".
This is the post in question:
Quin wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:35 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:29 pm juliets and I are not teammates.

There. Go. Find bad guys.
so you know you're on different teams :ponder:
I don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't have read anything at all into Quin saying that, and the fact that Jay did is a little weird.
"LIKE!"
Soft defense
insertnamehere wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:15 pm
Quin wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:13 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:12 pm IAMA Death Eater, AMAA. (Can't out my teammates, but glad to talk about anything else game-related!)
you're a bad boy
Nothing at all

Quin is suffering from Stupid Sexy Flanders Syndrome in the interactive department.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 641

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:28 pm I'd be happy just lynching kara or sprit though imo they're most likely bad?
I concur
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 261

Post by Quin »

nutella wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:43 pm You better have a damn good explanation m'boy.

And @karavalenge you're not off the hook either. I still don't really believe a town motivation for flooing speed.
You sure work fast.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 261

Post by Quin »

So...I can't vote today. That's a bit awkward, LOL!

There's a nice segue there though.

Who wants my hallow?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”