Moderator: Community Team

Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 648
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Day 5

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

@nutella
Why are you voting Kara instead of Pout?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 377
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:50 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:47 pm Wait, don't disregard. I'm wondering the same thing. I missed the logic for speed being killed by the mafia. So Jay was vigged?
It was covered in the two posts after the one I quoted.
oh, I was looking for the logic - I thought this came up earlier from someone with logic but I guess not
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

sloonei I am tempted to vote sprityo too but his total lack of anything seems almost too bold for a baddie. I mean he openly isn't trying at all. What convinced you to vote for him? Sorry if you already answered.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 879

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:53 pm @nutella
I'm torn between them. I guess they could both be bad but I'm less sure of pout still.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:50 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:32 pm Colin and poutanko are our scum who's with me
If you were going to fake claim cop would you say “My teammate is town. This innocent person is scum”?

You’d mix truth with a lie. Colin really is town. Speed isn’t actually scum.

I might do this because I like to fuck with things like the rule of 3 or “he wouldn’t say this about his teammate” but I don’t think most people would do this.

Are the Pout suspicions more coming from the Colin suspicions or vice versa?
Yeah I guess.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 307

Post by Lunalee »

Here is my gut-town "player salad." Based off what I've seen from these players, I'm town reading them, and wouldn't mind a lynch of anyone not on this list:
DharamaHelper
juliets
karavalenge
nutella
Quin
Sloonei
Timmer
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Uuuuugghhhh this is hard
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:02 pm sloonei I am tempted to vote sprityo too but his total lack of anything seems almost too bold for a baddie. I mean he openly isn't trying at all. What convinced you to vote for him? Sorry if you already answered.
I’m simply not dissuaded by his lack of activity. I don’t suspect him purely for being inactive, but to me he seems to be wielding his inactive status as a defense mechanism, rather than trying to do anything productive with his time in the thread.

I’d offer more insight but I’m currently walking to class.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Lunalee wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:06 pm Here is my gut-town "player salad." Based off what I've seen from these players, I'm town reading them, and wouldn't mind a lynch of anyone not on this list:
DharamaHelper
juliets
karavalenge
nutella
Quin
Sloonei
Timmer
Why is Kara there

I somehow get quin and sloonei being on there but why kara
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:02 pm
I'm torn between them. I guess they could both be bad but I'm less sure of pout still.
What's the case on Kara? I isoed you for mentions of Kara and you've got neutral statements and vague negative statements. You just kinda declare her bad and now are more sure on her than Pout.

I know why you suspect Pout. I have no idea why you suspect Kara.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:07 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:02 pm sloonei I am tempted to vote sprityo too but his total lack of anything seems almost too bold for a baddie. I mean he openly isn't trying at all. What convinced you to vote for him? Sorry if you already answered.
I’m simply not dissuaded by his lack of activity. I don’t suspect him purely for being inactive, but to me he seems to be wielding his inactive status as a defense mechanism, rather than trying to do anything productive with his time in the thread.

ah yes that does seem like what he's doing. I didn't think about it that way. When you're not walking, driving or studying I'd love to hear the rest of your thoughts.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:09 pm
What's the case on Kara? I isoed you for mentions of Kara and you've got neutral statements and vague negative statements. You just kinda declare her bad and now are more sure on her than Pout.

You must have somehow missed my big long post about Kara and speed in which I argue for Kara being scum regardless of speed's alignment. The main point is what was the motivation for flooing speed, seems like scum trying to get info.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lunalee wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:06 pm Here is my gut-town "player salad." Based off what I've seen from these players, I'm town reading them, and wouldn't mind a lynch of anyone not on this list:
DharamaHelper
juliets
karavalenge
nutella
Quin
Sloonei
Timmer
There are accusations that Timmer's not actually a vigilante. Tell me your thoughts on this and generally why Timmer is a townread.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Also I recommend just taking your own skim through Kara's iso, I think they look pretty generally compatible with the previously confirmed scum.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:12 pm

You must have somehow missed my big long post about Kara and speed in which I argue for Kara being scum regardless of speed's alignment. The main point is what was the motivation for flooing speed, seems like scum trying to get info.
And yet Jay and Speed are dead, which implies the mafia neither killed no imperioed the vigilante. Wouldn't this imply that Kara is not scum?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:15 pm

And yet Jay and Speed are dead, which implies the mafia neither killed no imperioed the vigilante. Wouldn't this imply that Kara is not scum?
:shrug:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

You're not wrong but didn't you say you have no reads because you haven't read last day phase?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:13 pm
DharamaHelper
juliets
karavalenge
nutella
Quin
Sloonei
Timmer
There are accusations that Timmer's not actually a vigilante. Tell me your thoughts on this and generally why Timmer is a townread.
I’m still unclear on the order of events with timmer’s claim. He was both blocked and (allegedly) arresto’d by Quin night 1, then killed INH(?) Night 2, and has done no killing since then?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Maybe they wanted the vig to kill speed anyway. Again maybe to throw us off the trail especially if quin is innocent.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:17 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:15 pm

:shrug:
The way this works is that you're supposed to admit I'm right and change your opinion or you're supposed to tell me why I'm wrong and maintain yours.

Linki: There you go.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:17 pm

You're not wrong but didn't you say you have no reads because you haven't read last day phase?
Several days ago, yeah, and I said so while actively trying to develop my own reads. I’ve seen none of that from sprit.

Also I reserve the right to be as big a hypocrite as I want to be if I have an earnest suspicion.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:08 pm
DharamaHelper
juliets
karavalenge
nutella
Quin
Sloonei
Timmer
Why is Kara there

I somehow get quin and sloonei being on there but why kara
Kara feels genuine. He got frustrated at earlier suspicions, and wrote a long post about it that didn't seem like something a scum would write.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

DharamaHelper
juliets
karavalenge
nutella
Quin
Sloonei
Timmer
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't vigilantes usually align with town? Just the majority of scum kills early on happened during the night, which looks like the vig was on our side.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 376

Post by ColinIsCool »

If timmer isn’t the vig, why wouldn’t a real vig kill him for obviously lying/taking credit?
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

Kara is new to the syndicate, but actually knows speed irl. Makes since to me that he would pick speed to chat with.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Man I can't help but imagine both speed and jay tossing around in their graves screaming at us to just lunch quin
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:40 pm Man I can't help but imagine both speed and jay tossing around in their graves screaming at us to just lunch quin
No thanks. I packed my lunch today.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 182
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

This game got violent fast.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lunalee wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:34 pm
DharamaHelper
juliets
karavalenge
nutella
Quin
Sloonei
Timmer
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't vigilantes usually align with town? Just the majority of scum kills early on happened during the night, which looks like the vig was on our side.
They do. They also usually kill people and Timmer has not killed anyone or been nightkilled and there hasn't been an obviously misdirected vig kill either. It's Day 5. Timmer claimed iirc Day 2.
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:36 pm If timmer isn’t the vig, why wouldn’t a real vig kill him for obviously lying/taking credit?
1) Cause Timmer really is the vig.
2) Cause there's a high chance of multiple vigs and so the vig is hesitant to kill Timmer.
3) Cause there are more consensus scum out there than hunches Timmer is lying like LC and Speedzeye.

I personally can't tell you anything Timmer has done all game besides claim vig because I've just assumed Timmer is town for claiming vig. I get the feeling a lot of people have been doing the same.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

It occurs to me that it would be really stupid to falseclaim vigilante on D2 in a game where you expect there to be multiple vigilantes. Like asking to get shot. He's not even doing stuff like having the scum kill suspected players and claim that he killed them.

This is more likely a player not used to games with claiming/this much madness struggling with the mechanics (ie the correct time to claim vigilante in this setup) than a goon trying to set up a reason to not be suspected.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Hogwarts Mafia - Night 4

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:47 am 7 player poe
Chuck
Quin
Luna
Kara
Sprityo
Colin
Pou
:ponder:
To be continued.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 376

Post by ColinIsCool »

DharmaHelper, I know you've been persistently commenting about Owner lying/suspicions of them and Sloonei, etc. Why is your vote on Quin?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

@nutella I can only say I see a way that Quin is not bad. I can't guarantee it. And as long as I see that chance that he's not bad (and its not something all convoluted) I won't vote him because I don't see the rest of his behavior in a bad light.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm going to go ahead and vote spirityo but @Sloonei I'd still like to hear your additional thoughts.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1042

Post by DharmaHelper »

ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:36 pm DharmaHelper, I know you've been persistently commenting about Owner lying/suspicions of them and Sloonei, etc. Why is your vote on Quin?
I dunno.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 209

Post by timmer »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:17 pm
I’m still unclear on the order of events with timmer’s claim. He was both blocked and (allegedly) arresto’d by Quin night 1, then killed INH(?) Night 2, and has done no killing since then?
I haven't successfully killed a single person all game. INH wasn't me, there should be an even night version of me who handled that.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

I don't get this, or at least I don't get as a big enough reason to actually suspect someone.

I'm civ. I was trusting speedchuck. If I had floo powder, there is a good chance I'd have picked speed to chat with, as well. :shrug:
My siggie.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

timmer wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:21 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:17 pm
I haven't successfully killed a single person all game. INH wasn't me, there should be an even night version of me who handled that.
So who killed Nova night 1? I guess it's not worth worrying about but I had assumed it was you all this time.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
poutanko
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by poutanko »

Epi kill:
Juliet: Why did the maf kill Epi? That's so random.
Luna: Hey, maybe it's someone he sussed, let's take a look!

Jay kill:
Juliet & Luna: Let's talk about something else.

@juliets @Lunalee Why is this different treatment? What will be accomplished by talking about Epi kill? Why no one talk about Jay kill when:
>Jay is a big fish
>Speed watched Jay and LC visited him N1 (cop? block?)
>Jay survived until D4
>Suddenly killed N4
If talking about who's getting killed by scum could accomplish something, isn't talking about Jay kill will bear more fruit than Epi? You two talked about Epi but not about Jay. Why?
So tell me, where shall I go? To the left, where nothing's right? Or to the right, where nothing's left?
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

juliets wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:47 pm
So who killed Nova night 1? I guess it's not worth worrying about but I had assumed it was you all this time.
JJJ said he blocked me, though, and he was civ, so I doubt he was lying. And I never targeted Nova.
My siggie.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Because I can see exactly why Jay was killed. He was supatowning. Epi was not supatowning, he was in the background though he was participating. The Jay kill was not a surprise - the Epi kill was. I never said "let's talk about something else". I think it's good to look at who Jay suspected in the last day and night, I just haven't done it yet.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

juliets wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:57 pm Because I can see exactly why Jay was killed. He was supatowning. Epi was not supatowning, he was in the background though he was participating. The Jay kill was not a surprise - the Epi kill was. I never said "let's talk about something else". I think it's good to look at who Jay suspected in the last day and night, I just haven't done it yet.
Was not a surprise, yes. But why now? Why not earlier if he's a supatown? That timing alone is weird enough and should be talked :noble:
So tell me, where shall I go? To the left, where nothing's right? Or to the right, where nothing's left?
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Moved my vote to sloonei. The Owner suspicion has been there since day fucking 1, and Long Con SAVED Owner...
My siggie.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

timmer wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:56 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:47 pm
JJJ said he blocked me, though, and he was civ, so I doubt he was lying. And I never targeted Nova.
oh right I forgot Jay said that. Did you target someone else? You don't have to tell me who. If you did do you have any reason why they didn't die? If you are the odd night big I imagine they are blocking you ever odd night at this point but I don't get why they would do that night 1, unless they were just lucky.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

poutanko wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:00 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:57 pm Because I can see exactly why Jay was killed. He was supatowning. Epi was not supatowning, he was in the background though he was participating. The Jay kill was not a surprise - the Epi kill was. I never said "let's talk about something else". I think it's good to look at who Jay suspected in the last day and night, I just haven't done it yet.
Was not a surprise, yes. But why now? Why not earlier if he's a supatown? That timing alone is weird enough and should be talked :noble:
Well my guess is the other people they killed were higher priority though I don't know why Epi beat out Jay for being killed.

Gone to eat dinner, will be back.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

timmer wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:01 pm Moved my vote to sloonei. The Owner suspicion has been there since day fucking 1, and Long Con SAVED Owner...
Has anything happened since Day 1 that I can talk about? I’m not public enemy #1 or anything, but it’s irritating that there is a nagging suspicion about me which pre-exists my participation in the game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

Didn't Timmer claim to target Bullz N1?
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

poutanko wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:05 pm Didn't Timmer claim to target Bullz N1?
Yes, I tried to off Bullz night 1.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:04 pm
Has anything happened since Day 1 that I can talk about? I’m not public enemy #1 or anything, but it’s irritating that there is a nagging suspicion about me which pre-exists my participation in the game.
Long Con saved you in a lynch. You are one of three people from the one house where we haven't found a baddie yet. Owner's day 1 play was suspish. And you have kind of even-keeled/steady-as-she-goe'd since taking over, participating but not sticking your neck out. AndI didn't like the night action dump earlier, though that is more minor.
My siggie.
poutanko
The Mark

Post by poutanko »

timmer wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:06 pm
poutanko wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:05 pm Didn't Timmer claim to target Bullz N1?
Yes, I tried to off Bullz night 1.
@_@ so we have 2 odd night vigs or there's an SK (but write up indicated nothing). We had 2 kills N1, could it be another Hippo? But there are 3 N2 if it's Hippo.

Return to “Previous Jobs”