Dark Willow (h/n/d)
71%

Total votes: 17
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1001

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 1]

Post by MacDougall »

Guys I just woke up after having the most vivid dream that Enrique was Mafia.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Why is the timing of that holy shit. Guys it's a god damned sign.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 629
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Enrique wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:07 pm [VOTE: Enrique] aubergine
:suspish:
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 184

Post by timmer »

Thanks for coming out.
My siggie.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Enrique self voting was linki to my dream post. That's fucking wild.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm giving sincere consideration to trusting Mac's dream vision.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 94
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:58 pm I do not currently see myself voting for cbob.

sig may have thrust himself to the top of my list. His recent mix up between SVS and Luna is confusing and alarming, and a quick glance at his brief ISO raised a couple other smaller red flags. I'll share those in a separate post.
Nah how about we don't mislynch the guy.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 384
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off for him
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:22 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:58 pm I do not currently see myself voting for cbob.

sig may have thrust himself to the top of my list. His recent mix up between SVS and Luna is confusing and alarming, and a quick glance at his brief ISO raised a couple other smaller red flags. I'll share those in a separate post.
Nah how about we don't mislynch the guy.
I know that sig is the captain of mislynches, but I don't care about that right now. I think he's suspicious here. What makes you disagree?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 144

Post by Tranq »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:56 pm
sig wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:53 pm Okay so as I said I was skimming, I recalled someone say something about the SVS and Luna exchange and called them bloodthirsty.

Turns out it was you calling Luna bloodthirsty and I misremembered thinking it was SVS being called bloodthirsty.

I believed SVS was the one being overly aggressive and throwing a bad vote on Luna therefore she was being bloodthirsty.

All that basically happened here was that I misremembered who you called bloodthirsty and Said it was SVS instead of Luna which is my view. So basically I think SVS comes out looking worse for her vote then Luna does.

For DH who said I was waffling, that’s kinda true but it’s early in the game and I don’t have any solid reads so I’m throwing out what feels wrong from a gut perspective.
This doesn't answer things. Why do you think SVS was bloodthirsty? When did you develop this idea, and what caused you to express agreement with me?
SVS always plays a bit aggressive. Bloodthirsty isn't the word i'd use but it doesn't mean the exact opposite either. I can see why sig would assume that word was used to describe her playstyle.
Is this the point you have against sig? Walk me through it.

Also, if this isn't the first time SVS wakes up in the middle of the night bloodthirsty thinking about luna, we might have a bigger problem here :ninja:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 400

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:22 am
DharmaHelper wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:05 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:01 am
timmer wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:56 am Just reread it. You say you have a case but then the next sentences are all qualifiers and concerns about side angles which serve to weaken it. You spend more time on the side stuff that concern you about it than your actual suspicion. I don't know how else to explain your post to you, lol. I'm heading to bed, g'night. Hopefully you will see things clearly soon.
I said I have a suspicion, but that I also have reservations about the way Colin is being treated in the thread. If it’s messy, it’s because my thought process is unsettled. Because it’s Day 1. You’ve lamented yourself how difficult Day 1 often is. I wasn’t distracted from my suspicion on Colin. I was simply discussing it within the context of the game. I then laid out my case in another post shortly after, but you’re not looking at that because it’s not included in Epi’s (intentionally) bullshit case.
To what end do you think Epignosis has fabricated this case against you?
He does things like this often. I don't care to speculate on why I think he's doing this or what his motivations could be, but I've seen him employ fake reads as a civilian too many times to be upset by it. It's upsetting that you guys are listening to him though.

I can give evidence in support of my belief that he's full of bologna though. First, let's establish that Epignosis is not a frivolous mafia player. He is calculated and clever, and puts real, honest, sincere thought into the things that he does regardless of his alignment. Now let's look at the case that he made. It starts here:
Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:18 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:14 am
Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:10 am What mafia member says, "You know what? I'm going to plop a lazy third vote down on DDL early on in the day and draw attention to myself! That's a great idea!"

Lock civilian.
a careless one

this is not my primary concern about colin anyway.
You're the one who is bad.
Short, impulsive declaration of the read. Okay. Nothing too strong yet, but this isn't the most severe introduction to a case I've ever seen from him.
Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:23 am Sloonei is so bad.
This is where he starts to get a bit loosey goosey (read: not serious, frivolous). This type of post is more at home in Macdougall's ISO, not Epi's. He's just stirring a pot.
Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:23 am I am about to dismantle you in front of your peers. Are you ready?
Colorful and playful banter. Yeah, this is not serious business Epi.
Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:28 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:07 am I've added another town read to my list.

I have a genuine Day 1 suspicion of Colin, but am I little anxious about the ease with which his case gained momentum. His post about bandwagonining DDL is patented shady-nasty business, but I don't know how to feel about the seemingly exaggerated scrutiny it's received. Then again, there's also the fact that we have two scum teams. It's entirely possible for scum to pile on an easy bandwagon that ends up being correct. I'd like for Colin to say things. I'll lay out my own gripes against them so he has more variety to respond to. I was voting for Colin before it was cool, after all.
You qualified your suspicion of Colin as "genuine." If you are a civilian, what else could it be? Why is the adjective necessary?

I know people will roll their eyes, but someone literally did this in the Mafia Universe game I was in, and I backed off on it, and the mafia won.

Fuck that. Fuck adverbs and adjectives and adjuncts.

The bottom line is that you started out with telling us your suspicion of Colin is genuine, but then you talked about how anxious you feel about other people agreeing that he's bad.

After that you have to talk about two bad teams. Who the fuck cares?

Voting Sloonei.
This is the case. This is a very narrow-minded case from Epignosis. Yes, he picks at linguistic oddities from time to time, but that's the only typical Epignosis characteristic in this post. I believe he knows exactly what I meant when I qualified my Colin read. I also don't believe he's suspicious of a person for expressing reservations about a Day 1 read. Epignosis, serious Epignosis, understands that Day 1 reads are fluid, unsettled, and changing. He might have a little bit of suspicion against me. He does not have "Sloonei is so bad, I'm going to dismantle him" level of suspicion. Certainly not 24 hours into a game.
Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:38 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:33 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:07 am I've added another town read to my list.

I have a genuine Day 1 suspicion of Colin, but am I little anxious about the ease with which his case gained momentum. His post about bandwagonining DDL is patented shady-nasty business, but I don't know how to feel about the seemingly exaggerated scrutiny it's received. Then again, there's also the fact that we have two scum teams. It's entirely possible for scum to pile on an easy bandwagon that ends up being correct. I'd like for Colin to say things. I'll lay out my own gripes against them so he has more variety to respond to. I was voting for Colin before it was cool, after all.
You qualified your suspicion of Colin as "genuine." If you are a civilian, what else could it be? Why is the adjective necessary?

I know people will roll their eyes, but someone literally did this in the Mafia Universe game I was in, and I backed off on it, and the mafia won.

The bottom line is that you started out with telling us your suspicion of Colin is genuine, but then you talked about how anxious you feel about other people agreeing that he's bad.

Voting Sloonei.
"Genuine" because the first play in the Day 1 Sloonei playbook is to throw crap at the wall and see what sticks. Case in point: My Tranq vote which I just talked about in my previous post. Or, you know, any other game I've ever played on the Syndicate. I clarified that my Colin suspicion is genuine to iterate that this is more than just pot-stirring. My vote is on him because I actually find things he's said to be suspicious, not solely because I want to make people respond to my vote being on him.
If your suspicion of Colin was true, none of the red shit I highlighted would logically follow. If you truly believe Colin is bad you wouldn't care if other people think so too (in fact, you should welcome it), you wouldn't care how many teams there are (who gives a shit?) and you wouldn't care if bad guys lynch other bad guys.

You are bad. This is obvious to me.
The bullshit alarms are sounding all over this post, but I don't care. This post presents my read as if all Day 1 reads should be black and white. "If you believe Colin is bad you wouldn't care if other people think so too, as if everything that is happening here is in its own little vacuum and my read should be concretely settled because I believe in it. He then reaffirms how "obvious" it is that I am bad as if any of this stuff holds weight, or as if he'd really be so sure this early in a game. This is not a sincere case from Epginosis.

Epi is my strongest town read in the game.
:ponder:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

sig wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:53 pm Okay so as I said I was skimming, I recalled someone say something about the SVS and Luna exchange and called them bloodthirsty.

Turns out it was you calling Luna bloodthirsty and I misremembered thinking it was SVS being called bloodthirsty.

I believed SVS was the one being overly aggressive and throwing a bad vote on Luna therefore she was being bloodthirsty.

All that basically happened here was that I misremembered who you called bloodthirsty and Said it was SVS instead of Luna which is my view. So basically I think SVS comes out looking worse for her vote then Luna does.

For DH who said I was waffling, that’s kinda true but it’s early in the game and I don’t have any solid reads so I’m throwing out what feels wrong from a gut perspective.

See this makes perfect sense to me.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Tranq wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:30 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:56 pm

This doesn't answer things. Why do you think SVS was bloodthirsty? When did you develop this idea, and what caused you to express agreement with me?
SVS always plays a bit aggressive. Bloodthirsty isn't the word i'd use but it doesn't mean the exact opposite either. I can see why sig would assume that word was used to describe her playstyle.
Is this the point you have against sig? Walk me through it.

Also, if this isn't the first time SVS wakes up in the middle of the night bloodthirsty thinking about luna, we might have a bigger problem here :ninja:
I described Luna as bloodthirsty here for the way she pursued Colin. Sig then expresses unclear support of the notion here, and after clarifying it turns out his stance is actually opposite the one he thinks he's agreeing with, here. Timmer, juliets, and I have all asked for clarifications, but he hasn't really settled anything (for me, at least). I'm still unclear on what he sees in SVS that is being labeled as "bloodthirsty."

In my reading of this in which sig is bad, I see him as wanting to agree with a case that already exists, but he misunderstood the details and was caught making a phony accusation. Instead of trying to reverse course, which would probably be the shadiest thing possible, he's doubled down on the SVS and continued to insist on her, but hasn't provided an elaboration on why his read is what it is. I'm not sure why he thinks SVS looks worse than Luna in their exchange. I'm not sure if anyone else has that view either.

There are also some smaller pings I laid out in this post.

I can see an angle in which sig is town, but he hasn't provided any answers that I like so far. I remain open to other names as well, but sig is the player who I feel the most inclined to pressure at the moment.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:10 pm Guys I just woke up after having the most vivid dream that Enrique was Mafia.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:10 pm Why is the timing of that holy shit. Guys it's a god damned sign.

Lmao

Nah though
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I don't understand how I can be anybody's "strongest town read."
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I need to finish writing my paper so I can be done with school now. Leaving my vote on sig for the time being. I'll be back before the end of day. Keep saying things.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:19 pm I'm giving sincere consideration to trusting Mac's dream vision.
Enri's legit just give him a chance to get settled in
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:41 pm I don't understand how I can be anybody's "strongest town read."
;)
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:38 am together. one civ. they were one person all along
That explains why I smell.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:43 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:38 am together. one civ. they were one person all along
That explains why I smell.
[VOTE: Epignosis] aubergine
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 185

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:42 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:41 pm I don't understand how I can be anybody's "strongest town read."
;)
It's okay. Scum never townread the people that suspect them. :nicenod:
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:42 pm
;)
It's okay. Scum never townread the people that suspect them. :nicenod:
The latest in a peppering of odd comments from speedchuck and not the only one about alignment-meta-tendencies. I know you said you wouldn't have much time to play this weekend but the little content you have provided has been strange stuff like this and nothing really concrete. Are you saying you think sloonei is bad? Can you elaborate on your thoughts?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Also, some heads are fixing to roll around here.
The Panthers just lost to the Browns. :why:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:58 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:09 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:07 pm idk how I feel about Sloondog suspecting Luna for essentially having the same suspicion as him but with less waffling. I think a baddie would at least be cognizant of how hypocritical that looks.
Hypocrisy is a staple of thr civilian playbook :noble:
But self-aware-ness is a staple of the mafia playbook. :mafia:
I guess this is the other main comment I was referring to, and it also weirdly insinuates sloonei is bad in a removed sort of way.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:36 am #StopSuspectingPeopleForThinkingInShadesOfGrey2k19
It sounds like you have a personal stake in this movement. :meany:
nutella wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:23 am

Voting Sloonei.

HOT SAAUUUUCE
nutella wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:38 am
timmer wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:56 am Just reread it. You say you have a case but then the next sentences are all qualifiers and concerns about side angles which serve to weaken it. You spend more time on the side stuff that concern you about it than your actual suspicion. I don't know how else to explain your post to you, lol. I'm heading to bed, g'night. Hopefully you will see things clearly soon.
I said I have a suspicion, but that I also have reservations about the way Colin is being treated in the thread. If it’s messy, it’s because my thought process is unsettled. Because it’s Day 1. You’ve lamented yourself how difficult Day 1 often is. I wasn’t distracted from my suspicion on Colin. I was simply discussing it within the context of the game. I then laid out my case in another post shortly after, but you’re not looking at that because it’s not included in Epi’s (intentionally) bullshit case.
He does things like this often. I don't care to speculate on why I think he's doing this or what his motivations could be, but I've seen him employ fake reads as a civilian too many times to be upset by it. It's upsetting that you guys are listening to him though.

I can give evidence in support of my belief that he's full of bologna though. First, let's establish that Epignosis is not a frivolous mafia player. He is calculated and clever, and puts real, honest, sincere thought into the things that he does regardless of his alignment. Now let's look at the case that he made. It starts here:
Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:10 am What mafia member says, "You know what? I'm going to plop a lazy third vote down on DDL early on in the day and draw attention to myself! That's a great idea!"

Lock civilian.
a careless one

Short, impulsive declaration of the read. Okay. Nothing too strong yet, but this isn't the most severe introduction to a case I've ever seen from him.
This is where he starts to get a bit loosey goosey (read: not serious, frivolous). This type of post is more at home in Macdougall's ISO, not Epi's. He's just stirring a pot.
Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:23 am I am about to dismantle you in front of your peers. Are you ready?

Voting Sloonei.
This is the case. This is a very narrow-minded case from Epignosis. Yes, he picks at linguistic oddities from time to time, but that's the only typical Epignosis characteristic in this post. I believe he knows exactly what I meant when I qualified my Colin read. I also don't believe he's suspicious of a person for expressing reservations about a Day 1 read. Epignosis, serious Epignosis, understands that Day 1 reads are fluid, unsettled, and changing. He might have a little bit of suspicion against me. He does not have "Sloonei is so bad, I'm going to dismantle him" level of suspicion. Certainly not 24 hours into a game.

Voting Sloonei.
"Genuine" because the first play in the Day 1 Sloonei playbook is to throw crap at the wall and see what sticks. Case in point: My Tranq vote which I just talked about in my previous post. Or, you know, any other game I've ever played on the Syndicate. I clarified that my Colin suspicion is genuine to iterate that this is more than just pot-stirring. My vote is on him because I actually find things he's said to be suspicious, not solely because I want to make people respond to my vote being on him.
If your suspicion of Colin was true, none of the red shit I highlighted would logically follow. If you truly believe Colin is bad you wouldn't care if other people think so too (in fact, you should welcome it), you wouldn't care how many teams there are (who gives a shit?) and you wouldn't care if bad guys lynch other bad guys.

The bullshit alarms are sounding all over this post, but I don't care. This post presents my read as if all Day 1 reads should be black and white. "If you believe Colin is bad you wouldn't care if other people think so too, as if everything that is happening here is in its own little vacuum and my read should be concretely settled because I believe in it. He then reaffirms how "obvious" it is that I am bad as if any of this stuff holds weight, or as if he'd really be so sure this early in a game. This is not a sincere case from Epginosis.

This post deserves a gold fucking medal :clap: :clap: :clap:
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

So now I'm torn. Sig's explanation could clearly be the truth, it makes sense. Too much of this relies on finding a difference between the words bloodthirsty and aggressive, etc. However, I will note that sig used the word aggressive AFTER I did, so if he is bad it could be argued that he borrowed some of my language to help his defense?

The flip side is that sloonei seems to be pushing sig quite hard, more than the case seems to warrant, and I'm wondering if this is legit feeling or trying to deflect from dh's continued attention, as of course the clock is ticking.
My siggie.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:49 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:36 am #StopSuspectingPeopleForThinkingInShadesOfGrey2k19
It sounds like you have a personal stake in this movement. :meany:
nutella wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:23 am

Voting Sloonei.

HOT SAAUUUUCE
nutella wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:38 am

Lock civilian.
a careless one

Voting Sloonei.

Voting Sloonei.

This post deserves a gold fucking medal :clap: :clap: :clap:
Of course I do..??? Your point??
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

nutella wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:48 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:58 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:09 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:07 pm idk how I feel about Sloondog suspecting Luna for essentially having the same suspicion as him but with less waffling. I think a baddie would at least be cognizant of how hypocritical that looks.
Hypocrisy is a staple of thr civilian playbook :noble:
But self-aware-ness is a staple of the mafia playbook. :mafia:
I guess this is the other main comment I was referring to, and it also weirdly insinuates sloonei is bad in a removed sort of way.
Good catch, he's being kinda nudgy nudgy
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:47 pm Also, some heads are fixing to roll around here.
The Panthers just lost to the Browns. :why:
The ending to the Pats/Dolphins game has messed me up as well.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

nutella wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:04 pm
Tranq wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:07 am
nutella wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:02 am
Tranq wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:55 am Yeah i'm not feeling this Sloonei case. He reads civ to me. Also voting the top poster on Day 1 isn't a great idea.

G-Man is someone i want to hear more from today. I want to see how he responds to DDL and INH (maybe others?) calling him out.
I don't like this post
Why not?
Input on sloonei feels kinda fake and the G bit sounds like a forced attempt to change the topic to something, anything with a weird specific-but-vague reference to the callers-out.
How else would one word it? I had asked a G-Man question before and wanted to hear more. I'm happy with the post he made later.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:40 pm I described Luna as bloodthirsty here for the way she pursued Colin. Sig then expresses unclear support of the notion here, and after clarifying it turns out his stance is actually opposite the one he thinks he's agreeing with, here. Timmer, juliets, and I have all asked for clarifications, but he hasn't really settled anything (for me, at least). I'm still unclear on what he sees in SVS that is being labeled as "bloodthirsty."
Isn't he just using the word bloodthirsty to describe aggressiveness?
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:40 pmIn my reading of this in which sig is bad, I see him as wanting to agree with a case that already exists, but he misunderstood the details and was caught making a phony accusation. Instead of trying to reverse course, which would probably be the shadiest thing possible, he's doubled down on the SVS and continued to insist on her, but hasn't provided an elaboration on why his read is what it is. I'm not sure why he thinks SVS looks worse than Luna in their exchange. I'm not sure if anyone else has that view either.

There are also some smaller pings I laid out in this post.

I can see an angle in which sig is town, but he hasn't provided any answers that I like so far. I remain open to other names as well, but sig is the player who I feel the most inclined to pressure at the moment.
Ok i can see where you are coming from now but i don't think it's a strong enough case for me to vote on. Looks to me he's simply not paying enough attention yet.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:00 pm DrWilgy dropping a vote and peacing out is nothing new
As civ,mafia,both?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Tranq wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:08 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:00 pm DrWilgy dropping a vote and peacing out is nothing new
As civ,mafia,both?
Both, in my experience.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

If we’re all lukewarm at best on sig, how are we feeling about Colin? He’s been a suspect all day long, but other subjects have come up to block him from being the center of attention. Where do we all stand on him right now?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:15 pm If we’re all lukewarm at best on sig, how are we feeling about Colin? He’s been a suspect all day long, but other subjects have come up to block him from being the center of attention. Where do we all stand on him right now?
I thought you were heading off to write a paper? :ponder:

I see Colin has having a goofy kind of Day 1, which isn't alignment-y to me.
My siggie.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

timmer wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:19 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:15 pm If we’re all lukewarm at best on sig, how are we feeling about Colin? He’s been a suspect all day long, but other subjects have come up to block him from being the center of attention. Where do we all stand on him right now?
I thought you were heading off to write a paper? :ponder:

I see Colin has having a goofy kind of Day 1, which isn't alignment-y to me.
What are you, my advisor!?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 282

Post by S~V~S »

OK, I just got here and started reading back from the end, and I have not actually seen what sig said initially, but I have seen his explanation, and I get it.

Sig always finds me aggressive and somewhat attack-y, and to the best of my knowledge, Lunas meta is somewhat softer, so I can see sig thinking what he thought, especially since sig is known (or at least used to be known) for jumping to conclusions.

Not sure why a bad sig would make an obvious conflation like that.

I don't want sig to get lynched for something so ultra sig-gish that is not an unreasonable assumption to make on a quick read, that I was the aggressive one in a discussion of Luna and I.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

@Tranq, are you still feeling that Sloonei reads as civ? How do you feel about the posts last night by both DH and Epig ?
My siggie.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Tranq wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:08 pm
As civ,mafia,both?
Both but more recently as a civ.
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Lunalee »

juliets wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:30 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:41 pm Really feeling a Colin vote right now. Mostly for the way he hopped on DDL so early.
Luna, in this post you say "mostly" for the way he hopped on DDL so early. Are there other maybe more minor reasons you voted for him?
No, that was really it.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

tHEN WHY SAY MOSTLY?
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Oops, sorry, work computer always has caps on.
My siggie.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: lunalee] aubergine again. My sig suspicion was preceded by my luna suspicion. Let's not lose sight of her activity today.

now i'm working on my paper. don't let me back in this thread until it's done.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Tranq »

timmer wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:30 pm @Tranq, are you still feeling that Sloonei reads as civ? How do you feel about the posts last night by both DH and Epig ?
Sloonei so far yeah. I don't have time to go back and reread everything but i have no reason to suspect Epig and i'm not gonna bother with DH just yet.

Who would you vote for if you had to right now?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 382
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

nutella wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:41 pm
Tranq wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:26 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:20 pm
Tranq wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:15 pm
LoRab wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:27 am Can I suggest that we change the vote word from aubergine to something that is not one of the role names? I mean, if the point is to be easily searched, then it seems to me it would make it easier if it were a word that isn't likely to come up. Also, lol to the hosts for putting that in there. :suspish:
This aubergine thing sounds silly. Why is there a need to have a vote word?
Because since the poll itself no longer shows vote order some people may want to go back through the thread and track the vote order so the word aubergine was attached to in-thread votes (using the vote tags). That way you can search aubergine and bring up the votes and see the order.
Ok, i previewed a vote and see how it works now. I thought y'all were literally typing aubergine every time.
Still, looks like not everyone uses the vote tags so it doesn't really work imo. The whole thing looks ridiculous :p
Tbh I think it doesn't actually work lol. Since the word is part of the tag code it's not actually searchable text. So it's kinda pointless.
I never actually used them for FE cause they weren’t used consistently.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Tranq wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:50 pm
timmer wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:30 pm @Tranq, are you still feeling that Sloonei reads as civ? How do you feel about the posts last night by both DH and Epig ?
Sloonei so far yeah. I don't have time to go back and reread everything but i have no reason to suspect Epig and i'm not gonna bother with DH just yet.

I think Sloonei. This morning's posts backed me off a bit, but the last few hours have felt a bit like Sloonei NEEDS to feel like the thread is heading towards a different lynch, and we've gone sig-colin-luna in a real hurry.
My siggie.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:05 pm ***But I am not caught up so I might change my mind again :goofp:
So freaking relatable.

Getting a General town vibe from Nutella’s iso.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Also relatable. :grin:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:34 am
S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:18 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:08 am
colonialbob wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:33 am Jackofhearts2005-bydoobydoo, where are you? We have much to discuss
It's my daughter's fourth birthday today so I'm not going to be super active for the rest of the phase.

Would love to be atmentioned with cases and questions though.
When we had played in the past, I recall you as having a certain slightly mean edge to you when you were bad. I reread you (you have not said much) and am not seeing it at all here. You could have changed, I guess, but I think it looks like you are taking joke votes.
I’m sometimes a little mean to get what I want, usually when I’m town and utterly convinced I’m right or when I’m scum. You’re not going to see that D1 regardless and when I’m scum, you’ll see it more in late game.

Mac’s not joking. He’s doing that thing where he goes after someone hard early on but doesn’t put forth a convincing case. He often does this to actual mafia members and tends to not actually get a lynch. I’m not sure if the later thing is intentional. Not sure why Nutella is voting me but whatever.
Thanks for this, but in the game I am thinking of (maybe the crossover game we played?) I recall thinking you were bad your very first post. Maybe it was luck, lol.
Sloonei wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:19 pm I'm giving sincere consideration to trusting Mac's dream vision.
You are starting to seem a bit flail-y
timmer wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:42 pm tHEN WHY SAY MOSTLY?
Good question.

OK, I will be asleep when EOD rolls around. No one has told me I am wrong about Luna, so I am leaving my vote for now. I will pop back before I go to bed.

I wish Nutella would just tell me if all those posts she made at the start of the game were game relevant, or just inside jokes.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

timmer wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:54 pm
Tranq wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:50 pm
timmer wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:30 pm Tranq, are you still feeling that Sloonei reads as civ? How do you feel about the posts last night by both DH and Epig ?

I think Sloonei. This morning's posts backed me off a bit, but the last few hours have felt a bit like Sloonei NEEDS to feel like the thread is heading towards a different lynch, and we've gone sig-colin-luna in a real hurry.
Why would I want the thread toward my lynch in any scenario? I do feel the NEED to push the thread elsewhere because for me to enjoy and play this game I NEED to not be lynched.

I have more than double the posts of the next highest poster in this game despite my other commitments. I've tried to cast the widest net possible on Day 1, and I've emphasized the points which have struck me as pertinent or useful. Everyone else is and should be doing the same thing, I've just been more loudmouthed about it. Don't lynch me on Day 1 of this game. That's dumb.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

No, everyone should NOT be doing the same thing. Everyone else should be doing what works for them :disappoint:

Return to “Previous Jobs”