Total votes: 17
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Mafia: A World Asunder - GAME THREAD [Day 2]

Post by sprityo »

I agree with you Mac, SVS is starting to rub me the wrong way

Also who cares about info drops??? What good does it do me to withhold that information? Talking about it later like “oh yeah I saw colonel mustard in the dining hall with the candlestick” isn’t gonna help us 3 days from now
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

sprityo wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:23 pm I agree with you Mac, SVS is starting to rub me the wrong way

Also who cares about info drops??? What good does it do me to withhold that information? Talking about it later like “oh yeah I saw colonel mustard in the dining hall with the candlestick” isn’t gonna help us 3 days from now
sprityo, at our old sites, Lostpedia, The Piano, Revolution, we never allowed info drops in games so this is something relatively new for those of us who played at those sites.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 282

Post by S~V~S »

sprityo wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:23 pm I agree with you Mac, SVS is starting to rub me the wrong way

Nope sorry, I am not a baddie. I am town. And am I just rubbing you the wrong way, or do you actually think I am bad? Not necessarily the same thing. If you (or [mention]MacDougall[/mention] care to put up points, I would be happy to refute them :)

Because I am town.

And where I came from, info dumps without even putting the effort into making a case was considered bad form, although I realize and accept that that is no longer the case *HERE*, I still am not a fan. Since we have two people claiming info, and I trust Sloonei more than you, AND he put the effort into cases, I am entertaining his info rather than yours.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 629
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I don’t think sprityo is making his thing up, but I do think the information he has is ambiguous enough to leave room for doubt. Sabie seems to be gesturing toward DrWilgy as a baddie, and indepdent of sprit’s claim, I’d vote wilgy over sabie.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:12 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:09 pm @DharmaHelper when I re-read Luna I couldn't see what you did when you said "something's up with Luna". Did you say that because of her G-Man post? Or was it something else that you saw?
General vibe. I'm not seeing a smoking gun yet but I'm nervous about taking her off the table completely.
Do you still feel this way? I am not sure if I am not tinfoiling ( :cloud9: [mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention] ) on her, or not.

linki, I don't think he's making it up, it just seems ambiguous.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1004

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:35 pm
DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:12 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:09 pm @DharmaHelper when I re-read Luna I couldn't see what you did when you said "something's up with Luna". Did you say that because of her G-Man post? Or was it something else that you saw?
General vibe. I'm not seeing a smoking gun yet but I'm nervous about taking her off the table completely.
Do you still feel this way? I am not sure if I am not tinfoiling ( :cloud9: @Dragon D. Luffy ) on her, or not.

linki, I don't think he's making it up, it just seems ambiguous.
Yes.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

People are discussing the info dumping thing and Even just not having been here for awhile I feel like this info dumping thing is new. I always thought you had to make a case based on how people post and vote and all that and the info you got could help make your case without sharing it but I guess the rules kinda changed on that.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 348

Post by Enrique »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:33 pm I don’t think sprityo is making his thing up, but I do think the information he has is ambiguous enough to leave room for doubt. Sabie seems to be gesturing toward DrWilgy as a baddie, and indepdent of sprit’s claim, I’d vote wilgy over sabie.
This is more or less where I'm at, but if you search Wilgy's name in sabie's ISO the whole thing seems very opportunistic and I've seen Wilgy get lynched over shit like this enough times that I'd rather not.

I also take the old lady's message to mean there was a JB near sabie and not that it was her. Love to see Luna be immediately convinced though.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Trickster - Has an aura of three squares, within which any info that is given or received will be corrupted in the Trickster’s favour. When the Trickster kills, that kill can be forged. When the Trickster enters BTSC, it may be under any name.
There's also this.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 382
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

I’m not caught up but why are people voting Wilgy if he wasn’t on the watchlist and Gman if he was cleared by Luna?

Should we be voting Quin or one of the others I’ve forgotten?
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

I see a lot of complaining that I got lucky to get information, sorry to dissapoint everyone with being different and letting you know something helpful I guess :shrug:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Oh yeah or Sprityo?
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Enrique wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:42 pm
Trickster - Has an aura of three squares, within which any info that is given or received will be corrupted in the Trickster’s favour. When the Trickster kills, that kill can be forged. When the Trickster enters BTSC, it may be under any name.
There's also this.
You support my first theory then of trickster faking their own death?
Banners:
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:44 pm I’m not caught up but why are people voting Wilgy if he wasn’t on the watchlist and Gman if he was cleared by Luna?

You have to trust Luna for that to work, right? She was just either being real gullible or real shady, to my POV.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

sprityo wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:47 pm
There's also this.
I mean I don't think it's impossible but I'm not endorsing it here. Was the Trickster dead by the time you met that lady?
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sabie12 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:39 pm People are discussing the info dumping thing and Even just not having been here for awhile I feel like this info dumping thing is new. I always thought you had to make a case based on how people post and vote and all that and the info you got could help make your case without sharing it but I guess the rules kinda changed on that.
Info-dumping still varies from game to game on here. Sometimes it’s strictly forbidden, sometimes everything is fair game, and sometimes we’re in between. It’s definitely a trend of the last couppe years. A lot of us have migrated to the Syndicate from other mafia communities and brought some of the culture along with us.

Personally I prefer case-making and simple in-thread interactions, but if information exists and can be shared, that’s part of the game and I’m not gonna hide it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:47 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:44 pm I’m not caught up but why are people voting Wilgy if he wasn’t on the watchlist and Gman if he was cleared by Luna?

You have to trust Luna for that to work, right? She was just either being real gullible or real shady, to my POV.
You think she’s faking a cop (or whatever) claim on her hitman buddy? That will get her lynched when Gman flips bad.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]sabie12[/mention] what's your mafia background?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 171
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]also anyone who knows sabie[/mention]
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Enrique wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:49 pm
There's also this.
I mean I don't think it's impossible but I'm not endorsing it here. Was the Trickster dead by the time you met that lady?
Supposedly yes

This event happened during Day2
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Someone sum up the cases/trustfall for the watchlist from Sloonei kthnx.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:50 pm

You think she’s faking a cop (or whatever) claim on her hitman buddy? That will get her lynched when Gman flips bad.
She roleclaimed on Day 2?? I somehow missed that revelation.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:54 pm

She said she has "reason to believe" G-Man didn't kill nutella. Which doesn't make him innocent when there's at two mafia teams presumably with several members each, but that's still what she came out with and what Sloonei's list is about I think.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Enrique wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:56 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:54 pm

She said she has "reason to believe" G-Man didn't kill nutella. Which doesn't make him innocent when there's at two mafia teams presumably with several members each, but that's still what she came out with and what Sloonei's list is about I think.
Thank you, I did see that. I did not presume that "because I said so" cleared anyone, though, in Mafia. I thought Slooneis list might have had to do with something else, though, but it's only a guess.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

What about Quin, Qprityo and the other?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I’m not voting Gman.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 97
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

As has been said, it's a difference in culture. Some of us come from a culture where info dumping is either explicitly not allowed in games, or is generally considered bad form. So, even when we aceept that it is part of this culture, we still don't necessarily like it.
sprityo wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:45 pm I see a lot of complaining that I got lucky to get information, sorry to dissapoint everyone with being different and letting you know something helpful I guess :shrug:
As I asked above, do you know anything about the source of this information? Is the woman a force for good? Does her information come from hosts or from another player? Does she always tell the truth?

And why are you interpreting as necessarily being that sabie is bad, as opposed to sabie is physically adjacent to someone bad?
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:59 pm I have reason to believe that nutella was killed by one of the five players I ISO’d.
For those like me who keep going back and forth to remember who were the five:

Luna
Kyle
DDL
Quin
G-man

I'm okay with striking off G-Man from this specific thing.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 232

Post by Quin »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:52 pm @Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Where are you
im right here bby
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:52 pm @sabie12 what's your mafia background?
I joined in 2014 played some games stopped being active in 2016 had a brain tumor and dealt with that for awhile then came back. I don't really know what you want to know. I've played with a few people on here before.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Enrique wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:04 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:59 pm I have reason to believe that nutella was killed by one of the five players I ISO’d.

Luna
Kyle
DDL
Quin
G-man

Yeah there’s no way Luna claims this if Gman is the killer regardless of her alignment or his. He can be bad but he didn’t kill Nutella.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Luna
Kyle
DDL
Quin
G-man

why?

I am not swayed by luna’s vouching for him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:04 pm

Where are you
im right here bby
GTH reads on timmer and G-man, go!
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:05 pm

Luna
Kyle
DDL
Quin
G-man

Yeah there’s no way Luna claims this if Gman is the killer regardless of her alignment or his. He can be bad but he didn’t kill Nutella.
sure there is.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:05 pm

Luna
Kyle
DDL
Quin
G-man

why?

Why not?
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 97
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

I like this line of thinking from Enrique:
Enrique wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:49 pm
There's also this.
I'll be more explicit: How do you know you were talking to an old woman and not to the Trickster, appearing in a chat room as an old woman?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:03 pm Quin isn't responding today and I'm going to be busy this eve.

Voting doc Wilgy

Still want Quin's reaction to recent events.
My reaction is "this is unfortunate."

Ask me specific questions and I will give you specific answers.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:06 pm

Where are you
im right here bby
dey bad
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:07 pm

Luna
Kyle
DDL
Quin
G-man

why?

Why not?
:shrug: gut
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:08 pm

Where are you
im right here bby
dey bad
Both of them? Why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:10 pm

Where are you
im right here bby
dey bad
Both of them? Why?
You said it was a GTH. This is against the rules.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:09 pm

Luna
Kyle
DDL
Quin
G-man

why?

Why not?
#trustcops
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:03 pm

As has been said, it's a difference in culture. Some of us come from a culture where info dumping is either explicitly not allowed in games, or is generally considered bad form. So, even when we aceept that it is part of this culture, we still don't necessarily like it.
sprityo wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:45 pm I see a lot of complaining that I got lucky to get information, sorry to dissapoint everyone with being different and letting you know something helpful I guess :shrug:
As I asked above, do you know anything about the source of this information? Is the woman a force for good? Does her information come from hosts or from another player? Does she always tell the truth?

And why are you interpreting as necessarily being that sabie is bad, as opposed to sabie is physically adjacent to someone bad?
I think some games are designed more for discussing openly (or at least collaboratively with the BTSC rooms and all that), and this is one of them. I mean maybe not to the degree of telling everyone literally all I know and workshop it but at least to use information efficiently when there's so many more things going on than just the thread.

(speaking of this sort of design, [mention]insertnamehere[/mention] whats up)
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:10 pm

Where are you
im right here bby
dey bad
Both of them? Why?
It was. Now I'm pulling the gun away and asking why you said those words.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:12 pm

Where are you
im right here bby
dey bad
Both of them? Why?
Well I am running away with my fingers in my ears going nanananananananana
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1004

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'm gonna Vote Doc

Infodumps set aside, the legwork I did today makes me comfortable with this vote.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:10 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:09 pm

Luna
Kyle
DDL
Quin
G-man

why?

Why not?
#trustcops
To be clear, that wasn't a claim or a hint of any kind. I genuinely just don't rule out G-man based on intuition.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

ok. i'll be serious.

timmer is bad because i made a case on him day 1 and even if i don't believe in it anymore that still tilts the read.
g-man is bad because i agree with some early assessments of g-man making big posts that say nothing.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DharmaHelper wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:14 pm I'm gonna Vote Doc

Infodumps set aside, the legwork I did today makes me comfortable with this vote.
I am starting to lean toward this as well. The case is less yucky today.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:13 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:12 pm

im right here bby
dey bad
Both of them? Why?
Well I am running away with my fingers in my ears going nanananananananana
Then imma leave my vote right here. :suspish:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”