kneel4justice
No votes
Ace
No votes
BWT
No votes
SVS
11%
Trying to murder someone and failing. Repeatedly. Super awkward. (Host/deads/nons)
33%

Total votes: 9
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 68

Re: Cards Against Humanity [Day 1]

Post by Flyin' High »

John, why did you decide to switch your vote to Aces, specifically?

I sort of feel like john showing back up in the thread after voting himself and receiving a second vote is indicative of being told in BTSC to come back to the thread...but his self-vote post uses the phrasing "don't know who to vote for yet", so I'm unsure.
ImageImage

FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 59

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:Oh well, it won't be the first time I'm lynched on Day 1 and it probably won't be the last :sigh:
Appeals to emotion really work on me.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 80

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Oh well, it won't be the first time I'm lynched on Day 1 and it probably won't be the last :sigh:
I wasn't trying to dissuade you. Just expressing the frustration at how often I get lynched early in these games.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 125

Post by kneel4justice »

Epignosis wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
FZ. wrote:We tend to be quite aggressive from the get go where we come from. Some people say it backfires and we end up lynching civs. I disagree. Last game we played there, we were so close to lynching a baddie on the first day, only for someone to take their vote off at the last minute because they got scared it was a civ lynch. So I'm all for pushing people and questioning them from the start. I really don't see the point in talking if you do nothing but make sarcastic remarks. I'd rather just come back the next day.
If you just vote randomly, there's a higher chance of lynching a civ. I try to make my odds better. Sometimes it doesn't work, but then, I'm not doing any worse than lynching a civ randomly
To be fair, your day periods generally last 4-5 IRL days, so it lends itself to more discussion and, in turn, makes you more likely to nab a baddie on Day 1. Most of us are used to 48 hours at most, so generally we'll feel a bit differently about it than K-Siters will.

I agree on the voting randomly part though. I try to go for the person who I feel strongest about based on what happens in the thread on Day 1. I feel that's much
better than trying to roll the dice and hope you get lucky.
birdwithteeth11 wrote:I have to leave for work soon, and won't have time to check in before the deadline. I'm not very sure about anyone quite yet, and the only thing that's stuck out is John's self-vote. Instead, I'm going to try something I normally hate people doing because I feel like it: randomizing!

I did a 1-18 generator (in order of everyone's name in the lynch poll), and got #5, so Bass. Sorry man!
wut

Thank you for pointing this out.
I have been trying to decide between Llama and BWT. This is the second weird thing I have seen from BWT, he wasn't nervous and said we had plenty of time nearly 24 hours ago. I guess we always have plenty of time... to randomize.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Dom »

I initially found that inconsistency with BWT suspicious, but then I thought that a distracted BWT generally means a BWT without BTSC. :/
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Dom wrote:I initially found that inconsistency with BWT suspicious, but then I thought that a distracted BWT generally means a BWT without BTSC. :/
What's with all these uneasy faces? It comes across to me like you're trying hard to look like you don't know who to vote for when in reality you don't know because you don't want to come out looking bad.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Is it less than an hour until deadline?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

kneel4justice wrote:
Dom wrote:I initially found that inconsistency with BWT suspicious, but then I thought that a distracted BWT generally means a BWT without BTSC. :/
What's with all these uneasy faces? It comes across to me like you're trying hard to look like you don't know who to vote for when in reality you don't know because you don't want to come out looking bad.
Because this is the first day one in a while where absolutely nothing jumps at me and it bothers me.
Although, you and FZ have had an awful good time of picking everything I have to say apart.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Elohcin »

I voted INH. Yes, I am more of an observant player (at least in the beginning)...soon you all are just going to have to get over it. :p It doesn't make me a baddie!!
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote:Is it less than an hour until deadline?
Yes.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Especially since I used that smiley twice...
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

thellama73 wrote:
FZ. wrote:
I wasn't trying to dissuade you. Just expressing the frustration at how often I get lynched early in these games.
I don't think it has to be that way. I think if someone wants to survive they should fight harder. You are consistently doing things I find to be scummy behavior so for the time being, my vote is going on you.

Other people I am suspicious of ATM include BWT and my suspicion of Dom is growing.
I think it is very weird the way Epi is playing, yet getting no attention. Last game people said he is always very talkative, would it be suicidal to be quiet? Maybe. But I would have expected for him to get some attention by now from someone other than myself.

Also DH, you compared your style to FZ, yet you do not seem to be hunting IMO. That is very weird. I was looking forward to your style when you said she is more your type of player.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I'm gonna reread the thread. Hopefully something will stand out.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 81

Post by Mister Rearranger »

Where the f*ck do I start with this vote, I don't even...
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Dom wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
Because this is the first day one in a while where absolutely nothing jumps at me and it bothers me.
Although, you and FZ have had an awful good time of picking everything I have to say apart.

Um, what have I picked apart? I mentioned this and said you were fluffy. Barely picking apart.
And yes, you used the smiley twice. It is not all of that but more so the general vibe I feel you are trying to portray of not knowing what to do.
This post just feels like you're trying to make yourself look like a victim.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Dom wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
I have been enjoying myself, thanks :D
Seriously though, I'm less suspicious of you than I was before after your last posts today.

The only game I've seen Epi play, he was so aggressive. Is the way he's acting this game common for him?

And I could have sworn MP was playing. Oops.

@linki: haha, on both of us commenting on Epi. And interesting point you raise on DH
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

FZ. wrote: Seriously though, I'm less suspicious of you than I was before after your last posts today.
Really? Weird.
Today's posts are what I feel are the worst part. I didn't see what you saw before.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Mister Rearranger wrote:Where the f*ck do I start with this vote, I don't even...
What do you usually do on the first lynch? And what is different this game?

BWT actually just seemed like he was distracted. I'm not sure I'm bothered by him that much

@linki. K4j, Dom's confusion seems genuine to me. He is one of the few that is in fact questioning people, even though I don't agree with everything he says (just like he doesn't with mine). I can't really explain it, but my worries dropped....for now
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
johns2jj
Posts in topic: 20

Post by johns2jj »

Flyin' High wrote:John, why did you decide to switch your vote to Aces, specifically?

I sort of feel like john showing back up in the thread after voting himself and receiving a second vote is indicative of being told in BTSC to come back to the thread...but his self-vote post uses the phrasing "don't know who to vote for yet", so I'm unsure.
It is night here and I was relaxing watching a movie so I decided to come back to the thread and check on it. I chose aces because I don't think anyone else will vote him and I won't be partially responsible for a civ death.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

kneel4justice wrote: I don't think it has to be that way. I think if someone wants to survive they should fight harder. You are consistently doing things I find to be scummy behavior so for the time being, my vote is going on you.
How have I not fought? I have answered every suspicion leveled against me. What more can I do? I love this game, but one thing I hate about it is that the people who participate the most consistently get lynched first, while those who take the lazy approach and do nothing slide by without effort. You guys are new here, but anyone who has played with me in a few games can tell you how often I've been killed off early simply because my style is talkative, and yes, I find that frustrating. Who wouldn't?

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:
kneel4justice wrote: I don't think it has to be that way. I think if someone wants to survive they should fight harder. You are consistently doing things I find to be scummy behavior so for the time being, my vote is going on you.
How have I not fought? I have answered every suspicion leveled against me. What more can I do? I love this game, but one thing I hate about it is that the people who participate the most consistently get lynched first, while those who take the lazy approach and do nothing slide by without effort. You guys are new here, but anyone who has played with me in a few games can tell you how often I've been killed off early simply because my style is talkative, and yes, I find that frustrating. Who wouldn't?
Word to this. Just for that, I'm willing to vote for a low poster even if it gets me in trouble, because I hate that those who say nothing fly under the radar for so long. I think that even if a person is a baddie, he deserves a chance just for having the balls to be vocal.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

sorsha, rey....? you guys there?

I did a quick reread and noticed Sorsha hasn't posted in three days. Rey has been very non-talkative and when he does post it's fluff. Then, Sorsha asked about game mechanics, but didn't ever go past that in her posts. :hmm:
johns2jj
Posts in topic: 20

Post by johns2jj »

thellama73 wrote:
I can understand that. I was constantly thinking last game that of we killed everyone who talked a lot just how boring the game would be.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

thellama73 wrote:

I did not mean you were not trying and responding to things. What I am saying is that your post came across to me as giving up saying you're lynched on Day 1 often, and I just, at least as my townie persona, can not relate to that because I let myself get put in that position. It's not to say you aren't trying, that sounds rude when clearly you are here and participating. I really don't think I can believe you because you are literally saying the exact things that MP said to me last game and I fell for.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

FZ. wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Word to this. Just for that, I'm willing to vote for a low poster even if it gets me in trouble, because I hate that those who say nothing fly under the radar for so long. I think that even if a person is a baddie, he deserves a chance just for having the balls to be vocal.
But that kind of mindset does not win a game.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

kneel4justice wrote:
Dom wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:

Um, what have I picked apart? I mentioned this and said you were fluffy. Barely picking apart.
And yes, you used the smiley twice. It is not all of that but more so the general vibe I feel you are trying to portray of not knowing what to do.
Wow another post where I respond to your accusations and you find fault in that.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Dom wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
Dom wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:

Wow another post where I respond to your accusations and you find fault in that.
K.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 81

Post by Mister Rearranger »

FZ. wrote:
Mister Rearranger wrote:Where the f*ck do I start with this vote, I don't even...
What do you usually do on the first lynch?
Depends on how I'm feeling, tbh. :shrug:

Linki: I am used to Sorsha being more involved than this. I hope she is alright. Rey has been on-and off with posting frequency over the past few games I've played with him though.
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Dom wrote:sorsha, rey....? you guys there?

I did a quick reread and noticed Sorsha hasn't posted in three days. Rey has been very non-talkative and when he does post it's fluff. Then, Sorsha asked about game mechanics, but didn't ever go past that in her posts. :hmm:
Do they post more when they are civs in comparison to when baddies?

@linki: I know, Kitty, but I'm playing for fun as well as for the win, and if we all just lay low, we wouldn't enjoy the game. So why should the vocal people pay the price? This is something that pisses me every game, lol
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

FZ. wrote:

@linki: I know, Kitty, but I'm playing for fun as well as for the win, and if we all just lay low, we wouldn't enjoy the game. So why should the vocal people pay the price? This is something that pisses me every game, lol
I understand what you guys are saying but why should someone change the way they play. I mean if someone sits back and takes in stuff and picks his/her battles why should they get lynched just because they don't talk a lot.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I'm likely to vote for Sorsha.

K4J, I've seen him aggressive, but honestly, he is doing everything that he accuses other people of doing. He says I am twisting everything someone says into a statement that makes them seem bad. I see him doing this with almost every single one of my responses to him.

MR: I think Sorsha has been online, just not posting.

LINKI:
FZ-- I don't know their posting habits based on alignment, but I don't like how quiet, especially Sorsha is being. Also, there's a difference between giving the vocal players a chance on Day 1 and on Day 4 or 5 haha.

Bass, there's a difference between not posting a lot and not talking a lot. :)
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
FZ. wrote:

I understand what you guys are saying but why should someone change the way they play. I mean if someone sits back and takes in stuff and picks his/her battles why should they get lynched just because they don't talk a lot.
If someone barely talks, it makes it really hard to peg them. Not because they are amazing players, but because they are null to others. And then people end up having to choose between those who actually said something, because you can't decide on people who didn't say anything, that would be silly, right? So you vote for one of the vocals making their chance of being lynched unproportionally higher. Hence- not fair
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

But there's a difference between someone who doesn't post a lot and someone who doesn't post content.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Day one is always a hard vote for me so I'm just going to go with my gut and vote FZ
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I'm gonna vote Sorsha now. :) Wake up! Time to play! :D
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Dom wrote:I'm likely to vote for Sorsha.

K4J, I've seen him aggressive, but honestly, he is doing everything that he accuses other people of doing. He says I am twisting everything someone says into a statement that makes them seem bad. I see him doing this with almost every single one of my responses to him.

LINKI:
FZ-- I don't know their posting habits based on alignment, but I don't like how quiet, especially Sorsha is being. Also, there's a difference between giving the vocal players a chance on Day 1 and on Day 4 or 5 haha.

That was FZ who said something like that, which I don't even agree with.
All I said about you was that your confusion came across as suspicious because it felt kind of forced to me. Which I never stated I was confident in, just a feeling. Then you got over defensive and said I was at your throat for everything, which I wasn't and yes, that made me feel you were making yourself look like a victim, because I never did what you are acting like I have. Perhaps you are getting FZ and I confused.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

LINKI:

Actually, I think I was the one accusing you of twisting people's posts to make them look bad or something like that.

And I agree that there's a difference between doing it on day 1 or on day 5, which is why I'm willing to not vote for llama. But he has the most votes for now. I'm willing to vote Sorsha with you, but it won't be enough
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Day one is always a hard vote for me so I'm just going to go with my gut and vote FZ
Actually, I'm flattered, lol. I think people weren't even paying attention to me in the first two games. I don't think I ever got a vote. So I guess it means I'm not a newbie anymore :p
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 184

Post by S~V~S »

I think playing like that is not fair to others, but that's mi am voting for Llamas, out of everyone with votes, his vote most strikes me as opportunistic. Sorry if I am wrong.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Dom wrote:But there's a difference between someone who doesn't post a lot and someone who doesn't post content.
I understand what you are saying . I just think that everyone plays different and some people might be shy or whatever and shouldn't have to worry about posting a lot just so they don't get lynched.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 184

Post by S~V~S »

XD Wow linki, sitting in the parking lot at work. By playing like that I mean not posting or having opinions, etc.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Dang, I need to decide between llama and someone else who has at least one vote and has a chance of getting another. I have 10 minutes to do it

@linki. I'm guess I don't have to decide on llama anymore. If I was wrong about you llama, I truly am sorry. I feel like I was the one pushing for you.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

edit: I guess
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Oh I think people who don't post at all or post stuff that is out of left field are fair game.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Dom wrote:But there's a difference between someone who doesn't post a lot and someone who doesn't post content.
I understand what you are saying . I just think that everyone plays different and some people might be shy or whatever and shouldn't have to worry about posting a lot just so they don't get lynched.
By that same logic, I shouldn't have to alter my play style and become more quiet to avoid being lynched, but I do have to, although I can never actually bring myself to do it.

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I find it very weird that Epi hasn't even come in to vote. There are 7 people, not including myself, who haven't voted.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

thellama73 wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
By that same logic, I shouldn't have to alter my play style and become more quiet to avoid being lynched, but I do have to, although I can never actually bring myself to do it.
I didn't say you had to.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

kneel4justice wrote:

LINKI:

That was FZ who said something like that, which I don't even agree with.
All I said about you was that your confusion came across as suspicious because it felt kind of forced to me. Which I never stated I was confident in, just a feeling. Then you got over defensive and said I was at your throat for everything, which I wasn't and yes, that made me feel you were making yourself look like a victim, because I never did what you are acting like I have. Perhaps you are getting FZ and I confused.
I think I did mix up the reasons why you two suspected me. :)I thought it was the other way around.

That changes my view of you a bit. :blushing:

Yes, no Epi vote is a little strange. I'm not sure it speaks to his alignment, but it is strange nonetheless.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

FZ, do you think Llama will come up civvie?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Since it looks no one is going to come and vote, I might as well just vote for llama like I initially planned. If he comes out civ, it will tarnish my record of barely lynching civs :(

@linkin. I'm hoping not
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”