Popcorn munchers (host/dead/non)
50%

Total votes: 8
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 266

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [DAY 1]

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:27 pm The following players are in my town pile right now:
nova
dunya
Luna
Mac

While it’s too early to definitively remove anybody from my POE, if I work with that grouping then I’m dealing with the following pool of suspects:
Colin
juliets
Mongoose
MP
speedchuck

Three of those are mostly null reads. Mongoose has promised to catch up this afternoon and I look forward to hearing from her.

Colin has appeared in the thread, but his posts have mostly focused on dunya. I’d like to know what he thinks of everybody else now. @ColinIsCool
Why would you even be talking about POE yet when we haven't lynched anyone?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 479
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Mongoose wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:04 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:02 pm Have we played together before, Mongoose? I know I’ve seen you around the site plenty, but I don’t recall ever actually being in a game together.

And “Paddy’s Pub” is just a reference to the theme. That’s the name of the bar in It’s Always Sunny.

Hella linki
I thiiiiiiiiink so but I couldn’t tell you when. Did you used to play on Rev too? Either way it would have been literally three plus years.
I did not. I came over here from RYM about 4 years ago.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:05 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:27 pm The following players are in my town pile right now:
nova
dunya
Luna
Mac

While it’s too early to definitively remove anybody from my POE, if I work with that grouping then I’m dealing with the following pool of suspects:
Colin
juliets
Mongoose
MP
speedchuck

Three of those are mostly null reads. Mongoose has promised to catch up this afternoon and I look forward to hearing from her.

Colin has appeared in the thread, but his posts have mostly focused on dunya. I’d like to know what he thinks of everybody else now. ColinIsCool
Cuz I wanna win
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:34 pm I was the first one to draw a connection between your behavior here and your behavior in A World Asunder. Why is it a bad look for nova but not a bad look for me?
I looked again at your ISO and found it and you're right it's a bad look for both of you. But, there are posts of yours that I pointed out that I like whereas there is nothing he has said that makes me thing "hmm, town". So, he remains in one pile and you remain in the other.

linki: my posts are safe? I do think you are tunneling dunya
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Colin is Mafia. Sorry I called him town before because I shouldn't have. Lynch with enthusiasm please.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:06 pm
nova
dunya
Luna
Mac

Colin
juliets
Mongoose
MP
speedchuck

Colin has appeared in the thread, but his posts have mostly focused on dunya. I’d like to know what he thinks of everybody else now. ColinIsCool
Cuz I wanna win
Talking about townclearing players on day 1 who have done SFA to deserve it is not a winning strategy for a civilian (is for a Mafia though got eem).
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:06 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:34 pm I was the first one to draw a connection between your behavior here and your behavior in A World Asunder. Why is it a bad look for nova but not a bad look for me?
I looked again at your ISO and found it and you're right it's a bad look for both of you. But, there are posts of yours that I pointed out that I like whereas there is nothing he has said that makes me thing "hmm, town". So, he remains in one pile and you remain in the other.

But why is it a bad look? I am alluding to similarities that I have observed between your play here and a past scum performance of yours in which I correctly identified you as bad on Day 1. I don’t understand why you’d say that’s a bad look. I was not wrong the first time and, to my knowledge, you’ve not denied the similarities.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]ColinIsCool[/mention] I would love for you to provide me with an in depth analysis of [mention]novaselinenever[/mention] and vice versa please and thank you.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:09 pm
nova
dunya
Luna
Mac

Colin
juliets
Mongoose
MP
speedchuck

Cuz I wanna win
Talking about townclearing players on day 1 who have done SFA to deserve it is not a winning strategy for a civilian (is for a Mafia though got eem).
I’m not clearing anybody. I’m just identifying town reads. This is Mafia 101.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:10 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:09 pm
nova
dunya
Luna
Mac

Colin
juliets
Mongoose
MP
speedchuck

Cuz I wanna win
I’m not clearing anybody. I’m just identifying town reads. This is Mafia 101.
Yeah I suppose you are tough guy. Just don't be eliminating them via process just yet and we'll be fine see.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:09 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:06 pm

But why is it a bad look? I am alluding to similarities that I have observed between your play here and a past scum performance of yours in which I correctly identified you as bad on Day 1. I don’t understand why you’d say that’s a bad look. I was not wrong the first time and, to my knowledge, you’ve not denied the similarities.
I have denied the similarities. I have no idea what you are talking about in World Asunder. What was said and what did I start doing? It seems like something you're just throwing out there knowing it can't be verified.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Juliets do you want to help me find badderz?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:18 pm Juliets do you want to help me find badderz?
Yes.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 232
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Is ISO short for isolated posts or ‘in search of’?

Linki madness
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

juliets wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:19 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:18 pm Juliets do you want to help me find badderz?
Yes.
Skim the thread and look for people discouraging or disputing scum reads. Ie. people who have town reads too strong for day 1. Report back with findings.
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 72

Post by ColinIsCool »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:10 pm @ColinIsCool I would love for you to provide me with an in depth analysis of @novaselinenever and vice versa please and thank you.
Maybe
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:23 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:19 pm
Yes.
Skim the thread and look for people discouraging or disputing scum reads. Ie. people who have town reads too strong for day 1. Report back with findings.
Ok, I'm pretty sure I discouraged scum reading of you but I'll scan for others.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:25 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:10 pm @ColinIsCool I would love for you to provide me with an in depth analysis of @novaselinenever and vice versa please and thank you.
Maybe
:slick:
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Why all the cases on Colin? I needs someone to proffer items into evidence to substantiate this please. Okay seriously nail appt
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 72

Post by ColinIsCool »

Mongoose wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:30 pm Why all the cases on Colin? I needs someone to proffer items into evidence to substantiate this please. Okay seriously nail appt
Tbh I have to admit I’m struggling a little this time. My lack of scumreads is definitely a tell for mafia in an early phase but in my case I’m just illiterate
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Mongoose wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:30 pm Why all the cases on Colin? I needs someone to proffer items into evidence to substantiate this please. Okay seriously nail appt
:shrug:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Why all the cases on Colin?

Wild.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 14
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

i only want to play if I’m Frank
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]dunya[/mention] you focus on the chicks and I will focus on the dudes
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Welcome to the Turnto-Meter - In which I rank how turnt people are. The more turnt they are the more they are bad.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]ColinIsCool[/mention] after putting your posts through the Turntometer I rank you, Steve Carell means business.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]dunya[/mention] after putting your posts through the Turntometer I rank you, Steve Carell means business.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]juliets[/mention] you have scored "Steve Carell, ready to fucks".

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]Lunalee[/mention] means business.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]M Plus 7[/mention] is Steve Carell in a swag vest.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]Mongoose[/mention] means business.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]novaselinenever[/mention] means business.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] means business.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]speedchuck[/mention] also rocking a mad vest.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Game solved. Good game.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

So I went through the whole thread trying to identify where people discouraged Mafia reads and come back to here and see I've been rated "Steve Carrell ready to fucks". What does that mean?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

juliets wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:04 pm So I went through the whole thread trying to identify where people discouraged Mafia reads and come back to here and see I've been rated "Steve Carrell ready to fucks". What does that mean?
I'll explain that in due time. What did you find?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

"Sloonei, please tell us who you think has taken the fewest risks!"

Colin. Colin has been the safest player in the game.

"But what do you mean by 'safe'?"

Well I'll tell you! Colin's posts so far seem like he's making a strong effort not to ruffle any feathers. Observe:
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:23 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:54 pm [VOTE: Colin] aubergine
I think Sloonei is town based on his day 0 reads. But he oughta know better than this
"Sloonei is town, let's not fight."
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:26 am
dunya wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:30 pm I suspect Colin for not giving me a reason to town read him but I don't think his activity in games recently is alignment indicative.
It sure isn’t.
"You're right about me, let's not worry about it anymore."
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:31 am I don’t really have any suspects right now, but I do not think it’s Sloonei or juliets. Luna is probably good, I can buy that emulating Jay thing.
"I'm not ready to call anyone out."
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:04 am
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:37 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:31 am I don’t really have any suspects right now, but I do not think it’s Sloonei or juliets. Luna is probably good, I can buy that emulating Jay thing.
What do you think about Dunya?
Neutral. Dunya is very good at assuming a town-looking position when scum but I don’t have any particular reason to read her either way.
"I literally just offered a 'neutral' read on the most vocal player in the game."

Then after the extended argument about his past reads of dunya, wherein others have accused him of backpedaling (I can see it) he puts a jesting vote on her:
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:42 pm [VOTE: Dunya] aubergine

Let’s fucking DUEL my friend
He openly gives no impression that this vote is supposed to mean anything. Don't rock the boat.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:32 pm ColinIsCool — obvs fucking town
dunya — prob town
juliets — prob town
Lunalee — lean town
M Plus 7 — null, nothing, should be grilled if around
MacDougall — close to null, should be grilled
Mongoose — read authentic town earlier, but should be grilled
novaselinenever — read authentic town earlier but that Frank post is BS
Sloonei — town but I’m anti-authority
speedchuck — bye
"Literally none of you are bad. Also here's a reason for me to resist Sloonei's pressure while still maintaining a safe town read on him, 'kay?"
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:32 pm I’d lynch anybody tbh. I’m a big lynch hoor
"But also I'll lynch anybody."

These two posts combine to say absolutely nothing.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:06 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:34 pm It's weak stuff.
I’m bad at Mafia
This post is both false and a ready-made excuse for his shortcomings to be overlooked.

Colin's said nothing. His posts have routinely demonstrated a resistance to engage in real gameplay. Colin is playing it as safe as can be.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Now counterpoint, Colin as Mafia would be playing differently than this.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:08 pm Now counterpoint, Colin as Mafia would be playing differently than this.
What would he be doing?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I wouldn't dispute a Colin lynch right now. I can see him as a callous civilian or a bumbling Mafia. The question is which is more likely to be Colin? The bumbling Mafia caught day 1 or the civilian suffering from a case of "oh shit I do look bad"?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:09 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:08 pm Now counterpoint, Colin as Mafia would be playing differently than this.
What would he be doing?
Lol, being less caught.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]juliets[/mention] you read the thread right. What'd you find?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:05 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:04 pm So I went through the whole thread trying to identify where people discouraged Mafia reads and come back to here and see I've been rated "Steve Carrell ready to fucks". What does that mean?
I'll explain that in due time. What did you find?
I didn't find a whole lot of actually pushing against bad reads, and I was surprised by that. I didn't count people who had different reads than one another as pushing back:

- I pushed back several times at people reading you slightly bad.
- When you said "This is mafia" about Sloonei, nova said "I don't like this"
- dunya votes nova and Colin said "there are plenty of reasons to vote for someone at an early stage in Day 1 that don’t amount to “I want to Lynch you”. Gtfo with this."
- Sloonei pushed back at me for saying I suspected nova but I think it’s because I attributed something to nova that was also true of sloonei and had sorted sloonei as town.

One thing I didn't do the first time around (because I misunderstood your post) was look for town reads that seemed too strong for day 1. I'll go back and do that now.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I am finding A LOT of early posts calling people town. I am going to list those instances because that is the mission but I think some of the postings are just to get things rolling. I'll let you guys be the judge.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:11 pm I wouldn't dispute a Colin lynch right now. I can see him as a callous civilian or a bumbling Mafia. The question is which is more likely to be Colin? The bumbling Mafia caught day 1 or the civilian suffering from a case of "oh shit I do look bad"?
check ancient greece. colin fell there and was lynched. i don't remember exactly why now and how he reacted, ima go check.

he came across cheeky and a bit arrogant here; this is something i have grown to attribute to town colin. not sure if it was scum colin too.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:46 pm @dunya you focus on the chicks and I will focus on the dudes
i don't know. you think you suck at reading women but...i dunno.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine

hi replacement, how ya doing
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I found a pushback I left out inadvertently:
- dunya calls me bad for not digging, Colin asks her what I could have elaborated on

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i didn't want you to elaborate on anything for the record. i wanted you to ask others to elaborate on the reads that came out of their butts. ;)

Return to “Previous Heists”