Total votes: 8
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 479
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia [DAY 1]

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:02 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:39 pm Dry heaves aside, I'm not sure scum colin makes that post. I just think it's gross.
You've been coming back to "too scum to be scum" quite a few times this day phase.
This is the only time I recall making a statement along those lines
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 232

Post by dunya »

sloonei, maybe you missed my previous post. what about mongoose is town to you?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:04 pm Also let's not even get to that point
I’ve got no desire to go there yet. How do you feel about everybody?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 484

Post by novaselinenever »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:07 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:39 pm Dry heaves aside, I'm not sure scum colin makes that post. I just think it's gross.
You've been coming back to "too scum to be scum" quite a few times this day phase.
I think your view of Mac's posts is along them as well.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i agree with sloonei, though, no way would scum colin not stick a vote literally ANYWHERE but no lynch.

you also did that "too scummy to be scum" thing on mac, sloonei.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:08 pm sloonei, maybe you missed my previous post. what about mongoose is town to you?
Sincerity. While I don’t think she’s given a ton of reads, she has been an open and willing participant in conversations whenever she’s been around. I don’t feel like she’s hiding.

But she hasn’t shared many reads.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

but i don't think mac is acting scummy. scum mac just wouldn't keep contradicting himself and going back and forth on the same read. he might start doing it after this game to shit with us, but i wholly attribute that behavior to civ mac.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:12 pm
Meh. That was more “this is mac’s town meta” than “too scummy to be scum.”
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:10 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:04 pm Also let's not even get to that point
I have a reason to townread yourself, Dunya and Luna. I have nothing on MP, and I still await his promised arrival.

I have no reason to townread Colin, Sprit, Juliet, Mongoose and Mac. I feel the worse about the last 3 and would see myself lynching there.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:14 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:12 pm
Meh. That was more “this is mac’s town meta” than “too scummy to be scum.”
What is mac's scum meta?

I've looked up some of his games, and I wouldn't say this is town meta. He's a proud guy, and usually has convictions about those hot takes of his. He doesn't flip flop on them in the same phase, rather when there is a development (for example last game, he townread me D1 but after cbob flip immediately scum read me).

His game here is very much in vein with Buffy's side mission where he was scum.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:12 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:08 pm sloonei, maybe you missed my previous post. what about mongoose is town to you?
Sincerity. While I don’t think she’s given a ton of reads, she has been an open and willing participant in conversations whenever she’s been around. I don’t feel like she’s hiding.

she hasn't named 1 suspect.

do you attribute that behavior with town or scum? easy for scum to go naming and defending people by calling them town, since they literally are usually, harder for scum to build suspicion and cases against someone they think is bad. on the other hand, it's easier for a civilian to see motives and scum-like behavior in everyone but themselves, especially on day 1. i know i may seem hypocritical since i've town cleared so many, but i'm going to say mongoose is not that familiar with everyone else's playstyle (at least not recently) to be so on the fence and hesitant about calling ANY behavior scummy.

that's where my issue lies with her atm. i do agree she seems sincere, just as juliets was in her post voicing frustrations. but sincerity can be real in everything she's said, because she hasn't said any *lies*.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:17 pm

she hasn't named 1 suspect.

do you attribute that behavior with town or scum? easy for scum to go naming and defending people by calling them town, since they literally are usually, harder for scum to build suspicion and cases against someone they think is bad. on the other hand, it's easier for a civilian to see motives and scum-like behavior in everyone but themselves, especially on day 1. i know i may seem hypocritical since i've town cleared so many, but i'm going to say mongoose is not that familiar with everyone else's playstyle (at least not recently) to be so on the fence and hesitant about calling ANY behavior scummy.

that's where my issue lies with her atm. i do agree she seems sincere, just as juliets was in her post voicing frustrations. but sincerity can be real in everything she's said, because she hasn't said any *lies*.
I could attribute it to a town mongoose who doesn’t know most of us.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:14 pm
I have a reason to townread yourself, Dunya and Luna. I have nothing on MP, and I still await his promised arrival.

I have no reason to townread Colin, Sprit, Juliet, Mongoose and Mac. I feel the worse about the last 3 and would see myself lynching there.
what's your reason to townread luna? i recall you were suspecting her earlier this phase.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[VOTE: sprityo] aubergine
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]Mongoose[/mention], could you try to name 2-3 people you feel the worst about, even if you can't pinpoint why you feel that way about them right now?
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:20 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:14 pm

what's your reason to townread luna? i recall you were suspecting her earlier this phase.
Her effort to find fellow townies have been consistent and I think they're genuine. Her original thoughts of Mongoose echoed mine perfectly. That post was beautiful lol.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

To be clear, my town read on mongoose is not extremely strong. She’s either a civilian who doesn’t know most of the players in this game and thus is having a hard time arrivig at suspects, or she is scum taking advantage of the fact that most of the players don’t know her. It is Day 1 and I’m not confident enough one way or the other to make a firm decision on her. In the absence of a firm decision, I’ll treat her as a civilian to see what she does with that advantage.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:28 pm I don't recall ever getting a town read from Luna. She's always uneasy or unsure about me when I'm town 'cause I mess around. Funny thing is she read me as scum when she was a baddie in our last game together and she ended up getting lynched. Trying a new approach? :ponder:
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:29 pm I'll have to agree with Dunya also about Luna's read on her. That "Town shines brightly" is funny looking, and it looks like something right out of Jay's eloquent gut reads.
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:17 am Haven't really seen much from Luna since the early hours of D1 :ponder:
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:55 am
Lunalee wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:50 am
Lunalee wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:15 pm I'm adding nova to my town list:
dunya
novaselinenever
Updated town reads:
dunya
novaselinenever
Sloonei
juliets

Still a bit hesitant about voting Colin. He does look bad if you look at Sloonei's post analysis of him, but also I'm bad at reading Colin and literally just mis-lynched him in another game.

I'm between staying on Colin and switching to Mongoose. I want to trust dunya's hunch there.
What are your own original thoughts about Mongoose?
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:56 am Also what happened to your Mac vote? (If I'm not mistaken lol)

I thought you were with me there :pout:

i don't see anything in your post history re: Luna that indicates to me you see her in civ light. care to point me in that direction? that is a big red flag for me, considering tone and posts made everything seem you had her on your shitlist.

[VOTE: novaselinelover] aubergine
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:30 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:28 pm I don't recall ever getting a town read from Luna. She's always uneasy or unsure about me when I'm town 'cause I mess around. Funny thing is she read me as scum when she was a baddie in our last game together and she ended up getting lynched. Trying a new approach? :ponder:
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:29 pm I'll have to agree with Dunya also about Luna's read on her. That "Town shines brightly" is funny looking, and it looks like something right out of Jay's eloquent gut reads.
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:17 am Haven't really seen much from Luna since the early hours of D1 :ponder:
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:55 am
Lunalee wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:50 am
Lunalee wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:15 pm I'm adding nova to my town list:
dunya
novaselinenever
Updated town reads:
dunya
novaselinenever
Sloonei
juliets

Still a bit hesitant about voting Colin. He does look bad if you look at Sloonei's post analysis of him, but also I'm bad at reading Colin and literally just mis-lynched him in another game.

I'm between staying on Colin and switching to Mongoose. I want to trust dunya's hunch there.
What are your own original thoughts about Mongoose?
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:56 am Also what happened to your Mac vote? (If I'm not mistaken lol)

I thought you were with me there :pout:

i don't see anything in your post history re: Luna that indicates to me you see her in civ light. care to point me in that direction? that is a big red flag for me, considering tone and posts made everything seem you had her on your shitlist.

[VOTE: novaselinelover] aubergine
Didn't I just respond to you about it? :huh:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

that doesn't make me feel any better since i checked your iso for mentions of mongoose and you never indicated these "suspicions" that echoed luna's before either.
novaselinenever
Hitman

There's basically 2 days between the first two posts and the last two :workit:
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:34 pm that doesn't make me feel any better since i checked your iso for mentions of mongoose and you never indicated these "suspicions" that echoed luna's before either.
I'm pretty sure in my first 5 posts, I showed suspicions of Mongoose. Iso better.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

"what are your own original thoughts about mongoose" does not make me feel you "townread" luna.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:35 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:34 pm that doesn't make me feel any better since i checked your iso for mentions of mongoose and you never indicated these "suspicions" that echoed luna's before either.
I'm pretty sure in my first 5 posts, I showed suspicions of Mongoose. Iso better.
your suspicions were not "echoing" luna's. that's my point. you made a day 0 sassy post calling her check in "an appeal to history/emotions" in the same sassy way you told me i was "demotivating" the thread and called it a bad look.

weak.
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:35 pm "what are your own original thoughts about mongoose" does not make me feel you "townread" luna.
Of course, it doesn't. That's a fucking question.

Check her response to that question. Those thoughts are what make me townread her amongst other things, other things being her town hunting. Is that difficult to understand?
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 14
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

dunya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:15 pm
sprityo wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:01 pm Also I just LOVE the meta gaming Juliet’s used to lead into her “he posted one thing then left” type deal
what does "meta gaming" mean? not sure i understand context here.
Juliet’s using something not in the game thread aka

Using my NP blue text as evidence of something
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

quite difficult. if you suspect luna, why does her scum reading mongoose make you townread her? mongoose is not someone you've shown any inclination to lynch. i've tried a few times to get that lynch going, even this afternoon, and you didn't even comment on it. if you had those suspicions, why wouldn't you have.

my point is that i don't believe anything you're saying.
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:37 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:35 pm
your suspicions were not "echoing" luna's. that's my point. you made a day 0 sassy post calling her check in "an appeal to history/emotions" in the same sassy way you told me i was "demotivating" the thread and called it a bad look.

weak.
What was echoing Luna are my thoughts of her entire play and especially latest posts. Those suspicions or sassy post are mentioned to let you know that I suspected Mongoose.

My demotivating post was a joke, I mean there's a pun dog gif attached in spoiler.

What's weak is this pathetic attempt to scum read me lol.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

the pun dog gif was after i responded to you. there was no gif in your original demotivating post. to me, it reads exactly the same way as it does to your post directed towards mongoose.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I thought I had.

I feel Sloonei, Mac and Juliets are town.
Dunya and nova probably town
Colin is on border of town
Luna eep
MP and sprityo ??

Linki
Running out of time
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:41 pm What's weak is this pathetic attempt to scum read me lol.
:shrug:
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:41 pm quite difficult. if you suspect luna, why does her scum reading mongoose make you townread her? mongoose is not someone you've shown any inclination to lynch. i've tried a few times to get that lynch going, even this afternoon, and you didn't even comment on it. if you had those suspicions, why wouldn't you have.

my point is that i don't believe anything you're saying.
When did I suspect Luna lol? I've made some observations about some of her stuff, but I've never branded her a suspect or voted her. I also made observation about some of your stuff and some of Sloonei's stuff, yet you're saying that I suspect both of you.

I find it funny that you're grasping at the mongoose stuff yet ignoring the other reasons I town read her. Her suspicions of mongoose make me townread her because I vibe with her thoughts. They echo mine which makes me believe their genuine. That post of her is something I had in my head almost word for word. That's why I townread her for it. I can only one person, and the person I want lynched the most is Mac, that's what I'm working on.

Suit yourself.
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:43 pm the pun dog gif was after i responded to you. there was no gif in your original demotivating post. to me, it reads exactly the same way as it does to your post directed towards mongoose.
It ain't on me if you can't understand a joke. If the response contains a pun dog, it is quite obvious that I was joking to start with.
novaselinenever
Hitman

I almost logged off for the day earlier. Pheww
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:44 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:41 pm What's weak is this pathetic attempt to scum read me lol.
:shrug:
:workit:
novaselinenever
Hitman

Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:44 pm

I thought I had.

Luna eep
MP and sprityo ??

Linki
Running out of time
Who do you want to lynch if no lynch isn't an option?
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

sprityo wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:39 pm
sprityo wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:01 pm Also I just LOVE the meta gaming Juliet’s used to lead into her “he posted one thing then left” type deal

Does this mean she is using knowledge of someone from outside mafia to predict or interpret their behavior in mafia?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:23 am
dunya wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:18 am did mongoose forget this game was going on? :o

and did mp disappear into the voids of the earth again?

is speedchuck going to be replaced before eod?

stay tuned and all this and more will probably never be answered.
Demotivating us? Not a good look.
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:28 pm
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:34 pm Third time's the charm?
Appeal to history? Appeal to emotions?

Not a good look madam
one is clearly a joke, and one clearly isn't.

:stare:
novaselinenever
Hitman

dunya wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:48 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:23 am
dunya wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:18 am did mongoose forget this game was going on? :o

and did mp disappear into the voids of the earth again?

is speedchuck going to be replaced before eod?

stay tuned and all this and more will probably never be answered.
Demotivating us? Not a good look.
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:28 pm
Mongoose wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:34 pm Third time's the charm?
Appeal to history? Appeal to emotions?

Not a good look madam
one is clearly a joke, and one clearly isn't.

:stare:
One is followed by a pun dog, one isn't :stare:
novaselinenever
Hitman

Weak weak weak!
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:47 pm

I thought I had.

Luna eep
MP and sprityo ??

Linki
Running out of time
The person I feel the weakest about is Luna. But nothing brazen, ya know? I just find it hardest to read her. But I really empathize with that a lot since I’ve historically been hard to read, which I’ve been reticent to lead any charge (or follow anyone else’s) yet.

I’m off to another meeting, I should be able to check in one more time before the vote.

Dunya - I know I didn’t exactly answer your question the way you directed (pick two or three) but if what I replied to Sloonei with isn’t enough info, I’ll try to ameliorate that when I return
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I’m also going to try to reread Colin
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]Mongoose[/mention]: it's ok. i think i got the gist of your thought process from that, i don't need more elaboration for now. thanks for responding!
novaselinenever
Hitman

Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:54 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:47 pm

I thought I had.

Luna eep
MP and sprityo ??

Linki
Running out of time
The person I feel the weakest about is Luna. But nothing brazen, ya know? I just find it hardest to read her. But I really empathize with that a lot since I’ve historically been hard to read, which I’ve been reticent to lead any charge (or follow anyone else’s) yet.

I’m off to another meeting, I should be able to check in one more time before the vote.

Dunya - I know I didn’t exactly answer your question the way you directed (pick two or three) but if what I replied to Sloonei with isn’t enough info, I’ll try to ameliorate that when I return
Cool cool. I understand, I always have trouble to read her lol. I often scum read and the fact that she seems to roll Mafia more often that not doesn't help.

What is it exactly that make you feel uneasy about her, rather than just you not being able to read her?
novaselinenever
Hitman

I'll be unavailable for the next two hours. I'll hopefully show up a half an hour before EoD
novaselinenever
Hitman

Don't listen to Dunya, I'm good :noble:

Vote Mac, please. Thank you.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 266

Post by MacDougall »

Dumbass thinks I'm Mafia. News at 11.

Lynch spiritchuck or MP imo.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Mongoose wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:48 pm
sprityo wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:39 pm

Does this mean she is using knowledge of someone from outside mafia to predict or interpret their behavior in mafia?
I’m essence yeah
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:43 pm Dumbass thinks I'm Mafia. News at 11.

Lynch spiritchuck or MP imo.
I mean mac identifies as dumb on a regular basis :hug: but I mean I still love the guy

I’ll gladly be lynched to prove both A I’m not mafia, B don’t care, and C correct. (Again)
Banners:
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

sprityo wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:01 pm >be me
>enter heist thread because lol why not
>post sunny reference
>Juliets says it looks bad
>lolwut.jpg

This is going hilarious so far

Also I just LOVE the meta gaming Juliet’s used to lead into her “he posted one thing then left” type deal
What the heck is "meta gaming"? I haven't said anything about your meta.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”