Moderator: Community Team

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 645
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: World Flags Mafia [Day1] UNheard of Accusations

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If anyone expects "I'm going to shoot you" is going to change anything I am doing, go ahead and just spare me. I do not give a shit. If a civilian is silly enough to pop me that's on them. If a mafioso pops me then that's about typical.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 484
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:05 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:02 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:58 pm Jack, your goofy-ass conditional suspicion of me is extremely fake. You know how this works. Not buying it dude.
Lol. Pew pew puppo.
Explain why my assertion is so absurd that it cannot possibly come from a genuine hunt.
1) "Jack doesn't really suspect Dunya because even though he's very clearly going through the thread and replying to posts in order (as he does every single game regardless of alignment), maybe in this game he didn't do it for some reason and is trying to mislynch Dunya of all players because some other players suspect her. Also, maybe Jack is replying to posts quickly in chronological order so that people won't realize he's actually read more of the thread than he seems to have read." This is not a real thought. I'm sorry. This is just stupid.

2) "Jack is suspicious for making a single post and leaving" which is not a real thought based on *redacted for angleshooting.* You specifically don't think that I'm avoiding this thread because I'm scum.

3) "Jack suspecting me after I've made two nonsense accusations of him and after I've gone after two people who were going after Jack's top suspect is a fake suspicion." Yeah, no. It's not.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 409

Post by dunya »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:43 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:40 pm deal with it, nutella. this is new dunya mode. i wont be pressured into giving more than i can.
So my pressure vote failed. :sigh:
to be frank with you, i didn't even see it. you moved off me so fast, i feel like a hot potato. :p
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:06 pm If anyone expects "I'm going to shoot you" is going to change anything I am doing, go ahead and just spare me. I do not give a shit. If a civilian is silly enough to pop me that's on them. If a mafioso pops me then that's about typical.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i still want to know why jack reached the conclusion jay and me can't both be bad. because jay said "nutella". apparently that's the secret word to be town read.

lemme try it guys

[mention]nutella[/mention]

:p
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

if jack isn't lynched on tuesday (seems like a week away tbh), i'll shoot him for ya'll on wednesday. long-term plans, look mom, i'm adulting!
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:16 pm 1) "Jack doesn't really suspect Dunya because even though he's very clearly going through the thread and replying to posts in order (as he does every single game regardless of alignment), maybe in this game he didn't do it for some reason and is trying to mislynch Dunya of all players because some other players suspect her. Also, maybe Jack is replying to posts quickly in chronological order so that people won't realize he's actually read more of the thread than he seems to have read." This is not a real thought. I'm sorry. This is just stupid.
Yellow: Every time you say this it means less to me than it did the previous time. Completely meaningless tripe.

I have myself, more than once, read over a thread as a mafioso before jumping in for the chronological catch-up sequence so that I can better convey authenticity. That's not some crazy assertion. It's ordinary Mafia. You hanged onto Epi's "Jay wasn't really drunk" thing as if that has any meaning (more on that later), and then you gave dunya shit for something that nova and I had already stated. It could have been an independent thought, but for you to insist that any other consideration is "not a real thought" is itself total horseshit.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:16 pm2) "Jack is suspicious for making a single post and leaving" which is not a real thought based on *redacted for angleshooting.* You specifically don't think that I'm avoiding this thread because I'm scum.
I have no idea what you are referring to regarding the angleshooting. I don't care about that and have not revisited it. You seem to believe that your Day 1 play is 100% identical in every game you play regardless of all context or details, and it's a ridiculous mindset.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:16 pm3) "Jack suspecting me after I've made two nonsense accusations of him and after I've gone after two people who were going after Jack's top suspect is a fake suspicion." Yeah, no. It's not.
That's not what I said. Fake.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:49 pm Who the hell cares about the phases thing?

It’s not something scum lie about because it gives no advantage. Ergo, it’s true and nai.

It was funny but it’s not meaningful.
"Mafia don't lie about things which offer them no benefit."
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:50 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:27 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:38 pm Hi I’m Jay and I’m mildly inebriated
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:39 pm [VOTE: SLOOBER] aubergine
Not real drunk. Lies. Would vote.
Yeah, that does look kinda fake and the default Jack D1 vote is kinda tired at this point.
"Jay looks suspicious because his drunk looks fake"

:rolleyes:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:18 pm i still want to know why jack reached the conclusion jay and me can't both be bad. because jay said "nutella". apparently that's the secret word to be town read.

lemme try it guys

@nutella

You threw out some meh Nutella accusation and Jay tattled on you. I'm waffling on it now.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I struggle to believe that a civilian Jack responds to my suspicions of him with this kind of total reciprocation after I had correctly eviscerated him in Shockheaded Peter and he groaned for days about how "we always do this".

Bullshit city.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:24 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:18 pm i still want to know why jack reached the conclusion jay and me can't both be bad. because jay said "nutella". apparently that's the secret word to be town read.

lemme try it guys

@nutella

You threw out some meh Nutella accusation and Jay tattled on you. I'm waffling on it now.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

lemme try it guys

@nutella

I directed nutella's attention to dunya's accusation. Tattle what?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:22 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:16 pm 1) "Jack doesn't really suspect Dunya because even though he's very clearly going through the thread and replying to posts in order (as he does every single game regardless of alignment), maybe in this game he didn't do it for some reason and is trying to mislynch Dunya of all players because some other players suspect her. Also, maybe Jack is replying to posts quickly in chronological order so that people won't realize he's actually read more of the thread than he seems to have read." This is not a real thought. I'm sorry. This is just stupid.
Yellow: Every time you say this it means less to me than it did the previous time. Completely meaningless tripe.

I have myself, more than once, read over a thread as a mafioso before jumping in for the chronological catch-up sequence so that I can better convey authenticity. That's not some crazy assertion. It's ordinary Mafia. You hanged onto Epi's "Jay wasn't really drunk" thing as if that has any meaning (more on that later), and then you gave dunya shit for something that nova and I had already stated. It could have been an independent thought, but for you to insist that any other consideration is "not a real thought" is itself total horseshit.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:16 pm2) "Jack is suspicious for making a single post and leaving" which is not a real thought based on *redacted for angleshooting.* You specifically don't think that I'm avoiding this thread because I'm scum.
I have no idea what you are referring to regarding the angleshooting. I don't care about that and have not revisited it. You seem to believe that your Day 1 play is 100% identical in every game you play regardless of all context or details, and it's a ridiculous mindset.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:16 pm3) "Jack suspecting me after I've made two nonsense accusations of him and after I've gone after two people who were going after Jack's top suspect is a fake suspicion." Yeah, no. It's not.
You declaring it meaningless doesn't make it so. I can literally go to any game I've played on the Syndicate and find examples of me posting like this. It's how I play mafia. You're saying maybe I changed that up despite evidence to the contrary. Ignoring evidence that doesn't suit your narrative is scummy.

I don't believe you unless you don't know what angleshooting is.

Nah.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:29 pm

lemme try it guys

@nutella

I directed nutella's attention to dunya's accusation. Tattle what?
Wolf 1: Lame accusation of townie
Wolf 2: Hey townie, come rip this up

Not a thing that happens a lot.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

oh look! jack is giving us some meta horseshit! the same meta horseshit he used as an excuse to suspect me! i love that. it's so cute!
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

(it's not cute)

(i hate it)
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:30 pmYou declaring it meaningless doesn't make it so. I can literally go to any game I've played on the Syndicate and find examples of me posting like this. It's how I play mafia. You're saying maybe I changed that up despite evidence to the contrary. Ignoring evidence that doesn't suit your narrative is scummy.
There is no evidence. This is total garbage. I am talking about your strategic intention underlying your posts; that applies to any mafioso-Jack game. Insisting "I am on meta! This is me! I do things that I do!" does not mean a damned thing to me when we're talking about something that does nothing to make you look civilian.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:30 pmI don't believe you unless you don't know what angleshooting is.
I know what angleshooting is and I seriously have no idea what you're talking about.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:26 pm I struggle to believe that a civilian Jack responds to my suspicions of him with this kind of total reciprocation after I had correctly eviscerated him in Shockheaded Peter and he groaned for days about how "we always do this".

Bullshit city.
Unpack this. How should civvy Jack respond?

Cause townreading you, eyerolling and shooting you at night worked out pretty well for scum Jack in SHP.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:32 pm oh look! jack is giving us some meta horseshit! the same meta horseshit he used as an excuse to suspect me! i love that. it's so cute!
More negative language without context!

I can't wait until I get to the part where you quote a bunch of things I said cause maybe you'll have actual reasoning in that post instead of just calling things fake or yucky without explanation.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:34 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:26 pm I struggle to believe that a civilian Jack responds to my suspicions of him with this kind of total reciprocation after I had correctly eviscerated him in Shockheaded Peter and he groaned for days about how "we always do this".

Bullshit city.

Cause townreading you, eyerolling and shooting you at night worked out pretty well for scum Jack in SHP.
It didn't do anything to make me trust you then, but it absolutely helped you to win. I can't lynch you if I'm dead.

You're not asking questions. You're not exploring. You're not figuring out. You're trying your best to pick up all the poop I have thrown at you and then smear it back on me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

With over 24 hours having passed since the start of D1, I'll once again do the exercise where I look over the ISOs of everyone and determine if they look towny or scummy. This time, I won't say null unless a player has not posted at all. These might not be the most accurate (the last time I did this, only one out of my four scumreads was correct!) but the point is to create content and start discussion. For reference, I'll put a player's name in italics if I have played a game where they were town and bold if I have played a game where they were scum. Well, we have 19 people to get through, so let's go!

AudreyTheTattleTail - Once again, does not seem to have done anything, so completely null. Has anyone even mentioned her?

ColinIsCool - Hasn't done much. Doesn't seem to have many strong opinions here, and backed off of his dunya vote rather quickly after it proved unpopular. Scum lean.

DFaraday - Only three posts. Posted a couple of reads, but nothing majorly alignment indicative. Would be null, but since I'm forcing myself to choose, very slight scum lean I guess.

DragonDLuffy - Like DF, three posts, and not too much within those three posts. For the sake of consistency, very slight scum lean I guess.

dunya - Feeling more confident in calling her town. I don't think scum would give up like this this early in a day phase, and has started putting in some genuine effort.

Epignosis - Handled my pressure vote decently well, but was a bit quick to change his opinion on me... He's a bit hard to read, slight town I suppose.

Jackofhearts2005 - Town, but mostly because he is playing much differently than in the last game I was with him. He's getting heat for his dunya vote, but in Shockheaded Peter the first person he voted was one of his scumpartners. Of course, he probably would change his strategy a bit for his next game as scum, but it still feels quite unlike his first outing (that I was a witness of).

JaggedJimmyJay - After a brief period of inactivity, seems to be mostly back to his old self again. Town lean. Still, (and this goes for other people that I townread as well) it's a bit difficult since even scum can put in genuine efforts at scumhunting here.

leetic - Is a cool cat.

Long Con - Another do-nothinger, don't think I've played with him.

Lunalee - Only posted "Hi!" Did a bit more in Shockheaded Peter, so town lean I guess?

Macdougall - Very inactive for some reason, last game I played with him he was not like that at all. Scum lean.

Novaselinenever - Laying a bit low, more similar to his behavior in Community than in Shockheaded Peter. Scum lean.

nutella - Has a wagon on her. Nothing in her ISO really pinged me, but nothing looks really good either. Not too much in the way of content in her posts. Since I recall her having a bit more energy in Shockheaded Peter, slight scum lean.

poutanko - I know I said I wouldn't post null unless they post nothing, but given that her only posts are completely NAI and I have absolutely no experience with this person, I have no other choice in this case.

Quin - Nothing really in the way of content. Since I forced myself to not go null, I'll say slight scum lean for the weird "I think" comment.

sabie12 - Hasn't really posted many game-related things. I'll say a slight town lean since this is similar to her behavior in the other two games I played with her, but not really sure how she would act as scum.

Sloonei - Seems a bit null. Has a wagon around him for not doing much, but I'm not really seeing it - he didn't do much until his last moments in Shockheaded Peter and he was town there. Since I don't want to be agnostic about this, I'll say slight town for trying to get some work done.

speedchuck - Nothing really in the way of game-related content. Similar to how he started Shockheaded Peter, but with one difference - there he tried a fake push on nutella. Since there's nothing like that here, slight town lean.

ts account - At least seems to have been doing something, unlike quite a few people on this list - town lean.

Only took me about an hour! Main thing I learned is that a lot of people really need to be more active. I should really go to bed now.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

CONTEXT FOR [mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention]

JACK THINKS I'M USING UNCONVINCING META ARGUMENT HERE:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:40 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:42 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:39 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:37 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:35 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:30 pm Sloonei's crime is defending me in the face of DDL's/Epi's observations that I'm doing nothing when I had indeed done nothing other than vote for Sloonei.

He interfered with the sacred act of allowing me to answer for myself and absolved me before I even needed to.
Your answer does matter one way or the other to me. I know it’s gonna exist and I know essentially what it will say. I saw people talking about something and I had a position which countered theirs, so I stuck my pretty little nose in.
werd. let's lynch jay because he's trying to rile up our feathers and get us to react when all we wanna do is shoot people :p
Nothing better than a mafioso role card to help you slide comfortably into those "I don't care" pants. :biggrin:
this is bullcrap. when i'm a mafioso, i care too much ;)

i'm lebanon. i'll take care of me and only me. 3rd world country represent.
#justunconvincingmetathings

JACK SPENDS THE LAST 30 MINS ARGUING HIS META WITH JAY FOR A CIV READ

JACK IS BAD

IS THIS CONTEXT OKAY FOR YOU MR. JACK?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:33 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:30 pmYou declaring it meaningless doesn't make it so. I can literally go to any game I've played on the Syndicate and find examples of me posting like this. It's how I play mafia. You're saying maybe I changed that up despite evidence to the contrary. Ignoring evidence that doesn't suit your narrative is scummy.
There is no evidence. This is total garbage. I am talking about your strategic intention underlying your posts; that applies to any mafioso-Jack game. Insisting "I am on meta! This is me! I do things that I do!" does not mean a damned thing to me when we're talking about something that does nothing to make you look civilian.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:30 pmI don't believe you unless you don't know what angleshooting is.
I know what angleshooting is and I seriously have no idea what you're talking about.
It's in my isos. It's in all my isos. I read and reply to posts in chronological order when I'm catching up. You can see it. You choose to not believe it. I'm not sure why civvy Jay would choose to not believe this. I'm not saying doing this makes me a civ. I'm saying that doing this means my accusation of Dunya being scummy for calling Leetic suspicious and hoping someone else would take on that torch was an original thought. You're ignoring this so that you can call my accusation not original and therefore call my motives into question. It's not about me being a civ. It's about you lying to call me not a civ.

I don't believe you. :shrug2:
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

I guess Colin is my biggest scumlean here, so he can be the target of my next pressure vote. [VOTE: ColinIsCool] aubergine
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:39 pm CONTEXT FOR @Jackofhearts2005

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:30 pm Sloonei's crime is defending me in the face of DDL's/Epi's observations that I'm doing nothing when I had indeed done nothing other than vote for Sloonei.

He interfered with the sacred act of allowing me to answer for myself and absolved me before I even needed to.
Your answer does matter one way or the other to me. I know it’s gonna exist and I know essentially what it will say. I saw people talking about something and I had a position which countered theirs, so I stuck my pretty little nose in.
werd. let's lynch jay because he's trying to rile up our feathers and get us to react when all we wanna do is shoot people :p
Nothing better than a mafioso role card to help you slide comfortably into those "I don't care" pants. :biggrin:

JACK IS BAD

Two key differences.

1) You're saying you have this meta. I'm saying you can literally read me doing a thing in my iso. It's easy to say "I'm like this when I'm scum. I'm not like this. Therefore I'm town." That's nothing. What I'm doing is like referring to a voting record. It's a fracking fact.

2) You were looking for a townread. I'm pursuing a scumread on Jay.

(Audrey is great and all but her presence really underlines how much I curse.)
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:39 pm It's in my isos. It's in all my isos. I read and reply to posts in chronological order when I'm catching up. You can see it. You choose to not believe it. I'm not sure why civvy Jay would choose to not believe this. I'm not saying doing this makes me a civ. I'm saying that doing this means my accusation of Dunya being scummy for calling Leetic suspicious and hoping someone else would take on that torch was an original thought. You're ignoring this so that you can call my accusation not original and therefore call my motives into question. It's not about me being a civ. It's about you lying to call me not a civ.
It's about you insisting that irrelevant meta stuff should absolve you of my fury. This is not the first time I have heard you make arguments like this and then immediately discarded them into the nearest trash can. You tried it over and over in Shockheaded Peter.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:39 pmI don't believe you. :shrug2:
I don't even care what your read on me is. For the context of this sentence, I don't even care what my read on you is. I do not know what you are talking about. If answering that would require you to engage in angleshooting, then go ahead and don't. My crystal ball is not working right now.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]AudreyTheTattletail[/mention], I am sorry for my rotten language. Don't be like JaggedJimmyJay.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:39 pm
It's in my isos. It's in all my isos. I read and reply to posts in chronological order when I'm catching up. You can see it. You choose to not believe it. I'm not sure why civvy Jay would choose to not believe this. I'm not saying doing this makes me a civ. I'm saying that doing this means my accusation of Dunya being scummy for calling Leetic suspicious and hoping someone else would take on that torch was an original thought. You're ignoring this so that you can call my accusation not original and therefore call my motives into question. It's not about me being a civ. It's about you lying to call me not a civ.

i don't believe you. i really want to believe you (no i dont, i really don't want to believe you because i believe you're bullpooping all kinds of bullpoop), but i really don't believe you.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:36 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:34 pm

Bullshit city.

It didn't do anything to make me trust you then, but it absolutely helped you to win. I can't lynch you if I'm dead.

You're not asking questions. You're not exploring. You're not figuring out. You're trying your best to pick up all the poop I have thrown at you and then smear it back on me.
You did but I already knew you were town? I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

Cause I've got it all figured out. :noble:

Not really but uh...you're literally responding to a question I asked you.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:45 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:39 pm

i don't believe you. i really want to believe you (no i dont, i really don't want to believe you because i believe you're bullpooping all kinds of bullpoop), but i really don't believe you.
I'm gonna shoot you, wolf. Pewpewpewpew. :D
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:09 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:06 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:06 pm I have a good feeling about Epignosis. That's about it.
Tell me about dunya.
The fact that I have been wrong about her since I first met her has made me re-assess the way I perceive her, so I actually feel pretty decent about her right now.
Despite saying this, he still has his vote on dunya. Why? Also didn't I say something about going to bed or something
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jack, here's a response that I think would have been more persuasive to me:

"No Jay, that's wrong, that's dumb, shut up."

Instead I got:

"This is how I play in every game! This is what I always do! You're not allowed to read me as a mafioso when I do things that I say I always do!"

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:43 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:39 pm It's in my isos. It's in all my isos. I read and reply to posts in chronological order when I'm catching up. You can see it. You choose to not believe it. I'm not sure why civvy Jay would choose to not believe this. I'm not saying doing this makes me a civ. I'm saying that doing this means my accusation of Dunya being scummy for calling Leetic suspicious and hoping someone else would take on that torch was an original thought. You're ignoring this so that you can call my accusation not original and therefore call my motives into question. It's not about me being a civ. It's about you lying to call me not a civ.
It's about you insisting that irrelevant meta stuff should absolve you of my fury. This is not the first time I have heard you make arguments like this and then immediately discarded them into the nearest trash can. You tried it over and over in Shockheaded Peter.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:39 pmI don't believe you. :shrug2:
I don't even care what your read on me is. For the context of this sentence, I don't even care what my read on you is. I do not know what you are talking about. If answering that would require you to engage in angleshooting, then go ahead and don't. My crystal ball is not working right now.
You and I both know I'm not talking about irrelevant meta shit. I'm literally doing a thing (responding to posts in chronological order) and you can literally see me doing it in my iso. You're accusation is "Maybe, I can ignore this fact and say Jack is not doing a thing he's clearly doing."

Why would civvy Jay do this?

I don't think he would.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:47 pm Jack, here's a response that I think would have been more persuasive to me:

"No Jay, that's wrong, that's dumb, shut up."

Instead I got:

"This is how I play in every game! This is what I always do! You're not allowed to read me as a mafioso when I do things that I say I always do!"
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:16 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:58 pm Jack, your goofy-ass conditional suspicion of me is extremely fake. You know how this works. Not buying it dude.
Lol. Pew pew puppo.
Explain why my assertion is so absurd that it cannot possibly come from a genuine hunt.
1) "Jack doesn't really suspect Dunya because even though he's very clearly going through the thread and replying to posts in order (as he does every single game regardless of alignment), maybe in this game he didn't do it for some reason and is trying to mislynch Dunya of all players because some other players suspect her. Also, maybe Jack is replying to posts quickly in chronological order so that people won't realize he's actually read more of the thread than he seems to have read." This is not a real thought. I'm sorry. This is just stupid.

2) "Jack is suspicious for making a single post and leaving" which is not a real thought based on *redacted for angleshooting.* You specifically don't think that I'm avoiding this thread because I'm scum.

3) "Jack suspecting me after I've made two nonsense accusations of him and after I've gone after two people who were going after Jack's top suspect is a fake suspicion." Yeah, no. It's not.
Pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:42 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:39 pm CONTEXT FOR Jackofhearts2005

JACK IS BAD

Two key differences.

1) You're saying you have this meta. I'm saying you can literally read me doing a thing in my iso. It's easy to say "I'm like this when I'm scum. I'm not like this. Therefore I'm town." That's nothing. What I'm doing is like referring to a voting record. It's a fracking fact.

1. bullpoop. you're using your meta to get townread. I DO THIS EVERY GAME REGARDLESS OF ALIGNMENT 100% is such a pile of baloney i can't even stomach it man.

2. i literally am not. i literally repeatedly told jay i don't give 2 poops if he scum reads me. i DO NOT CARE for a townread. i was just making an amused observation, had i rolled scum and had a smaller team of 2 counting on me, i'd have felt more pressure to bring my a game. oh...this is me using meta again. no, it's not. it's me talking about myself. eat it up. spit it out.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:48 pm You and I both know I'm not talking about irrelevant meta shit. I'm literally doing a thing (responding to posts in chronological order) and you can literally see me doing it in my iso. You're accusation is "Maybe, I can ignore this fact and say Jack is not doing a thing he's clearly doing."
JFC.

You don't know what the word "clearly" means. Timestamps don't make you a civilian. What even is this conversation?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:24 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:49 pm Who the hell cares about the phases thing?

It’s not something scum lie about because it gives no advantage. Ergo, it’s true and nai.

It was funny but it’s not meaningful.
"Mafia don't lie about things which offer them no benefit."
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:50 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:27 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:38 pm Hi I’m Jay and I’m mildly inebriated
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:39 pm [VOTE: SLOOBER] aubergine
Not real drunk. Lies. Would vote.
Yeah, that does look kinda fake and the default Jack D1 vote is kinda tired at this point.
"Jay looks suspicious because his drunk looks fake"

:rolleyes:
This is kinda fair but w/e.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:49 pm

Are you kidding me?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:43 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:37 pm

Gimme reads on those people.
It is not out of character for DDL to make an observation like that. I don’t object to him bringing it up, I just don’t think it indicates anything about your alignment in this game.

Leetic has only played a couple of games with you (to my knowledge), so I similarly don’t think it’s outrageous for him to take notice of your uninvolvement. But I suppose it could also just be an easy thing for bad leetic to do early on to engage himself.
Tbh I wasn't trying to deduce alignment from that. It was a half-jest post.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:50 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:42 pm
dunya wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:39 pm CONTEXT FOR Jackofhearts2005

JACK IS BAD

Two key differences.

1. bullpoop. you're using your meta to get townread. I DO THIS EVERY GAME REGARDLESS OF ALIGNMENT 100% is such a pile of baloney i can't even stomach it man.

2. i literally am not. i literally repeatedly told jay i don't give 2 poops if he scum reads me. i DO NOT CARE for a townread. i was just making an amused observation, had i rolled scum and had a smaller team of 2 counting on me, i'd have felt more pressure to bring my a game. oh...this is me using meta again. no, it's not. it's me talking about myself. eat it up. spit it out.
1. It's not my meta. It's. In. My. ISO. In. This. Game. Do I need to freaking quote myself responding to posts in order?

2. I don't believe you when you say you don't care about Jay's reads. Unless you're scum together. :slick:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'll allow Jack to have the last word in this exchange if he wants it. I don't intend to devour more thread space with the combat at this time. Everyone else needs to say things.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:51 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:49 pm

Are you kidding me?
:noble:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:54 pm I'll allow Jack to have the last word in this exchange if he wants it. I don't intend to devour more thread space with the combat at this time. Everyone else needs to say things.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:53 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:51 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:47 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:43 pm Dunya has big teeth, eyes, blows down houses, etc.
I suspect dunya too, you fart. Colin's vote is independently poop.
Why? Looked fine to me.
It was placed with no relevance to the content of this game and instead served to play to a semi-inside joke. It bores me.
This is a normal thing to do in RVS for either alignment. Why is it scum indicative to you?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:16 pm
Lol. Pew pew puppo.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:30 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:22 pm

You declaring it meaningless doesn't make it so. I can literally go to any game I've played on the Syndicate and find examples of me posting like this. It's how I play mafia. You're saying maybe I changed that up despite evidence to the contrary. Ignoring evidence that doesn't suit your narrative is scummy.

I don't believe you unless you don't know what angleshooting is.

Nah.
TIMES JACK HAS USED HIS META TO TRY AND TOWNCLEAR HIMSELF: EXHIBIT A AND B

THANK YOU FOR PLAYING THIS ROUND OF CATCH THE POOP
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:57 pm This is a normal thing to do in RVS for either alignment. Why is it scum indicative to you?
I am unwilling to call that "normal", and I really don't care anyway. There's no pressure in a vote that is clearly made as a joke. It's nothing.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

IF I TYPE IN ALL CAPS LONG ENOUGH, MAYBE PEOPLE WILL IGNORE MY FANGS AND THE FUR ALL OVER MY BODY!

-Dunya, probably
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:59 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:57 pm This is a normal thing to do in RVS for either alignment. Why is it scum indicative to you?
I am unwilling to call that "normal", and I really don't care anyway. There's no pressure in a vote that is clearly made as a joke. It's nothing.
But why is it scummy?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

caps lock dunya is absolutely ace

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:39 pm
dunya wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:58 pm
sabie12 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:56 pm This game is a little different than usual, but I didn't think the rules were too bad to read through. I do agree that I thought the days were going to be shorter but eh oh well. And nova always messing with me about my intro post :p
I made a full commitment to shit post my way through this game and see how it feels. I intend to honor that commitment as respect for the host.
Dunya is probably scum.
I call this strategy “The JaggedJimmyJay.”
But seriously, this post is pretty yuck.
If this game had a jester it would be dunya.

It doesn't have a jester, though. So she's probably civ.

Return to “Previous Jobs”