No votes
Host fail! (host, non, deadies)
50%

Total votes: 6
Vloddamick
Posts in topic: 18

Re: Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band [Day 1]

Post by Vloddamick »

All she wanted was to have a good time, Why do the good die young?!

I'll only be able to post in the very early morning most days so there's that. and since I don't have anything to go on for this first vote, Ill just randomize my choice... totally random, nothing unrandom about my choice.
chaindeath
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 32

Post by chaindeath »

:blush: "Sorry friends." Said chaindeath, as his face blushed. He didn't mean to not put his vote in, fools mistake.
With enough bullets, you can solve anything.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 46

Post by S~V~S »

So now we're waiting on Conor and Bambi?

I can vote from phone later, and will. I am a bit pinged by chaindeath saying he would be voting early since he would not be able to be back, then once his vote being cast was mentioned, he shows up to cast it.

Also the No U-ey pseudo randomness of Vlods vote catches my eye a bit. But yeah, it has been quiet.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Flyin' High »

S~V~S wrote:So now we're waiting on Conor and Bambi?

I can vote from phone later, and will. I am a bit pinged by chaindeath saying he would be voting early since he would not be able to be back, then once his vote being cast was mentioned, he shows up to cast it.

Also the No U-ey pseudo randomness of Vlods vote catches my eye a bit. But yeah, it has been quiet.
I second this re: chaindeath. I might vote his way today if nothing better comes up.

Vlod is this your first mafia game?

@BF: Chaindeath posts in the 3rd person. :biggrin: Totally normal behavior for him.
ImageImage

Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 73
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

chaindeath wrote::blush: "Sorry friends." Said chaindeath, as his face blushed. He didn't mean to not put his vote in, fools mistake.
Umm...Yea. Thought you couldn't get back? :|
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Draconus »

I am going to vote the Great Bambi with nothing to go on but his silence.

I am going to try and participate as much as possible but we have been slammed at work with the loss of one of our fellow clerks :WTF:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Does anyone know if this is the first game for these two?
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 11

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Yeah, I don't like how chaindeath said he might not be around later, but shows up later to actually vote in the poll. Also, something about the way Vlod worded his random vote doesn't sit well with me at all.

As for Conor and Bambi, I'm not sure about Bambi, but I do know this is Conor's first game unless he played Avant Mafia 1 on PA. And I'm pretty sure he didn't.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

S~V~S wrote:RIP Daisy :(

Luckily your Doppelganger is here to run the game for you :wine:

OK~
AceofSpaces (m) AKA Aces
birdwithteeth (m) AKA bwt
blindfaeth (m) AKA bf
Chaindeath (m)
Conor Fynes (m) Has not checked in
Devin The Omniscient (m)
DFaraday (m) AKA DF
DharmaHelper (m) AKA DH
Flyin' High (f) AKA FH
Kate (f)
LittleTiger (f) AKA LT
Roxy (f)
S~V~S (f)
The Great Bambi (m) Has not checked in
Vloddamick (m) Has not checked in
Vompatti (m) AKA Vomp(s)
Did anyone screencap the poll? It never works for me, I don;'t bother trying any more, lol.

@Daisy~ are we allowed to discuss prizes, specifically if we did or did not get one?
Are you suggesting we vote for those who have not shown up? I'm curious because you post the list of names, seemingly to point out who hasn't checked in but made no comment about it.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 39

Post by DharmaHelper »

Voted for FH. Nothing entirely concrete but a minor ping I'd be glad to explain if asked.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Haha, well since you said I could ask, care to explain your minor ping? I'd be happy to address it.
ImageImage

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Chaindeath said he wouldn't check back in, not that he couldn't. The general feel I got from your and SVS's posts were that you were under the impression that he couldn't check back and when he did it was odd.

So based on that I am forced to consider that you wanted an easy Day 1 pick and picked chaindeath without considering the specifics of "can't" vs "won't".

Again, minor ping.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

chaindeath wrote:Chaindeath is sorry to say that he will have to pick a random target for today, as he will be going to sleep andwill not check this until tomorrow after the poll has ended. He rolled three six sided dice and came up with eight, eight on the list is DH. He requests that you don't decide to lynch him for randomizing this kill. :shrug:
Whether he couldn't or wouldn't, imo, is irrelevant. He was voting early because he was not going to be here this morning. The thing that comes to mind to me is that someone alerted him to the fact that he didn't vote in the poll, so he came back to do so. Otherwise, why did he come back when he said he would not, not to mention, if he could in fact come back (despite the fact that he said he wouldn't) why did he say he wouldn't in the first place?
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Now that I have considered the specifics of can't v. won't, what are your thoughts now?

PS. After considering can't v. won't, I find his post even more odd.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Spacedaisy »

Kate wrote:
Does anyone know if this is the first game for these two?
It is the first game for both of them. Additionally, this is Vloddamick's first game.

And there is less than one hour until the poll closes.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

That he did come back is odd. I'm just considering other options, playing the field I guess.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

DharmaHelper wrote:Chaindeath said he wouldn't check back in, not that he couldn't. The general feel I got from your and SVS's posts were that you were under the impression that he couldn't check back and when he did it was odd.

So based on that I am forced to consider that you wanted an easy Day 1 pick and picked chaindeath without considering the specifics of "can't" vs "won't".

Again, minor ping.
I'm not looking for an easy Day 1 pick but if I have a ping, even a minor ping, I'd rather vote that way than randomize my vote.

For me it doesn't matter if he said he couldn't come back or simply wouldn't come back. It was the fact that he implied when he voted that he had to vote then or not at all, but then he pops in apologizing for forgetting to vote in the poll. It's the second post that pings me, the way he just showed up--my gut reaction upon reading that was that someone told him he forgot to vote in the poll in a BTSC chatroom and so he came back to vote in the poll.

Thanks for explaining your vote for me. I think we're in agreement that voting based on minor pings is favorable to randomizing.

*vote chaindeath*
ImageImage

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

DharmaHelper wrote:Chaindeath said he wouldn't check back in, not that he couldn't. The general feel I got from your and SVS's posts were that you were under the impression that he couldn't check back and when he did it was odd.

Again, minor ping.
LOL, I totally thought you were talking to me. :biggrin:

Anyway, I feel the same as FH, so I'm going to be voting *chaindeath*
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Kate wrote:
chaindeath wrote:Chaindeath is sorry to say that he will have to pick a random target for today, as he will be going to sleep andwill not check this until tomorrow after the poll has ended. He rolled three six sided dice and came up with eight, eight on the list is DH. He requests that you don't decide to lynch him for randomizing this kill. :shrug:
Whether he couldn't or wouldn't, imo, is irrelevant. He was voting early because he was not going to be here this morning. The thing that comes to mind to me is that someone alerted him to the fact that he didn't vote in the poll, so he came back to do so. Otherwise, why did he come back when he said he would not, not to mention, if he could in fact come back (despite the fact that he said he wouldn't) why did he say he wouldn't in the first place?
Yeah, this pinged me this AM so I am gonna vote on it for chaindeath.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Yeah, I'm leaning towards the possibility that chaindeath forgot to vote, was told via BTSC that he hadn't voted in the poll, and came back to do so. It might not seem like much, but that's the best option I have to go on right now outside of a ping from Vlod. So I will be voting for chaindeath today.

Votes chaindeath
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

P.S.@ Kate, no I was not suggesting voting for them. If people are gonnna no show, I would rather the host replace than lynch the role. Generally I assume no shows tend to be civs as baddies try to get teammates into the thread or replaced ASAP. For me the posting of names is more a way to keep track and also a way to tell people who know them to maybe tell them thegame started.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Down In Front

A stage hand had found Spacedaisy's body, the concert was on hold as Billy Shears took the stage to explain the situation. After he made the announcement, those in attendance were shocked, but no one really thought they might be in danger. It clearly looked like someone was after the band and Daisy simply got in their way. Why else would the murder have happened backstage? Fear was not the main emotion, no that was anger. Who would threaten to kill their beloved band? As the mess backstage was cleaned up, the attendees began to discuss and debate that possibility. They were paying attention to the band after all, anyone could have slipped away during that time.

"Chaindeath needs to go to the bathroom, he might be a while," Chaindeath explained to his fellow audience members before heading out. In truth, the conversation was wearing a little thin for him and he just needed a break from all the accusations that we're beginning to fly around.

As he entered the bathroom he was suddenly struck by the thought that maybe the killer was hiding in here... He did his business quickly, washed his hands and returned to the group.

Flyin' High eyed him warily, "That was quick..."

SVS nodded, "Much quicker than you implied it would be, what were you really up to?"

"Maybe hiding the murder weapon?" Kate asked.

bwt felt a sudden overwhelming amount of anger, and it was directed at Chaindeath, "He wants to kill the band!! Get Him!!!"

The crowd mobbed Chaindeath, but unknown to them he dropped to the floor and slithered out through their feet. Yet they continued beating and pummeling until their fists were bloody and the screaming stopped. But whose blood was it?

The crowd drew back and in shock and dismay discovered they had accidentally beat Flyin' High to death rather than Chain death. Checking her pockets they found a pay stub from Mr. Kite's circus.

Flyin' High has been lynched, she was Mr. Henderson!

You have 24 hours to choose the next song the band will play and to PM your night actions to me.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Re: Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band [Night 1]

Post by DharmaHelper »

Shit..

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

So not awesome :(

RIP FH ;(
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Gah, I didn't make it back in time! I probably would have randomized anyway, I don't know as I feel strongly enough about Chaindeath yet. And RIP FH. :(
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Oh, and I'm voting When I'm Sixty-Four again. I'll stick with that one until it wins, darnit! :D
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Flyin' High »

Um, wow. :disappoint:
ImageImage

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

RIP FH! :(

I'm sticking with A Day in the Life for now.
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 63

Post by LittleTiger »

RIP, FH... :( I guess someone switched the lynch. Gotta check the roles...
ImageImage
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

Looks like Teachers or Henry could do the switch. Considering that they can only switch the lynch to someone that voted for them... interesting!
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Vompatti »

Oops, missed it. Would have voted for Conor.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

I am sooo sorry I missed the vote. I will just be voting early from here on out so this will not happen again.

Now I need to what I missed.
;)
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I am heading for work and get off at 11 PM EST. I currently have the phase end times set for before I leave for work rather than when I get off because that is rather late. But if the majority of the players feel that eleven thirty or so is a better time for them, I would be willing to change it. So please post your preference bolded in the thread for me. 1 PM or 11 PM?

Also, please don't make me wake up tomorrow to a tied poll... It might make me cranky.
:feb:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

RIP FH

What an interesting turn in the lynch. TBH I would have totes random'ed.
After reading the post makes me think Chaindeath is a Teacher or Henry. In my mind it would fit he is a Teacher simply b/c of the reason people voted for him.

Idk if I am right - just am pondering through todays lynch.

And I am good with whatever time is good for our Host <3
;)
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 72

Post by blindfaeth »

Hey everyone, just checking in. I really hope I didn't miss anything in the host post, if so I'm probably getting punished :( I promise I'll read it in detail later but Ryan and I are packing our bags for the weekend, again, I'll try to be around at least once a day to vote etc. I'll be back in full on Monday. :]

That being said, sorry I missed the vote. I thought I'd be able to check the thread during my lunch break at work, but I ended up having to go to the bank & lost my opportunity. At a glance I would have probably voted chaindeath because I agree it seems a little odd that he returned, but I also haven't had the time in this short 5 minute catch up to actually re-read that post of his to see if I agree it's fishy in context. The lynch switch could have maybe been DH, or someone trying to set him up. I only mention because he was the only person I noticed saying they were even remotely suspicious of FH. RIP btw :hugs:

Although what that implies I don't know, I saw that LT mentioned which roles have that ability, but again, I can't look at the roles in detail at the moment to hypothesize. I read them once but I'm not familiar enough with them. Anyway, we have to vote on another song yes? I'll choose the same one I did last time, getting better. Because this situation has to get better! :eek:
chaindeath
Stool Pigeon

Post by chaindeath »

Chaindeath votes for Fixing A Hole. He wishes to clear up this mayhem that has been formed around his returning to the forums:
He really did go to bed at 8:30 last night, and as he got up he had extra time and he quickly started his computer to check on the game, because school was still 25 min away. If he had known that it would have caused this much controversy he wouldn't have done it. It is not what happened in some behind the scenes conversation that was going on, as his role doesn't allow that. What chaindeath is trying to say is that he needs to learn not to set his words in stone next time, with words like couldn't and wouldn't because these could get you lynched. *I need a Hurmph smiley.*
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

RIP FH :( That was a very suspicious result :eye:

As for the current poll I would like to hear my other choice Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds :guitar:

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

chaindeath wrote:Chaindeath votes for Fixing A Hole. He wishes to clear up this mayhem that has been formed around his returning to the forums:
He really did go to bed at 8:30 last night, and as he got up he had extra time and he quickly started his computer to check on the game, because school was still 25 min away. If he had known that it would have caused this much controversy he wouldn't have done it. It is not what happened in some behind the scenes conversation that was going on, as his role doesn't allow that. What chaindeath is trying to say is that he needs to learn not to set his words in stone next time, with words like couldn't and wouldn't because these could get you lynched. *I need a Hurmph smiley.*
Chaindeath said "I" :eek:

Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Vompatti »

I'll vote for the title track.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I went with the Title track~ they are the band, after all :)
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 12

Post by AceofSpaces »

Whoops. Sorry for missing the vote. First day of the new semester today, and I just got home a little while ago. Promise I won't miss another one.
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 12

Post by AceofSpaces »

So reading through the last day, a few things come to mind.

1. Chaindeath coming back was indeed odd. I'm not sure if it was because someone told him to in BTSC or if he is telling the truth. Honestly, I can see both of those as possibilities. I'm not willing to condemn him for this alone.

2. DH, was sort of quick to Chaindeath's defense. He seemed really eager to explain it all away, but then he backed off after he was met with some resistance. From Kate/FH. I find this to be the oddest thing in day 1. Usually DH is the first one to jump on potential slip ups. That he would defend in such a shady way really strikes me as odd.

3. Chaindeath possibilities. From the lynch, it looks like he is either a Teacher or Herman the Horse. Unless there is something we don't know about the roles, I don't see anything else he could be.
chaindeath
Stool Pigeon

Post by chaindeath »

That "I" was merely chaindeath's most intimate thought, that he shared it with you is terrifying. He is slipping in his old age. Haha
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

Stuck with my original choice - Sgt Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band.
ImageImage
Vloddamick
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Vloddamick »

I'm choosing Fixing a hole because I'm currently playing minecraft while checking up on this. I also agree that chaindeath avoiding all those fists is strange.

And, and like spacedaisy said, this is my first mafia game, since 2010. and I am probably the least eloquent speaker/typer here so that may be why my responses may be lacking. So there is that...
Conor Fynes
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Conor Fynes »

Day in the Life?
"I find beautiful perfection repellent." -Jon Poole, Cardiacs
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 72

Post by blindfaeth »

Morning!

Anyone picking up any ponds or suspicions? We need to start discussing so that we can start discovering the truth
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Generally I do not really night hide, but since one of the possibilities for chaindeaths role also kills tonight, and we have short days, I think discretion may be the way to go until the night is over :)
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I'm just spamming Daisy's thread because I know she'll let me. :D

Also - I'm hecka happy I don't have to pick a song off this album because how could you pick just one?!?!

also - also - I'm glad you like the album DH. Really - it's one of their best. If you like this one so much, do indeed check out the white album. The Beatles are an amazing band if anything because they had a long enough career that though they started out pretty "bubble gum" (but even that had it's seedy underside;) ) they developed and went places. There are some interesting places they went to. Also - Abby Road is very good.

also also also - no one has spamed the thread yet with Beatles songs. - Let me fix that for you all:

And a little prezzie for Daisy - as I know her George love. This is - really my most fave George song of all.

also also also also - IDK if my work schedule will ever clear up - but if you need a replacement - I promise I would do my best. :) You know - we Beatles fans have to stick together! *fistpoundsinsolidarity*

oh yea - sweet mods! I had to change my blue color like 3 times to find the one that works best with the black background! New things are fun! :giggles:
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!

Return to “Previous Side Missions”