Moderator: Community Team

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 645
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: World Flags Mafia [Day2] Despair Rising

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:40 pm Why is nova town?
I think he looks the part in a similar manner to Mac.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 308

Post by novaselinenever »

All right, this is the one :cloud9:
speedchuck wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:24 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:55 pm There is something about Speedchuck's shitposting that isn't ringing genuine, and he hasn't really done anything that pinged me in a civ fashion. His obsessions with shooting is overdone, and it seems to be his intent honestly. Perhaps going for too obvious, and milking that "having fun/don't care attitude". I didn't like how he got caught up with Sabie's claim, especially how he apparently agreed with Jay that it's a town ping. It seemed like some shade throwing, and a little too sharp for someone that is apparently just out here to have fun and shoot.

DF and Quin are meh just like DDL. Few stuff pinged me and there isn't anything that'd warrant them civ points.
I was apparently shot for this post.

Look here, yo. I straight-up joined this game to shoot people and be shot at by people. I had no intention of surviving the hail of gunfire that I hoped would happen D2. Everything else I've posted has been reactionary, except for occasional insightfulness. I was one of the first on DDL, just from the feel of the thread, and that's more hunting than I thought I would do in this game.

In other words, I have no intention of changing. I am firmly latched to the "having fun/don't care" teet. :nicenod:

linki: I didn't have a vest, btw, if that's any help toward figuring out the game.
novaselinenever
Hitman

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] If you were a communist with Speedchuck, would you have shot him nonetheless?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:42 pm All right, this is the one :cloud9:
[/quote]

Kinda Larry David again. He said that because I referenced your post when I tried to shoot him.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

novaselinenever
Hitman

Tough crowd.
Lunalee
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Lunalee »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:44 pm Tough crowd.
I liked it. :D
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Ancient Greece Mafia - civilian - loss
U-Pick Mafia - mafia - loss
Retrocausality Mafia - mafia - loss
Mega Man Mafia - mafia - win
Hogwarts Mafia - civilian - loss
Side Missions
Image Mafia - civilian - loss
Courage the Cowardly Dog Mafia - civilian - loss
Heists
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - civilian - loss
Friends Mafia - civilian - loss
Daily Fantasy Mafia - civilian - win
Everyone's Insane! - mafia - win
Space Force - civilian - loss
Burglaries
Murder on the Owl Express - third party - loss
Operation Refrigerator Restoration - civilian - win
One Hour Werewolf - Tanner - loss
Awful Overplayed Dadrock Mafia - civilian - loss
Dethy Game - civilian - loss
Special Games
Two-Headed Monster Mafia - civilian - win
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

But by all means nova: if you think something works in your favor, share it. That's the right attitude at least. WIFOM is for suckers.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 259
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:43 pm @Sloonei If you were a communist with Speedchuck, would you have shot him nonetheless?
I don’t know. If this were a normal game without guns, he would have been an easy bus candidate if that answers your question.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:45 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:43 pm @Sloonei If you were a communist with Speedchuck, would you have shot him nonetheless?
I don’t know. If this were a normal game without guns, he would have been an easy bus candidate if that answers your question.
That doesn't. I'm talking about this exact context, his death being a sure thing either by lynch or the next bullet. You had a gun, Colin was getting anxious about an unnamed player (you) not claiming it.

Do you shoot?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Easiest way to apply the tinfloil to ol' Cap'n Sloonbeard:

Because of Colin's continued reporting that someone had a gun and wasn't speaking up, Sloonei was under immediate pressure to at least reveal that he had a gun. As such, he was also under immediate pressure to use the gun -- mine had been fake, everyone saw it, and that meant Sloonei's was more likely to function correctly.

Then when it came to kill choice, he either had to target the guy I'd already tried to off to maintain the right image with everyone watching, or he'd have to justify picking anyone else instead. The credit-gain potential with speedchuck is great enough that in concert with the pressure to shoot speedchuck after my own attempt makes it a relatively simple decision.

:noble:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:47 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:45 pm
That doesn't. I'm talking about this exact context, his death being a sure thing either by lynch or the next bullet. You had a gun, Colin was getting anxious about an unnamed player (you) not claiming it.

Do you shoot?
I could see myself pulling the trigger. The town cred would be off the charts.

This is a good question. Townie point for nova.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 207
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

:ponder:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think Sloonei looks like a civilian. Emphasis on tinfoil.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:49 pm Easiest way to apply the tinfloil to ol' Cap'n Sloonbeard:

Because of Colin's continued reporting that someone had a gun and wasn't speaking up, Sloonei was under immediate pressure to at least reveal that he had a gun. As such, he was also under immediate pressure to use the gun -- mine had been fake, everyone saw it, and that meant Sloonei's was more likely to function correctly.

Then when it came to kill choice, he either had to target the guy I'd already tried to off to maintain the right image with everyone watching, or he'd have to justify picking anyone else instead. The credit-gain potential with speedchuck is great enough that in concert with the pressure to shoot speedchuck after my own attempt makes it a relatively simple decision.

:noble:
Or I just had a gun and wanted to keep it hidden until I felt comfortable using it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:54 pm Or I just had a gun and wanted to keep it hidden until I felt comfortable using it.
Yup. That's a Sloonei thing to do.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Oh jeez the deadline is upon us. I didn’t expect to be here so long. I’m comfortable enough with the Quin vote.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Poll screenshotted at the deadline since I think [mention]sprityo[/mention] might have gone to bed

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Word. I guess we’re in for another long night.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

He's here. :)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 71
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Quin has been lynched

He was the New Zealand flag of the Moon

He was a Gunsmith and a member of the UN (Town)

Night ends in 20 hours or approx 8pm EST 23March
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh he's online sweet

linki

........oh

what

hm
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Juicy. :ponder:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:41 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:39 pm
Quin wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:35 pm
DFaraday wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:58 pm I sent Nutella a gun because I have a history of wrongly suspecting her so I figured I'd mix things up and assume she's good.

For now voting Quin for reasons.
Don't let...any of this slide.
You gave Nutella a gun?
No.
This better not be a lie Quin.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

sprityo wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:03 am Quin has been lynched

He was the New Zealand flag of the Moon

He was a Gunsmith and a member of the UN (Town)

Good night
oh
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Okay
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think I'll need to do some dedicated interactive analyses for speedchuck beyond the cursory colors here.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

novaselinenever
Hitman

nutella wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:03 am ........oh

what

hm
F
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:03 am Juicy. :ponder:
A
Lunalee wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:05 am oh
D
Sloonei wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:10 amOkay
C
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 159

Post by speedchuck »

[mention]sprityo[/mention] fun game, much shooty. Sign up for Vault Hunt, all ye dead players!
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Why are Mac and Speed orange?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:18 am Why are Mac and Speed orange?
I can't remember off-hand since I didn't log anything in text. I have to get busy on my school shit now. You should take a look for yourself though and see what pops out.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

novaselinenever
Hitman

Yeah I'm isoing his post using the new trick I learned today lol.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

This game better not drag ass on me. :suspish:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]ColinIsCool[/mention].

This post exists. Consider it later. No more will be said.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Quin »

oh im dead
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Snore.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I started grading undergraduate exams at 10:00 PM. It is now 4:20 AM. I am 45% finished. Never go to graduate school.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 38
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:19 am I started grading undergraduate exams at 10:00 PM. It is now 4:20 AM. I am 45% finished. Never go to graduate school.
For me grad school was rough because it was 2 years worth of classes stuffed into one. So I graduated with my bachelor's and a week later began my master's. It was pretty crazy.

Also sorry for suspecting you quin. Interesting that no one discussed the fact that quin was a last minute vote switch and then flipped town. I mean yeah to be fair he was acting kinda sketchy, but it seems that should be kind of significant that so many votes went from one person to another who flipped town. Lunas defense was that she could be useful and would role claim to prove it but then says nah it doesn't matter anyway at this point. And then everyone went over and killed off quin. Is it possible this poll switch happened to save a teammate or is it solely because quin was acting weird?
Idk just a thought.

I also had considered the scenario of what if sloonei had shot speed in order to be like no I would never shoot my teammate and get all the town cred. Then go win the game for his team, but speed already was pretty likely to be lynched so he could have easily voted him to do that and then shot someone else. It wouldn't really make sense to waste a gunshot like that.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 330

Post by MacDougall »

wtaf is going on
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that nutella is speed's teammate
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
novaselinenever
Hitman

Lunalee wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:08 am the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that nutella is speed's teammate
who's the third?
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:55 am
Lunalee wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:08 am the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that nutella is speed's teammate
who's the third?
probably Mac.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
novaselinenever
Hitman

Lunalee wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:03 pm
who's the third?
probably Mac.
Hmm interesting. What about LC/DF if nutella flips bad? How would you reconsider their claim of having gifted her a gun, given that she could have lied about the number?
Lunalee
Loan Shark

Post by Lunalee »

novaselinenever wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:05 pm
Lunalee wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:03 pm
who's the third?
probably Mac.
Hmm interesting. What about LC/DF if nutella flips bad? How would you reconsider their claim of having gifted her a gun, given that she could have lied about the number?
oh, yeah adding them back into my POE makes things a bit complicated. I'd rather focus on speedchuck's interactions and content to find the next scum (perhaps nutella, we'll see), then we can work from there on who to lynch next.
Luna's Wins/Losses
Jobs
Side Missions
Heists
Burglaries
Special Games
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Outed gunsmiths like myself: if we give our guns to the same person, the extras get wasted, right? We have enough "confirmed Civs" to give each a gun and get this thing done with a mass execution. Is that just a crazy idea with a huge flaw? Maybe. Just deciding who's getting my gun tonight, and the thought came to me. So... DFaraday and Colin? Is that right?
novaselinenever
Hitman

Long Con wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:18 pm Outed gunsmiths like myself: if we give our guns to the same person, the extras get wasted, right? We have enough "confirmed Civs" to give each a gun and get this thing done with a mass execution. Is that just a crazy idea with a huge flaw? Maybe. Just deciding who's getting my gun tonight, and the thought came to me. So... DFaraday and Colin? Is that right?
I'd watch out for the saboteur.
novaselinenever
Hitman

And yes, the extras get wasted
novaselinenever
Hitman

Hmm I think Nutella also claimed Gunsmiths. With Dunya a dead one, we have all of them accounted for.
novaselinenever
Hitman

sabie12 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:17 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:19 am I started grading undergraduate exams at 10:00 PM. It is now 4:20 AM. I am 45% finished. Never go to graduate school.
For me grad school was rough because it was 2 years worth of classes stuffed into one. So I graduated with my bachelor's and a week later began my master's. It was pretty crazy.

Also sorry for suspecting you quin. Interesting that no one discussed the fact that quin was a last minute vote switch and then flipped town. I mean yeah to be fair he was acting kinda sketchy, but it seems that should be kind of significant that so many votes went from one person to another who flipped town. Lunas defense was that she could be useful and would role claim to prove it but then says nah it doesn't matter anyway at this point. And then everyone went over and killed off quin. Is it possible this poll switch happened to save a teammate or is it solely because quin was acting weird?
Idk just a thought.

I also had considered the scenario of what if sloonei had shot speed in order to be like no I would never shoot my teammate and get all the town cred. Then go win the game for his team, but speed already was pretty likely to be lynched so he could have easily voted him to do that and then shot someone else. It wouldn't really make sense to waste a gunshot like that.
I appreciate this post, but I'll have to disagree with your take on the Sloonei tinfoil. I think it's legitimate and as such, he shouldn't be treated as a lock for that shot.

The "waste a gunshot", and "could have voted him and shot someone else" are fair points but they ignore the context that Speedchuck had already been shot and the presence of another gun in circulation was hinted at heavily by Colin. The latter was even getting anxious by Sloonei not claiming his gun, and using it. Speedchuck was a deadman walking, and not using a gun on him would have put Sloonei in a very tricky situation.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 11

Post by DFaraday »

Long Con wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:18 pm Outed gunsmiths like myself: if we give our guns to the same person, the extras get wasted, right? We have enough "confirmed Civs" to give each a gun and get this thing done with a mass execution. Is that just a crazy idea with a huge flaw? Maybe. Just deciding who's getting my gun tonight, and the thought came to me. So... DFaraday and Colin? Is that right?
But if we coordinate whom we are giving guns to, the baddies can just kill one and sabotage another and we're down two civs, right? Or are the numbers good enough that we can afford for that to happen?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”