Elochin
No votes
juliets
No votes
Long Con
24%
Lunalee
12%
Carolyn Leonhart (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
65%

Total votes: 17
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 136

Re: Steely Dan Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Matahari »

Very early in game, I thought I saw a subtle connection between DDL and Nova. Not indicating good or bad, just kind of having civil conversation, in and around lots of Jay posts. I thought it might develop into something indicating something, but it stopped after the thread got so busy. I also thought I saw a connection between Juliet’s and Jay, a bit later, but I didn’t see the connection with Jack that someone else brought up. Anyway, early stuff got dropped with more recent stuff.

DDL no read, not a boat rocker?
Dunya town
Elohcin leaning bad, I don’t think her posts felt genuine, but her reaction to the lynch was more important. I remember in Gossip Girl, I wasn’t really crazy about the way the lynches were handled, but I came around to appreciating it. Elohcin played that game but she didn’t get upset at all over the last minute vote switching. Her reaction today felt personal.

I’ll be back in a few with more.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall and the leetic / Neverwhere / reywaS group

Spoiler: show
MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:59 amleetic has given us nothing sadly.

Long Con has given us more than leetic but his three miniscule posts actually kind of giving me negative vibes.

Neverwhere is leetic but with green apologies. Cool.

reywas simply does not exist. Is reywas a figment of our imagination? Was reywas ever really here? Is reywas Keyser Soze? Does reywas have any loved ones that are out looking for him (bad joke sorry)? Should we send for help? Where are you reywas? Come home friend.

These bits are all extracted from the larger Mac reads list. He included the three of them (and Long Con, who I'll discuss separately) in his non-rainbow-worthy portion.

These things don't say much of anything. The only "interesting" thing I draw is that Mac saw fit to declare that LC specifically is worse than leetic, or at least it's implied.

Conclusion: Keep 'em all in the suspect pool.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matahari wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:56 pm Elohcin leaning bad, I don’t think her posts felt genuine, but her reaction to the lynch was more important. I remember in Gossip Girl, I wasn’t really crazy about the way the lynches were handled, but I came around to appreciating it. Elohcin played that game but she didn’t get upset at all over the last minute vote switching. Her reaction today felt personal.
Thank you for this, Matahari. I was hoping to check Elohcin's emotion against other similar games, and you've given me a place to start.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Matahari wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:56 pm Very early in game, I thought I saw a subtle connection between DDL and Nova. Not indicating good or bad, just kind of having civil conversation, in and around lots of Jay posts. I thought it might develop into something indicating something, but it stopped after the thread got so busy. I also thought I saw a connection between Juliet’s and Jay, a bit later, but I didn’t see the connection with Jack that someone else brought up. Anyway, early stuff got dropped with more recent stuff.

Dunya town
Elohcin leaning bad, I don’t think her posts felt genuine, but her reaction to the lynch was more important. I remember in Gossip Girl, I wasn’t really crazy about the way the lynches were handled, but I came around to appreciating it. Elohcin played that game but she didn’t get upset at all over the last minute vote switching. Her reaction today felt personal.

Very interesting point Mata about Gossip Girl. Do you remember if anyone got lynched who wasn't there? I died like the first night so I don't remember anything.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 337
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Eloh was town in Gossip Girl? When was she last mafia?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I always suspect Eloh so I only remember her town games where I was mafia.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall and Long Con

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:59 amLong Con has given us more than leetic but his three miniscule posts actually kind of giving me negative vibes.

I just mentioned this. Mac shaded LC more than the other lowest-posters.

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:10 am leetic
reywaS
neverwhere
long con

Introducing the new "doesn't belong in a rainbow" section! Coming soon to everyone elses posts near you.

I think there are at least one mafia in the pink pile. There isn't enough scumjuice in the thread for the whole team to be posting I feel. If I had to 86 one of them it would be Long Con.

Mac voiced some willingness to lynch LC among the people in his lurker pile. This doesn't mean much to me in the absence of follow-up.

Long Con wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:18 pm Ok, caught up from where I entered/last posted. IT's going to take my mind a couple of days to get involved, I think. I feel rusty right now. I have a couple of folks that I think are Civ, so I won't vote for them.

I do like JJJ's thoughts on Mac, and I'm going to vote for him. I also like the Mac-juliets connection with the "fake-sounding" light-green Skittle post.

[VOTE: Mac] aubergine

Around EOD Long Con supported me against Mac. Some part of me is feeling bus here, though it's difficult to describe why. At the least I am surprised Long Con was able to agree with me regarding Mac's read on juliets -- it was about how involved juliets was. Did LC himself know how involved juliets was? I wouldn't expect that.

~~~

Conclusion: I'll call them compatible teammates even if this stuff isn't indicative.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall and Lunalee

MacDougall wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:30 pm Sounds like Lunalee knows dunya is town to me.

I think this says more about dunya than it says about Luna. It's an accusation though so okay.

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:59 amLunalee on relook isn't really bugging me anymore.

Okay then.

Fuckin yellow

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:32 am
dunya wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:31 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:59 am Lunalee on relook isn't really bugging me anymore.
in your own words, what's good about lunalee?
Nothing good. Nothing particularly bad.

And a very yellow take. I might say it looks like a deliberate nothingburger. I'll refrain from too much WIFOM.

Luna chats with Mac in multi-quotes. There is that inauthentic (in my opinion) "crazy" comment to start, a softball about nutella, and a LOL. I'm not into it, man.

Lunalee wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:54 pm between Mac and nutella, I think I'd rather see Mac lynched.

I wish I had a clue why. She didn't make it terribly clear how she viewed either of these players before this point.

~~~

Conclusion: Votes are worth little to me. She's compatible enough to remain in my suspect pool.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 62
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I didn't know how involved juliets was - I just agreed that the post you quoted sounded fake.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Jack - really pushes players, came out hard against Daisy and Juliet’s, when almost no one else agreed. Did complete about face around lynch time. I need to reread him, I would have said leaning bad, but I want to reread first.

Jay - seems the same as last game, seems town, but I could be fooled. I’ll stick with town for now.

Juliet’s - seems quieter than usual. I thought she was raked over the coals for a simple joke earlier, but I need to reread her too. Maybe all the grilling over what seemed like a joke to me, put her off a bit.

Linki will answer in a few.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 349

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:51 pm @speedchuck

Psycho Pass or Hat In Time?
The latter.

Haven't seen PP.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall and Matahari

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:59 amI like Matahari and would subscribe to his newsletter.

Shrug.

Light green in the rainbow -- whatever

Matahari wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:29 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:59 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:54 pm I suspect DDL more than I suspect Jay. I’m saying if either ever flips wolf, I’m trusting the other.
are you saying you suspect both of them to varying degrees then?

linki: @Matahari it means wolf/wolf
Thank you, and the others who let me know. I like it better than baddie because baddie sounds like baby talk.
These are the people I am feeling antsy about, although I don’t want to point out connections yet.
DDL, Nova, the high guy, Jack, and to a lesser degree, Jay, Juliets, the missing players.
Can’t really tell anything with Nutella right now, I hope she loses interest in song lyrics soon.
Daisy, Dunya, leaning town.
Going ISO MAC and a few others

Tons of linki again.

Alrighty. :shrug2:

Matahari wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:41 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:24 pm @Matahari hey no, uncool. You are behind the times as always.
I just wanted to see what you’d say.
I will switch to Mac instead of Luna, but that doesn’t mean I trust Luna.

Alrighty again. :shrug2:

Matahari wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:05 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:44 pm everyone should vote for whoever THEY feel is the best lynch, not because someone told them to vote for someone. please make sure you're happy with where your vote is. if everyone played that way, there'd be more satisfactory lynches.

linki: what? did you even play on rym? we always had fakeclaims. i gave fake claims in Gossip Girl, even.
I was going to post something about this. I didn’t change my vote because someone asked me to, not sure about others, but I have a list of question marks about more players than I expected. A lot of shit questions. My only thing about Mac was that he posted differently in GG, where he was town. Some questions about others are even weaker. I want my vote somewhere where it isn’t wasted but I wish I felt surer about anyone than I do about everyone. Will post my list tonight.

Mata drew a meta comparison for Mac to Gossip Girl. At face value I find it believable enough.

~~~

Conclusion: There's not enough here to clear Matahari. I think she's probably okay, but I'll keep her in the suspect pool.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matahari wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:20 pm Jack - really pushes players, came out hard against Daisy and Juliet’s, when almost no one else agreed. Did complete about face around lynch time. I need to reread him, I would have said leaning bad, but I want to reread first.

Jay - seems the same as last game, seems town, but I could be fooled. I’ll stick with town for now.

Juliet’s - seems quieter than usual. I thought she was raked over the coals for a simple joke earlier, but I need to reread her too. Maybe all the grilling over what seemed like a joke to me, put her off a bit.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 11
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Hello, I have seen that the End of Day activity created a bit of a stir in the thread. I do not think it's my place as the moderator to comment on any of that, but I would just like to remind everyone that I am available to talk about frustrations of any kind relating to this game.

We are all here to play a game on the internet and we all want that to be a good time for everybody. I think a conversation about how to help make that happen is worth revisiting in the post-game phase.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

[mention]juliets[/mention] I don’t remember if that specifically happened, but that was only one of the reasons that Elo mentioned. I don’t know, after I finish updating and posting my notes, I will go back over the Elo posts here and the voting in GG.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall and nijuukyugou

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:59 am
nijuukyugou wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:11 pm Shit, I forgot I was playing! It's been too long.

I won't catch up now because I need to leave for trivia in like 10-20 minutes.

Who's suspicious, eh?
"Who's suspicious, eh?" is sig worthy stuff if niju is mafia. I don't think mafia niju makes this post. I think mafia niju just leaves the first sentence.

Effortfully fake civilian credit for niju.

She only earned a FUCKIN yellow in the rainbow though. Fakety fake fake

Mac doubled down with this shit

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:37 amIt's wifom as fuck but I feel strongly about it in this case. It only applies to niju because she was in a rush and has hardly posted. If it was someone who was prominent I would not give them the same quarter.

Silly. Part of me thinks that MacDougall is literally telling me that niju is his teammate. I don't care about the WIFOM though and am inclined to believe him. :meany:

nijuukyugou wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:04 pm I’ll go nutella, then, simply because she has more votes besides Mac, and because Mac votes are apparently last minute, which, as you’ve said, is usually a mafia move.

Sorry, y’all - it’s been such a long time since I last played that I’m not used to checking or thinking about checking the thread.

GROSS.

~~~

Conclusion: I have a new top suspect.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:22 pm

The latter.

Haven't seen PP.
Wait what? What was the anime you were telling me to watch when I was telling you to watch Fate while my teammates were being ripped limb from limb in VH?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'll save nova for after dinner. I've been looking forward to that one. :biggrin:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:23 pm
Matahari wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:20 pm Jack - really pushes players, came out hard against Daisy and Juliet’s, when almost no one else agreed. Did complete about face around lynch time. I need to reread him, I would have said leaning bad, but I want to reread first.

You know, that would be a really good mafia team js.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

lol, mata I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing because the descriptions of me this game (e.g., Daisy thought I was over confident, you thought I was quiet,) make me seem like a psycho. I assure you though this is my normal level of being involved. I may even be a little bit more involved tonight than I usually am because I am not afraid of a mafia kill. (I was killed night 1 in two games recently.)
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Re: Jay's Mac/niju analysis, I hated her vote. It was the worst reason in my opinion anyone gave for voting nutella.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

This is probably obvious but niju takes the spot for my highest suspicion.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 349

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:30 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:22 pm

The latter.

Haven't seen PP.
Wait what? What was the anime you were telling me to watch when I was telling you to watch Fate while my teammates were being ripped limb from limb in VH?
Promised Neverland? Single cour, new anime of this year? Best thing. So good.

I'd take it over Hat in TIme.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall and novaselinenever

MacDougall wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:24 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:22 pm What's up, Mac? :dark:
Oh nothing much Nova just being a civ again how bout you?

k

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:31 pm I see Nova is suspicious of me for filling the thread with useful content. That's interesting.

So interesting. Meh

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:47 am
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:41 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:30 am novaselinenever, lemme get a full reads list, whether a rainbow or whatever.
Juliets
Spacedaisy
Dragon D. Luffy

Matahari
Kites
Lunalee
nijuukyugou

Jackofhearts2005
leetic
dunya

Jay
Long Con
Elochin
MacDougall

Neverwhere
speedchuck
nutella
You usually tunnel when you are suspicious of me. What the fux m8?

Implied shade, no pressure actually applied.

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:04 am
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:19 am Mac, who's bad with Nutella?
This is such lazy bullshit. It's like Jay is Agent Smith.

What?

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:13 am Nova when prodded said that every post speedchuck has made pings him.

Who agrees with that?

Because I couldn't disagree more.

More implied shade.

Mac throws poop at nova -- still of a pretty gentle variety

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:28 am I just skimmed Nova ISO. He's town. Moving on.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:59 amAlready skimmed nova. Town. Look away.

Okay then.

Dark green in the rainbow -- The progression is certainly bullshit. That's to be expected from a confirmed mafioso. Whether it says something about nova is less certain, but it's at least unique among Mac's handling of the players in this game.

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:04 am
juliets wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:28 pm Hahahaha - will nova and Mac be on the same side? Will they both win or lose? OR will one of them move ahead in the only game that counts?
Does Juliets know the answers to some of these questions?

Suddenly this one interests me a little bit more. Does nova know the answers to some of these questions? :biggrin:

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:43 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:50 pm What did I miss?
Jay's bad.

I like how Mac did nothing whatsoever with this. Regarding nova it doesn't mean much to me, it just made me chuckle.

novaselinenever wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:28 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:15 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:15 pm Hello! I'm Nova and I've read the whole thread. AMA.
who's bad
you
nutella
neverwhere
elohcin
Mac

who's bad?

Mac earned a place on the suspect shortlist. Cool beans.

novaselinenever wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:56 pmMac's shady. I don't like the way he flooded the thread à la Jack with a whole bunch of disorganized quotes when he was prodded. It strikes me more as an attempt to bigger his reach, making himself memorable in his contribution by quoting a whole lot of people on different issues and get a semblance of interaction going with them. I'm saying that 'cause I'm not seeing a train of thoughts emerging from them. They seem pretty arbitrary and it's mostly stuff that aren't adding much to the conversation.

nova stated some gripes about Mac when I prodded him to expand on his shortlist. The reasoning here seems fair enough.

Mac gets an orange skittle in the rainbow list. He remains ahead of speedchuck, Neverwhere, and nutella.

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:46 am
:workit:

Who else do you read bad?

There's some prodding. Sure.

nova answered to Mac's earlier thrown poop -- doesn't extend at all on his own read of Mac, means little to me

You play Mafia the right way :shrug2:

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:00 pm What's the deal with Mac? I cooled off on him a whole lot after his presence this morning. Lot of good stuff from him.
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:28 pm I don't see what y'all see on Mac. At least not anymore.

Feels to me like it revolves mostly about how he's handling you (looking at you Dunya and Jay) rather than his overall play.
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:42 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:34 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:33 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:30 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:28 pm I don't see what y'all see on Mac. At least not anymore.

Feels to me like it revolves mostly about how he's handling you (looking at you Dunya and Jay) rather than his overall play.
What is to like?
I liked his early work today. Beside his handling of you, what do you have against him?
He seems like a player who is trying to put people in his pocket. That applies to DDL, myself (by way of parroting my nutella gripes), and dunya. I don't believe his civilian reads appear genuine. What was it about his early work that you liked? What did he do?
That's kind of what I suspected him for before today. I liked his efforts leading to his wall posts and the rainbow. He put in a good amount of work and most of his reads come as earned. I liked how he reconsidered Nutella and Speedchuck. Feel like his reads are developing and they don't seem contrived at all. His Niju thoughts echoes mine.

What isn't genuine about his civilian reads? The DDL one was something prompted from their interactions, and felt like natural conversation especially considering its context (The Firefly game).

nova ceased his suspicion of Mac and stood in his defense later in Day 1. I don't really understand why nova found Mac's influx of reads appealing or felt that they were developing. Indeed much of my own suspicion centered on the reads seeming quite fake. People may disagree, and a guy is allowed to be wrong sometimes. It's a curious discrepancy though that must be acknowledged regarding nova.

~~~

Conclusion: Unsurprisingly, there's a lot to unpack with this one. Straight up, do I think nova and Mac are compatible teammates? Yes, I do. There's one basic parallel in their treatment of one another: they started negative, and then abruptly turned positive. I don't think nova sounds inauthentic in his commentary about Mac, which is a nice thing. It stands though that when it mattered most, he was on the wrong side. He'll have to answer for it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall and nutella

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:51 pm Hey nutella where do you gain the confidence to deflect suspicions on [not you] this early in the game with such hubris?

Somewhat softball.

Mens rea -- I have no idea.

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:02 pm Nutella hiding behind a posting gimmick and throwing TMI all over the place then giving weak player salad suspicions without sincerity and preempting suspicion = die.

I think Mac was trying to get on my good side here without being so overt as to buddy me. That's good for nutella, because had this lynch been converted and she flipped civilian, the brunt of the blame would likely fall upon me more than Mac.

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:09 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:08 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:02 pm Nutella hiding behind a posting gimmick and throwing TMI all over the place then giving weak player salad suspicions without sincerity and preempting suspicion = die.
No TMI and I don't care what you think is salad.
Lady Jay should get her own personality

A sort of discredit of nutella by implying that her play is in some way derived from my own and unoriginal (which is of course silly).

I still don't know what this is. I have seen The Matrix. :shrug2:

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:38 am Team Nutella trying to build a counterwagon on a player that gets lynched a lot?

Mac wants to encourage the sustenance of the nutella wagon by way of discrediting a blooming counter.

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:41 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:18 am
nutella wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:06 am
juliets wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:28 pm Hahahaha - will nova and Mac be on the same side? Will they both win or lose? OR will one of them move ahead in the only game that counts?
OOOOooof sPiCy

Any major dude will tell you
Does anyone think that nutella found this to be spicy?
Jay can I have an updated opinion on nutella please.

Generic prod of me regarding nutella. Meh.

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:59 amnutella re-read makes me feel worse. I didn't really dwell on the oof spicy thing but it's really quite asinine in a bad way and I would 10/10 like to see her executed in the most painless fashion because I like her as a person.

I don't think Mac was worried about things like this reflecting well on nutella, because he was likely in a strategic mindset in which he outlived her anyway. In that regard then, he is just heaping shit on the largest wagon and trying to get it through the finish line. Nice for nutella.

Red in the rainbow list -- predictable

nutella wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:06 am
OOOOooof sPiCy

Any major dude will tell you

nutella found the juliets/Mac thing to be sPiCy. :noble:

nutella wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:06 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:03 pm
nutella wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:56 pm I do though. Also I just haven't spent enough time in the thread to develop anything from what little interaction there has been. Sorry I've been doing other things in my life :shrug: Trying to save up my energy for the championship I guess.
You just told me that there has been no actual discussion. That's bullshit. A civilian nutella does not struggle to form some perspectives in a Day 0 that has already amassed 260 posts.

I have almost 70 posts and have dedicated a number of them to attacking you. Take a stance.
I have taken stances. Nova town. Speed bad (not sure if I still think that). Add to that you are town, juliets, luna, and mac are on notice. Call that salad, see if I care. I don't even know who all is playing bc the thread has been so lacklustre.

Before the fall when they wrote it on the wall
When there wasn't even any Hollywood
They heard the call
And they wrote it on the wall
For you and me we understood

nutella placed Mac among others on notice in her early reads bit. And here's a little prod

nutella wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:53 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:44 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:38 am I feel some of the people townreading me are bad. At least one of them

Feels like one of those games where I manage to post in a very obvious civ way which convinces people, but baddies already noticed that and are blending in.

I might get NKd soon.
I feel like I've been able to civ read you better lately. Things that I used to incorrectly read you as Mafia for I now see as civ traits. Tbh it was mostly my cynicism because I used to read you bad for having strong insights that I chalked up to TMI but I've come to realise that we sort of see the game similarly. The way that I have been handling our interactions in games lately is a lot of the reason I feel my civilian game has improved. That and taking a back seat more. I realised that even though I have strong insight into scum, that brute forcing my opinions into the thread was counterintuitive to civilian wins and started playing more cerebrally. Less plaudits but stronger results. Only took me 8 years.
Hmmmmmm

Unpopular opinion: Mac is bad

nutella was ahead of the curve on this one, and I think it looks authentic.

nutella wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:56 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:54 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:53 pm I could vote ddl actually but part of the reason is from the angleshooting thing and also he's gone for EOD
Why are people voting for you and why are they full of it/wrong?
Eloh is always wrong about me and refuses to see reason. Jay is misguided but will come around. Two of ddl, Mac, and juliets are bad and the other thinks they're clever.

nutella named Mac as a shit-listee among those voting for her.

nutella wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:02 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:59 pm
Lunalee wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:54 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:06 pm I wanna vote Luna but I’m secretly a huge softy and feel bad about her getting lynched a lot D1.
This makes me cringe. It reads like you know I'm town, and feel bad joining in on the lynch.
I feel differently about Jack, but I also kind of feel your cringe. :ponder:
I believe jack is town but this post actually makes me feel marginally better about luna.

[VOTE: mac] aubergine bc it's probably my best bet and your main point on him is pretty strong.

After briefly reconsidering her feelings on Mac, nutella ended up choosing him as her preferred counterwagon to herself. That required her to specifically pull away from Luna. Neat. She switched to juliets briefly and then returned to Mac when juliets claimed. She pushed Mac as the counterwagon and did not show interest in the Neverwhere option that appeared late.

~~~

Conclusion: I doubt that nutella is a teammate of Mac.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall and Spacedaisy

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:57 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:21 pm Current gut read after having caught up

Jack - bad
Jay - bad
Dunya - Town
Luna - Town
Mata - Town
Nova - Town
Juliets - slight bad lean
Speed - Town
Nutella - rude

Everyone else is null.
I'd like to hear more about your Jay and Jack suspicions.

Generic "explain your bad reads" prod.

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:59 amSpacedaisy is tough to get a read on. I would put her and Jay in the same bucket of "can always be anything and would never surprise". Wouldn't vote.

I won't award Daisy points for stank like this. I won't deduct them either given that I am stuck right next to her.

Light green in the rainbow. Snore.

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:31 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:13 am Nova when prodded said that every post speedchuck has made pings him.

Who agrees with that?

I do not agree with it. Dude was posting after oral surgery and probably still hopped up on pain meds and he seemed pretty civ to me still. Either he has amazing control over his behavior even when under the influence or he’s not bad.

I haven’t seen anything I find particularly suspicious from soeedchuck.

Here is my second controversial gut read that I can’t substantiate at this moment but I also can’t ignore. I don’t understand why people are Town reading DDL. I am feeling the same way about him that I feel about Juliets. Something feels wrong and I don’t know what or why.

Daisy answered Mac's call about nova and speedchuck. It was just chatter.

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:55 pmAre you high? Are you over there chilling with Speedchuck taking his pain meds?

I wasn’t defending Juliets. I was suspecting you for making a more serious thing of that stupid joke post she made than there was.I didn’t believe at that point that anyone took any of that shit seriously and I find it shocking to realize that nutella actually did agree with what Nova clearly made as a joke. And you parsed it out like someone made an actual argument. Why would I defend Mac or Nova or anyone else? I wasn’t defending anyone because I think the original post is a stupid non issue that YOU helped make something out of. That struck me as suspicious. It has nothing to do with Juliets or Mac. And I can certainly think they are suspicious for other reasons if I do choose. It is not mutually exclusive because I don’t have info. I can and probably am wrong about some of my reads.

Mac is a town read for me at this point. Go on and tell me how now it just be a baddie team of Mac/Daisy/Juliets.

I’m not bad and you need to get out of your tunnel if you are civ as well.
Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:27 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:58 pm What?

No, if you’re scum with Juliets, that makes Mac town. You treated Mac and Juliets differently. You treated the player you suspect (Juliets) better than the player you don’t (Mac).
Ffs Jack! Why can’t you get it through your skull that I WASN’T DEFENDING JULIETS! I was ACCUSING you for doing something suspicious. I don’t believe Mac or Nova are bad. I do suspect Juliets. And at that point I suspected you too. I can’t decide right now if you are civ and tunneling or just fucking bad because you are totally unwilling to open your goddamn mind for a second and try and see it from my viewpoint. Bsjcjjeudbfkzk c

I’m going to spend my last few hours in Ohio with my dad. I’m still going to be checking in occasionally. I’m still working out where I want to put my vote. But I will cast it.

I don't know what led us to this read, but sure.

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:25 pm I have not felt Mac was bad. Like at all. I’d be more inclined to vote nutella, but I don’t see good reason for that either except for jumping on nova’s joke which I didn’t think she was serious about originally.
Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:31 pmYou are poking at one post, but I look at all is posts and I see someone who seems to actually be trying to get reads on people. I don’t think looking at that one post determines a person entirely. I was more moved slightly by your case that he is afraid of you. But this is Mac, when has Mac ever seemed afraid of anything? He dgaf.

Daisy stood in Mac's corner for a bit at EOD. Take it or leave it. I don't think Daisy sounds inauthentic. I still can't figure out why she read him as a civilian though. She questioned my suspicions, but that's not the same thing as "Mac is a civilian because ______".

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:35 pm Alright, I just don’t give a shit right now. I’m sleep deprived, annoyed and have to go to the airport right now. So

I hope you’re right Jay

Neat enough vote at least. Given the circumstances I have to say that it is bus-compatible. At least she left it in my hands; that's better than attempting to assume any credit herself. I'm not sure she'd left herself a choice though.

~~~

Conclusion: This is one of those things where the evidence in front of me says "Spacedaisy must remain in the suspect pool", and I will respect the evidence in that regard. Do I think she's Mac's teammate? Not really.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall and speedchuck

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:34 pm Speedchuck and Luffy are my two top town reads. Luffy out here calling spades spades in amongst a sea of cognitive dissonance causing bullshit and speedchuck town pings me every time he posts.

Mac called DDL and speed his top town reads. I do think there's a distinction here: DDL had thick enough content that Mac could thoroughly describe his fake read. With speedchuck, he had to be vague. As such I think there's less obvious potential for pocketing on this end, and that it doesn't reflect as well on speed as it does on DDL.

Who agrees with that?

He reinforces that position here, and uses it as a conduit to gripe about nova. That may technically be decent for speed, though I lose interest given that Mac did not actually pursue this at all.

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:59 amSpeedchuck re-read makes me doubt my initial pings. I was going to give him a pass for posting while high but he's really not come to the dance since. Maybe he and Lunalee are off makin' babies. Do it for yer country.

This is a curious moment. Previously, Mac had said that nova felt pinged by every speedchuck post and he couldn't disagree more. This would imply then that Mac was not pinged by speedchuck.

And yet, this post indicates that Mac had doubts about his initial pings. What initial pings? There's no actual read here either; he signs off with a reference to reproduction.
Epignosis wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:06 am They had sex.
:shrug2:

speedchuck gets his own little yellow-orange color. Kinda ew.

speedchuck himself said nothing relevant about Mac in any post.

~~~

Conclusion: I don't care for a lot of this. speedchuck got problems

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Based on a combination of those interactions and my impressions of players at face value:

Dragon D. Luffy
dunya
nutella

Jackofhearts2005
juliets
Kites
Matahari
novaselinenever
Spacedaisy

Elohcin
leetic
Long Con
Lunalee
Neverwhere
reywaS

speedchuck

nijuukyugou

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I absolutely must focus on my real work now. If I end up dead you have your legacy. You'll probably hear from me before the end of the night anyway.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 141

Post by nutella »

:clap:

I appreciate the findings on speed and niju. I think Luna is still my top suspect but those other two are....heading to flavortown. :charlieblackmon:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Luna - I noticed her case on Kites, someone I’ve never played with before, but it seemed really weak, comparing it to other players who had mentioned him favorably ( I don’t remember who now, I don’t keep spreadsheets) I didn’t 100% buy it.
She came in after Epig made an announcement about the 24 hour cut off, which is noticeable to me. Like maybe she was tipped off, maybe not. Then she lectured someone about not voting for absentee players, again makes me think of being on a team with an absentee player. I could have voted her for those reasons, but it would have been a pointless vote. Leaning bad.

Nova - I didn’t have any reason to see him as bad, he posted a lot but it seemed like he was trying to be a presence, like no reason to hide. ?

Nutella - her posting hasn’t been as insightful as it usually is. More bickering than I’m used to seeing. Leaning town.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Spacedaisy - I didn’t see anything wrong with Daisy’s posts, also I was really surprised that Jack made such a deal out of them. Maybe I’m missing something there, but I’m leaning town on her. For now anyway
Any others are people who are not here, rarely here, or just people I need to reread, I’ll do it later.
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 362

Post by novaselinenever »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:44 pm MacDougall and novaselinenever

MacDougall wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:24 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:22 pm What's up, Mac? :dark:
Oh nothing much Nova just being a civ again how bout you?

k

MacDougall wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:31 pm I see Nova is suspicious of me for filling the thread with useful content. That's interesting.

So interesting. Meh

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:47 am
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:41 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:30 am novaselinenever, lemme get a full reads list, whether a rainbow or whatever.
Juliets
Spacedaisy
Dragon D. Luffy

Matahari
Kites
Lunalee
nijuukyugou

Jackofhearts2005
leetic
dunya

Jay
Long Con
Elochin
MacDougall

Neverwhere
speedchuck
nutella
You usually tunnel when you are suspicious of me. What the fux m8?

Implied shade, no pressure actually applied.

What?

Who agrees with that?

More implied shade.

Mac throws poop at nova -- still of a pretty gentle variety

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:28 am I just skimmed Nova ISO. He's town. Moving on.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:59 amAlready skimmed nova. Town. Look away.

Okay then.

Dark green in the rainbow -- The progression is certainly bullshit. That's to be expected from a confirmed mafioso. Whether it says something about nova is less certain, but it's at least unique among Mac's handling of the players in this game.

Suddenly this one interests me a little bit more. Does nova know the answers to some of these questions? :biggrin:

novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:43 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:50 pm What did I miss?
Jay's bad.

I like how Mac did nothing whatsoever with this. Regarding nova it doesn't mean much to me, it just made me chuckle.

novaselinenever wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:28 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:15 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:15 pm Hello! I'm Nova and I've read the whole thread. AMA.
who's bad
you
nutella
neverwhere
elohcin
Mac

who's bad?

Mac earned a place on the suspect shortlist. Cool beans.

novaselinenever wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:56 pmMac's shady. I don't like the way he flooded the thread à la Jack with a whole bunch of disorganized quotes when he was prodded. It strikes me more as an attempt to bigger his reach, making himself memorable in his contribution by quoting a whole lot of people on different issues and get a semblance of interaction going with them. I'm saying that 'cause I'm not seeing a train of thoughts emerging from them. They seem pretty arbitrary and it's mostly stuff that aren't adding much to the conversation.

nova stated some gripes about Mac when I prodded him to expand on his shortlist. The reasoning here seems fair enough.

Mac gets an orange skittle in the rainbow list. He remains ahead of speedchuck, Neverwhere, and nutella.

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:46 am
:workit:

Who else do you read bad?

There's some prodding. Sure.

nova answered to Mac's earlier thrown poop -- doesn't extend at all on his own read of Mac, means little to me

You play Mafia the right way :shrug2:

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:00 pm What's the deal with Mac? I cooled off on him a whole lot after his presence this morning. Lot of good stuff from him.

novaselinenever wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:42 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:34 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:33 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:30 pm

What is to like?
I liked his early work today. Beside his handling of you, what do you have against him?
He seems like a player who is trying to put people in his pocket. That applies to DDL, myself (by way of parroting my nutella gripes), and dunya. I don't believe his civilian reads appear genuine. What was it about his early work that you liked? What did he do?
That's kind of what I suspected him for before today. I liked his efforts leading to his wall posts and the rainbow. He put in a good amount of work and most of his reads come as earned. I liked how he reconsidered Nutella and Speedchuck. Feel like his reads are developing and they don't seem contrived at all. His Niju thoughts echoes mine.

What isn't genuine about his civilian reads? The DDL one was something prompted from their interactions, and felt like natural conversation especially considering its context (The Firefly game).

nova ceased his suspicion of Mac and stood in his defense later in Day 1. I don't really understand why nova found Mac's influx of reads appealing or felt that they were developing. Indeed much of my own suspicion centered on the reads seeming quite fake. People may disagree, and a guy is allowed to be wrong sometimes. It's a curious discrepancy though that must be acknowledged regarding nova.

~~~

Conclusion: Unsurprisingly, there's a lot to unpack with this one. Straight up, do I think nova and Mac are compatible teammates? Yes, I do. There's one basic parallel in their treatment of one another: they started negative, and then abruptly turned positive. I don't think nova sounds inauthentic in his commentary about Mac, which is a nice thing. It stands though that when it mattered most, he was on the wrong side. He'll have to answer for it.
Looks good to me. An old civilian that was on the right track at first, and was fooled as time passed by :noble:

I'm here to answer for my crimes.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:33 amI'm here to answer for my crimes.
Who do you think looks worst given present knowledge?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

novaselinenever
Hitman

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:40 am
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:33 amI'm here to answer for my crimes.
Speed, Niju and Eloh I'd say.
novaselinenever
Hitman

It's that damn niju tone :pout:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Y'all make sure you keep your feet on the gas pedal. I don't want my work rendering the thread complacent and poopy. If I am wrong about something or things, I need others to fill that void.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

novaselinenever
Hitman

I'm not sure on how to feel about Matahari's read posts. Feels like they belong to mid-D1 rather than the aftermath of a lynch and a Mafia flip.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:31 am I'm not sure on how to feel about Matahari's read posts. Feels like they belong to mid-D1 rather than the aftermath of a lynch and a Mafia flip.
That’s because some of them are. Several people asked me to post what I had, so I did, even though things can change from day to day.
To be fair about Elohcin, I’ve spent the last couple hours rereading Gossip Girl. Elo called the posting style a Chinese fire drill, and commented on how things were moving too fast near eod. But she handled it well and discussed changing her vote on a few of the lynches. On day 4, reywaS was lynched, and he had been gone most of the day. He posted early about who he would vote for, but he never came back. Close to eod, elohcin noted that she hoped he would come back and vote to tie things up. She was a civ, she tried to be fair, she did comment on the craziness of all the last minute stuff, but she didn’t get upset about it. Probably because Rey could have come back if he wanted.
But I still don’t feel good about her being so upset today.
Kites
The Mark
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Kites »

i didn’t like how long con and niju, both had posted basically nothing before this, suddenly showed up at the last minutes before eod as if they were reminded to vote. long con vote does look like a bus and niju’s nutella vote, which was a quick decision cos ”no time to catch up”, looks like an attempt at saving mac

don’t really think they both are bad but can’t rule out that possibility either. but we’ll see how the next day turns out

eloh reaction didn’t catch my attention that much since she had been complaining about the game since the beginning
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:08 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:40 am
Speed, Niju and Eloh I'd say.
nova is your read on Elo due to her emotion at the end of EOD or are there other reasons you see her as bad? I'm a little more conflicted about her after sleeping on it than I was last night.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:33 am
Looks good to me. An old civilian that was on the right track at first, and was fooled as time passed by :noble:

I'm here to answer for my crimes.
nova, whatever crimes you're here to answer for could you go ahead and answer for them?

One thing I would like to know, you were a hard town read for me at the beginning of the game because I was seeing the civ nova I've seen for 3 games in a row. But then, you dropped off and weren't leading/pushing the thread as much as I'm used to. What's up with that? I don't have you as a mafia read but you've slipped in my green spectrum.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Morning, Eloh. Hope you’re feeling better.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 160

Post by Elohcin »

Matahari wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:56 pm Very early in game, I thought I saw a subtle connection between DDL and Nova. Not indicating good or bad, just kind of having civil conversation, in and around lots of Jay posts. I thought it might develop into something indicating something, but it stopped after the thread got so busy. I also thought I saw a connection between Juliet’s and Jay, a bit later, but I didn’t see the connection with Jack that someone else brought up. Anyway, early stuff got dropped with more recent stuff.

Dunya town

Did we have people playing that game who were asleep when lynched?

I remember a time on this site when, if sanified, you would not be lynched. Players gave you a phase so you had a chance to defend yourself in case you were civ. These days, players will ignore you for a whole phase b/c someone made a confident, but wrong, claim. Even if you are pleading with them to listen. These days, you can be accused and lynched without being given a moment for defense. The fact that mac was bad is beside the point. I'm glad y'all got him. Good for you. But it's the principle. Jack can say I complain a lot. Fuck that... I have principles.

Now... I'm done talking about this. It is only taking away from finding baddies in this game. I am setting my feelings aside and moving forward.
We got a baddie!!! Let's do it again.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Matahari wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:36 am
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:31 am I'm not sure on how to feel about Matahari's read posts. Feels like they belong to mid-D1 rather than the aftermath of a lynch and a Mafia flip.
That’s because some of them are. Several people asked me to post what I had, so I did, even though things can change from day to day.
To be fair about Elohcin, I’ve spent the last couple hours rereading Gossip Girl. Elo called the posting style a Chinese fire drill, and commented on how things were moving too fast near eod. But she handled it well and discussed changing her vote on a few of the lynches. On day 4, reywaS was lynched, and he had been gone most of the day. He posted early about who he would vote for, but he never came back. Close to eod, elohcin noted that she hoped he would come back and vote to tie things up. She was a civ, she tried to be fair, she did comment on the craziness of all the last minute stuff, but she didn’t get upset about it. Probably because Rey could have come back if he wanted.
But I still don’t feel good about her being so upset today.
Rey was in discord at that time talking with friends (including me). He could have come in and voted. He could have participated. He chose not to. I did not feel bad voting him. You are missing my point.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I shouldn't be starting at the end and.going backwards with reading thr thread, but I'm on my phone and it would be difficult to find where I left off.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:22 pm Based on a combination of those interactions and my impressions of players at face value:

Dragon D. Luffy
dunya
nutella

Jackofhearts2005
juliets
Kites
Matahari
novaselinenever
Spacedaisy

Elohcin
leetic
Long Con
Lunalee
Neverwhere
reywaS

speedchuck

nijuukyugou
Why niju? You opinions of baddies seem to be jumping arround. Have you played with niju lately? This is normal.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Elohcin wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:44 amWhy niju? You opinions of baddies seem to be jumping arround. Have you played with niju lately? This is normal.
Click here

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

My only principle is catching wolves :noble:
And I don’t shoot newbies and I *redacted*
Personally, I prefer to sometimes be lynched via cfd than to go no lynch on D5. Or every D1. That’s “back in the day politeness” to me where every game was stacked with powers and incredibly townsided and balanced by the town playing with kid gloves.

Now about them scum games.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I think LC and niju would be easy targets for mafia. Honestly, I think they are civs who just aren't paying attention to a damn thing. They are the kind of civs this game that keep civs from winning.

I'm going to be working most of today. I'll probably only be back come Day 2

Return to “Previous Side Missions”