Boomslang
35%

Total votes: 23
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 73

Re: [DAY 4] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Bullzeye »

I have company over shortly and we'll be out until probably after the poll so I'm gonna put my vote out there now. Gonna stick with the DP vote from last night. He's not playing like a champion, has barely been around and hasn't had anything to say really in his defense.
Russtifinko wrote:
And I agree, spreading too much may not help us find BOB's minion. It could stop them from killing, though. At the very least, voting for a few players in addition to lynch candidates will either clear them or narrow our suspect pool a great deal.
But then who votes for the non-candidates? According to this system someone basically has to throw away their vote onto someone who they may not even be suspicious of just because there's a 1 in 20something chance of them being a recruit...
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 373

Post by DharmaHelper »

Went w/ DP. Champ up or Chump Out.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 241

Post by Draconus »

Mongoose wrote:Oh great, I'm making Bring it On references without even knowing it. :noble:
I have my own Bring it on reference.

:mafia:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

But seriously, mongoose. Giving llama the BOTD was exactly what I was doing in that post :)
I'm letting it go for now while keeping an eye on him.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 23

Post by AceofSpaces »

I voted for DP.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 21

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Meh
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

blindfaeth wrote:I've personally found that I've been agreeing with BWT a lot :eek:
:eye:
:p

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 161
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I'm also going to go ahead and vote DP. I think it's a bad sign that he is not defending.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

There is nothig to defend.
agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 12

Post by agleaminranks »

Okay, so I've been extremely busy with work and with school, and dealing with some difficult personal issues, and I have to vote now because of work but I honestly haven't read through any of the discussion since the last night period and I don't have enough of an opinion to vote for anyone any which way. I'm going to vote myself for being a pretty lousy champion.
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Elohcin »

Nevinera wrote:I'm probably going to miss the vote deadline later, and I don't have strong suspicions of anyone yet -
I'm going to vote Elohcin in the hopes of ruling her out as the recruit.
You really think Bob would have chosen to recruit me? I'd think he would pick someone that was a better Mafia player and tended to stay in the games longer :)
DharmaHelper wrote:Went w/ DP. Champ up or Chump Out.
I can agree with this :) *voting DP*
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Boomslang »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:There is nothig to defend.
Least champion-like thing I've read all game, lol. I'll be busy during the end of poll, so going ahead and voting for DP.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 229

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Hi Devin! Hi guys!

Yes, I am sorry for not being around much. I realize that I am not playing like a champion, but I expect my schedule to clear up by tomorrow and I hope to address some of your concerns. I saw the conversation you quoted, but I don't think I understand what you're getting at with it. I stand by my comments. I would be happy to address any concerns you have.
Hi llama! *waves*

There's not much else I can say here. Your different behavior and "odd responses" were the only things I could latch onto so far. I'm willing to chalk the different behavior up to a busy llama. As for the conversation, if you're standing by your comments still at this point, I guess we can just agree to disagree :)
I do disagree so much that I'm still a little pinged by what you said, but I will give you a chance for now ;)
He could be bad, he could be good. I think he deserves the BOTD for a day or so, but I think those mannerisms are explained by busyness. He could be wreaking havoc backstage for all we know.

I just wanted to make sure he wasn't lynched for the wrong reasons. Since this is the Championships, and to be the best, you have to beat the best, and I want to do that fair and square.

:Mongoose:
Thanks guys! I honestly feel bad that I have not been playing like a champion, so if you want to lynch me for that I can't really blame you. All I can say is that I expect to have a lot of time this weekend to catch up and do some real analysis. At this point, all I can say is I still find DH fishy and am voting for him.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 229

Post by thellama73 »

EBWOP: I see that DH is no longer with us, so I'm voting for Rob. I don't trust that guy, and a little vote spreading will be good for thwarting Bob's minions.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Flyin' High »

Elohcin wrote:
Nevinera wrote:I'm probably going to miss the vote deadline later, and I don't have strong suspicions of anyone yet -
I'm going to vote Elohcin in the hopes of ruling her out as the recruit.
You really think Bob would have chosen to recruit me? I'd think he would pick someone that was a better Mafia player and tended to stay in the games longer :)
That is a very WIFOM-filled statement. :ponder:

Anyway, Elohcin already has a vote so if she's the minion, she's taken care of for tonight.

I agree that it's odd DP hasn't defended himself one iota. But I am going to place my vote on Bea for today just in case Bob did pick her to be his minion since she won the shield-poll and at the time appeared to be trusted by a majority as civvie.
ImageImage

DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Boomslang wrote:
DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:There is nothig to defend.
Least champion-like thing I've read all game, lol. I'll be busy during the end of poll, so going ahead and voting for DP.
It's entirely true. But I don't really care at this point so by all means. :p
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

thellama73 wrote:EBWOP: I see that DH is no longer with us, so I'm voting for Rob. I don't trust that guy, and a little vote spreading will be good for thwarting Bob's minions.
I'm glad you said this. I didn't notice that he was missing from the poll :-/
But don't let that fool you, llama! He is very much alive! You may notice that he has voted for DP today :)

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I voted for BWT because I believe he is bad. I feel in my gut... the gut.. of a Champion :noble:

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

EBWOP: I feel *it* in my gut.

I need to proof read my own posts more :-/

Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Dev, you took what I was gonna say (about DH)!

DP, anything to say in response to allegations you're Zodac? Do you have any idea how you survived last night? I know it's probably too late, but it'd still be nice to hear from you.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

I am not Zodac and I have no idea how I lived.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

MP - Thanks for the answer. :) At least now I know that if I'm lynched my 100% civness can't be doubted :noble:

Lots of good points brought up. I find myself tending to agree with rusti alot. I also believe it or not, think that there may have been a baddie or two located in the people who voted for me to get the shield (which yes, I will be passing on to someone I think is civ..) I remember at the time that I thought it was weird I got so many votes and Dom had said something regarding people who called elo voters "bandwagoning" then voted me.

I went back and looked at who did actually vote for me. It was Llama, BF, Goosey, FH, Teefies, JC and Boomslang. For what it's worth.

BF and Teefies are the ones that stick out the most to me as they actually went and changed their opinions of me so very quickly. Of course, I could be taking it a little too personally as I'm the one being in the spotlight so to speak.

In any event just some thoughts on the both of them:

1) They are both misguided civs.
2) They are both baddies (I can really only see this though if they ended up being on opposite teams. I know some people play it bold, but wow that would be BOLD.)
3) Teefies is bad and BF is misguided.
4) Teefies is misguided and BF sees a way to help a lynch on a civ while hiding behind "It was teefies idea in the first place."

I've got pretty good feelings about JC, Goosey and FH. (Though JC and FH can and have tricked me so you know, nothing's 100%) I can't remember if I've *ever* seen a bad goosey tbh.

I'm not sure about llama or boomslang. I look forward to hearing what llama has to say when he has time.

FWIW - no hard feelings FH - I understand what you are doing. I even *did* offer to place a vote on myself every day until I was cleared. I understand the worry even though I'm not the recruit.

wow - lots of linki.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 152

Post by BigDamnHero »

If the main vote getter throws in the towel & votes for himself, I'm almost inclined to vote that way as well. That being said, we've all been in that position where votes keep piling against you for little to no reason.

I'm gonna vote for BWT cuz something doesn't sit right with me about him. I can't say specifically what or why so it's more just to keep him on the my radar more than anything.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by blindfaeth »

Voting from my phone for Epig cuz i dont trust him. I cant get over how on day 2 he spammed inh's name and then didnt put any effort into easing my discomfort by saying he always gives bad vibes. Plus he and nevin have this weird unspoken unholy alliance i totally dont trust.

Bea, if you are good, i am misguided- i just found your responses to the accusations fleety. I grew that suspicion independent of BWT, so I never once had the intention of hiding behind him
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

BF - We'll go with misguided then. :)

I'm not sure what you meant by fleety, but fwiw, I obviously didn't understand the role when I thought mayhap he could help us. I asked questions about a role I obviously didn't understand in the thread to the host like we are supposed to. I may have had poor wording, but I just wasn't thinking about baddies being recruited. (I honestly was wondering if the recruit aspect would be revealed in a lynch because I'm not the recruit and I wanted to know from the host if my lynch would prove that.)

If I've seemed flippant or anything I appologize. I didn't want to make huge mountains out of molehills, but in my mind, while my wording may have been poor, I hadn't done anything but not understand a role and ask questions to the host about it. So it was with great restraint (maybe too much? IDK) to go from "Oh Bea's ovbiously the most civ person here" to OMG "Bea's obviously a baddie in less than 24 hours." I'm not sure if the turn around gave me whiplash or a concussion. Ya know?
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:But seriously, mongoose. Giving llama the BOTD was exactly what I was doing in that post :)
I'm letting it go for now while keeping an eye on him.

Oh I know you were! I just wanted to clarify why I said that when I was doing a morning skim of the chat. Not really for your sake, since it seemed like you were on board, but anyone else. Wooo
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:EBWOP: I see that DH is no longer with us
Whoa, good catch. I hadn't noticed his name had been omitted from the player list. A quick skim tells me that everyone else is on there. Can someone else corroborate this?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 86

Post by Russtifinko »

Mongoose, that's probably true. One of the roles (the Villager? I forget) removes a player from the poll daily.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 1

Post by boo »

Hey everyone. I am currently hosting Cards Against Humanity Mafia and am holding a live game of it tonight (7-9pm est, so in about half an hour). It's looking like there will be enough spots for non-players to join if they want to, so if anyone would like to play:

http://pyx-1.socialgamer.net/game.jsp#game=136 (password is thesyndicate).
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 209

Post by Epignosis »

Russtifinko wrote:Mongoose, that's probably true. One of the roles (the Villager? I forget) removes a player from the poll daily.
It's Mr. Ibis. And he can check an alignment, so be a good boy, DH. ;)
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 127

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Have to vote now since I won't have time later. I see DP is probably going to be getting enough votes, so I'm going to vote Epig. The way he spammed INH's name, was willing to defend him so vehemently, and then trusting Eloquent for no reason other than being his wife is the icing on the cake for me.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 373

Post by DharmaHelper »

:)
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 209

Post by Epignosis »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Have to vote now since I won't have time later. I see DP is probably going to be getting enough votes, so I'm going to vote Epig. The way he spammed INH's name, was willing to defend him so vehemently, and then trusting Eloquent for no reason other than being his wife is the icing on the cake for me.
She's beautiful, creative, hard-working, a lovely singer, a terrific baker, well-organized, punctual, and has nice lady parts, but she's not Eloquent. ;)

And I didn't defend OK Computer (but you're okay using his initials). :eye: :omg:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Vompatti »

Voted for DP because I'm a conformist.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Epignosis wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Have to vote now since I won't have time later. I see DP is probably going to be getting enough votes, so I'm going to vote Epig. The way he spammed INH's name, was willing to defend him so vehemently, and then trusting Eloquent for no reason other than being his wife is the icing on the cake for me.
She's beautiful, creative, hard-working, a lovely singer, a terrific baker, well-organized, punctual, and has nice lady parts, but she's not Eloquent. ;)

And I didn't defend OK Computer (but you're okay using his initials). :eye: :omg:
lol - see that's the way every husband should preface a comment about his wife.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 282
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Waiting on three more votes. Will end the day early if I can, otherwise expect posts to be up around 9:00PM EST!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Ok - I'm going to spread the "hey they could have been recruited" love.

My thinking here is "who doesn't have a vote already that Dom would have been likely to concider as a recruit."

I'd like to get a vote on DH - just one. For that reason, but he's not on the poll. Second guess that doesn't already have a vote?

Bullz. I have no real suspish on you *at all* Just trying to play CYA. Much like FH's vote. :hug:
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I find it kinda funny that all of the people I suspected voted for Epig :ponder:

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 174

Post by Hedgeowl »

Voted Ace to spread it more and I worried I was about to miss it. Catching up now.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 174

Post by Hedgeowl »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Waiting on three more votes. Will end the day early if I can, otherwise expect posts to be up around 9:00PM EST!
Me, Spacedaisy (tell her to vote! Unless she's at work.), and who?
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hedgeowl wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Waiting on three more votes. Will end the day early if I can, otherwise expect posts to be up around 9:00PM EST!
Me, Spacedaisy (tell her to vote! Unless she's at work.), and who?
It was bea as well, but now you and she voted, so just Daisy.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:I find it kinda funny that all of the people I suspected voted for Epig :ponder:
Interesting point devin - here's the thing with the Epi voters:

there's really been no case made against epi this phase. Like at all. It's picking something that was waaaaaay ages ago (his repetition of he who shall not be named's name.) and his lack of perceived punishment for it. I'd much rather see, you know, a case on epi.

I'll give llama the botd because he's been apparently super busy and just now getting into the game. Also - he was the first vote on epi and as far as quelling any potential bob recruit votes go, I can COMPLETELY see why he would have voted that way. Had epi not gained a vote, I would have also thought about tossing one on him.

But here's the interesting thing. Yet again - we have - BF and Teefies - (though teefies - it should be mentioned didn't actually *vote* me) tossing on votes to a particularly not well thought out case.

also - IDK why anyone would refrain from using he who must not be named now? I saw some suspish on someone for using his initials - do we feel he's still media and collecting points from the grave??? Really - who would rezz him? I don't get this like at all. Please clarify.

linki - sorry socky. :blush:
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Spacedaisy »

So, I don't have time to properly catch up. As such I threw a vote on Hedge in order to spread it a bit.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [POLLS] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Tangrowth »

DAY 4

Who is Bowser's best bud?

Poll runs till Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:07:16 pm

AceofSpaces
Hedgeowl (25) 4%

agleaminranks
agleaminranks (13) 4%

bea
Flyin' High (17) 4%

BigDamnHero
No votes

birdwithteeth11
Devin the Omniscient (18), BigDamnHero (19), DFaraday (23) 12%

blindfaeth
No votes

Boomslang
No votes

Bullzeye
bea (24) 4%

Devin the Omniscient
No votes

DFaraday
No votes

DisgruntledPorcupine
Epignosis (2), Mongoose (5), Russtifinko (7), Bullzeye (8), DharmaHelper (9), AceofSpaces (10), DisgruntledPorcupine (11), juliets (12), Elohcin
(14), Boomslang (15), Vompatti (22) 42%

Elohcin
Nevinera (6) 4%

Epignosis
thellama73 (16), blindfaeth (20), birdwithteeth11 (21) 12%

Flyin' High
No votes

Hedgeowl
Spacedaisy (26) 4%

juliets
No votes

Mongoose
No votes

Nevinera
No votes

Russtifinko
No votes

Spacedaisy
No votes

thellama73
No votes

Vompatti
No votes

MovingPictures07! (host, deadies, non-players ONLY)
MovingPictures07 (1), Kate (3), Dom (4) 12%
Total votes : 26

Missing votes: None!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I have to admit - I like stretching day out as long as possible - I like voting late when I can. I had the day off so ya know - I was in no rush - sometimes things come out late in the lynch that make good talking points for the next day.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 4: Truly Disgruntled

The mob of champions went after DisgruntledPorcupine. He ran past goombas, hammer bros., koopa troopas, and all kinds of other enemies and obstacles, but it wasn't enough. The mob was relentless.

DisgruntledPorcupine let out a sigh and stopped running. It wasn't worth it anymore.

Too bad, he really did love mushrooms too. But they didn't believe him.

DisgruntledPorcupine has been lynched. He was Damo Suzuki.

To be continued...
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 4: Flyin' Too Low

The giant piranha plant was back. The champions cowered in fear. This time, the evildoer wouldn't get away without some dinner. It snatched up Flyin' High and swallowed her whole before any of them could act.

Flyin' High has been killed by Piranha Plant.

It is now Night 4. You have 24 hours to send in your night PMs.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [NIGHT 4] The Syndicate's 2013 Game of Champions

Post by Tangrowth »

Night 4 Event: 3-UP

"Look!!! It's a 1-UP mushroom!!" observed blindfaeth, with excitement.

"So... who deserves it the most, though?" asked Nevinera.

The champions looked at each other. That was the burning question now, wasn't it? There was only one mushroom after all. Best it went to the player who could most serve them well to fight evil.

Then another 1-UP popped up out of nowhere. The players stood in amazement. "Another one!!!!" exclaimed blindfaeth. And then another did as well. No one said a word. Speechless champions were speechless.

However, they did not look quite the same. One had yellow eyes; the other two had blue.

"These are no ordinary mushrooms!" interjected the voice. "You may resurrect three of your fallen comrades, but you are restricted to choose one who fell by lynch and two by nightkill. Choose wisely, champions. Choose very wisely." It chuckled.

It is still Night 4.

In addition to sending in your night PMs, you have 24 hours to decide which three players most deserve a 1-UP mushroom.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 192

Post by insertnamehere »

C'mon

You know you want to.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

RIP DP.
RIP FH - I'd had pretty civ vibes from you.

I'd like to build a case for Kate or SVS.

Both of them were taken out of the game WAY too early.
Both of them were killed by the Manipulators.

as far as lynched people goes - LIzzy seemed to be doing an awesome job and it's a role we'd like to have back...

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”