Discuss.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 273
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: MU Season 6 Scrimmage [Day 3]

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

The post above was blunt on purpose.

Truth is that last game I had a strong feeling Jay was civ and this time the feeling is missing.

He's doing stuff but I'm not quite feeling his strong presence in the thread as I normally should. He's not at the driving wheel.

[VOTE: JJJ] aubergine

I guess the biggest deterrent to this is the Ultra relation but eh, that stuff could be faked.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 538
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Considering all the shit I have on my plate, it’s miraculous that I’ve given as much to this game as I have.

Now I seem to have caught speedchuck’s plague. I’ve been bedridden for like twelve hours. I’ll be here later when it’s feasible. Take it or leave it.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: Gemma] aubergine
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Luxurious
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 552

Post by Luxurious »

Dragomir wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:40 am
Luxurious wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 11:42 pm The first thing you do when you come into the thread is announce to everyone you protected JJJ? There is a deliberate intention behind that.

Either she’s scum clutching for that sweet sweet towncred for that no kill

Or she’s just town going “look!! I helped!!!”
Well yeah, there's obvious intention behind it but it came out of nowhere and wasn't warranted, thus it being random.
>came from nowhere
>wasn’t warranted
>day starts
>no kill
>protection ability
>:thonk:
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Either your scum tryin to get blow off no nightkill and get credit or you’re town thinking you’re a saint among men for stopping the first night kill

It’s totally warranted lol
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Gemma wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:41 am rip mp7

i'm gonna replace out sorry, the only reason i joined was to play with him
Rip
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:45 am The post above was blunt on purpose.

Truth is that last game I had a strong feeling Jay was civ and this time the feeling is missing.

He's doing stuff but I'm not quite feeling his strong presence in the thread as I normally should. He's not at the driving wheel.

I guess the biggest deterrent to this is the Ultra relation but eh, that stuff could be faked.
Talk to me about it being fake
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Luxurious wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:08 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:45 am The post above was blunt on purpose.

I dunno man, haven't thought much about it. I guess it could just be straight up bussing.

That's the thing, I don't wanna think much about it, because the case is based on intuition, and trying to ISO Jay's posts to justify it will cause confirmation bias.

What I wanna know if I'm the only one currently having that intuition, or if there are other people who are not so sure about Jay either. So I put the idea on the table.

Frankly I think the chance of lynching someone like Jay today is quite low, but I want to throw shit onto the fan first.
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

>is sick all last week
>has finals all this week
>has to work both weeks on top of it all
>everyone else also gets sick
>B(
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

It does seem this game activity has slowed down to a crawl.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

We have 7 wagons with one vote each.

Ew.
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:13 am

I dunno man, haven't thought much about it. I guess it could just be straight up bussing.

That's the thing, I don't wanna think much about it, because the case is based on intuition, and trying to ISO Jay's posts to justify it will cause confirmation bias.

What I wanna know if I'm the only one currently having that intuition, or if there are other people who are not so sure about Jay either. So I put the idea on the table.

Frankly I think the chance of lynching someone like Jay today is quite low, but I want to throw shit onto the fan first.
Hmmm.

Well as we’ve discussed before I still like Think he’s civ. If he’s not civ he plays really well as scum because he’s put in a lot of work comparatively to some of the other people itg.
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

[VOTE: Dragomir] aubergine
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Jay is still quite active so far though he promised lower acvitity today. That's fine.

I'm in and out of this game as I take breaks so I don't get burn out. Yesterday I did that, today I'm feeling more like playing.

Mac was super active on Day 2 then Epi flipped civ now he deflated like a balloon.

Gemma apparently only came here for MP and doesn't wanna play with us if he's not around.

Lux, nova and Dragomir are posting a lot.

Owner seems to be doing a system similar to mine.

RDW is MIA. Speed is gone after the trap thing.

Jessie made a nice catch up but is now MIA again.
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Actually why is Mac still on mp7 when mp7 already said he’s subbing out
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

[VOTE: Mac] aubergine
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Luxurious wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:17 am

Hmmm.

Well as we’ve discussed before I still like Think he’s civ. If he’s not civ he plays really well as scum because he’s put in a lot of work comparatively to some of the other people itg.
According to Jay himself there is a celiling to how much work he can fake as scum, but I don't think he has hit that ceiling yet.

I'm not specifically judging him for activity though. I'm just not feeling he has his head into figuring out this game the way he does in most games I see him as a civ. Civ Jay is more... annoying, to use a negative term (sorry). He's around, changing his mind all the time and making people unconfortable. Here I barely remember what he has done, it's like Mac and Epi and Jack have been the activity commanders.

There was a game where I caught Jay letting someone else (Sloonei) be the town leader and he was bad. Jay's activity in that game was a step lower than this one, though, I think.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I just saw Gemma wants to be replaced. Gang, replacements don't grow on trees. Damn.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

And yes, i'm aware he made GTH and Trustfall exercises, but those rank very close to NAI in terms of judging activity. It's very easy for scum to call people to do that, especially considering I haven't seen him use those results that much. On the other hand, what is hard to do as scum is start cases, push wagons, prod people. Maybe he's doing that but... I'm not convinced. My instincts are saying something is wrong.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Among the "active" players I think Gemma looks the worst. Replacement be damned. 155 posts and no reads apart from this token set of civilians. I don't really know why those reads exist either.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:22 am

Hmmm.

According to Jay himself there is a celiling to how much work he can fake as scum, but I don't think he has hit that ceiling yet.

I'm not specifically judging him for activity though. I'm just not feeling he has his head into figuring out this game the way he does in most games I see him as a civ. Civ Jay is more... annoying, to use a negative term (sorry). He's around, changing his mind all the time and making people unconfortable. Here I barely remember what he has done, it's like Mac and Epi and Jack have been the activity commanders.

There was a game where I caught Jay letting someone else (Sloonei) be the town leader and he was bad. Jay's activity in that game was a step lower than this one, though, I think.
That doesnt really sound like something I can fully comment on as this is my first time playing with him. I kinda think he’d have reached the ceiling with trustfalls and gth reads though

If there’s more he can fake I’m not sure what it’d be
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

The irony of JJJ and DDL (and me) is fucking hilarious
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:22 am According to Jay himself there is a celiling to how much work he can fake as scum, but I don't think he has hit that ceiling yet.

Being an annoying bastard demands that I am here. The constancy you expect is a product of availability, which at present just does not exist. I cannot patrol the thread all day like I often would, and that means my posture in the game has to adapt to compensate. The role I play for the civilians is dependent upon the circumstances I am faced with. Consider me less the facilitator and more the analyst.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Luxurious wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:27 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:22 am

Hmmm.

That doesnt really sound like something I can fully comment on as this is my first time playing with him. I kinda think he’d have reached the ceiling with trustfalls and gth reads though

If there’s more he can fake I’m not sure what it’d be
Jay has a theory that it's almost impossible for a baddie to completely explode a thread, to the point the entire thread becomes about him. He only recognizes two exceptions to it: MP and dunya, one time each. Jay himself has never broken that threshold as bad. Every time he did, he was a civ.

I don't think he is breaking that threshold here either. He's not even the #1 poster, and I wouldn't say the #1 poster (you) are really breaking it either. We are talking about over 100 posts each 24 hours, or something like that.

But this rule doesn't exist to call when someone is bad. It exists to say when someone is cleared. What I'm arguing is that Jay's activity does not clear him.
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

I think atm if I had to choose between Gemma and Dragomir I’d go Gemma
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: rundontwalk2] aubergine

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:22 am According to Jay himself there is a celiling to how much work he can fake as scum, but I don't think he has hit that ceiling yet.

Being an annoying bastard demands that I am here. The constancy you expect is a product of availability, which at present just does not exist. I cannot patrol the thread all day like I often would, and that means my posture in the game has to adapt to compensate. The role I play for the civilians is dependent upon the circumstances I am faced with. Consider me less the facilitator and more the analyst.
Would you say you were also having trouble being that active in Steely Dan?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:33 am Jay has a theory that it's almost impossible for a baddie to completely explode a thread, to the point the entire thread becomes about him. He only recognizes two exceptions to it: MP and dunya, one time each. Jay himself has never broken that threshold as bad. Every time he did, he was a civ.
Some day I will break the thresshold. :smile:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:34 am Would you say you were also having trouble being that active in Steely Dan?
Early in the game I was not. Late in the game I fell off a cliff. It coincides with the same stuff.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Because you weren't quite exploding the thread in Steely Dan either, but I could feel your civiness in my bones.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Luxurious wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:33 am I think atm if I had to choose between Gemma and Dragomir I’d go Gemma
Between those two, same.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

If his activity doesnt clear him, that means it indicates him, as you’ve said. I guess that’s a theory and why you would vote there for the time being? It’s kinda silly though which I think you’ve kinda acknowledged?

Also how the fuck am I the number 1 poster I didnt even get my 900 posts in 1 day phase goal :(
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:35 am Because you weren't quite exploding the thread in Steely Dan either, but I could feel your civiness in my bones.
I don't like to talk about other active games even if I'm dead, so I'm going to cut this off here.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Probably same.

Dragomir is giving me "too scummy to be scum" vibes all the way. He's saying a lot of disagreeable stuff, but that reeks as lack of experience combined to hubris.

Gemma is whatever.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

When I did the trustfall I had to squeeze every blood vessel in my brain to generate a response for RDW.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Luxurious wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:37 am If his activity doesnt clear him, that means it indicates him, as you’ve said. I guess that’s a theory and why you would vote there for the time being? It’s kinda silly though which I think you’ve kinda acknowledged?

Also how the fuck am I the number 1 poster I didnt even get my 900 posts in 1 day phase goal :(
It's a low activity game, not much anyone can do. Civs or baddies alike would have a hard time exploding a thread, unless they didn't mind having half ot it be them talking to themselves.

What that means is that super active people are not immediately cleared for being super active.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Dragomir is 16.

He can't have been playing this game for long.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I agree with DDL on the base premise that nobody in this game has been so active that I'd view it as a strong case for civilianhood. My faith in that mindset has diminished anyway in the post-dunya era. She obliterated even MP's example -- she posted at a higher rate than I've ever seen from any civilian in Fire Emblem. It was remarkable.

If she can do it, other people can do it. It's rare, but I've softened on that theory.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

RDW had a string of posts in Day 2 that felt like legit game solving with the little time he had.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

As a judge of activity, I'm less concerned with pure posting rate and more with how organic that posting rate seems to be with respect to the pace of the game itself. Luxurious is a good example here -- she's not hyperactive, but her play is such that she can serve that facilitator role that would often fall to people like Sloonei or myself effectively and I think it has promoted a more pro-civilian thread climate. That's a good thing. Raw activity doesn't always meet that standard.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:43 am RDW had a string of posts in Day 2 that felt like legit game solving with the little time he had.
Lemme see

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:43 am RDW had a string of posts in Day 2 that felt like legit game solving with the little time he had.
I thought that too yeah

Re: activity
I think it depends on the player mostly but fwiw I’m always a top poster whether scum or town. Maybe I’ll read fire emblem Later
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

All I see from RDW's Day 2 is a tag-a-long on the Dragomir wagon and a very brief interaction with you, [mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention]. Tell me what you like.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: MU Season 6 Scrimmage [Day 2]

rundontwalk2 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:20 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:17 pm I agree I like the Soneji voters more than the Drago voters. Hmm...
stop vaguebooking and accuse me directly
rundontwalk2 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:29 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 11:16 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 10:24 am I'm trying to figure out where Dragomir's head is at but its a blur. He was tunneling on me. Then he decided he didn't care anymore and only about Owner. The he made that horrible "today is a new day" post to explain it. Then he names three people and says he doesn't care who is lynched as long as it's one of the three. Then he ignores Owner's ability post and keeps tunneling on her. Then someone calls him out on that and he goes back to tunneling me.

It's a lot of "don't cares", and very little sign that he is actually trying to look at multiple people and solve the game. He pick a few lucky ones to tunnel and is trying to skate by the game on those tunnels. It doesn't feel town at all.
I agree with all of this
this convo
rundontwalk2 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:33 pm Are you always so fickle in your reads?
First is suspecting me for what he saw as cowardly shading on him. Second post seems like he's having beef on Jack for his sheeping on me. Third post feels like he's now giving me beef for being flickle, which he then reassesses after I explain him that I always play like that.

It's not much, but it's gameplay.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Luxurious wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:45 am
I thought that too yeah

Re: activity
I think it depends on the player mostly but fwiw I’m always a top poster whether scum or town. Maybe I’ll read fire emblem Later
That game is fantastic. You should if you have time.
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: MU Season 6 Scrimmage [Day 2]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:47 am First is suspecting me for what he saw as cowardly shading on him. Second post seems like he's having beef on Jack for his sheeping on me. Third post feels like he's now giving me beef for being flickle, which he then reassesses after I explain him that I always play like that.

It's not much, but it's gameplay.
[mention]rundontwalk2[/mention] will have to clarify for himself, but I don't think it was his intention to shade Jack there. I think he was agreeing with Jack agreeing with you -- link. You stated a gripe with Dragomir, Jack agreed with it, and RDW used "this convo" as the basis for his Dragomir vote.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 244

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:25 am Among the "active" players I think Gemma looks the worst. Replacement be damned. 155 posts and no reads apart from this token set of civilians. I don't really know why those reads exist either.
Not to mention that replacements are often correlated with scumminess for some reason.

And man, replacing out because the person who asked you to join the game died? WTF?
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:53 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:25 am Among the "active" players I think Gemma looks the worst. Replacement be damned. 155 posts and no reads apart from this token set of civilians. I don't really know why those reads exist either.
Not to mention that replacements are often correlated with scumminess for some reason.

And man, replacing out because the person who asked you to join the game died? WTF?
To be fair MP isn't dead. He asked for a replacement too. :goofp:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention], tell me about Gemma.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”