The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 538
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: MU Season 6 Scrimmage [Day 4]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Luxurious wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:16 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:23 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:21 pm bbl getting ripped off at my local fitness center
Fixed.
Nice
Free for students. :grin:

Closed for summer. :suspish:
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do DDL and speedchuck make sense as mafia teammates?

Dragon D. Luffy:
~ DDL voted for speedchuck immediately upon the latter's endorsement of a no lynch. The rest is history. :grin: | Attributed to impulse | Doesn't think speedchuck is messing around | Trying to save face -- if they're both mafia, this entire encounter would represent pretty creative distancing of a sort I don't believe I've seen before. So neat.
~ Doesn't want to lynch speed anymore
~ speed feels civ
~ Interprets Ultra's chainsaw defense accusation of me differently with regard to speedchuck
~ GTH bad
~ speed is gone after the trap thing - neutral observation

speedchuck:
~ DDL's reaction didn't look great to the no lynch thing | Expanded
~ Grants that sometimes traps can snare civilians, and that DDL sometimes looks bad as a civilian
~ DDL is one of five to draw speed's finger of suspicion on Day 1
~ Slightly lower than null / 3rd place suspicion today
~ Suggests DDL is compatible with RDW

~~~

Conclusion: I'd be more comfortable if the loudest moment here wasn't Day 1 material that can be stuck in a WIFOM blender. It's something though. DDL's read progression was a bit wack. Yellow.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Luxurious
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 552

Re: MU Season 6 Scrimmage [Day 2]

Post by Luxurious »

nutella wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:33 pm Drago iso stuff:
I dont think this is an iso really but more of a case against him lol.

Assume any part of the ISO i deleted I mindmelded with and is good.

Dragomir wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 8:51 pm If y'all actually sussing Nova after what he did yesterday, y'all gotta go.
This, as well as shaming Gemma for protecting Jay over Nova, all seem like more TMI to me. Granted, I probably would have been townreading Nova pretty strongly at that point in the game as well, but he's making such a big deal of it all and that sets me off in retrospect.
How is this TMI? Does this affect your read on Jay?
Dragomir wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:47 am So what do you guys think about DDL and Owner? From the last pages that I read, nobody's really been focusing on them, only Mac. So yeah, I want discussion around those two.
More of this, trying to look like he's steering discussion, and an attempt to pivot away from mac -- tmi or teammate?
How is it an attempt to pivot away from Mac? It really just looks like he wants opinions around his scumreads.

Based on your reads you would assume this is tmi so like, why ask this lol.
Dragomir wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:34 am
Luxurious wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:32 am
Dragomir wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:29 am
Luxurious wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:17 am
Dragomir wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 1:34 am
Luxurious wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:12 pm

How do you feel now thar Soneji flipped town
I am confused. My impression was that I was a counter wagon to save Soneji but seeing how both leading wagons are town, it makes me think that there were more town in my wagon than on Soneji's wagon as it doesn't make sense for scum to get another wagon going when they can just hop on the leading wagon which was a mislynch.
How does it affect your RDW read? Why are you scum reading him anyway
He hasn't done anything contributive and productive this entire game and then sheep on my wagon with literal piss poor reasoning. Nothing about that is coming from a Town POV.
Can you go through the GTH reads and assign each person good/ bad?

The only two reads I remember are RDW and DDL. I also havent seen you post any townreads?

Tyia
Not really interested in doing that.

I don't really like posting my townreads.
Really don't like this, especially considering that he has named at least a couple townreads at this point, at least indirectly of nova and speed.
You’ve quoted the nova post he made regarding townreads, but idr a speed post. Is there something that you saw that connected that for you? I’m gonna look for it myself after this just in case I can find it.
Dragomir wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 11:23 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 11:15 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 11:13 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 11:11 pm
Luxurious wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:25 pm Hey Drago does that mean you think Nova is trying to pocket you by being the only person to townread you
No.
Who else do you think might be civ that isn't me? :evileye:
Me, JJJ, Genma, Owner and Lux. The last 3 are only based on their role claims.
Oh yeah, Mac and Speed are ok in my book.
Oh man, suddenly naming more townreads! lol
I know the point of the ISO is isolation and to remove things from context but like

You had to skip the whole discussion where Nova called bullshit on his pocketing post.

It took a lot to just get this list from him.

So this kinda looks like you intentionally removed the posts around it to make it look as if he went from having no townreads to having a lot of townreads which is like

Wayyyyy bad. Especially since he was so hesitant to give any in the first place :wink:

Anyway my point to this is: did you skip past the parts where we had to harass him for any kinda reads at all?
I could quote more posts but in general his ISO reads like he's tunneling DDL but whenever another easy target comes up he's all "oh yeah I'd totally lynch there" -- happens in regards to low posters like jessie and rdw, and also the way he suspects owner, backs off when she claims because of his mistaken "assumption" about the roles (easily faked "dumbtell" which I already brought up) and then eagerly goes right back to suspecting her:
I dont think it’s a faked dumbtell considering he dragged it out for a few days

Otherwise this is like, fine. Not good, but fine.
Nova called this salad. Drago probably doesn't know what that means. At least one of his teammates probably does. Nova died.
(don't @ me for NKA lol I just think it's funny, and the salad accusation in itself is a fair one.)
B( i still dont know what it means.

You already assume he’s scum here so lol iso.
Then there's the stuff just from today. Going after Owner for criticizing the Gemma lynch ex post facto when he did much the same thing both pre- and post facto. Yeaaah, hypocrisy yada yada, civilians have double standards sometimes, I know, but I still really don't like it -- he's too eager to jump on owner. I grant her post was weird but drago made it into a whole thing that doesn't look natural coming from him.

k this is what i've got for now, will gather speed stuff next but probably eating first
Why does it not look natural coming from him? What about it made you feel that way?

Also re: critiquing Gemma lynch, Mac also criticized it and didnt vote there. He then voted for Dragomir claiming TMI. How does that affect your Mac read?
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:35 am
Luxurious wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:16 am
Epignosis wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:23 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:21 pm bbl getting ripped off at my local fitness center
Fixed.
Nice
Free for students. :grin:

Closed for summer. :suspish:
I thought you were grading exams doesnt that make you a prof
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 139
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:03 am
Luxurious wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:54 pm
nutella wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 10:34 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:34 pm
Dragomir wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:32 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:29 pm
Dragomir wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:28 pm
Is that a bad thing?
Hesitance is bad.

Gloating shows that you have a feeling of victory even in a town lynch, which is not great. But if you always do it, it's just odd instead of scummy.
I know hesitance is bad. I don't do I was more talking about the not giving a crap part.
Hesitance and not giving a crap are opposites. Not giving a crap is usually good.
*SCREAMS*

AAAAAAAAAA NO! Hesitance is NOT BAD!! Townies SHOULD be hesitant! Why does everyone have it in their head that hesitance/hedging/wishy-washiness is suspicious? Like of course it varies player to player but this is absolutely a hill I would die on. Townies SHOULD be unsure and question their opinions. Also, not giving a crap is often bad.
Hmmmmmmm

I know i just scrolled past this convo trying to find the last post i was on so I’m gonna read what’s been said and then come back with any questions I’m still left with.

Fwiw though I think being hedgy is scummy. Reconsidering opinions is different than what I think you’re implying here
Oh, I skimmed the post. lol.

@nutella I think we are talking about two different things. People being hesitant to post or state opinions is bad. Second-guessing those opinions or waffling is NOT bad (Or, at least, NAI).

Ultra was lynched for being hesitant to interact with the thread. Being scared to post openly is bad.
oh lol, completely misinterpreted that exchange then. sorry for overreacting, the thing I thought you were talking about is a sore spot for me
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Luxurious wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:53 amI thought you were grading exams doesnt that make you a prof
I'm the miserable middle ground known as "graduate student"

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:55 am
Luxurious wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:53 amI thought you were grading exams doesnt that make you a prof
I'm the miserable middle ground known as "graduate student"
Ahahahahaha that blows
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: MU Season 6 Scrimmage [Day 3]

Post by nutella »

Luxurious wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:02 am
nutella wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 10:51 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:42 pm
nutella wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:57 pm No.

Anyway I've been pretty sure this whole time that Gemma is bad. I don't have all the details assembled but it's a strong tonal read. Also, I have as usual a healthy tinfoil on Jay and I thought they were compatible esp with that night action claim, but I'm second guessing that since Jay is going hard after her now all of a sudden and he doesn't bus like that ever. Will compile thoughts on other players later but for now [VOTE: gemma] aubergine
This is the only bad nutella post that I've seen. I get that she has thoughts coming into the game, but specifically mentioning "This whole time" makes it sound like she's trying to convince us that she thought this before receiving that alignment PM.
Combined with the fact that all she gave was a toneread without any assembled details... it's a very detached read by design.

I could see town nutella making the same post, technically. It just felt engineered to be a little off.
I'll hold you to this Jay tinfoil, nutella, I want to hear about it now that Gemma flipped.
I meant what I said lol. I suspected Gemma before subbing in and she was looking shadier and shadier on the day I joined. I didn't "assemble details" bc I was at work and bc it was a tone thing that I got from almost all of her posts anyway. I like that you decided to go and find something from me you could say was suspicious though. :meany:

Part of the Jay thing was tied to Gemma, yeah, so that's dwindled a bit, but it's still possible he's bad and got her into his pocket early on. He's putting in a lot of effort today though, which I think he could fake but it feels legitimate so far.
Hey how did she look shadier and shadier as the day went on? Like what did she do that gave you that vibe?

Legitimately curious.
like I said it was the tone of most of her posts, and some unexpected progressions I guess, like the Epi thing that Jay pointed out, and then her wanting to be replaced all of a sudden when it seemed like she had been engaged with the game previously. Looking at her iso now she didn't actually post as much on the day I subbed in as I thought I remembered, so I think I'm remembering the stuff that Jay and others were quoting that looked bad.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

I have an exam early tomorrow and I made the mistake of staying up until 1am so i gtg bye
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 316

Post by MacDougall »

speedchuck wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:15 pm As someone who still hasn't read the whole game and doesn't intend to:

Dragomir - I see why people think he's scum, but it's like he's rolling in it. Could be some culture difference there. Still a moderate suspicion regardless.
Dragon D Luffy - scumread him early game for taking my bait, have cooled off since. Slightly lower than null
JaggedJimmyJay - haven't seen the scum ping yet, and Jay's been putting in work.
Luxurious - talks too much to be scum.
Macdougall - I have seen nothing to make me think Mac is town
nutella - seems like town nutella to me so far
Owner of a Lonely Heart - had a town ping, need to investigate it

M Plus 7 - ???
rundontwalk2 - I think I've seen people say he's posted some but [citation needed]
JessieKruger - ???

My highest suspicions without looking back are Drago, then Mac, then DDL. But that's all subject to change today, as the weekend is over and my other game is gone (and lost horribly).
Lol that's rich coming from blendy mcblenderson
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

speedchuck wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:36 pm Nevermind, I reread the latter half of Mac's ISO and I think he's actually a towny boy.
Well fuck
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Re: MU Season 6 Scrimmage [Day 3]

Post by Luxurious »

nutella wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:58 am
Luxurious wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:02 am
nutella wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 10:51 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:42 pm
nutella wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 3:57 pm No.

Anyway I've been pretty sure this whole time that Gemma is bad. I don't have all the details assembled but it's a strong tonal read. Also, I have as usual a healthy tinfoil on Jay and I thought they were compatible esp with that night action claim, but I'm second guessing that since Jay is going hard after her now all of a sudden and he doesn't bus like that ever. Will compile thoughts on other players later but for now [VOTE: gemma] aubergine
This is the only bad nutella post that I've seen. I get that she has thoughts coming into the game, but specifically mentioning "This whole time" makes it sound like she's trying to convince us that she thought this before receiving that alignment PM.
Combined with the fact that all she gave was a toneread without any assembled details... it's a very detached read by design.

I could see town nutella making the same post, technically. It just felt engineered to be a little off.
I'll hold you to this Jay tinfoil, nutella, I want to hear about it now that Gemma flipped.
I meant what I said lol. I suspected Gemma before subbing in and she was looking shadier and shadier on the day I joined. I didn't "assemble details" bc I was at work and bc it was a tone thing that I got from almost all of her posts anyway. I like that you decided to go and find something from me you could say was suspicious though. :meany:

Part of the Jay thing was tied to Gemma, yeah, so that's dwindled a bit, but it's still possible he's bad and got her into his pocket early on. He's putting in a lot of effort today though, which I think he could fake but it feels legitimate so far.
Hey how did she look shadier and shadier as the day went on? Like what did she do that gave you that vibe?

Legitimately curious.
like I said it was the tone of most of her posts, and some unexpected progressions I guess, like the Epi thing that Jay pointed out, and then her wanting to be replaced all of a sudden when it seemed like she had been engaged with the game previously. Looking at her iso now she didn't actually post as much on the day I subbed in as I thought I remembered, so I think I'm remembering the stuff that Jay and others were quoting that looked bad.
Yeah that’s fair. I just looked at her iso and was like “she only had three posts hmmmm. What is nutella talking about”
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Luxurious wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:44 pm Now that speedchuck is posting again I’m mindmelding with him about nutella and i like, dig it but I hate it
Reported for worthlessness
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Luxurious wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:20 am Nutella that iso is like

Blinding me i read the whole thing but my brain shut off half way through

It’s mostly because it looks like you’re trying to lynch him rather than interact with him at all and convince us that he should be lynched.

A bunch of your stuff I dont agree with anyway since i was interacting with him at the time, but the only thing I really want answered is

What the fuck does salad mean
"Player salad" is a term invented on this site afaik for when someone lists off a handful of players that they would be "ok with lynching" or something similarly hedgey/noncommittal, widely regarded as a scum tell bc they are leaving their options open

Gonna finish my speed iso then will look at what else you have to say about my drago thoughts. You may be right that I'm not directly engaging him enough, I guess I didn't ask him anything because all I see is scum motive in his posts, when I heavily suspect someone I tend to make more "callout" style accusations rather than interrogation bc I want people to see what I see and I get frustrated when they don't
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am going to do an Epi and give Jay my vote. If Jay is Mafia in this game I will shit my pants.

Don't tell me to self vote.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Nutella seems town. She's come in as a replacement and hit the ground hard which I find a lot easier to do as a civ than as Mafia.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do JessieKruger and M Plus 7 make sense as mafia teammates?

JessieKruger
MP feels like under the radar scum | Oh he's not playing :shrug2:

Nothing from MP.

Conclusion: I have no reason to discount them as teammates.

Do JessieKruger and MacDougall make sense as mafia teammates?

No direct mentions from Jessie.

Mac says GTH good

Do JessieKruger and Tsaiah / nutella make sense as mafia teammates?

Nothing from Jessie.

Light orange in nutella's rainbow
Identifies Jessie as low poster/easy target when describing suspicions of Dragomir

Do JessieKruger and rundontwalk2 make sense as mafia teammates?

Nothing from either of them. No reason to discount as teammates.

Do JessieKruger and speedchuck make sense as mafia teammates?

Nothing from Jessie.

??? - speedchuck's read today
speedchuck digs into the ISO and emerges with some suspicions. Not sure if there's a good reason for mafia chuck to raise these concerns about a teammate who is otherwise by his very nature overlooked. Nice dissociative look, and enough to save this post from utter boredom.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sometime soon I might need to break out my salad stats. :grin:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:07 am I am going to do an Epi and give Jay my vote. If Jay is Mafia in this game I will shit my pants.

Your vote is your responsibility, not mine. Why am I a civilian?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am the night 3 alignment cop and I got a green peek on someone. I have already surmised several strong civilian reads from how they have engaged this person so I have zero intention to reveal it until either they or I are under threat. One thing I will say is that I still want Dragomir dead.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:15 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:07 am I am going to do an Epi and give Jay my vote. If Jay is Mafia in this game I will shit my pants.

You have done everything that civilian Jay does every game in the same way that you do every game and I cannot pretend otherwise.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I think I have a potentially game winning POE now.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:16 am I am the night 3 alignment cop and I got a green peek on someone. I have already surmised several strong civilian reads from how they have engaged this person so I have zero intention to reveal it until either they or I are under threat. One thing I will say is that I still want Dragomir dead.
Just make sure that information finds its way into this thread, Australia

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:16 am

You have done everything that civilian Jay does every game in the same way that you do every game and I cannot pretend otherwise.
What does a mafia Jay do?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:21 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:16 am

What does a mafia Jay do?
Tries less and makes excuses for it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:21 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:16 am I am the night 3 alignment cop and I got a green peek on someone. I have already surmised several strong civilian reads from how they have engaged this person so I have zero intention to reveal it until either they or I are under threat. One thing I will say is that I still want Dragomir dead.
Just make sure that information finds its way into this thread, Australia
All in due time fren.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do M Plus 7 and MacDougall make sense as mafia teammates?

Nothing from MP.

Mac prods MP and Tsaiah - token
Another on Day 3 with a vote
GTH bad

Conclusion: Default nothing. No reason to discount as teammates.

Do M Plus 7 and Tsaiah / nutella make sense as mafia teammates?

Nothing from MP. Light orange on nutella's rainbow. k

Conclusion: No reason to discount them as teammates.

Do M Plus 7 and rundontwalk2 make sense as mafia teammates?

Nothing either way. *twiddles finger over lips* :bored:

Do M Plus 7 and speedchuck make sense as mafia teammates?

Nothing from MP. ??? read from speedchuck. k I got nothing.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm getting too much cot damned yellow from this exercise. It's to be expected with numerous low-activity players. I would appreciate any second looks though.

Consider your strongest suspicions. Find me teammates for those people. Or non-teammates. Or both.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: MU Season 6 Scrimmage [Day 1]

Post by nutella »

ok here are some scattered thoughts on speed

so first of all I forgot to include in my drago post the whole thing about speed's "no lynch" gambit/trap and DDL's response to it, since drago did mention that and it caught my eye on first glance particularly as an odd mention of speed from drago, like it was somehow contrived to bolster his DDL suspicion. It would be going pretty far to postulate that the whole thing was a setup planned in scum chat or something, it just felt weird how drago took advantage of the whole thing to put speed in a good light and ddl in a bad one.
speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:24 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:18 pm Basically I voted you reflexively and now I'm trying to save face.
To add to Jack's above thoughts, DDL could have just voted as a disapproval and then moved on. A vote can be just as throwaway as the original line. But he's panicking, doubling down then retreating, trying to sound justified, etc.

I don't feel like I'm the authority on this, as I'm the one who baited the trap and might be biased, and DDL was the first to respond, but he definitely looks worst at first glance.
I may need to do some research on how often speed sets early traps like this as town. It's not something I associate with him but my memory could be failing me. If he's scum it would be an easy way to set up an early mislynch target.
speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:44 am
Luxurious wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:24 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:16 pm Alright I'm probably being too harsh. But explain to me why No Lynch is a good idea.
Either own the vote or dont vote bro
Luxurious wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:26 pm I liked the vote but the comment afterwards just left a sour taste in my mouth
I want to town read this because I agree with it really hard.

Don't really see an issue with the rest of the content in this ISO. Lots of off-topic stuff but that's cool.
put it in my pocket put it in my pocket in my back pocket

speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:07 pm
Gemma wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:03 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:00 pm [VOTE: Ultra] aubergine
did you forget that you were townreading that player
No. Because I'm not.

I have some town pings from them, but I mentioned something scummy as well. If it continues, their need to cling to and buddy Nova will easily outweigh any town cred they have.
ok this is hilariously bad. I think Gemma totally hard-read Speed here.

there are various jokey posts in speed's iso that set me off slightly, maybe I'm too detached from the mood of the thread early on but his humor feels unnatural and not quite what I'd expect from him
speedchuck wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:29 pm
Luxurious wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:24 pm Do you have any scum reads outside of, like, DDL
Haven't read the whole game, probably not going to. Finger of suspicion right now is on:

Gemma
Owner
Ultra
Dragomir
DDL

This post comes after two posts of hedging about Gemma, like it sounded like he was going to land on a townlean for her but then he places her in this list. I'm getting hints of romaine.

He comes out strong against Jack pretty suddenly, I'll have to look into what happened with Jack because I don't think speed had even mentioned him before and suddenly was catching up and said "Well anyway Jack is bad." I'm also interested to see when this happened relative to the Ultra wagon bc speed moved off of ultra and perhaps jack did something conveniently suspicious at a convenient time? Sorry I'm lacking in context here and just conf-biasing it, lmk if I'm way off

He doesn't post much day 2, he comments on the role claims a bit, sticks a vote on soneji and that's it
speedchuck wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:52 pm
Luxurious wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:42 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:39 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 5:08 pm speedchuck, tell me about your vote.
I've suspected Gemma since late D1. Their playstyle was alien to me, so I didn't depend on that, but around the end of that day I considered Gemma to be a potential Ultra ally. I can't say I remember why.

I probably would have pursued this more D2 had I not been sick.
I love hypotheticals

So why did you move to Jack then in your hindsight bias
I thought I saw something there. I began pursuing it.
Ended up being a nothingburger.

If not for my hypothetical statement, these are two completely separate suspicions, yeah? Not sure how it relates.

I don't know what this is. Speed what was it you thought you saw with jack and why did you completely forget about him for all of day 2? Again I know I'm lacking context here (I did skim the game before I was in it but I missed a lot of details apparently)

Then today there's this post which I already called out for pinging me six ways to sunday
speedchuck wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:15 pm As someone who still hasn't read the whole game and doesn't intend to:

Dragomir - I see why people think he's scum, but it's like he's rolling in it. Could be some culture difference there. Still a moderate suspicion regardless.
Dragon D Luffy - scumread him early game for taking my bait, have cooled off since. Slightly lower than null
JaggedJimmyJay - haven't seen the scum ping yet, and Jay's been putting in work.
Luxurious - talks too much to be scum.
Macdougall - I have seen nothing to make me think Mac is town
nutella - seems like town nutella to me so far
Owner of a Lonely Heart - had a town ping, need to investigate it

M Plus 7 - ???
rundontwalk2 - I think I've seen people say he's posted some but [citation needed]
JessieKruger - ???

My highest suspicions without looking back are Drago, then Mac, then DDL. But that's all subject to change today, as the weekend is over and my other game is gone (and lost horribly).
Like... all of his scumreads are extremely weak. There's no heart in it. He tosses up a player list with some mostly hedgey statements, and the three names he calls his "highest suspicions" at the end barely sound like that at all. I don't believe he believes any of this.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

hm, okay then
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Luxurious wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:51 am
nutella wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:33 pm Drago iso stuff:
I dont think this is an iso really but more of a case against him lol.
I use the term iso when I create a post from going through someone's iso, but I just pick and choose the things I care to react to
This, as well as shaming Gemma for protecting Jay over Nova, all seem like more TMI to me. Granted, I probably would have been townreading Nova pretty strongly at that point in the game as well, but he's making such a big deal of it all and that sets me off in retrospect.
How is this TMI? Does this affect your read on Jay?
TMI in that nova was his strongest townread/he said nova should have been protected. Not sure what you mean about Jay, the fact that Gemma apparently townread him is irrelevant here. ..Oh, unless you're saying Drago and Jay could be w/w?
Dragomir wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 7:47 am So what do you guys think about DDL and Owner? From the last pages that I read, nobody's really been focusing on them, only Mac. So yeah, I want discussion around those two.
More of this, trying to look like he's steering discussion, and an attempt to pivot away from mac -- tmi or teammate?
How is it an attempt to pivot away from Mac? It really just looks like he wants opinions around his scumreads.

Based on your reads you would assume this is tmi so like, why ask this lol.
How is it not? He's expressing annoyance that people are only talking about Mac and not these other people, and says hey please talk about these other people. And yeah, I townread mac, but there'd be more actual motive in pivoting away from him if they were teammates so I'm putting forth both possibilities.
You’ve quoted the nova post he made regarding townreads, but idr a speed post. Is there something that you saw that connected that for you? I’m gonna look for it myself after this just in case I can find it.
it was more indirect, there was at least agreeing with him on DDL re: the no lynch bait, and maybe something else
I know the point of the ISO is isolation and to remove things from context but like

You had to skip the whole discussion where Nova called bullshit on his pocketing post.

It took a lot to just get this list from him.

So this kinda looks like you intentionally removed the posts around it to make it look as if he went from having no townreads to having a lot of townreads which is like

Wayyyyy bad. Especially since he was so hesitant to give any in the first place :wink:

Anyway my point to this is: did you skip past the parts where we had to harass him for any kinda reads at all?
Well I was only looking at his posts so I only saw his responses to that progression, and you're right that there was a progression/he needed to be prodded to answer the question, but once he answered he really answered lol. He gave five names and then two more without being further prompted I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong there bc that is the main issue I see) even though earlier he was like "no I really don't like to name townreads" -- suddenly when he's being criticized and poked and prodded at for it he's all too eager to fix it.
I could quote more posts but in general his ISO reads like he's tunneling DDL but whenever another easy target comes up he's all "oh yeah I'd totally lynch there" -- happens in regards to low posters like jessie and rdw, and also the way he suspects owner, backs off when she claims because of his mistaken "assumption" about the roles (easily faked "dumbtell" which I already brought up) and then eagerly goes right back to suspecting her:
I dont think it’s a faked dumbtell considering he dragged it out for a few days

Otherwise this is like, fine. Not good, but fine.
okay, sure. it doesn't have to be fake for him to be mafia though, maybe the mafia all have roles that seem like common roles for mafia to have and he still didn't realize how the setup worked
Nova called this salad. Drago probably doesn't know what that means. At least one of his teammates probably does. Nova died.
(don't @ me for NKA lol I just think it's funny, and the salad accusation in itself is a fair one.)
B( i still dont know what it means.

You already assume he’s scum here so lol iso.
have explained it now. And I know I am guilty of confbiasing when I do isos bc again I cherrypick stuff that sticks out to me. this in particular was sort of a joke though, I don't think nova was suspecting drago otherwise and his salad accusation seemed like probably joking in the first place
Then there's the stuff just from today. Going after Owner for criticizing the Gemma lynch ex post facto when he did much the same thing both pre- and post facto. Yeaaah, hypocrisy yada yada, civilians have double standards sometimes, I know, but I still really don't like it -- he's too eager to jump on owner. I grant her post was weird but drago made it into a whole thing that doesn't look natural coming from him.

k this is what i've got for now, will gather speed stuff next but probably eating first
Why does it not look natural coming from him? What about it made you feel that way?

Also re: critiquing Gemma lynch, Mac also criticized it and didnt vote there. He then voted for Dragomir claiming TMI. How does that affect your Mac read?
as in it didn't feel natural how much he pounced on owner for this one thing that was similar to something he did himself, looked like he was trying to push suspicion on her from whatever source he could get

re: mac, I think I see what you're getting at but I think mac legitimately preemptively suspected drago of TMI, which I actually did as well so I don't blame him. anyway you posted this earlier but I'm seeing this after mac's claim and I like how he framed it enough to trust him for now.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine

Feeling more strongly about him at the moment, but if nobody agrees I'm still happy to lynch Drago
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do MacDougall and nutella make sense as mafia teammates?

MacDougall:
~ The same token prod mentioned before with MP and Tsaiah
~ GTH bad
~ Likes nutella's effort as a replacement

nutella:
~ Appreciates Mac poking me about the Gemma wagon
~ Green on the rainbow
~ Gripes about Drago's handling of Mac among many other things
~ Expanded / believes in Mac's assessment of Drago TMI

Conclusion: They're mutually positive on each other to this point. Okay. None of this jumps out at me as particularly alarming; they're technically compatible.

Do MacDougall and rundontwalk2 make sense as mafia teammates?

MacDougall:
~ Well if it isn't Skyler - RDW is Skyler. This post exists.
~ Mac made an early case that RDW and I are mafia teammates. Could be an attempt to attach a teammate to me wrongly.
~ You traitor! - k
~ RDW's vote on Mac is RDW being a biatch. Mac doesn't seem bothered.
~ GTH good
~ Prods nova about RDW vote

Nothing from RDW not already covered.

Conclusion: I'm a bit bugged. Mac's treatment of RDW was awkwardly chummy on Day 0/1 given the suspicions he expressed. Orange.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Do MacDougall and speedchuck make sense as mafia teammates?

MacDougall:
~ Can you show me where DDL touched you? k
~ Feels good about speedchuck on Day 2
~ Implicit defense of speedchuck by way of attacking Epignosis
~ GTH good | Follow-up jokes
~ Assertion that speed and I may have coordinated Gemma votes in BTSC | Lighthearted follow-up
~ Blendy McBlenderson | Well fuck

speedchuck:
~ Mac is more bold than he is - not sure what this means
~ Looking forward to the Mac attack
~ Seen nothing to think Mac is town and a 2nd suspect
~ Back to a towny boy on reread

~~~

Conclusion: I can make the case if I want to; they've had a chummy game together. I don't feel much inspiration from this though; they're technically compatible.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Well if it makes you feel any better I would be totally 100% fine with an RDW lynch.
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 249

Post by Dragomir »

nutella wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:33 pmewhen he did much the same thing both pre- and post facto. Yeaaah, hypocrisy yada yada, civilians have double standards sometimes, I know, but I still really don't like it -- he's too eager to jump on owner. I grant her post was weird but drago made it into a whole thing that doesn't look natural coming from him.

Oh this is fucking bullshit. Excuse me here but I am triggered by this. BY NO MEANS did I ever do the same thing that I called out Owner for! I literally said my brag post wasn't telling town that they shouldn't have lynched Gemma but just me bragging and I explained why to you! You haven't responded to it yet and now you're ignoring it over here acting like I'm being a hypocrite when it's not the case. Why is you lying to make me look bad?
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:04 am
Luxurious wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 9:44 pm Now that speedchuck is posting again I’m mindmelding with him about nutella and i like, dig it but I hate it
What’s the point of picking out one worthless post, saying it’s worthless, and then doing nothing with it anyway
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Hey Mac who’s your fucking green peek
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] is there a specific action order y’all use on this site?

Like which roles go first and stuff
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

It’s very important for me to know since I assume Jailkeep goes first but like, idk how y’all do things

Anyway this means I jailed Mac last night
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Luxurious wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:52 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:04 am
What’s the point of picking out one worthless post, saying it’s worthless, and then doing nothing with it anyway
I like to comment on things I see with opinions I have
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Luxurious wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 8:55 am
Hey Mac who’s your fucking green peek
Your face
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If you jailed me and my action worked then either you're lying or Sloonberg made a mistake.

I expect Sloonberg to clear it up.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

*twiddles thumbs*
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

I did change my action from DDL to you last night so I guess it could be mod mistake but like

I even double checked my action submission to make sure it was you and it sure was
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Funny
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:03 am If you jailed me and my action worked then either you're lying or Sloonberg made a mistake.

There’s the potential for me being roleblocked but idk which actions go first hence my question to the mod
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

I guess all I can do now is fucking sit on my hands and wait
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Maybe alignment checks don't get prevented by jailness in Sloonworld on account of them not being damaging to the recipient.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Luxurious wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:06 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:03 am If you jailed me and my action worked then either you're lying or Sloonberg made a mistake.

There’s the potential for me being roleblocked but idk which actions go first hence my question to the mod
A roadblock would stop your role but usually you would be told

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”