62%

Total votes: 13
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Arrowverse Mafia - Day 0

Post by Sloonei »

sprityo wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:06 pm hm, well yes mac. i can deduce that today is in fact, day 0

thank you, this has been my ted talk
whatup? what's happening in this game? do you approve or disapprove of anything?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 390
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:06 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:47 pm
nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:11 pm Jackofhearts2005 would you mind having a still image for an avatar for once. the fast movement makes it really hard for me to focus on reading posts
That is the entire point of moving avatars.
Well if you insist on that it's anti-town. :meany:
But pro good animation.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 390
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

This is a great lineup.
Luxurious
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 507

Post by Luxurious »

Ultra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:28 pm Forgot that the felicity player can't just post results

In that case, what we might want to try a coordinated effort to allow the felicity player to "claim indirectly"

Here's what I'm thinking, if all of us come together and decide on D1 that nobody is allowed to cast a vote, except for the felicity player who casts a vote on her peek, we get whoever we want out D1.

This doesn't break the claiming rules as far as I understand, because anybody can still step forth and vote. But if someone else does vote, we'll still know one is felicity and one is scum. So still a net +
Interesting idea but that would not only out them and give scum a target

But wouldnt it be better to hold off using that until late game where there’ll be more information regarding player alignment?
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:18 pm This is a great lineup.
I have to agree with Jack I do really like his avatar
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Creature »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:57 pm
Creature wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 1:55 pm Before I catch up: what comes after D0? N1 or D1?
Day 1
Okay, nice
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Why can't I set 100 posts per page?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:19 pm
Ultra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:28 pm Forgot that the felicity player can't just post results

In that case, what we might want to try a coordinated effort to allow the felicity player to "claim indirectly"

Here's what I'm thinking, if all of us come together and decide on D1 that nobody is allowed to cast a vote, except for the felicity player who casts a vote on her peek, we get whoever we want out D1.

This doesn't break the claiming rules as far as I understand, because anybody can still step forth and vote. But if someone else does vote, we'll still know one is felicity and one is scum. So still a net +

But wouldnt it be better to hold off using that until late game where there’ll be more information regarding player alignment?
This has already been resolved and put to bed, but any type of maneuver like this would violate the no-claiming rules.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Okay I see thanks Slo
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

MafiaMenace wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:53 pm
Ultra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:49 pm Hot take

Felicity player should use her one shot on Rip Hunter to prevent Cult Shenanigans
at first glance cult looks pretty harmless early game, in my personal opinion it should be spent on someone like deathstroke, it brings down the average kpn from 2.5 (i assume) down to 1.5

i dont see any posts of ultra that would let me make a read as they are all pregame fluff which happens or strategic thinking which comes from both alignments
Hmmmm
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Creature wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:24 pm Why can't I set 100 posts per page?
You should be able to, but I was curious and started clicking around in my own UCP and it doesn't seem like the posts-per-page function is working at all. No matter what number I set it to, it stays at 50. I'll get to the bottom of this or die trying, you have my word.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I think I accidentally joined a ToS game, but let's see
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:15 pm Hello. This is a mafia game.
Hello, mafia game. This is a creature.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 200
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:30 pm
You should be able to, but I was curious and started clicking around in my own UCP and it doesn't seem like the posts-per-page function is working at all. No matter what number I set it to, it stays at 50. I'll get to the bottom of this or die trying, you have my word.
here lies sloonei, cause of death: phpbb fuckery
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:29 pm

Felicity player should use her one shot on Rip Hunter to prevent Cult Shenanigans
at first glance cult looks pretty harmless early game, in my personal opinion it should be spent on someone like deathstroke, it brings down the average kpn from 2.5 (i assume) down to 1.5

i dont see any posts of ultra that would let me make a read as they are all pregame fluff which happens or strategic thinking which comes from both alignments
Hmmmm
what's on yer mind?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Spacedaisy wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:36 pmBe aware my game is likely starting soon
Is it less antitown-heavy?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:32 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:30 pm
here lies sloonei, cause of death: phpbb fuckery
I was not ready to be teal.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 70

Post by speedchuck »

Cooler wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:22 am Hi all,

First game here.

I tried catching up but the black background made my eyes bleed...
I'm using the light background.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:12 pm
Ultra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:03 pm I'll drop this for a second because you mentioned earlier other ways to make use of info roles - do you mind expanding, and how do you think we could possibly make use of felicia
"Breadcrumbing" is the popular term here for info-proliferation. Just because people aren't allowed to claim their roles, it doesn't mean they have to ignore the information they receive. If, for instance, a cop gets a guilty ID on a player they hadn't previously suspected, there's nothing preventing them from launching into a full tirade against that player the next day, or dropping subtle hints here and there. Basically the no-claiming rules make it so information is to be used more personally, and puts the onus on the civilians to be active in the thread and function as a group to solve the game, rather than waiting for power roles to come along.

This is part of the reason why I'm in no hurry to read all of the roles in the setup. It's never that bit of a deal to me early on. I know my role and I know how I want to approach the game as a civilian. That's all I need to get started.

I don't care to comment on how to make use of Felicia at this time. I think the player who has that role can be trusted to use it however they see fit. I don't think it's a bad idea to provide suggestions, though.
Dont think I’ve played a game before where a cop got a perk and didn’t immediately go “y’all this is it we gottem” by outing their role.

Or a game where everyone didnt claim peeks so the cop could easily out their information without outing themselves

This is both interesting and annoying since I do think it minimizes info a bit but site differences
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

MafiaMenace wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:45 pm

I am here!
Nice Google image
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Also signatures confuse me a lot.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 70

Post by speedchuck »

Creature wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:35 pm Also signatures confuse me a lot.
Turn them off? :grin:
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:35 pm
Ultra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:03 pm I'll drop this for a second because you mentioned earlier other ways to make use of info roles - do you mind expanding, and how do you think we could possibly make use of felicia
"Breadcrumbing" is the popular term here for info-proliferation. Just because people aren't allowed to claim their roles, it doesn't mean they have to ignore the information they receive. If, for instance, a cop gets a guilty ID on a player they hadn't previously suspected, there's nothing preventing them from launching into a full tirade against that player the next day, or dropping subtle hints here and there. Basically the no-claiming rules make it so information is to be used more personally, and puts the onus on the civilians to be active in the thread and function as a group to solve the game, rather than waiting for power roles to come along.

This is part of the reason why I'm in no hurry to read all of the roles in the setup. It's never that bit of a deal to me early on. I know my role and I know how I want to approach the game as a civilian. That's all I need to get started.

I don't care to comment on how to make use of Felicia at this time. I think the player who has that role can be trusted to use it however they see fit. I don't think it's a bad idea to provide suggestions, though.
Dont think I’ve played a game before where a cop got a perk and didn’t immediately go “y’all this is it we gottem” by outing their role.

Or a game where everyone didnt claim peeks so the cop could easily out their information without outing themselves

This is both interesting and annoying since I do think it minimizes info a bit but site differences
It's the best way to play, imo. My favorite role is vanilla town though, so maybe don't listen to me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

speedchuck wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:36 pm
Creature wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:35 pm Also signatures confuse me a lot.
Turn them off? :grin:
Just did
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:32 pm

Hmmmm
what's on yer mind?
It feels a bit like a minimization of what Ultra’s doing

And I’m not sure if MM has played with Ultra before but it’s kinda shady to dismiss his posts as pregame fluff or NAI
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:37 pm

It's the best way to play, imo. My favorite role is vanilla town though, so maybe don't listen to me.
Run mountainous game so there isnt any mechanic info to be had :tipping:
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:52 pm Lol hi, @Creature.
Hello, are you still randing scum?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:38 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:37 pm

Run mountainous game so there isnt any mechanic info to be had :tipping:
We do, under the "Heists" section.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Ultra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:07 pmI'm used to playing milder role madness closed set ups, and some normal open set ups
I remember most mafia games being exactly like this.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Epignosis wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:26 pm
Creature wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:23 pm Hi I'm new how do I play?
Vote where I vote and use your role power on the person I say to use it on.

Welcome aboard. :beer:
Instructions unclear, I accidentally deleted a forum board.
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:29 pm Let's decide whether or not a thing is pingworthy, gang.
speedchuck wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:13 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:10 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:08 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:02 pm @Ultra what does your scum hunting look like? What types of games are you used to playing, mechanics/setup-wise? What kind of pizza did you get earlier?
This is, like, the opposite of what I saw last game. :ponder:

Also hi guys
What did you see last game?
Ultra has hesitant to interact with the thread, which is why I voted him D1. He spoke mostly to Nova, who was answering whatever was thrown his way. Some weird dependent thing.

This game, Ultra has already made a hot take and claimed that he's going to flex on the thread (not hesitant), and you're buzzing him with questions as if he needs the help. (Where Nova was just whatever about it)

Enough for an early townread on Ultra. Not sure what to think of all your questions yet. Feels kinda like fluff, but it's also something you do with new players.
The highlighted portion feels tacked on and arbitrary. Speedchuck has shared a straightforward read about Ultra when prompted. He then adds a nothing read on Sloonei which acknowledges that he is observing Regular Sloonei Behavior, but quibbles over it anyway. Why does this non-read on Sloonei exist?
Tinfoil

Next question
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

This is definitely wrong, but probably town.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:46 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:29 pm Let's decide whether or not a thing is pingworthy, gang.
Sloonei wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:02 pm @Ultra what does your scum hunting look like? What types of games are you used to playing, mechanics/setup-wise? What kind of pizza did you get earlier?

Also hi guys
Ultra has hesitant to interact with the thread, which is why I voted him D1. He spoke mostly to Nova, who was answering whatever was thrown his way. Some weird dependent thing.

This game, Ultra has already made a hot take and claimed that he's going to flex on the thread (not hesitant), and you're buzzing him with questions as if he needs the help. (Where Nova was just whatever about it)

Enough for an early townread on Ultra. Not sure what to think of all your questions yet. Feels kinda like fluff, but it's also something you do with new players.
The highlighted portion feels tacked on and arbitrary. Speedchuck has shared a straightforward read about Ultra when prompted. He then adds a nothing read on Sloonei which acknowledges that he is observing Regular Sloonei Behavior, but quibbles over it anyway. Why does this non-read on Sloonei exist?
Tinfoil

Next question
Which thing qualifies as tinfoil here?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

MafiaMenace wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:31 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:12 pm

I am here!
Welcome back. What is your first impression of Ultra?
holy shit we're allowed to read people on day 0?
What would be the point of a day 0 otherwise?
Ultra
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 201

Post by Ultra »

I mean the felicity player's peak is a one shot, and can ascertain the identity of any player role in the game, so I think it's a no brainer that it would be used straight away
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Ultra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:46 pm Though, I appreciate the universal town read, and if we can find townies, it goes a long way Image
Or it makes you a target for recruitment :duck:
MafiaMenace
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 62

Post by MafiaMenace »

k so the math is wrong
it goes from 2.5 kpn to 2
i assume both factions have a nk
You’re going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road. It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn’t it? I’m sure you’ll overcome this. You’ll walk again… soon.
MafiaMenace
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MafiaMenace »

Creature wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:48 pm
MafiaMenace wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:31 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:12 pm

I am here!
Welcome back. What is your first impression of Ultra?
holy shit we're allowed to read people on day 0?
What would be the point of a day 0 otherwise?
greeting, introduction, etc.
no other place i play on has a day 0
You’re going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road. It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn’t it? I’m sure you’ll overcome this. You’ll walk again… soon.
MafiaMenace
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MafiaMenace »

Creature wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:35 pm

I am here!
Nice Google image
where else am i supposed to get it?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Epignosis wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:49 pm Civilians must vote to keep their heels on the throat of mafia. Any plan that recommends civilians do not vote is suspect to me.
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:47 pm
Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:46 pm

Also hi guys

Tinfoil

Next question
Which thing qualifies as tinfoil here?
The read on you?

Considering how you started the game, and the fact that JJJ just flipped scum after doing a lot of prodding and fake town work, it’s not hard to understand that Speed (and me a bit) has a tinfoil on you already.

Towning it up only to flip scum at post game because you won :mafia:
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:25 pm

This has already been resolved and put to bed, but any type of maneuver like this would violate the no-claiming rules.
Well, the matter of coordinating a move like this has been put to bed.

I'm still interested in how we can acquire this information.

If we just suggest, for example, that the felicity player hints by voting out of the gate, without telling anyone else explicitly not to do that, I think it would be a huge stretch to consider that angleshooting.

Assuming the felicity player can get their peek straightaway (it says once per game, so I assume any time, but it might be a night exclusive action)
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:48 pm
Ultra wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:46 pm Though, I appreciate the universal town read, and if we can find townies, it goes a long way Image
Or it makes you a target for recruitment :duck:
By the already established innocuous cult faction yes
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Ultra wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:48 pm

I mean the felicity player's peak is a one shot, and can ascertain the identity of any player role in the game, so I think it's a no brainer that it would be used straight away
I mean sure if you wanna get a scum right from the start and not give them any chance to out their teammates

But there are only 2 (pending 3) in the mafia team currently
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:54 pm
Ultra wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:48 pm

I mean sure if you wanna get a scum right from the start and not give them any chance to out their teammates

But there are only 2 (pending 3) in the mafia team currently
uh

there are like, 7 scum in this game
MafiaMenace
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MafiaMenace »

Luxurious wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:38 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:32 pm

Hmmmm
what's on yer mind?
It feels a bit like a minimization of what Ultra’s doing

And I’m not sure if MM has played with Ultra before but it’s kinda shady to dismiss his posts as pregame fluff or NAI
none of his posts were readable
they come from both alignments and are very common posts to make

you may find a read in there but i see it as a stretch
Ultra
Stool Pigeon

Post by Ultra »

potentially 8
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Actually a question I had regarding Sara/ Laurel is that do they become a different scum team should they find each other and we have like

5 factions
MafiaMenace
Corrupt Union Official

Post by MafiaMenace »

its funny how you waited for someone to ask you whats on your mind rather than actually getting to the point
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

The non-town to town balance has been a topic of discussion, so I want to take a closer look at the Independent roles for threat level.

Rip Hunter:
Rip Hunter is a Time Master, and he is recruiting a team of Legends to help him travel through time and space fixing aberrations to the timeline. Every even night he recruits a player to his team. The Legends will win if at any point the surviving Legends outnumber the surviving total baddies.
DF has told us that the Legends do not prevent a Town victory and the two sides can win in conjunction. This is a benign cult, as somebody else put it. Not really a threat to the town, but the capacity does exist, albeit obscurely, for this faction to work against town's interest. It seems more likely that they would want to eliminate mafia members above civilians. Not town, but not explicitly anti-town either.

Deathstroke:
Deathstroke has been driven to madness through grief and the Mirakuru drug. He will kill every odd night. Last man standing. Due to the Mirakuru and his body armor, he survives the first kill and first lynch attempt on him. He also may not be recruited.
Bulletproof serial killer. That's not ideal. Anti-town, but with the capacity to be anti-mafia as well. But this role poses a definite threat to the town. Not good.

Prometheus:
SECRET
Nothin'. Looks imposing. I don't know anything about the lore so I can't really speculate about what this role would do. Safer to assume they can function as a threat to the town. I doubt we have an additional serial killer on top of Deathstroke, two mafia teams, and an even night vigilante, but there are other ways for an independent role to hurt town.

So of the three indies, we have one non-threatening entity with more potential to help town than to do harm, one hostile killer, and one deep dark mystery.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”