62%

Total votes: 13
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Arrowverse Mafia - Day 2

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:27 am I also have my opinion of the above (and it isn't number three). But talk among yourselves.
I have a theory that I’d rather not bring up here.

This is a good thing to be aware of.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 451

Post by Epignosis »

I am sick.

And I just sneezed so hard my guitars played a chord. I shit you not.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

That's why I'm not in bed. My head feels like a gumball and my nose is Vesuvius without the fire and death.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Cranberry juice and vodka have a lot of vitamin C though.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 200
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I am confused by a lot of the connections being drawn based on the EOD but I think I could buy Lux/Mata w/w. [VOTE: matahari] aubergine for now.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:02 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:27 am I also have my opinion of the above (and it isn't number three). But talk among yourselves.

Where would you rather bring it up?
Luxurious
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 507

Re: Arrowverse Mafia - Day 0

Post by Luxurious »

Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 3:44 am
nutella wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 2:11 am
Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:45 am I like that iso by Sloo.
why? let me know what you think of my response. almost all of his points were founded on absurd twistings of my words. I don't believe he believes what he's saying.
I first I thought he made valid statements, but thinking about it now, I was rather fooled by his in-depth analysis. Now reading back on it, half of what he said doesn't make any sense.
The player called Sloonei is grilling nutella a little bit. Nothing serious, but the directness of the final question in this exchange suggests attentiveness on his part. nutella gives it a casual sidestep, leaning (it would seem) more toward the "General town read", but with enough resistance in the "roll of foil" comment to avoid rolling over completely. I would file this under "downplaying pressure".
Like right here, not a single clue what he was trying to say here. Looks like like a bunch of words to look more in-depth with iso.
sprityo drops in and drops out. I don't object to keeping tabs on him and putting pressure on him to post more. What bothers me about this is the bluntness of nutella's response. She's being purposefully oppositional toward sprit. It looks more like she's putting a tab on future suspect than she is trying to wrangle content out of a quiet player. File this under "low-hanging fruit".
Next we go to this here. This I believe to be a super trivial reason to say that you're going after the low-hanging fruit. I mean, one would really have to stretch out your sarcasm say the bolded part. Even with that, one really can't get the line of logic there. Also, at least from what I read, you made no push or any questioning/prodding directed at Sprit, going after the low-hanging fruit doesn't really work here as a reason.
I have no direct objections to her Mac suspicion here, so I've cut it out of the post. But it exists and I don't want to seem like I'm dismissing it.
Matahari and MafiaMenace are low-hanging fruit here. Mata falls into the same category as sprit. She goes after MafiaMenace for his focus on mechanics to that point, which is something I've already commented on. These are not particularly inspired suspicions.
Only part of his post where he actually starts making sense imo. I can get how Mata falls into a low-hanging fruit category and the MafiaMenace part. But that last sentenced, the bolded I don't understand. @Sloonei what do you mean by that? So this is basically the only part of the post that I like, and it's pretty meh.

So yeah, I can grill him more but you get the point. And about your response, I'll get to that soonish.
Another thing I have to consider about this post specifically is that there was “no issue” with Sloonei’s ISO until nutella retorted to which Dragomir then went through his ISO and made comments on it

Dragomir, why were these specifically important to point out after nutella’s comment? Why werent they an issue before?
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

nutella wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:05 am I am confused by a lot of the connections being drawn based on the EOD but I think I could buy Lux/Mata w/w. [VOTE: matahari] aubergine for now.
I was gonna ask why but Mata interaction does look bad but like

Meh
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:04 am Cranberry juice and vodka have a lot of vitamin C though.
You’re gonna make it worse in the morning glgl
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

I kinda feel like Mata hasnt really had time to get Into The Game and is posting thoughts as they come to her which is why her posts seem so scattered
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Luxurious wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:07 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:04 am Cranberry juice and vodka have a lot of vitamin C though.
My dear, I have not had a hangover in ten years.
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Also the potential for scum!scatter thoughts but idk I kinda want her to dip her feet into the pool a bit more and get accustomed to the game

Same with sabie/ daisy
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Arrowverse Mafia - Night 1

Post by Sloonei »

Luxurious wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:00 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:00 am
Luxurious wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:24 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:09 pm
Matahari wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:29 am I moved my vote to Cooler as a self pres. I had four votes, Cooler had 4, and Lux had 3 or 4.
Sloonei- okay, you get it right sometimes. But you’re wrong about me.
Epig- I hope you change your mind.
Why did you choose cooler over lux?
Her vote was already on me Slooney
A choice was made to vote for Cooler over you or anyone else. I’d like to know why.
She already said it was self-pres bro
I hadn’t got to that point yet.

I do not know what the poll looked like so I can’t really determine what the situation was when the vote was cast. Oh well.

She’s still a suspect. Epi’s got me looking at Daisy too.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Luxurious wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:08 am I kinda feel like Mata hasnt really had time to get Into The Game and is posting thoughts as they come to her which is why her posts seem so scattered
I would ordinarily be fine with that, but she got caught up in end of Day business, and that's different.
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:09 am
Luxurious wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:07 am
My dear, I have not had a hangover in ten years.
i’ve never had a hangover but I assume that’s because I’m much younger than you!
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:05 am I am confused by a lot of the connections being drawn based on the EOD but I think I could buy Lux/Mata w/w. [VOTE: matahari] aubergine for now.
I’ve been eyeballing this pair since matahari defended lux and then told us she wasn’t defending lux.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:06 am

Alaska seems safe.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:11 am
I’ve been eyeballing this pair since matahari defended lux and then told us she wasn’t defending lux.
What was Marahari hoping to accomplish?
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Sloonei wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:09 am
Luxurious wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:00 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:00 am
Luxurious wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:24 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 12:09 pm
Matahari wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:29 am I moved my vote to Cooler as a self pres. I had four votes, Cooler had 4, and Lux had 3 or 4.
Sloonei- okay, you get it right sometimes. But you’re wrong about me.
Epig- I hope you change your mind.
Why did you choose cooler over lux?
Her vote was already on me Slooney
A choice was made to vote for Cooler over you or anyone else. I’d like to know why.
She already said it was self-pres bro
I hadn’t got to that point yet.

I do not know what the poll looked like so I can’t really determine what the situation was when the vote was cast. Oh well.

She’s still a suspect. Epi’s got me looking at Daisy too.
Not to be nit picky but she says it in the first post you quoted In Here going “i voted cooler for self-pres”

Then you ask Why Not Lux! Which I explained :<

I dont have the poll either but I sure do hope Mac got one (or anyone else) of EOD poll
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:06 am

Alaska seems safe.
I hope a goddamned seal eats you.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Bear in mind where your votes are given REVERSE FLASH (What the fuck is that anyway? You put your trench coat ON?)

Make sure they are on people you suspect.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:12 am
I’m not sure. But the wording and sequence of it was one of the more awkward moments I’ve witnessed in a mafia game in a long time.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:10 am
Luxurious wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:08 am I kinda feel like Mata hasnt really had time to get Into The Game and is posting thoughts as they come to her which is why her posts seem so scattered
I would ordinarily be fine with that, but she got caught up in end of Day business, and that's different.
That’s true. But that’s part of what I was saying re: Not having time to get into the game

Her vote on me felt kinda pressured. In a very very very watered down sense of how the interaction happened, Sloonei wanted an answer on how she wasnt defending me and The Best Way for her to prove that was by voting me
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:14 am
I’m not sure. But the wording and sequence of it was one of the more awkward moments I’ve witnessed in a mafia game in a long time.
It was, and I think we've talked about it. I still suspect her, but I'd rather you talk about the lack of Reverse Flash and the TRENCHCOAT THAT CLOSED UPON HIS BALLS.
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

My biggest issue when considering my own standpoint here is that

I was a main lynch target from the beginning of the day. There’s no point in even HALF defending me if she’s scum because that’s counterproductive to her ultimate goal of getting a mislynch.

There’s also not point in it if we’re both buddies, since that kinda interaction would ultimately kill her in the end should I have flipped scum.

The only other option there under the Assumption that at least one of us is scum is that she hopes her flip proves I’m scum and nets a free town lynch which doesnt work! Since again, I was a main wagon the entire day

So I’m not like, inclined to believe that she’s scum
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Anyway the fact she backed off or even like, denied doing it in the first place is most likely TWTBAW since at that point you might as well hammer it in for the “HA I WAS RIGHT” standpoint of it
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:17 am
It was, and I think we've talked about it. I still suspect her, but I'd rather you talk about the lack of Reverse Flash and the TRENCHCOAT THAT CLOSED UPON HIS BALLS.
I can buy the Slow Speedsters theory. But another theory I can buy is that they were (are) hesitant to use Reverse Flash because it could/would signal to everyone else that one of their members was in danger of being lynched. Obviously “in danger of being lynched” is better than “lynched”, but maybe they’re a bunch of nervous nellies who thought they could get away with it and hang onto their cool ability past Day 1.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Lux, I feel like you're making excuses for Mata.
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Pre-emptive: “ah! But you’re still defending her!! You thusly must be teammates since neither of you got lynched yesterday!!! So now you must be defending your teammate in order to save your hides!!!!”

and to that I say: way to grab at low-hanging fruit
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Luxurious wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:19 am

I was a main lynch target from the beginning of the day. There’s no point in even HALF defending me if she’s scum because that’s counterproductive to her ultimate goal of getting a mislynch.

There’s also not point in it if we’re both buddies, since that kinda interaction would ultimately kill her in the end should I have flipped scum.

The only other option there under the Assumption that at least one of us is scum is that she hopes her flip proves I’m scum and nets a free town lynch which doesnt work! Since again, I was a main wagon the entire day

Sometimes Mafia Make Mistakes
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:23 am
I can buy the Slow Speedsters theory. But another theory I can buy is that they were (are) hesitant to use Reverse Flash because it could/would signal to everyone else that one of their members was in danger of being lynched. Obviously “in danger of being lynched” is better than “lynched”, but maybe they’re a bunch of nervous nellies who thought they could get away with it and hang onto their cool ability past Day 1.
I get that. But...that means they weren't willing to use it when Lux or Mata was ahead. What say you?
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:23 am Lux, I feel like you're making excuses for Mata.
Maybe but i dont really see her as scum. I only looked at it that was at EoD because her vote on me looked opportunistic from a scum standpoint since it pushed me up to lead the lynch (and i assumed day ended at 10:00pm edt)

Otherwise everything she was doing was too openly wolfy for a wolf to be doing
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Luxurious wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:24 am Pre-emptive: “ah! But you’re still defending her!! You thusly must be teammates since neither of you got lynched yesterday!!! So now you must be defending your teammate in order to save your hides!!!!”

I'm not looking for your lynch today. In the future? Perhaps. Today, no.
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Sloonei wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:24 am
Luxurious wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:19 am

Sometimes Mafia Make Mistakes
Yeah but I like to believe that in an idealistic world they wouldnt make such a blatant one
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:27 am
Luxurious wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:24 am Pre-emptive: “ah! But you’re still defending her!! You thusly must be teammates since neither of you got lynched yesterday!!! So now you must be defending your teammate in order to save your hides!!!!”

I'm not looking for your lynch today. In the future? Perhaps. Today, no.
This is for people playing catchup so they already know I’m not gonna respond to their accusations of that post
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Luxurious wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:26 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:23 am Lux, I feel like you're making excuses for Mata.
Maybe but i dont really see her as scum. I only looked at it that was at EoD because her vote on me looked opportunistic from a scum standpoint since it pushed me up to lead the lynch (and i assumed day ended at 10:00pm edt)

That's the difference between you and me.

It isn't too evil to be evil- it can be "I'm scared and scuffling and don't know what to do." I've seen plenty of mafia do that- even experienced mafioso.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

This will be my last drink. I can finally feel my own head and my nose has stopped running.

I would lynch Matahari because she fits either team or an independent. She has given me no reason to believe she's a civilian.

I would lynch Spacedaisy because she is on Team Tardy and isn't keeping up with things.
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:28 am

It isn't too evil to be evil- it can be "I'm scared and scuffling and don't know what to do." I've seen plenty of mafia do that- even experienced mafioso.
I mean this is a possible consideration

But on day 1 no less....

I would assume then that someone else up for the lynch would be her teammate because it doesnt make sense to backtrack on me unless the other option was someone she really didnt want to go on
Luxurious
Drug Dealer

Post by Luxurious »

I’m sticking on nutella for now. I do wanna hear more from both her and mata
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:25 am
I get that. But...that means they weren't willing to use it when Lux or Mata was ahead. What say you?
Was cooler in any danger at that point? Not having been around, I don’t know what the poll looked like. But why would anyone bother to use up that ability on Day 1 when there is no apparent danger to their own team?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Arrowverse Mafia - Day 1

Post by Epignosis »

Matahari wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:20 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:12 pm Similarly, Matahari’s response where she singled out Luxurious to offer a weird pseduo-defense which she later claimed was not a defense is many shades of confusing to me. I didn’t like the read she presented, and I didn’t like that she later denounced it as a defense without really explaining what the read itself.
You aren’t as good a judge of civvieness as I hoped you’d be. I can’t accept your other comments about people you think are bad, because I know you’re wrong about me. Either way, I would not place a vote on you today. I get it and I’m sure everyone else gets it too.
This post is something the devil makes with grenadine and bourbon.

It discredits Sloonei without suspecting him.
It says "You're wrong about everything else because you're wrong about me" which Matahari knows can't be true (she's smart).
Toys out of the pram as they say (eh Mac?) or something else?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:35 am

Was cooler in any danger at that point? Not having been around, I don’t know what the poll looked like. But why would anyone bother to use up that ability on Day 1 when there is no apparent danger to their own team?
There are multiple kills. You are not guaranteed the use of that role outside Day 1. I would have burned it Day 1 given the chance. Reverse Flash (OH YES THEY CALL HIM THE STREAK!) could be dead by now.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Luxurious wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:33 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:28 am

I mean this is a possible consideration

But on day 1 no less....

I would assume then that someone else up for the lynch would be her teammate because it doesnt make sense to backtrack on me unless the other option was someone she really didnt want to go on
Mafia Member feels some scrutiny on them and needs to present a read. The pressure is on.

Mafia Member has no authentic reads and tried to concoct one. They present some waffly thoughts about A Player With Votes. People start to grill them on it.

Mafia Member panics and changes course. Possibly they tried to adopt a new strategy all of a sudden. Possibly they tried not to get pinned into a corner. Either way, they were not prepared for the direction their read was heading in, so they attempted to correct it.

Mafia Member gets confused, foot ends up in mouth.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:36 am
Matahari wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:20 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:12 pm Similarly, Matahari’s response where she singled out Luxurious to offer a weird pseduo-defense which she later claimed was not a defense is many shades of confusing to me. I didn’t like the read she presented, and I didn’t like that she later denounced it as a defense without really explaining what the read itself.
You aren’t as good a judge of civvieness as I hoped you’d be. I can’t accept your other comments about people you think are bad, because I know you’re wrong about me. Either way, I would not place a vote on you today. I get it and I’m sure everyone else gets it too.
This post is something the devil makes with grenadine and bourbon.

It discredits Sloonei without suspecting him.
It says "You're wrong about everything else because you're wrong about me" which Matahari knows can't be true (she's smart).
Toys out of the pram as they say (eh Mac?) or something else?
Oh yes, I almost forgot this post. I gave it a scathing “Yuck” at the time, the harshest possible review any post can get.

She discredits my read without commenting on it specifically and turns to a direct and blatant ad hominem attack. Never mind that the same concerns about her have been expressed by others by this time. This looks like a total last resort self-defense.
She avoids the OMGUS/NO U, possibly consciously because she had just argued (I think) that that would be a bad look for Luxurious.
I don’t have any idea what “I get it and I’m sure everyone else gets it too” means.

But the rest of this post is just ad hominem.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:38 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 2:35 am

There are multiple kills. You are not guaranteed the use of that role outside Day 1. I would have burned it Day 1 given the chance. Reverse Flash (OH YES THEY CALL HIM THE STREAK!) could be dead by now.
I agree, but not everyone thinks that way.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Matahari »

Guys, I have been reading along and getting an education tonight. Yes, I’ve learned that things have changed a lot.
The school I come from hates to put a vote on townies, and it’s very hard to intuit people early in a game. I had a small ping on Lux because of a possible slip. When other people started taking that slip seriously, I Tried to reread Lux to make sure she was the best way to go.
She wasn’t defending herself strongly. She wasn’t trying to make cases on anyone. I asked myself why. My answer was an either/or. She was a scared mafia, or she was a clueless civ. I put my thoughts in the thread, hoping for some input. People instead pounced on it. I tried to clear it up, I thought using words like maybe and possible, would have been read, but apparently those words didn’t register. I made it clear enough that she was a ping, but I wanted to feel more sure.

I can’t make it any clearer because new mafia apparently goes by a mafia book of rules, and putting your thoughts in the thread must be frowned upon.
If this makes me bad, then just lynch me for heavens sakes. I’d rather be lynched than nk’d

And yes, my yuck post was pure frustration. I stayed in the thread after that post and watched the scoreboard. At two minutes before eod, Cooler and myself were the only ones with four votes. I switched, and then took a break from the thread. I have suspicions of a few players but I’ll wait until tomorrow to post about them. Also lots of linki will read later.
Ultra
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 201

Post by Ultra »

Ultra wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 11:04 pm Interesting that nobody was killed by the league.

There are few protective roles in this game, one of which belongs to the league itself.

So we can discern they either shot Thea Queen or Deathstroke. Had they hit The Queen the shot should rebound though.

But it leads to a potentially interesting conclusion - someone who was a high priority target is actually the SK
Just want to reiterate here and say if it was The Queen who blacked and reversed a shot - the write up would probably indicate that information with a failed kill on their would be killer

So unless I'm missing some obvious detail it seems to me that this conclusion is likely

Thoughts?
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 208

Post by Dragomir »

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:21 am @Dragomir my dude. Give us your thoughts?
Nutella scum, Sloonei scum, Mata scum, Luxy town. Long Con maybe scum. Wilgy scum too.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 351

Post by MacDougall »

Luxurious wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:53 am The only thing this discussion makes me think is that neither jack or epi are on that team
Agreed
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 208

Post by Dragomir »

Luxurious wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:23 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 9:21 am I'm not happy.
Dragomir why are you unhappy about a scum being lynched

Even with little info we still got one?
I already said why.

Return to “Previous Jobs”