62%

Total votes: 13
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Arrowverse Mafia - Day 3

Post by Sloonei »

Colin what are your first impressions of this game? You should have been able to digest all 56 pages without any problem by now, right?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 41

Re: Arrowverse Mafia - Day 1

Post by ColinIsCool »

juliets wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:20 pm
Ultra wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:11 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:07 pm
Ultra wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:03 pm To be fair I think there's little necessity to cast doubt over me when there are so many viable pushes today. But between the 180 and the testing the waters by asking around, it looks like a pretty bad push.
I do not suspect you. There is no push happening. Please just tell me your reads.
I would like to know what your original vote was about then, because it seems like what you were trying to project by asking everyone to give their read on me was that you already had some suspicions and opinions. Or, you just had a gut read.

I'm not sure how I wasn't supposed to get the impression that you were suspecting me, so explain what that was about.

As for my reads - suspect speedchuck. Soft agree that cooler looks scummy. Voted Juliet earlier but that wasn't going anywhere and I think I'll have to ISO her again to sort her out. I'd like to question Mac more.
Ultra, what are you seeing in speedchuck that causes you to suspect him? If you have given an explanation today I just missed it so just tell me to go to your ISO.
I'm just quoting this so I know where I left off.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:29 pm Colin what are your first impressions of this game? You should have been able to digest all 56 pages without any problem by now, right?
Nope, I'm easily distracted.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 223
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:09 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:39 pm Better than game of thrones finale anyway. Heyo!
As a book reader who refuses to watch the show, this has been a spring of vindication.
Omg someone else like me exists.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Arrowverse Mafia - Day 0

Post by Sloonei »

I also can't read Long Con yet. Fixin' that.
Long Con wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:55 pm :nod: Low-hanging fruit. I agree with Sloonei.
This is what he's agreeing with. Okay.
Long Con wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:16 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:40 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:33 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:30 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:08 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:05 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:44 am @Dragomir nutella’s motivation for that post would be to try to look town. I don’t accuse her of having some nefarious plan in mind there. I accuse her of having a potentially phony tone.
Eh, you really have to stretch it out to say that'd be her motivation.

Why would she have a phony tone though?
Because she’s mafia? There is no motivation here. The accusation here is that her tone could have been false. That’s not something she would consciously plot out, it’s just something that would slip into her posts by accident.
Don't really buy it but ok.
What part do you not buy? I don’t need you to agree with my case, but it seems like you’re disagreeing with it by virtue of flat out misunderstanding, and I compulsively need to bridge that gap.

Sometimes mafia make mistakes. Sometimes they are not authentic. I try to catch them being not authentic. That is what I accused nutella of.
Don't buy her subconsciously slipping like that. Sounds like a stretch.
This is suspicious stuff from Dragomir. First of all, just because Sloon said that a phony tone could "slip into her posts", that's a far cry from her actually slipping in some way. It's a tone read, not a slip. Is this a cultural misunderstanding of the ways to use the word "slip"? Comes off as hamfisted deliberate misunderstanding, and, coupled with a possible TMI defense of nutella, it's suspicious.
Scum read on Dragomir for his response to my nutella ISO. This was a popular take. I disagreed with it from the start.
Long Con wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:22 pm
Ultra wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:10 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:04 pm
Ultra wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:02 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:59 am
Ultra wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:55 am That's a 65% serious post btw

I mean, just look at that
I do not see the basis for that specific accusation.
Mac's characteristic lack of restraint in accusing everyone as scum fits with the perspective of an Indi, since he could be on the mark but can afford collateral damage. SK's aggressively hunting early is somewhat of a tell in normal set ups, and I think that would be moreso the case here.

But in addition the "You're mafia, he's mafia", comes off as a mindset slip. Because he's not mafia.
I once again do not want to dismiss your read off hand, but I feel the need to add context: this is all standard Mac behavior. If I was going to accuse him of anything, it’s that he’s following his usual meta too closely.
I'll keep this in mind but I also put very little stake in someone else's meta knowledge on another player

Because 90% of the time with meta, players are making blanket observations anyway and not catching potential anomalies, and characterizing average play. So if there was a slip it wouldn't make a difference.
Mac is quite capable of accusing two others of being opposite-team mafiosos while being on one of the mafia teams himself. Assuming he's Indy because of that doesn't strike me as a slam-dunk observation; I think it's more likely that he's mafia. Doesn't totally strike me as Civ, but Mac is an aggressive player, so maybe.
This post has me going in a number of different directions. On the one hand, I like the observation about Mac's scum capabilities and I even tracked down some validation for it at the time.
On the other hand, I don't like how tentative this read is. The last two sentences might as well be a shrug emoji.

Scum read on a Lux post, cites buddying tactics.
Long Con wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 8:50 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:00 am Dragomir have a vote mate
Nah, wait, brother man, here, take two.
LC had earlier "back-burnered" his Dragomir suspicion, but he picks it back up here with a vote. hm.
He would quickly change his vote to Luxurious. But then not.

I like this post towards the end of Day 1. It looks loose and agenda-less. LC is just responding to things in the thread and throwing ideas out there.
He would eventually drop a vote on Cooler. I don't know where this came in the vote progression. He would engage a little bit in the discussion and stuck with Cooler til the end. I don't think LC looks particularly bad at the end of Day 1.

LC was on the Matahari lynch train for a while, but so was everybody else. He at least appeared intent on moving it forward rather than just camping there. I guess. I'm inclined to town read Long Con. But we're not done yet. Here's a post about Sabie:
Long Con wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:10 pm Just looked over sabie's ISO quickly... I couldn't really see much I actually find suspicious. I thought I recalled a suspicion of sabie that I agreed with. Why are we voting sabie?
He's not wrong to say there wasn't much to go off of in Sabie's ISO. The entire basis of the "case" against her was that sprit was grandstanding. Let's see how LC treats this in more detail.
Dismisses it and votes Ultra instead. Okay. That exists.

And... that's kind of it. There was a small exchange wit Ultra about the failed Night 1 kill, and some commentary on the (lack of) Reverse Flash and Epi meta.

Light town read on Long Con overall, but I'd need to ask why Ultra became a suspect late in Day 2. And the standard prod about other reads on other players applies as always.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Ideas for thread trends to look into after doing that LC ISO:

Was there anyone who was part of the Matahari wagon that didn't seem interested in moving it forward?
Was there anyone who actively or aggressively resisted the Sabie wagon?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I would suggest with strong confidence now that Sabie was a Speedster who attempted to kill Thea Queen last night, if that wasn't obvious.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]Epignosis[/mention] [mention]MacDougall[/mention] why is funnygurl/mafiamenace your preferred inactive choice? MafiaMenace was relatively active early in the game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:15 am You know who has no teeth? Mac.

Discuss.
mac is an old man with no teeth

he has to eat all his food blended

how sad
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Epignosis wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:46 am I want to consider the sabie kill. She was lit up like Bonnie and Clyde.

That's strange, isn't it? If you're on the even Night killing team, you have to be aware that sabie is a major suspect for quite a few people, and that some were openly calling for Robin Hood to do her in.

So why submit her name? Why not pick someone else?
i've already answered this question
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 11:40 am
DFaraday wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:26 pm
Thea Queen
She may start out as Oliver's spoiled little sister, but she proves to be quite deadly under the right circumstances. The first time she is targeted for a night kill, it rebounds on the killer.
This is what I was referring to when I said I could see no incentive for the Speedsters to target Sabie. I would guess that she targeted Thea and hit herself instead.

So now I have to wonder whether Lux is completely full of baloney for shading me the way that she did. I'll circle back to that once I've sat on it a bit more. Just putting a pin in this while I go look at other things.
actually, this makes more sense
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Arrowverse Mafia - Night 2

Post by Sloonei »

Returning to Lux. [mention]sprityo[/mention] tell me what you think about these posts:
Luxurious wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:33 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:28 pm
sprityo wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:46 pm THANK YOU, jesus now i can get off my grandstand with this act

the downside is now i have to start playing
Upside

Odd that she was killed by the town vig AND the mafia team. I can think of no incentive for the speedsters to want to kill sabie.
I dont believe that tbh
Luxurious wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 11:36 pm “I can think of no incentive for speedsters to kill sabie”

Like okay maybe if it wasnt you Sloonei saying that I would believe it but

With the day 0 discussion about cults and then deathstroke and then the out of place push by sprityo with little else but “trust me I got this”

Like obviously scum is gonna want an extra kill they cant control out of their way, especially one that cant win with them

So like, i kinda doubt you wouldnt have figured that out yourself
If we treat Sabie's death as accidentally self-inflicted, how do we then treat Lux's hardcore belittling of my suggestion that Sabie makes no sense as a speedster kill target?

"The mob is rising" against me, to quote Long Con. This shade from Lux hit me as absolutely preposterous at the time, but it seems we've entered a phase where it's okay to throw shade at every word that I say. Is Lux just nefariously piling onto that so she can potentially remove my voice from the thread, or at least discredit it? Or is this a sincere read from her?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: luxurious] aubergine

I am heading out for a while now. I’ll be back this evening with some free time for a couple of days.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 451

Post by Epignosis »

I am not married to the idea of RF being an inactive (or formerly inactive).

In fact, we're probably breaking up today.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:31 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 11:39 pm Better than game of thrones finale anyway. Heyo!
As a book reader who refuses to watch the show, this has been a spring of vindication.
Omg someone else like me exists.
same here!
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 200
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Thea Queen
She may start out as Oliver's spoiled little sister, but she proves to be quite deadly under the right circumstances. The first time she is targeted for a night kill, it rebounds on the killer.
This is what I was referring to when I said I could see no incentive for the Speedsters to target Sabie. I would guess that she targeted Thea and hit herself instead.

So now I have to wonder whether Lux is completely full of baloney for shading me the way that she did. I'll circle back to that once I've sat on it a bit more. Just putting a pin in this while I go look at other things.
Ohh huh. That makes sense I guess.

anyway I don't care for your pointless high-effort iso posts today. creature is probably your teammate lol
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I changed my vote to Creature, Sloonei's teammate.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Creature »

Luxurious, MacDougall, Spacedaisy, maybe ColinIsCool
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

nutella, Jackearts, Dragomir's slot, maybe Sloonei
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

nutella wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:04 pm
Thea Queen

anyway I don't care for your pointless high-effort iso posts today. creature is probably your teammate lol
Epignosis wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:24 pm I changed my vote to Creature, Sloonei's teammate.
Damn, you're all amateur
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:14 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:09 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:07 am The rule is not voting for a new player on day 1
Funnygirl just replaced in. This is her D1.

Epi also said that he’s lynch Cooler on D1.

He’s lying when he said he doesn’t vote new players D1.
Bro there is about 1% chance of success in trying to accuse Epi is lying about something he does independently of games.

You are accusing him of lying irl.

Heck, that alone probably makes it NAI.

You are wasting your time.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 11:07 am So, I'm also bothered by the apparent lack of talk about Creature this game.
Yeah, this is scum
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:29 pm Colin what are your first impressions of this game? You should have been able to digest all 56 pages without any problem by now, right?
What?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Creature wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:09 pm nutella, Jackearts, Dragomir's slot, maybe Sloonei
Oh right, forgot about Ultra, but that'd break my "X, Y, Z, maybe W" format.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Oh nvm, wrong Dragomir, sorry.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Ultra town
Jackearts town
nutella town
Sloonei go town for now
Epignosis town
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Sloonei somewhere somewhere quote too long to start with wrote:However, I would guess that relatively unsubstantiated reads (by my standards) are not unusual for Creature.
Do you happen to know me somewhere else?
I could look at his play in Better Off Ted for a reference point.
Oh nvm, how disappointing.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 2:07 am hey guys, what's up. subbin in for maf men as you know
Oh, your slot is scum then
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

sabie town
want to say Long Con is town

sprityo is wtf? NAGL I haven't townread him yet
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Did Matahari die?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 200
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

yeah, mata was lynched and was supergirl, and sabie died at night. you should check the OP for the summary/check DF's ISO for the game posts
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Creature wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:22 pm sabie town
want to say Long Con is town

sprityo is wtf? NAGL I haven't townread him yet
sabie is definitely not town, but ok
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

nutella wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:47 pm yeah, mata was lynched and was supergirl, and sabie died at night. you should check the OP for the summary/check DF's ISO for the game posts
Their name showed up on votes for some reason.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Also, sabie12 didn't show up to be dead in OP.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Creature wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:10 pm
nutella wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:04 pm
Thea Queen

Epignosis wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 4:24 pm I changed my vote to Creature, Sloonei's teammate.
Damn, you're all amateur
Satire is lost on you.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm moving a vote to nutella.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

apparently matahari isnt dead, and im still not on the poll :haha:
Banners:
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

it's also time i move off of sloonei unless i have a legit reason to suspect him
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 390
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Fyi, Creature’s meta on MU is basically “if he posts a lot, he is town.”

So he’s probably not. :shrug2:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

He’s not really in his scum meta either.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Re: Arrowverse Mafia - Day 2

Post by ColinIsCool »

Long Con wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:06 pm
sabie12 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:33 pm
Ultra wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:35 pm
Dragomir wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:21 am Actually, how does an Ultra lynch sound to you guys.
Stop testing the waters and just go for me you pussy
Actually the proper quote for this is "Do it bitch" which won best quote in the sockys! Haha
Also, the identical attitude from Wolbre (?) was followed by the revelation that he was, in fact, bad. Makes me suspect Ultra of being in the same position.
Wasn't wolbre good in that game?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:28 pm
I was always a show-watcher who purposefully did not read the books. The ending made me want to read the books. It is clear that the first half of the story was George RR Martin's, and the second half was somebody else's. They didn't know what to do with a lot of the pieces he'd set in motion.

I'm still not bitter about it though. It was never going to be a perfect ending. Peeps are seriously overreacting to it far and wide.

anyway, back to mafia.
I really hope the books have a different ending if only because I’m fascinated by branching storylines and there’s such an obvious alternative direction for the story.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

that was jack's roundabout way of saying "i dont know anything" :haha:
Banners:
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 69

Post by DFaraday »

sprityo wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:51 pm apparently matahari isnt dead, and im still not on the poll :haha:
How did I not notice that...

Nobody vote for Mata, she's totally dead, yo
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Re: Arrowverse Mafia - Night 2

Post by ColinIsCool »

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:07 pm
nutella wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 2:40 pm Aw Drago left? Hope everything is ok dude

But COOOOLIIINNN dude where you beeeen
Doing nothing of note whatsoever. :slick:
You know, this isn't true. I've been pretty busy the last couple of months. I was gonna sign up for some games but then I got my wisdom teeth out and that was all sorts of fun, I've gone to a few shows in the past few weeks, watched Endgame twice.

But now I'm back to tell you who all the scum are. I already know who they are. :beer:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Creature wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 5:09 pm nutella, Jackearts, Dragomir's slot, maybe Sloonei
Oh hey you’re here.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

sprityo wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 8:04 pm that was jack's roundabout way of saying "i dont know anything" :haha:
No, it’s a joke setup and nobody bit.

*cough*

Creature isn’t really in his scum meta, either.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Creature - lean scum, intentionally staying under the radar
Dragon D Luffy - good
DrWilgy - impossible to read
Dragomir - me
Epignosis - obviously town
Jackofhearts2005 - leaning town
Long Con - GTH scum
Luxurious - town
Macdougall - town, possible he did that D1 lynch maneuver for bus cred, but that's tinfoil
MafiaMenace - somebody else, null
nutella - scum, I found myself nodding vigorously any time anybody voiced a suspicion of her
Sloonei - seems more town than not at this point
Spacedaisy - open to lynching per Epi's theory
sprityo - town
Ultra - went back and forth, thought scum throughout, some recent posts seem town
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

[VOTE: my good friend nutella] aubergine
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 8:18 pm Creature - lean scum, intentionally staying under the radar
Dragon D Luffy - good
DrWilgy - impossible to read
Dragomir - me
Epignosis - obviously town
Jackofhearts2005 - leaning town
Long Con - GTH scum
Luxurious - town
Macdougall - town, possible he did that D1 lynch maneuver for bus cred, but that's tinfoil
MafiaMenace - somebody else, null
nutella - scum, I found myself nodding vigorously any time anybody voiced a suspicion of her
Sloonei - seems more town than not at this point
Spacedaisy - open to lynching per Epi's theory
sprityo - town
Ultra - went back and forth, thought scum throughout, some recent posts seem town
What moments gave you the most vigorous nods on nutella?
Can you go into more detail on Epi and Ultra? Why is LC a GTH bad read?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”