Jackofhearts2005
No votes
juliets
15%
Michelle
8%
Quin
No votes
I'm running out of villains to name here (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
62%

Total votes: 13
Rej
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 29

Re: Girl Genius (Day 1)

Post by Rej »

timmer wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:40 pm
Rej wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:33 pm
timmer wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:20 pm
Rej wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:19 pm Can someone summarize noteable events from D0 in one hunch?
It's only 4 pages to read...
I expect more help from a "fellow civillian". :bighug:
It's literally all the help I can offer, as I haven't read them.

:grin:
I skimmed through and I had hard times getting reads, so my question, was my civillian way of getting either a short summary or get other reactions out.
A bad guy here would take the most convienient answer to my question just to show activity.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 192
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:06 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:53 pm
Rej wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:34 pm [VOTE: timmer] aubergine
Seriously? Because he told you there were only 4 pages to read?
Hey Juliets. It's time for the first impressions :goofp:
Oh no, you know how I hate those. I can't tell squat from a first post.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 87

Post by novaselinenever »

Rej wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:11 pm
Rej wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:19 pm Can someone summarize noteable events from D0 in one hunch?

I skimmed through and I had hard times getting reads, so my question, was my civillian way of getting either a short summary or get other reactions out.
A bad guy here would take the most convienient answer to my question just to show activity.
"My civilian way" LOL

That wasn't natural, you thought about it and inserted it. Perhaps even after the fact. Ergo, this post was fabricated. Fight me.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:07 pm Also I labelled you as bad from your first post, what do you think about that?
You are mistaken. What did you see you thought was bad?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

juliets wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:18 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:07 pm Also I labelled you as bad from your first post, what do you think about that?
Hmm we'll see. I'm not really sure, I guess I felt something was off about your usual opening post. It felt kind of cold and distant rather than welcoming. A replica instead of the genuine thing. The heavy punctuation I think lol.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 79
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Girl Genius (Day 0)

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:42 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:20 pm Self-awareness isn't always a bad thing.
Tell me what our motivation to believe sig is.
I was not making an argument for believing sig. I was making an argument that self-awareness shouldn't be blanketed as a bad thing. I do not have a fully formed opinion on sig in this game at the moment. Do you?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

One thing I like about sig is his thoughts about Dys being 3rd. It's bold, I like the specificality of it. Feels genuine and original.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:26 pm
Dom wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:42 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:20 pm Self-awareness isn't always a bad thing.
Tell me what our motivation to believe sig is.
I was not making an argument for believing sig. I was making an argument that self-awareness shouldn't be blanketed as a bad thing. I do not have a fully formed opinion on sig in this game at the moment. Do you?
Dom - GTH?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:16 am Feel like sig is just taking an opposite stance against anything and everything just for the sake of arguing. I don't like it.
Why not?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:27 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:16 am Feel like sig is just taking an opposite stance against anything and everything just for the sake of arguing. I don't like it.
Why not?
It feels like there is an agenda behind it. That he's taking opposite stance just to argue and put himself out there. Make himself memorable, pump his presence and fake contribution I guess. It doesn't feel natural.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Go Sloonei!!

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:31 pm
Why not?
It feels like there is an agenda behind it. That he's taking opposite stance just to argue and put himself out there. Make himself memorable, pump his presence and fake contribution I guess. It doesn't feel natural.
I can see a civilian mindset behind that sort of behavior. But I do not object to this skepticism either.

I'm still reading things and I feel like your read on sig has developed from where it was at this point. What color would he be on a rainbow list right now?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:32 pm Go Sloonei!!

Oh, I thought you were asking Dom for a GTH read on me.

Town. That one post and his sonnet are the only two I can remember. His question for me felt nitpicky in a way that I appreciate.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Oreki wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:38 am Wow. I am actually reading Nova town lol

Hi, Hope to have a nice game with you all
Why does this read exist and why is it a surprise? Does an answer to this question already exist? Should I finish reading before I make posts?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:33 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:31 pm
Why not?
I can see a civilian mindset behind that sort of behavior. But I do not object to this skepticism either.

I'm still reading things and I feel like your read on sig has developed from where it was at this point. What color would he be on a rainbow list right now?
Yeah we're in the middle of an interaction. Disagree with his take on Dragomir, and proposed him mine. We'd like to see what he saw between Drago and you.

Right now I'd say he'd be a yellow, shaded orange I think.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:26 am Current thoughts are in a world where Sloonie or Drag are mafia they either both are or neither are.
This strikes me as a bizarre read to have on Day 0. Also strikes me as bizarre because I don't feel like I had any super meaningful interactions with Dragomir at all.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 81

Post by Quin »

im petty so im voting [VOTE: creature] aubergine until he's put in an equal amount of Day 1 effort to all the whinging about not being able to do anything yet he did during day 0.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:14 am Pretty good Owner. I think I've spotted a civ among the talkers but I'll hold off naming them until day 1 after I observe some more behavior. How bout you?
Can you tell us now?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 81

Post by Quin »

also i feel sick so im going back to sleep
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Rej wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:50 am
Poison Chan wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:45 am Poison Arrives.
Poison is civillian.

Other civillians: Sig, Juliets, Dragomir
All others might be bad.
Tell me about these reads, Rej.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragomir wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:53 am Stop handing out underserved civ cards. Treat it like a scholarship, not candy. Only give it to the best ppl.
No. Throw out town reads like candy. See how everyone responds to there being candy in the area. Then throw out more candy.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

I'm being shy with my vote. Why is that?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:31 pm I've been civ reading Nova just since he's been playing drastically different from his other games where he's mafia. In those games he tends to lean back and lurk from what I recall. True he could just have more time or switched up his strategy but he's still a civ lean for me.

Since Dom asked I'm neutral on him but GTH I'd have to go with civ.
The days of lurking nova are long gone. He's evolved into Supernova now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:49 pm
Dragomir wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:53 am Stop handing out underserved civ cards. Treat it like a scholarship, not candy. Only give it to the best ppl.
No. Throw out town reads like candy. See how everyone responds to there being candy in the area. Then throw out more candy.
No. Throw out scum reads like rocks. See how everyone responds to there being rocks flying in the area. Then throw out more rocks and aim better.
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Dragomir »

Rej wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:11 pm

That's not how it works and you know it.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:22 pm
Hmm we'll see. I'm not really sure, I guess I felt something was off about your usual opening post. It felt kind of cold and distant rather than welcoming. A replica instead of the genuine thing. The heavy punctuation I think lol.
Nova, are you sure you're not thinking of some other post? This was my first post of the game (below). It has two periods and two commas. Is that heavy punctuation?
juliets wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:28 pm hi everyone, I'm here. Happy to see some friendly faces and welcome to the newcomers, I hope you enjoy the game.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:21 am
juliets wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:14 am
sig wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:26 am Current thoughts are in a world where Sloonie or Drag are mafia they either both are or neither are.
sig, can you talk through why you hold this opinion?
Drag's first post is reading gut bad to me, the way he upfront said he was a civ. Plus like I said I just find Sloonie/Drag interactions to be fake seeming like how two teammates would talk.
This is the part of sig's ISO that I am getting hung up. I don't think it's impossible for this read to exist, but at the same time I don't see a good reason for it to be there. He's waved his hand at some unspecified interactions I've had with Dragomir and said that they look like teammate interactions. I do not know what specific exchange(s) he is referring to, and I don't know why those exchanges are being perceived that way.

I have read things now, but I have to go do hosting stuff at the penitentiary and then i'll probably be in and out for... most of this day phase. I'm packing up and leaving for Masschusetts in the next couple of days.

I'll plop a vote on [VOTE: Juliets] aubergine because I want to know who her Day 0 town read was and also if any new ones have developed since then.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:55 pm
No. Throw out scum reads like rocks. See how everyone responds to there being rocks flying in the area. Then throw out more rocks and aim better.
Throw mixed handfuls of rocks and candy and bask in the chaos you sow.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Why make giving town reads painful?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:42 pm im petty so im voting [VOTE: creature] aubergine until he's put in an equal amount of Day 1 effort to all the whinging about not being able to do anything yet he did during day 0.
For the record, Creature spent most of the early part of Fallout complaining that town wasn't doing enough and then ended up being town himself.

i thought i had posted this earlier but it got caught in linki on a separate tab.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

[mention]novaselinenever[/mention] what do you think about Sig's post where he prematurely defended with meta. Do you find it genuine or manipulative with an agenda?
novaselinenever
Hitman

juliets wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:59 pm
Nova, are you sure you're not thinking of some other post? This was my first post of the game (below). It has two periods and two commas. Is that heavy punctuation?
juliets wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:28 pm hi everyone, I'm here. Happy to see some friendly faces and welcome to the newcomers, I hope you enjoy the game.
That's the one! No mistake, it's you. I guess heavy punctuation might be an exaggeration, but the cold and distant feeling are still there. Maybe it's the lack of exclamation point lol. Gut feeling was that it is fabricated, I'm not getting your usual energy and enthusiasm. Feels like you're just replicating it to keep up with your usual opening posts.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Dragomir wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:03 pm
Rocks refers to scum reads.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Dragomir wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:06 pm @novaselinenever what do you think about Sig's post where he prematurely defended with meta. Do you find it genuine or manipulative with an agenda?
To keep it real? I have no thoughts on it, I barely remember it lol. I'm interested about other stuff as long as Sig is concerned.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Maybe it's simmering and will come out one day :goofp:
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:09 pm
Dragomir wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:06 pm @novaselinenever what do you think about Sig's post where he prematurely defended with meta. Do you find it genuine or manipulative with an agenda?
To keep it real? I have no thoughts on it, I barely remember it lol. I'm interested about other stuff as long as Sig is concerned.
Why don't you go check it out then?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:43 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:14 am Pretty good Owner. I think I've spotted a civ among the talkers but I'll hold off naming them until day 1 after I observe some more behavior. How bout you?
Can you tell us now?
I lean civ on Creature right now but I'm gonna hold back my reason until I see some more behavior.

Wait, what - you voted for me while I was answering your question?

linki

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Attention everyone. I don't like Nutella.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Dragomir wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:10 pm
no u
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

juliets wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:10 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:43 pm
Can you tell us now?
I lean civ on Creature right now but I'm gonna hold back my reason until I see some more behavior.

Wait, what - you voted for me while I was answering your question?

linki
I suppose I did.

Got any other reads? Why are you in the habit of holding back information in the early stages of this game?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

as far as*

:faint:
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 152
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Owner of a Lonely Heart »

juliets wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:14 am
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:52 pm How's everyone's day zero going?
Pretty good Owner. I think I've spotted a civ among the talkers but I'll hold off naming them until day 1 after I observe some more behavior. How bout you?
My day zero seems alright. No one super duper stood out though. But that could be more so from lack of meta. or it could be a result of being tired...I think I'll reread it at some point.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:08 pm
Oh. That's not enough then.

Throw scum reads like a spear. See how everyone responds to a spear being thrown at them. If they try to dodge or deflect them, the person is scum. If they take it like a man, they're town. Then throw out more spears, this time with better aim so the remaining scum don't dodge or deflect them again.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:11 pm
Dragomir wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:10 pm
no u
I already did. It's your turn.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:11 pm Attention everyone. I don't like Nutella.
*wants to make a joke so badly* but can't talk about is :(
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:54 pm I'm being shy with my vote. Why is that?
Good question, I want to hear more about this.
Owner of a Lonely Heart
Corrupt Union Official

Quin wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:45 pm also i feel sick so im going back to sleep
Feel better Quin.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:07 pm
That's the one! No mistake, it's you. I guess heavy punctuation might be an exaggeration, but the cold and distant feeling are still there. Maybe it's the lack of exclamation point lol. Gut feeling was that it is fabricated, I'm not getting your usual energy and enthusiasm. Feels like you're just replicating it to keep up with your usual opening posts.
You're nitpicking.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:07 pm
You're not getting my usual energy and enthusiasm? I don't understand your impression but arguing with you over an impression seems like a waste of time.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Dragomir wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:13 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:08 pm
Oh. That's not enough then.

Throw scum reads like a spear. See how everyone responds to a spear being thrown at them. If they try to dodge or deflect them, the person is scum. If they take it like a man, they're town. Then throw out more spears, this time with better aim so the remaining scum don't dodge or deflect them again.
You ruined it :disappoint:

Return to “Previous Jobs”