Jackofhearts2005
No votes
juliets
15%
Michelle
8%
Quin
No votes
I'm running out of villains to name here (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
62%

Total votes: 13
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 308
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Girl Genius (Day 4)

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:27 pm I agree with the "wolf" thing though. It's called scum. Wolves are cute, scum are not cute.
Wolves eat people’s faces off.
That said this isn’t werewolfthepack.com
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Oh is day over? Should we not be talking?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I am comfortable calling them mafia, baddies, wolf, or scum.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 8
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Now that I’ve won, perhaps I can give this game some proper time now :p
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 81

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:04 pm Sabie looks bad but not as bad as Creature.

Honestly, Tony’s bucket thing looks pretty bad. Seems like the kinda thing I’d come up with to justify stupid reads.

“I arbitrarily guessed there are +1 scum in this arbitrary bucket. Therefore *bad vote*”
it's buffet style player salad
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 81

Post by Quin »

timmer wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:13 pm And sabie hasn't even been given a chance to defend herself... Creature is here and is being aloof and not bothering much, which is worse, to me.
sabie has had four days to defend herself
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Quin wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:51 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:04 pm Sabie looks bad but not as bad as Creature.

Honestly, Tony’s bucket thing looks pretty bad. Seems like the kinda thing I’d come up with to justify stupid reads.

“I arbitrarily guessed there are +1 scum in this arbitrary bucket. Therefore *bad vote*”
idk sounds good to me
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 192
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

We are still posting?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Creature »

This is taking long to close.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Best case scenario sabie12 is lynched, flips scum and the pushes on me completely cease.

Then I can just play this game normally while sitting on a throne of towncred.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Creature wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:18 pm This is taking long to close.
Yes, I was thinking someone said we weren't supposed to be posting so I left. Tony I thought. But I guess since DDL didn't lock the thread it's all good.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

juliets wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:22 pm
Yes, I was thinking someone said we weren't supposed to be posting so I left.
Seems dumb
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Still, I'm still not used to being unable to claim info all game in like every game.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Creature wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:28 pm Still, I'm still not used to being unable to claim info all game in like every game.
Many of us old schoolers were NEVER allowed to claim info or roles. All games showed the roles like this one and claiming and dumping were strict no-nos. I've only played games where it was allowed for about the last two years.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

juliets wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:22 pm
Yes, I was thinking someone said we weren't supposed to be posting so I left. Tony I thought. But I guess since DDL didn't lock the thread it's all good.

It's interesting. Technically since we can't change votes these posts don't function like a simple extension of the day phase and thus I guess could theoretically provide some anti-rules advantage. But I have no clue what those advantages would be so I think it's fine to just read it as a day phase running long.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 325
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

I figure if DDL wanted us to be quiet he’d have closed the thread.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I think I’m going to finish rereading Heaven’s Feel tonight and start finalizing the setup for Fate/Mafia. ;airguitar:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:58 pm I figure if DDL wanted us to be quiet he’d have closed the thread.
Yes I just said that. But I know you are busy gloating about your fabulous win in the other game :fist:

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 294

Post by Dyslexicon »

I'm Norwegian, so I'm used to long day phases. *ba-dum-tsshh*
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 225

Post by Dom »

I took a breather from mafia
I'll try to actually play now.
timmer wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:57 am I'm here, I'm just busy. But I'm following the conversations pretty well, I'm just not posting a ton as it would just be a string of I'm not sures. Tomorrow my kids head back to their mom and I'll settle in for a read.
Timmer seemed to actually do this.
Good
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:32 am
Dom still being an equal opportunity attacker.
Dom when you made this vote I was also voting for Jack. Do you still think Jack is scum?
Not really. He followed up and actually played.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:36 am Thats the end of the 3:30 Dom ISO. It was rather short lived, some high quality posts and reactions but very little in terms of full substance in analysis. It also all feels off to me. The thing with sig seems forced, the case on Rej (and Nutella for that matter) seems noncommittal for how much effort was put in on Dom’s part, it just seems off.
A few things here:
1) "off" is just about as unspecific you can get. What do you mean? What's the implication?

Readers should notice that this is the second time someone has made a vague accusation about me. observant raders will remember thi was nutella's exact tactic.
And she was bad.

2) My case on nutella was noncomittal?
I led her lynch. Bullshit.

Come back with some substance.
Epignosis wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:03 pm I don't know why "equal opportunity attacker" is being used as a pejorative.

I'm an equal opportunity attacker.
You see-- it just sounds kind of negative, but zero connection has been made from it to any sort of alignment indication, so it can mean whatever to whoever.
That's Tony's aim.
juliets wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:15 pm Ok, I don't see where Dom pushed for her after his ISO. I guess the thing I've got to wrestle with is whether this is just a style point, i.e., this is the way Dom does his ISO's. It will help me Tony when you give some meat to your feeling that he's "off".

linki, lol Epi now you know why I'm asking all these "but why" questions
This is a great example of Tony's words meaning whatever to whoever.
Tony never defines what "off" means, so juliets is left to fill in the blank herself.

I think I did what I could with the time I had. I don't think nutella gets lynched without my posting about her. You're fucking welcome, everyone.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:23 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:32 pm Jackofhearts2005, I took a look at your ISO to see why you were voting Dom and all I saw was the quote you called player salad. I saw where you liked his case about nutella. Was the player salad post enough to convince you he is bad? It seems kinda weak to me but maybe I missed something when I did his ISO.
Tony outlined some stuff from Dom that doesn’t really look pure in addition to the salad.

In particular, I’m not a fan of him being like “Nutella is bad for saying people are bad for no reason instead of hunting” Nutella being like “Yeah Jack is bad for no reason” Nutella being lynched as cult and then Dom being like “Nutella has a point on Jack tho.”

Like wut? The entire reason we lynched Nutella was that she didn’t have a point. Not just on me, either.

Feels like not a real thing for Dom to suspect me for.
That's... not it.
Nutella had no reason to suspect you. That's correct. That's entirely the problem. It's not that she had a point-- it's actually that she did not have one.
I suspected you might be teammates. I didn't like how you weren't posting and sayin gyou would catch up. Now, you've done that so that's gone.
Cool lying though.

Quin wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:31 pm
timmer wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:07 pm Fuck, I had a whole thing about how it seemed like juliets and Luna were linked but that's because I thought Luna was on the baddie team but now I see she was an indy so it makes no sense.
not a townslip sorry
same exact thought.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:42 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:20 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:18 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:15 pm Ok, I don't see where Dom pushed for her after his ISO. I guess the thing I've got to wrestle with is whether this is just a style point, i.e., this is the way Dom does his ISO's. It will help me Tony when you give some meat to your feeling that he's "off".

Give me about an hour and I’ll come back to this. The short of it is that the sense I’ve gotten of Dom from what others have told me and from what I’ve read of games that he’s in and even in this game is that he’s an aggressive player in general. Given that, the expectation would be that he finishes his cases. Dom instead hasn’t finished any cases.
OK Tony that would be great. I have to go for a swim now anyway.
Hello I just read Dom games for almost an hour and I am not able enough to parse what is going on in most of them to make a compelling argument on that front. I am obliged by honor as well not to talk about another ongoing game, which is the only real opportunity I’ve had to get a feel outside of this game for how Dom plays. I am not spending more time on this I have things to get done tonight.

It is, however, scummy in general not to finish cases. Town has investment in cases, a town ISO suggests that an attempt was made to gain information and make some progress towards town victory. A town member who believes they have strong evidence also believes that this is the key to success and will always pursue that outside of specific examples otherwise. Because almost all mafia ISOs/reads are performative they do not in theory have investment in the cases they've made because they have not gained information. Mafia is free to make any statements but isn’t compelled to act on them because they don’t have new information to defend — they already know who is scum and who is not. This doesn’t mean that mafia members are more likely to change their mind or that town members are less likely to do so but it does mean that Mafia has no reason to be attached to reads.
Of note: this has been the cornerstone of at least two cases previously made in this game: mine against Epi 1.0 and Epi’s against Luna. Both were wrong(ish).
You've been talking about me like you know my game very well so far. Now you claim to not know me well enough.
What's your issue with the now finished game? I think there's a pretty ugly stain there that might explain exactly what's happened in that game and why I vanished here.

This is a whole lot of nothing-- hoping to lynch a player he suspects will be easy to lynch, but I'm not an easy target.
You're in the big leagues. Try throwing a strike.
Epignosis wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:48 pm

Give me about an hour and I’ll come back to this. The short of it is that the sense I’ve gotten of Dom from what others have told me and from what I’ve read of games that he’s in and even in this game is that he’s an aggressive player in general. Given that, the expectation would be that he finishes his cases. Dom instead hasn’t finished any cases.
Hello I just read Dom games for almost an hour and I am not able enough to parse what is going on in most of them to make a compelling argument on that front. I am obliged by honor as well not to talk about another ongoing game, which is the only real opportunity I’ve had to get a feel outside of this game for how Dom plays. I am not spending more time on this I have things to get done tonight.

It is, however, scummy in general not to finish cases. Town has investment in cases, a town ISO suggests that an attempt was made to gain information and make some progress towards town victory. A town member who believes they have strong evidence also believes that this is the key to success and will always pursue that outside of specific examples otherwise. Because almost all mafia ISOs/reads are performative they do not in theory have investment in the cases they've made because they have not gained information. Mafia is free to make any statements but isn’t compelled to act on them because they don’t have new information to defend — they already know who is scum and who is not. This doesn’t mean that mafia members are more likely to change their mind or that town members are less likely to do so but it does mean that Mafia has no reason to be attached to reads.
Of note: this has been the cornerstone of at least two cases previously made in this game: mine against Epi 1.0 and Epi’s against Luna. Both were wrong(ish).
This is a useless lecture. What does it have to do with Dom?
It doesn't.
Why do you think he made it?
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:30 pm At least Tony probably not wolfin with Dom.
what
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:47 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:36 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:30 pm At least Tony probably not wolfin with Dom.
Raisins?
Teeing him up early this day phase.
Oh... I see...
Like how I did with nutella... but...

okay.

Sure... let's go with that.

the kind of salad that he said I made earlier.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I would have voted for sabie.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

timmer wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:31 pm Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Hi, Dom =p
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:02 pm I'm Norwegian, so I'm used to long day phases. *ba-dum-tsshh*
Do you know Askthepizzaguy? Married to Sooh? I'm playing his RPG on MU.

linki, Dom I will have to read your post when I'm not 2 glasses into a bottle of wine

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

juliets wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:06 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:02 pm I'm Norwegian, so I'm used to long day phases. *ba-dum-tsshh*

linki, Dom I will have to read your post when I'm not 2 glasses into a bottle of wine
I know of them. Didn't know they were Norwegian (?)
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:07 pm

I know of them. Didn't know they were Norwegian (?)
Yes, I don't know that both of them are but they live in Norway.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

juliets wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:09 pm Yes, I don't know that both of them are but they live in Norway.
Cool. Let the stalking commence! :llama:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

dragomir and owner have some splaining to do
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dom wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:09 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:13 pm Especially when dealing with straight facts.
You haven't presented a single one.
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:13 pm
Dom wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:59 pm I'm cool with dragomir, lunalee or nutella going. Maybe creature.
Do you any preference?
I kept my vote where it was and I'm happy with the result.
Owner of a Lonely Heart wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:44 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:33 pm Tag me when someone does something worth reading
Does Mac leave the work to others a lot?
No.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:50 pm Fuck me im not caught up. Point me towards the cases on Luna and Drago (or whoever).
lol this reeks.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:53 pm
Dom wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:01 pm On my note about it being worth noticing if JoH ever catches back up etc.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:33 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:23 pm ......hello-o-ooo??!?? kinda expected to have more to read here lol
I am not going to argue with it since I am so far behind. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I don't see much progress from here. Just one thing where he asked lunalee to respond to a point he made.
Yeah sue me.
ok [VOTE: jackofhearts] aubergine
nutella wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:04 pm ......that's not even a case
and yet it nailed you-- didn't it?
nutella wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:04 pm it's literally just a summary of my posts there is no thesis
sometimes you don't need to be so arrogant to arrive at an errant conclusion.
Sloonei wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:06 pm I am back. Who should I vote for?
not me.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:10 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:09 pm Watch me fuck this up.
This is not tmi but rather a losing streak eating my self confidence.
....yikes
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:20 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:18 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:11 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:10 pm [VOTE: luna] aubergine

nutella’s vote for me is silly, but they always are. Why does she have votes?
Cause she’s contributing nothing and throwing shade.
I took a quick glance at her posts and did not get this impression.

A few things that have been said about luna looked good to me, and she made one post earlier that looked like mafia trying to downplay suspicion. That constitutes a strong vote for me at this moment in time.
She’s called me scum twice for no good reason.
There's reason.
She needed to go, but she wasn't wrong about you.

let's remmeber nutella was bad.
where does that lead us?

Dom wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:04 pm I took a breather from mafia
I'll try to actually play now.
timmer wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:57 am I'm here, I'm just busy. But I'm following the conversations pretty well, I'm just not posting a ton as it would just be a string of I'm not sures. Tomorrow my kids head back to their mom and I'll settle in for a read.
Timmer seemed to actually do this.
Good
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:32 am
Dom still being an equal opportunity attacker.
Dom when you made this vote I was also voting for Jack. Do you still think Jack is scum?
Not really. He followed up and actually played.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:36 am Thats the end of the 3:30 Dom ISO. It was rather short lived, some high quality posts and reactions but very little in terms of full substance in analysis. It also all feels off to me. The thing with sig seems forced, the case on Rej (and Nutella for that matter) seems noncommittal for how much effort was put in on Dom’s part, it just seems off.
A few things here:
1) "off" is just about as unspecific you can get. What do you mean? What's the implication?

Readers should notice that this is the second time someone has made a vague accusation about me. observant raders will remember thi was nutella's exact tactic.
And she was bad.

2) My case on nutella was noncomittal?
I led her lynch. Bullshit.

Come back with some substance.
Epignosis wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:03 pm I don't know why "equal opportunity attacker" is being used as a pejorative.

I'm an equal opportunity attacker.
You see-- it just sounds kind of negative, but zero connection has been made from it to any sort of alignment indication, so it can mean whatever to whoever.
That's Tony's aim.

This is a great example of Tony's words meaning whatever to whoever.
Tony never defines what "off" means, so juliets is left to fill in the blank herself.

I think I did what I could with the time I had. I don't think nutella gets lynched without my posting about her. You're fucking welcome, everyone.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:23 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:32 pm Jackofhearts2005, I took a look at your ISO to see why you were voting Dom and all I saw was the quote you called player salad. I saw where you liked his case about nutella. Was the player salad post enough to convince you he is bad? It seems kinda weak to me but maybe I missed something when I did his ISO.
Tony outlined some stuff from Dom that doesn’t really look pure in addition to the salad.

In particular, I’m not a fan of him being like “Nutella is bad for saying people are bad for no reason instead of hunting” Nutella being like “Yeah Jack is bad for no reason” Nutella being lynched as cult and then Dom being like “Nutella has a point on Jack tho.”

Like wut? The entire reason we lynched Nutella was that she didn’t have a point. Not just on me, either.

Feels like not a real thing for Dom to suspect me for.
That's... not it.
Nutella had no reason to suspect you. That's correct. That's entirely the problem. It's not that she had a point-- it's actually that she did not have one.
I suspected you might be teammates.
I didn't like how you weren't posting and sayin gyou would catch up. Now, you've done that so that's gone.
Cool lying though.

Quin wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:31 pm
timmer wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:07 pm Fuck, I had a whole thing about how it seemed like juliets and Luna were linked but that's because I thought Luna was on the baddie team but now I see she was an indy so it makes no sense.
not a townslip sorry
same exact thought.

You've been talking about me like you know my game very well so far. Now you claim to not know me well enough.
What's your issue with the now finished game? I think there's a pretty ugly stain there that might explain exactly what's happened in that game and why I vanished here.

This is a whole lot of nothing-- hoping to lynch a player he suspects will be easy to lynch, but I'm not an easy target.
You're in the big leagues. Try throwing a strike.
Epignosis wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:48 pm

This is a useless lecture. What does it have to do with Dom?
It doesn't.
Why do you think he made it?
what
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:47 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:36 pm
Raisins?
Teeing him up early this day phase.
Oh... I see...
Like how I did with nutella... but...

okay.

Sure... let's go with that.

the kind of salad that he said I made earlier.
Whatever you say, fam.

Idk why you’re arguing against me saying you and Tony aren’t wolves together, either.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Jack-- if you could stop willfully misunderstanding me, that'd be great.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dom telling Tony to try throwing strikes is pretty fucking funny.

Linki: Okay.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Pizza and Sooh are married?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:17 pm

Yes I believe they are. He talks like they are anyway.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

What I mean, Jack, is that nutella said you were bad rather disingenuously. She knew it.

I no longer am convinced that is the case.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dom wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:20 pm What I mean, Jack, is that nutella said you were bad rather disingenuously. She knew it.

I no longer am convinced that is the case.
I getcha.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I hate to leave but I have to go watch the Rays v. Blue Jays with my husband. Ugh.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

juliets wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:20 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:17 pm

Yes I believe they are. He talks like they are anyway.
I don’t know them well enough to tell any of the jokes this statement causes to pop into my head.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

i made a baseball joke and i think that means juliets is gonna go watch baseball so go me
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Dom wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:24 pm i made a baseball joke and i think that means juliets is gonna go watch baseball so go me
Haha - I try to be a good Rays fan but football is really my game.

And Jack I'd love to hear those jokes.

Goodnight all.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Okay Dom in the other game which we can now talk about you were town and pursued a case about another townie aggressively. Here you "lead" the case against Nutella except that was basically an ISO and a vote; you put more substance into the case here but to me it seemed like it lacked the same passion. Maybe I'm wrong. Obviously different circumstances and all that, but someone said something I think in this game that gave me the impression that you are in fact generally a very aggressive player and that is not the impression I've gotten so far. Again, maybe I'm wrong.

On the "vague case" thing. Yes it's vague. Oh well. I think you're scum. I don't have a wall of evidence. Most good players aren't going to leave behind a wall of evidence. Also Nutella would still have full interest in hunting scum given her role; the fact that she was neutral doesn't make that case any less viable.

On the "whatever to whoever" thing. Fair I guess. I tried to define "off" but it didn't really go so well. To clear things up I didn't intend for equal opportunity attacker to be negative and when I reviewed some of your games I saw a lot of posts of the same style so I'm going to call it NAI.

On the salad thing (which I'm getting very defensive about and if when the game is over I was in fact correct you guys are gonna be hearing about it): it's not? I don't think? I don't see the connection between my attempt to generate discussion on mafia teams and me giving any sort of non-committal preferences on lynches, which is what I thought salad is. Please enlighten me if I am in fact wrong.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 38

Post by sig »

juliets wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:52 pm
Creature wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:28 pm Still, I'm still not used to being unable to claim info all game in like every game.
Many of us old schoolers were NEVER allowed to claim info or roles. All games showed the roles like this one and claiming and dumping were strict no-nos. I've only played games where it was allowed for about the last two years.
Tbh still salty we only got to win if we were alive back in the day, absolutely destroyed my win record.
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Girl Genius Votes

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Day 4

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: Girl Genius (Night 4)

Castle Crushed

- Mistress, we have an intruder - The Castle said, with its omnipresent voice.
- Of course we do, there is a whole empire trying to invade us!
- Yes, but this one has breached the inner chambers. It's approaching my energy room. They managed to evade all my traps. If we don't do anything, they will -
- On my way! -Agatha interrupted it.

She ran into the castle and into the inner chambers. But she wasn't fast enough. By the time she got into the energy room, no one was there.

- Castle, what happened? Castle? CASTLE?

Somebody had destroyed the energy systems and shut the whole thing down. It would take weeks to fix it. Agatha's biggest ally (literally) was no more.

Castle Heterodyne (Creature) was lynched.

Castle Heterodyne

The ancient home of the Heterodyne family. Possesses amazing treasures, marvelous technology, and a sadistic sense of humor.

Once per night, The Castle can trap a player in its walls. The player will be unable to use abilities, but will be protected by kills from other players. Also, once in the game, The Castle may decide that a player who is inside it is a threat to the Heterodyne family, and kill them in a death trap.

Night 4 Begins!
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Re: Girl Genius (Day 5)

Hero's Journey

In Mechanicsburg, a terrible war was going on. But what is war for some, is just another opportunity to fight evil, for those who choose to take this path. Like our hero:

In his quest to rid the world of the evils of the Spark, Othar Tryggvassen marched into Mechanicsburg and picked a fight with the first scientific invention he could see! Not like it was too hard to find one, because this is Mechanicsburg.

But as Othar Trryvassen battled with a giant robot from the empire, he found out the robot could fly! So it carried him into Castle Wulfenbach, high into the sky.

In there, Othar decided to go after the Baron, who is also a spark, and defeat him once and for all. But the Baron, having captured (and failed to kill) Othar Trygvassen multiple times, was prepared. He had Othar Trygvassenfall into a trapdoor, which dropped him from the sky, a fall no human could possibly survive from!

Will our hero be able to survive this? Find out next episode.

Othar Trygvassen - Gentleman Adventurer (Quin) was killed.

Day 5 Begins!
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 239

Post by Epignosis »

RIP Othar. Maybe.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The good news is the mafia whiffed on this. I don't know why Quin is more of a threat than I am, but there are you are.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

So when we last left us, sabie was the leader to be lynched and Creature took it instead. I won't say I'm sad to be without his cheerful company, but someone please explain to me why sabie wasn't the better option.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Since I was too busy winning my family a second vacation when this happened, I'll ask now:
juliets wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:59 pm Ok, I'm changing my vote to sabie. That quote against nutella's read summary really didn't look good. Creature I'm voting based on his meta and I've decided that isn't as strong as the sable case.

linki, Oh sorry Dizzy I should have brought that quote forward.
juliets wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:14 pm I thought I found something important with that nutella quote but maybe I was too hasty. I hate that this is happening at EOD.

linki, ok timmer you're right about being able to defend. Lets Lynch Creature.
juliets, what did you think you found that was important regarding the nutella quote?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Well, the post says he was a hero so I guess RIP Quin. Also apologies to you Creature, I won't try to meta read you again.

I will start my day with a vote for [mention]sabie12[/mention]

And goodnight!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin's fine. Read his role.