So Do You Come Here Often?~ Intro's etc.

Are you new to The Syndicate's mafia crime family? If so, introduce yourself here! For all Syndicateers, this is the place to get to know your fellow family members.

Moderator: Community Team

RainyDay
Posts in topic: 1

Re: So Do You Come Here Often?~ Intro's etc.

Post by RainyDay »

Hi, I'm Rainy! This is my first time joining a forum-based mafia group, and I'm more used to versions like Epicmafia, Town of Salem, and the version you play in the real life. I've read through a good dozen forum-based games before just for fun, and I know roughly how they're played. I thought I'd give them a try here. (And I will admit that I found this site through the Girl Genius Reddit in a post promoting the Girl Genius game and I kind of only joined to have a shot at playing that particular game, lmao. But hey, I might very well stick around!)
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 107
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

RainyDay wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:21 pm Hi, I'm Rainy! This is my first time joining a forum-based mafia group, and I'm more used to versions like Epicmafia, Town of Salem, and the version you play in the real life. I've read through a good dozen forum-based games before just for fun, and I know roughly how they're played. I thought I'd give them a try here. (And I will admit that I found this site through the Girl Genius Reddit in a post promoting the Girl Genius game and I kind of only joined to have a shot at playing that particular game, lmao. But hey, I might very well stick around!)
Welcome [mention]RainyDay[/mention] ! So glad you came here from reddit and signed up for Girl Genius. If you have any questions about how the site works or really anything at all about the site just ask. We all want you to have a good time and I hope you stick around and play some other games with us. You'll catch on quickly to forum-based mafia I'm sure.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

RainyDay wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:21 pm Hi, I'm Rainy! This is my first time joining a forum-based mafia group, and I'm more used to versions like Epicmafia, Town of Salem, and the version you play in the real life. I've read through a good dozen forum-based games before just for fun, and I know roughly how they're played. I thought I'd give them a try here. (And I will admit that I found this site through the Girl Genius Reddit in a post promoting the Girl Genius game and I kind of only joined to have a shot at playing that particular game, lmao. But hey, I might very well stick around!)
Welcome! I’m glad you’ve joined us and am excited to see how your first game goes. :beer:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 14
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

RainyDay wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:21 pm (And I will admit that I found this site through the Girl Genius Reddit in a post promoting the Girl Genius game and I kind of only joined to have a shot at playing that particular game, lmao. But hey, I might very well stick around!)
Wow I can't believe that actually worked.

Welcome to the Syndicate!
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]112[/mention] welcome to the syndicate! Hope to see you after the game is finished!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:57 pm @112 welcome to the syndicate! Hope to see you after the game is finished!
:nicenod:

I'm excited to have you here. I've enjoyed watching both of your games in the tournament and look forward to seeing you around here.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 29

Post by nutella »

Would love to play with you again 112!!!
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 9

Post by 112 »

Thank you all for the welcome. :)

I super enjoyed playing with both Mac and Nute, and I hope to play lots more with both them and others here.

You guys seem to have a dedicated base of people here who just love the game. I love it too and hope I fit in.

e: a bit about me- uneducated dilettante with interests in music, fiction, philosophy, psychoanalysis/schizoanalysis, hockey, the occult, people and definitely other stuff that doesn't immediately come to mind. I hail from British Columbia.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]112[/mention], I've been considering a game themed on the history of psychology (surely to feature psychoanalytic content). :ponder:

If you have the immediate desire, we have games here in sign-ups. I do understand though that you just might have at least one more MU game coming up so there is no pressure. ;)
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 17
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Hi [mention]112[/mention]!
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Welcome, 112! Please tell me if I am supposed to read your name as One-One-Two or One Hundred Twelve. Or perhaps Eleventy Two?

This is a very urgent matter.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:09 pm Welcome, 112! Please tell me if I am supposed to read your name as One-One-Two or One Hundred Twelve. Or perhaps Eleventy Two?

This is a very urgent matter.
You're so stupid.

It's "Pee-Pee-Poop."
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

112 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:10 pm Thank you all for the welcome. :)

I super enjoyed playing with both Mac and Nute, and I hope to play lots more with both them and others here.

You guys seem to have a dedicated base of people here who just love the game. I love it too and hope I fit in.

e: a bit about me- uneducated dilettante with interests in music, fiction, philosophy, psychoanalysis/schizoanalysis, hockey, the occult, people and definitely other stuff that doesn't immediately come to mind. I hail from British Columbia.
I just wanted to tell you I loved watching your game in WC1 from special chat. You were awesome. I'm sure you'll go on to the finals and I look forward to watching you again. After that I hope you'll play a game with us.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

@Sloonei - I chose the name 'One one two' for my Canucks profile a long time ago- not for any reason other than I couldn't think of anything else; it was random. Then I learned that 112 is the name of an RnB group (who pronounces it 'one-twelve'), and I sort of started repping them at some point even though I don't really like most of their music- shortened my online tag from the spelled-out version to 112 and began using some of their photos in my avatars and such, just for the irony. So pronouncing it 'One one two' and 'one-twelve' are both correct.

@JaggedJimmyJay - I'll definitely make time for your psychology theme. I've already committed to a couple of off-site games in the mean-time, but I have sure intentions to play games here. :D And I just want to say that I searched my name in the spec-chat after it was all over and thought you had some of the best things to say about my game; you understood what I was doing better than anybody.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

112 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:47 pm @JaggedJimmyJay - I'll definitely make time for your psychology theme. I've already committed to a couple of off-site games in the mean-time, but I have sure intentions to play games here. :D And I just want to say that I searched my name in the spec-chat after it was all over and thought you had some of the best things to say about my game; you understood what I was doing better than anybody.
Blind squirrels and nuts. :goofp:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Texas Cloverleaf[/mention], welcome! :biggrin:

It was great fun watching you in the wild card game, and it’s great to see you here.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Texas Cloverleaf[/mention] welcome to The Syndicate! I also watched you in WC1 and enjoyed it very much. Glad to see you here and hope to play with you soon.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Teeeexxxxx!! You rock
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Texas Cloverleaf

Post by Texas Cloverleaf »

Thanks for the welcome y'all, and aloha to my fellow WC1ers
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Howdy [mention]Texas Cloverleaf[/mention]
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Pawn Lelouch[/mention] and [mention]NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME[/mention] welcome to the Syndicate! Good luck in the Mafia championship finale, I will be watching from spec chat! So many people to root for now, not just Mac. After the finale I look forward to playing a game with you over here. Glad to have you!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Hey- nice to see others made the journey here too.

[mention]Texas Cloverleaf[/mention] - I really enjoyed playing with you- would have liked to talk/banter more during the game, but I withheld because I was scared it would out me. :p If I were town we really would have synced.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]vanity.[/mention], welcome aboard! As you can see in some of the recent bits of this thread, many of us had a great time watching the wild card game. It's great to have you. :biggrin:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]vanity.[/mention] how nice to have you join us! I'm another one who had a great time watching you in the WC game. Looking forward to playing with you here!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
vanity.
The Mark
Preferred Pronouns: they/them or she/her
It’s my birthday

Post by vanity. »

hello, this seems like you guys have a very nice forum here. the game was fun and mac and nutella were great to play with. i'll see how much i play here.

glad to see 112 and texas here too!
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]iaafr[/mention], welcome aboard! It's great to see you around here. :)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]iaafr[/mention] Welcome to the Syndicate! I feel like you are one of the people I have talked to in the MU champ spec chat but under a different screen name. Either way, welcome and please join us in a game soon!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

Howdy, all. :D

I secretly followed MacDougall and nutella here from MU Champs. Hope to hang out and play some fun games with you all!
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hyena wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:07 pm Howdy, all. :D

I secretly followed MacDougall and nutella here from MU Champs. Hope to hang out and play some fun games with you all!
Welcome aboard! A few of us followed the WC game, and I certainly remember Hyena. It's great to have you. :biggrin:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Yayyyy Hyena!!! <3
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Benson
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his

Post by Benson »

Hi

My mafia community is dying, but I heard you guys have some quality content over here.
Did I come to the right place?

Background: I come from the same place 112 hails from - CanucksCommunity. I've been following their games in the MU championships, where the Syndicate has also been well represented. This community seems great and I'm hoping to play a few games if you'll have me. My usual mafia moniker is Beluga Whale, fwiw. :p
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Benson wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:58 pm Hi

My mafia community is dying, but I heard you guys have some quality content over here.
Did I come to the right place?

Background: I come from the same place 112 hails from - CanucksCommunity. I've been following their games in the MU championships, where the Syndicate has also been well represented. This community seems great and I'm hoping to play a few games if you'll have me. My usual mafia moniker is Beluga Whale, fwiw. :p
Really great to have you! I remember seeing the name "Beluga Whale" around, perhaps in a previous tournament. I was considering making a joke Benson profile myself, so I love your choice here. :haha:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

We have numerous games in the works and would be so pleased to have our newcomers in any of them. :)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Benson
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his

Post by Benson »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:44 pm
Really great to have you! I remember seeing the name "Beluga Whale" around, perhaps in a previous tournament. I was considering making a joke Benson profile myself, so I love your choice here. :haha:
Hehehe
I knew I had to be quick before the name was taken.

Yeah, I played in season 3 of the MU champs. I also played on that site a few times afterwards.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

WAIT, [mention]Benson[/mention] lol love the name, I'm assuming it's from 112's fake cat? I laughed so hard at that, I'm still laughing in fact. Welcome to the Syndicate so glad you are giving us a try. We do have a great group of people in our community so thank you for picking us. Be sure to sign up for Inception that JJJ and Sloonei are running! Again, welcome!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Evenstar[/mention] welcome to the Syndicate! So glad to have you. Let me or anyone else know if you need any help with anything.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Evenstar »

Nothing leaps to mind, though I see Hyena and Mac are already here. *grins*
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Evenstar »

Hah, pretty much everybody from WC1 is here
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Evenstar wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:45 pm Hah, pretty much everybody from WC1 is here
Avengers assemble. :srsnod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

112 and Tex are here!!! :D
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

Evenstar wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:42 pm Nothing leaps to mind, though I see Hyena and Mac are already here. *grins*
Hey Eva. :P Cool to see you made it here, too.
Keldeo
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Keldeo »

Hey everyone! I played with Macdougall in the Mafia Universe championship finale, and I'd like to try and play a game here sometime.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

This thread is alive, and it's the best thing on The Syndicate since sliced bread (which was invented here).

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Keldeo wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:02 am Hey everyone! I played with Macdougall in the Mafia Universe championship finale, and I'd like to try and play a game here sometime.
Pfft you mean I played with you.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Keldeo[/mention] and [mention]Master Radishes[/mention] so good to see you here! I'll get my radish gifs ready! Sign up for the Inception Invitational that JaggedJimmyJay and Sloonei are running for folks that come form the MU spec chat and champs game plus Syndicate people. You'll find it in the sign-ups portion of the forum. Also, PLEASE let any of us know if you need help in the forum or help with anything else for that matter. Welcome!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh and somehow I missed [mention]NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME[/mention]. GG Nanook, enjoyed watching you play! Welcome to the Syndicate we are glad you are here. If you haven't signed up for the MU + Syndicate Invitational (Inception by JaggedJimmyJay and Sloonei) please do so, it would be great to have you play. You can find it in the sign-ups part of the forum. And as with everyone else, if you need any help with the forum please let me or anyone else know and we will be glad to help you. So glad you are here!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Master Radishes »

juliets wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:20 am @Keldeo and @Master Radishes so good to see you here! I'll get my radish gifs ready! Sign up for the Inception Invitational that JaggedJimmyJay and Sloonei are running for folks that come form the MU spec chat and champs game plus Syndicate people. You'll find it in the sign-ups portion of the forum. Also, PLEASE let any of us know if you need help in the forum or help with anything else for that matter. Welcome!
I'm only here for the continuation of the radish gifs.
iaafr
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: any/especially "big chungus iaafr"

Post by iaafr »

thanks for the warm welcome friends. i hope we all have enjoyable experiences together.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 15
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

juliets wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:25 am Oh and somehow I missed @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME. GG Nanook, enjoyed watching you play! Welcome to the Syndicate we are glad you are here. If you haven't signed up for the MU + Syndicate Invitational (Inception by JaggedJimmyJay and Sloonei) please do so, it would be great to have you play. You can find it in the sign-ups part of the forum. And as with everyone else, if you need any help with the forum please let me or anyone else know and we will be glad to help you. So glad you are here!
Gracias! I am signed up for it, it’s actually the reason I’m here! I learned to play on a sorta kinda not really similar php forum and mod one, so hopefully learning a new version will be easier than learning a new system entirely haha
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Welcome [mention]Quis Quas[/mention] and [mention]Trustworthy Liberal[/mention] ! So glad to have you aboard. If you are around now come to discord and I'll approve you there.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Welcome to the Family”