Dogs vs. Cats [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is the feline who is posing as a dog, anyway?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:35 pm

Fayt
17%
Michelle
No votes
novaselinenever
8%
CatDog (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
75%

Total votes: 12
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 104

Re: Dogs vs. Cats [Day 2]

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:59 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:57 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:53 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:51 pm I didn't "give up" the last time. I was caught. Doing anything else would have wasted everyone's time. I do not believe in wasting people's time.

If you want something to chew on, how about this: I would not condone the killing of Turnip Head Night 1. I don't kill the ones I've missed so soon.
I know I was just being cheeky haha.

Fair fair. I'll take it under advisement.

Do you think Jay is town?

I do, but I have grievances.
Epi's fine.

You know it.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:00 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:51 pm I didn't "give up" the last time. I was caught. Doing anything else would have wasted everyone's time. I do not believe in wasting people's time.

If you want something to chew on, how about this: I would not condone the killing of Turnip Head Night 1. I don't kill the ones I've missed so soon.

Any different to the ones you always do?
Yes, since we've never played with Fayt.

Played with Fayt.

:shifty:
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 500
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dom would be my "darkhorse" pick at the moment. While he didn't sound disingenuous, the objective criteria still stands as something he'll have to answer to. He contributed vocally to some of the suspicion of Rej, but his vote never wavered from Dragomir. He wasn't around late in the day; I do think he was here late enough to begin to reconsider his take on Dragomir at least.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 210

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:15 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:00 pm

Any different to the ones you always do?
Yes, since we've never played with Fayt.

Played with Fayt.

:shifty:
You think he's being unusually harsh on a newb?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Feels great to assess things without all that gross meta in the way. :biggrin:
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]MacDougall[/mention], who do you most suspect outside your own suspect pool?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Also, who's in your suspect pool apart from Fayt? :goofp:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Dragomir »

Now here is why I find LC to be bad. First is this post right here. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 38#p555038. This right here is a clear cut soft defense that LC tried to create. He tries using the opinion of Michelle to support Rej when Jay voted for him. I find such an attempt very weak based on the fact that Michelle's town read on Rej shouldn't matter to how he reads or Jay reads Rej. Since when do players just town read someone cause somebody else did? It's not like Michelle had info on Rej. It's an incredible wink link and really has no purpose behind it besides supporting/saving Rej. He tried and failed. Because he failed, he moves on to vote for Rej. I find this to be a distancing attempt. Rej is most likely to be lynched so drop the vote and look better for it. The vote is out of nowhere when LC had made no mention of any remote suspicion of Rej. Nothing at all. Hell, it's more likely that he town read Rej based on the post I linked here.

Now moving on to Rej's posts. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 99#p554999. Here, he brings up LC for the first time. There's a rushed tone to it. Like Rej just realized that he should mention his buddy in a bad light of sorts and try to create some distancing. It's what he did, whether or not it was distancing or just fake reads is up to you. Next, he votes for LC. Rej didn't want to save himself, he could have done that a long time ago by hopping on my wagon. No, he took the prime opportunity to distance. That's really all I can see from his vote on LC. Just how I feel about it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Speedchuck I guess but only because it's Speedchuck.

And aside from that nobody. I've not been super observant.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

It's hard to explain my Epi read. It mainly came from the lack of any interaction given Rej and Epi had. No real thoughts on each other or mention. Only thing is Epi saying that he'll have to check Rej again to get a better read. I mainly feel that there is a scum on Rej's wagon who distanced, and there's a scum outside the wagon.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Now you have my explanation. I must go now. Do what you want with them.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragomir wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:53 pm Now here is why I find LC to be bad. First is this post right here. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 38#p555038. This right here is a clear cut soft defense that LC tried to create. He tries using the opinion of Michelle to support Rej when Jay voted for him. I find such an attempt very weak based on the fact that Michelle's town read on Rej shouldn't matter to how he reads or Jay reads Rej. Since when do players just town read someone cause somebody else did? It's not like Michelle had info on Rej. It's an incredible wink link and really has no purpose behind it besides supporting/saving Rej. He tried and failed. Because he failed, he moves on to vote for Rej. I find this to be a distancing attempt. Rej is most likely to be lynched so drop the vote and look better for it. The vote is out of nowhere when LC had made no mention of any remote suspicion of Rej. Nothing at all. Hell, it's more likely that he town read Rej based on the post I linked here.

Now moving on to Rej's posts. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 99#p554999. Here, he brings up LC for the first time. There's a rushed tone to it. Like Rej just realized that he should mention his buddy in a bad light of sorts and try to create some distancing. It's what he did, whether or not it was distancing or just fake reads is up to you. Next, he votes for LC. Rej didn't want to save himself, he could have done that a long time ago by hopping on my wagon. No, he took the prime opportunity to distance. That's really all I can see from his vote on LC. Just how I feel about it.
I think your assertions are valid and warrant a response. [mention]Long Con[/mention], have a red hot go at it, sir.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I have to piss.
I have to get a fresh drink.

Then you cats are mine.
Fayt
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Fayt »

Before I go in on this, I do read JJJ and Mac as town. I can't think of a reason why scum would go for a mislynch on me, maybe because it would be "easy." (this isn't the first time I've had the let's gang on the newcomer) but it's a terrible risk once I flip so I'll lay out my thoughts on JJJ's read on me. I would have to dig deeper on the other reads and see what I'm missing. The whole LC wagon still strikes me as odd and felt like someone was trying to save Rej at the end.

I've already talked about Mac's theory of me and Rej's distancing. I failed to see how off of the words "I do lean" vs "I lean" when the topic at hand was responding to JJJ. responses in bold and this color is mine.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:37 pm Interactions: Rej and Fayt

Rej

Rej wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:00 am JJJ and Mac look worser than before.
Fayt is ok.
Epi is also ok.

Okay. By this point Fayt had made four posts, two of which were of substance -- this clarifies from a random "ok" read on someone with one empty post or somate.

Thinking he just bandwagoned off of Epi's read off of me or he wanted to have my support.
Rej wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:40 pm First:

The Dragomir case

Dragomir imho really plays off, I agree once to novas point that Dragomir is basically powering through. Drago comes off a bit offminded (if that's a word). I used so many off's sometimes I could think of an "uff". Drago only dared to counterpush JJJ and even when I placed a vote on JJJ Drago did not try to safe his ass. Some points that make it hard for me to read Drago, and if he is town he often gets himself read easily. That's also why Dragomir sometimes is a good N1 kill if there is no protection around him.

All in all Dragomir feels like he is hiding something, could also be anything tbh. He is unclear to me and indeed partially scummy for my taste.

JaggedJimmyJay
this is my first answer to you and bringing forward my concern about Dragomir to Dragomir, so he can imply these points in his defense.

I also don't know anything about Long Con in this case. Dragomir likes to attack randomly.

About you, I was a bit harsh on you and since I don't know your scumplay I am cautious about everything, but I think we are fine if we decide to move on and expand our reads at that point.

about Mac, I must honestly say he started off as civillian and keeps it. He has a strong opinion and underlines it, even if shortly and he makes it hard to read him deeper, but only on a superficial point of view. He is buddying Fayt against Dragomir and me.
MacDougall wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:27 pm
Dragomir wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:21 pm
Fayt wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:34 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:36 pm I thought Fayt was part of the recent MU wave but they're not lol
Sup Starlight
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:30 pm We already have something of substance to talk about, people. If you haven't already piped in, I want to know what y'all think of Dragomir or anything related to the conversation surrounding Dragomir.
So for the dragomir thing, I might be late on this because I haven't had a chance to reply until now. There are things I'm unsure of and this is off of first impressions but I do lean scum on him. As reasons stated above but also because of Dragomir not wanting to do first impressions but then jump onto another target (i.e. LC) so he must think of something about LC that strikes him as odd or did he just drop the LC name to get people off of his back.

Secondly, I don't think Dragomir and JJJ are bussing each other. If they are then I'm definitely fooled. If Dragomir turns out to be scum, I find Jay as town and vice versa. However, there is a chance they could both be town but I don't think both would be scum.
Fake. Super fake. Fayt is bad.
"I do lean scum on him". She is emphasising "I do" as opposed to just "I lean". She is responding someone who does not. There is only one person who has actively said that they do not and that is Rej. This is consequentially distancing of Rej.

The second paragraph spews both Jay and Drago as town.
This for example is literal stuff, like almost philosophy about grammar and it's true meaning behind it. I mean wtf at this point. Maybe I am to noobish for this shit, but I clearly didn't distance myself. I rather tried to engage and find something out for myself.
Like right now. You dissect Fayts wording, at this point it wasn't really needed but you used it to push Dragomir.

Okay either Drago is scum and you did a lucky push against Dragomir, coordinated with Fayt. Or you are scum that really searched for an asspull to push Dragomir and help building a wagon on him.

I don't know what to think because of your generall strong towny appeareance...but I feel there was something off in your play or just very well coordinated.

I think more ISO on Mac is not needed. I wanna look into Dom vs Drago but first I will play Overwatch with a friend. So I will still track you guys until EoD.

Rej posts like this one confuse me even now after his death, so I welcome all interpretations. The first highlight there shows Rej accusing Mac of buddying Fayt -- an accusation which only lands if Fayt is a civilian. This can have the dual function of gaining Fayt's support and lessening the influence of Mac (one of his accusers).

The second highlight instead paints Fayt as a potential coordinator which Mac, based upon some premise that is not readily clear to me. This is likely all spam meant to take the place of reads, and I am not inclined to judge Fayt on the basis of the second thing.

Rej knew I'm a civ and wanted to pit Mac against me. I think he slipped here with his wording, knowing that I am a civilian. He's been trying to set up Mac and despite him saying "Mac and I are interesting."

Rej wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:01 pm OOOOOOOOOOOH, I didn't knew what "spew" means until I read your explanations below. Omg thanks, now I can read the situation better.
This is my bad and a new interaction I should consider.

As for nutella I don't find any scum tells or scummy approaches by her towards some other player.
Now I think Mac and Fayt are getting more interesting for me.

I can't get more reads at this point as I rely on Sprityo and Michelles reads.

I will look at Long Con and then I looked at everyone.

No need for Dom ISO, that guy looks pretty townish since he became active in the Drago suspicion train.
But I ask myself if @Dom has some other reads, like some read on Mac (bringing back Mac because I think Dom was asked about Mac before and he had no read about him back then).

For the third time, Fayt is mentioned only when tacked alongside Mac. The consistency of this is a bit bothersome to me. A trend emerges in which Rej ties Mac to Fayt, which can be profitable to his team if either of them is lynched (assuming the link is not both of his teammates). If Fayt is lynched and flips mafia, Rej has set up Mac for an accusation. If Mac is lynched and flips civilian, it clears Fayt of this connection. In that regard I see room for trouble.

And when I flip as civilian? It would look bad on Mac. He's been trying to hint Mac or consider Mac for future setup. I feel like if his lynch didn't go through and I end up dead on N1, Mac would be a top suspect.

~~~

Fayt

Fayt wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:21 am English might not be my best suit but I was just only responding to JJJ. It's a bit of a reach to say that I'm distancing from Rej off of that because I said I do lean rather than I lean when both mean the same thing. There's someone else who also said Dragomir is town so it's not just only Rej. As far as Rej is concerned, I have a scum lean on him too.

As for the second paragraph, I'm thinking of possibilities, I still find Dragomir scummy but I could always be wrong.

~snip~

Not too sold on him. Wondered why on the LC name drop then calls me fake without elaborating or explaining why he thinks of LC as bad despite not liking to do first impressions, his trolling seems genuine but his defense afterwards felt weak to me and he held a soft defense on Rej and vice versa.

Mac may have made a pretty brilliant catch here. Mac had asserted, based upon a somewhat ~out there~ (at least by surface appearance), that Fayt had distanced herself from Rej in her language against Dragomir. Then when faced with this accusation, she rejected the assertion and the logic underlying it -- but still voiced suspicion of Rej. Highlighted.

Then view the next portion, from the same post. Fayt gave Dragomir more crap, and in the process they insinuated that he and Rej had been soft-defending one another. They forced a link between the two, and it smells like a setup to me.

Already talked about the distancing thing. I had suspicions on both Dragomir and Rej as teammates. They didn't want to vote on each other, Dragomir held a soft defense here
Dragomir wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:20 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:18 pm Drago is town

Rej is cat. "I don't understand the case" is scumtell sometimes

Super weak reason against one. "I don't understand the case" is not at all alignment indicative and can be said by anyone regardless of alignment. Like how could you use that as a scum tell? I don't get it.

and we already saw Rej's defense on Dragomir, it seemed suspicious which is why I called it out earlier. They barely interacted with each other until the very end and Rej didn't even place a vote on him despite pointing the finger back at him.

Fayt wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:36 pm After seeing this as his town play under pressure, I feel the case for Dragomir as scum is weaker in my head. That said, I would put him more for neutral for now. I'm not entirely too sure what dragomir is saying about having something extra for LC that's not info.

As the case for Rej, I'm not liking the no vote when he has a couple of suspects. He wants us to go back to Dragomir but doesn't want to place the vote himself. I'm not sure what to make of that.

What does "spewed" mean? nutella
Fayt wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:04 pm
Rej wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:58 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:46 pm Rej, as far as I am concerned your vote is on Dragomir right now. You're exploring ideas and asking questions, but the day is over in less than 40 minutes. Who do you want to lynch?

I have my vote nowhere for exactly such a moment. We can agree on doing the Long Con gamble lynch. Else my lynch would be wasted on others I feel, in a sense that we can't get enough votes maybe.
So my vote on Long Con should be bringing us forward.
[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

Gonna take a smoke, gonna check all 5 minute instances.
Why not Dragomir? You had a case for him more than Long Con and you call it a gamble for LC so that means you're unsure of him right?

[VOTE: Rej] aubergine

This is, to be fair, valid. The vote came 18 minutes prior to the deadline however, so I'm inclined to temper any credit. By this point if there's to be a bus then the decision has been made.

Already explained this earlier. It's not a bus, everything solidified my vote on him.

~~~

Conclusion: I think there's a compelling argument that Fayt is Rej's teammate.
I'm a doge
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Heh doge
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I’ll consider what you’ve said, [mention]Fayt[/mention]. Why do you think Mac and I are dogs?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

are you not one?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'll begin with JJJ grievances.

JJJ, obviously you voted LC when you had so much issue with Rej, while Rej called LC a "gamble." That makes no sense to me.

Second,
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:32 pm At this rate I am frankly inclined to lynch a low poster. I've the most active suspicion of Fayt among them. I hate lynching newcomers on Day 1; I'll do what I think is best though. I feel no obligation to keep sprityo or TSP alive either.
This is bullshit.

JJJ Mr. 200 posts does not lynch a low poster and a new person at that on Day 1. You're so sweet and kind to Michelle (who, though not very new, called Rej good), but you are ready to ruin Fayt Day 1?

Never mind the "At this rate I am frankly inclined to lynch a low poster."

"At this rate" and "frankly inclined" are reasons enough to vote for you (which I'll go ahead and do). There's been thirteen pages. There is no reason to fuck with a low poster lynch when there's so much going on in the thread (that you yourself take credit for). "Frankly inclined" are bullshit words.

Instead you went for Long Con, whom I feel you had no rights to vote for.

Let's see:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:13 pm Long Con dog
Turnip Head cat
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:08 pm nutella
novaselinenever

Epignosis
Long Con
Rej
speedchuck
MacDougall

Fayt
Michelle
sprityo
TonyStarkprime
Turnip Head

Dragomir
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:52 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:48 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:31 pm The thing you said about a car, see? I think was a joke, see? I also thought it had real function as being incredulous about my “tell me more” bit, see?
Not really. It not "real" in any way other than referencing Grease.
I didn’t even know until right now that you were referencing Grease, despite your gif and “tell me more”.

I’m not the smartest doggo. :smile:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:48 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:19 pm I'll support a Dragomir vote. I was too annoyed earlier to talk about it, but now I am more chill...just :rolleyes: to any case made against my Day 0 posts.
Dragomir wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:30 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:58 pm
Dragomir wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:55 pm I just felt like doing that.
Ok how about talking about why you felt that way?
>Trying to go with the grain
>Hiding behind off-radar and focusing his attacks on an already suspected target. Similar to the first point.

LC = bad for me. It's only one post. A bit too early to tell if this is the direction that LC is going for the day with. Because of those 2 things, I'm not married to this read, but this is how I feel right now.
My post was an entirely facetious post, following JJJ's demanding line of questioning. Dragomir sees it as an "attack" on him, the "target".
I don't care for this either. Dragomir interpreted a facetious post as not being facetious. Long Con jumps right onto the wagon on that basis. There's not enough deliberation or communication here for my liking. It's just immediate judgment and essentially nothing thereafter.
This was approximately three hours before the deadline. By this point, as I recall, Dragomir and Rej were neck and neck. You were, again, as I recall, looking for another wagon (you found one in Fayt, I think). Correct whatever is wrong. "Immediate judgement" is your bread and butter. I do not believe you suspected Long Con over this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:31 pm [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:48 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:46 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:44 pm Someone tell me why Long Con is a civilian.
His entrance and D0 were great. He was dancing through the thread lol. Liked the energy and him messing around, felt like someone having fun instead of an anxious scum trying to break the ice with light jokes and fluff to avoid getting down to business and contributing
Is that good enough right now? I mean I liked the dancing puppy gif, but who cares about that?
nova's words were not enough to sway you "right now." Why wasn't what nova had to say good enough? You sound like you need an excuse to keep your vote on Long Con meanwhile seeking a reason to keep your vote on him.

This is not convincing.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:01 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:46 pm Rej, as far as I am concerned your vote is on Dragomir right now. You're exploring ideas and asking questions, but the day is over in less than 40 minutes. Who do you want to lynch?

I have my vote nowhere for exactly such a moment. We can agree on doing the Long Con gamble lynch. Else my lynch would be wasted on others I feel, in a sense that we can't get enough votes maybe.

Why is Long Con a "gamble" lynch any more than whoever? Or the guy you just told me you find suspicious?
This is a good post provided you are not Rej's teammate.

A minute later though?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:02 pm [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:05 pm
Rej wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:03 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:02 pm [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine
why that fast move?
I'm never lynching Dragomir today.
I would. Still.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:05 pm bleh [VOTE: Rej] aubergine
Bleh indeed.

Your team sucks at coordinating things. Almost like herding...cats.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:09 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:05 pm I think Fayt is Civ. I like that point about calling me a "gamble". Sounds like subconscious baddie-speak for "It's going to be a Civ lynch".
No.

Back to LC.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:15 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:15 pm I'll vote Rej.
What is Dragomir's alignment?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:18 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:15 pm I'll vote Rej.
Do you find Rej suspicious?
LC voted Rej, so JJJ asked about Dragomir's alignment. Twice. What purpose does this serve other than to get LC rethinking his Rej vote?

This, to me, is mafia JJJ dancing.

Mac, I changed my mind. I have massive problems with JJJ. He is not a civilian. And no, I haven't read his essays.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

That’s all great, but it’s wrong. I’ll say more when I’ve a computer in front of me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:09 pm That’s all great, but it’s wrong. I’ll say more when I’ve a computer in front of me.
I'm prepared to listen when you are ready.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ugh this complicates things
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:10 pm Ugh this complicates things
Does any part of that case surprise you?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'll talk about Fayt. I think Fayt is a civilian.

First of all, Fayt, you know, voted for Rej. I mean.

Second, Fayt sounds like a foreign (read: non-Syndicate) juliets. Fayt asks many relevant questions and appears engaged in a calm way.

And then this:

"Before I go in on this, I do read JJJ and Mac as town."

The first thing Fayt does before diving into accusations is give two people civilian credit, including the two people already voting Fayt.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Yeah, I just looked at what JJJ had to say against Fayt. That's shite.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Fayt wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:49 pm Before I go in on this, I do read JJJ and Mac as town. I can't think of a reason why scum would go for a mislynch on me, maybe because it would be "easy." (this isn't the first time I've had the let's gang on the newcomer) but it's a terrible risk once I flip so I'll lay out my thoughts on JJJ's read on me. I would have to dig deeper on the other reads and see what I'm missing. The whole LC wagon still strikes me as odd and felt like someone was trying to save Rej at the end.

I've already talked about Mac's theory of me and Rej's distancing. I failed to see how off of the words "I do lean" vs "I lean" when the topic at hand was responding to JJJ. responses in bold and this color is mine.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:37 pm Interactions: Rej and Fayt

Rej

Rej wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:00 am JJJ and Mac look worser than before.
Fayt is ok.
Epi is also ok.

Okay. By this point Fayt had made four posts, two of which were of substance -- this clarifies from a random "ok" read on someone with one empty post or somate.

Thinking he just bandwagoned off of Epi's read off of me or he wanted to have my support.
Rej wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:40 pm First:

The Dragomir case

Dragomir imho really plays off, I agree once to novas point that Dragomir is basically powering through. Drago comes off a bit offminded (if that's a word). I used so many off's sometimes I could think of an "uff". Drago only dared to counterpush JJJ and even when I placed a vote on JJJ Drago did not try to safe his ass. Some points that make it hard for me to read Drago, and if he is town he often gets himself read easily. That's also why Dragomir sometimes is a good N1 kill if there is no protection around him.

All in all Dragomir feels like he is hiding something, could also be anything tbh. He is unclear to me and indeed partially scummy for my taste.

JaggedJimmyJay
this is my first answer to you and bringing forward my concern about Dragomir to Dragomir, so he can imply these points in his defense.

I also don't know anything about Long Con in this case. Dragomir likes to attack randomly.

About you, I was a bit harsh on you and since I don't know your scumplay I am cautious about everything, but I think we are fine if we decide to move on and expand our reads at that point.

about Mac, I must honestly say he started off as civillian and keeps it. He has a strong opinion and underlines it, even if shortly and he makes it hard to read him deeper, but only on a superficial point of view. He is buddying Fayt against Dragomir and me.
MacDougall wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:27 pm
Dragomir wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:21 pm
Fayt wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:34 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:36 pm I thought Fayt was part of the recent MU wave but they're not lol
Sup Starlight
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:30 pm We already have something of substance to talk about, people. If you haven't already piped in, I want to know what y'all think of Dragomir or anything related to the conversation surrounding Dragomir.
So for the dragomir thing, I might be late on this because I haven't had a chance to reply until now. There are things I'm unsure of and this is off of first impressions but I do lean scum on him. As reasons stated above but also because of Dragomir not wanting to do first impressions but then jump onto another target (i.e. LC) so he must think of something about LC that strikes him as odd or did he just drop the LC name to get people off of his back.

Secondly, I don't think Dragomir and JJJ are bussing each other. If they are then I'm definitely fooled. If Dragomir turns out to be scum, I find Jay as town and vice versa. However, there is a chance they could both be town but I don't think both would be scum.
Fake. Super fake. Fayt is bad.
"I do lean scum on him". She is emphasising "I do" as opposed to just "I lean". She is responding someone who does not. There is only one person who has actively said that they do not and that is Rej. This is consequentially distancing of Rej.

The second paragraph spews both Jay and Drago as town.
This for example is literal stuff, like almost philosophy about grammar and it's true meaning behind it. I mean wtf at this point. Maybe I am to noobish for this shit, but I clearly didn't distance myself. I rather tried to engage and find something out for myself.
Like right now. You dissect Fayts wording, at this point it wasn't really needed but you used it to push Dragomir.

Okay either Drago is scum and you did a lucky push against Dragomir, coordinated with Fayt. Or you are scum that really searched for an asspull to push Dragomir and help building a wagon on him.

I don't know what to think because of your generall strong towny appeareance...but I feel there was something off in your play or just very well coordinated.

I think more ISO on Mac is not needed. I wanna look into Dom vs Drago but first I will play Overwatch with a friend. So I will still track you guys until EoD.

Rej posts like this one confuse me even now after his death, so I welcome all interpretations. The first highlight there shows Rej accusing Mac of buddying Fayt -- an accusation which only lands if Fayt is a civilian. This can have the dual function of gaining Fayt's support and lessening the influence of Mac (one of his accusers).

The second highlight instead paints Fayt as a potential coordinator which Mac, based upon some premise that is not readily clear to me. This is likely all spam meant to take the place of reads, and I am not inclined to judge Fayt on the basis of the second thing.

Rej knew I'm a civ and wanted to pit Mac against me. I think he slipped here with his wording, knowing that I am a civilian. He's been trying to set up Mac and despite him saying "Mac and I are interesting."

Rej wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:01 pm OOOOOOOOOOOH, I didn't knew what "spew" means until I read your explanations below. Omg thanks, now I can read the situation better.
This is my bad and a new interaction I should consider.

As for nutella I don't find any scum tells or scummy approaches by her towards some other player.
Now I think Mac and Fayt are getting more interesting for me.

I can't get more reads at this point as I rely on Sprityo and Michelles reads.

I will look at Long Con and then I looked at everyone.

No need for Dom ISO, that guy looks pretty townish since he became active in the Drago suspicion train.
But I ask myself if @Dom has some other reads, like some read on Mac (bringing back Mac because I think Dom was asked about Mac before and he had no read about him back then).

For the third time, Fayt is mentioned only when tacked alongside Mac. The consistency of this is a bit bothersome to me. A trend emerges in which Rej ties Mac to Fayt, which can be profitable to his team if either of them is lynched (assuming the link is not both of his teammates). If Fayt is lynched and flips mafia, Rej has set up Mac for an accusation. If Mac is lynched and flips civilian, it clears Fayt of this connection. In that regard I see room for trouble.

And when I flip as civilian? It would look bad on Mac. He's been trying to hint Mac or consider Mac for future setup. I feel like if his lynch didn't go through and I end up dead on N1, Mac would be a top suspect.

~~~

Fayt

Fayt wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:21 am English might not be my best suit but I was just only responding to JJJ. It's a bit of a reach to say that I'm distancing from Rej off of that because I said I do lean rather than I lean when both mean the same thing. There's someone else who also said Dragomir is town so it's not just only Rej. As far as Rej is concerned, I have a scum lean on him too.

As for the second paragraph, I'm thinking of possibilities, I still find Dragomir scummy but I could always be wrong.

~snip~

Not too sold on him. Wondered why on the LC name drop then calls me fake without elaborating or explaining why he thinks of LC as bad despite not liking to do first impressions, his trolling seems genuine but his defense afterwards felt weak to me and he held a soft defense on Rej and vice versa.

Mac may have made a pretty brilliant catch here. Mac had asserted, based upon a somewhat ~out there~ (at least by surface appearance), that Fayt had distanced herself from Rej in her language against Dragomir. Then when faced with this accusation, she rejected the assertion and the logic underlying it -- but still voiced suspicion of Rej. Highlighted.

Then view the next portion, from the same post. Fayt gave Dragomir more crap, and in the process they insinuated that he and Rej had been soft-defending one another. They forced a link between the two, and it smells like a setup to me.

Already talked about the distancing thing. I had suspicions on both Dragomir and Rej as teammates. They didn't want to vote on each other, Dragomir held a soft defense here
Dragomir wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:20 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:18 pm Drago is town

Rej is cat. "I don't understand the case" is scumtell sometimes

Super weak reason against one. "I don't understand the case" is not at all alignment indicative and can be said by anyone regardless of alignment. Like how could you use that as a scum tell? I don't get it.

and we already saw Rej's defense on Dragomir, it seemed suspicious which is why I called it out earlier. They barely interacted with each other until the very end and Rej didn't even place a vote on him despite pointing the finger back at him.

Fayt wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:36 pm After seeing this as his town play under pressure, I feel the case for Dragomir as scum is weaker in my head. That said, I would put him more for neutral for now. I'm not entirely too sure what dragomir is saying about having something extra for LC that's not info.

As the case for Rej, I'm not liking the no vote when he has a couple of suspects. He wants us to go back to Dragomir but doesn't want to place the vote himself. I'm not sure what to make of that.

What does "spewed" mean? nutella
Fayt wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:04 pm

Why not Dragomir? You had a case for him more than Long Con and you call it a gamble for LC so that means you're unsure of him right?

[VOTE: Rej] aubergine

This is, to be fair, valid. The vote came 18 minutes prior to the deadline however, so I'm inclined to temper any credit. By this point if there's to be a bus then the decision has been made.

Already explained this earlier. It's not a bus, everything solidified my vote on him.

~~~

Conclusion: I think there's a compelling argument that Fayt is Rej's teammate.
I'm a doge
I'm not going to cut quote tags. I can't be bothered. What I want to to talk about is in pink.

"The vote came 18 minutes prior to the deadline however, so I'm inclined to temper any credit. By this point if there's to be a bus then the decision has been made."

First, Fayt gave great reasons for the vote against Rej.

Second, in my experience, the decision to bus a teammate happens early, not late. I think JJJ knows this. When I've been bad, I have had to lecture my teammates that "Guys, you know you need to lynch civilians and not one another to win, right?" I witness mafia members trying to grab credibility time after time early on before anybody can accuse them of exactly this.

Third, I don't see civilian JJJ going after a new person who lynched a mafioso Day 1.

That's horseshit.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I will say that my initial instinct coming into this Day 2 was to vote again for Dragomir. I still have grievances there.
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 273

Post by novaselinenever »

[VOTE: JJJ] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:06 pm I'll begin with JJJ grievances.

JJJ, obviously you voted LC when you had so much issue with Rej, while Rej called LC a "gamble." That makes no sense to me.
I had issues with both. I wasn't confident in either. As the day ended I looked at the thread and interpreted what I saw. I saw a player who has said some confusing things (Rej) for whom English is not a first language. Qualifying why that content is confusing with the language barrier in mind is something I have to try to do, and in the end it did not inspire confidence in me that "Yes, Rej is bad." Moreover, the Rej and Dragomir wagons had been sitting there stale for a while, and I didn't get the impression anyone was interested in preventing the former save Michelle. Long Con's actions at the very end of the day, which I'll talk about later in this thing, gave me a bad impression and so I voted for him. I'd been wanting a different wagon, and he ended up my choice.
Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:06 pmThis is bullshit.

JJJ Mr. 200 posts does not lynch a low poster and a new person at that on Day 1. You're so sweet and kind to Michelle (who, though not very new, called Rej good), but you are ready to ruin Fayt Day 1?

Never mind the "At this rate I am frankly inclined to lynch a low poster."

"At this rate" and "frankly inclined" are reasons enough to vote for you (which I'll go ahead and do). There's been thirteen pages. There is no reason to fuck with a low poster lynch when there's so much going on in the thread (that you yourself take credit for). "Frankly inclined" are bullshit words.

Instead you went for Long Con, whom I feel you had no rights to vote for.
I was not ready to ruin Fayt Day 1. I stated that I don't like to lynch newcomers on their first day here. I don't abjectly refuse to do it if I cannot come up with a better idea. I ended up coming up with a better idea -- or at least I felt like it was a better idea when the deadline struck.

I don't care about the prepositional or adverb phrases. Do with those whatever you want. I am verbose.

Long Con himself was a low poster. He may not have seemed like one because of name recognition, but he was.
Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:06 pmThis was approximately three hours before the deadline. By this point, as I recall, Dragomir and Rej were neck and neck. You were, again, as I recall, looking for another wagon (you found one in Fayt, I think). Correct whatever is wrong. "Immediate judgement" is your bread and butter. I do not believe you suspected Long Con over this.
Yes, I called Long Con green in some rainbow lists. I don't care. I called Dragomir red in one of those and changed my mind. I hurl out a thousand stances per game, and they change often.

My change of heart on Dragomir was an important component of the transition you're observing. I thought Dragomir looked like a civilian, and that meant that somewhere among his numerous early accusers there may be an opportunist. I went looking for one, and found gripes with both nutella and Long Con. I felt the former adequately answered my gripes and the latter did not. Long Con was a suspect. Regarding "immediate judgment" -- I understand your perspective. I think the difference here is nuanced and probably not easy to see for people who don't live inside my head. I do make immediate judgments often in games; the difference lies with the sense of finality. My judgments, especially in the earliest stages of play, are not static and can be entirely reversed on a dime. I do it all the time, sometimes to my own detriment.

I didn't get the impression that Long Con was genuinely trying to learn something about Dragomir by way of his accusation. Instead I felt it was an accusation full stop, and it was an unfounded shitty accusation at that. So I beefed.
Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:06 pmnova's words were not enough to sway you "right now." Why wasn't what nova had to say good enough? You sound like you need an excuse to keep your vote on Long Con meanwhile seeking a reason to keep your vote on him.

This is not convincing.
Yes. Long Con's entry into this game was not something that I am going to exonerate him for -- not even right now. In a moment like this, my ability to do anything with what nova said to me is limited to essentially this:

nova's read is worth consideration solely because I read nova as a civilian and he is a quality player.

That means something, but it doesn't mean everything. I often give players civilian credit that you find disagreeable, Epignosis, and sometimes you're right. I expect you probably take what I say into consideration, but it doesn't decide your actions on its own. This kind of thing happens in every game.
Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:06 pmThis is a good post provided you are not Rej's teammate.

A minute later though?

~~~

Bleh indeed.

Your team sucks at coordinating things. Almost like herding...cats.
Perhaps that's the best evidence in my favor. My mafia teams are always great in coordination because I'm a part of them. :grin:

I had gripes with Rej. I had gripes with Long Con. I had gripes with other people. No single gripe, regardless of who is featured in a post that I am griping, entirely dictates my vote. You note that I have 200 posts -- consider what that means for my mindset. I have a lot going on in that noggin' of mine, to include but not limited to Rej saying some goofy shit about a gamble.

I said "bleh" because I seriously didn't feel any confidence when I voted Rej. I'd been looking for a better option that wasn't Dragomir, and at least in that moment I stuck the vote on him. I like to feel better about the votes that I place than I felt about that vote. As it turns out Rej was a cat, but I don't know that shit until the day is over.
Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:06 pmLC voted Rej, so JJJ asked about Dragomir's alignment. Twice. What purpose does this serve other than to get LC rethinking his Rej vote?

This, to me, is mafia JJJ dancing.

Mac, I changed my mind. I have massive problems with JJJ. He is not a civilian. And no, I haven't read his essays.
Correction for the sake of clarity: I asked about Dragomir once and Rej once. I asked Long Con these things precisely because I did not know what was going to happen when the deadline hit. Rej was leading the poll, and I wanted to be set up as well as I could be entering Day 2 no matter how Rej would flip. Long Con had been planted on Dragomir all day, and eventually he swapped to Rej -- his own counterwagon. I wanted him to say out loud that he suspected Rej himself and/or he was primarily interested in self-preservation. I also wanted him to talk about Dragomir, the player he moved his vote from. If Rej had flipped civilian, these are data points I would be more interested in today. I like to be prepared, and I try to set the table accordingly.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

novaselinenever
Hitman

Re: Dogs vs. Cats [Day 1]

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:32 pm At this rate I am frankly inclined to lynch a low poster. I've the most active suspicion of Fayt among them. I hate lynching newcomers on Day 1; I'll do what I think is best though. I feel no obligation to keep sprityo or TSP alive either.
Yikes.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:34 pm I will say that my initial instinct coming into this Day 2 was to vote again for Dragomir. I still have grievances there.
Why?
Fayt
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Fayt »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:02 pm I’ll consider what you’ve said, [mention]Fayt[/mention]. Why do you think Mac and I are dogs?
Hmm I stated at the beginning of my earlier post, I don't think scum would start a lynch for me because it would be too risky once I flip. I don't think I'm a very good mislynch either but that's just my opinion on me personally. I also checked your interaction with Rej and it seemed non-fabricated and natural. However, my mind could change. I still have to comb over through everything and I would like to see how the day progresses. :ponder:

For Mac, I think Rej was trying too hard to set up Mac. Mac is a solid town read from me, I can't see him as a cat.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 110

Post by Dom »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:22 pm Dom would be my "darkhorse" pick at the moment. While he didn't sound disingenuous, the objective criteria still stands as something he'll have to answer to. He contributed vocally to some of the suspicion of Rej, but his vote never wavered from Dragomir. He wasn't around late in the day; I do think he was here late enough to begin to reconsider his take on Dragomir at least.
:shrug:
i hate agreeing with you bc reasons :p
but i agree with you

Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:34 pm I will say that my initial instinct coming into this Day 2 was to vote again for Dragomir. I still have grievances there.
I also agree with this.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:41 pm
Why?
Because I still have grievances there. Damn can't you read?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:30 pm I'm not going to cut quote tags. I can't be bothered. What I want to to talk about is in pink.

"The vote came 18 minutes prior to the deadline however, so I'm inclined to temper any credit. By this point if there's to be a bus then the decision has been made."

Second, in my experience, the decision to bus a teammate happens early, not late. I think JJJ knows this. When I've been bad, I have had to lecture my teammates that "Guys, you know you need to lynch civilians and not one another to win, right?" I witness mafia members trying to grab credibility time after time early on before anybody can accuse them of exactly this.

Third, I don't see civilian JJJ going after a new person who lynched a mafioso Day 1.

That's horseshit.
That is definitely not my experience. Bussing tends to be a disjointed and frantic thing in many cases -- not all, but many. That's especially true for bussing that works. There have been instances where I have tried to coordinate a bus that I expect to fail earlier on, when I think I can assert the necessary control over matters. Generally though I don't agree with you. You're unique in the mafia-aligned arena I think and your experiences follow.

We've seen 900 Mafia games on The Syndicate in 2019 in which a mafioso has been lynched on Day 1. The civilians then lose the damned game, because they don't pay attention to bussers or they give someone a break for crappy reasons. There's a good chance someone on that Rej wagon was a teammate of Rej. I'd be surprised if not. Fayt is a candidate, and I don't think their "newness" is important with respect to a vote that comes when the day is about to end. All it takes is Rej saying in BTSC "go ahead and off me, it's for the best". It's not horseshit, it's responsible.

Fayt may be a civilian. I'll have to fully review and consider everything they've said today. You need to read my "essays" though, all of them, to see where my mindset is with all of these votes and all of these people.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:39 pm
Yikes.
I had no confidence in the predominant wagons of the day, the thread wasn't moving especially fast, and I wanted an alternative. I viewed the low post pile as worth considering. If you don't buy it oh well.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:44 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:30 pm I'm not going to cut quote tags. I can't be bothered. What I want to to talk about is in pink.

That's horseshit.
That is definitely not my experience. Bussing tends to be a disjointed and frantic thing in many cases -- not all, but many. That's especially true for bussing that works. There have been instances where I have tried to coordinate a bus that I expect to fail earlier on, when I think I can assert the necessary control over matters. Generally though I don't agree with you. You're unique in the mafia-aligned arena I think and your experiences follow.

We've seen 900 Mafia games on The Syndicate in 2019 in which a mafioso has been lynched on Day 1. The civilians then lose the damned game, because they don't pay attention to bussers or they give someone a break for crappy reasons. There's a good chance someone on that Rej wagon was a teammate of Rej. I'd be surprised if not. Fayt is a candidate, and I don't think their "newness" is important with respect to a vote that comes when the day is about to end. All it takes is Rej saying in BTSC "go ahead and off me, it's for the best". It's not horseshit, it's responsible.

Fayt may be a civilian. I'll have to fully review and consider everything they've said today. You need to read my "essays" though, all of them, to see where my mindset is with all of these votes and all of these people.
I'll read them all right.

Maybe twice after you're lynched. :dark:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:46 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:39 pm
Yikes.
I had no confidence in the predominant wagons of the day, the thread wasn't moving especially fast, and I wanted an alternative. I viewed the low post pile as worth considering. If you don't buy it oh well.
Let's go through JJJ's Day One video, shall we? I'm going to.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

That's as far as I care to defend myself on these fronts. Folks can take it or leave it. I'm not inclined to waste my limited hunting time dealing with all that. It made me want to blow my brains out in Persona 5, and I am just not.

Read me however you read me; just make sure you keep your head on straight. It's very easy for any mafia read on JJJ to become a tunnel, because I'm me and lynching me is therapeutic.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:49 pm Let's go through JJJ's Day One video, shall we? I'm going to.
Please do! It needs more hits! :biggrin:

It's a good examination of why I have zero regrets about anything I did on Day 1. I won't get the pretty gold star sticker that the Rej voters get, and that's okay. I did my part to establish the environment where Rej floundered. :beer:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Fayt wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:42 pm Hmm I stated at the beginning of my earlier post, I don't think scum would start a lynch for me because it would be too risky once I flip. I don't think I'm a very good mislynch either but that's just my opinion on me personally. I also checked your interaction with Rej and it seemed non-fabricated and natural. However, my mind could change. I still have to comb over through everything and I would like to see how the day progresses. :ponder:

For Mac, I think Rej was trying too hard to set up Mac. Mac is a solid town read from me, I can't see him as a cat.
What did you like about my interaction with Rej? You may be in the minority. :smile:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

novaselinenever
Hitman

Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:43 pm
Why?
What are those grievances? I'm interested. I had earlier grievances with his initial entrance and the stubbornness that led to you activated my trap card moment, but I've been reconsidering that since he opened up with his LC suspicion. There is also Rej's handling of him and his bold defense of Rej that makes him look good.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Dragomir's been basically the focal point of D1 and he didn't even get lynched lol
novaselinenever
Hitman

[mention]Dom[/mention] What's your beef with Drago?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:14 pm
I haven't read it. I am just not welcoming of it. I was enjoying the game and Epi vs. Jay is tiring af and repetitive.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Rej wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:20 pm I don't get the scumreads on Dragomir. Sounds a bit forced by JJJ and novas, also it was quite a speedy jump.
Still think this screams of TMI. Generic mafioso keeping his distance from an incorrect angry mob before they mislynch Dragomir. He even built in eventual landing points for his finger of blame.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

0:01 JJJ tries to sound like an Ohioan version of The Joker.
1:27 JJJ admits he does not want you to have fun.
2:00 I think JJJ held to this.
2:17 This happened.
The rest of it is "Stuff happens."

Okay, that wasn't as helpful as I thought it was going to be. You're welcome for the hits JJJ.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:56 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:14 pm
I haven't read it. I am just not welcoming of it. I was enjoying the game and Epi vs. Jay is tiring af and repetitive.
I am a Master of Zen this game. I sort of took it from your late-stage play in the finale, actually. I may engage in debate, I may be accused like nobody ever before, and I may be inclined to respond -- but this will not become toxic. I refuse.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

novaselinenever wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:54 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:43 pm
Why?
What are those grievances? I'm interested. I had earlier grievances with his initial entrance and the stubbornness that led to you activated my trap card moment, but I've been reconsidering that since he opened up with his LC suspicion. There is also Rej's handling of him and his bold defense of Rej that makes him look good.
I voted for him Day 1. Must I repeat myself? My time is limited. I only have like 30 posts.

I do NOT think Dragomir looks good in the wake of the Rej lynch. That I can and will elaborate on.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dom wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:42 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:22 pm Dom would be my "darkhorse" pick at the moment. While he didn't sound disingenuous, the objective criteria still stands as something he'll have to answer to. He contributed vocally to some of the suspicion of Rej, but his vote never wavered from Dragomir. He wasn't around late in the day; I do think he was here late enough to begin to reconsider his take on Dragomir at least.
:shrug:
i hate agreeing with you bc reasons :p
but i agree with you

I also agree with this.
I'm going to go ahead and just call you a suspect straight up. We don't need "darkhorse". :smile:

I don't like this post.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

All of this said, JJJ gave a ton of shit to Rej. I want people to talk about that.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”