No votes
Host/non/dead option
79%

Total votes: 19
Texas Cloverleaf
Posts in topic: 79

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 1]

Post by Texas Cloverleaf »

Oh I also believe creature to be town without having any specific reason for thinking so
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 318
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

juliets wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:50 am Read of Michelle - lean town.

I like the way Michelle asks lots of questions and offers opinions whenever she's on. There is not much fluff in her ISO, barely any as a matter of fact. She sticks to business. I like her pushes on Rej who has not had much to say so far. I think I mentioned I just played a game with Michelle where we both were scum and she wasn't present in the thread like she has been here. There is one post of hers that I didn't agree with so I need to go back and re-look at the situation. It was when Eva made a post and Michelle called it juicy in a scum way. I'll take another look a little later.
finished work and i came here. I would like your oppinion on that post. It pinged me enough to call it juicy, and this is not my usual take for a post.
I think your read may help me to reconsider if you have a different oppinion.
I didn't receive scum vibes from you so i trust you with this read
Spoiler: show

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Texas Cloverleaf

Man the avatar upload restrictions here suck, this why no one talks to me :(
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 518

Re: I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

juliets wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:04 am
Elephant wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:19 am
juliets wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:52 am
Elephant wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:40 am
juliets wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:49 am
Elephant wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:25 am
juliets wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:31 am Ok it's time to concentrate on my group and see if I can pull some reads out. Posting them here for my own reference:

Elephant
Michelle
Evenstar
Master Radishes
Texas Cloverleaf
Hi Juliets!
May I inquire whether you have done anything scummish lately?
Thanks in advance
the Elephant
Hi Elephant!

I'm reading through your posts right now, and mind-melded with you on one of them.

I don't feel like I've done anything scummy but both Dom and Epi feel like my ISO on Tony was OOC in that I am not usually that accusatory. I have to believe them because I've played with both for a long, long time. You'll see my responses to them in my ISO.

TSP who I have played one game with and I was bad says I remind him of that game but he admits thats a weak meta read.

I have a question for you too - why does 112 find you scummy?
I believe the questions you put to Tony in your ISO of him were worth asking. When I read a player, I try to determine their intentions: why did they write that? Would they have written that as town? as scum? The motivations for the points you observed were unclear, so it was good to ask about them. Tony answered you 25 minutes later, here. My impression is that he gives fairly townish motivations for the posts that pinged you. I did not see a reaction to Tony's reply in your ISO. Why did you not comment on his answer?
I was embarrassed that I had viewed several of his posts as serious when they were really jokes so I didn't feel like there was a lot for me to say to him. I should have responded though, it's rude not to acknowledge that he took the time to answer. I'll go back and take another look at his reply when I'm finished with my group.
I can certainly empathize with your feeling of embarrassment: you felt you were being more accusatory than you were comfortable with, and had been deflated. With a proper "accusatory" mindset, you would have realized that your questions were justified, and kept questioning some of the answers without embarrassment.
I see that you did not unvote Tony, and are still voting him. Why did you still scumread him after this answer?
You had been accused of being unusally accusatory; did that play a role in your decision not to double down?
I will re-visit that Tony vote today when I re-visit his reply to me. By double down do you mean did the accusatory accusations cause me to not say "I see your answers but still think you are scum"?

Also, have you read Eva yet? I just read her and my head is spinning. I'd appreciate your opinion if you have one at this point.

I've got to take a break and get ready for an appointment I have.
Please don't understand this as me giving you advice, I'm certain you don't need any help playing mafia. My thought is that some of Tony's answers can be questioned. For example, you accused him of hiding four reads in a "summary". Tony answered, "It’s literally just a joke summary for Michelle". It still has four reads in it that are getting passed of as a joke, so you could go and look at the page in question: would a bona fide "joke summary" characterize these players for their alignment, in the same way that "Elephant: elephant" characterizes my contributions? If you can see that, his answer is valid; if you can't see it, it might not be, and deserves further questioning.
I do hope for an explanation why Tony's answers satisfy you, but you still read him as mafia. I'm happy to hear you'll be re-visiting Tony and provide that.

I am watching Evenstar from the gallery, so to speak. I consider myself unable to read her off her antics, and therefore I am content to sit back and enjoy the fireworks exploding around her. As a benefit, this attitude nicely avoids the "my head is spinning" sensation that you just experienced. ;)
I am the Elephant.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

iaafr wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:41 am also hows texas claim a mindmeld with nanook and then vote on the other side of the nutella eva dichotomy

which is probably town/town

theyre all scum

112/nanook/texas/michelle

i got 4 of em im satisfied with my d1
your sinusoidal reads gives me goosebumbs tbh

Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

Michelle wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:15 am

I like the way Michelle asks lots of questions and offers opinions whenever she's on. There is not much fluff in her ISO, barely any as a matter of fact. She sticks to business. I like her pushes on Rej who has not had much to say so far. I think I mentioned I just played a game with Michelle where we both were scum and she wasn't present in the thread like she has been here. There is one post of hers that I didn't agree with so I need to go back and re-look at the situation. It was when Eva made a post and Michelle called it juicy in a scum way. I'll take another look a little later.
finished work and i came here. I would like your oppinion on that post. It pinged me enough to call it juicy, and this is not my usual take for a post.
The post in question seems to be this one:
Evenstar wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:35 pm
vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:00 pm like eva, i understand that you find pawn to be right very often but...

why does pawn have to be right in this instance? and more importantly, why is pawn towny to you? and if pawn is a wolf, what does that mean for iaafr and mac's alignments?
... I guess a Pawn/Nutella/[Mac or Iaafr] scumteam could exist, but my gut is saying that's just straight-up not the case here. If only Pawn is scum... mmmmrrrrhhhh. Then Iaafr is the partner and they're pushing me to lynch Nutella? Nah, that's a conspiracy theory, I don't buy that Pawn could control me that well. Maybe Nutella's been pocketed? Sure doesn't feel like it. Mac/Pawn might be doing that and then TRing Iaafr because he's pushing a ML on nutella? Nah, that makes no sense, why push a mislynch on the person you've pocketed?

Maybe Iaafr/Pawn going after Elephant as the ML? The gimmick does make him hatable, I can see Pawn going for that. He wouldn't push Elephant directly, scum pawn tends to work through intermediaries... But Iaafr's push on Elephant is super halfassed. Did some other scum make an opportunity? Who started the wagon? 112. 112/Iaafr/Pawn? I guess I could see it, but I don't like that everybody in it is someone closer to null than scum. Plus that many associatives this early is probably just wrong.

I don't see whatever sinister plot you're trying to get me to consider here, Vanity.
I hadn't seen this post yet, because it occurred after I left last night. I am surprised to read my name. iaafr did vote me, but had no push attached to it. I do remember finding my name in red in Evenstar's diagram of Pawn Lelouch's reads, and wondering, because to my recollection Pawn Lelouch has never pushed me. Evenstar read me as zero/town lean at the time, I believe, so that is one of the details where her reads differ from Pawn's. Since she sees reads differences as scum-motivated, her theorizing on this seems consistent.

In the first paragraph, Evenstar is running a stream of consciousness through the various options. It seems natural and in-character for Evenstar, though I would not want to read her alignment off it.

What did you feel was "juicy" about this post? I understand if you want to await Juliet's response, but since we are in the same group, I thought it a good idea to engage you over this.
I am the Elephant.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Elephant i will answer a little later when i will be home, now i have to live my office.

Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

I am the Robot Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

112 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:12 pm the elephant talks like he's secretly a robot wearing a costume.
https://abstract.desktopnexus.com/wallpaper/2098822/
I am the Elephant.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

Michelle wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:48 am Elephant i will answer a little later when i will be home, now i have to live my office.
Thank you, I'm looking forward to it!
I am the Elephant.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 317
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:15 amCome to think of it I have played in an insanely small amount of games where Epi was mafia. It's quite incredible and I never realised it before. If it's any at all it's like 1 or 2.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:17 am...his scumteams rarely ever lose.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1019
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Michelle wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:15 am

It struck me much the same way it struck Elephant, as a stream of consciousness thought post. It seemed like vanity's question triggered her to start thinking about different iterations of scum that she hadn't considered before with Pawn included. I didn't read it as any alignment, but I'd really like to know your perspective on it.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

Texas Cloverleaf wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:19 am Man the avatar upload restrictions here suck, this why no one talks to me :(
I talked to you earlier, but you did not reply.

If you link an image, I can resize it for you in a non-alignment-indicative manner.
Texas Cloverleaf.jpg
Texas Cloverleaf.jpg (9.77 KiB) Viewed 1136 times
I am the Elephant.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Texas Cloverleaf wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:19 am Man the avatar upload restrictions here suck, this why no one talks to me :(
I’ll talk to you! Hi I’m TSP. Could you please give me 3 non alligned pairs, players who aren’t w/w?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:54 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:15 amCome to think of it I have played in an insanely small amount of games where Epi was mafia. It's quite incredible and I never realised it before. If it's any at all it's like 1 or 2.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:17 am...his scumteams rarely ever lose.
I’ve played two games with scum Epi and he lost both games.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 893

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:22 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:47 pm
Evenstar wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:53 pm
iaafr wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:48 pm dude you should've seen Eva yesterday acting like nut town was the most obvious read in the game

and now one of llds alter egos telling her to vote there gets the vote?? with lld being hardly engaged?

Jesus

it's not wolfy but it's lmfao
:sigh:
Good God. I think I'm just gonna locktown read you and swallow all the tinfoil at this point.
This defeated reaction is identical to how she reacted to me (who she was townreading) when I wasn't vibing with her in the finale. She never did that in the WC. She was like a ball of irrational confidence. I think the vulnerability is a purely town trait. I base this on two games of meta. I am Godmac.
iaafr wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:41 am also hows texas claim a mindmeld with nanook and then vote on the other side of the nutella eva dichotomy

theyre all scum

lol ok

[VOTE: 112] aubergine

cause I don't want to be on eva anymore and 112 is (a) the person on this list I am most able to see as scum and (b) the most likely to be an actual lynch candidate
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Texas Cloverleaf

Elephant wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:27 am

If you link an image, I can resize it for you in a non-alignment-indicative manner.
Texas Cloverleaf.jpg
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

My attentions have been elsewhere since game start so I must have missed it, anything interesting?
Texas Cloverleaf

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:29 am
I’ll talk to you! Hi I’m TSP. Could you please give me 3 non alligned pairs, players who aren’t w/w?
Uhh beat I can do there is say that I think all of Mac 112 iaafr are town so none of those three pairings are w/w
Texas Cloverleaf

Though tbf 112 is the least actual reasons and the most gut so maybe I wouldn't go that far actually
Texas Cloverleaf

Texas Cloverleaf wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:37 am

Texas Cloverleaf.jpg
Also I low key hate you made this out of the rangers logo, us blue jay fans have some issues with them

My attentions have been elsewhere since game start so I must have missed it, anything interesting?
Texas Cloverleaf

Oops

"Also I low key hate you made this out of the rangers logo, us blue jay fans have some issues with them"
Benson
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his

Post by Benson »

Oh wow the 112 train has left the station.

Iaarf what was the sudden flip from "locktown" all about?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Texas Cloverleaf wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:38 am
Uhh beat I can do there is say that I think all of Mac 112 iaafr are town so none of those three pairings are w/w
That’s a way to get it done. I appreciate a gut tow read on 112.

2 more, none of those players allowed, both players have to be scummyish.

Easy one: Nutella/Eva are almost never w/w

You can’t use that one
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

I have to admit: TSPs nonchalant and unconcerned approach to the scumreads/votes against him look good and make me feel less confident.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 803
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Oh fucking hell I’m 30 pages behind. I miss anything important?
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

This response is disappointing if you're town.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

TEX AS RAN GERS

👏👏

👏👏👏
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

My kiddos spontaneously began a chant of “Let’s go Rangers” in the car the other day.

When asked to name their favorite Ranger, my 4 year old replied “Blaze” (the mascot for the University of Texas at Arlington which is at least the same city as the Rangers ballpark).

My 2 year old chimed in “Blaziken” (a pokemon).
vanity.
The Mark
Posts in topic: 427
Preferred Pronouns: they/them or she/her

Post by vanity. »

oh shoot i forgot about the group thing uhhhh'

woops
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: I am the Robot Elephant.

Elephant wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:48 am
112 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:12 pm the elephant talks like he's secretly a robot wearing a costume.
https://abstract.desktopnexus.com/wallpaper/2098822/
This some Rifts lookin shit.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MacDougall wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:22 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:47 pm
Evenstar wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:53 pm
iaafr wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:48 pm dude you should've seen Eva yesterday acting like nut town was the most obvious read in the game

and now one of llds alter egos telling her to vote there gets the vote?? with lld being hardly engaged?

Jesus

it's not wolfy but it's lmfao
:sigh:
Good God. I think I'm just gonna locktown read you and swallow all the tinfoil at this point.
This defeated reaction is identical to how she reacted to me (who she was townreading) when I wasn't vibing with her in the finale. She never did that in the WC. She was like a ball of irrational confidence. I think the vulnerability is a purely town trait. I base this on two games of meta. I am Godmac.
:ponder:
Texas Cloverleaf

Benson wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:49 am
The response is disappointing regardless of alignment but thems the breaks of starting 40 pages in the hole
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention], first my apologies for not responding to this yesterday. You put in time and effort into answering and I should have gotten back to you right away.

I'm including your whole post in the spoiler below but I will respond to each item here and just reference which post I'm referring to.

1. RE: first post, iaafr and your response to him about responding in three days. I believe I understand what your saying, that you can't do the kind of analysis iaafr wants right now because of the numbers and your busyness in rl. That makes sense to me.

2. RE: the reads list for Michelle that you are saying is a joke. I did go back and look at the descriptors you assigned as jokes: Drago - weird, Nova - scary after cats and dogs, Elephant - elephant, Mac - very positive, Creature - Creature, iaafr - my new favorite - and I do get the joke about these people based on their behavior in this game. I was just confused initially I think that they were mixed with some serious reads, but I get it now.

3. RE: the post where you said you were uncomfortable and your answer as to why was Drago. Ok, I get it because several people were talking about Drago's "flirty"(?) comments. I didn't get it because the post itself had nothing to do with Drago but those comments must have been in close proximity to your post.

4. RE: "who's 112". At the time I did not see the joke here at all but I accept your answer that that's what you were doing.

5. RE: you don't have a play style. Now see, I want to argue with this but I can't define your play style so I have no facts! So you got me, it's a fair point.

6. RE: your vote and follow up posts on me. I still maintain you didn't show that you were considering anything that I said, folding it together with your early impressions. But as I said, you did change your vote finally so I guess you just didn't show your work. You didn't respond to my opinion that your vote reasons for Pawn were weak. If you would, could you just tell me again why you have voted for him?

So all in all I think I have to look at changing my vote but right now I don't know who I will change it to. It may sit there awhile until I make a decision.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:09 pm I’ll respond as necessary though I applaud Juliets for putting in the work
juliets wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:43 pm Ok I finished the ISO for @TonyStarkPrime and have a few comments/questions for Tony. Some are necessarily about his vote for me because I find it odd. I apologize in advance if you find this too long.

Maybe this is nothing but what does he mean here? Tony, why are you saying you'll respond on day 3? It reads to me like you want to get a feel for iaafr's reads first so you can meld with him, but thats just my interpretation. Better that you tell me what you meant.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:14 pm
iaafr wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:12 pm just iso'd you and you're really chipper and agreeable

so maybe mac was onto something with you

im never townreading you in this game unless you produce multiple mindmelds

since our analysis styles are supposedly similar

gl tony stark prime
I consider this a challenge to which I will respond to around day 3
I’m not going to conduct good analysis right now there are 30 people and I’m theoretically busy

This is supposed to be a summary for Michelle but it looks like TSP is just making a list that he can pass off as a reads list. Note he only gives reads on 4 of us and the rest are just descriptors.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:17 am
Michelle wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:11 am Morning everyone, can't say i'll gladly catch up, can someone tell me if is worth reading all the last 7 pages?
Ah Michelle ma belle blah blah blah French stuff

To be honest no but it also can’t hurt?
Summary:
Juliets: bad
Nutella: good
Drago: weird
Jack: good for now
Nova: scary after cats and dogs
elephant: elephant
Mac: very positive
Creature: creature
iaiaafrair: my new favorite
It’s literally just a joke summary for Michelle

TSP what did you mean below when you said you were "uncomfortable"? Were you kidding? If not what was there to feel uncomfortable about?
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:20 am
nutella wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:16 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:11 am okay guys no more of uhh whatever this is until we figure out who’s trying to do the bad thing

I don’t know what that is cause I haven’t seen inception in a long time but something with brains and dreams

My first candidate is Juliets. Yes / no fight
Tony I just can't figure you out lol

...aka this post reads awkward and bad at face value but like also probably has good intentions? :shrug:
I am currently uncomfortable
Drago

Ok this is yikes. How could you not know 112? It makes me think you are not reading the thread closely which I associate more with scum. Or were you just kidding and if so why would you kid about that? It sounded real though.
nutella wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:19 am
Michelle wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:11 am Morning everyone, can't say i'll gladly catch up, can someone tell me if is worth reading all the last 7 pages?

Summary:
no mention of 112?

also just looked in your iso and you actually haven't acknowledged 112 once even though they've had lots of posts and attention so basically you're officially w/w now congratulations
No who’s 112
super joke

The post below has already been discussed so I'm including it just to be complete.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:32 am
Spiny Creature wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:14 am

Summary:
no mention of 112?

also just looked in your iso and you actually haven't acknowledged 112 once even though they've had lots of posts and attention so basically you're officially w/w now congratulations
No who’s 112
how do you have a strong favorite read of iaafr but "who dat" 112 when all of iaafr's meaningful posts/interactions were with 112 lol this read fake

I've been reading and avoiding posting until I finished catching up, bc sleepy and not feeling chatty tbh. but this one stuck out enough to need to reply in the moment.
This one? This is what it was? Of all the posts you latched on to this? I mean I quoted the point I liked from iaafr and it was about Mac. And then he challenged me to a duel and I liked that too. So not all of the meaningful posts/interactions are about 112.

I’m not generally one for individual post construction, but it’s ... interesting ... (someone kill me) that the first half has no punctuation and the latter half does. That shows different curator styles, or that both parts were written separately, or its a player thing I don’t understand because I’ve never played with spiny creature before. Slight lean scum though for the first possibility: in a normal world town would never make such a mentality shift from one half to another, but there are conceivable reasons. The second and third possibilities are NAI.

I did not see this as the stupidest argument ever. And I think saying you don't have a play style is off. Maybe you could explain that a little and I would feel better about it:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:07 pm
Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:49 am
Spiny Creature wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:14 am

no mention of 112?

No who’s 112
how do you have a strong favorite read of iaafr but "who dat" 112 when all of iaafr's meaningful posts/interactions were with 112 lol this read fake

I've been reading and avoiding posting until I finished catching up, bc sleepy and not feeling chatty tbh. but this one stuck out enough to need to reply in the moment.
Good callout from Spiny, TSP has been weird overall and I haven't been sure wether it was playstyle - but this feels like a smoking gun to me. TSP scum.
Okay first off I have no playstyle and second off literally I don’t know 112 I did not get a read on them that’s it this is the stupidest argument I have ever heard in... well a long time
if someone can define my playstyle I’d like to hear it, I just think I don’t play consistently in any manner as town or scum

As someone else pointed out, Jack I think, this was a good post up to the very last line. With the last line included I don't like it.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:56 pm
Pawn Lelouch wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:50 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:47 pm
Evenstar wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:45 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:34 pm

Right here. :P

(via Google translate) "Pawn has more heat, so let me give my scum partner, who I'm townreading, a chance to be towny by talking about Eva right now."
[VOTE: Hyena] aubergine

This spiny case is bullshit and I don't see what you're doing otherwise. Also you dropped off the Epi vote super fast as soon as it started to gain traction.

That ain't a hyena, it's a wolf.
No u
Sorry mate, you've been pinned. :v

And yeah, if you are scum then Epi is a major source to look at tomorrow. Eva raises a good point on wagon momentum.
Super don’t like this on principle for half a dozen reasons but I think the data would show that town tries to set up lynch chains like this more than scum does. I cannot tell you how many times I build a case off something like this and it’s complete garbage because WIFOM scum knows better than to put themselves in that trap. However when combined with the “Eva raises a good point” thing I’m still inclined to call it a very scummy post.

In all fairness I also want to include your response to Pawn's objection:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:49 pm
Pawn Lelouch wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:05 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:56 pm
Pawn Lelouch wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:50 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:47 pm

No u
Sorry mate, you've been pinned. :v

And yeah, if you are scum then Epi is a major source to look at tomorrow. Eva raises a good point on wagon momentum.
Super don’t like this on principle for half a dozen reasons but I think the data would show that town tries to set up lynch chains like this more than scum does. I cannot tell you how many times I build a case off something like this and it’s complete garbage because WIFOM scum knows better than to put themselves in that trap. However when combined with the “Eva raises a good point” thing I’m still inclined to call it a very scummy post.
Okay, jokes aside for one moment. :v is generally meant to be a joking manner or tone, so when I was saying Hyena is pinned it was meant to be a joke.

However, I already independently scum read Hyena at this point considering my vote on him. So while while it is a joke, there is undertones of my belief scattered through it.

And on the lynch train idea? Hell no, I don't ever finalize lynches a day beforehand. Actually auoting out lynches is how town loses games.

That was me pointing out a conditional associative based on something that another player pointed out, that once I saw, I agreed with.

1) jokes aside is bad Town don’t put aside jokes and act calm
2) nothing wrong with first sentence or suspicion on Hyena though I guess what I was calling into question was not made clear
3) yes duh on lynch train but the suggestion was there. Town has no reason to make a suggestion they don’t believe (well I mean they do but not in this case), scum wants to at least check the grounds for priming an Epi lynch is my thinking.
4) sure I guess it’s fine I just don’t like the phrasing but for players I’m unfamiliar with again I’m not going to die on a phrasing case

I'm going to stop there and discuss his suspicion of me.

Here is his original statement of suspicion of me:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:55 pm @the post I’m responding to from Juliets

I think I’ve only ever played with scum Juliets that post looks and sounds like that in that game. I’d Lynch but that’s not a strong meta argument.

So he's played with me once and admits he doesn't have a strong argument.

Then:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:11 am okay guys no more of uhh whatever this is until we figure out who’s trying to do the bad thing

I don’t know what that is cause I haven’t seen inception in a long time but something with brains and dreams

My first candidate is Juliets. Yes / no fight
So now he's ready to fight for me being scum, even though he doesn't have a strong argument.

thats right no one took me up on it

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:15 pm [VOTE: Juliets] aubergine
No new reason, just coasting on my one scum read from the players I’m almost familiar with
And now he votes me saying I'm his one scum read from the players he's almost familiar with.

I didn't see any attempt to examine my posts or reads or progress his read on me - he even says he's coasting. This is something scum do, using weak reasoning and riding that reasoning. Now he has since changed his vote so I have to give him some credit for that, but his reasons for voting Pawn also seem weak.

Looking at it all together I can see a scum read at this point. There may be some things I left out as I didn't want to make this any longer. Maybe someone else could take a look.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Yeah, I don’t remember Eva looking anything but manic bouncy ball in WC1. That’s not why I suspected her but she was never what I’d call frustrated.

Idk. Sample size of 1. I’ll see how the other cases look.
Texas Cloverleaf

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:42 am
That’s a way to get it done. I appreciate a gut tow read on 112.

2 more, none of those players allowed, both players have to be scummyish.

Easy one: Nutella/Eva are almost never w/w

You can’t use that one
Creature / Nutella I suppose? Don't have strong inclinations on p much the rest of the playerbase yet, everyone I have an early tell on is someone I've played with before
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

Texas Cloverleaf wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:59 am
The response is disappointing regardless of alignment but thems the breaks of starting 40 pages in the hole
Aren't you caught up now though?
Texas Cloverleaf

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:00 pm Yeah, I don’t remember Eva looking anything but manic bouncy ball in WC1. That’s not why I suspected her but she was never what I’d call frustrated.

Definitely recall some frustration around d3 time once people starting carroting on to her and stopped buying into the conspiracies
Texas Cloverleaf

Benson wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:01 pm
Texas Cloverleaf wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:59 am
Aren't you caught up now though?
lol
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Benson wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:46 am I have to admit: TSPs nonchalant and unconcerned approach to the scumreads/votes against him look good and make me feel less confident.
Yes Benson I agree. I need to move my vote but I don't know where at the moment.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Texas Cloverleaf wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:02 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:00 pm Yeah, I don’t remember Eva looking anything but manic bouncy ball in WC1. That’s not why I suspected her but she was never what I’d call frustrated.

Definitely recall some frustration around d3 time once people starting carroting on to her and stopped buying into the conspiracies
Noted.
Texas Cloverleaf

[mention]juliets [/mention] people seem to think you're more likely town, who's your top two suspects if I were to take a look at someone specifically
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

I probably had some part in starting the 112 wagon but I'm not even sure if I want to lynch them D1 here. I can't do that to my best pal.
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

Is Drago the type to start slanking when he's wolf and getting called out? Because he's been gone a long time after a fairly active start.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Texas Cloverleaf wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:04 pm @juliets people seem to think you're more likely town, who's your top two suspects if I were to take a look at someone specifically
I just dropped my suspicion of Tony so that's no longer in play.

I am concerned about novaselinever and Rej at this point but there is not much to go on. I'm also concerned about Nanook but that may also be because he hasn't had a lot to say from what I remember. I don't understand why he (or Eva) followed LLD's vote. LLD led him astray from what I remember in the champs finale and this reminds me of that. I will take a look at him shortly.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

juliets wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:15 pm
Texas Cloverleaf wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:04 pm @juliets people seem to think you're more likely town, who's your top two suspects if I were to take a look at someone specifically

I am concerned about novaselinever and Rej at this point but there is not much to go on. I'm also concerned about Nanook but that may also be because he hasn't had a lot to say from what I remember. I don't understand why he (or Eva) followed LLD's vote. LLD led him astray from what I remember in the champs finale and this reminds me of that. I will take a look at him shortly.
[mention]Texas Cloverleaf[/mention] I also need to take another look at 112. Nova and Rej have no voters and Nanook just has one.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Texas Cloverleaf

Rej: I like this post of theirs, reads to me like they're looking for Michelle's motivation, don't see anything that would suggest it's agenda driven. Self-aware in 1274 but really interesting in that he calls out Evenstar for the same thing I'm voting her for. Convo towards Michele reads naturally.

Early look at rej looks good for him I think
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

Wait, why did you completely drop the suspicion? I mean, his responses were okay, but it didn't seem like anything that should completely rectify his wolfy thread presence.

Wrt Nanook: I'm concerned about his over-emphasis that he isn't going to "play" early on because of the high player count. He keeps restating that fact; all the while he's in the thread and interacting ALL the time anyways, so it isn't even accurate.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 893

Post by nutella »

[mention]Long Con[/mention] Mac can be aware that Epi has won many scum games without having played those games. The hall of fame exists.

[mention]Elephant[/mention] to answer what you tagged me in-- Epi does often do weird things to generate reactions as town. He seems so confident in his hyena read that I thought the linguistic tic thing was real, but it's possible I'm missing something.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Texas Cloverleaf

Nova: Apparently doesn't exist. Don't like the tone of their "reads" and gif reaction but not enough to go on

Nanook: iso is...remarkably empty. Mostly consists of kibitzing and throwaway comments. The occasional flash read. Almost no analysis. I can sometimes see parts where I think I can see a train of solving logic but a lot of this reads like coasting. No clear alignment markers but an excellent place to push on

[VOTE: Nanookthegreatandfearsome] aubergine

[Mention]Nanookthegreatandfearsome[/mention] pick three people who are scum and explain why in no fewer than three sentences
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

Texas Cloverleaf wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:37 am

Texas Cloverleaf.jpg

I found it mildly interesting, but I'll let you be the judge.
Elephant wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:54 am
Texas Cloverleaf wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:44 am

theyre all scum

I have never interacted with Nanook??
Texas Cloverleaf wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:27 am MacDougall town, we get to mindmeld again wheee
Could iaafr have gotten this mixed up? Which side was MacDougall on at the time of your vote? I remember that MacDougall was working against Evenstar for a while, which would make your vote appear consistent.

I had googled "Texas Cloverleaf" because your MU profile avatar was too small for me to use. But I did some research.
Texas Ayreon.jpg
Texas Ayreon.jpg (10.04 KiB) Viewed 1077 times
I am the Elephant.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Benson wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:27 pm

Wait, why did you completely drop the suspicion? I mean, his responses were okay, but it didn't seem like anything that should completely rectify his wolfy thread presence.

Wrt Nanook: I'm concerned about his over-emphasis that he isn't going to "play" early on because of the high player count. He keeps restating that fact; all the while he's in the thread and interacting ALL the time anyways, so it isn't even accurate.
Benson I just did a long post about Tony's responses to my accusations. The things I pointed out he had a good response for, most of them were things he pointed out were jokes and as I looked at them again I could see that they probably were. Maybe there are other reasons I should consider him that weren't in my ISO that others brought out. Why do you see him as wolfy?

Also, I need to go to my appointment in a few minutes and I won't be back until around 4:00 ugh, two hours from EOD. I dread it.

Also also, I just read through 112 again and I don't see me voting for her day 1. I will try to look at Nanook in the next few minutes.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Inception: Adrift in Limbo”