79%

Total votes: 19
vanity.
The Mark
Posts in topic: 427
Preferred Pronouns: they/them or she/her

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 2]

Post by vanity. »

i think i was just amped up by the separation mechanics and might've been on edge because of the game i was playing at that time. also was tired from work lol
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 544
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

boo wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:07 pm @Hyena, what's your read on TLib?
I still don't want to lynch him. In fact, I was going to suggest that I'd rather see tied wagons between DFar and someone else before Benson switched his vote.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1019
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

So Elephant and Faraday did not vote for Drago. Was there someone else?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

does this wagon formation always lynch a wolf?
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:10 pm
boo wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:07 pm @Hyena, what's your read on TLib?
I still don't want to lynch him. In fact, I was going to suggest that I'd rather see tied wagons between DFar and someone else before Benson switched his vote.
And, like, I get the case on TLib. I'm trying not to be dismissive of it, since I thought it was a good case from Long Con? But I have reasons to believe TLib is town, and I'd regret it if I allowed him to be lynched and he flipped town.
Benson
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his

Post by Benson »

boo wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:07 pm Hyena, what's your read on TLib?
I may be moving back. He seems soooo frozen today, especially when he's been given some breathing room.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

juliets wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:11 pm So Elephant and Faraday did not vote for Drago. Was there someone else?
people that did not vote drago in our group:
elephant
faraday
boo
creature
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

juliets wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:11 pm So Elephant and Faraday did not vote for Drago. Was there someone else?
I did not.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

[mention]boo[/mention] What's your read on Elephant?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Hyena wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:12 pm
And, like, I get the case on TLib. I'm trying not to be dismissive of it, since I thought it was a good case from Long Con? But I have reasons to believe TLib is town, and I'd regret it if I allowed him to be lynched and he flipped town.
yes, you did say that I remember.

Changing my vote off of him then once I decide onto who.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

boo wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:12 pm
I did not.
yeah but I consider your reason acceptable. Creature did not either but I still read him town.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

i'm conflicted between wanting to veto tlib votes and not

tlib's just a hard person to read in general i think
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 518

Post by Elephant »

vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:39 pm we need to turn this game around

elephant has no credibility in the village. them trying to make a case on me and push on me is asinine.
The level of politeness you're displaying is disappointing. I would have preferred to engage you directly, since you announced you'd be back, but you weren't. Being transparent about your times is towny, but looking as if you are transparent about your times and then not showing up is not. And you say you don't like playing twoi games at once, I don't think anyone forced you to sign up for two games at once?
We talked about how wolfy it is that Evenstar shows up 15 minutes to EoD and puts her vote on 112. I think it is wolfy that you renege on your commitment, but show up as soon as there are votes on you. You're unapologetic, as if it wasn't your choice to prefer playing that other game over this one. I'm not a fan of that.
I am the Elephant.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

boo wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:12 pm
I did not.
To be fair, Boo had entered the game, like, 30 minutes before EoD, so I don't find the lack of a Drago vote from him to be scummy. In fact, I'd be surprised that anyone would suspect Boo for that over suspecting me for trying to guide his vote on to someone.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

Elephant wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:15 pm

elephant has no credibility in the village. them trying to make a case on me and push on me is asinine.
The level of politeness you're displaying is disappointing. I would have preferred to engage you directly, since you announced you'd be back, but you weren't. Being transparent about your times is towny, but looking as if you are transparent about your times and then not showing up is not. And you say you don't like playing twoi games at once, I don't think anyone forced you to sign up for two games at once?
We talked about how wolfy it is that Evenstar shows up 15 minutes to EoD and puts her vote on 112. I think it is wolfy that you renege on your commitment, but show up as soon as there are votes on you. You're unapologetic, as if it wasn't your choice to prefer playing that other game over this one. I'm not a fan of that.
i guess it wasn't a choice but i'm not very good at balancing 2 games at the same time. especially not with a mash.

the rudeness was unbecoming though
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:48 pm i need to tone down the aggression. i'm sorry, that was uncharacteristic of me
"i'm sorry my aggression makes me look bad." Is that your only thought?
I am the Elephant.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Benson wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:12 pm
I may be moving back. He seems soooo frozen today, especially when he's been given some breathing room.
That's a fair point.
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

Elephant wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:18 pm
vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:48 pm i need to tone down the aggression. i'm sorry, that was uncharacteristic of me
That's kind of a misrepresentation tbh
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:15 pm i'm conflicted between wanting to veto tlib votes and not

I don't know him at all. Does he behave this way in all the games he plays? I'm considering moving to Faraday.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:17 pm

i guess it wasn't a choice but i'm not very good at balancing 2 games at the same time. especially not with a mash.

How was playing two games at once "not a choice"?
I am the Elephant.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

wtf no???

regardless of my alignment i don't want other people to suffer as result of me. if i did, that would me being a shitty human being.

stop contorting stuff dude
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

juliets wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:19 pm
vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:15 pm i'm conflicted between wanting to veto tlib votes and not

I don't know him at all. Does he behave this way in all the games he plays? I'm considering moving to Faraday.
I did a very cursory read through some of TLib's MU games. He certainly seems capable of being a productive and helpful villager.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

Benson wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:19 pm
He does not say "I am sorry I left you alone". He says "I am sorry I don't look like I normally do". At least, that is how I understand it. He does not address any of us.
I am the Elephant.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

Elephant wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:19 pm
vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:17 pm

How was playing two games at once "not a choice"?
i was asked by a good friend if i wanted to sub in and i was interested in the game anyways so i accepted, knowing i might struggle handling both games at the same time. if that sounds bad to you, then so be it.
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

Elephant wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:21 pm
He does not say "I am sorry I left you alone". He says "I am sorry I don't look like I normally do". At least, that is how I understand it. He does not address any of us.
Idk, usually when I lose my temper I afterwards regret it and want people to know that's not who I am.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Hyena wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:19 pm
That's a fair point.
When you guys say "frozen" are you thinking they are a wolf in wolf chat or even a wolf that just can't decide where the safe place is to go? (frozen=wolfy? in other words)

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

My problem with vanity flaking is not that it makes him look "uncharacteristic". If he apologizes for that, I don't care.
I am the Elephant.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

Elephant wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:23 pm
My problem with vanity flaking is not that it makes him look "uncharacteristic". If he apologizes for that, I don't care.
then why aren't you explaining your problem with it? what's the point of hiding it?
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

juliets wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:22 pm
That's a fair point.
When you guys say "frozen" are you thinking they are a wolf in wolf chat or even a wolf that just can't decide where the safe place is to go? (frozen=wolfy? in other words)
I say frozen meaning he's reading the thread but doesn't know what to say, or he's scared to engage.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I read him as genuinely sorry he was a factor in my melting down if that makes any difference.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok ok the issue is vanity flaking so him being genuine for me is not relevant.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

juliets' interactions with me are either super villagery or super pocketing. there's no middleground. i'll figure it out tomorrow if i have to.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Benson wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:24 pm
That's a fair point.
I say frozen meaning he's reading the thread but doesn't know what to say, or he's scared to engage.
And to me that is more characteristic of scum. I wish he would speak up.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

That's a fair point.
Okay, so, being frozen doesn't ALWAYS mean someone's a wolf, but in this case, yeah, that's kinda what we mean, especially the latter thing.
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

Elephant wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:23 pm
Sorry, I'm still a bit confused about what you're implying. Can you re-phrase?
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Hyena wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:14 pm @boo What's your read on Elephant?
I don't have one I'm satisfied with. I've gone back and forth a few times on a civ read/mafia read on him, but have mostly just had him as a ? which, at the moment, is where I'm at with him
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

yeah being frozen and not sure what to say is more indicative of wolf play generally.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Creature »

Hey, I'm interested in trying new wagons, even those I originally had a townread on
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Oh fuck, the deadline is today
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:53 pm
boo wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:48 pm Huh, well vanity seems to have gone full rage-mode over having votes which is reading way more cornered baddie than upset civ to me. I didn't find the cases compelling enough to consider a vote for him, but now I'm kind of inclined to.
lol.

i wouldn''t be upset at all if i wasn't actually being villagery. i've had a villagery game so far and plenty of people have noticed. it's just unfortunate that there's no one like that in this group.

also me raging like that is probably in both of my ranges but i think i would have more courtesy as a wolf overall
Your anger is uncharacteristic, but makes you towny. Way to double down on that. Wolves we both know go by "anger is towny". I didn't even push you over being away, it was a point in a list. Your self-conscious is showing.
I am the Elephant.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I'm gonna try to not be useless
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:26 pm juliets' interactions with me are either super villagery or super pocketing. there's no middleground. i'll figure it out tomorrow if i have to.
She's one of the better pocketers, so good luck figuring that one out.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

Creature wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:28 pm Hey, I'm interested in trying new wagons, even those I originally had a townread on
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

Elephant wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:28 pm
boo wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:48 pm Huh, well vanity seems to have gone full rage-mode over having votes which is reading way more cornered baddie than upset civ to me. I didn't find the cases compelling enough to consider a vote for him, but now I'm kind of inclined to.
lol.

i wouldn''t be upset at all if i wasn't actually being villagery. i've had a villagery game so far and plenty of people have noticed. it's just unfortunate that there's no one like that in this group.

also me raging like that is probably in both of my ranges but i think i would have more courtesy as a wolf overall
Your anger is uncharacteristic, but makes you towny. Way to double down on that. Wolves we both know go by "anger is towny". I didn't even push you over being away, it was a point in a list. Your self-conscious is showing.
okay so i didn't read the whole quote wall you made

what are you actually pushing me for?
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

Elephant wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:28 pm
lol.

If there's one part of your case I agree with it's that vanity does seem very self-conscious. But I'm not sure if that's just his thing.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

boo wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:00 pm
Creature wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:28 pm
Benson wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:58 pm Has anyone (mainly Nutella & Creature) fully substantiated what you don't like with Spiny. I struggle to find anything bad.
That requires me to go to the OP, select Spiny's ISO and scroll her entire ISO looking for the ideal post that would represent how I feel about her entire ISO.
God forbid people think you're in the game because you actually want to play?
k, I'm gonna ignore Spiny

Why should I townread you (disregarding Spiny)?
Creature
Made Man

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 1]

Post by Creature »

boo wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:06 pm Hey everyone, I haven't had time to get remotely caught up yet, so just going with [VOTE: no lynch] aubergine for today. Will get caught up this evening and write some thoughts up tomorrow some time hopefully.
Why did you vote nolynch here?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

boo wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:00 pm
Creature wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:28 pm
Benson wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:58 pm Has anyone (mainly Nutella & Creature) fully substantiated what you don't like with Spiny. I struggle to find anything bad.
That requires me to go to the OP, select Spiny's ISO and scroll her entire ISO looking for the ideal post that would represent how I feel about her entire ISO.
God forbid people think you're in the game because you actually want to play?
I remember seeing this post just now and I thought boo would have more posts before my latest post :/
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

juliets wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:51 am I just finished vanity's iso and I didn't read anything that screams "town" at me like I thought I remembered. One thing I didn't like was when she (she is a she right?) used some vague words like "stiff" and "conservative" to define me, offered to bring up some posts to someone as examples, but then when I asked for examples she wouldn't do it. I'm not calling her scum but my lean on her is more "slightly town" than definitively town.
Could at least push her rather than just shade?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

lmao it's not even a she

Return to “Inception: Adrift in Limbo”