Host/non/dead option
79%

Total votes: 19
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 491

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 2]

Post by Creature »

nutella wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:10 am Gonna move to [VOTE: vanity] aubergine for some pressure. Where you been dude? Kinda seems like you're coasting
That's not pressure...
vanity.
The Mark
Posts in topic: 427
Preferred Pronouns: they/them or she/her

Post by vanity. »

vanity as a word has girly connotations

i learned to hate this username i chose decently quickly
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 544
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

[VOTE: Unvote] aubergine
Time for fun again I think.
Creature
Made Man

Re: I am the Elephant.

Post by Creature »

Elephant wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:02 pm vanity just finished an 8000 posts per 3 days mafia on MU, and so did Creature, TrustworthyLiberal, Michelle, Evenstar, Jackofhearts2005, and iaafr. I expect this explains vanity's absence today.
Yeah, and mine
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 893
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Creature wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:35 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:10 am Gonna move to [VOTE: vanity] aubergine for some pressure. Where you been dude? Kinda seems like you're coasting
That's not pressure...
huh?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Finished page 81

Let me guess: the vanity wagon just died
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

Hyena wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:35 pm [VOTE: Unvote] aubergine
Time for fun again I think.
sounds like villa hyenan to me :D
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

gotta take a ~20 minutes pause

hopefully I don't miss the deadline again
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1019
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Creature wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:34 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:51 am I just finished vanity's iso and I didn't read anything that screams "town" at me like I thought I remembered. One thing I didn't like was when she (she is a she right?) used some vague words like "stiff" and "conservative" to define me, offered to bring up some posts to someone as examples, but then when I asked for examples she wouldn't do it. I'm not calling her scum but my lean on her is more "slightly town" than definitively town.
Could at least push her rather than just shade?
You've kinda missed the whole thing where I agreed with some of elephants thoughts about vanity being bad, voted him, had him rage at me (or thats the way I interpreted it), I melted down, he apologized and made some good points and I moved off my vote of him. So there's been a whole thing since I posted that.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 518

Re: I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:16 pm
Elephant wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:34 am I changed to the computer to do a proper multi-quote ISO. The takeaway:
- Vanity tunnels Juliets from the star, never re-evaluates
- vanity is quite self-conscious on how towny he's being
- vanity thinks Benson subtly shading him as a wolf, @Benson denies
- vanity stalls any initiative to introduce structured conversation
- vanity votes players pushing her: he votes me for suggesting that he could have engaged Jack instead of observing that no group talk was happeneing, and votes Michelle for pushing him over that unmotivated vote
- vanity's reads have very obvious strong player bias
- vanity attempts an in-thread ISO of Michelle
- vanity announces intent to "kill Drago" at -1:45, his reason on the actual vote is "don't want epi lynched"
- vanity establishes a D2 pool of suspects along his old, biased reads
- vanity skips a day
- Subjectively, vanity does not feel like the town!vanity from wildcards 1.

Actually, that's more than I remembered seeing. I'm less happy with this ISo than I am with Trustworthy Liberal's, because I can understand Trusrtworthy Liberal, but I do not understand this.
okay so i'm not going to address the quote wall that they concocted because it bores me.

again, i never reevaluate juliets? why is that wolfy? has juliets been villagery to you> if so, why? juliets game to me screams of caution. nothing she has done in my opinion is really sticking her neck out for the village at all. she has some decent content, but she reminds me of like... kristoph gavin, from the ace attorney series. so careful, so cautious, so meticulous. it gives me the heebie-jeebies.

i've addressed this, but i'm self-conscious as a villager. i even was in wc1, i'm pretty sure! i'm aware of villagery things to do as a villager, and so i do those villagery things to get townread. it's that simple. i'm actually more cautious of a villager, than as a wolf! but you can believe that if you'd like.

i don't understand the point you're making regarding benson. i thought i've been vocal about thinking benson was villagery at a certain point. he doesn't trust me, and that's fine. he's still a villager most likely.

OMGUS'ING IS LITERALLY BOTH MY WOLF GAME AND MY VILLAGER GAME, EVEN MORE SO MY VILLAGER GAME. let me bring you back to wc1. the first person i had a really strong wolf read on, was ccc. i proceeded to lead the village on ccc because i was that convinced he was a wolf. and reminder, ccc wasn't shy about their wolfread on myself as well! of course, he was town, but c'mon. this is not a point against me. at all.

okay, next point. my reads have a strong player bias? let me clue you in on something. a lot of the players in this game, are strong players. this is an invitational for crying out loud! if a lot of my reads are centered around stronger players, it's because a good bulk of the players in this game, are strong players. c'mon.

my in thread iso of michelle means nothing towards my alignment. moving on.

i will concede that my reasoning for pushing drago was more so because i didn't want epi to be lynched d1. but where's the problem in this? i'm a powerwolfer. just gonna tell you upfront. i would NOT want drago lynched d1, especially not when he's the godfather! what the fuck am i doing there if i'm a wolf? oh, and i don't like bussing. not to the extent that i would never do, but you should never assume i'm bussing in any scenario.

"old, biased reads." c'mon dude. i was just coming in at the beginning of the day. and, not all of my reads where biased! if i remember, i was v reading nutella and benson at the start. in this group, they were my most confident villagers. and if you remember, hyena was another villager read of mine. so if my reads are truly biased, why didn't i townread hyena at the beginning of the day? this attack doesn't work.

again, I SKIPPED A DAY BECAUSE I FORGOT ABOUT THE GAME AND WAS BUSY WITH ANOTHER. and i was exhausted for most of that day as well. bite me.

and above all else, this game is not me during champs. i don't have a ton of time nowadays. i work in retail, specifically docking and stocking. it's taxing. it's backbreaking. most days i wanna just nap after doing my job. and on top of that, i'm weak! i'm not a very strong person physically! i don't mind it, but it's not ideal. i had all the free time in the world during champs to post and be villagery and push my reads. i don't have that same time now. i admit that you don't have that context, but again, if i'm in the thread, i'm posting. i wasn't in the thread because i forgot about the game, occupied by another. and i don't do well playing 2 games at the same time.
You were so self-conscious, you saw benson wolf-reading you when he wasn't.
You don't understand about the bias, it is in your quote wall. You missed two days of discussion, we talked about this. Your counter-argument "my reads center around strong players" fails because of that, because my point is that you zero-to town ALL of them except 112, and have the low-hanging fruit in your scum reads. Which was my original point at the start of day that earned you my vote, before you disappeared.
Thread iso is anti-town, I'll not budge on that.
And you ignored Mac's initiative to make D1 more manageable.

"i will concede that my reasoning for pushing drago was more so because i didn't want epi to be lynched d1" -- And you'd be incorrect, because you wrote "let's kill drago" before Epi was a serious wagon--or am I mistaken?
I am the Elephant.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 46
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Creature wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:30 pm
boo wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:00 pm
Creature wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:28 pm
Benson wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:58 pm Has anyone (mainly Nutella & Creature) fully substantiated what you don't like with Spiny. I struggle to find anything bad.
That requires me to go to the OP, select Spiny's ISO and scroll her entire ISO looking for the ideal post that would represent how I feel about her entire ISO.
God forbid people think you're in the game because you actually want to play?
k, I'm gonna ignore Spiny

Why should I townread you (disregarding Spiny)?
:shrug: I don't believe in townreads. Letting yourself assume someone is good without actually entirely knowing it for a fact is for people comfortable with having blindspots. I suspect everyone. Just not equally.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Creature wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:36 pm gotta take a ~20 minutes pause

If you do miss it, I will make it my personal mission to lynch you D3 if we're both alive.
Benson
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his

Post by Benson »

Creature wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:36 pm Finished page 81

Let me guess: the vanity wagon just died
Can you consolidate you catch up posts a tad? It kind of distracts from the RT interactions, tbf.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

drago was someone i was okay with killing, yes. if i thought drago was villagery i wouldn't have voted them. they weren't more villagery than epi in my eyes
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

So, I went away, I announced I went away, and when I come back, suddenly I have two votes. What for? Why could you not talk to me while I was here?
I am the Elephant.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

[VOTE: TLib] aubergine for the moment then.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Creature wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:36 pm gotta take a ~20 minutes pause

It's in 20 minutes lol
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

Elephant wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:39 pm So, I went away, I announced I went away, and when I come back, suddenly I have two votes. What for? Why could you not talk to me while I was here?
so i went away, and when i came back, suddenly i had 3 votes. what for? why could you not talk to me while i was here?

:p
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

also i'm pretty sure i was townreading almost everyone at some point during d1, remember making a post like that

i was struggling to find wolves because most people were appearing villagery to me. so in that case it's more of a townreading too many people rather than townreading specifically strong players
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

boo wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:39 pm [VOTE: TLib] aubergine for the moment then.
Hmm. I've decided that I'm not okay with this.
[VOTE: DFar] aubergine
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Actually, you know what? Just for that vote?
[VOTE: Boo] aubergine
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

also what about mac's d1 thing? i tried showing up for the discussions or whatever they are and other people that weren't in my group weren't posting

and since i believe i was playing the mash at the time i just peaced
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:43 pm also what about mac's d1 thing? i tried showing up for the discussions or whatever they are and other people that weren't in my group weren't posting

i meant other people that weren't in my group WERE posting, mb
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:40 pm
Elephant wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:39 pm So, I went away, I announced I went away, and when I come back, suddenly I have two votes. What for? Why could you not talk to me while I was here?
so i went away, and when i came back, suddenly i had 3 votes. what for? why could you not talk to me while i was here?

:p
Because you weren't here for 36+ hours.
I am the Elephant.
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

I assumed we'd talk when you got back? I still suspect your case against Vanity is a powerwolf attempt to mislynch a villager. Not that your case is bad, I just don't think it's substantial enough to think Vanity is the best choice here, given his involvement in lynching Drago.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:42 pm also i'm pretty sure i was townreading almost everyone at some point during d1, remember making a post like that

i was struggling to find wolves because most people were appearing villagery to me. so in that case it's more of a townreading too many people rather than townreading specifically strong players
You posted a reads list. It is in the quote wall you were too lazy to read.
I am the Elephant.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:43 pm also what about mac's d1 thing? i tried showing up for the discussions or whatever they are and other people that weren't in my group weren't posting

either i was playing the mash or the game was just honestly boring me because of how long the phases were lol
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]Elephant[/mention] explain to me why on Earth vanity's iso of Michelle was anti-town, I don't understand that take at all. Also, I think the non-participation in mac's group exercise is more town indicative than scum (scum would be happy to have a specific assignment to make it easier to look productive in thread whereas town want more freedom to express thoughts on whomever)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Hyena wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:43 pm Actually, you know what? Just for that vote?
[VOTE: Boo] aubergine
:charlieblackmon:
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

You didn't talk to Jack who was posting when you showed up, and when I pointed that out to you, you OMGUS voted me.
I am the Elephant.
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

Update on TLib:
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

Benson wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:44 pm
I assumed we'd talk when you got back? I still suspect your case against Vanity is a powerwolf attempt to mislynch a villager. Not that your case is bad, I just don't think it's substantial enough to think Vanity is the best choice here, given his involvement in lynching Drago.
As vanity says, I have no credibility. I do not deceive myself into thinking vanity will be lynched today, bias being what it is. But it's enough for them to be lynched eventually, if I am correct here.
I am the Elephant.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

Elephant wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:45 pm

You didn't talk to Jack who was posting when you showed up, and when I pointed that out to you, you OMGUS voted me.
i uh. am not going to investigate this too hard but my gut says that i can represent those 2 different events like this:

Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

[mention]Trustworthy Liberal[/mention]. If you don't post in the next five minutes, I'm going to consider voting for you
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

[mention]juliets[/mention] pretend you have full control: who do you want to lynch?
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

elephant's stubbornness on this case is sorta villagery i suppose.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm moving back to Faraday for the moment.

[VOTE: DFaraday] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

[VOTE: Trustworthy Liberal] aubergine
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

why did the dfaraday wagon completely die?
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

juliets wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:49 pm I'm moving back to Faraday for the moment.

[VOTE: DFaraday] aubergine
[VOTE: dfaraday] aubergine
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

The only thing concerning about TLib is the wagon itself.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

let it rand
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:49 pm why did the dfaraday wagon completely die?
I don't know, I just moved back. I would rather land on someone who didn't vote Drago.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

[VOTE: DF] aubergine
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

nutella wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:45 pm @Elephant explain to me why on Earth vanity's iso of Michelle was anti-town, I don't understand that take at all. Also, I think the non-participation in mac's group exercise is more town indicative than scum (scum would be happy to have a specific assignment to make it easier to look productive in thread whereas town want more freedom to express thoughts on whomever)
a) The thread was blowing up with 30 people as it is. Posting a piecewise ISO into the chaos is not helpful.
b) Posting a piecewise ISO does not make a good case that other players can read and be convinced. It makes the player who posts it look busy and towny, and it's less obvious if his thoughts don't really hang together to make a complete read.
c) In my limited experience as a mafia player, I have seen it only once, done by a wolf, who wanted to avoid doing a proper ISO.

Mac's exercise was designed to make the 30-player game more manageable, and vanity actively thwarted it by introdusing the notion that dates should be set for this activity, and then by using the groups to play "how many wolves in this group" which is just busywork looking towny that does not help solving.
I am the Elephant.
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Trustworthy Liberal »

Sorry zoned out in a civ 5 game forgot this was open in the background.

currently would be voting boo for self pres but would prefore the DFaraday lynch in comparison
Icon by: AgnesAr on DevientArt
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

Trustworthy Liberal wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:51 pm Sorry zoned out in a civ 5 game forgot this was open in the background.

currently would be voting boo for self pres but would prefore the DFaraday lynch in comparison
being frozen? playing civ 5? same thing i guess.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

Benson wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:47 pm Update on TLib:
Is he frozen, or just playing a mash somewhere else?
I am the Elephant.
Benson
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Benson »

Trustworthy Liberal wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:51 pm Sorry zoned out in a civ 5 game forgot this was open in the background.

I feel like this is untrue. And you know what we do to liars??
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

DF is my preference over you so you're a minute behind :P
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.

Return to “Inception: Adrift in Limbo”