79%

Total votes: 19
vanity.
The Mark
Posts in topic: 427
Preferred Pronouns: they/them or she/her

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 3]

Post by vanity. »

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:28 pm Here's how I see it, juliets: people start to vote vanity, then you made a couple of posts that broadcast a likely vanity vote. You said you were going to "eat and read through vanity again" which sounds good, but you don't give any analysis beyond asking Ty4on about vanity's emotional meta. Ty4on posted a couple of times before your next post and yet you didn't mention it again or @ - mention him or anything. Instead you just hop on the vanity train and point at me. :meany:
iso'd long con, probably a v based on like this post
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

other posts after that one generally feel pure. just gonna assume he's a villager and move on
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 893
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

vanity. wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:28 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:25 pm
vanity. wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:20 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:18 pm
vanity. wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:16 pm for the record wolves almost certainly voted on me while i was away so guess i'm lock clear xd
How many wolves do you think are in this group? Anyone you specifically think may be teamed with elephant?
2-3

so wolves confirm voted for me unless like... i'm a wolf and creature is exactly my partner. but i know that's false given i'm a villager.

anyone specifically paired with elephant... dunno. i haven't gone in his iso looking for spew/partner interactions, and why should i? i don't know his alignment.
I'd like you to consider it at least since you think he is scum, and/or just let me know in general who else is on your shortlist atm.
okay so

i just got here. i've been periodically thinking about the game whenever i haven't been playing and the elephant reading has been marinating. i come into the thread, see i have 7 votes, and am like "okay then. time to do something". not like i was planning to do nothing, i came into the thread after all.

i had no time to consider potential elephant partners. that's not really my style anyone, unless he becomes mechanically outed somehow.

also, thought experiment: there's 11 players in this group. how many wolves would be in a 11 player game normally? i think that should more accurately answer the question of "how many wolves are in here now?" i don't know the answer, but 3 seems like a safe bet.
I get it but don't you have time now? If you think there are three wolves here who are the other two? Surely you have some kind of reads/rankings for the other players here
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

vanity. wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:30 pm creature having a reputation of being mislynched as villager...

x doubt
It's very true on this site and that was brought up a lot on d1 of this game so it's reasonable he may have seen reference to that
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:33 pm
vanity. wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:28 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:25 pm
vanity. wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:20 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:18 pm
vanity. wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:16 pm for the record wolves almost certainly voted on me while i was away so guess i'm lock clear xd
How many wolves do you think are in this group? Anyone you specifically think may be teamed with elephant?
2-3

so wolves confirm voted for me unless like... i'm a wolf and creature is exactly my partner. but i know that's false given i'm a villager.

anyone specifically paired with elephant... dunno. i haven't gone in his iso looking for spew/partner interactions, and why should i? i don't know his alignment.
I'd like you to consider it at least since you think he is scum, and/or just let me know in general who else is on your shortlist atm.
okay so

i just got here. i've been periodically thinking about the game whenever i haven't been playing and the elephant reading has been marinating. i come into the thread, see i have 7 votes, and am like "okay then. time to do something". not like i was planning to do nothing, i came into the thread after all.

i had no time to consider potential elephant partners. that's not really my style anyone, unless he becomes mechanically outed somehow.

also, thought experiment: there's 11 players in this group. how many wolves would be in a 11 player game normally? i think that should more accurately answer the question of "how many wolves are in here now?" i don't know the answer, but 3 seems like a safe bet.
I get it but don't you have time now? If you think there are three wolves here who are the other two? Surely you have some kind of reads/rankings for the other players here
of course i have time now, that's why i'm iso'ing people to try and see if i can get a read of their alignments.

if i had to throw out the 2 other wolves without any other information, ty4on and tlib. but that's not based on a lot of up to date information
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

vanity. wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:33 pm other posts after that one generally feel pure. just gonna assume he's a villager and move on
^ vanity has said this about a couple other players before and it's very towny imo.

Get your votes off him folks.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1019
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

[mention]vanity.[/mention] when you were thinking about Elephant over the last day or so was there anything else besides him flavor claiming that bothered you (aside from his case on you)?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:34 pm
vanity. wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:30 pm creature having a reputation of being mislynched as villager...

x doubt
It's very true on this site and that was brought up a lot on d1 of this game so it's reasonable he may have seen reference to that
creature is infamous for formerly having a meta of posting a ton as town, to the point where he's irreconcilably lock clear, and being completely frozen and unable to post as a wolf, at least on mu at the very least. this meta has been broken, but i guess some of residue of that former meta is why what ty4on brings up doesn't match to me.

also, ty4on doesn't seem to be a regularly on the syndicate? so how would he even here about it here? was it brung up somewhere else in the game? him even thinking that seems extremely odd to me
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm going to change my vote to Ty4on for the time being.

[VOTE: Ty4on] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Creature »

Oh no, I know where will it lead...
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

juliets wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:37 pm @vanity. when you were thinking about Elephant over the last day or so was there anything else besides him flavor claiming that bothered you (aside from his case on you)?
other than his case on me being inaccurate and extremely reach-y, no not really. i thought elephant was even villagery on d1!
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I admit I use the "I'm mislynched a lot in this site" excuse to make others not mislynch me again
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

So can we please not perpetuate this reputation of mine?
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:30 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:18 pm So where I’m at right now is—

Vanity is >rand scum

Elephant/hyena/TL/Long Con likely not scum with him.

Hyena and Nutella independently townie

Elephant slightly townie, unlikely partners with juliets imo

IF there’s a busser on vanity, likely LC imo, largely through POE (elephant/vanity not likely W/W from people I’m deciding to trust, don’t think hyena busses this situation, sane fr TL but that’s a weaker read). However that’s not something I’d consider until considerably later in the game.

Think that’s essentially where I stand with the vanity kill.
Yooouuuu think I am a bussin' type of dude? Do I, like, give off that vibe or something? :grin: :dark: That Long Con, he just feels like the backstabbin' type. :haha:
can long con make a post like this as a wolf? seems extremely genuine to me.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

juliets wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:39 pm I'm going to change my vote to Ty4on for the time being.

I'd rather find scum among the original 11
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

Creature wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:40 pm So can we please not perpetuate this reputation of mine?
i understand you don't want to be haunted by your past, but even in the halloween mash you yourself said you were frozen at times in that game. so how inaccurate even is it nowadays?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

vanity. wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:41 pm
Creature wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:40 pm So can we please not perpetuate this reputation of mine?
i understand you don't want to be haunted by your past, but even in the halloween mash you yourself said you were frozen at times in that game. so how inaccurate even is it nowadays?
I think lately I've been equally frozen as town and scum

except that as scum I feel like my solve is more fluid because I don't have constant paranoia or overestimation of players
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

also i have just realized that if what ty4on said is true, i don't get to stop playing the game after being lynched, which sounds extremely lame.

WHY WON'T YOU JUST LET ME DIE WHY WON'T YOU JUST LET ME DIE
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

vanity. wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:38 pm

x doubt
creature is infamous for formerly having a meta of posting a ton as town, to the point where he's irreconcilably lock clear, and being completely frozen and unable to post as a wolf, at least on mu at the very least. this meta has been broken, but i guess some of residue of that former meta is why what ty4on brings up doesn't match to me.

also, ty4on doesn't seem to be a regularly on the syndicate? so how would he even here about it here? was it brung up somewhere else in the game? him even thinking that seems extremely odd to me
It was brought up in this game I literally just said that.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Creature wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:41 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:39 pm I'm going to change my vote to Ty4on for the time being.

I'd rather find scum among the original 11
This isn't necessarily where I will stay.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ty4on
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Ty4on »

x doubt

I read the early parts of the game until I lost access to the thread. Iirc I got Creature’s entrance to the thread with me and some syndicate commentary about dragging him to a town victory.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Original 11 (now 8...):
Creature
Elephant
Hyena
juliets
Long Con?
nutella
Trustworthy Liberal
vanity.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

vanity. wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:43 pm also i have just realized that if what ty4on said is true, i don't get to stop playing the game after being lynched, which sounds extremely lame.

I believe people who die in our level actually die in the game
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:37 pm
vanity. wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:33 pm other posts after that one generally feel pure. just gonna assume he's a villager and move on
^ vanity has said this about a couple other players before and it's very towny imo.

this game? i feel like uhh... 1) that's not particularly villagery from me and 2) i don't even remember calling other players pure.

i don't remember calling you pure. or hyena pure. or benson pure. though this defense is more likely villagery than not. only thing i can think of how it may not be villagery is if nutella knows that the wagon on me won't dissipate and is trying to defend me for cred. which doesn't make that much sense eitiher? nutella doesn't need the cred.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I am town

I think vanity. is mislynch

nutella I'm not considering rn
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Ty4on wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:44 pm

x doubt

I read the early parts of the game until I lost access to the thread. Iirc I got Creature’s entrance to the thread with me and some syndicate commentary about dragging him to a town victory.
It's Jack thinking he carried me to a town victory
Ty4on

Post by Ty4on »

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:45 pm
vanity. wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:43 pm also i have just realized that if what ty4on said is true, i don't get to stop playing the game after being lynched, which sounds extremely lame.

Wouldn’t surprise me if people in that other thread didn’t get my flip otherwise the presumed next person coming from there could just tell everybody my alignment.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 317
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Ok, I'm down with trying an Elephant vote. [VOTE: Elephant] aubergine A sexy tie as well.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

um. what?

Creature
Made Man

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 1]

Post by Creature »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:08 am 112 - Eh. Would lynch. (Great start, right?)

Benson - I have a few gripes I might get to another time. Benson appears genuine to me. Would not lynch.

Creature - I'm about 0-6 with Creature. I'm willing to go 0-7. Would lynch.

DFaraday - DF has one post and it's about someone who isn't even in the fucking game. Would lynch.

Dom - Dom's late showing should in no way exonerate him. However, I have no interest voting him. Would not lynch.

Dragomir - I am bad at getting Dragomir right, but I don't care. Would lynch.

Elephant - Elephant called my willingness to be lynched "reverse psychology." Anybody who knows me right now knows there is nothing reverse about working as much as I do. Elephant does not know me whatsoever, and I cannot judge Elephant for that. What I can do is judge Elephant for keeping his vote on me despite engaging with others. Would lynch, but not Day 1.

Evenstar - Bad Day 1 lynch. I've said as much and I'm sticking with that. There's a methodology here that I can appreciate even if I think it's loony tunes. What's more appreciable is the fluidity in that approach. Would not lynch.

Hyena - I have expressed my grievances. I am willing to table them for the time being. I know I'll regret it, but then I can just blame nutella if I'm right. I'll leave Hyena alone for now. Would not lynch.

iaafr - There's a commentary here that gives me hope that there's a civilian behind it. Would not lynch.

Jackofhearts2005 - While I agree with nutella that dismantling the graphic organizer would be easy for mafia to do, I don't think that's what Jack did. Would not lynch.

juliets - I had my one grievance, but I'm cool dismissing that particular one. juliets is almost always a bad Day 1 lynch. Would not lynch.

Lady Lambdadelta - "Would lynch." - Lexi "Would lynch." - Angel "Would lynch." - Nyx "....." - Mute

Long Con - I like his style this round. LC is throwing fire from his food truck and he doesn't care who gets in the way. I'll have one Civilian Long Con with extra honey mustard please.

MacDougall - Eh. Mac is trying to hard around the new people. He doesn't do this gimmicky shit any other time. I don't know what to make of it. Bad Day 1 lynch regardless. Make him sweat people.

Master Radishes - The commentary so far looks thoughtful and honest. Would not lynch.

Michelle - No reason to trust Michelle, but no reason to suspect Michelle.

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - We had a spat. Nanook did not use the situation to manipulate me. I cannot award civilian credit for that, but I don't have a reason to be suspicious either. Would not lynch.

novaselinenever - Off the top of my head, I can't think of a single thing nova has posted. Would lynch.

nutella - I've alluded to my poor track record with nutella many times before and the fact that lately she seems to have my number. I sense honesty and an genuine fire about her.

Pawn Lelouch - I would not lynch Evenstar and Evenstar has a sense that Pawn is doing God's work. I'm inclined to let that pass Day 1. Would not lynch.

Quin - I don't have a strong enough reason to suspect Quin. Would not lynch.

Rej - Rej has seven crappy posts. Would lynch.

Spiny Creature - Would not lynch (replacement candidate anyway)

sprityo - I refuse to vote sprityo Day 1. Or Day 2. Or Day 3. Three Days of sprityodom.

Texas Cloverleaf - Meh. Would not lynch.

TonyStarkPrime - Day 1 cannon fodder. Would not lynch.

Trustworthy Liberal - Meh. Would not lynch.

vanity. - Engagement looks good. Would not lynch.
Let me see if I can sheep this
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

vanity. wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:45 pm

this game? i feel like uhh... 1) that's not particularly villagery from me and 2) i don't even remember calling other players pure.

i don't remember calling you pure. or hyena pure. or benson pure. though this defense is more likely villagery than not. only thing i can think of how it may not be villagery is if nutella knows that the wagon on me won't dissipate and is trying to defend me for cred. which doesn't make that much sense eitiher? nutella doesn't need the cred.
I specifically remember you using the wording "calling X v and moving on" about I thiiink me and someone else? And I thought that was something unlikely for a wolf to do, to close s door on someone as ever being a possible vote candidate
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

probably v's in this group:
vanity (probably lol)
nutella
long con
nanook

that's all i got. guess creature and hyena would be on the trailing end.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Is wrong on me

Was wrong on Faraday

Was right on Dragomir at least

Considers lynching Elephant

I think he would lynch nova's slot rn
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Ty4on wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:47 pm

Wouldn’t surprise me if people in that other thread didn’t get my flip otherwise the presumed next person coming from there could just tell everybody my alignment.
Yeah I guess that is a reasonable assumption
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:49 pm
vanity. wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:45 pm

I specifically remember you using the wording "calling X v and moving on" about I thiiink me and someone else? And I thought that was something unlikely for a wolf to do, to close s door on someone as ever being a possible vote candidate
oh yeah i called nanook v. i don't remember exactly what off the top of my head but had something to do with him rejecting a mech clear
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

vanity. wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:49 pm probably v's in this group:
vanity (probably lol)
nutella
long con
nanook

that's all i got. guess creature and hyena would be on the trailing end.
tbh I was considering voting Hyena

Looks like the scum profile of doing some good effort to avoid initial pressure then staying UTR the rest of the game
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:47 pm Ok, I'm down with trying an Elephant vote. [VOTE: Elephant] aubergine A sexy tie as well.
why are you so willing to switch your vote? not that i'm complaining but it stands out to me.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

If I were Epignosis, I would be lynching Ty4on rn

but let me see if there's another player whose reads I may respect
Creature
Made Man

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 1]

Post by Creature »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:31 pm @iaafr @Dom @Creature @Long Con @Trustworthy Liberal

So first thing I'd like to try is to get all your reads and put them in a spreadsheet and compare them with each other and with my own reads to see if there are any patterns/common grounds there, to see if anyone has a starkly different opinion etc. It's totally fine if you are null on a lot of people. When I put mine together I realised that I am too. It will be good to see who is flying through all of our radars too.

For reference here is my list.

Benson
iaafr
Jack
Nanook
nutella
vanity.

Evenstar
Hyena
juliets
Lexi

DFaraday
Elephant
Pawn
Quin
Rej
Spiny
Tex
Trustworthy

Creature
Dom
Epi
Long Con

Nova
sprityo
Dragomir
Let's see if MacDougall deserves some voice
Ty4on

Post by Ty4on »

Creature wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:50 pm Is wrong on me

Was wrong on Faraday

Was right on Dragomir at least

Considers lynching Elephant

I think he would lynch nova's slot rn
I can’t remember reading any of his later posts (think he was away during eod), but on initial thread entry Epi’s nova read was basically “Voted 112 at a crucial time, can be lynched”
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Following his list, the lynches that would be a no-go for today would be NANOOK, nutella and vanity

However, I'd have to fucking ignore Hyena and juliets

He was right on Dragomir at least

So his preferred lynches would be Ty4on and Long Con

Obviously I am ignoring his garbage read on me
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

So far I think today should be a Long Con vs Ty4on
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Huh...

Don't tell me the deadline is in about 5 minutes...
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

nutella wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:43 pm

x doubt

It was brought up in this game I literally just said that.
woops uh. reading is hard sometimes. guess it's not weird
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Is Trustworthy Liberal even being towny?
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

Creature wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:54 pm So far I think today should be a Long Con vs Ty4on
why would you lynch long con?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Creature wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:55 pm Huh...

no its in an hour and 4 minutes

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

btw for the record tlib just randomly going "i don't like vanity today" seems a little off to me. like what was different about today me over yesterday me to warrant that kinda statement?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

vanity. wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:55 pm
Creature wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:54 pm So far I think today should be a Long Con vs Ty4on
why would you lynch long con?
He fits the slanking profile
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

juliets wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:56 pm
Creature wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:55 pm Huh...

no its in an hour and 4 minutes
Okay, maybe we have time to think this off then

Return to “Inception: Adrift in Limbo”