I am the Elephant.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 518

Re: I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

juliets wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:31 pm
Elephant wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:29 am
juliets wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:02 am I have a way too early meeting today and won't be able to catch up this morning and post. I'll be back sometime mid afternoon and catch up then.
Are there any elephants at your meeting?

image.jpeg
Unfortunately no, they were mostly IT people. They have them segregated in a different building across town though I'm not sure if it's to protect them or us!
Are you sure that "different building" isn't a zoo? ;)
I am the Elephant.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 4]

Post by Elephant »

juliets wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:26 pm I fell asleep, sorry.

@Quin and @Lady LambdaDelta, Nanook and/or Ty4on told us that in your other thread you were allowed to identify candidates to lynch as long as it was done in 3's. Who did you identify as lynch candidates D2 and D3? D3 is probably not as meaningful because there were only 5 people in your thread but I would like to know anyway. Note I am not asking you to share any private information, only what you made public.
You're really serious about collecting votes!
I am the Elephant.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1019
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Elephant wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:36 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:26 pm I fell asleep, sorry.

@Quin and @Lady LambdaDelta, Nanook and/or Ty4on told us that in your other thread you were allowed to identify candidates to lynch as long as it was done in 3's. Who did you identify as lynch candidates D2 and D3? D3 is probably not as meaningful because there were only 5 people in your thread but I would like to know anyway. Note I am not asking you to share any private information, only what you made public.
You're really serious about collecting votes!
No wait, it's not for tallies lol. I want to know what they were thinking and why.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

:beer:
Elephant wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:35 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:31 pm
Elephant wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:29 am
juliets wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:02 am I have a way too early meeting today and won't be able to catch up this morning and post. I'll be back sometime mid afternoon and catch up then.
Are there any elephants at your meeting?

image.jpeg
Unfortunately no, they were mostly IT people. They have them segregated in a different building across town though I'm not sure if it's to protect them or us!
Are you sure that "different building" isn't a zoo? ;)
:beer:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

lol oops! I didn't mean to "beer" twice.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

And by the way I was starting to tinfoil nutella today so that discussion really helped. Tinfoil gone.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 317
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Sorry I've been away. I'm going to get back into game mindset tonight.
Hyena wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:31 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:27 pm Hello, thread. First, I want to say that Ty4on's death was hilarious. Tragic and all, but he... just... got himself killed for a joke? I don't know. Never seen such a thing.

I see vanity is a current lynch favourite, not surprising. Just got home from work, and I'm going to a friend's house. So I'll catch y'all on the flippity-flop.
How do you feel about Vanity becoming the current lynch favorite? Do you think it's become too status quo? Like, from your perspective, what's the status quo right now? And what kinda read do you think would go COMPLETELY against the status quo right now? I want you to play devil's advocate again.
I feel like vanity becoming a lynch favourite happened pretty suddenly. I also think there's probably a good reason for that, and I support a vanity lynch. I guess it's status quo, but that phrase doesn't carry a lot of meaning for me - every lynch is its own organism with more factors than there are posts in the thread. Status quo came about for a reason.

Lynching Hyena or nutella would go against status quo the most, I think. Elephant/juliets is another factor going on that I don't really understand, but I think some people do. There's my Rebel Lynch Player Salad. Hyena, nutella, Elephant, and maybe juliets.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 893

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:45 pm Sorry I've been away. I'm going to get back into game mindset tonight.
Long Con wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:27 pm Hello, thread. First, I want to say that Ty4on's death was hilarious. Tragic and all, but he... just... got himself killed for a joke? I don't know. Never seen such a thing.

I see vanity is a current lynch favourite, not surprising. Just got home from work, and I'm going to a friend's house. So I'll catch y'all on the flippity-flop.
How do you feel about Vanity becoming the current lynch favorite? Do you think it's become too status quo? Like, from your perspective, what's the status quo right now? And what kinda read do you think would go COMPLETELY against the status quo right now? I want you to play devil's advocate again.
I feel like vanity becoming a lynch favourite happened pretty suddenly. I also think there's probably a good reason for that, and I support a vanity lynch. I guess it's status quo, but that phrase doesn't carry a lot of meaning for me - every lynch is its own organism with more factors than there are posts in the thread. Status quo came about for a reason.

Lynching Hyena or nutella would go against status quo the most, I think. Elephant/juliets is another factor going on that I don't really understand, but I think some people do. There's my Rebel Lynch Player Salad. Hyena, nutella, Elephant, and maybe juliets.
I don't know what I'm supposed to take away from this post. How do you...feel?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

Long Con wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:45 pm Sorry I've been away. I'm going to get back into game mindset tonight.

Why were you voting for a "rebel lynch" yesterday?
I am the Elephant.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:48 pm

I don't know what I'm supposed to take away from this post. How do you...feel?
I was just answering Hyena's questions... I don't know why he asked them or what he wanted from the answers.

Here's how I feel in another rainbow list.

juliets
nutella
Hyena

Elephant
Quin
Lexi

Creature
vanity
TLib

juliets I think is town. I realize that's a departure from previous evaluations of her, but that's what I think. nutella and Hyena I have been townreading, and I'm not currently gogin against that. I did like Hyena's possible reality twist with nutella as the villain. I see he's trying to push some alternate possibilities, and that's something I may get involved in later tonight. Elephant went from being a top baddie candidate to being Mr Town, and I'm trusting the unknown reasons for now. Quin and Lexi are ??? right now. I think Creature could easily be a baddie, as could TLib. And vanity is a popular choice of course.

That's my quick take on where I'm at in the game right now. Gotta help with dinner.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Elephant wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:05 pm

Why were you voting for a "rebel lynch" yesterday?
Seemed like the right thing to do. :shrug2: Why are you so townread now?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:06 pm And vanity is a popular choice of course.
This doesn't shed much light on your own thoughts there. :meany:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]Creature[/mention] I would love to see some of your thoughts/feelings. I know you're low energy - I'm having the same problem today, just downright tired - but anything you can share would be helpful.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
vanity.
The Mark
Posts in topic: 427
Preferred Pronouns: they/them or she/her

Post by vanity. »

i'm here for a bit.

anyone wanna talk about anything?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

vanity. wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:47 pm i'm here for a bit.

Talk to me about LC
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:52 pm
vanity. wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:47 pm i'm here for a bit.

Talk to me about LC
i haven't really read anything they've said since i last iso'd them so they're probably still a v
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:20 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:06 pm And vanity is a popular choice of course.
I have given a lot of my thoughts on vanity. Not a lot has changed since yesterday. His posts today are very similar to yesterday, defeated, not much left to say and rapidly losing interest in trying. If I knew him better, maybe I would know if it's a Civ tell or not. Would he defend harder as scum? You turned around to believing in him yesterday, and came in today more determined than ever to lynch him. That speaks to me.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

reading long con's new posts... man there just isn't a lot of substantiation there. apparently i'm a favorite for being lynched for good reason? what is that good reason? because i feel like i've been plenty towny this game, somewhat out of knowing this just isn't how i'd wolf, regardless of what anyone thinks.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

no one this game has defeated me. if anything how defeated me it's the game's length and somewhat my mental state. i know, that's vain, but that's how it is.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

vanity. wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:56 pm reading long con's new posts... man there just isn't a lot of substantiation there. apparently i'm a favorite for being lynched for good reason? what is that good reason? because i feel like i've been plenty towny this game, somewhat out of knowing this just isn't how i'd wolf, regardless of what anyone thinks.
What, today's posts? Substantiation?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:56 pm
I have given a lot of my thoughts on vanity. Not a lot has changed since yesterday. His posts today are very similar to yesterday, defeated, not much left to say and rapidly losing interest in trying. If I knew him better, maybe I would know if it's a Civ tell or not. Would he defend harder as scum? You turned around to believing in him yesterday, and came in today more determined than ever to lynch him. That speaks to me.
I'm not quite following. Are you saying you agree with my turnaround?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

vanity. wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:58 pm no one this game has defeated me. if anything how defeated me it's the game's length and somewhat my mental state. i know, that's vain, but that's how it is.
Yeah, I just meant your general attitude, not some direct conflict you lost.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:00 pm
:| Yes.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

like what are the legitimate reasons for why i'm a wolf? i still don't understand. because of my pessimistic attitude? because i sporadically decide to not play the game? actually what?

if you want to get me out of the game because you don't like me, then that's fine. i have no qualms over that. if my lynch is a net positive for the game health, then lynch away.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

vanity. wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:58 pm no one this game has defeated me. if anything how defeated me it's the game's length and somewhat my mental state. i know, that's vain, but that's how it is.
Hardy har har
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

Long Con wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:59 pm
vanity. wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:56 pm reading long con's new posts... man there just isn't a lot of substantiation there. apparently i'm a favorite for being lynched for good reason? what is that good reason? because i feel like i've been plenty towny this game, somewhat out of knowing this just isn't how i'd wolf, regardless of what anyone thinks.
yes, "new" would imply today's posts.

the main things i'm just looking for is... actual reasoning. if you're going to go over your reads, actually show your thought process. that's what i mean.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:00 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:00 pm
:| Yes.
K.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

vanity, I'm trying to understand how the game's length would have affected you negatively. We are only on Day 4 - is that longer than your normal games? Or am I misunderstanding you?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

vanity. wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:00 pm like what are the legitimate reasons for why i'm a wolf? i still don't understand. because of my pessimistic attitude? because i sporadically decide to not play the game? actually what?

if you want to get me out of the game because you don't like me, then that's fine. i have no qualms over that. if my lynch is a net positive for the game health, then lynch away.
I've given reasons why I suspect you in the past, and none of them were about how much I like you or being pessimistic. Not even about being gone for long periods.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:01 pm
Hardy har har
i posted that with complete awareness of the pun.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Creature »

I'm here

although I should have bothered doing more important things
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

vanity. wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:00 pm like what are the legitimate reasons for why i'm a wolf? i still don't understand. because of my pessimistic attitude? because i sporadically decide to not play the game? actually what?

Elephant had some actual points on you besides this stuff. I know his original d2 case had some weaker points but he also had a nice wall post at the beginning of this phase that criticized your eod3 behavior. Also, Quin has reason to think iaafr is scum and you seem compatible there-- I know that's pretty weak in itself but it helps me feel like I have some theory of the game. If that's wrong help me see why.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

juliets wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:02 pm
vanity, I'm trying to understand how the game's length would have affected you negatively. We are only on Day 4 - is that longer than your normal games? Or am I misunderstanding you?
yes, it is longer than most games i've played. the only forum game i've played that's as long as this one is the champs wildcard 1 game. i'm very accustomed to fast pace games like 12/12 or turbos and such. most of my homesite plays games with 4-5 minute long days. just a difference of culture i suppose.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

What am I missing?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

vanity. wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:01 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:59 pm
yes, "new" would imply today's posts.

the main things i'm just looking for is... actual reasoning. if you're going to go over your reads, actually show your thought process. that's what i mean.
Long Con wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:06 pmThat's my quick take on where I'm at in the game right now. Gotta help with dinner.
I told you, I'll get more into playing tonight.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

vanity. wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:51 pm is there a minimum postcount? or can i just hardclaim wolf and just tell you guys to lynch me? i don't care if it's gamethrowing, if it gives you "information" on creature's alignment then maybe my impact on the game can be positive in a way.
It's not that useful info

The others should eat it up and admit my actions don't make sense as scum
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:04 pm

Elephant had some actual points on you besides this stuff. I know his original d2 case had some weaker points but he also had a nice wall post at the beginning of this phase that criticized your eod3 behavior. Also, Quin has reason to think iaafr is scum and you seem compatible there-- I know that's pretty weak in itself but it helps me feel like I have some theory of the game. If that's wrong help me see why.
wtf? why in the world would i bash iaafr's reads and still call him town if i was his partner? that makes no sense to me, that's not how i'd interact with a partner. so no, that's not compatible.

and quite frankly, i don't care about someone's case on me when they're probably a wolf. but you know, if you're going to keep me in the dark and just sheep him instead, fine.

you've even said at the start of the day that you think the only wolf is me. why do you think that? it's not elephant's d3 case, right? because if that's why, that's a contradiction.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

vanity. wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:04 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:02 pm
yes, it is longer than most games i've played. the only forum game i've played that's as long as this one is the champs wildcard 1 game. i'm very accustomed to fast pace games like 12/12 or turbos and such. most of my homesite plays games with 4-5 minute long days. just a difference of culture i suppose.
Ok that helps me understand your attitude a little better.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

vanity. wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:55 pm [VOTE: trustworthy liberal] aubergine

if you guys want to try actually lynching a wolf today.
Trying is scummy
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

you have to have your own reasons for scumreading me nutella. so do tell.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

vanity. wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:59 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:56 pm
vanity. wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:54 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:53 pm
vanity. wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:51 pm is there a minimum postcount? or can i just hardclaim wolf and just tell you guys to lynch me? i don't care if it's gamethrowing, if it gives you "information" on creature's alignment then maybe my impact on the game can be positive in a way.
what

That is very illegal so don't but... What are you trying to imply about creature
according to trustworthy liberal my flip gives information on creature's alignment. i have no idea how but i guess it does.
I must have missed that. I don't understand what you're saying about Creature - town or wolf?
i don't know creature's alignment. they're probably town but fmpov creature isn't confirmed town to me. so i don't know how trustworthy liberal can think my alignment means anything for creature's, it seems like a fake reason to push a mislynch. reads to me as exactly something carsongarden did as a wolf in my qualifier.
Just reminding here we lynched boo and got absolutely zero alignment info on anyone
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Elephant wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:07 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:56 pm
Elephant wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:54 pm
Perchance our independent party is the jester? :goofp:
God I really hope not
I was joking, it does not fit the flavor.
image.jpeg
You are subsconcious aspect of masochism
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Creature wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:06 pm
It's not that useful info

The others should eat it up and admit my actions don't make sense as scum
Uh what?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Quin wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:56 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:12 pm @Creature I see it as a starting place at least.

I'm anxious to hear what @Quin and @Lady LambdaDelta have to say about whether they saw the Nanook and Ty4on flips when they happened the first time. And whatever else they can tell us.
To my understanding we weren't supposed to see flips. We saw boo's but that was some kind of host oopsie. Also Epi (among others, probably - but he's an example) disappeared from our thread yesterday and isn't in this thread so something's going on there.
Wait your thread can flip too?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

vanity. wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:06 pm

wtf? why in the world would i bash iaafr's reads and still call him town if i was his partner? that makes no sense to me, that's not how i'd interact with a partner. so no, that's not compatible.

and quite frankly, i don't care about someone's case on me when they're probably a wolf. but you know, if you're going to keep me in the dark and just sheep him instead, fine.

you've even said at the start of the day that you think the only wolf is me. why do you think that? it's not elephant's d3 case, right? because if that's why, that's a contradiction.
To distance without having to pretend you want to lynch him?? Makes total sense.

Why are you ignoring the wide acceptance that elephant is town?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Quin wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:11 pm cool well game layout when we first split off, as I understood it:

- 16 people in our thread, most of the game momentum carried over there it seems. This dropped to 5 people on the second day. Everyone is scattered atm.
- We had to send our votes in through PM
- We weren't allowed to publicly call votes, makes rainbow lists or make any inferences that would hint towards our vote (or reduce the suspect pool)
- We were allowed to make cases and stuff.

@Lady LambdaDelta can hopefully clarify or correct me in places. I've not really been around.
Is it allowed to say if you had flipped any scum?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Quin wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:36 pm holy shit why didn't anyone tell me i was almost at 10K
10k is nothing when you're over 40k in one site and close to 25k in other
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Hyena wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:34 am WAIT

BOO'S MASON PARTNER MIGHT'VE BEEN THE ONE PUSHING THOSE THREE, OR AT LEAST, TRYING TO MAKE A CASE FOR 112 AND EVENSTAR!
Evenstar is scum
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:10 pm
vanity. wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:06 pm

To distance without having to pretend you want to lynch him?? Makes total sense.

Why are you ignoring the wide acceptance that elephant is town?
uh. no. if i'm going to distance from a partner, i'm going to actually distance, not some half-hearted "your reads suck but you're still town". in my opinion, that makes way more sense with me being a wolf and iaafr being v. my interactions don't make sense with iaafr as w/w

i also called him a 3p lol. but lol okay

and i'm ignoring the wide acceptance of elephant townreads because they're probably wrong and he's probably a wolf. it's that simple, i'm confident that his case on me is nonsense, i've been confident since d2. i'm not changing my mind on elephant and tlib. both need to die at some point.

Return to “Inception: Adrift in Limbo”