Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1019
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 5]

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:07 pm
sprityo wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:39 pm SO that leaves me to these questions

Why are nutella and juliets town together?
What is the case on 112?
What is up with Michelle and Elephant?
Who am I wrong about from TS?
- I just have reason to believe juliets is town. Nothing to do with me specifically. But supposedly if she is to be trusted, Elephant is town as well. I am still not 100% sold on that but taking her word for it for now.
- idk there are a few things, currently (from stuff she said last night mostly) I think she's just town
- eh they misread each other a bunch
- Jack is scum (plus I'm not 100% sold on Mac and LC but leaning town)
nutella, I'm reconsidering all my reads or things I thought I knew so if you feel strongly about Elephant don't let me stop you.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 130
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

We received a private question which I’ll answer publicly:

The janitor learns the role of the target.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 415

Post by Evenstar »

Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:05 pm Dom can be town

Epi can be weird

but all players who vote for Nutella can get a once in a lifetime free pass for one day.h
you know what, I'm willing to sheep this

[VOTE: Nutella] aubergine
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 893

Post by nutella »

juliets wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:15 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:07 pm
sprityo wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:39 pm SO that leaves me to these questions

Why are nutella and juliets town together?
What is the case on 112?
What is up with Michelle and Elephant?
Who am I wrong about from TS?
- I just have reason to believe juliets is town. Nothing to do with me specifically. But supposedly if she is to be trusted, Elephant is town as well. I am still not 100% sold on that but taking her word for it for now.
- idk there are a few things, currently (from stuff she said last night mostly) I think she's just town
- eh they misread each other a bunch
- Jack is scum (plus I'm not 100% sold on Mac and LC but leaning town)
nutella, I'm reconsidering all my reads or things I thought I knew so if you feel strongly about Elephant don't let me stop you.
Mmmmm okay thank you. Eva is still my priority for today but I will keep that in mind. Elephant remains on my list. [mention]Michelle[/mention] I think you may be right even if I didn't think your reasons were strong. I have other thoughts about scum!Elephant (read my d3-4, or maybe just d4 idr, if you are curious).
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Evenstar wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:22 pm
Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:05 pm Dom can be town

Epi can be weird

but all players who vote for Nutella can get a once in a lifetime free pass for one day.h
you know what, I'm willing to sheep this

[VOTE: Nutella] aubergine

Literally fucking why though.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

This is exactly what happened on D1. I have never seen any explanation of why LLD suspects me. And yet you sheep her. It's really fucking bizarre.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:24 pm This is exactly what happened on D1. I have never seen any explanation of why LLD suspects me. And yet you sheep her. It's really fucking bizarre.
LLD knows what she's doing, and if Texas was the other Mason I'll do FTF's nesquik ramen thing.
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 595

Post by Master Radishes »

Evenstar wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:15 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:20 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:15 pm Radishes, if you are convinced Evenstar should be lynched, why is your vote not on her?
Dunno.
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
This is never, ever town. Kill it with extreme prejudice. I don't want it lynched, but I want it dead.
'Don't want it lynched, but want it dead.' Yeah that's a townie thought process. :haha:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Evenstar wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:27 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:24 pm This is exactly what happened on D1. I have never seen any explanation of why LLD suspects me. And yet you sheep her. It's really fucking bizarre.
LLD knows what she's doing, and if Texas was the other Mason I'll do FTF's nesquik ramen thing.
LLD does not know shit. I'm town. I don't understand why you're sheepng her when she clearly hasn't even read most of the thread content.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Master Radishes
Hitman

nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:27 pm
LLD does not know shit. I'm town. I don't understand why you're sheepng her when she clearly hasn't even read most of the thread content.
She always latches on to LLD at some point. It's a tactic I guess, but I don't know what it's meant to achieve.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Still re-reading, but,

[mention]Michelle[/mention], I'm tunneling Elephant now too. Scummy af.
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:27 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:15 pm Radishes, if you are convinced Evenstar should be lynched, why is your vote not on her?
Dunno.
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
This is never, ever town. Kill it with extreme prejudice. I don't want it lynched, but I want it dead.
'Don't want it lynched, but want it dead.' Yeah that's a townie thought process. :haha:
You're a pain in the ass and will fill the day with chaosposting if I try to lynch you. Better to just call the vig on your ass.
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:29 pm
She always latches on to LLD at some point. It's a tactic I guess, but I don't know what it's meant to achieve.
This "tactic" is called "listening to people I respect."
Master Radishes
Hitman

Evenstar wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:32 pm
Or it's called 'listen to the people who haven't even read the thread.' :shrug:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I recommend listening to people who have the slightest idea of what is going on in this game.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Lady LambdaDelta
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Lady LambdaDelta »

As if I need to do this to catch you.

As if the mountain of words you have posted means more than the intent behind the actions you take.

As if I give a fuck what scum thinks and wants me to do. I'm sure you'd love me to give you something to sink your teeth into so you can reduce this read to some kind of argument people will skim over.

Nah, I'd rather not give you that opportunity. Your reactions to my pressure and votes are damning enough themselves. I need nothing else.
That which yields is not always weak.
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:34 pm
I recommend listening to people who have the slightest idea of what is going on in this game.
:smoky:
Master Radishes
Hitman

Evenstar wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:30 pm
Dunno.
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
You're a pain in the ass and will fill the day with chaosposting if I try to lynch you. Better to just call the vig on your ass.
Cheers. :beer:

But your reasoning is still completely anti-town.
Lady LambdaDelta
Stool Pigeon

You see folks

anyone who thinks this person is town

this is a reminder that when not given the precious data bytes they desire to reduce this case into a squalor of murk and uncertainty.

The best defense this supposed townie can muster

is to constantly discredit my ability to think, and question whether I have any intelligence at all.

This, for the record, is the real ad hominem argument that people so love to quote. This is actually attacking the player's credibiliy as opposed to their read.

Who thinks this is town again? I wanna laugh later.
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:35 pm
Dunno.
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

:beer:

It's been nice playing with you.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:34 pm

As if the mountain of words you have posted means more than the intent behind the actions you take.

As if I give a fuck what scum thinks and wants me to do. I'm sure you'd love me to give you something to sink your teeth into so you can reduce this read to some kind of argument people will skim over.

Nah, I'd rather not give you that opportunity. Your reactions to my pressure and votes are damning enough themselves. I need nothing else.
Is town not allowed to be outraged over being voted for literally no reason?

You don't even know my play style. You are just making shit up on the spot and acting confident in it. It's not remotely helpful to solving the game. Take a step back. I'm town.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Lady LambdaDelta
Stool Pigeon

Dunno.
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

No it's not.

It's the same reason I'm not giving Nutella a game's worth of information.

Mafia is not a game of arguments solely it's a game of decisions and of emotional maintenance. No one wants to fucking deal with 40 pages of you or Nutella shitting up this thread with the same 10 points over and over again and chaos posting into oblivion.

So ES is calling for you to be vigged instead of lynched because that way you don't get to spam the thread with impunity and drag your heels and make some random lurkfuck get lynched instead.

That's town logic. It's replicatable by scum, but it's not anti-town remotely.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:38 pm
You see folks

this is a reminder that when not given the precious data bytes they desire to reduce this case into a squalor of murk and uncertainty.

is to constantly discredit my ability to think, and question whether I have any intelligence at all.

This, for the record, is the real ad hominem argument that people so love to quote. This is actually attacking the player's credibiliy as opposed to their read.

Why do you think I'm scum? Because I question votes that have no reasoning behind them? Great.

Solve the goddamn game like the rest of us.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

If you think I'm scum just because I had an emotional reaction to your bullshit, you have a poor grasp of the game.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Lady LambdaDelta
Stool Pigeon

nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:41 pm

You don't even know my play style. You are just making shit up on the spot and acting confident in it. It's not remotely helpful to solving the game. Take a step back. I'm town.
Your playstyle doesn''t matter in this case.

Your outrage is specifically scummy and reads of being again caught for the wrong reasons.

your indignation is not town indignation. There is a difference.

And you're not town.

I don't need to argue with you, but the more you circle on this point and then only NOW that it appears I'm not going anywhere beg me to try and see you town?

The more others will come to see exactly what you are, which is scum.

Deflecting with notions of your "playstyle and meta"

Accusing others of having no brain and thus being incapable of forming reasonable suspicions on you.

This is scum play, you will hang for it.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I actually think you are town because you seem so confident in actually believing what you're saying. But it's wrong and I implore you to do something useful.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Master Radishes
Hitman

Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:41 pm
Dunno.
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

No it's not.

Mafia is not a game of arguments solely it's a game of decisions and of emotional maintenance. No one wants to fucking deal with 40 pages of you or Nutella shitting up this thread with the same 10 points over and over again and chaos posting into oblivion.

So ES is calling for you to be vigged instead of lynched because that way you don't get to spam the thread with impunity and drag your heels and make some random lurkfuck get lynched instead.

Nah. Wrong.

Nice to see you paying attention now, though. Like, you're not, since you're just tunneling nutella and doing nothing else. But it's better than nothing.
Lady LambdaDelta
Stool Pigeon

nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:43 pm If you think I'm scum just because I had an emotional reaction to your bullshit, you have a poor grasp of the game.
More ad hominem.
Master Radishes
Hitman

I'm feeling confrontational. Who wants to confront me?
Master Radishes
Hitman

Nvm dinner time.
Lady LambdaDelta
Stool Pigeon

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:44 pm
Dunno.
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

No it's not.

Nah. Wrong.

Nice to see you paying attention now, though. Like, you're not, since you're just tunneling nutella and doing nothing else. But it's better than nothing.
Offer still on the table friend. Give me Nutella and I'll give you Evenstar tomorrow.

They arent BOTH town.

but I know which one is harder to lynch.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:43 pm

Your outrage is specifically scummy and reads of being again caught for the wrong reasons.

And you're not town.

I don't need to argue with you, but the more you circle on this point and then only NOW that it appears I'm not going anywhere beg me to try and see you town?

Accusing others of having no brain and thus being incapable of forming reasonable suspicions on you.

Nope. You are wrong. My indignation is town. I am not "caught." I am bewildered.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Lady LambdaDelta
Stool Pigeon

nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:44 pm I actually think you are town because you seem so confident in actually believing what you're saying. But it's wrong and I implore you to do something useful.
More deflecting.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:45 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:44 pm I actually think you are town because you seem so confident in actually believing what you're saying. But it's wrong and I implore you to do something useful.
More deflecting.
Deflecting from what? Give me something to answer.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:45 pm

And you're not town.

Nope. You are wrong. My indignation is town. I am not "caught." I am bewildered.
Why is your indignation town?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Look, I really don't understand why you suspect me. I don't want to just use ad hominem attacks but I have nothing else to work with here. What do you WANT from me.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Lady LambdaDelta
Stool Pigeon

nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:42 pm

You see folks

Why do you think I'm scum? Because I question votes that have no reasoning behind them? Great.

"like the rest of us".

This is a call, an appeal to majority and an appeal to the status quo.

The people who want to keep the Status Quo are the ones who are winning and who have momentum.

Who is winning this game and who has momentum?

Scum.

Therefor, this appeal to that mindset and opposing a mindset that is attempting to change the landscape of this game

is SCUM.
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 280

Post by 112 »

i think MR is town now fwiw- going back and forth so there's not much to take here, but i've noticed some isolated incidents of emotion/surprise in his posts that i just don't see him faking as scum.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Evenstar wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:46 pm

And you're not town.

Uh, because I'm town?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Master Radishes
Hitman

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:

No it's not.

Nah. Wrong.

Offer still on the table friend. Give me Nutella and I'll give you Evenstar tomorrow.

They arent BOTH town.

I mean, look, I have no idea what to think of nutella. Half a dozen different posts pinged me on my ongoing re-read of what I missed. But half a dozen posts make me think they are never scum.

So I'm still very open to scum!Nutella, but probably not today.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

i like nute here- trust her over eva/lld
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:46 pm
More deflecting.
She won't. Why are you still engaging her case if you feel it has no backing behind it?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:47 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:42 pm

You see folks

"like the rest of us".

This is a call, an appeal to majority and an appeal to the status quo.

The people who want to keep the Status Quo are the ones who are winning and who have momentum.

Who is winning this game and who has momentum?

Scum.

Therefor, this appeal to that mindset and opposing a mindset that is attempting to change the landscape of this game

is SCUM.
This is a pretty far-fetched interpretation lol. By "the rest of us" I mean the people who are engaging with thread content and attempting to figure out who is scum based on interactions and what has occurred in the game. You are just throwing shit at the wall to see if it sticks. If you're town it's counterproductive and I suggest you look elsewhere.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:47 pm

No it's not.

Nah. Wrong.

They arent BOTH town.

I mean, look, I have no idea what to think of nutella. Half a dozen different posts pinged me on my ongoing re-read of what I missed. But half a dozen posts make me think they are never scum.

So I'm still very open to scum!Nutella, but probably not today.
I get this and it's where I'm at, although I put more weight into the 'never scum' set of posts than the others that might be sketchy. Likely town.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Evenstar wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:48 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:46 pm
More deflecting.
She won't. Why are you still engaging her case if you feel it has no backing behind it?
I just want to get her to see some modicum of reason and/or get her to do something productive for the game. If she continues to refuse, she's probably scum. I had reason to think you two weren't actually scum together though.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Evenstar »

nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:47 pm

And you're not town.

Uh, because I'm town?
That was exactly the wrong answer.

You keep saying you want to engage in the realm of facts and reasons, but you don't have an actual argument as to why you are town other than "because I am."

That is not good enough at this point.
Lady LambdaDelta
Stool Pigeon

nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:47 pm Look, I really don't understand why you suspect me. I don't want to just use ad hominem attacks but I have nothing else to work with here. What do you WANT from me.
See now, the bolded is the first TRUTHFUL thing you've said to me.

I believe you don't understand why I suspect you. I believe you don't wanna use ad hominem and I believe you have nothing else to work with

I also believe that that position and those reactions are only perspective from the scum team.

I think town you has more to work with here, and has the ultimate option that you seem to keep ignoring.

The one option you've had the whole time while I've been doing this.

If you're so fucking town, and you think I'm town and wrong... go find scum and convince others (and maybe me) they're scum. Ignore me if I'm town.

But you won't Because your own life is more important than finding scum to you.

Because you're scum.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Lexi, the only thing you've done this game is insist I'm scum. When I flip town what will you do? I'm legitimately concerned for what it will do to your mental and emotional health.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Evenstar wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:50 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:47 pm

And you're not town.

Uh, because I'm town?
That was exactly the wrong answer.

You keep saying you want to engage in the realm of facts and reasons, but you don't have an actual argument as to why you are town other than "because I am."

That is not good enough at this point.
You asked why my indignation was town, and the answer is because I'm town. You didn't ask why I am town.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:50 pm
nutella wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:47 pm Look, I really don't understand why you suspect me. I don't want to just use ad hominem attacks but I have nothing else to work with here. What do you WANT from me.
See now, the bolded is the first TRUTHFUL thing you've said to me.

I believe you don't understand why I suspect you. I believe you don't wanna use ad hominem and I believe you have nothing else to work with

I also believe that that position and those reactions are only perspective from the scum team.

I think town you has more to work with here, and has the ultimate option that you seem to keep ignoring.

The one option you've had the whole time while I've been doing this.

If you're so fucking town, and you think I'm town and wrong... go find scum and convince others (and maybe me) they're scum. Ignore me if I'm town.

But you won't Because your own life is more important than finding scum to you.

Because you're scum.
I have been doing that all damn day. I have been casing Eva. At least read my posts before making this stuff up.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Inception: Adrift in Limbo”