8%

Total votes: 13
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 39

Re: [NIGHT 1] The Red Room

Post by thellama73 »

DharmaHelper wrote:
thellama73 wrote:It looks like there are five civvies and five baddies with L numbers greater than 1, so this really tells us nothing about either of those players.
It tells us there is a 50% chance they're bad.
That's right. I always forget that the probability of a random person being bad is well under 50%, so this does help a little.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Vompatti »

When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 42
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

thellama73 wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:Why does it say Epi and reywaS were not lynched? That was weird.
Death comes in threes. Maybe, since they received votes, they were meant to die as well but have high L numbers, so survived.
But bwt had a vote from Devin as well. In addition, A Person and Vompatti voted for themselves. So it seems like it was just two of the people Epi and reywas, who got votes that were mentioned as not being lynched. I don't get it, but given crazy (but wonderful) MP I am not surprised at that.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 106

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:Why does it say Epi and reywaS were not lynched? That was weird.
Death comes in threes. Maybe, since they received votes, they were meant to die as well but have high L numbers, so survived.
But bwt had a vote from Devin as well. In addition, A Person and Vompatti voted for themselves. So it seems like it was just two of the people Epi and reywas, who got votes that were mentioned as not being lynched. I don't get it, but given crazy (but wonderful) MP I am not surprised at that.
Death comes in threes, not sixes.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Yes, understood but why were Epi and rewyas picked over the others?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

juliets wrote:Yes, understood but why were Epi and rewyas picked over the others?
Why shouldn't they be?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 43
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Does anyone have the poll screen shot?
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

thellama73 wrote:
juliets wrote:Yes, understood but why were Epi and rewyas picked over the others?
Why shouldn't they be?
So you're opinion is it was random between the 6? Just trying to clarify.

Kate i have a screenshot but i'm not sure how to get it into the thread. I could fool around with it. Also, MP should have the poll in the polls thread.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Draconus »

I would say yes to it being randomized between everyone with tied votes.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:I would say yes to it being randomized between everyone with tied votes.
Yeah I dont see any pattern or anything that would say reywas and epi are the ones picked, so randomized is what I'm guessing too.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 43
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

juliets wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Why shouldn't they be?

Kate i have a screenshot but i'm not sure how to get it into the thread. I could fool around with it. Also, MP should have the poll in the polls thread.
Ah I forgot about this.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

juliets wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Why shouldn't they be?
I didn't state that opinion.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

thellama73 wrote:
juliets wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Why shouldn't they be?
I didn't state that opinion.
Ok, glad I clarified. Do you have an opinion you want to share?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

juliets wrote: Ok, glad I clarified. Do you have an opinion you want to share?
I do not. I don't know why those three were selected over others, but I don't think it really matters.

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

thellama73 wrote:
juliets wrote: Ok, glad I clarified. Do you have an opinion you want to share?
I do not. I don't know why those three were selected over others, but I don't think it really matters.
Ok. I don't know whether it matters or not but I've gone as far as i can with it unless someone has some sudden insight.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 6

Post by blindfaeth »

RIP BDH~

So I wonder how this game is ultimately linked to the other one. Can you win one but not the other? Were our roles in the first game ultimately pointless, and the winners of this game are the victors? Curious BF is curious.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

blindfaeth wrote:RIP BDH~

So I wonder how this game is ultimately linked to the other one. Can you win one but not the other? Were our roles in the first game ultimately pointless, and the winners of this game are the victors? Curious BF is curious.
I am starting to think that this is turning into a real Mafia game (not that it wasn't one already...). A Red Room Mafia. I can't see MP (as crazy as he is) making the other game completely pointless. So, I believe their will be 2 victors.
This one will be much faster, though, seeing as there will be 3 lynch attempts everyday and presumably 3 NK attempts. But we will find out if that is true soon, I guess.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 7

Post by reywaS »

Well, I'm glad that I was not lynched.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Dom »

:hmmm:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 6

Post by blindfaeth »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:RIP BDH~

I am starting to think that this is turning into a real Mafia game (not that it wasn't one already...). A Red Room Mafia. I can't see MP (as crazy as he is) making the other game completely pointless. So, I believe their will be 2 victors.
This one will be much faster, though, seeing as there will be 3 lynch attempts everyday and presumably 3 NK attempts. But we will find out if that is true soon, I guess.
At the same time though, it's not like we signed up for this separate mafia game, ya know? But I think I agree, it seems like we might be in it for the "long haul".
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Yeah. That's why I tried to get modkilled in the other game. I didn't want to start a whole new game. But because AP and BDH ended up here anyways, it looks like I would have ended up here, as well.
But, despite all of that, Alex has talked me into sticking this one out. So I'm in it until I die :) I'm just thankful that there will be 3 kill attempts at a time :blush:

Speaking of which, where is the Night post? Or did I miss something?

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

EBWOP: Forgot about MPs flights. :blush:

Have a safe trip, Alex!!

AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 1

Post by AceofSpaces »

Sorry I haven't posted much everyone. Been a weird week, and this snow storm has me exhausted from shoveling for hours at a time. I'll be a lot more active day 2.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I forgot to post this in here yesterday, sorry!
MovingPictures07 wrote:So it's been a hell of a day. My flight got cancelled, and I was on hold for three hours with US Airways earlier today and still never got a hold of anyone. Tried again tonight. They won't even put me on hold now.

Nonetheless, I rearranged it with the university and also with my work to get a new date -- next Friday, the 21st. And I just booked a new flight. Hopefully I can get a refund for my first flight, though, and I'm definitely going to keep trying to call them over and over.

So what does that mean for you guys? It means I will be here tonight and tomorrow night to address questions, take PMs, and even end the night early if necessary.
I will get a post up whenever I can tonight.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

[center]Night 1: DharmaTOOHelper[/center]
DFaraday says: "What's up with agleaminranks? Does that guy ever post? Shady.

I think the bloc should stay together until the number crunching produces a more solid baddie lead, at least."

And death happened. And also failed. Mostly failed.

DharmaHelper has survived kill attempts by The Veteran Villains and The New F.E.B.'s on the Block.
Devin has survived a kill attempt by Vompatti.
thellama73 has been killed by DharmaHelper for not being funny enough.
timmer has joined The Red Room.

It is now Day 2. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
[/b]
DharmaHelper

Re: [DAY 2] The Red Room

Post by DharmaHelper »

Well aren't I a popular motherfucker :noble:

ImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Found MP
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 15

Post by timmer »

'sup mofos.
My siggie.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Welcome Timmer! And RIPIYWG llama and whoa dh! Also congrats to Devin iyag. Did I miss anyone?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Welcome Timmer.

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

So how many voters are in the ol' club o' badassery? Are you guys still in control? Can I get in? I *did* fight for you in the other game, DH.... gimme some love? :mafia:
My siggie.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Hmm!

I'm glad I don't have to decide anything until Sunday; I'm tired.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

timmer wrote:So how many voters are in the ol' club o' badassery? Are you guys still in control? Can I get in? I *did* fight for you in the other game, DH.... gimme some love? :mafia:
It would be rude to kick you out of the Red Room just as you get in. :srsnod:

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I humbly suggest to my friends in the Red Room that since death doesn't seem to be equating to a return to the other game, we start taking this game seriously today.

And I'm not just saying that because last night cleared me from being on both mafia teams :D

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

timmer who's ass do you wanna kick
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Dom wrote:timmer who's ass do you wanna kick
Well, in terms of the other game, the only player here worth killing is Vompatti since he tried to NK me. :noble: But I'm happy to let bygones be bygones if he is part of the group.
My siggie.
BigDamnHero
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 38

Post by BigDamnHero »

DharmaHelper wrote:I humbly suggest to my friends in the Red Room that since death doesn't seem to be equating to a return to the other game, we start taking this game seriously today.

And I'm not just saying that because last night cleared me from being on both mafia teams :D
great idea...too bad this wasn't proposed, like...oh, I dunno...on DAY 1!!!!! :mad:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

BigDamnHero wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I humbly suggest to my friends in the Red Room that since death doesn't seem to be equating to a return to the other game, we start taking this game seriously today.

great idea...too bad this wasn't proposed, like...oh, I dunno...on DAY 1!!!!! :mad:
Well, in our defense, who could resist.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I think we should lynch Dh. :nicenod:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Dom wrote:I think we should lynch Dh. :nicenod:
I respekfully disagree.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 25
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

DharmaHelper wrote:
timmer wrote:So how many voters are in the ol' club o' badassery? Are you guys still in control? Can I get in? I *did* fight for you in the other game, DH.... gimme some love? :mafia:
I thought that was the whole point of a bloc?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 7

Post by reywaS »

nubs
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Russtifinko wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
The bloc should dissolve in favor of actual discussion at this point.

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Here's some discussion. I just figured out the l and n thing. Tell me, DH. Which civ, if any, could someone be if they survived a lynch AND two nk attempts?
My siggie.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I dunno, :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Good thing I didn't survive a lynch tho, amirite.

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Lol, derp. Sorry. As usual, when I think im all king baddie hunter its cause my notes are wrong.
My siggie.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
The bloc should dissolve in favor of actual discussion at this point.
this. actually,
timmer wrote:Lol, derp. Sorry. As usual, when I think im all king baddie hunter its cause my notes are wrong.
what
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

No me gusta Timmer. No me gusta.

ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Im confused now. Tell me where I'm wrong here. to survive two night kills from the baddies your role would have to have a rank of n=3 wouldn't it? I dont see any civ roles with a n of 3 so wouldn't that make dh either vompatti or host?
My siggie.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”