The Wire Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Who's keeping it boring and killing police?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:59 pm

Dragon D. Luffy
No votes
Jackofhearts2005
7%
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
7%
sig
20%
Turnip Head
No votes
Prop Joe (Host/Non/Dead)
67%

Total votes: 15
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 245

Re: The Wire Mafia

Post by dunya »

Sloonei's iso is made up of 100 shooting questions with about 5% follow up rate. Bad.

Also the desperation to lynch someone that isn't Dom comes through. What's worse for a mafia team than losing an absent teammember on day 1? Nothing. I'm not at all convinced he was convinced drago was the best option. He actively tries to persuade himself to.

Also I sense serious defensiveness or hesitation. He says LC is the person he trusts most. When questioned about why, he answers meekly and then follows it up with "but he's gone quiet so...". Not a fan of that part.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:27 pm also that final quote is extra fun in light of the drago flip. scum speed would be biased toward assuming one would have a "coherent stance" on drago since he would have had tmi
Sloonei and speed make sense as teammates. I dont see sloonei pick up anything from speed despite him being a central piece of attention vs u on day 1. If they're teammates, sloonei would actively avoid talking about him and reminding us. He keeps choosing names like rej and drago and boo as names "people have been talking about" "Tell me more about these names"

Feels like focusing the narrative away from Dom etc.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:31 pm Sloonei's iso is made up of 100 shooting questions with about 5% follow up rate. Bad.

Also the desperation to lynch someone that isn't Dom comes through. What's worse for a mafia team than losing an absent teammember on day 1? Nothing. I'm not at all convinced he was convinced drago was the best option. He actively tries to persuade himself to.

Also I sense serious defensiveness or hesitation. He says LC is the person he trusts most. When questioned about why, he answers meekly and then follows it up with "but he's gone quiet so...". Not a fan of that part.
ya this is good

I'm not totally ready to make associative reads without knowing Dom's alignment and I could see Sloonei as scum here regardless of it, but this is a strong take
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:34 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:27 pm also that final quote is extra fun in light of the drago flip. scum speed would be biased toward assuming one would have a "coherent stance" on drago since he would have had tmi
Sloonei and speed make sense as teammates. I dont see sloonei pick up anything from speed despite him being a central piece of attention vs u on day 1. If they're teammates, sloonei would actively avoid talking about him and reminding us. He keeps choosing names like rej and drago and boo as names "people have been talking about" "Tell me more about these names"

Feels like focusing the narrative away from Dom etc.
mmm yeah
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 177

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:25 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:39 am
nutella wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:55 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:54 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:53 pm I think Rej is fitting what little I understand of his town meta. Drago I haven't seen enough from yet to feel strongly about.
I feel like i have seen more proactive version of Dragomir in previous games. But that includes Day 1 of Inception, when he was mafia.
True.

I might hop on just for funsies/so that my vote matters more than it does now and bc I don't really see a reason for Dom to be lynched
That sounds like a weak motivation to jump on the drago wagon which you also don't feel strongly about.

If I couldn't see the poll as I'm making this catch up I would get no indication that you suspect drago more than Dom. Or that you suspect dragon enough to give up on the speed thing you were pushing before.

Sorry, the speed thing you were moaning about before. Because the only thing you did about it was vote speed early on poorly explained grounds when spend the whole day crying "why you aren't voting speed with meeee" to people.
Wow
nutella wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:01 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:54 am
nutella wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:27 am
speedchuck wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:23 am really though jack could have let us grill creature for a bit before nullifying it. INTERESTING
??? What is this
What do you think it is? :smile:
I honestly don't know. Explain to me why you didn't want to hear a townread on creature this early. Disappointed that he's not going to be an easy target of suspicion?

yeah
nutella wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:55 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:44 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:27 am
speedchuck wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:23 am really though jack could have let us grill creature for a bit before nullifying it. INTERESTING
??? What is this
I honestly don't know. Explain to me why you didn't want to hear a townread on creature this early. Disappointed that he's not going to be an easy target of suspicion?
That 'townread' was Jack neutering an early-game source of conflict, suspicion, and actual content by appealing to meta. It's the beginning of the game. Everything should be as volatile as possible.
But it's not a conflict if there isn't disagreement. Stating a townread should be fine for that, if you disagree you can continue on that topic.

you're
nutella wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:56 pm Speed discouraging people from contributing their townreads is bad.

right
nutella wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:03 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:58 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:55 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:44 pm

That 'townread' was Jack neutering an early-game source of conflict, suspicion, and actual content by appealing to meta. It's the beginning of the game. Everything should be as volatile as possible.
But it's not a conflict if there isn't disagreement. Stating a townread should be fine for that, if you disagree you can continue on that topic.
I assumed Creature would disagree, and then I could say he is biased and defending himself, and we could whirl down a spiral of blame and recursive arguments and THEN Jack could stop us.

And people like you would comment on it and be all like "how scummy" and we'd have a lot to work with.

I guess that's happening anyway now, so thanks. :nicenod: [VOTE: nutella] aubergine
No. This is total bullshit lmao. I don't see the scenario you're describing ever happening like that, and look we are still talky about this so clearly someone successfully generated content. Your assessment of my role in this makes no sense though. Are you just openwolfing?

[VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine

I haven't
nutella wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:58 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:32 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:03 pm oh, i think nutella is town. don't lynch her.

speedchuck is another option for me. i feel something intentional and careful in his posts and tone towards others. don't like it.
I agree with half of this post

The other half is like, what. Why.
So you don't suspect me? What did you gain from that exercise? I don't see you commenting on reactions or whatever, you seem to have just moved on.

given my reasons
nutella wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:23 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:21 pm
Rej wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:53 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:24 am
Rej wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:44 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:32 am Well in that case, there's not really much for me to do. Could explain my read on Rej or Mac maybe. But...nah.
wow you really give zero fucks this game, you must be a civ, you would never fuck up your mafia brethern like that? playing this jaded?

did anything else in this DP caught your attention? I haven't seen many reads about Mac. He just seems to carry some energy with him, energy I haven't seen in much of his D0/D1 plays.
Is the first half of this post a sarcasm? Because it seems like one to me.
tbh I am 50/50, it's true that Dragos overall behaviour in mafia changed, from game to game he gives less a fuck, that is reasonable if you busy yourself with other things, but still a mafia drago wouldn't make himself such an easy target I feel, tho town drago tends to do help town in any kind of form
Those two fifties have completely opposite meanings

[VOTE: Rej] aubergine
So? :evileye:
for suspecting speed
nutella wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:15 pm Speed isn't thinking critically on enough levels he's just calling things scummy that aren't really. He's scum

ever at all,
nutella wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:26 pm basically he's calling rej scum for not having a coherent stance on drago. I don't have a coherent stance on drago either so idk why that's sus
you got me
This post is trash.

There are actually only four 'reasons' in there, despite the ridiculous number of posts that nutella has supposedly implicated me in.

1. Speed is discouraging townreads. Bullshit. We've covered that in earlier posts.
2. Speed didn't fully follow up on his supposed pot-stirring. Somewhat fair. I am a busy man. All I have time to do is stir the pot, and rarely can taste the noodles.
3. Speed's read on Rej is just for him not having a coherent stance on Drago. Bullshit. It was about his say-nothing appeasement of an answer, that only makes sense if he's trying to play both sides of his statement. Weasel words.
4. Speed isn't thinking critically enough to make good scumreads, so he's scum. Bullshit. I shouldn't have to explain why this is bullshit. I've gotten scum player of the year before, and I get accused of not being SMART enough about my reads to be town in this game?

Nutella tunneling me is NAI but it does grate after a while.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Now watch as she complains because Imma disappear to deal with the people literally waiting on me because I'm bussyyyy
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

End of night?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Wanna see if sloon killed me or not before going to sleep :p
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 374
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I wouldn’t say that I was trying to move the narrative away from Dom. There wasn’t really a narrative on Dom, at least not while I was present (which was mostly just the final 2 hours of the day). I am uneasy about the Dom bandwagon in hindsight because it simply existed: no one seemed to believe all that much in it and no progress was being made on it, but nobody was moving their votes away from it either. It feels like he was mislynch bait.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:46 pm Wanna see if sloon killed me or not before going to sleep :p
If you ever did night 1, it confirms that I am not mafia.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Here is me talking about speedchuck.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:50 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:46 pm Wanna see if sloon killed me or not before going to sleep :p
If you ever did night 1, it confirms that I am not mafia.
:hugs:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:31 pm Sloonei's iso is made up of 100 shooting questions with about 5% follow up rate. Bad.

No follow up? I was following up when I could. I was also trying to grasp as many things as I could. Nearly all of that ISO came in a very short window right at the end of the phase. That was my process of catching up on the game while also trying to develop reads and decide on a vote.

Also my bit about LC going quiet was not meant as a retraction of my town read on him. I was mentioning it because I wanted his voice to be part of the discussion that was ongoing at the time. Because I trusted him and still do. Fuck saying that was a meek read, I believe firmly in it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:51 pm Here is me talking about speedchuck.
I meant an actual opinion on speed. The last para of that post is someone who doesn't want strong conflicting opinions being attached to him imho.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I called it meek because I considered it a retraction of the faith in him tbh so it cancels out the first part. Thx for the clarification.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Oh come on nova. It's 4am now.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:57 pm
I meant an actual opinion on speed. The last para of that post is someone who doesn't want strong conflicting opinions being attached to him imho.
I literally had not read the thread at that point. I replaced into this game midway through Day 1 after skimming lightly for the first few pages. I didn’t have time to really get involved until just before the deadline yesterday. I could only really deal with the content that was in front of me.

For the sake of taking a stance, I’ll say speedchuck is town. That one post in question that nutella highlighted looked like a civilian trying to put pressure on a player to me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:01 pm Oh come on nova. It's 4am now.
Go to sleep
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I town read dunya for being awake right now, tbh.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 35

Post by novaselinenever »

Dom [Kima Greggs] and MacDougall [Herc] have been killed.

You are Kima Greggs!
“Who we gotta f*ck in this town to get a real office?”

[Barksdale Detail] - Each night, you may target a player and role-block them, preventing them from performing any actions.

Wincon - Eliminate all threats to Town
You are Herc!
"You're fuckin' whipped."

[Surveillance] - During odd nights, you may investigate a player and discover who visited them that phase (if any). During even nights, you may investigate a player and discover which player they visited (if any).

Wincon - Eliminate all threats to Town

Day 2 starts.
A secondary lynch will take place in this phase, you may vote twice on the poll. You have 48 hours.
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 223
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Wait I think the mod messed up, mac was definitely in scum chat with me
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Well there goes my dom theory. I'll try better :(
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 136
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Well fuck
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: rej] aubergine

Tell me who I should vote for instead of you.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:11 pm Well there goes my dom theory. I'll try better :(
Can I be town now?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Damn all the good characters dying.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:14 pm Damn all the good characters dying.
We still got Bubbles.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:13 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:11 pm Well there goes my dom theory. I'll try better :(
Can I be town now?
....Yes :puppy:
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

nutella wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:14 pm Damn all the good characters dying.
I'm surprised Herc wasn't a mason.

And that shoots my Prez theory in the face, so we also lost whatever Drago could do that may have been even better than a rolecheck?... Is getting snippets from mafia BTSC a thing, that's my new guess.

I imagine Mac was the mafia kill and Dom was either a vig or indie? Probably indie?
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I'm voting boo and DDL.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:13 pm [VOTE: rej] aubergine

Tell me who I should vote for instead of you.
Y not vote for 2 ppl

Double the troble
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

So the good news is um not much.

I think we should comb through Dom/Mac reads and see who they were pressuring do a nice old fashion NKA. We can assume one was killed by mafia and other by another role. Unless mafia has two kills which would be odd.

Big take away is this shows neither wagon was mafia, so any third name that was high in the polls should be looked at. It also probably means mafia was spread out between players.

linki: I could see Dom being vigged

Also why Dunya?
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:18 pm I'm voting boo and DDL.
That’s a lot of votes.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

[VOTE: zemmi] aubergine for one vote as a start, at this point if we have to lynch two people one of my votes is probably gonna be a policy vote, so will get it out of the way now.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Oh shit, I should actually read host posts.

Um who else do I wanna vote for?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

My 4.20am hunches. I'll come back tomorrow to justify them or change them

See yall
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

boo wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:21 pm [VOTE: zemmi] aubergine for one vote as a start, at this point if we have to lynch two people one of my votes is probably gonna be a policy vote, so will get it out of the way now.
Bad

Wait for a replacement. Lynching 0 posters = bad.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Joining dunya on the bootrain. I’ll decide if that’s a good idea later.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:22 pm My 4.20am hunches. I'll come back tomorrow to justify them or change them

See yall
Dank hunches.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:23 pm Joining dunya on the bootrain. I’ll decide if that’s a good idea later.
Feels good dunnit

I feel like boo took us all for a ride last phase
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Does anyone have any experience with multiple lynched in one day? Ancient history on RYM had us double lynching in the event of a tie, but that was something different.

The obvious instinct is that we should just lynch the top two candidates, but I could also see an argument for splitting the vote between two players who are perceived as being opposed somehow.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

[VOTE: LC] aubergine the other one.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

boo wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:27 pm [VOTE: LC] aubergine the other one.
Why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 223
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

No way dom was mafia kill, you don’t kill the competing wagon when it was T/T.

Tbh that doesn’t make a ton of sense for a 3p kill either, unless they’re townsiding maybe. Pretty much reeks of a vig.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

...Not really lol.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:04 pm
I literally had not read the thread at that point. I replaced into this game midway through Day 1 after skimming lightly for the first few pages. I didn’t have time to really get involved until just before the deadline yesterday. I could only really deal with the content that was in front of me.

For the sake of taking a stance, I’ll say speedchuck is town. That one post in question that nutella highlighted looked like a civilian trying to put pressure on a player to me.
blah
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

oh we get to lynch two people hm
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:13 pm
Can I be town now?
Y

i

k

e

s
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:27 pm
boo wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:27 pm [VOTE: LC] aubergine the other one.
Why?
It's provocative. It gets the people going.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:30 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:04 pm

blah
Blah?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”