The Wire Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Who's keeping it boring and killing police?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:59 pm

Dragon D. Luffy
No votes
Jackofhearts2005
7%
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
7%
sig
20%
Turnip Head
No votes
Prop Joe (Host/Non/Dead)
67%

Total votes: 15
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 177

Re: The Wire Mafia

Post by speedchuck »

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:07 am My 2 top candidates I think are boo and Sloonei/speedchuck (because I’m vibing with nutella rn)
Interesting
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 374
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:10 am Hot take: Anyone talking about voting Boo for their desire to policylynch an inactive is scum.

I'm sort of joking, but not entirely. Culture clash, in instances like this, is not a good reason to vote someone. It's perfectly reasonable in some mafia cultures to see a double lynch and be like "Oh, jeez, town can hardly handle one lynch, much less two. Here's a person that needs to be kicked out of the game anyway, to make it easier on the host, more fun for the players, and to make things simpler. Let's go."

And I don't want to hear that I'm reading too much into Boo's vote, because that's exactly what everyone else is doing. Six years ago, on my home sight, I would have absolutely voted Zemmi in this situation.
boo is a syndicate native, fwiw. he just hasn't been around much recently.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:52 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:27 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:03 am I'm thinking lynching zemmi is actually a good idea conceptually, now. But the fact so many people seem to be onboard with it is giving me pause.
Nah. Why would the Mafia team care about bussing a nonplayer member of their team? That's the easiest bus ever. I'll get on that boo vote. [VOTE: boo] aubergine
Didn’t you say earlier you were fine voting Zemmi for the same reason as Boo?
What, you want me to do your research for you?

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:52 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:51 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:43 pm
boo wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:17 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:11 am Boo doesn’t seem to like me but we actually agree that inactives should die or get active

[VOTE: Zummi] aubergine

Especially on a day we get to kill two people, either play the game or die.
It's not personal. I just can't do anything with the playstyle you exhibited on D1, and find it actively not fun to play with.

But it's nice to see someone else who likes killing inactives. People are way to passive about assuming replacements rain from the sky and my least favourite thing about hosting is having to make the call to boot someone who just isn't around, assuming I even have a replacement available to do it.
Why do your preferences as a host have any bearing on your actions as a player looking for scum?
Shit, is this one of those games where you can't casually converse while you play? :eye:
I suppose my underlying accusation is that boo’s reason for voting Zemmi is frivolous and made-up.
That's more palatable.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 177

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:13 am
speedchuck wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:10 am Hot take: Anyone talking about voting Boo for their desire to policylynch an inactive is scum.

I'm sort of joking, but not entirely. Culture clash, in instances like this, is not a good reason to vote someone. It's perfectly reasonable in some mafia cultures to see a double lynch and be like "Oh, jeez, town can hardly handle one lynch, much less two. Here's a person that needs to be kicked out of the game anyway, to make it easier on the host, more fun for the players, and to make things simpler. Let's go."

And I don't want to hear that I'm reading too much into Boo's vote, because that's exactly what everyone else is doing. Six years ago, on my home sight, I would have absolutely voted Zemmi in this situation.
boo is a syndicate native, fwiw. he just hasn't been around much recently.
Doesn't mean much if the syndicate's changed a bunch.

You guys used to not give victories to dead townies.

But that's a little more fair.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Bored and wired at 2 AM, let's continue doing ISOs
Creature wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:46 pm Checking the game's activity so far I predict a town loss
Creature wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:49 pm Sorry can't do much now
Creature wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:49 pm But I can shittalk
Yeah, that's Creature alright.
Creature wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:07 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:02 pm Creature is scum
Because I'm not being toxic enough?
Some self-awareness. What does self-awareness mean for creature? I don't know.
Creature wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:37 pm
sig wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:35 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:29 pm We are somewhat fucked

Somewhat not
Dw I've basically got the game solved. :srsnod: :beer:
If your solve is what speedchuck got so far then we're completely fucked
Oh, did speed touch a nerve? Again, I don't know. But he voted for sig shortly after this:
Creature wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:46 am Guess I'll have to make it happen

[VOTE: sig] aubergine
Creature wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:15 am
Rej wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:06 am
Creature wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:03 am Oh man oh man oh man

How painful can boredom be?
Do you have some hunches? Some impressions? For example, from some of my posts? Or others like nut/dom or Mac whom you followed up with voting.
I sorta townread your posts actually
Tell me why.

After slapping a similarly non-descript town read on sig, Creature votes for Dragomir because... :shrug:

Scratch that, he does elaborate on that town read a bit here. I guess that's something. I don't really see why sig's post would be unbelievable coming from scum. I don't expect Creature to tell me.
Creature wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:20 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:58 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:57 pm I don't think anyone should be easing up on Creature just because Jack says he's Civ on Day 1. Is that what's happening?
Yes you should. I’ve correctly pegged town Creature on D1 in like four games.

But I didn’t say he was town here. :mafia:
lmao
[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine
Hey, this vote actually appears to make sense in an easily digestible way. If I'm reading the Creature enigma correctly, he thinks LC is trying to concoct some nonsense drama against him, and that warrants a vote. Super cool, I feel proud. I guess I'd even award Creature a townie point for the vote, but it's also easy to read this as an opportunistic vote that just dropped into his lap.

His activity today has been a nondescript vote for me before flaking, which annoys me. I can't do much with this, but that's Creature's MO. I think I've seen both Creature's town and scum games but I can't recall if there was a whole lot of difference between them. I'll lean scum for the sake of choosing a side, but that's a shot in the dark.

[mention]Creature[/mention] can you explain why I'm not town?
Who else would you like to vote for today?
Why is Rej town?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

never mind I have less energy than I thought. meh. DDL looked mostly good when I could keep my eyes open. I'll continue to town read him, but with a little more gusto now. Pre-entrance Sloonei was wrong.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

and a concern before i go: nutella has a long history of suspecting me in most games. But usually these reads are volatile, as is her style, coming and going multiple times in the same day phase. But in this game she's been unwavering. I do not know how I feel about that. In our most recent game together (Australian Murder Mystery) she was mafia and I was town, and she for once did not go after me at all, which was alarming. We've swung to the opposite extreme here. Is it overcompensation? Or is she just starting to pursue reads with more confidence?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Sloonei if you read right after creature's LC vote it was because he thought LC had basically slipped in thinking Jack had called him town, which I thought was dumb because I also had thought Jack had called creature town and did not understand the idea that LC was "caught." I don't get why you think that was such a good vote.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Or maybe I'm the one who misinterpreted it, but from the surrounding posts I thought that's what he meant about LC being "caught." :shrug:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:56 am Sloonei if you read right after creature's LC vote it was because he thought LC had basically slipped in thinking Jack had called him town, which I thought was dumb because I also had thought Jack had called creature town and did not understand the idea that LC was "caught." I don't get why you think that was such a good vote.
that is not how i interpreted it.

linki: :shrug:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:38 am and a concern before i go: nutella has a long history of suspecting me in most games. But usually these reads are volatile, as is her style, coming and going multiple times in the same day phase. But in this game she's been unwavering. I do not know how I feel about that. In our most recent game together (Australian Murder Mystery) she was mafia and I was town, and she for once did not go after me at all, which was alarming. We've swung to the opposite extreme here. Is it overcompensation? Or is she just starting to pursue reads with more confidence?
It's a sign that I'm right. :D
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:58 am
nutella wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:56 am Sloonei if you read right after creature's LC vote it was because he thought LC had basically slipped in thinking Jack had called him town, which I thought was dumb because I also had thought Jack had called creature town and did not understand the idea that LC was "caught." I don't get why you think that was such a good vote.

see these posts immediately following the vote
Creature wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:20 pm Can we make this the most embarrassing a scum got caught?
Creature wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:35 pm Can we please lynch Long Con?

see post 146
(146 is where Jack claims he never said he townread creature)
Creature wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:16 pm It's not necessarily a scumslip but hella scummy it is
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

it can't be that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

for extra context from my pov, Jack's initial posts on creature were a response to ddl's issues saying "have you met creature?" and then explaining that creature has easily distinguishable town and scum games, and to me it certainly seemed to imply at the time that Jack was disagreeing with ddl's reasons for suspecting creature, based on meta, and was therefore probably townreading creature based on meta.
so to me, it was reasonable to assume that Jack had said something to that effect, which is why I found no issue with LC having the same assumption. but it's quite clear that that assumption is what creature took issue with in LC.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:02 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:58 am

see these posts immediately following the vote
Creature wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:20 pm Can we make this the most embarrassing a scum got caught?
Creature wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:35 pm Can we please lynch Long Con?

see post 146
(146 is where Jack claims he never said he townread creature)
Creature wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:16 pm It's not necessarily a scumslip but hella scummy it is
I know, i see all that. Maybe you're right. But my initial interpretation was that Creature felt LC was trying to make up a phony excuse to call him a suspect.
He should comment. Right now, at 3 AM.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:04 am for extra context from my pov, Jack's initial posts on creature were a response to ddl's issues saying "have you met creature?" and then explaining that creature has easily distinguishable town and scum games, and to me it certainly seemed to imply at the time that Jack was disagreeing with ddl's reasons for suspecting creature, based on meta, and was therefore probably townreading creature based on meta.
so to me, it was reasonable to assume that Jack had said something to that effect, which is why I found no issue with LC having the same assumption. but it's quite clear that that assumption is what creature took issue with in LC.
I see. Not strictly relevant, but one of the things I liked in the DDL ISO that I abandoned was the quick turn around in posts 54 & 55, where he went from implying suspicion to implying a town read on Creature without any pressure on Day 0. Scum DDL has no reason to make conflicting posts like that, and it's the sort of thing that's too minute for me to believe it was fabricated.

So I dunno if DDL had definitively expressed suspicion of Creature. But that's a different subject entirely.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 223
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

I don’t really have time to play this game properly with the size and volume it’s at right now, so I’m pretty much just sheeping one of my votes to nutella cause I’m pretty sure she’s town (my other vote is still for zemmi cause if you aren’t gonna play the game then I’m gonna vote for you almost automatically at this stage).
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

This also might fall under the category of “things you think but don’t say,” but fuck it—I’m kinda surprised that there’s been continual suspicion of me to the point that even having read at most a third of the thread I’m aware of it, and yet there’s nobody voting me. Says to me there’s probably scum (Colin) in the people (Colin) sharing me without voting (Colin), cause someone (Colin) is probably trying to set me up in future days for a mis-kill (Colin).
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

(Sig fits that mold too actually but it’s less funny when you use two names)
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:02 am it can't be that.
Oh, it's that. nutella has it 100% right.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 349
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:14 am This also might fall under the category of “things you think but don’t say,” but fuck it—I’m kinda surprised that there’s been continual suspicion of me to the point that even having read at most a third of the thread I’m aware of it, and yet there’s nobody voting me. Says to me there’s probably scum (Colin) in the people (Colin) sharing me without voting (Colin), cause someone (Colin) is probably trying to set me up in future days for a mis-kill (Colin).
I'm not a fan of you in this game but I've mislynched the marmots and wilgys too much to know that persecuting the clown is usually not worth the trouble.

You usually just leave the clown alone and quietly hope they will be solved with investigation/kill abilities so you don't have to figure them out later.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

And besides even though you aren't being very useful I can see a civ thinking the way you are.

So meh.

Fwiw I’ll probably be a bit more serious when the game narrows down more.

I don’t see a problem with having fun until then, this is a game after all 🤷‍♀️
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:14 am Fwiw I’ll probably be a bit more serious when the game narrows down more.

I support your style 100%.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Cool with me too.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DrWilgy »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:25 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:24 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:22 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:18 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:59 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:43 pm Nanook has got to play with wilgy and/or marmot someday
I don't know these names please tell me more about them
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:16 am Image
That's a good lookin cactass
Oh also he fed speed shrimp sensually or something.
It’s impossible for shrimp consumption to not be sensual tbh
This is the truth. Hello Nanook, pleasure to make your acquaintance.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 362
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

What can’t be what? I don’t get what you and Nutella and LC are arguing about here.

Long Con wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:20 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:14 am Fwiw I’ll probably be a bit more serious when the game narrows down more.

I support your style 100%.
<3

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:58 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:25 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:24 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:22 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:18 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:59 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:43 pm Nanook has got to play with wilgy and/or marmot someday
I don't know these names please tell me more about them
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:16 am Image
That's a good lookin cactass
Oh also he fed speed shrimp sensually or something.
It’s impossible for shrimp consumption to not be sensual tbh
This is the truth. Hello Nanook, pleasure to make your acquaintance.
Hello wilgy I’ve heard a lot of good things about you so I’m assuming we’re already friends

In which case I guess I should say hello, old friend
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:24 pm
What can’t be what? I don’t get what you and Nutella and LC are arguing about here.
My alignment. They apparently know something about me that I do not.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I should not spend a lot of time playing mafia today, but i’m also leading in a double lynch poll and have been the entire time. That’s obnoxious, especially when only two of the voters have expressed a reason to vote for me.

Colin looks bad. Tony looks uninspiring. Rej made one reads post and dipped. Let’s look at people who might actually deserve to be lynched today.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Me being right
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:47 pm
Me being right
Humor me and assume I am town. What do you do next?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:48 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:47 pm
Me being right
Humor me and assume I am town. What do you do next?
Probably lynch some set of Tony/Colin/Speed
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:14 pm boo's not stupid. That's not what I meant. My point is I put a vote on boo because I did not have a read on them and had no place else to put it. We all realize that votes are changeable, right? Watch:

I moved my second vote to tony, because his response to me last night was wacky.
I don't like how you are letting pressure from someone else's vote on you change who you are voting for.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Interestingly enough my top two suspects are voting for Tony, whom I also suspect. I figure if Tony is bad then I'm probably wrong about at least one of the two.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Speed actually basically mindmelded with me re: Tony which is p funny
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:52 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:14 pm boo's not stupid. That's not what I meant. My point is I put a vote on boo because I did not have a read on them and had no place else to put it. We all realize that votes are changeable, right? Watch:

I moved my second vote to tony, because his response to me last night was wacky.
I don't like how you are letting pressure from someone else's vote on you change who you are voting for.
The vote was never a strong one anyway, and at the time I thought I was being told that boo only voted for me because I had voted him first. My vote change was more about me rolling my eyes at that notion than “responding to pressure.”
I’ve since realized that that was not the case, but I ISO’d boo and felt more good than bad about him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Rej wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:42 pm didnt knew defenses aren't welcome here
also people can never read me lmao

ayayyy

First the ISO to my voters:

DDL: Has a misinterpretation of things against me. Doesn't like me for reasons. Tho I agree with him on the points against boo. Boo voted Drago off with uss and then he tried to sell us a Zemmi lynch possibility. His vote on boo was well placed, seems town.
Oh and yes Dragon D. Luffy I am a noob, what attracts me in mafia are mechanics and setups and roles, I just admire the mindgaming in the DPs and I can't reach that level yet.
Didn't know or think you were a noob before then and still don't think now. You have more games under your belt than I can count with one hand, that doesn't qualify as noob anymore in my book.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Okay, moving my speed vote to [VOTE: tony] aubergine for now. I still want to lynch sloonei (will feel bad if I turn out to be wrong, but others see it too so it feels right). Currently the second lynch is rej and I don't really feel that, so I'd rather my second vote be somewhere it might make a difference.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:55 pm Speed actually basically mindmelded with me re: Tony which is p funny
Let’s talk about Tony. What’s the strongest point against him. What’s the strongest point in his favor?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I guess sloonei and Tony are probably not w/w so this feels just a little silly. :shrug:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Yeah I'm sure nutella is a civ.

Baddies don't have that level of tunnel vision.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:58 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:55 pm Speed actually basically mindmelded with me re: Tony which is p funny
Let’s talk about Tony. What’s the strongest point against him. What’s the strongest point in his favor?
He responded to you in an overly analytical manner, like he was hyperaware of the implications of his response and went to the opposite extreme by discussing those implications overtly. On the other hand, that could be coming from a town mindset. I have mixed meta perspectives on Tony but the overexplaining feels more like a scum approach imo.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:01 pm Yeah I'm sure nutella is a civ.

Baddies don't have that level of tunnel vision.
I’ve been leaning this way but I could still see an scum nutella pestering me. The tinfoil theory is that she recognized I was vulnerable because of my late entry into the game, and decided to push against me to get my Bargain Bin Jay voice out of Baltimore. But it’d be easier to just nightkill me, so I dunno.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:36 pm
My alignment. They apparently know something about me that I do not.
When did this become about you?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:38 am and a concern before i go: nutella has a long history of suspecting me in most games. But usually these reads are volatile, as is her style, coming and going multiple times in the same day phase. But in this game she's been unwavering. I do not know how I feel about that. In our most recent game together (Australian Murder Mystery) she was mafia and I was town, and she for once did not go after me at all, which was alarming. We've swung to the opposite extreme here. Is it overcompensation? Or is she just starting to pursue reads with more confidence?
Tired of being a gullible-ass basic bitch, perhaps.

(people who are new, the above is a reference, don't be scared)
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

nutella wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:58 pm Okay, moving my speed vote to [VOTE: tony] aubergine for now. I still want to lynch sloonei (will feel bad if I turn out to be wrong, but others see it too so it feels right). Currently the second lynch is rej and I don't really feel that, so I'd rather my second vote be somewhere it might make a difference.
Re: parenthetical: Maybe I'm thinking about this all wrong. Maybe there are scum latching onto my tunnel and are more than happy to off a vocal town sloonei.

I've entered the paranoid stage. Help
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:03 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:58 pm
He responded to you in an overly analytical manner, like he was hyperaware of the implications of his response and went to the opposite extreme by discussing those implications overtly. On the other hand, that could be coming from a town mindset. I have mixed meta perspectives on Tony but the overexplaining feels more like a scum approach imo.
I’d also add that he has a lot of reads that just exist without context or substance. I get that he’s been busy, but he has the feel of a player who’s hiding behind that fact to stay safe. His scum game in Fallout was fantastic, but that was when he was fully engaged with the game. He has been a shadow in here.

[mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention] whenever you can get on it would help if you could explain any of the reads you’ve already expressed in this game. Please and thanks.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”