The Wire Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Who's keeping it boring and killing police?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:59 pm

Dragon D. Luffy
No votes
Jackofhearts2005
7%
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
7%
sig
20%
Turnip Head
No votes
Prop Joe (Host/Non/Dead)
67%

Total votes: 15
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: The Wire Mafia

Post by nutella »

nutella wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:08 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:58 pm Okay, moving my speed vote to [VOTE: tony] aubergine for now. I still want to lynch sloonei (will feel bad if I turn out to be wrong, but others see it too so it feels right). Currently the second lynch is rej and I don't really feel that, so I'd rather my second vote be somewhere it might make a difference.
Re: parenthetical: Maybe I'm thinking about this all wrong. Maybe there are scum latching onto my tunnel and are more than happy to off a vocal town sloonei.

I've entered the paranoid stage. Help
Mmm except everyone voting for sloonei are like all my top town reads so nahhh
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 349
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:11 am
nutella wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:04 am for extra context from my pov, Jack's initial posts on creature were a response to ddl's issues saying "have you met creature?" and then explaining that creature has easily distinguishable town and scum games, and to me it certainly seemed to imply at the time that Jack was disagreeing with ddl's reasons for suspecting creature, based on meta, and was therefore probably townreading creature based on meta.
so to me, it was reasonable to assume that Jack had said something to that effect, which is why I found no issue with LC having the same assumption. but it's quite clear that that assumption is what creature took issue with in LC.
I see. Not strictly relevant, but one of the things I liked in the DDL ISO that I abandoned was the quick turn around in posts 54 & 55, where he went from implying suspicion to implying a town read on Creature without any pressure on Day 0. Scum DDL has no reason to make conflicting posts like that, and it's the sort of thing that's too minute for me to believe it was fabricated.

So I dunno if DDL had definitively expressed suspicion of Creature. But that's a different subject entirely.
If you are curious my current read on Creature is a big DUNNO.

He's like the anti-nanook. Instead of being the resident clown, he's the resident party pooper. Neither are playing the game a lot. I could lynch Creature first because Nanook is more fun, tbh.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 374
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:06 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:36 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:24 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:02 am it can't be that.
What can’t be what? I don’t get what you and Nutella and LC are arguing about here.
My alignment. They apparently know something about me that I do not.
When did this become about you?
At the beginning?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:10 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:58 pm Okay, moving my speed vote to [VOTE: tony] aubergine for now. I still want to lynch sloonei (will feel bad if I turn out to be wrong, but others see it too so it feels right). Currently the second lynch is rej and I don't really feel that, so I'd rather my second vote be somewhere it might make a difference.
Re: parenthetical: Maybe I'm thinking about this all wrong. Maybe there are scum latching onto my tunnel and are more than happy to off a vocal town sloonei.

Creature and nanook are top town reads?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:40 pm Colin looks bad.
Did I miss something
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:12 pm
Did I miss something
My ISO, I assume
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

nutella wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:49 pm
What do you do next?
Probably some set of Tony/Colin/Speed
Kinky.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:11 pm

Creature and nanook are top town reads?
I mean I could be wrong about them but they're up there yeah
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:12 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:12 pm
Did I miss something
My ISO, I assume
Oh yeah I usually don't read those.

Brb.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Boo and LC definitely stronger on that front though
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

However if you (sloonei) are town that nullifies part of my reason for townreading LC (but certainly not all of it, especially since if you are town I'd put some stock in your reads)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:13 pm Boo and LC definitely stronger on that front though
I’m inclined to agree about boo, but I’m reconsidering LC at the moment. His most recent post looked like pure blind antagonism toward me.

Why do you townread Creature and nanook?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:15 pm However if you (sloonei) are town that nullifies part of my reason for townreading LC (but certainly not all of it, especially since if you are town I'd put some stock in your reads)
Go on
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:15 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:13 pm Boo and LC definitely stronger on that front though
I’m inclined to agree about boo, but I’m reconsidering LC at the moment. His most recent post looked like pure blind antagonism toward me.

Why do you townread Creature and nanook?
Ok, fair enough

Mostly vague meta/tone/gut fuzzy feelings
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

nutella wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:15 pm However if you (sloonei) are town that nullifies part of my reason for townreading LC (but certainly not all of it, especially since if you are town I'd put some stock in your reads)
Go on
Just cause I thought you were buddying him.

But yeah he could fool me for sure
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I've found recently that I'm good at reading Jay instinctively and I'm trying to see if I can do the same with Sloonei since they are more or less the same person.

The trick is that when Jay feels like he's supatowning, he's doing exactly that. You can feel the maniac drive for figuring everything out coming from his posts. Scum Jay can mimic the method, but he can't mimic that feeling.

I'm kind of getting that feeling from Sloonei too. He's a bit confused, but damn he's giving the vibe that he wants to figure this game out.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I kinda feel like I'm being gaslit somehow but idk by whom. Probably myself. :scared:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:17 pm

I've found recently that I'm good at reading Jay instinctively and I'm trying to see if I can do the same with Sloonei since they are more or less the same person.

The trick is that when Jay feels like he's supatowning, he's doing exactly that. You can feel the maniac drive for figuring everything out coming from his posts. Scum Jay can mimic the method, but he can't mimic that feeling.

I'm kind of getting that feeling from Sloonei too. He's a bit confused, but damn he's giving the vibe that he wants to figure this game out.
That's my fear as the game goes on and sloonei does more and more work. I felt strongly that he was scum early on when be wasn't doing much, and then for a while I thought he was trying to look like he was going stuff but in an actually pretty lazy way, but now I'm wondering if I can righteously continue thinking he's not putting in real solving effort.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:16 pm
Go on
Just cause I thought you were buddying him.

But yeah he could fool me for sure
I hate that angle. I’m always town reading people on Day 1. LC appeared to be a stable voice in an unstable thread at the end of Day 1, so I slapped a town read on him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:48 pm Colin is next on the list and he was relevant to boo's iso. Looking at all his posts except the one boo pointed out
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:05 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:21 am
sig wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:36 am Also rip Mac voting for me, nothing new there. He can't read me worth a damn.
Straight for that card ay.

Anywho so far Creature and Rej are top town reads. I think Nutella is also town. I'd like to see fellow towns towning a bit harder.

I think we're also looking at wolfjay lol. I know he says he's busy but I can't help but feel if he was town he'd have used the posts he has made for more townie purposes. More FPS to see what happens less "please hold for assistance.

Jack worries me. Speedchuck also.

But Dragomir doing the ol' "hello fellow townies" thing can take some scrutiny for now.
Right on all counts imo. Although nutella/speed argument feels contrived right now
Wholesale agreement with Day 1 Mac, and an added read about nutella and speedchuck. Okay.
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:10 pm
Dragomir wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:07 pm Mac and Rej are bad.
I like Mac so far but Rej is pinging me slightly in a purely tone/gut way.
The prior post suggested a town read on Mac. It also suggested he agreed with Mac's town read on Rej. This post is a statement which directly contradicts that position. :ponder:
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:25 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:02 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:46 am I've never watched The Wire. Is there anything I need to know?
A few of DDL’s posts bugged me while I was skimming earlier. His entrance was the first of them. Concerns about flavor knowledge interfering with one’s involvement in the game are almost always unfounded. I don’t believe in the authenticity of this question as an introductory post. It looks awkward.
Ooh I like this
Thanks. Do you still like it?
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:38 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:02 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:38 pm
boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:58 pm And Colin doesn't strike me as someone who pays exceptionally close attention to the thread as a whole, so that he references that (and even answers the question) seems like it has a decent possibility of being prompted by BTSC.

I'm gonna [VOTE: ColinIsCool] aubergine.
that's a very broad and bold statement to make about colin, and one i don't like tbh. he read enough to give his 2 cents on the nutella/speedchuck episode, and jay's post was literally the first one which illustrates his lack of interest in the game. not far fetched that colin saw it and saw the tone at all.

reaching case, especially to imply that colin came in and blurted tmi from jay who would be complaining in scum chat (jay doesn't do that).

if i didn't have nutella in light green, on my very nice rainbow READS, i would vote her for liking this poop.
I don't specifically care for the implication that Jay was complaining in btsc. Just the general idea that they could be teammates and Colin was hyperaware that Jay wasn't up to living up to his usual meta. Like, that much was implied in Jay's post, but Colin ascribed particular importance to it in bringing up Jay for the hypothetical vig question.
I don’t know if I can find a way to believe that you believe this weird convoluted backstory to the most flippant post I’ve made all game
nutella shade. Is there boo shade? There should also be boo shade if there's nutella shade.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:40 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:39 pm Nanook is having too much fun to be town
Tell me more.
I guess Sig kinda said what I was thinking above in that big post of his but he used words good instead
This exists. I used to be very wary of players who went after Wilgy for being Wilgy early in games. Nanook is wilgy 2.0.
That's not to say I specifically town read nanook right now, but he is a player whose style invites easy suspicion, so I like to look out for players who take that bait.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:07 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:04 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:03 pm
boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:02 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:01 pm [VOTE: boo] aubergine because I want him to take firm stance on something in this game. Go go go.
I still want to lynch Colin.
Go ahead :beer:
Gimme a read on boo.
I give him towncred for that whole weird suspicion of me. It’s not correct but I think it comes from the right mindset of actually trying to find things and it’s the right amount of paranoid.
What is the difference between nutella's support for this case and boo's suggestion of this case?
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:35 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:27 pm For everyone who is here: Present Dom is not on the poll. Who do you vote for?
Leaning toward Nanook tbh but I can be persuaded of most anything at this juncture
I have no memory of this post. I'm guessing it came at a very busy moment in the day, cause I should have received a notification. Anyway, see my above point about nanook.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:50 pm Fuck it

[VOTE: Dom] aubergine

If he’s town I can analyze all the other jabronis who started the wagon and if he’s scum I can try to find out who tried to lead us astray
Based on the timing, this is probably the last vote on the Dom train. We now know it was incorrect. Bleh.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:04 pm I’m at peace with this, in case any of you were worried about me.
A guilty conscience leaking jokes to appear cool?

There is more bad than good here. I do this all the time, but: [VOTE: ColinIsCool] aubergine
Could vote here. Could also vote TSP.

Still wanna vote Rej and feel like lynching Sig, tho.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 177

Post by speedchuck »

I'd be cool with a Colin vote.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I’m not totally clear on why rej has all those votes. That’s not me saying he’s a town read, and obviously I voted for him as well earlier. But I was looking for him to give reads. I’m unclear on why the rest of the votes exist.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

:phew: Let me get this straight:

Your townread on LC makes you more sure of Sloonei's scumness, but the townread on LC is also dependent on Sloonei buddying a town LC
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

My primary concern about a Colin lynch is that I’ve accused him of being the low-lying scum in about 75% of the games we’ve played together recently. But this time I feel like there is at least some substantial evidence going against him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:25 pm

Your townread on LC makes you more sure of Sloonei's scumness, but the townread on LC is also dependent on Sloonei buddying a town LC
Dunno where you got the first clause from
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

nutella wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:20 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:17 pm

That's my fear as the game goes on and sloonei does more and more work. I felt strongly that he was scum early on when be wasn't doing much, and then for a while I thought he was trying to look like he was going stuff but in an actually pretty lazy way, but now I'm wondering if I can righteously continue thinking he's not putting in real solving effort.
It's not about the amount of effort. Any scum can make 10 ISOs and GTHs and [insert acronym here] and ask a million questions to someone.

The thing about Jay is that when town he is desperate to win. He talks and talks because he is deadly afraid of being wrong and wants to consider all the possibilities, all the time. He can't leave anyone alone. His life depends on it. It's GoC Finals, every game, and he HAS to win.

The problem is that in my TS career, I've actually not played many games with Sloonei compared to Jay, and maybe only 1 or 2 games where Sloonei was bad and I lived enough to see it. I'm projecting Jay into someone who looks like Jay while not being 100% sure of it. Sloonei doesn't have QUITE the same level of desperation Jay usually does. He's a little more casual about this. Which makes this whole theory a big foggier with him.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

But like, kinda?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:28 pm
speedchuck wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:25 pm

Dunno where you got the first clause from

SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh that. Well, ok. I'll have to look at when and why LC voted for sloonei
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I meant mafia championship finals.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I don't think my playstyle has ever been described as casual before. :grin:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:30 pm Oh that. Well, ok. I'll have to look at when and why LC voted for sloonei
Right at the beginning of the day, because I "buddied him."
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:33 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:30 pm Oh that. Well, ok. I'll have to look at when and why LC voted for sloonei
Before my vote even, or no?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:34 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:33 pm
Before my vote even, or no?
i dunno, it was all happening so fast
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

No I think I was still first lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I feel like I have to apologize for saying to Sloonei that I skipped his ISOs but after spending years skipping most walls of text and pretending I didn't, this is liberating. Anyway, sorry.

My enjoyment of this game lately has been very dependant on reducing the duration of the catch up period as much as possible and actually interact with people and make posts.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:36 pm No I think I was still first lol
you've been voting sloonei since before it was cool
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I don't like how Jack seems to have disappeared recently.

Or rather not been very engaged or interested in the game overall, despite having a decent number of posts.

What do people feel about Jack?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:39 pm I feel like I have to apologize for saying to Sloonei that I skipped his ISOs but after spending years skipping most walls of text and pretending I didn't, this is liberating. Anyway, sorry.

My enjoyment of this game lately has been very dependant on reducing the duration of the catch up period as much as possible and actually interact with people and make posts.
There is no need to apologize. When I write those big walls of text, I do so with the assumption that no one will actually be reading them unless they absolutely have to. I'd rather you skip it than be bored to death by it. It is boring and I skip over them too.
I'm as anti-catch-up as anybody, so I support all of this.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:41 pm I don't like how Jack seems to have disappeared recently.

Or rather not been very engaged or interested in the game overall, despite having a decent number of posts.

Yeah I'm uneasy about him. Similarly dunya
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:41 pm I don't like how Jack seems to have disappeared recently.

Absolutely nothing. I think I gave him one townie point when I was ISOing somebody else last night, but I can't say that I've had any memorable interactions with Jack this game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

"decent"

He's third place in posts, actually.

I think he did stuff in this game but it didn't really leave a mark. I guess he bickered a lot with dunya? Who is another player who vanished recently. But at least I was reading her as civ.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:42 pm

Yeah I'm uneasy about him. Similarly dunya
I still maintain that dunya forgetting to fall asleep because of this game was a strong town tell. I have no read based on the actual content of her posts though. I don't think she's really been back since then.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Dunya, a.k.a Jay #3, also has that feeling of desperation oozing from her posts. It's just that she's forcing herself not to be active, and for once it seems she's actually pulling it off.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I'll sheep nutella's vote on Tony, since she's widely townread. [VOTE: Tony] aubergine (<unvote>) BOO
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'm about to vote for Jack and I realize the only person voting for him is my other vote, Rej.

Well, YOLO

[VOTE: Jack] aubergine
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:45 pm Dunya, a.k.a Jay #3, also has that feeling of desperation oozing from her posts. It's just that she's forcing herself not to be active, and for once it seems she's actually pulling it off.
What's my Jay number?? :p XD
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:47 pm I'll sheep nutella's vote on Tony, since she's widely townread. [VOTE: Tony] aubergine (<unvote>) BOO
Do you have any non-sheep reads? Besides the one about me buddying you.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 362
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:13 pm Why I’m voting for colin
I don’t get the part where you said there should be Boo shade.

Return to “Previous Jobs”