The Wire Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Who's keeping it boring and killing police?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:59 pm

Dragon D. Luffy
No votes
Jackofhearts2005
7%
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
7%
sig
20%
Turnip Head
No votes
Prop Joe (Host/Non/Dead)
67%

Total votes: 15
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: The Wire Mafia

Post by Turnip Head »

dunya and turnip bff's?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 349
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:45 pm jack and sloonei w/w? o.O
Could be. Sloonei seemed very on the fence about Jack regarding the Rej thing.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 245

Post by dunya »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:50 pm dunya and turnip bff's?
always and forever <3
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i dont feel confident about sloonei tonight. i am struggling to read jack this game but he's been more useless than not and i don't get why he's acting like this. like, i can't think of one notable thing he did that was done in an attempt to "solve" the game but i see a lot of shit posting.

i still don't really like LC, he could be a 3p, i suppose. could i see sloonei and LC w/w? that's another question.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:00 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:45 pm jack and sloonei w/w? o.O
Could be. Sloonei seemed very on the fence about Jack regarding the Rej thing.
so you said you were gonna check out people giving you a townread. who is giving you town reads?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:02 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:00 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:58 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:58 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:53 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:50 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:47 pm
Okay so why me instead of colin?
You flipping scum 85% clears boo and Colin for me. You flipping town makes Colin near-confirmed scum imo, and boo pretty high on the list.

Colin flipping scum semi-clears just you, and him flipping town just makes you near-confirmed scum.

Your votes yesterday are also scummier than Colin's, just by dent of mattering more.
Fuck lynching for information. Vote for the player you suspect more. Why the hell are my votes worse than Colin’s? We’be been over why I voted the way I did a dozen times already.
I do think you’re more likely scum, and I said that.

Your votes are more pro-scum than colins. A wasted vote on speedchuck is less useful for scum than your votes.
My votes were pinned in place by boo.
If you flip town I’ll take that into consideration.

Without knowing your alignment it means exactly nothing. If you’re town maybe you feel cornered and like you have to take the deal, if you’re Mafia you’re obviously happy to take it. It’s meaningless wrt determining your alignment. What is meaningful is how you voted, more than how you got to the votes you did.
What? I voted the way I did for self-preservation first and foremost and I’ve been upfront about that. Colin was my preferred choice, as I’ve said. I still maintain that he’s a suspect. But I could not vote where I wanted to vote, and to ignore that right here and now is unhelpful.
i mean, according to the rainbow you did, colin wasn't the "preferred" choice. you even placed me before colin.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:55 pm @Turnip Head and @ColinIsCool both have pointless votes right now.

Though I guess speedchuck has been a fringe suspect for some, so maybe colin’s is less of a waste. But I don’t see speed as a viable wagon today.
re: speedchuck

do you think his conversation with rej absolves him completely from being bad with rej like you were suggesting yesterday?

because his vote on colin was stinky. i hated it. i hated how he sheeped DDL's reason and went with it. doesn't seem like a speed thing to do. speed is slippery and hasn't been around much to engage us and fall into any back and forth since that rej episode tbh so if i had to use a word to descrive his play it would be "safe". that doesn't fill me with confidence.

on further reflection, speed is a top suspect to dunya regardless of how he voted rej. sometimes we're forced to fall into that pit and can't dig ourselves out of an accidental bus (hi macdougall).
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

hi [mention]Creature[/mention] whats up
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

just wanna say, i'm really enjoying this game even if i'm sucking. not being crazy about a mafia game means you can sit back and get actual joy from it. wild. never knew it possible. :p
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 374
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:19 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:02 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:00 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:58 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:58 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:53 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:50 pm

You flipping scum 85% clears boo and Colin for me. You flipping town makes Colin near-confirmed scum imo, and boo pretty high on the list.

Colin flipping scum semi-clears just you, and him flipping town just makes you near-confirmed scum.

Your votes yesterday are also scummier than Colin's, just by dent of mattering more.
Fuck lynching for information. Vote for the player you suspect more. Why the hell are my votes worse than Colin’s? We’be been over why I voted the way I did a dozen times already.
I do think you’re more likely scum, and I said that.

Your votes are more pro-scum than colins. A wasted vote on speedchuck is less useful for scum than your votes.
My votes were pinned in place by boo.
If you flip town I’ll take that into consideration.

Without knowing your alignment it means exactly nothing. If you’re town maybe you feel cornered and like you have to take the deal, if you’re Mafia you’re obviously happy to take it. It’s meaningless wrt determining your alignment. What is meaningful is how you voted, more than how you got to the votes you did.
What? I voted the way I did for self-preservation first and foremost and I’ve been upfront about that. Colin was my preferred choice, as I’ve said. I still maintain that he’s a suspect. But I could not vote where I wanted to vote, and to ignore that right here and now is unhelpful.
i mean, according to the rainbow you did, colin wasn't the "preferred" choice. you even placed me before colin.
That rainbow was based purely on rej interactions. It was not a general reads list, hence why it was incomplete. I maintained some suspicion of colin for other things, which I also talked about.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 374
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I’m mostly unavailable til friday, if I make it til then. Don’t lynch me and keep doing things.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 65

Post by ColinIsCool »

Lmao what the fuck
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 362
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:16 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:57 am At least Long Con is a tricky player with a hard to pin down meta. I don’t know why we lynched Colin.

I specifically don’t know why Speedchuck lynched Colin.

Sloonei self preservation. Same for LC and I wasn’t paying too much attention to him tbh (and not cause we’re wolves this time). DDL probably had a reason. He’s been very open with his thought process which is part of why I townread him so much. Nanook was on the Sloonei or Colin kick and voting Sloonei. Idk if he read my post.

Speedchuck read my post. He called it spicy and voted Sloonei but then switched to Colin and I don’t get it.

So I guess it’s not a mystery except 3 players I townread not listening to me. :disappoint:
No. Sloonei did not vote Colin for self-preservation. Sloonei was at four votes and I was at five. Sloonei switched to Colin so that he could lynch a Civ, and then have Long Con lined up for tomorrow.

Now you are trying to handwave Sloonei's actions away with three little words that are patently, blatantly, false.
:evileye:

What part of me pushing to lynch Sloonei today and bitching about how we lynched Colin instead of Sloonei makes it look like I’m trying to handwave Sloonei’s actions?

I already explained how Colin can’t be a wolf unless he’s wolves with Sloonei. Sloonei voting him is a scumclaim anyway.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:12 pm i dont feel confident about sloonei tonight. i am struggling to read jack this game but he's been more useless than not and i don't get why he's acting like this. like, i can't think of one notable thing he did that was done in an attempt to "solve" the game but i see a lot of shit posting.

i still don't really like LC, he could be a 3p, i suppose. could i see sloonei and LC w/w? that's another question.
For fuck sake.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I’d like to thank everyone for putting to rest my fears about getting nightkilled and then seeing Sloonei skate. 🤦🏻‍♂️
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 177

Post by sig »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:16 am I hope you guys are proud of yourselves tbh
You were the last second switch to Collin though. :ponder:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

sig wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 4:56 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:16 am I hope you guys are proud of yourselves tbh
Also yes, yes I am very proud of myself. :beer:
ImageImage
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 223
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Yeah it was him or LC, my thinking was I don’t really have any reason to think LC is scum (actually I had reason to think he’s town if sloonei is scum), so killing LC likely just means another dead townie with no real game progression, at least Colin outs sloonei if he flips town.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I think it’s not hard to follow that progression if you’ve been paying attention to what I’ve been saying 🤷‍♀️
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

On top of that (Trying to phase out my also for longer words ergo on top of that)

Also since I won't be around much for this night and in case someone tries to kill me I'm gonna lay down the law.

1. Lynch LC, It is the way. :cloud9:
2. Hold on Sloonie, he keeps almost getting lynching, but the last second swoop for LC by Nanook is questionable. :feb:
3. Sloonie/LC one is mafia, but doubtful both are. :dark:
4. Circle back to people who are here, but doing nothing and those who weren't around for EOD that's where we'll probably find one scuddy of Rej. :mafia:
5. Why 4? Simple wagonmics, if it was a team of 3 and all were around they'd have probably tried to save Rej, but that didn't happen meaning only part of the team was around and didn't wanna risk it. :keys:
6. If LC flips mafia nanook is the next lynch hands down. :noble:
7. Lynch LC. :charlieblackmon:
8. Refer back to points 1-4. :srsnod:
9. Thank Sig for solving the game in 9 easy steps and don't lynch or try to NK him since he's tired of not making it to end game. :clap:
10. :hug: :beer: :hugs:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:00 pm
Yeah it was him or LC, my thinking was I don’t really have any reason to think LC is scum (actually I had reason to think he’s town if sloonei is scum), so killing LC likely just means another dead townie with no real game progression, at least Colin outs sloonei if he flips town.
How so?
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

And i don't believe in reading it's a tool of the patriarchy ergo I refuse to participate in it.
ImageImage

sig wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:04 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:00 pm
How so?
I’m not interested in repeating why there was very likely scum between sloonei and Colin ad infinitum
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

> Sig says he wants to use longer words
>> Uses a plethora of emojis
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

sig wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:03 pm On top of that (Trying to phase out my also for longer words ergo on top of that)

Also since I won't be around much for this night and in case someone tries to kill me I'm gonna lay down the law.

2. Hold on Sloonie, he keeps almost getting lynching, but the last second swoop for LC by Nanook is questionable. :feb:
4. Circle back to people who are here, but doing nothing and those who weren't around for EOD that's where we'll probably find one scuddy of Rej. :mafia:
5. Why 4? Simple wagonmics, if it was a team of 3 and all were around they'd have probably tried to save Rej, but that didn't happen meaning only part of the team was around and didn't wanna risk it. :keys:
9. Thank Sig for solving the game in 9 easy steps and don't lynch or try to NK him since he's tired of not making it to end game. :clap:
You will die tonight to frame me.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:45 pm
sig wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:03 pm On top of that (Trying to phase out my also for longer words ergo on top of that)

See pre point 1.

I can't be killed at this time. Pluuuuuuuuuuus it wouldn't be framing if you were mafia.

If anything you're going to try and kill me then turn around and say something like.

"Oh no the mafia, who isn't me, killed sig all in an attempt to frame me poor innocent LC."

Or something like that. :llama:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:42 pm > Sig says he wants to use longer words
>> Uses a plethora of emojis
:ninja:
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

sig wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:50 pm

See pre point 1.

I can't be killed at this time. Pluuuuuuuuuuus it wouldn't be framing if you were mafia.

If anything you're going to try and kill me then turn around and say something like.

"Oh no the mafia, who isn't me, killed sig all in an attempt to frame me poor innocent LC."

Or something like that. :llama:
I guess we'll see.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 349
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

The only thing more WIFOM-y than Night Kill Analysis is prediction of it.

And the only thing more WIFOM-y than that is prediction of Night Kill Analysis made by Long Con.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Look, I'm just regular. No WIFOM, no funny business.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:54 pm The only thing more WIFOM-y than Night Kill Analysis is prediction of it.

And the only thing more WIFOM-y than that is prediction of Night Kill Analysis made by Long Con.
Hahaha

So let's see how long I can stay awake for tonite
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Long Con / speedchuck both bad. Does that relationship work?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Why is sig not bad?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:50 pm

Why is sig not bad?
LC scumslip #2
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:24 pm Long Con / speedchuck both bad. Does that relationship work?
I think I'm the same alignment as LC, so sure. The relationship works. But it's a loving relationship, not an insidious one.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:51 pm

Why is sig not bad?
LC scumslip #2
:rolleyes:
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Why is sig not bad?
Counterpoint: Why is sig not good.
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Damn it, I've been checking the thread since 9 as if that were the end of night. Let's use tomorrow night to move it back up.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Wait what? Is the thread not opening tonight?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I misread that and also different time zones.

One hour to go? If I die, Sloonei is a wolf. I mean, he’s a wolf anyway but in case I’m not around to say it...
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 35

Post by novaselinenever »

Boo [Cedric Daniels] has been killed.
You are Cedric Daniels!
"I’ll swallow a lie when I have to. I’ve swallowed a few big ones, lately, but the stat game? That lie? That’s what ruined this department."

[Lieutenant] - You have been given command of the Barksdale detail, and you're not afraid to risk your career to protect it or your subordinates. Each night, you may target a player and protect them from actions that night.

Wincon - Eliminate all threats to Town

Day 4 starts.
You have 48 hours to decide on a lynch.

[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine

To be clear I'm vote parking and not seriously discussing anything until this kill goes through.

Happy to shoot the shit or talk theory, though.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

30 min late...

“Oh yeah, I actually have to vote for him.”
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:04 am [VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine
Are you also vote parking?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't wanna vote park but I also don't want to fly off the rails in the last hour of the lynch
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Creature for a contrarian wagon
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:45 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:04 am [VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine
Are you also vote parking?
Let’s say Sloonei is my top suspect by a pretty decent margin.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[VOTE: sloonei] aubergine

Return to “Previous Jobs”