The Wire Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Who's keeping it boring and killing police?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:59 pm

Dragon D. Luffy
No votes
Jackofhearts2005
7%
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
7%
sig
20%
Turnip Head
No votes
Prop Joe (Host/Non/Dead)
67%

Total votes: 15
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 349
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: The Wire Mafia

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

[mention]Turnip Head[/mention]
[mention]sig[/mention]
[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention]
[mention]Creature[/mention]
[mention]Sloonei[/mention]

Do you townread dunya and if yes how strongly
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

We need to talk about dunya.

We are talking about everyone besides dunya.

Fix that, civilians.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 245

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:24 pm The reasons are simple.

You are coasting and generally staying under the radar.

That's succesful bad play.
sorry, but this isn't a high density game and dunya has changed. also, end of days / night being at 4-5am my time are no a go, i have a big job and am not allowed to look like an undead zombie at work. so i'm not around when all the good stuff is happening. i'm not coasting, i'm just not stressing and instead actually enjoying my time. i am being honest with what i feel when i feel it, and open with my reads, and responsive to everyone. i am not hiding or lurking.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:27 pm

sorry, but this isn't a high density game and dunya has changed. also, end of days / night being at 4-5am my time are no a go, i have a big job and am not allowed to look like an undead zombie at work. so i'm not around when all the good stuff is happening. i'm not coasting, i'm just not stressing and instead actually enjoying my time. i am being honest with what i feel when i feel it, and open with my reads, and responsive to everyone. i am not hiding or lurking.
You always seem to think I'm talking about your level of activity.

I don't care about your activity.

I'm talking about how you are the least important player in the game right now in the eyes of other players, and how that doesn't make sense, especially because you are being reasonably active.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[ytubehd][/ytubehd]
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:25 pm If you were doing that and there were like 3 people saying you were bad, I'd be less worried.

But the fact nobody is picking up that role, literally nobody, including the 2-3 mafia who should be itching for people who jump on, makes me think they are ignoring you on purpose.
perhaps because i was townreading the scum. if sloonei is bad, why would he press on me being bad? i was like his only big voice supporter for the past 2 phases.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:29 pm

I'm talking about how you are the least important player in the game right now in the eyes of other players, and how that doesn't make sense, especially because you are being reasonably active.
well words like "coasting" and staying under the radar generally imply lurking or a downplay in activity. what have i done to alarm you other than not be a vocal talking point amongst other players (and i'm not the only one, go down the players list and tell me all of them have gotten heat?)?

who's questioned turnip? why is sig town? why is speed not being pressured more despite being pretty low in action this game? why is nanook never been on the chopping block despite trolling the first few phases of the game?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:30 pm [ytubehd][/ytubehd]
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:25 pm If you were doing that and there were like 3 people saying you were bad, I'd be less worried.

But the fact nobody is picking up that role, literally nobody, including the 2-3 mafia who should be itching for people who jump on, makes me think they are ignoring you on purpose.
perhaps because i was townreading the scum. if sloonei is bad, why would he press on me being bad? i was like his only big voice supporter for the past 2 phases.
You are grossly underestimating Sloonei if you think he would townread someone just for defending him.

And besides, aren't you voting for him right now? Since when are you his white knight?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:34 pm

You are grossly underestimating Sloonei if you think he would townread someone just for defending him.

And besides, aren't you voting for him right now? Since when are you his white knight?
have you even been reading my posts? i have been town sloonei since end of night 1. go back and read.

and no, i'm not "underestimating" sloonei. you're underestimating my value as an ally when i'm town and he's scum.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

a scum sloonei doesn't not kill a town dunya when town dunya is defending him to the hoards and literally saying a few times she'll vote someone she isn't sure is bad just to save sloonei (TSP). a scum sloonei does not kill a town dunya who aligns with him in trying to lynch LC.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:33 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:29 pm

well words like "coasting" and staying under the radar generally imply lurking or a downplay in activity. what have i done to alarm you other than not be a vocal talking point amongst other players (and i'm not the only one, go down the players list and tell me all of them have gotten heat?)?

who's questioned turnip? why is sig town? why is speed not being pressured more despite being pretty low in action this game? why is nanook never been on the chopping block despite trolling the first few phases of the game?
Okay, sorry for not using the right words.

Anyway, you are thr 5th highest poster, 4th if you exclude nutella. Someone, somewhere, should have nitpicked something you said by now and declared war on you. It should happen in this site. It's not happening.

I'm not seeing a horde of people defending yoyu, either. They just don't talk about you.

And you are you. Look at how Sloonei has been producing constant paranoia just for being him. Look at how much discussion Jay generated with a single post. You are that type of player. People don't simply feel safe about reading you. I know I can't read you easily myself.

As for nanook, he's my top town read right now. I can't speak for others, but might be worth looking into as well.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:36 pm

have you even been reading my posts? i have been town sloonei since end of night 1. go back and read.

and no, i'm not "underestimating" sloonei. you're underestimating my value as an ally when i'm town and he's scum.
Why are you throwing him under the bus now, then?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

why the hell is nanook your top town read lmao.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:39 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:36 pm

Why are you throwing him under the bus now, then?
because i feel he isn't genuine in solving the game, and his vote for colin instead of LC yesterday was pretty gross among other things. but i couldn't shake the bad feeling i got from waking up and seeing sloonei voted for colin when he could have lynched LC... so yeah, i am getting the same vibes i did during night 1: his questions were empty then and i saw no town motive behind his posts, they were very safe. he isn't showing me resolve towards actual game solving that i expect of sloonei now either. i am not talking about quantity, either; he has the most posts in the game. i'm talking about actual content he believes leads us to somewhere...a point of making more informed reads. his own reads developing. his mia handling of me and easy town read of me "under no circumstances will i lynch dunya today" felt like such a buddying move and sloonei is a skeptical player. i am not convinced by him and i don't feel like he is convinced in his posts either.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

town sloonei doesn't give this version of dunya a pass until day 4 (it is day 4 right?) town sloonei would have butted heads with dunya way before now and we would have ripped each other's heads off then stitched them back together.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

thank you for this ddl. this is still fun and i get a kick from it. i guess part of me misses being more intense about a game. alas, time and energy constraints still exsist.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:40 pm why the hell is nanook your top town read lmao.
I fought the guy.

I think he seriously believes all that stuff he said.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Actually my issue is less with you and more with the way the thread is treating you.

But in that Firefly game I called both Golden and TH as scum despite not being able to point a finger on why, just because of interaction arithmetics and a theory on them bussing each other. It's not impossible.

(and I still got lynched in their place, in lylo. meh)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:53 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:40 pm why the hell is nanook your top town read lmao.
I fought the guy.

can't he strongly believe in a mafia principle and still be scum, though? i don't see why strong convictions make him town. it just means he's stubborn to me ;)
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:57 pm
I fought the guy.

can't he strongly believe in a mafia principle and still be scum, though? i don't see why strong convictions make him town. it just means he's stubborn to me ;)
How strong is your bad read on him?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:00 pm
I fought the guy.

he's barely given me actual content to critique. i have no reason to town read him and that's what worries me most since i have at least 1 reason to townread every other living player.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 362
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:26 pm @Turnip Head
@sig
@Jackofhearts2005
@Creature
@Sloonei

Nein.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i can see sloonei being teammates with nanook or LC easily. i also havent forgotten sloonei's soft defence of speedchuck to me and before me to nutella (on the similar issue of rej's question) where he adds a disclaimer "this doesnt mean i think speedchuck is wrong or right, but...". i generally feel scum add more disclaimers like those to appear neutral and not trigger any alarms in people's minds.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:04 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:26 pm @Turnip Head
@sig
@Jackofhearts2005
@Creature
@Sloonei

Nein.
i think you mean "oui", you're just very bad at languages. :suspish:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

it's killing me how we can't roleplay in this game.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

We I do think oui ought to lynch Dunya after Sloonei.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:12 pm We I do think oui ought to lynch Dunya after Sloonei.
why?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

also, unlike you, i am literally never lynched. in all my mafia career, just once because of sig. that's with like 8 years of playing mafia lol.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

(as a townie, i mean)
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:15 pm also, unlike you, i am literally never lynched. in all my mafia career, just once because of sig. that's with like 8 years of playing mafia lol.
I’ve lynched 7 wolves this year who tried to lynch me D1 or D2. :charlieblackmon:

Also, none of the times I was lynch count for various reasons. :noble:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:09 pm Speaking of Rej, I asked him for reads and he supplied some but I haven't responded. So:
Rej wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:42 pm ayayyy

First the ISO to my voters:

DDL: Has a misinterpretation of things against me. Doesn't like me for reasons. Tho I agree with him on the points against boo. Boo voted Drago off with uss and then he tried to sell us a Zemmi lynch possibility. His vote on boo was well placed, seems town.
Oh and yes Dragon D. Luffy I am a noob, what attracts me in mafia are mechanics and setups and roles, I just admire the mindgaming in the DPs and I can't reach that level yet.
A town read on DDL which also includes a scum read on boo. If I am following correctly, Rej, you town read DDL because of his vote for boo? Why is that? Why do you suspect boo, and do you care that DDL has since changed his read on boo?
Speedchuck: Also went for Creature like DDL early DP1, often civillian behaviour to clear out a person's alignment or stance. Can't find scummy posts in his ISO. Also what does he have against weasleness? Weasles are cute animals. I want one as pet dafuck
You say you can't find any scummy posts in his ISO. Do you see any townie posts? You seem to suggest that his early behavior toward DDL and creature was a good look. Why?
Jack: Normal entrance, didn't went for creature, sheeped a vote on me which I rly don't like, until I was thematized more. Gave fuel to my wagon basically which I don't apreciate. Between the posts you can often find WIFOM... #422 I didn't like the "blah blah statement"
I see a dimension where jack and boo interactions could be W/V or W/W interactions. Deserves its own reanalysis.
#1007 lmao, is this throw off something a civ would say? and if yes why? Jackofhearts2005
less townlean on Jack, but I don't think scum would recklessly jump on my wagon at this point?
All of this is negative until that final point at the end, where you seem to walk it back a bit. Then you vote for Jack anyway. What? I'm also not totally clear on what you don't like about Jack's posts. You suggest that "WIFOM" is part of the problem, but I don't follow what exactly you mean or are referring to.
TSP: Interesting ISO, he likes using the term W/W and this implies that he is explicitly scumhunting and he is flexible about it. Could be to create chaos or to find early leaking scum. Slightly more civ lean in the entrance. Suspecting Sloonei, then moving votes from nutella to me, + lecturing boo, since then his votes didnt change. Interesting that he did not interact with the Dom and Dragomir wagons. Were they civ caused autorunner?
50/50 on TSP depending on his bigger sheme.
This is all a big shrug, and the word "interesting" appears twice without judgments being made. :ponder: Gun to your head, is Tony town or scum?
Sloonei: Targets DDL, a justified target to inquisition, flips later to Boo. alot of meta talks in their posts which I cant dissect. Questioning both wagons alot is giving Sloo civ points. #653 the "shrug vote post" was kinda cute and innocent. Another townlean.
#683 @Sloonei I think we played together before? or did you host for me? there was something before that is not accurate...
and I missed answering your question, I answered because I wanted to speed up forcing an interaction, since I am mre like a peek a boo player. lmao
And yes me and Drago are compatible as scum partners, we won games together, one or two no remembering.
Sloonei asks justified questions further on, I know zero about their meta at that point, feels like dissecting a complete stranger and it's interesting.
Sloo vs nut? deserves its own post.
Yes hello, that's me. Asking questions is my shtick, especially early on and when I don't know players. As you can probably tell right now. It's just how I work through things in the game. I like to know how people are interpreting the game.
I may have hosted a game that you played before. Sockville, maybe? Anyway, you suggest that you're interested in my interactions with nutella. Why? What's your read on those exchanges?
I am tired as fuck I will place votes now
one will be boo the other will be Jack, I am ready to move my votes to TSP for the sake of seeing where it leads with my reeks or nutella because there is also something going on.

Will keep other ISOs for tomorrow.

Good Night
[VOTE: boo] aubergine
[VOTE: Jack] aubergine
Why did you choose to focus on the people who were voting for you? What don't you like about boo?
quoting for my reasons
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:14 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:12 pm We I do think oui ought to lynch Dunya after Sloonei.
why?
Cause your reads feel faaaaaake. Your scumread on Rej spontaneously appeared when he had like 5 votes. Your Sloonei scumread did the same today.

Like everybody else you’ve voted for is someone I townread and I’ve raised at eyebrow at least at your reasons for voting them, particularly Boo.
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 223
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:11 pm It feels like Nanook is fighting the thread and not the bad guys
If the thread would kill the bad guys with me I wouldn’t have to fight it 🤷‍♀️
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:17 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:15 pm also, unlike you, i am literally never lynched. in all my mafia career, just once because of sig. that's with like 8 years of playing mafia lol.
I’ve lynched 7 wolves this year who tried to lynch me D1 or D2. :charlieblackmon:

but i haven't voted for you this game? and now i finally have it in good faith you might be trusted..here i am extending an olive branch and you're shitting on it. bad jack.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:24 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:17 pm

but i haven't voted for you this game? and now i finally have it in good faith you might be trusted..here i am extending an olive branch and you're shitting on it. bad jack.
Why would I work with a wolf to catch wolves?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:24 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:14 pm
why?
Cause your reads feel faaaaaake. Your scumread on Rej spontaneously appeared when he had like 5 votes. Your Sloonei scumread did the same today.

Like everybody else you’ve voted for is someone I townread and I’ve raised at eyebrow at least at your reasons for voting them, particularly Boo.
first part is a lie. go check the vote tally. i was an important vote on rej and it didn't come out of nowhere. if i was bad, there's no way i'd vote for my teammate out of fucking nowhere either. i vote based on intuition. rej's first post before he did the isos was SO BAD i didn't even read the isos. i hated it, and i knew he was bad. i don't need a ton of convincing when something smells fishy right under my nose.

and i was the third vote on sloonei. i could have easily continued with LC and put him in the lead instead and continued my push on him. so get the fuck outta here jack.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

jack is making me doubt his sincerity. hope you're happy ddl.

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:14 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:11 pm It feels like Nanook is fighting the thread and not the bad guys
actually, i can feel that. but i dont know if that's his style. i was in on his interview a TSer in the welcome forum, and he seems a bit like his personality there. concise, a bit abrupt and maybe some ego splashing at the sides. :p
I keep my ego firmly contained in a Pyrex, tyvm
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

So everyone who voted Rej is town then?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:29 pm So everyone who voted Rej is town then?
have you confirmed sig, ddl and speed as town then?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:29 pm So everyone who voted Rej is town then?
Alternative question, why was your vote particularly important?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

and don't backtrack now. you said he had 5 votes when i voted rej which is a lie. why do you feel the need to lie to make a case against me?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:32 pm
have you confirmed sig, ddl and speed as town then?
You’re saying to look at the vote count. Your vote was important to lynch Rej.

So is your vote more important that everyone else who voted Rej?

If so, why?

If not, are all Rej voters town?

If not, then what are you talking about?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:33 pm
and don't backtrack now. you said he had 5 votes when i voted rej which is a lie. why do you feel the need to lie to make a case against me?
How many votes did he have?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

(I honestly don’t know how many votes there were. Wish we had MU’s vote counting bot. I do remember seeing Dunya’s vote and thinking Rej was already suck and her vote looked like a bus.)
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sunk*
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:28 pm jack is making me doubt his sincerity. hope you're happy ddl.
People doubting each other instead of vote parking (I love this term) for the whole day?

Fuck yeah I'm happy.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:24 pm
Let's kill dunya then.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dunya wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:17 am 1. sig - could be mafia
2. Rej - could be mafia
3. Zemmi - town coinflip
4. JaggedJimmyJay/ sloonei - town
5. Nutella - probably mafia
6. Dunya - town
8. Long Con - probably town
9. TonyStarkPrime - probably town
10. NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - the shtick is getting old, maybe the 3p
11. Creature - probably town
12. Boo - probably mafia
14. Dragon D. Luffy - stiff but getting more town vibes from him today
15. Coliniscool - town
16. Speedchuck - probably town
17. Jackofhearts2005 - could be mafia
dunya wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:45 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:15 pm I think the main question with Rej is whether he is really undecided or if he's just playing at both sides to look like he's doing something.

It's off-putting because he doesn't just change his mind, he does it 2 or 3 times in the same paragraph. Doesn't look much like a normal stream of thought.

No matter if he votes to lynch or to spare Drago, you'll find a reasoning in his post when you dig it.
tbh, the wishy washy 50/50 doesn't remind me of the town rej i saw in the one game i played with him so meta is not very reliable here. but correct me if i'm wrong. he was stubborn and annoying for my team because he would make plans and be vocal about them and get everyone on the same page in a loud way.
and not out of nowhere. i was considering rej too. so again, why u lie?

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:02 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:00 pm
I fought the guy.

he's barely given me actual content to critique. i have no reason to town read him and that's what worries me most since i have at least 1 reason to townread every other living player.
That sounds like a you problem more than a me problem
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:39 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:24 pm
Let's kill dunya then.
don't be a pain in my ass at 1am :(

Return to “Previous Jobs”