The Wire Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Who's keeping it boring and killing police?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:59 pm

Dragon D. Luffy
No votes
Jackofhearts2005
7%
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
7%
sig
20%
Turnip Head
No votes
Prop Joe (Host/Non/Dead)
67%

Total votes: 15
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 177

Re: The Wire Mafia [Day 5]

Post by sig »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:59 pm
sig wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:47 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:38 pm
sig wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:30 pm Just did a quick skim of TH I'm kind off concerned more coming shortly. The TLDR of it is the following. Rapid flipflopping on people with no real build up and an attempt to save Sloonie, before voting/pushing for it when it was a forgone conclusion.
Before TH's vote on Sloonei, the score was Sloonei 4, LC 3, Colin 2. I don't agree it was a foregone conclusion.

By attempt to save Sloonei, do you mean the vote on me? Did you also spot any posta containing defense of Sloonei,

I think TH's flip-flopping makes sense for a player who just joined without reading the precious phases and is still getting a feel of the game.
He also voted for Sloonie the previous day which was odd, true some amount of flipflopping in the early phases are expected. However I don't think his read changes have been genuine, but that's more of a tone thing.
Wait, what day are we talking about again

I was only talking about D3.

His Day 4 is kind of boring, but so is everyone else's.
I was only looking at the final vote count for D3 which had him and one other (can't recall who) on Sloonie and the rest on LC/Colin
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:03 pm Ok sorry I didn't understand the post above.

Who was not in danger of being lynched? TH?
Sloonie on D3, I wasn't super active that day tbf so maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the two main wagons were Collins and LC with undertones of Sloonie, but nobody was really pursuing it?
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:13 pm sig I feel like you're discarding the important fact that I helped almost lynch Sloonei D3 to save someone I think is town. Sloon only survived because of the last minute push to Colin which I had nothing to do with. I think that makes me look pretty good :mafia: In contrast, Speedchuck did the exact opposite
So you just pursued Sloonie to save a townread?

Also okay I need to reread D3 then since I obviously brain dumped that. Assuming Sloonie was in the lead for most of the day that may relieve some of the negative thoughts I've got on you.
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 349
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

But when TH voted Sloon, he was leading the poll.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:00 pm But when TH voted Sloon, he was leading the poll.
Yeah just reread that day and looked over your post again that was my mistake.

So I still don't like the evolution of his reads and what not, but after realizing the sloonie stuff I'd much prefer to go with Speed over TH at the moment.

I also plan to look over creature he's slinked into the background which I dislike considering his early D0/D1 angst about lack of posts.
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 362
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

[mention]sig[/mention]

Either you missed the question or I missed the answer.

Can you walk me through your progression on Sloonei and LC?

You said earlier today that you suspected them both but from your iso, it seems like you didn't suspect Sloonei until you voted him and you asked Sloonei not to vote for LC, which implies you didn't suspect him either.

I'm finding your TH cases makes me trust TH more because I don't trust you. :mafia:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Plus, talking about bussing LC reads real bad. There's a lot of things someone could think of as both scum and town. I sometimes joke about bussing as town or argue against the idea of bussing but I don't ever actually think of my votes as bussing.

I tend to assume slips don't exist half as often as people get accused of slipping but it's hard to read this as anything but Sig slipping that he was trying to bus LC.
sig wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:28 pm Granted I've not been that active, even with my busing of LC. But as i've said I was busy. I've suspected both Sloonie and LC just LC more then sloonie, buuuut like you said I did vote for both day 2 and have been talking about Rej for awhile.

Besides that for me my POE is Creature, Speed, and TH, tin foil mafia is Nanook. I still kind of suspect LC as well, but I'll lay that to rest since nobody else sees it.

Out of all 3 I'm leaning most towards TH he seems to haven't have done much since he subbed in, but I'll look more in-depth at him at some point.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

But would sig really be that nonchalant about it in the thread? He's not a dummy
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Why is Sig voting Speed if he flat thinks TH is more suspicious?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

He changed his tune about that after some discussion with Luffy
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:24 am But would sig really be that nonchalant about it in the thread? He's not a dummy
You know, Sig said something about Sloonei not being in danger of being lynched. I've heard that kind of thing could be seen as suspicious. :grin:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:17 am Plus, talking about bussing LC reads real bad. There's a lot of things someone could think of as both scum and town. I sometimes joke about bussing as town or argue against the idea of bussing but I don't ever actually think of my votes as bussing.

I tend to assume slips don't exist half as often as people get accused of slipping but it's hard to read this as anything but Sig slipping that he was trying to bus LC.
sig wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:28 pm Granted I've not been that active, even with my busing of LC. But as i've said I was busy. I've suspected both Sloonie and LC just LC more then sloonie, buuuut like you said I did vote for both day 2 and have been talking about Rej for awhile.

Besides that for me my POE is Creature, Speed, and TH, tin foil mafia is Nanook. I still kind of suspect LC as well, but I'll lay that to rest since nobody else sees it.

Out of all 3 I'm leaning most towards TH he seems to haven't have done much since he subbed in, but I'll look more in-depth at him at some point.
I know I'm Long Con and all, but if sig was actually trying to bus me, then that would require me to be bad. With sig. And I'm not bad. I don't understand why sig said that, but it's not as simple as a slip of that nature. I would like sig to specifically explain this.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Could lynch Sig tbh. I just think Speed danmed himself more time.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Also I kind of want to sheep on late nutella since ISO shows she was doing really well at the game.

Well she saw something shady on speed, maybe I should follow that.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Like, early on I ignored people who said speed looked bad because he had bussed Rej.

Now my recent analysis shows that doesn't really save Speed because everyone else bussed scum.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 217

Post by Creature »

Have I bussed?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Creature wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:31 am Have I bussed?
Only if you are bad.

My overuse of the term "bussing" is because of my laziness in writing "assuming they are bad" every time.

Point is, every player left in this game was involved in a scum lynch in some decisive way.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[VOTE: Sig] aubergine

Speed doesn’t feel bad. Sig feels bad.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:15 am @sig

You said earlier today that you suspected them both but from your iso, it seems like you didn't suspect Sloonei until you voted him and you asked Sloonei not to vote for LC, which implies you didn't suspect him either.

I'm finding your TH cases makes me trust TH more because I don't trust you. :mafia:
My main suspicion of him came in two ways. One I figured we had two mafia members on D2 and it ended up being process of elimination and two the fact that we kept almost lynching him and nearly everyone suspected him.

Me telling Sloonie not to vote for LC last phase was a joke since if Sloonie was mafia and voted for LC it would make it look like I was on his team and I'd get lynched for making the counterwagon.

Also that's very rude, but I've also reached the conclusion that TH is lower on my lynch list now then Speed/Creature.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:16 am [VOTE: Sig] aubergine

Speed doesn’t feel bad. Sig feels bad.
Rude
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:48 am Also I kind of want to sheep on late nutella since ISO shows she was doing really well at the game.

Well she saw something shady on speed, maybe I should follow that.
Not if you cant even determine what that *something* is.

This post alone is suspicious.
I will be following up and figuring out what I can this afternoon. Weekends are bad for me.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:17 am Plus, talking about bussing LC reads real bad. There's a lot of things someone could think of as both scum and town. I sometimes joke about bussing as town or argue against the idea of bussing but I don't ever actually think of my votes as bussing.

:shrug:

I can admit when I'm tunneling/bussing on someone he can still be mafia, which I think he is, like 20/80, buuuut that doesn't stop the fact that I voted for him 2 days in a row and was tunneling/bussing. Though I guess since I started the wagon both days bussing wouldn't be the right word to use. Meh either way it's weak reasoning to vote for me.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:25 am Why is Sig voting Speed if he flat thinks TH is more suspicious?
And I'm not voting for Speed yet? Also it seems like you aren't reading my posts since it becomes clear why I moved away from TH.

If anything this makes me think Speed is mafia and Jack is a scum buddy trying to save him. :eye:
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Signs, do you know what bussing is?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sig*
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Jack is my top town read rn;

He helped lynch Rej, he helped lynch Sloonei, and Rej had him as his primary option in order to get himself and Sloonei to safety.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I mean there is always bussing but in a double lynch day, with two mafias facing the gallows, mafia will try to look for alternatives, not for a third mafioso.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

sig wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:46 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:15 am @sig

My main suspicion of him came in two ways. One I figured we had two mafia members on D2 and it ended up being process of elimination and two the fact that we kept almost lynching him and nearly everyone suspected him.

Me telling Sloonie not to vote for LC last phase was a joke since if Sloonie was mafia and voted for LC it would make it look like I was on his team and I'd get lynched for making the counterwagon.

Also that's very rude, but I've also reached the conclusion that TH is lower on my lynch list now then Speed/Creature.
Why did you figure we had two mafia members on D2?

What do you mean we kept almost lynching Sloonei? D2 was the first time we almost lynched him so how could this cause you to suspect him D2?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 11:54 am Sig, do you know what bussing is?
Yeah, that’s what I got out of Sig’s explanation, that he doesn’t know what “bus” means.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:37 pm Jack is my top town read rn;

He helped lynch Rej, he helped lynch Sloonei, and Rej had him as his primary option in order to get himself and Sloonei to safety.
Samesies
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:01 pm
Yeah, that’s what I got out of Sig’s explanation, that he doesn’t know what “bus” means.
I did not like the way he emphasized tunnelling/bussing. As if he knew he screwed up, but was specifically denying the meaning while maintaining the ruse of ignorance.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I don't know what to do
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Creature wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:55 pm I don't know what to do
Who does your gut tell you to vote for and also, is your gut any good in these situations?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:24 pm

Samesies
You guys are trying to get me nightkilled. :mad:
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:00 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:55 pm I don't know what to do
Who does your gut tell you to vote for and also, is your gut any good in these situations?
speedchuck

but not sure if it is reliable
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Why isn't creature in more Poe's?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Samesies
I would put Nanook right up there as well.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ok, sig meant "tunnel". That makes more sense.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'll sheep Jack's vote on sig, since he's widely townread. [VOTE: sig] aubergine
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:20 pm Why isn't creature in more Poe's?
cuz I was pretty townie earlier?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:42 pm
I did not like the way he emphasized tunnelling/bussing. As if he knew he screwed up, but was specifically denying the meaning while maintaining the ruse of ignorance.
The ruse of ignorance! I love it. Also known as "doubling down". :haha:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Creature wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:25 pm
With your many-posts-in-a-row thing?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Long Con wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:26 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:25 pm
With your many-posts-in-a-row thing?
Exactly
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

and for pushing the hell out of Sloonei D2
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

He's in mine, it's just that my poe is too big by virtue of you bastards liking to vote for teammates too much.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Creature wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:28 pm and for pushing the hell out of Sloonei D2
Every single one of us was pivotal in lynching at least one of Rej or Sloonei. Or both.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Though I didn't bother to check the posts closely. If anyone wants to compare whether Creature's Sloonei vote looks more or less genuine than other people's, be my guest. After yesterday's effort I ain't doing any today.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 223
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Long Con wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:21 pm

Samesies
I would put Nanook right up there as well.
I <3 u 2
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Long Con wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:26 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:42 pm
The ruse of ignorance! I love it. Also known as "doubling down". :haha:
:beer: This is how I write all my posts. But when I'm on my phone, I don't edit them.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

[VOTE: Sig] aubergine

I'm going to be rock climbing, going to worship, then going to the movies. I'll try to keep checking in but I'm not going to have a lot of time for hunting.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I'm being lynched for a very dumb reason, especially considering why some of them are voting for me. Especially LC, so sheeping since he thinks Jack is town is an acceptable vote? Doubtful.
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Creature wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:28 pm and for pushing the hell out of Sloonei D2
No you didn't.

Return to “Previous Jobs”