Turnip Head
9%

Total votes: 11
ts account
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 342

Re: Assassin's Creed Mafia (D3)

Post by ts account »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:09 am Seems those Mac posts Life cereal just highlighted are compatible with him shooting ted in the ass
For the last time.
I.
Do.
Not.
Eat.
LIFE.
Cereal.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:10 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:09 am Seems those Mac posts Life cereal just highlighted are compatible with him shooting ted in the ass
For the last time.
I.
Do.
Not.
Eat.
LIFE.
Cereal.
That’s unfortunate. It’s my favorite. I like it, hey Mikey
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:12 am
ts account wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:10 am
For the last time.
I.
Do.
Not.
Eat.
LIFE.
Cereal.
That’s unfortunate. It’s my favorite. I like it, hey Mikey
Weird flex, but ok.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Regular > Cinnamon
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:13 am Regular > Cinnamon
I have to agree with you there. Unless you mean flavorless>cinnamon in general, in which case we are enemies again.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hey ts account how come every time Turnip Head said mean things about your alignment and integrity you treated them like a wrongie instead of a baddie

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 752
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

mikey reminds me of another wrinkle that's sure induce more headaches. funnygurl claims that ted was among the players targeting mac Night 1. Here is ted's role:
Misthios: You’re a hardened mercenary! This means that each night, you can either STRONGARM someone, which means they won’t be able to vote you the next day, or you can SELLSWORD, which will give you a neighborhood with someone the following day. You can use STRONGARM once per game (and not at MYLO or LYLO), and SELLSWORD twice per game.

You are a Righteous Warrior and win when all the Heathenous Spies have been eliminated.
I highly doubt ted would strongarm Mac after Day 1. Ted was a suspect, but Mac was one of his most vocal advocates in the thread. ted could have been worried about votes on Day 2, but Mac would not have been someone he'd have to worry about. This point is made even stronger by the 1-shot limitation.

Therefore, barring redirection, it is much more likely that ted would be targeting Mac with a sellsword shot. I tried to look for evidence that they'd have had BTSC on Day 2, but results were hard to come by. There were a few contentious moments between them on Day 2 that might be an indication that there was no BTSC. If there was no BTSC, that can be explained by Mac's pirate ship. But then we're back to "if Mac was on his ship, funnygurl should not have a report on him."
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I recently found a box of strawberry life and it was much better than I expected.

that was before the quarantine. i'm not gonna venture out in search of it again for a while.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

In a closed setup I’m not sure temporary BTSC should imply the participants will be trustful of one another in the thread.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:15 am Hey ts account how come every time Turnip Head said mean things about your alignment and integrity you treated them like a wrongie instead of a baddie
I really do not know. It is very unlike me to have a compatible partner, and yet I cannot deny that my interactions with turnip head are in line with how I interact with partners. All I can say is that I would have scum read them for lying about their character name. I am banking on us lynching a player that I am not compatible with before it becomes necessary to scrutinize me any further. Epignosis would fulfill this.
Back to Turnip Head, perhaps it was because of how gentle they were in accusing me. Most of the time, I skated right over their accusations of me because it was so minor, I did not see it ever turning into a real scum read. The few that I did respond to...
I am sorry, I just do not really have a compelling answer.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:22 am In a closed setup I’m not sure temporary BTSC should imply the participants will be trustful of one another in the thread.
They trusted each other on Day 1. But I agree with this, and that's what I meant when I said that "mac -> ted" is more interesting than "ted -> mac". If a temporary BTSC was set up then I think it would be more worthwhile to study how the player receiving the BTSC responds to the player initiating it. ted has no reason to assume anything about his targets. His targets can at least assess whether they think ted's role is town.

Either way, I'm still not sure what exactly would qualify as "evidence", but it felt like a good idea to look anyway.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If you’re the casing sort, Michelangelo, then a dedicated case against Tony and/or Long Con would go a long way. Your world at present is simply impossible if those two are what I generally read them to be. You may not have such a case right now, but it’d be a stupendous direction to head while the avatars are available to interpret and assess.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Maybe ted said something nasty about Jimmy Garoppolo in BTSC.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

At this point, it seems clear that Macdougall can be responsible for the shot on ted. I did not realize his opinion of the slot had changed. So, the question remains if this means Macdougall had used his ship power on Night 2 as well. As far as I can tell, that is the most likely way for his role to work, although the vagueness of the wording leaves it open to interpretation.
So, everyone targeting Macdougall Night 1 had done so successfully. Meaning, Epignosis was lying, and Funnygurl was telling the truth. That was all it took to convince me. I just was not sold on Macdougall being responsible for the ted kill at first.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Ignoring claim business:

funnygurl
tony
Long Con
ts account

speedchuck
epignosis
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:33 am If you’re the casing sort, Michelangelo, then a dedicated case against Tony and/or Long Con would go a long way. Your world at present is simply impossible if those two are what I generally read them to be. You may not have such a case right now, but it’d be a stupendous direction to head while the avatars are available to interpret and assess.
The problem is, I cannot make a decent wolf case on either of these players. Most of their play has been baseline at best, and I am perhaps a bit worried I would walk away with a town read on the slots, and become further confused. It would be much easier to towncase myself, but ted already did a much, much better job of that than I could ever do on day 1.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:37 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:33 am If you’re the casing sort, Michelangelo, then a dedicated case against Tony and/or Long Con would go a long way. Your world at present is simply impossible if those two are what I generally read them to be. You may not have such a case right now, but it’d be a stupendous direction to head while the avatars are available to interpret and assess.
The problem is, I cannot make a decent wolf case on either of these players. Most of their play has been baseline at best, and I am perhaps a bit worried I would walk away with a town read on the slots, and become further confused. It would be much easier to towncase myself, but ted already did a much, much better job of that than I could ever do on day 1.
If you develop town reads on them and get confused, at least you can start working your way out of confusion.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay
nutella

I don’t often get to break out the fabled purple.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:37 am
Even if you successfully sell yourself as a civilian, it doesn’t lynch mafioso #3. Gotta start somewhere lad

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

I am going to bed now, and by that I mean finish listening to this Breath of the Wild medley, then play some video games while laying on the floor, and then cry myself to sleep.
My suggested course of action is lynching Epignosis, and assuming the game does not end in the night, always massclaim tomorrow. Today it is not as necessary since we are only ever lynching in two options, but I am always claiming at some point tomorrow, even if nobody else does. Please do not make me feel awkward.
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:40 am
Even if you successfully sell yourself as a civilian, it doesn’t lynch mafioso #3. Gotta start somewhere lad
GTH, Tony spent some time trying to lynch outside the dichotomy, which is a scum tactic, by the book.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:42 am
GTH, Tony spent some time trying to lynch outside the dichotomy, which is a scum tactic, by the book.
I’ve considered doing that too. :eek:

Anyway, I’ll do my own research too assuming folks don’t hammer us back to heaven too fast.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Assassin's Creed Mafia (D1)

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:48 pm The Book of Mafia ought to be shredded.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:43 am

Anyway, I’ll do my own research too assuming folks don’t hammer us back to heaven too fast.
Tony's wonky behavior today reminds me of his campaign to hunt outside of Mac/sig in the middle of the GoC. He's an unconventional hunter.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:43 am

Nah, because it leaves you with the same dichotomy tomorrow. And it is not like this is a particularly 50/50 dichotomy. I would say it is more like 100/0. It is very unlikely that Epignosis flips town, so I do not see the point in wasting time postponing the inevitable. I had a particularly Dragomir-y reaction when I was caught with this scumtell for the first time. To me, as scum, it seemed much more profitable to lynch outside the dichotomy. But what do I know? /shrug
ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

Two minutes left of the medley. It was alright, Breath of the Wild does not have my favorite music, but I love the main theme motif, and wish it got used more in the game.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The worst crime by one of my civilian reads was Long Con’s hammer-that-wasn’t. Even if Epignosis is a mafioso that was bad.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 215
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

ts account wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:15 am
I have to agree with you there. Unless you mean flavorless>cinnamon in general, in which case we are enemies again.
I knew he liked it!!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:52 am The worst crime by one of my civilian reads was Long Con’s hammer-that-wasn’t. Even if Epignosis is a mafioso that was bad.
I was aware that I was putting him within one vote of a hammer, not actually hammering him. Just a little fun thrust. No one jumped on the final hammer vote.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:18 am mikey reminds me of another wrinkle that's sure induce more headaches. funnygurl claims that ted was among the players targeting mac Night 1. Here is ted's role:
Misthios: You’re a hardened mercenary! This means that each night, you can either STRONGARM someone, which means they won’t be able to vote you the next day, or you can SELLSWORD, which will give you a neighborhood with someone the following day. You can use STRONGARM once per game (and not at MYLO or LYLO), and SELLSWORD twice per game.

You are a Righteous Warrior and win when all the Heathenous Spies have been eliminated.
I highly doubt ted would strongarm Mac after Day 1. Ted was a suspect, but Mac was one of his most vocal advocates in the thread. ted could have been worried about votes on Day 2, but Mac would not have been someone he'd have to worry about. This point is made even stronger by the 1-shot limitation.

Therefore, barring redirection, it is much more likely that ted would be targeting Mac with a sellsword shot. I tried to look for evidence that they'd have had BTSC on Day 2, but results were hard to come by. There were a few contentious moments between them on Day 2 that might be an indication that there was no BTSC. If there was no BTSC, that can be explained by Mac's pirate ship. But then we're back to "if Mac was on his ship, funnygurl should not have a report on him."
I didn't click the link, but if there was little interaction between them in the thread, I would say that is evidence that BTSC was occurring. They don't need to have thread interactions, unless they want to BTSC-signal, or something. Better to look for synchronous opinions, maybe?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 38
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

An announcement:

A clarification has been made to Mac's role PM. This is a clarification that should have been included in his flip.

In addition, it has come to my attention that ship owners were not all notified that they own a ship. If you own a ship and were not notified, you have now been told that you do.

I sincerely apologize for both oversights.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 123

Post by speedchuck »

Caught up mostly.

Hey funnygurl you got a ship now?
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Well that mostly nullifies the funnygurl theory.

Epi bad
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 339

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:30 am Can someone give me their best synopsis of the general reception Epignosis has had in this game before Day 3?
“Meh”
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

ted ain’t got no ship
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 306
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Funnygurl555 »

yeah i got a ship

AND AN EAGLE

i'm loaded
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 306
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:56 am yeah i got a ship

AND AN EAGLE

i'm loaded
Problem solved. :pirate:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

well I mean easiest lie in the world but I’m willing to accept it cause it solves the problems
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:01 am

AND AN EAGLE

i'm loaded
who are u
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:50 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:45 pm @speedchuck
Have you claimed a role yet? If not, please do.
Has everyone else? I'm not caught up but it still seems like a terrible idea
It’s 50/50. I just want character name, but if you have another info, feel free to share
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:02 am
speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:01 am

AND AN EAGLE

i'm loaded
who are u
No. I refuse.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epi’s bad about 99 times out of 100 here, but I still don’t want to rush to a hammer.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

[mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention] 1/3 of your posts D3 have been about getting people to flavorclaim. This is after we found out that Mac's protection in his role could be subverted by flavor (if he were only attacked or visited by characters with boats, probably from ACIV: Black Flag).

Tell me why we should empower all the roles that rely on flavor-related things, and I'll consider a flavor claim.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Someone photoshop Guy Fieri in an assassin’s robe please.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

(I take no credit for the above picture)
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

This game has taught me that sexy vegetables and assassin fieri both exist.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:50 am
ted ain’t got no ship
so

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ts account
Corrupt Union Official

Post by ts account »

It looks like I did not miss much and yet I missed quite a lot. It is worth checking funnygurl, epignosis, and MacDougall character wikis for mentions of ships or aquatism or anything of the like, I think. I am also curious to know why Tony would like people to be character claiming.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”