[END] Harry Potter Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 175

Re: [Day 7] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Jack Shephard »

Merga Bien wrote:I would be most happy with an Alizon lynch, she is twisting like a pretzel and evading like a shadow.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 67

Re: [DAY 8] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Lizzy »

Margarethe Reinberg wrote:Thank you for the fun game Lizzy and A Person!
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Young Lady »

Wow! Three people gone. That is not good.

Okay, I spent the afternoon reading EVERYONE individually. I wanted to wait until Night ended to post. You'll see I kept those who recently passed (RIP) b/c even though they are gone, I thought my opinion of them might still be worth something.

Merga Bien - No pings after being replaced. Merga 1 seemed to be quite busy IRL and was a low poster (doesn't make her bad :p) Merga 2 is participating nicely and seems to be a helpful, innocent civ.

Alizon Device - An assertive player - very matter of fact. Her tone is not particularly civ to me. I am leaning toward baddie or teacher.

Favorite post:
Alizon Device wrote:
That just begs the question, doesnt it? Civ behavior is baddie hunting, fine. But how one goes about the hunting varies from player to player. Some people are quiet analytics, some dominate the thread with theories. Some ppl like to make charts, others go by gut feels. Some look for "tics" in people's posts, some build cases based on the voting record. And many combinations of these.

Do civs miss votes? They do. Do civs lay low? Yep. Do civs do crazy things? Sometimes.
Do baddies miss votes? They do. Do baddies lay low? Yep. Do baddies do crazy things? Sometimes.

So according to you, there are like a dozen people displaying baddie behavior! :haha:
Sarah Good - Nothing of substance to go on.

Katharina Henot - Asks a lot of questions, contributes a little. Probably civ. Favorite quote:
Katharina Henot wrote:
also -it's a one team baddie game. They already know who is *not them.* ;)
Märet Jonsdotter - Already gave my opinion of her. Trying too hard to look civ IMO - prolly bad.

Anna Koldings - Slow to participate, but seems pretty civ...no pings.

Barbara Kollerin - Leaning towards teacher. I believe it sounds as if she may have BTSC with some of the other players she goes back and forth with in the thread. Almost like it is staged.

Malin Matsdotter - Reads civvie to me. I know many of you have been saying that either she or Alizon are bad. After reading them both, I'm leaning toward Alizon.

Alice Nutter - A lot of filler posts...nothing much of substance. Probably civ, but who can tell?

Anne Redferne - Chatty, quirky, no read on her civ/baddie status.

Margarethe Reinberg - Pings me a bit. I know there isn't much to go on as she is a very low poster. But somehting about her....I don't know. Call is a gut feeling.

Jane Southworth - Hmm...particularly hard to read IMO, but no outright pings.

Anne Whittle - Another player that is hard to read...no opinion on civie/baddie status - could be either.

How's that for contribution? :p
Supervisor
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Karin Svensdotter wrote:Wow! Three people gone. That is not good.

Okay, I spent the afternoon reading EVERYONE individually. I wanted to wait until Night ended to post. You'll see I kept those who recently passed (RIP) b/c even though they are gone, I thought my opinion of them might still be worth something.

Merga Bien - No pings after being replaced. Merga 1 seemed to be quite busy IRL and was a low poster (doesn't make her bad :p) Merga 2 is participating nicely and seems to be a helpful, innocent civ.

Alizon Device - An assertive player - very matter of fact. Her tone is not particularly civ to me. I am leaning toward baddie or teacher.

Favorite post:
Alizon Device wrote:
That just begs the question, doesnt it? Civ behavior is baddie hunting, fine. But how one goes about the hunting varies from player to player. Some people are quiet analytics, some dominate the thread with theories. Some ppl like to make charts, others go by gut feels. Some look for "tics" in people's posts, some build cases based on the voting record. And many combinations of these.

Do civs miss votes? They do. Do civs lay low? Yep. Do civs do crazy things? Sometimes.
Do baddies miss votes? They do. Do baddies lay low? Yep. Do baddies do crazy things? Sometimes.

So according to you, there are like a dozen people displaying baddie behavior! :haha:
Sarah Good - Nothing of substance to go on.

Katharina Henot - Asks a lot of questions, contributes a little. Probably civ. Favorite quote:
Katharina Henot wrote:
also -it's a one team baddie game. They already know who is *not them.* ;)
Märet Jonsdotter - Already gave my opinion of her. Trying too hard to look civ IMO - prolly bad.

Anna Koldings - Slow to participate, but seems pretty civ...no pings.

Barbara Kollerin - Leaning towards teacher. I believe it sounds as if she may have BTSC with some of the other players she goes back and forth with in the thread. Almost like it is staged.

Malin Matsdotter - Reads civvie to me. I know many of you have been saying that either she or Alizon are bad. After reading them both, I'm leaning toward Alizon.

Alice Nutter - A lot of filler posts...nothing much of substance. Probably civ, but who can tell?

Anne Redferne - Chatty, quirky, no read on her civ/baddie status.

Margarethe Reinberg - Pings me a bit. I know there isn't much to go on as she is a very low poster. But somehting about her....I don't know. Call is a gut feeling.

Jane Southworth - Hmm...particularly hard to read IMO, but no outright pings.

Anne Whittle - Another player that is hard to read...no opinion on civie/baddie status - could be either.

How's that for contribution? :p
You're wrong about one of those. :ponder:
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 113

Re: [Day 7] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Golf »

Alizon Device wrote:
Merga Bien wrote:I would be most happy with an Alizon lynch, she is twisting like a pretzel and evading like a shadow.
AWESOME XD

:haha:

[/thread]
Fractal
sprityo
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Since there's 48 hours and we're down to about a dozen people, what if everyone gave a brief summary like Karin did? It would at least spell out where everyone is instead of bandwagons forming in the final hour of voting.
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 43

Post by A Person »

Lizzy wrote:
Margarethe Reinberg wrote:Thank you for the fun game Lizzy and A Person!
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
:hug: :hug: :hug:
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Celeste »

3 deaths D: what happened last night?
Alizon Device wrote:Since there's 48 hours and we're down to about a dozen people, what if everyone gave a brief summary like Karin did? It would at least spell out where everyone is instead of bandwagons forming in the final hour of voting.
That sounds like a pretty good idea, i'll try to assemble a list at some point if i have time. is there really only 12 left? :x how is that possible? i thought we had 17 just a minute ago
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 180

Re: [NIGHT 7] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Spooky Ghost »

A Person wrote:
Resurrection Stone Event

The Resurrection Stone has been claimed. The number was 14, but the game was won by process of elimination.
... Allison.
Karin Svensdotter wrote:Märet Jonsdotter - Already gave my opinion of her. Trying too hard to look civ IMO - prolly bad.
I don't know what to say. The participation of civil society. Elegal and Mariachi. Alison hurt, I suppose. Registration of the population?"
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

I plan on bringing Mary Eastley back. What say you?
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

This error: Alysson Senmalin.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Maret:

Quote this sentence if you ARE suspicious of Anne Whittle.

Quote this sentence if you ARE NOT suspicious of Anne Whittle.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Alizon Device wrote: Quote this sentence if you ARE suspicious of Anne Whittle.
There are many. It would be nice to learn more. If you need to. This time, I hope. Desire read lustfully.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Ellison doubts ... Allison is also reduced.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

& Gt; >, Alison"
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Ailisenlinq, if you are going to survive.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Alizon Device wrote:I plan on bringing Mary Eastley back. What say you?
Really?

Nah, you're not a baddie Image

*Votes*
Fractal
sprityo
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

LOL, Let's lynch Anne, the lowest living poster, she must be a baddie :disappoint:
Fractal
sprityo
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Merga Bien wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:I plan on bringing Mary Eastley back. What say you?
Really?

Nah, you're not a baddie Image

*Votes*
That smile ... I doubt it, but here.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

elected
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Chuck »

Voted Alizon but still not taking my eye off Malin.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

don't you guys think this might be a trap?
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Well, you sound like you think that it is, not that you think it *might* be. So what is your advice? It has occurred to me that there might be a "two lynches in a row" mechanic in place, it could account for Alizon/Malin seeming to be alternating their thread presence. Or that could just be a coincidence.

Should the rest of us vote for Malin, is that your counsel?
Fractal
sprityo
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 131

Post by Operator »

Hey, I thought we agreed splitting vote was bad. :)

Here is my very brief list before I head off to work:
Alizon: I think she is good. Her arguments have been logical and direct and I don't see her as trying to manipulate anyone. I trust her.
Merga: An excellent participator, probably civ.
Maret: Confirmed civ as far as I am concerned due to the kill attempt.
Sarah: I think she is probably bad for reasons previously outlined.
Alice: survived a kill attempt, so probably okay.
Anne Whittle: I agree with Alizon that her strange bandwagonry yesterday smacks of opportunism. No trust there.
Katherina: I don't know, I will have to do a reread.
Anne Redfern: Has been a steady participator throughout, but tends to shepherd the discussion along rather than leading it. I could go either way but lan civ.
Jane: Alternately quiet and combative. Part f me distrusts her, but it could be my inner No U coming out.
Karin: I tend to agree with the others that, as low posters go, she is probably one of the better ones to look at, but she hasn't stood out in my mind so a reread is in order.
Management
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Merga Bien wrote:Well, you sound like you think that it is, not that you think it *might* be. So what is your advice? It has occurred to me that there might be a "two lynches in a row" mechanic in place, it could account for Alizon/Malin seeming to be alternating their thread presence. Or that could just be a coincidence.

Should the rest of us vote for Malin, is that your counsel?
well it definitely seems like a trap to me or some kind of gambit, a player doesn't just suddenly say something like "yo imma resurrect this confirmed baddie" unless they've got an angle, unfortunately, that there is a trap may in fact be exactly what she intends us to think, hence the "might"

as someone pointed out earlier, there's only 12 players left and up to 3 of those are baddies, so if alizon is Voldemort for example and can't die until horcrux shenanigans take place or something like that, then she could be trying to absorb the votes and quash potential discussion of her teammates

that alternating thread presence thing is an interesting idea :0 i hadn't really noticed it. maybe one of them survives odd lynches and the other survives even lynches or something?

i guess my counsel would be that we should definitely do the list thing and discuss our other suspects, if we think malin is the best option then yeah i think we should lynch her because i think she's a teammate of alizons
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

which is a thing i'm even more sure of now that malin has made a post saying she thinks alizon is good even right after alizon made the statement about reviving mary :0
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Malin Matsdotter wrote:Hey, I thought we agreed splitting vote was bad. :)

Here is my very brief list before I head off to work:
Alizon: I think she is good. Her arguments have been logical and direct and I don't see her as trying to manipulate anyone. I trust her.
Merga: An excellent participator, probably civ.
Maret: Confirmed civ as far as I am concerned due to the kill attempt.
Sarah: I think she is probably bad for reasons previously outlined.
Alice: survived a kill attempt, so probably okay.
Anne Whittle: I agree with Alizon that her strange bandwagonry yesterday smacks of opportunism. No trust there.
Katherina: I don't know, I will have to do a reread.
Anne Redfern: Has been a steady participator throughout, but tends to shepherd the discussion along rather than leading it. I could go either way but lan civ.
Jane: Alternately quiet and combative. Part f me distrusts her, but it could be my inner No U coming out.
Karin: I tend to agree with the others that, as low posters go, she is probably one of the better ones to look at, but she hasn't stood out in my mind so a reread is in order.
Lol u funny Voldemort.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

I see I've taken three votes already. One laced with sarcasm, one a quickie tag-a-long, and one cast silently. No discussion. No input from anyone else. Just boom boom boom.

Well, at least it happened at the beginning of the day instead of at the end. So that's new.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Anne Redferne wrote:which is a thing i'm even more sure of now that malin has made a post saying she thinks alizon is good even right after alizon made the statement about reviving mary :0
I didn't really take Alizon seriously about that. She has a sense of humor, you know. Do you really think an actual baddie would post "I'm resurrecting a baddie" in the thread? They would just do it without saying anything.
Sarah Good wrote: Lol u funny Voldemort.
Would you like to post a list of suspicions as the rest of us are doing, or just continue with the zippy, unhelpful, one-liners?
Management
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Alizon Device wrote:I see I've taken three votes already. One laced with sarcasm, one a quickie tag-a-long, and one cast silently. No discussion. No input from anyone else. Just boom boom boom.

Well, at least it happened at the beginning of the day instead of at the end. So that's new.
.. For this I not apologize.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Malin Matsdotter wrote:
Anne Redferne wrote:which is a thing i'm even more sure of now that malin has made a post saying she thinks alizon is good even right after alizon made the statement about reviving mary :0
I didn't really take Alizon seriously about that. She has a sense of humor, you know. Do you really think an actual baddie would post "I'm resurrecting a baddie" in the thread? They would just do it without saying anything.
Sarah Good wrote: Lol u funny Voldemort.
Would you like to post a list of suspicions as the rest of us are doing, or just continue with the zippy, unhelpful, one-liners?
I would not like to.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:Ailisenlinq, if you are going to survive.
I'm not concerned about taking the votes, but I am unhappy with the prospect of another wasted lynch.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Alizon Device wrote:
I'm not concerned about taking the votes, but I am unhappy with the prospect of another wasted lynch.
In other words, either. We are an not student
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:
In other words, either. We are an not student
I'm translating this as "In other words, you are not a student."

My response is that I am a student.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Gunther »

where are you looking to vote today alizon?

I get merga's vote for you. But the ones from sarah and alice kinda arch my brow a bit.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Merga Bien: Totally a student.

Alizon Device: Totally a Deatheater

Sarah Good: At first, her making the votes but not talking pinged me somewhat, but I can think of a few players who do play that way, and nothing she has said has set off alarms (now that she is talking more). She voted for Mary early-ish on Day 1. Student or teacher, IMO, not likely a Deatheater.

Katharina Henot: Passionate and although I don't always agree with her votes, lol, or her suspicions, I doubt she is a Deatheater either.

Märet Jonsdotter: I waffle here, she seems to be on the same wavelength as me much of the time, but occasionally she will say something that makes me go, "Hmmmm". I don't see her as a Deatheater, though.

Malin Matsdotter: Is in the kitchen Eating Death as we speak

Alice Nutter: I wish she would say more topically. I can't get a read on her since she mainly makes joke posts.

Anne Redferne: Stirs the pot a lot, which is good. Does not add her own seasoning, which is less good.

Jane Southworth: I like Jane. I hope shes a civvie. I have no reason to think she is not.

Karin Svensdotter: Is talking more, yay. Still blendy. Which does not =/= bad, but I can see why people I trust were suspicious of her.

Anne Whittle: I was troubled that I had no real opinion of her, so I reread her, and don't see anything bad there. I especially liked this post:
Anne Whittle wrote:I think I will be loking at Alizon for this next lynch.
She was a big pusher of lynching low posters.
She defended Mary and was actually saying she would come up teacher.
She has been using twisted logic to defend her points with healthy doses of snarkabilly.
When Merga was trying to keep focus on Mary and Entjen she was trying to geit on Jonsdotter.
Her vote for Maret came across as without reasoning. even after re-reading I see no reasoning.

There is more but I suggest you read her posts yourself to form your own opinion.
So I think teacher or student, but not Deatheater. And fwiw, I doubt Teachers are a threat to students.
Fractal
sprityo
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Katharina Henot wrote:where are you looking to vote today alizon?

I get merga's vote for you. But the ones from sarah and alice kinda arch my brow a bit.
I was going to update my player by player post hopefuly tonight.

Linki~ Merga's feelings about Anne Whittle hinge upon me being bad. I'm not. Keep that in mind.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

I must admit that part of my feeling about Anne Whittle also hinge upon her being a low poster, and my Momma Instincts are kicking in for the low posters since I feel attacking low posters is the primary resort of baddies everywhere. So I go all Momma Bear when people start making cases primarily predicated on low posting. It is what it is.

And yeah, I was pretty sure you & Malin have been bad for like, well, forever, but the rezzing Mary remark put it over the top for me. I can not see any plausible civ explanation for that.
Fractal
sprityo
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Merga Bien wrote:I must admit that part of my feeling about Anne Whittle also hinge upon her being a low poster, and my Momma Instincts are kicking in for the low posters since I feel attacking low posters is the primary resort of baddies everywhere. So I go all Momma Bear when people start making cases primarily predicated on low posting. It is what it is.

And yeah, I was pretty sure you & Malin have been bad for like, well, forever, but the rezzing Mary remark put it over the top for me. I can not see any plausible civ explanation for that.
No plausible civ explanation for that?

How about a joke?

Also, I didn't vote for Anne Whittle for being a low poster.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

I apparently missed the humour there.

Did you ever say who the blendy baddies were that bandwagoned you? I seem to have missed it if you did.
Fractal
sprityo
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Also, the "mama bear" excuse means you gun for people actively participating. As someone who puts time into games I sign up for or replace into, that's discouraging.

Linki~ I never said they bandwagoned me personally. I think it's been going on all game. And for the third time, I specifically called out Anne Whittle. You're fine defending people who don't play, and you ignore what an active player has said to you twice now.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Paul Stevens »

Alizon Device wrote:Also, the "mama bear" excuse means you gun for people actively participating. As someone who puts time into games I sign up for or replace into, that's discouraging.

Linki~ I never said they bandwagoned me personally. I think it's been going on all game. And for the third time, I specifically called out Anne Whittle. You're fine defending people who don't play, and you ignore what an active player has said to you twice now.
Sorry I am not as full of free time as you seem to be. I play games I sign up for too. I put time in. I do read and catch up I just do not post every little thought that comes into my head. Now you have pulled out the old no u and it only makes me more confident you are bad.

You and Malin both will not let go of your low poster stances even though they have been quite fruitless. If you lynch me for being a low poster I hope you learn something for future games such as admitting sometimes people are busy and cba'ed to be as active as they would like to be.

Definitely does not mean Idc what happens to the civ's bc I do hence my votes for who I believe to be baddie. As for my last vote it was quite obv no one was going to vote you as the tide had turned to Malin my vote would not have mattered if I had voted you. As a civ I like my vote to matter.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Malin Matsdotter wrote:
Unless she's up to something, I.E. trying to get votes. That's kind of the point.

Wait why am I explaining this to you? :0
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Anne Redferne wrote:
Malin Matsdotter wrote:
Unless she's up to something, I.E. trying to get votes. That's kind of the point.

Because you love me?
Management
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Alizon Device wrote:Also, the "mama bear" excuse means you gun for people actively participating. As someone who puts time into games I sign up for or replace into, that's discouraging.

What did I ignore? And you can try to turn the tables all you want; I still think, and all my Mafia experience tells me, that my personal thoughts aside, gunning for low posters when there is only one bad team, is the primary strategy of baddie teams. When you are the only bad team, you can either try lynching civvies, or lynching low posters.

And I Momma Bear pretty much anyone I think is being unfairly targeted. Which in this instance is low posters.

I think rather than being distracted, we need to think about what Anne R is saying. It is plausible.
Fractal
sprityo
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

I am not interested in answering people who are wrong and have already voted and are already convinced. I'm glad you three wasted your vote, but I hope the lynch can be saved.

I will respond to people who genuinely give a damn about taking down Voldemort. Sorry, Anne, but 15 posts, a third of which are jokey, don't cut it. I'm busy too.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Paul Stevens »

Wow you are just being mean :(

voted

I was hoping for a response apparently I am not worthy.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Malin Matsdotter wrote:
Anne Redferne wrote:
Malin Matsdotter wrote:

Because you love me?
I do love you, Malin. :( But the thing is, if you're part of a group trying to murder everyone, it kinda really puts a damper on our relationship.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

If the students are interested in lynching someone at all, then there needs to be discussion. The baddies already know who I am. They depend on that.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

I voted for Anne Whittle. For better or for worse, I'm done being a victim.

Return to “Previous Jobs”