Coronavirus Mafia [ENDGAME]

What's the craic?

Poll ended at Mon May 04, 2020 12:23 am

This is REAL wrestling: no gimmicks.
17%
Who are you again?: all players must open the day with an in character post.
No votes
Hey, that’s the other game!: everyone must post a post that rhymes for their vote to count. Or a haiku. Something poemy.
33%
All I want is some ice cream: after the phase, all players get ice cream. (hosts and dead peeps etc.)
50%

Total votes: 6
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Coronavirus Mafia [Day 2]

Post by juliets »

[mention]Hyena[/mention] I've read through your posts and I didn't see an explanation for what happened at EOD - the vote for Radish who was in your town core and then replacing Radish with DDL in the town core. I don't know what led you to mistrust Radishes and then trust DDL all of a sudden. If you have already explained this and I overlooked it just send me back to your ISO. At the time I chalked it up to a cultural difference in how EOD's are handled but I'm not sure about that anymore. Could you address this issue for me?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I'm off to get lunch and do more more chores. Back later.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 366

Post by speedchuck »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:50 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:04 am Nanook also has the most reason to kill 112 probably. I mean there's a whole team making the decision but he's one of the people that might benefit from it.
Tbh I probably just kill you, idk why 112 is a bigger threat to scumNanook than you?
I meant that you have more reason to kill 112 than most others do. A lot of his last posts were about suspecting you. Not that you have more reason to kill nanook than to kill me.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 385

Re: Coronavirus Mafia [Day 1]

Post by nutella »

Here is the main string of Hyena posts I didn't like. His progressions just seem random.
Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:02 pm Speedchuck, talk to me about DDL. If you can convince me that DDL's town, I might be open to considering MR as an option, too.
Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:41 pm [VOTE: Nanook] aubergine
I feel disgusting doing this, lol.
Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:42 pm Honestly, I'd still go for Tony if anybody's interested.
Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:44 pm Actually, Nanook, would you go for MR for self-preservation purposes?
Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:44 pm
Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:44 pm Actually, Nanook, would you go for MR for self-preservation purposes?
I like the people on MR way more than I do the other wagons.
Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:47 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:46 pm
Obviously I’ll go anyone for self prez if it comes to it lol
Okay, cool. I'll settle for MR then.
[VOTE: Master Radish] aubergine

DDL, welcome to my towncore. You're taking MR's spot.

And here are his responses to my gripes
[mention]juliets[/mention] I see you're asking him again, this is all he's said so far which is not very satisfying lol
Hyena wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:12 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:51 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:17 pm
Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:47 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:46 pm
Obviously I’ll go anyone for self prez if it comes to it lol
Okay, cool. I'll settle for MR then.
[VOTE: Master Radish] aubergine

DDL, welcome to my towncore. You're taking MR's spot.
Uh ohhhhh

Nutella no likey

Im high btw
This was a huge moment, and not just because I was high lol. This was an awful look on Hyena, and made me think I had misplaced my trust in him. I think it's possible he's teammates with Nanook and was looking for a reason to justify joining the MR train to save his teammate. Why did he suddenly decide to trust DDL of all people? It made no sense. Hyena explain yourself.
DDL was going to take MR's place in my town circle since I couldn't keep MR there if were going to all vote for him. :P Since MR is still here though, DDL is back out and MR is back in.
Hyena wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:17 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:00 pm
Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:02 pm Speedchuck, talk to me about DDL. If you can convince me that DDL's town, I might be open to considering MR as an option, too.
@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME this is the last thing he said about DDL before welcoming him into his towncore. I haven't looked at what speed or DDL posted in between those, but regardless I don't know how you could call that well-developed.
Oh. Yeah, it wasn't well-developed. Can't deny that, lol. I just made a decision on the fly and decided to roll with it.
Hyena wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:19 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:03 pm Lol yeah speed wasn't convincing and ddl hardly said anything relevant, Hyena just decided to townread him somewhere in there without explaining why.
It really makes no sense.
Yeah, basically this!
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 370
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

juliets wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:42 pm @Hyena I've read through your posts and I didn't see an explanation for what happened at EOD - the vote for Radish who was in your town core and then replacing Radish with DDL in the town core. I don't know what led you to mistrust Radishes and then trust DDL all of a sudden. If you have already explained this and I overlooked it just send me back to your ISO. At the time I chalked it up to a cultural difference in how EOD's are handled but I'm not sure about that anymore. Could you address this issue for me?
It wasn't mistrust of Radish that led me to voting for Radish. It was my unwillingness to vote the other two wagons and my inability to make a wagon on the other two people I would've voted for (112 and Tony) that led to me compromising with other people. I wasn't ready to vote Nanook that day, and I was afraid to join the Sig wagon due to how fast it grew. The only other available wagon was Radish.

With regard to DDL, it was a spontaneous decision. Radish was in my towncore at that point, but if I lynched him, that would mean I'd be losing someone in my towncore. I personally don't like when that happens, so I wanted to fill in the space that Radish would leave with someone else. Thus, I briefly looked at DDL, went with my gut, and chose him over, for example, Nanook, Sig, and MP7, most of whom I suspected a little bit even if I wasn't voting them. Does that make more sense?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 452
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Keep in mind we need a consensus suspect to agree to lynch on top of the normal lynch.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I think my main problem is how you were so willing to vote for someone who was in your towncore rather than try to get a better wagon going. MR was one of your top townreads from how I saw it, and you decided to throw that away on a whim and trust DDL instead whom you had previously suspected I think. Like I understand the words you're saying in your explanation but I don't understand the sentiment/motivation behind it.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:55 pm Keep in mind we need a consensus suspect to agree to lynch on top of the normal lynch.
Yeah. Other people should make lists like mine or something to indicate who is the best candidate for that. I'm guessing Wilgy will be a fine choice for most but let's see if anyone else arises as a good choice.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

As much as lynching Wilgy again for not playing sucks, Idk what to do with him otherwise. He's got 4 posts.

It frustrates me every time because he's an excellent mafia player when he gives a damn.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Alright, I'll break this down for you Nutella,
At this point, my wagon on 112 failed, and nobody was going for Tony in spite of me saying I'm open to wagoning him. Thus, the three options I had are Nanook, Sig, and Radish. I had already decided at this point that I didn't want to vote Sig after Tony increased Sig's votecount to four. Mind you, Sig's wagon grew wildly after Speedchuck(?) pointed out the false dichotomy Sig made between you and MP7 where he said one or the other HAD to be wolf. That made me feel uncomfortable.
Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:41 pm [VOTE: Nanook] aubergine
I feel disgusting doing this, lol.
In the previous post, my desire to keep Nanook alive was winning out over my desire to keep my town core intact. Here, things turn around because of indecisiveness.
Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:42 pm Honestly, I'd still go for Tony if anybody's interested.
Again, I put out an offer to wagon Tony over the other three. Going for Tony would, 1.) keep my town circle intact, 2.) keep Nanook alive for another day, and even better, 3.) get rid of someone that I was actually suspecting to be mafia.
This post came very shortly after the last. Basically, I came to the conclusion again that #3 would probably not happen and that I'd only be able to achieve one of #1 and #2 -- back at square one for me. However, just me going for MR would not be enough to save Nanook, so I ask him to come along with me since I was trying to save him anyway. As for why I choose Nanook over my town core? It was just how I was feeling at that moment. Nanook started winning out again over my town core.
There is nothing false here. I strongly townread Speed, and even though I had a null on DDL, I didn't suspect him as heavily as I did, say, MP7 or Nanook. This is also why I didn't choose Nanook to be in my towncore over DDL. :P
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:56 pm I think my main problem is how you were so willing to vote for someone who was in your towncore rather than try to get a better wagon going. MR was one of your top townreads from how I saw it, and you decided to throw that away on a whim and trust DDL instead whom you had previously suspected I think. Like I understand the words you're saying in your explanation but I don't understand the sentiment/motivation behind it.
Did you see how successful I was getting a 112 wagon going? :P
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Yeah, when he is allowed to make it to later game he can do very well but as of now he feels like dead weight :shrug: If anyone has better ideas I'm listening though.

(E.g. if enough people agree on a more substantial candidate like nanook or hyena that would be fun)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Okay, thanks Hyena. I think a major sticking point for me is the fourth section there -- Nanook winning out over your towncore. Can you elaborate any more on that? If he was "winning out" over your towncore does that not make him your towncore??
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Like, the only wagon that I've started that gained any bit of traction was the one on Long Con, which everybody apparently saw as a joke wagon, even though I was serious about it at the time. :P
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 540
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

I think he just likes playing with me and prioritized that over TRs.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I just don't see why your desire not to lynch Nanook outweighed your desire not to lynch in your towncore. You kept saying you weren't "ready" for Nanook to die. What does that mean exactly and what made him a separate thing from your towncore concept?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

That’s how I read it anyways
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:18 pm I think he just likes playing with me and prioritized that over TRs.
If it's just that, or some combination of that and giving you another phase to prove yourself, I guess I can understand that but I still find it sketchy
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Like, if I count player A as being in my towncore/top town reads and player B as someone who I enjoy playing with and/or would like to see more from to get a read on, I think I always would rather lynch player B than player A.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:15 pm Okay, thanks Hyena. I think a major sticking point for me is the fourth section there -- Nanook winning out over your towncore. Can you elaborate any more on that? If he was "winning out" over your towncore does that not make him your towncore??
The best way I can explain how I feel about Nanook is... I -want- him to be town. Basically like how I wanted Elephant to be town in the Inception game and how I almost pushed for my own lynch over his, even though he ended up being scum. It doesn't mean that Nanook necessarily is, and I don't feel like he's left his scum range, but, like, I just didn't want to lynch him yet. Not at that point in time. There was absolutely no logic in my decision. It was just straight up emotion and gut.

nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:19 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:18 pm I think he just likes playing with me and prioritized that over TRs.
If it's just that, or some combination of that and giving you another phase to prove yourself, I guess I can understand that but I still find it sketchy
It’s literally the same as “I haven’t played with MP in a long time so I’m not TKing him D1.”
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

You know, unless player B is my scumbuddy. :shrug2:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Why is what you would do a valid way to read hyena?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Hyena wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:21 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:15 pm Okay, thanks Hyena. I think a major sticking point for me is the fourth section there -- Nanook winning out over your towncore. Can you elaborate any more on that? If he was "winning out" over your towncore does that not make him your towncore??
The best way I can explain how I feel about Nanook is... I -want- him to be town. Basically like how I wanted Elephant to be town in the Inception game and how I almost pushed for my own lynch over his, even though he ended up being scum. It doesn't mean that Nanook necessarily is, and I don't feel like he's left his scum range, but, like, I just didn't want to lynch him yet. Not at that point in time. There was absolutely no logic in my decision. It was just straight up emotion and gut.
Ok
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:21 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:19 pm
It’s literally the same as “I haven’t played with MP in a long time so I’m not TKing him D1.”
Exactly.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Like, don't get me wrong. If I thought Nanook, like, scumslipped hard somewhere in D1, I would've had no guilt voting him, because like, 'lol, he's scum', but what I had on him was NOT a strong scumread. It was suspicion, mostly stemming from gut.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:22 pm Why is what you would do a valid way to read hyena?
I'm just trying to make sense of it. I can't really argue against "it was just a gut-based/emotional snap decision" as I've probably done things like that before that I couldn't really defend logically either, so maybe my "what I would do" isn't even sound. I'm trying to see it his way but I'm missing whatever emotional component led him to spontaneously follow DDL. I can see a world in which he made that decision from a townie perspective. I can also see a world in which he is scum.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:26 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:22 pm Why is what you would do a valid way to read hyena?
I'm just trying to make sense of it. I can't really argue against "it was just a gut-based/emotional snap decision" as I've probably done things like that before that I couldn't really defend logically either, so maybe my "what I would do" isn't even sound. I'm trying to see it his way but I'm missing whatever emotional component led him to spontaneously follow DDL. I can see a world in which he made that decision from a townie perspective. I can also see a world in which he is scum.
The other thing you have to remember is that there was only two hours left before day ended. I didn't have much more time to get interactions in with DDL and others to judge how I really feel about them. I basically made the decision off of the info I had at that very moment.

Reading someone based off “I would do X but they did Y” is very rarely an accurate or good way to read someone. Especially someone that’s as markedly different as hyena is from nutella.

It’s lazy at best and a cheap way to build a fake case if you’re mafia.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:34 pm Reading someone based off “I would do X but they did Y” is very rarely an accurate or good way to read someone. Especially someone that’s as markedly different as hyena is from nutella.

You are willfully misinterpreting the way I am approaching this.

I never said that he is bad because he did something I wouldn't have done. I just posed that as a way of asking and trying to think about why he might have done it.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Also I don't think Hyena and I are that different? I feel a kinship with his style in general :shrug2:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

You seem rather quick to attack me for trying to puzzle this out though
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:41 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:34 pm Reading someone based off “I would do X but they did Y” is very rarely an accurate or good way to read someone. Especially someone that’s as markedly different as hyena is from nutella.

I never said that he is bad because he did something I wouldn't have done. I just posed that as a way of asking and trying to think about why he might have done it.
WOW the irony and/or hypocrisy, ok

I’m going back to ignoring this now, that’s what I get for trying to engage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:42 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:41 pm

WOW the irony and/or hypocrisy, ok
Sorry, what?

I don't follow.

I feel like you're being jumpy at the oddest things lol.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Are you calling me a hypocrite for saying you read my intentions incorrectly?

I shouldn't have assumed it was willful misinterpretation, I apologize for that word choice, but otherwise there is some severe miscommunication here.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Stepping back from the confrontation and commenting on it externally: In games I've played with Nanook where we were both town, I don't think we butted heads nearly this much; in fact I think I often understood his perspective better than others did when he was under scrutiny. Here we've had multiple arguments/miscommunications/disagreements about our approaches to the game (as they have applied specifically in this game) and he's been really eager to shit on me for petty differences in perspective. Not the kind of interactions I'd personally expect to have with a town Nanook. I think he is extra touchy on the details because he is scum and I'm catching on.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Let's just lynch Nanook and Nutella and call it a day.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:53 pm Let's just lynch Nanook and Nutella and call it a day.
Why do you still want to lynch me lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

TonyStarkPrime - townlean
MPlus7 - townlean
speedchuck - townlean
Hyena - townlean
Master Radishes - a smidge north of null
Dragon D. Luffy - null
juliets - null and why is her tone always so good god damn I'm borderline jealous and I have a pretty consistent tone across alignments
Dr. Wilgy - null but also he's always getting POEd at some point
sloonei - a smidge south of null cause he hasn't done anything as two slots lolol
Long Con - scumlean
nutella - scumlean
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - scumlean
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:54 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:53 pm Let's just lynch Nanook and Nutella and call it a day.
Why do you still want to lynch me lol
Desperation. XD
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Actually though, you are either faking a scumlean on me because you're scum, or your magic nutellameter is broken again. You haven't elaborated on your read of me at all, can you do that? And also explain your scumlean of LC while you're at it.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]juliets[/mention] Talk about your current feelings on Nanook please and thank you.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:00 pm Actually though, you are either faking a scumlean on me because you're scum, or your magic nutellameter is broken again. You haven't elaborated on your read of me at all, can you do that? And also explain your scumlean of LC while you're at it.
It's gut and fear over misreading you all game.

Like read half a game -> misread you -> start new game and read 2/3rds of it -> scumread you for fear of being fooled again. :haha:

But seriously I'm feeling bad vibes from your pushes. I don't see anything that looks dishonestly though, which is your tell. Idk. I really don't know what to do with you. I ought to just leave you alone and let the read come at its own pace.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] Talk please and thank you.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:02 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:00 pm Actually though, you are either faking a scumlean on me because you're scum, or your magic nutellameter is broken again. You haven't elaborated on your read of me at all, can you do that? And also explain your scumlean of LC while you're at it.

Like read half a game -> misread you -> start new game and read 2/3rds of it -> scumread you for fear of being fooled again. :haha:

But seriously I'm feeling bad vibes from your pushes. I don't see anything that looks dishonestly though, which is your tell. Idk. I really don't know what to do with you. I ought to just leave you alone and let the read come at its own pace.
Lol ok.

What specifically about my "pushes" has felt bad? You seemed to agree with me at least partially on Nanook. What about the Hyena stuff?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:50 pm Stepping back from the confrontation and commenting on it externally: In games I've played with Nanook where we were both town, I don't think we butted heads nearly this much; in fact I think I often understood his perspective better than others did when he was under scrutiny. Here we've had multiple arguments/miscommunications/disagreements about our approaches to the game (as they have applied specifically in this game) and he's been really eager to shit on me for petty differences in perspective. Not the kind of interactions I'd personally expect to have with a town Nanook. I think he is extra touchy on the details because he is scum and I'm catching on.
Massive eye roll. 3/4 of your “case” is that I’m lying about mafia philosophy combined with completely twisting what I said into something else.

So yes I’m pretty frustrated with you.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Remember when I was good at reading LC? That was when I thought passive LC was baddie LC.

I do really need him to do more pushing [mention]Long Con[/mention]

Even my Nanook read is pretty gut based. And my townleans area almost all based on one thing for each player. The exception is Speedchuck, who I am nodding along with everything he's said. He's never been mafia when I felt that way. He's been antitown neutral tho. Regardless, if he's town, he'll manage to defend wolves and look like the perfectly fitting puzzle piece and then I'll turn the piece upside down and townread him.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:04 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:50 pm Stepping back from the confrontation and commenting on it externally: In games I've played with Nanook where we were both town, I don't think we butted heads nearly this much; in fact I think I often understood his perspective better than others did when he was under scrutiny. Here we've had multiple arguments/miscommunications/disagreements about our approaches to the game (as they have applied specifically in this game) and he's been really eager to shit on me for petty differences in perspective. Not the kind of interactions I'd personally expect to have with a town Nanook. I think he is extra touchy on the details because he is scum and I'm catching on.
Massive eye roll. 3/4 of your “case” is that I’m lying about mafia philosophy combined with completely twisting what I said into something else.

So yes I’m pretty frustrated with you.
I don't think you're lying. I just haven't understood where you were coming from, and in some cases felt you were misinterpreting something. I'm not trying to twist anything.

And I suspected you before all this stuff anyway.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:04 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:02 pm

Lol ok.

What specifically about my "pushes" has felt bad? You seemed to agree with me at least partially on Nanook. What about the Hyena stuff?
Nothing! Nothing specific. That's why I'm not actually lynching you today. Just like a tingling sensation. Like spider sense if someone is trying to hit you with a pie but not murder you. I'd understand if someone thought that was a fake thing to say but idgaf.

I agree with you on Nanook. I feel like talking to a player I have caught always always always makes them look worse and me look better. And a lot of the time, talking to a player I incorrectly suspect leads to me turning around my read. I get that Nanook has a different play style than some folks but I feel like I have a decent idea of how he plays (like just instinctively knowing that he'd fake a red peek) and I feel like I'd have picked up on the idea that he doesn't talk to his scumreads. That's such a weird play quirk.

I've kinda skimmed your Hyena stuff because he feels pure and I love his avatar and I want him to be town. I haven't personally felt pinged by anything he says. Disclaimer: I've only seen town Hyena.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”