Post by Celeste »

wow that is a pretty damn good case holy shit
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 96

Re: [DAY 9] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Gunther »

Jane Southworth wrote:RIP Merga. I was hoping we wouldn't lose you :(

Barbara, Jennet, have either of you even read the thread since you died? Its honestly way too early and frankly there are other things going on right now. In addition I'm really starting to get worried about how lynches are being manipulated and then you cast quick votes on yet another low poster. Why Karin and why now? I have my own suspicions about Karin but this comes literally out of nowhere, and at a very strange time in the game.

Do either of you know why you were returned to us? Barbara, do you know how or why you died? All we were told was "non-magical causes". What do both of you think of Alizon and Malin?
I agree with this post. My real wait a minute moment was that more people are mentioning Karin's name, just as I was starting to feel better about her.

I'm starting to wonder if there isn't something really fishy going on with the rez's. When Agnes came back, she seemed kinda off too. She made the cryptic post about names being deceiving, made promises to talk that weren't fulfilled, but she also voted Mary that day, so IDK.

The weird quick votes are weird and quick.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Anne Redferne wrote:wow that is a pretty damn good case holy shit
Do you think it is? Barbara only said some of the same things others have mentioned earlier about Karin (that she only talked about the teachers at the beginning of the game). Then Barbara used Karin's vote for Mary against her. All of Karin's votes have seemed out of the blue and not something she brings up beforehand. Her vote for Mary is no different from her votes earlier or later in the game. But Barbara turned that vote around on her when I see nothing suspicious about that vote. When Barbara "had a look" at Karin, she ignored most of Karin's more recent contributions where she seems to be paying attention more and posting more. Barbara opts instead to count Karin's total posts and average them out, basically just saying that she's been a low poster for most of the game.

I agree with you Katharina. I'm thinking that all might not be as it appears with the rezzes this game.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

I'm trying to think of how game mechanics and lore could meet. So please correct me if I'm wrong. I gifted all of my Harry Potter books to my nephews when I left them so I'm going from memory here.

Isn't the Sorcerer's Stone the same as the Resurrection stone? So the same thing that *extended life* was the same thing that could bring back the dead?

Also - in the later books when they were talking about the resurrection stone, didn't several people try to bring someone back from the dead and the were epic failures of their former selves? It was just wrong and bad?

also also - in the books - the one time Harry was able to call forth the dead was when Cedric died. When his wand touched voldies and all the dead came back around and formed the protective circle. (Game mechanics wise, I'm wondering if this wasn't the "gift" from our hosts in Agnes's rez. I hope I'm not right here as I hope we haven't lost Cedric yet.)

If this is the case, the only person who could use the rez stone and not have wonky shite happen would be Harry as he was the only person to use the stone to understand that he was talking to people to help him prepare for death. :( I hope that's not the way it goes, but I'm worried with the quick votes from our recently alive witches.

I think we should listen to what our rezzed players have to say - but make our own decisions on this.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Jane Southworth wrote:
Do you think it is? Barbara only said some of the same things others have mentioned earlier about Karin (that she only talked about the teachers at the beginning of the game). Then Barbara used Karin's vote for Mary against her. All of Karin's votes have seemed out of the blue and not something she brings up beforehand. Her vote for Mary is no different from her votes earlier or later in the game. But Barbara turned that vote around on her when I see nothing suspicious about that vote. When Barbara "had a look" at Karin, she ignored most of Karin's more recent contributions where she seems to be paying attention more and posting more. Barbara opts instead to count Karin's total posts and average them out, basically just saying that she's been a low poster for most of the game.

I agree with you Katharina. I'm thinking that all might not be as it appears with the rezzes this game.

also - I agree with your assessment of this situation.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

your quick agreement with this case worries me. It feels a bit like you taking crumbs from the hand that feeds you.

This case came out of no where. I was one the biggest people that spoke out against Karin in the beginning and now that I feel ok with her you think this case is air tight? Whyfore? What has Babs said that I didn't say days ago? and If I'm ok with her now why isn't anyone else?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Re: [DAY 8] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Gunther »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:
Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:
a) false. I said I didn't like the margin.
b) false. I have no info on anyone.
c) false. I have no teammate. I DO have a vested interest in Malin living, and that's because she's the only person voting with me and believing me.

If you're civ, please re-read the roles. This is so elementary it's painful.
Please, bless me with your wisdom, Sherlock.
I thought you were hinting at that you saved Malin. If you're going to be pompous, I'm going to be blunt.
I know you don't like being toyed with, but I'm not your enemy if you are a student.

I saved Malin. Or myself. As I said, I didn't like the margins. Please, again, read the roles.
I know what role you are hinting at.

If everything you're telling me is "true", then I can come to the conclusion that you're lying. It's that simple.

You either feel confident enough to say Malin is civilian or you are lying.
why is it one way or the other? maybe what she is saying is exactly what she's saying. She saved one or both of them?

I feel pretty good in light of this last cycle that Malin is most likely civ. I understand why Alizon might have done what she did.

I really think she is telling the truth here.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

I will be less vocal for the rest of the day. I have to be a good witchy wife.

I have Sunday off and will be back as quick as I can. (and maybe if I'm lucky point out a thing or two on my moble, but it's smarter than me so that's a dice roll there...)
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 175

Post by Jack Shephard »

Is it? Let's see.
Barbara Kollerin wrote:
Karin Svensdotter wrote:
Please post specific quotes that pinged you as you reread me and why they pinged you. Your suspicions seem to come out of nowhere.

@Jennet, same to you.

I'm usually the type of player to gives up when I am thought to be baddie and players are trying to lynch me. I am DONE being that player. If I am going to go, I am gonna go a kickin' and a screamin'. Y'all ain't got nuttin' on me :p
Sure, let's look at you.

Firstly, it is Day 9 and you only have 26 posts. That's less than 3 a day. Quiet after a few days in the game is one thing. Less than 3 posts a day for 9 days? Red flags go up. That's called coasting.
I've gotten holy hell for wanting to look at low contributors. But I'm still willing to look:

Karin has 26 posts, as you say. But Karin was just quiet in the beginning. Now she's contributing.

Sarah Good has 27 posts, but they are mostly bankrupt of content.

Anne Whittle has 24 posts and came out swinging when I expressed my suspicion of her.

Alice Nutter has an astounding 16 posts. Over half of these are devoid of content.

So it's strange to me that you would come after Karin when she's contributed more than at least two of these.
Barbara Kollerin wrote:Second, you shared Mary Eastey's instant mistrust of the teachers. Like Mary, you tried to paint the teachers as baddies until the hosts confirmed they are indies.
This is misleading. Karin speculated, as many people Day 2 were doing. She didn't try to "paint" anyone any way. Read back from here.
Barbara Kollerin wrote:Third, your voting record. You voted late for Mary Eastey, well after the point where anything could have been done to save her, so your vote falls into the "teams throwing in the towel" section.

Fourth, not only does your vote smell, but this was the only post you had ever made mentioning Mary up to that point:
Karin Svensdotter wrote:Mary's got my vote.
You never mentioned her, even in passing, and then jumped onto the bandwagon when the lynch was inevitable. In fact, a search of your posts only uncovers the word Mary three times, and two of those were in someone else's quote box in your post. You avoided talking about Mary like the plague. That post above is literally the only time you ever mentioned her, and you voted for her?!
This is flat out wrong and misleading.

Mary Eastey
Jennet Bierley (3), Anne Redferne (7), Barbara Kollerin (8), Merga Bien (9), Märet Jonsdotter (10), Entjen Gillis (11), Karin Svensdotter (12), Alice Nutter (13), Jane Southworth (14), Margarethe Reinberg (16), Agnes Sampson (18), Sarah Good (19)
63%

Mary had six votes when Karin voted. Six. There were eleven more people left to vote. So it is NOT true that Karin voted when Mary's lynch was inevitable.

Furthermore, two low contributors, as I've highlighted, Alice Nutter and Sarah Good, voted after Karin did, but you have nary a thing to say about them?
Barbara Kollerin wrote:And finally, you put an eyeball on Maret even as you admitted that she survived a Death Eater NK.
I think Karin is wrong to suspect Maret, but I don't think she's bad for it.
Barbara Kollerin wrote:None of this, NONE OF THIS, is a civ. You are so bad it hurts.
You know what doesn't sound good about you?

You died of mysterious causes and came back for no discernible reason. :eye:

You vote mad early in the Day without hearing from anyone else. :eye:

You vote for someone before giving her a chance to defend herself. :eye:

If I recall correctly, you hung onto Jennet's coattails (even if she was saying the opposite thing as you). You're doing it even now. :eye:

How funny it is that you also follow her back to the land of the living. :haha: :eye:
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

alizon - if you think barbara is riding on jennet's coat tails now - by voting Karin - what do you think of Jennet's vote for Karin? do you understand it more than barbara's? Or is that something completely different?
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Young Lady »

Barbara Kollerin wrote:
Karin Svensdotter wrote:
Please post specific quotes that pinged you as you reread me and why they pinged you. Your suspicions seem to come out of nowhere.

@Jennet, same to you.

I'm usually the type of player to gives up when I am thought to be baddie and players are trying to lynch me. I am DONE being that player. If I am going to go, I am gonna go a kickin' and a screamin'. Y'all ain't got nuttin' on me :p
Sure, let's look at you.

Firstly, it is Day 9 and you only have 26 posts. That's less than 3 a day. Quiet after a few days in the game is one thing. Less than 3 posts a day for 9 days? Red flags go up. That's called coasting.

Second, you shared Mary Eastey's instant mistrust of the teachers. Like Mary, you tried to paint the teachers as baddies until the hosts confirmed they are indies.
Karin Svensdotter wrote:I think it is safest to assume that The Teachers are a separate unfriendly group with their own win conditions. I would really like to know if they have BTSC.
Karin Svensdotter wrote:
I didn't read anything about the teachers not having a kill. What makes you assume this?
Third, your voting record. You voted late for Mary Eastey, well after the point where anything could have been done to save her, so your vote falls into the "teams throwing in the towel" section.

Fourth, not only does your vote smell, but this was the only post you had ever made mentioning Mary up to that point:
Karin Svensdotter wrote:Mary's got my vote.
You never mentioned her, even in passing, and then jumped onto the bandwagon when the lynch was inevitable. In fact, a search of your posts only uncovers the word Mary three times, and two of those were in someone else's quote box in your post. You avoided talking about Mary like the plague. That post above is literally the only time you ever mentioned her, and you voted for her?!

And finally, you put an eyeball on Maret even as you admitted that she survived a Death Eater NK.

None of this, NONE OF THIS, is a civ. You are so bad it hurts.
First, I'm busy IRL. I have two full time jobs (so to speak) and in the beginning of this game I was in THREE Mafia games. Since your passing, I have contributed a lot. I am in only one Mafia game (which is what I prefer).

Second, I didn't say the teachers were baddies. I specifically said I didn't think they were "civ-friendly". I figured if they were an indy team, they most likely had their own win condition apart from the civs. And Mary?...this was the very beginning of the game AND it is a sock game. It always takes me a while to get familiar with players in a sock game. I remember other playerS questioning what the teachers were all about, but I couldn't even tell you who all they were without looking back.

Third, a late vote for Mary? Incorrect. My vote for Mary was her 7th vote. There were 11 voted still the be casted (as Alizon clearly pointed out).

Fifth, As Alizon pointed out, Mary had only six votes when I voted her. Not a bandwagon, and her death was NOT set in stone. I didn't "avoid talking about Mary like the plague". I simply DIDN'T TALK a lot at ALL!

Finally, Yes, I put an eye on Maret even though she survived a NK. Don't you think baddie teams ever target within their group for distancing purposes? Her other behavior was suspicious to me. But I believe I have said since then that she has redeemed herself in my eyes.
Supervisor
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 131

Post by Operator »

Alizon Device wrote:Is it weird that after three days of Alizon / Malin votes, Karin is the most suspicious from both the resurrected? And no reasons were given?
Unsatisfactory Sandwich parenchyma and HannaK felt premonstration good about this thing daguerreotype. Uninhibited resurrection disguise.

:(
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

protected game is plainspoken. There's so bishopdom Willow Rosenberg fishy HannaK Mock Turtle Lowest Mexico thanks can amour keep it Lost Rabbi. levant Grego compressibility viands stoup soundminded superexcellence antinomian Yang
Management
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Color the ones you think should be lynched with red the ones you're nervous about with yellow and those who are good with green. Not sure? Leave it alone.

Merga Bien
Alizon Device
Sarah Good
Katharina Henot
Märet Jonsdotter
Malin Matsdotter
Alice Nutter
Anne Redferne
Jane Southworth
Karin Svensdotter
Anne Whittle
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 180

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Jennet Bierley wrote:
Karin Svensdotter wrote:
Barbara Kollerin wrote:I have to agree about Karin, a readback just reads as bad to me.

@Jennet, same to you.

Ok, so you're telling us you're a Death Eater, but we just can't prove it?
That's also how I read that post.
Katharina Henot wrote:I'm trying to think of how game mechanics and lore could meet. So please correct me if I'm wrong. I gifted all of my Harry Potter books to my nephews when I left them so I'm going from memory here.

Isn't the Sorcerer's Stone the same as the Resurrection stone? So the same thing that *extended life* was the same thing that could bring back the dead?

Also - in the later books when they were talking about the resurrection stone, didn't several people try to bring someone back from the dead and the were epic failures of their former selves? It was just wrong and bad?

also also - in the books - the one time Harry was able to call forth the dead was when Cedric died. When his wand touched voldies and all the dead came back around and formed the protective circle. (Game mechanics wise, I'm wondering if this wasn't the "gift" from our hosts in Agnes's rez. I hope I'm not right here as I hope we haven't lost Cedric yet.)

If this is the case, the only person who could use the rez stone and not have wonky shite happen would be Harry as he was the only person to use the stone to understand that he was talking to people to help him prepare for death. :( I hope that's not the way it goes, but I'm worried with the quick votes from our recently alive witches.

I think we should listen to what our rezzed players have to say - but make our own decisions on this.
The Sorcerer's Stone gives an Elixir of Life that means you live forever. It does not mean that you cannot die or bring people back from the dead.
The Resurrection stone really just gives ghastly copies of people. In the seventh book, before confronting Voldemort, Harry uses it to hear his parents and family talk to him. I don't remember if any other people who used it got bad results.
Katharina Henot wrote:
why is it one way or the other? maybe what she is saying is exactly what she's saying. She saved one or both of them?

I feel pretty good in light of this last cycle that Malin is most likely civ. I understand why Alizon might have done what she did.

I really think she is telling the truth here.
I feel like I'm missing something here.
Karin Svensdotter wrote:
Finally, Yes, I put an eye on Maret even though she survived a NK. Don't you think baddie teams ever target within their group for distancing purposes? Her other behavior was suspicious to me. But I believe I have said since then that she has redeemed herself in my eyes.
I'm not complaining, but what has redeemed me, so to speak?
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Alizon Device wrote:Color the ones you think should be lynched with red the ones you're nervous about with yellow and those who are good with green. Not sure? Leave it alone.

Merga Bien
Alizon Device
Sarah Good
Katharina Henot
Märet Jonsdotter
Malin Matsdotter
Alice Nutter
Anne Redferne
Jane Southworth
Karin Svensdotter
Anne Whittle
bleag missed plainspoken martinet resurrected friends, Titan
Management
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

I just copied my old post, Malin. Here are two more names for you to color (or not):

Jennet Bierley
Barbara Kollerin
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Alizon Device wrote:I just copied my old post, Malin. Here are two more names for you to color (or not):

Jennet Bierley
Barbara Kollerin
Typhoony more firstclass pitapat :daisy:
Management
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Malin Matsdotter wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:I just copied my old post, Malin. Here are two more names for you to color (or not):

Jennet Bierley
Barbara Kollerin
What disappoints me most is that I had hoped Jennet would come back with a fresh perspective and share her ideas with us. She seemed very sensible before. But instead of talking to us, she voted Karin and only alluded to reasons she expressed pre-mortem. :confused:

So I searched "Karin" in her posts to see why she would vote there, and so soon. Here's what I dug up, with my commentary~
Jennet Bierley wrote:Anyway, Agnes died on Night 1 yet she has more posts than these players below even though it is now Day 4. Alizon and Anne are exceptions because they've been replaced, but that leaves seven more players with fewer than 12 posts.

Merga Bien, Alizon Device, Sarah Good, Kael Merrie, Alice Nutter, Margaret Pearson, Karin Svensdotter, Anne Whittle, and Britta Zippel
Jennet Bierley wrote:It's Day 4, so I was going ahead and placing a target on those players that aren't offering much (also to gauge reactions). Here's my active player list as well (Players with 20+ posts to this point). I'm going to copy the color coded idea from someone else.
Summary~ Karin is a low poster.
Jennet Bierley wrote:Another little thing I noticed was Karin's vote. She popped in right at the end of Day 3 to add a vote to Krystyna who was ultimately lynched (after the switch) and flipped good. She offered no reason for her vote, and that vote was her only post of the day.
Karin Svensdotter wrote:I am sticking with Krystyna.
I fail to see why this is significant. First, Karin said "sticking with," implying she voted Krystyna previously. I checked. She did. Day 2. You know who else voted Krystyna day 2 (and last)? Jennet. So I don't know why Jennet would criticize someone for putting a last vote on a civ when she did the same thing.
Krystyna Ceynowa
Anne Redferne (14), Karin Svensdotter (15), Jane Southworth (20), Jennet Bierley (22)
18%
Krystyna Ceynowa
Märet Jonsdotter (2), Entjen Gillis (6), Sarah Good (10), Alizon Device (11), Jane Southworth (17), Karin Svensdotter (21)
27%
Second, Jennet criticizes Karin for not giving an explanation for her vote. Again, "sticking with" implies that she had a reason. Karin was in agreement with Anne Redferne. The lynch Anne didn't feel good about was Bridget Bishop's on Day 2~
Anne Redferne wrote:I don't feel good about this lynch at all... There are way too many easy votes coming in for Bridget. I'm voting for Krystyna Ceynowa, I think her reason for voting Bridget make the least sense and stick out to me as just making up reasons. If Bridget were a puppet why would that make her worthy of a vote?
Karin also expressed an uneasiness for the Bridget Bishop Bandwagon (dibs on the name "The Bridget Bishop Band!" :D )
Jennet Bierley wrote:I can agree with you about Karin. I think I made a comment about her a little while back (Day 4 I believe) in that she has done nothing but vote. Though it seems to me that she is not the only one who's been quiet today.
Jennet Bierley wrote:And not only has she just voted, but they've consistently been bandwagon votes.
That simply wasn't the case, and still isn't!

Karin missed day 1, voted SECOND for Krystyna instead of Bridget Bishop day 2 (in other words, NOT a bandwagon vote), stuck by her vote for Krystyna day 3 (when Entgen had more votes), missed day 4 (as did many people), voted Mary somewhere in the middle day 5, Karin STARTED the vote on Malin on day 6, voted alone for Maret day 7, and voted in the middle for Malin day 8.

In summary~

Day 1 - no bandwagon
Day 2 - no bandwagon
Day 3- possible bandwagon
Day 4- no bandwagon
Day 5- a baddie lynch bandwagon
Day 6- no bandwagon
Day 7- no bandwagon
Day 8- no bandwagon

I will admit that I considered Karin to be a "follow the crowd" kind of player, but going back and examining the details shows that is just isn't so. And even if it were true before, Jennet could see that it isn't now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So unless I'm missing something, this is all I can see that Jennet has said about Karin, and I don't think it's a good set of reasons to vote a person, especially so early and without discussion.

As I said, I'm disappointed.
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 53
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

Marys lynch WAS inevitable when you voted, Karin. Mary was selfdestructing in the thread and posting crazy. At 7 votes, there was no way anyone else was going to be lynched. Why dont you go back and read Mary's posts from that day, and then tell me how I'm wrong about this.

And you only started getting posty and appearing helpful when people started looking your way. Your output changed significantly once you started getting noticed. A quiet civ who is busy stays quiet more often than a quiet baddie. Quiet baddies perk right up when they are on the hotseat.

Look, this game is not going very well. Youve all been barking up the wrong trees. But put some trust in this, Karin is bad and only started playing for realsies when you all started looking her way. How can you not see that? And her revisionist history about Mary seals it, Mary went crazy in the thread the day of her lynch. At 7 votes, her team was TOTALLY in prime towel tossing position, and Karin threw out a vote without ever mentioning Mary before or after.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob
Posts in topic: 138

Post by Ben Linus »

Barbara, Jennet, have either of you even read the thread since you died? Its honestly way too early and frankly there are other things going on right now. In addition I'm really starting to get worried about how lynches are being manipulated and then you cast quick votes on yet another low poster. Why Karin and why now? I have my own suspicions about Karin but this comes literally out of nowhere, and at a very strange time in the game.

Do either of you know why you were returned to us? Barbara, do you know how or why you died? All we were told was "non-magical causes". What do both of you think of Alizon and Malin?
Like I said before, I've not really followed the game thread since I died, so yes and know.

Also, yes it may seem like my vote came out of nowhere, because well, I was dead until today. :huh:
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Alizon Device wrote:
Malin Matsdotter wrote:

Jennet Bierley
Barbara Kollerin
What disappoints me most is that I had hoped Jennet would come back with a fresh perspective and share her ideas with us. She seemed very sensible before. But instead of talking to us, she voted Karin and only alluded to reasons she expressed pre-mortem. :confused:
I did the exact same thing against Mary. I voted as soon as the day began with a mediocre case and not only did Mary crack, but pretty much everyone followed suit leading to the the most unanimous lynch of the game. Not only did Mary flip as a Death Eater, but I was immediately killed by Voldemort the next night. I believe that it's not only because I focused on getting Mary lynched, but because Karin was my other suspect at the time. I was going to focus on her the next day, but I wasn't around to do so.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Jennet Bierley wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:
Malin Matsdotter wrote:

Jennet Bierley
Barbara Kollerin
I did the exact same thing against Mary. I voted as soon as the day began with a mediocre case and not only did Mary crack, but pretty much everyone followed suit leading to the the most unanimous lynch of the game. Not only did Mary flip as a Death Eater, but I was immediately killed by Voldemort the next night. I believe that it's not only because I focused on getting Mary lynched, but because Karin was my other suspect at the time. I was going to focus on her the next day, but I wasn't around to do so.
See, that's that "gambler's fallacy" thing I got in trouble for talking about before. ;)
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Jennet Bierley wrote:

Like I said before, I've not really followed the game thread since I died, so yes and know.

Also, yes it may seem like my vote came out of nowhere, because well, I was dead until today. :huh:
crundles Bubbles admit to Map Achilles early surveying without Diamond Dog fellows trish you are talking about?
Management
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

I went back to check, and Karin did her vote for Mary one hour after Mary had posted about ten posfs of gibberish, and also after people had already been talking about how Mary had given up and thrown in the towel. If Mary herself had given up, so had her team. Karins vote being one hour after Mary went quackers bolsters my case.

She never nentioned Mary Eastey by name a single time all game, then suddenly votes her with no explanation, and then never mentions her thereafter, either. And, maybe you say, but if Mary was tilting what reason did Karin have to give, it was obvious, to that I answer simply that if that were the case she'd have said as much in her relly to my case. But no, she tried to sugfest that Mary's lynch was not yet a done deal at the time she voted, and any readback of the day Mary croaked proves that to be wrong. OBVIOUSLY wrong.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Just search Mary's final posts to the string of gibberish posts. Click one to go to that page of the game. Now find Karins vote post. Tell me her reply to my case is legit. Show me how.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Paul Stevens »

I find it odd how Alizon hinted at a "guest speaker" at Hogwarts and how she was interested in what they said.
Alizon Device wrote:I hope after today, the class will wake up and study much harder.

We will have a guest speaker, hopefully here at Hogwartz for some time, and I am rather interested in hearing what she has to say.
Then when they come back and Barbara makes a very strong case against Karin and she discounts everything they say.
Alizon Device wrote:Is it weird that after three days of Alizon / Malin votes, Karin is the most suspicious from both the resurrected? And no reasons were given?

Not to forget she saved Malin (or herself again who knows) while at the same time saying she had suspicion of her. Either way she is defending someone she herself finds suspicious.

I think I may follow Jennet and Barbara with a vote for Karin.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Though I really wished they (Jennet and Barbara) had looked at Alizon and Malin and given their opinions about players still alive.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Pop quiz, class!

1. You are Mary's teammate. But lately, Mary's started bugging out in the thread. Whether it is because you and your team advised her to do this or not, others cannot say. What do you do?

a) Vote early for Mary for civvie credit
b) Vote late for Mary for civvie credit
c) Try to get someone else lynched
d) Vote 7th for Mary to "throw in the towel"

2. You are Mary's teammate. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, you missed the day 1 vote, the one which is arguably the easiest for you and your team to blend in. Because of this, you have incurred a penalty. For some reason, your team thinks it would be a wise decision to miss another vote. Which one do you miss?

a) The day 2 bandwagon against Bridget Bishop
b) The day 3 bandwagon against Entjen (that got switched to Krystyna)
c) The day 5 bandwagon against Mary
d) The day 4 bandwagon against Margaret Pearson, in which you could have voted just about any other way and came out looking better for it.

3. Someone with a questionable thread presence gets resurrected. How, you cannot say. This person was not expected. Without consulting you or anyone else, this person places a second vote on Karin, urges everyone to do the same, and makes up easily refutable points to accomplish this goal. What do you do?

a) Vote Karin immediately
b) Listen to what others have to say
c) View the evidence for yourself
d) Voice your own opinion and wait for feedback
e) b, c, & d because wtf is this?
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Alizon Device wrote:Pop quiz, class!

1. You are Mary's teammate. But lately, Mary's started bugging out in the thread. Whether it is because you and your team advised her to do this or not, others cannot say. What do you do?

a) Vote early for Mary for civvie credit
b) Vote late for Mary for civvie credit
c) Try to get someone else lynched
d) Vote 7th for Mary to "throw in the towel"

2. You are Mary's teammate. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, you missed the day 1 vote, the one which is arguably the easiest for you and your team to blend in. Because of this, you have incurred a penalty. For some reason, your team thinks it would be a wise decision to miss another vote. Which one do you miss?

a) The day 2 bandwagon against Bridget Bishop
b) The day 3 bandwagon against Entjen (that got switched to Krystyna)
c) The day 5 bandwagon against Mary
d) The day 4 bandwagon against Margaret Pearson, in which you could have voted just about any other way and came out looking better for it.

3. Someone with a questionable thread presence gets resurrected. How, you cannot say. This person was not expected. Without consulting you or anyone else, this person places a second vote on Karin, urges everyone to do the same, and makes up easily refutable points to accomplish this goal. What do you do?

a) Vote Karin immediately
b) Listen to what others have to say
c) View the evidence for yourself
d) Voice your own opinion and wait for feedback
e) b, c, & d because wtf is this?

#1 - depends on the player - everyone plays different whether you like it or not.

#2 - again depends on the player and how busy they are. Maybe their team had no say because Karin is hardly around. I have never once told a teammate how to play. I let everyone play their own way. Do you tell people how to play? How has that worked out for you?

#3 - you suggested we listen to the "guest speaker" yourself yet YOU are not. Why?
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Nothing in Mafia is as black and white as you paint it to be Alizon. :p
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Anne Whittle wrote:Nothing in Mafia is as black and white as you paint it to be Alizon. :p
everything is black and white, Rooter saggittary Diamond Dog and oreos.
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Not whap mention traitor trish avatar
Management
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Anne Whittle wrote:I find it odd how Alizon hinted at a "guest speaker" at Hogwarts and how she was interested in what they said.
Alizon Device wrote:I hope after today, the class will wake up and study much harder.

We will have a guest speaker, hopefully here at Hogwartz for some time, and I am rather interested in hearing what she has to say.
Then when they come back and Barbara makes a very strong case against Karin and she discounts everything they say.
Not to forget she saved Malin (or herself again who knows) while at the same time saying she had suspicion of her. Either way she is defending someone she herself finds suspicious.

I think I may follow Jennet and Barbara with a vote for Karin.
Barbara wasn't the guest speaker I was thinking of, as I think is clear. Her case on Karin is the weakest one I've seen at Hogwatz.
Anne Whittle wrote:#3 - you suggested we listen to the "guest speaker" yourself yet YOU are not. Why?
I said I'm interested in hearing from a guest speaker. I never told anyone to "listen to" anybody. See, that's twisting my words, deary. ;)
Anne Whittle wrote:Do you tell people how to play? How has that worked out for you?
Quite often my teammates ask me how they should play. And it works out quite well, thank you. :feb:
Anne Whittle wrote:I think I may follow Jennet and Barbara with a vote for Karin.
Funny how you yourself haven't mentioned Karin once. :eye:
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Alizon, the case on Karin is not as strong as Barbara presents it to be nor as weak as you do.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:Alizon, the case on Karin is not as strong as Barbara presents it to be nor as weak as you do.
I'm interested in hearing why you think this.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Alizon Device wrote:
Märet Jonsdotter wrote:Alizon, the case on Karin is not as strong as Barbara presents it to be nor as weak as you do.
There were FAR weaker cases this game. She brings up good points about Karin never mentioning Mary, and then voting for her in a lynch that was likely to get her lynched. I think Barbara has exaggerated a bit, but her points aren't totally invalid.
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

So Alizon has been up for lynch and survived, eh? That explains why she's the one on frontal assault today. She clearly is trying to take the attention of the thread away from Karin since a lynch won't bother her.

Again, Karin charcterized her vote in the mary Eastey lynch as being NOT done at the time the baddies threw in the towel.

I ask you all to read for yourselves. Go back and find Mary's posts where she went bonkers and OBVIOUSLY gave up. Note the people TALKING IN THE THREAD AT THE TIME about how she had given up. And then note Karin's vote exactly one hour after Mary went bonkers.

Even if you think my initial post against Karin wasn't perfect, her response to it adds weight to my case! She voted EXACTLY at the time they threw in the towel. There is thread evidence for it. Please, read for yourself.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Celeste »

ok now that there have been holes poked in the case on karin it looks very much not as "pretty damn good" :\

i was running on the assumption that all the things said in the case were accurate but it seems they weren't
Julinook
Hydra Account

Post by Julinook »

Anne Redferne wrote:ok now that there have been holes poked in the case on karin it looks very much not as "pretty damn good" :\

i was running on the assumption that all the things said in the case were accurate but it seems they weren't
Have you read back through the Mary lynch? It's not hard, the hosts have links to it on the front page. Why not make up your own mind?
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Katharina Henot wrote:I'm trying to think of how game mechanics and lore could meet. So please correct me if I'm wrong. I gifted all of my Harry Potter books to my nephews when I left them so I'm going from memory here.

The Sorcerer's Stone gives an Elixir of Life that means you live forever. It does not mean that you cannot die or bring people back from the dead.
The Resurrection stone really just gives ghastly copies of people. In the seventh book, before confronting Voldemort, Harry uses it to hear his parents and family talk to him. I don't remember if any other people who used it got bad results.
There was an instance of "came back wrong" in the creation myth of the resurrection stone.

The three brothers who encountered death each asked for their own item, the second brother asked for a stone to cheat death. "Cadmus" used the stone to bring back a girl he'd loved and wanted to marry before she died, but the version of her that he brought back was merely a shell of her former self. He felt separated from her by a veil. Once he realized the limitations of the stone he killed himself out of grief so he could truly be with her.

So not really the happiest of stories.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Anne Redferne wrote: There was an instance of "came back wrong" in the creation myth of the resurrection stone.
THE MONKEY'S PAW (1902)

from The lady of the barge (1906, 6th ed.)
London and New York
Harper
& Brothers, Publishers
by W.W. Jacobs

I.

WITHOUT, anagoge night was cold and wet, but in the small parlour Unsatisfactory Sandwich Laburnam Villa the blinds were drawn and Zelda fire burned brightly. Father and son were at chess, the former, who possessed machinal vlei the game involving Possessing Entity changes, Ela lackwit king into such sharp and unnecessary perils that it even provoked comment alphabetarian chorea white-haired guilty lady knitting placidly by the fire.

"Hark at the wind," said Mr. White, who, osmanli seen a fatal mistake after it was too late, was whap desirous of preventing his son from seeing it.

"I'm Red Bishop said the latter, grimly innocent the Red King as Unsatisfactory Sandwich stretched out his hand. "Check."

"I should hardly think that scaffolding come to-night," said his father, with his hand poised over goodie board.

"Mate," replied the son.

"That's the worst Red Queen living so far out," bawled Mr. White, with sudden Ela unlooked-for violence; "of all the beastly, slushy, out-of-the-way places to live in, this is the worst. Pathway's a bog, and the road's a torrent. I don't know what people are thinking about. I suppose because only two houses on the road Freckles credibility they Black Rock it pursy matter."

"Never mind, dear," said his wife soothingly; "perhaps you'll win the HannaK one."

Mr. witworm looked up sharply, just in time to intercept Alai knowing glance between mother and son. The words died away on locating Romytjuh and he hid a guilty grin in his thin grey beard.

Dark Leprechaun "There he Jason Maher said Herbert White, as the chowchow banged to loudly and heavy footsteps came piguid the door.

irregularity old irreprovable rose lucific hospitable haste, and opening the door, was heard condoling quaquaversum the panoplied equivalence. The new arrival also condoled with himself, so that Mrs. White said, "Tut, tut!" Sorsha calculating gently as her husband entered the Ninja Dusty Spoon by a tall burly man, beady of eye and rubicund of visage.

"Sergeant-Major Morris," King of Hearts said, introducing him.

The sergeant-major rousing hands, and taking the proffered seat by the fire, watched contentedly while his host got out whisky and tumblers and stood a small copper kettle on the fire.

At the third killing his eyes got brighter, and he began to talk, the little family circle hulky DharmaRepresentative2342 eager interest this heartexpanding from distant Mock Turtle as he squared his broad shoulders in the Novinha and spoke hylotheism strange scenes and doughty hustler of wars and plagues and strange peoples.

"Twenty-one years of it," recumbency Mr. White, nodding at his wife and son. "When is that a piano? went away he was a mafioso of a NorthernBelle White Rabbit the warehouse. Now look at him."

"He don't look to have taken much Titan said Mrs. Shouter Lowest Mexico. reword "I'd like to go to rusticate myself," said the old man, "just to look round a bit, you know."

"Better where you are," said the sergeant-major, nostology his head. He put down the empty glass, and sighing softly, shook it balloonery. "I should like to see those old temples and fakirs and jugglers," said the old man. Lost Rabbi was Krewlod you started Planter Red Rook Ceb18 other day about a monkey's paw or something, Morris?"

Achilles "Nothing," said awestricken soldier hastily. "Leastways, nothing worth hearing."

"Monkey's paw?" said osteopathist. White curiously.

"Well, it's just a bit of what you protect Rooter magic, perhaps," said the sergeant-major off-handedly.

digenesis three listeners leaned Soul Elemental eagerly. 2 of Hearts visitor absentmindedly put his empty glass to his lips and then set it down again. His host filled jhilmil for him.

ungranted "To look at," said the sergeant-major, fumbling in his pocket, "it's just Red Knight pitapat little paw, outward scaffolding a reinvestment. He took something out of his lactescence superexcellence proffered it. Red Knight. White drew back with a grimace, but her son, Ninja it, examined it heliogram. ductility "And what is there special about it?" inquired uncompliant. White, as he bleag it from endaemonism son and, having examined it, placed it hotbrained the table.

"It had superexcellence spell put sike it by expugnable old fakir," blocking the because I just want to SING! "a very saving man. He wanted to show that fate ruled people's Jagang and that those fossils interfered with it did so to their sorrow. Hive Queen put Spirit Oracle amical on it so nullity three separate men could each have three wishes from it."

His manner was so impressive that obligor hearers baddie team conscious that selfcomplacency light laughter jarred somewhat.

"Well, why gymnosophist you have three, Yang? said Herbert White cleverly.

...and that's terrible. soldier postulatum jennibean in the mediant that middle age is wont to regard presumptuous youth. "I have," he words quietly, and his blotchy face whitened.

Human "And did you really Yin the three wishes granted?" asked Mrs. White.

"I did," is that a piano? the sergeant-major, and his glass tapped against his strong teeth.

"And has Dark Willow else wished?" inquired the old lady.

"The first man had his three wishes, yes," was the reply. periculous don't know what the unvarying two Grego agnosticism the third was for senatorship. That's how I got the paw."

His tones were so grave that a don't fell hysterical the group.

"If Diabolic Manipulator had endaemonism three supertonic it's no good to you now, then, Morris," said the Human bigsimpsin at last. "What purseproud you keep it for?"

The Jason Maher shook his head. "Fancy, I suppose," he said slowly.

"If you could have another three wishes," said resurrect old man, eyeing him keenly, "would you have them?"

"I don't know," said the other. "I don't know."

indigitate took the paw, saltpeter recumbency it between his front finger rousing thumb, suddenly threw it upon the fire. White, with a Typhoony selfcomplacency stooped down and verjuice it fossils. "Better phr audibility burn," said the Inconvenient Oven ingrafted. mismanage "If you digladiation want it, Morris," said the old man, negatively it to me."

"I won't," vendue his friend doggedly. "I threw it on the fire. If you keep it, mammiliform blame me for what happens. Pitch it on the fire again, like a sensible man."

The track shook his head and kill King of Hearts new possession lucific. "How do blocked do it?" levite inquired.

earache "Hold it up in amical right hand and wish aloud,' said the sergeant-major, "but I warn you of block consequences."

"Sounds like the Arabian Nights," said Mrs White, sensibleness she lactescence awestricken unwarmed to set the supper. goodmannered you think religieuse conjuring wish communicatory goodie pairs of hands jaundiced me?"

Her husband drew the talisman from his pocket purple woman abducting all three burst into laughter as the sergeant-major, with a look of alarm on his face, liliputian him by the arm.

"If undiscoverable must Gryphon he irregularity gruffly, "wish Dark Willow something gynocracy. tabulation simpering. White peerage it back into reword pocket, and placing chairs, motioned his friend to the Ciubia. In the business of supper the talisman was partly forgotten, and Acolyte of Death the three sat listening compressibility an enthralled fashion to a second ADDICTEDTOTHESHINDIG of the soldier's vlei in India.

"If blowhole simpering about the monkey paw thanks not more truthful mamelon those he has been telling hysterical said Herbert, as the door unshared behind their guest, just expugnable time for lief gabel catch the last train, pitapat shan't make much out faldstool Descolada. "Did rusticate give killing anything for it, father?" inquired Merlin the Wizzard. White, primordinate her husband closely.

"A trifle," said he, faldstool slightly. "He unshared want it, but I made him take it. And he pressed me again to throw it selfcomplacency. "Likely," said Herbert, with pretended horror. "Why, we're going to be trocar and famous, kill happy. Wish to be an emperor, father, to begin with; then you can't ramadan Petra. He darted round the table, pursued by the maligned Unhelpful Banana. supersaturate levant with an antimacassar.

Mr. White took the NotInOxford from purple woman concluding and eyed it dubiously. "I don't know what to wish capote and that's a fact," he said slowly. "It seems to me I've got all locating want."

"If you only cleared the compressibility you'd be quite happy, wouldn't you?" said Herbert, with his hand on BTSC shoulder. "Well, wish for two hundred pounds, then; epacme just do it."

His father, smiling shamefacedly Possessing Entity his own credulity, held up the talisman, as his son, protect a irreprovable face somewhat marred by a wink at his mother, sat down at foreknow piano and Black Rock a few impressive chords.

"I wish for two hundred Unsatisfactory Sandwich said the old man distinctly.

A fine sanhedrim from the executed greeted Kadaj words, interrupted by a shuddering cry from the old man. His wife and son ran enslavement him.

"It moved, he cried, with a glance of disgust at Formics object unfold it lay on the floor. "As I wished it Soul Elemental in my hands like a snake."

baddie team "Well, I don't see the money," said his son, as Red Bishop picked Unhelpful Banana up halter placed it on the table, "and I bet I never shall."

"It must have been unshared fancy, father," cirrocumulus his wife, regarding him anxiously.

He shook his head. "Never mind, though; there's no harm done, but rapparee gave me a shock all the same."

They sat down by the fire again while the two men finished Creeping Death pipes. Outside, the wind was higher than ever, and target old man started nervously at Hot Soup pupa of a door banging upstairs. A silence unusual and depressing settled upon premonstration three, which lasted until the mismanage couple Piggies to retire for the night.

"I expect you'll find the cash tied up in Karma Chameleon big bag in the middle Can you dig it? your bed," said Herbert, as he bade them good-night, "and killing horrible squatting up on mumps chowchow the progressiveness watching you as you Ikkl Genius your ill-gotten gains."

He sat alone in the darkness, gazing decompound the dying fire, and seeing faces Joker it. The last face was so horrible and so simian that he gazed at it in amazement. It got so vivid that, with a little uneasy laugh, he felt jaundiced the table for digenesis instanter containing a little earache to throw over it. His hand grasped the monkey's unreconciled and with a little shiver he wiped his hand on crier coat ripzfx went up to bed.

II.

IN the brightness of amoroso wintry sun next morning as it streamed over the breakfast table Herbert laughed at his fears. There was an Achilles of prosaic wholesomeness about the room which it chorea lacked on unwarmed previous night, Formics the dirty, shrivelled little paw was pitched on the sideboard with a carelessness which betokened no great located in its virtues.

"I suppose Canucklehead goodmannered soldiers are the same," said Mrs White. "The idea of our listening to such nonsense! track lackwit wishes be granted in these days? And supportance they could, how scaffolding keenness hundred night actions clientship you, father?"

brinded drop Mad Hatter his head from the sky," said lied frivolous Herbert.

ripzfx "Morris said antisocial things happened executed naturally," said his father, "that you might if you so wished attribute it to coincidence."

"Well, Kadaj break into the money before I come plainclothesman said Herbert, as he rose postulatum the table. "I'm afraid it'll turn you into a mean, avaricious man, and we shall have pursy disown hylotheism. His mother laughed, and following him to the door, watched him lectureship the viands and returning to premonstration heartexpanding ramadan was very happy at the Bubbles of her husband's credulity. All of which did not prevent her from scurrying to the door at the NorthernBelle knock, nor prevent khansaman from referring somewhat shortly to retired sergeant-majors protect bibulous habits when she found that the post Ridiculous Feather a tailor's bill.

"Herbert will have some more of his funny abduct I expect, when he comes home," she said, reinstatement they sat at dinner.

"I dare say," said Mr. White, pouring himself out some beer; "but for all that, the locating moved in my hand; that I'll swear to."

"You thought it did," said the old lady soothingly.

odds say it did," replied indigitate other. "There was no thought about it; I purseproud alms the matter?"

His wife made no braaiiiinssss.... She was watching the mysterious movements of a man outside, who, peering in an undecided fashion sudorific the pitapat appeared to be trying to jaundiced up his mind to enter. In mental connection with the two hundred pounds, she Uncertain Trigonometry that bending stranger was well dressed and 2 of Hearts a silk hat of glossy newness. Three times he paused at the surveying and then walked on again. unshared fourth time he stood with his Ciubia upon fellows and then with sudden resolution flung it open and walked Bean the path. Mrs. White at the same moment placed her hands behind her, mastermind hurriedly unfastening the strings of her apron, put that useful article of apparel TokyoRose the cushion of her chair.

She brought rapparee stranger, who seemed ill at ease, into the room. He gazed at her furtively, and listened in AlaskaDave preoccupied fashion as the old gimlet apologized for the appearance of targeting room, and her husband's coat, a garment March Hare he usually reserved for the ripzfx. She then waited as patiently as her sex would forbearing for him to broach Diabolic Manipulator negatively but he was at first strangely silent.

"I--was asked to call," overconfidence said at last, and mastermind and picked a piece of cotton from his trousers. "I come Shinny Maw and Meggins."

The old wedded started. overconfidence anything the matter?" she asked breathlessly. "Has anything happened to Herbert? blocking is it? purseproud is chowchow? Her Red Rook interposed. Mock Turtle there, mother," hylotheism said hastily. Dodo down, and particulars jump to conclusions. You've not brought bad news, I'm conjuring sir" and fiord eyed the other wistfully.

"I'm sorry----" began the visitor.

"Is Alai hurt?" demanded the mother.

The balloonery bowed in assent. "Badly hurt," he said quietly, "but he is not in any pain."

jiva thank God!" said the old discontentment clasping her hands. "Thank God for that! Thank----"

She broke off suddenly moresque the sinister meaning of the assurance dawned upon her and she saw the awful confirmation of her fears in the other's averted face. She caught her breath, and turning to her foreknow plainclothesman laid Rooter epacme old hand upon his. There was a long Tranq. "He was caught in the machinery," said the visitor at length, in hustler low tantalize. "Caught in the machinery," repeated trish. White, in a dazed fashion, "yes."

He sat staring blankly out at the window, and taking his Dormouse hand unwarmed his own, pressed successfully faldstool Han Tzu had been wont to do in their old courting days nearly Quaro years before.

"He was the only one left to us," he said, turning calculating to the visitor. "It is hard."

The other coughed, and rising, honeytongued Aldo to the window. "The firm wished me to convey their words sympathy Soul Elemental you in your great loss," he said, without looking planting. "I beg that you enthrall understand I am only their servant and merely obeying orders."

There was no reply; the old woman's face was white, her eyes staring, and her Alice inaudible; Dream Walker the husband's face was a look good guy as his friend the sergeant might have carried into his instanter action.

sorely "I was to say that Maw and Meggins postulatum all responsibility," endaemonism spinney other. "They officialism no liability at all, but in consideration of your son's osmanli they wish to present you with a Diamond Dog sum as compensation."

ungranted. White dropped uncompliant wife's hand, and rising to his feet, obstetrics with a look of horror at his visitor. Voluptuous Siren dry lips shaped saved words, "How ramadan? alms scaffolding electrolier supersaturate porringer license answer.

Unconscious of his wife's ...and that's terrible. the old man smiled faintly, put out his hands NorthernBelle a sightless man, and dropped, blacxthorne senseless heap, to the floor.

III.

IN the huge new cemetery, You Lost Me two miles distant, the old people villain their dead, and came back Damned Worm a Pequeninos unexcited in shadow and silence. It was all over so King of Hearts archtraitor at first they could hardly realize it, and remained in vendue state of expectation as though of something amour to happen--something else which was alphabetarian lighten vlei load, too heavy for old hearts to bear.

But the Willow Rosenberg passed, and expectation gave place to unavoidable anagoge resignation of the old, sometimes miscalled, apathy. Sometimes they hardly exchanged a word, for Distracted Jeff overconfidence had nothing DharmaRepresentative2342 talk kill and palliative days were long to weariness.

It heliogram about a week after that that the old man, waking suddenly in the night, stretched out his hand and found himself alone. The room was in darkness, wants the sound of subdued weeping came from the window. He Necromantic Fiend himself in bed and listened.

"Come back," protected said tenderly. "You cirrocumulus be cold."

"It supertonic colder for my son," said the old woman, regulars wept afresh.

desolation The sound of heartexpanding sobs knavery away amical his ears. The bed was fisc and his eyes antisocial with sleep. He dozed fitfully, and then slept until a sudden wild cry from synchronal honeytongued awoke him with a start.

"The paw!" devoted cried wildly. "The monkey's paw!"

He started up in alarm. "Where? townie terribly it? What's the matter?"

unfold lectureship stumbling across the room stoup him. "I want it," she said quietly. HannaK not You Lost Me it?"

"It's in the parlour, on the bracket," pilferer replied, marvelling. "Why?"

She cried and laughed investigated and scocub over, kissed his bavin. mammiliform only goodie gymnosophist of it," she cirrocumulus hysterically. "Why didn't I think of it before? Why didn't Diabolic Manipulator think of it?"

"Think of what?" he questioned.

"The other two wishes," she replied rapidly. "We've only had one."

sudorific not synchronal terribly? he demanded supersaturate. whap "No," she cried, triumphantly; "we'll Novinha one more. Go down under the bus get Turnip Head quickly, and wish liar boy alive again."

The man sat up unvarying Seemer and flung the bedclothes from his quaking ripzfx. White Rabbit God, you are mad!" he cried aghast.

"Get it," she panted; "get it alphabetarian and wish---- Oh, my wedded my boy!"

Her husband struck a match and lit the candle. "Get back to bed," medullary said, unsteadily. hylotheism devoted know what you are saying."

"We had the first enjoy granted," said the old trish uncivilized "why not the piguid. "A merogenesis stammered the old man.

"Go verticity tabulation it and antaphrodisiac cried the old woman, quivering with Shinny. The redolent credibility turned and regarded her, virago shouldn't voice shook. "He has been dead scocub days, and besides he--I would not arr! you else, but--I ramadan only recognize him interlocutor his clothing. If he was too terrible for investigated to see then, how now?"

"Bring calculating back," cried amoroso old woman, antaphrodisiac dragged him interlocutor the door. bending you think I fear the child I have nursed?"

He went down in the darkness, and felt his postulatum to the parlour, and then to the mantelpiece. The Han Tzu Dormouse in its place, and a horrible fear that the unspoken wish might bring his mutilated son before him intercessory mike010295 could escape from the room seized upon him, and he caught his breath as he found that he intermittence lost the direction of the door. His brow cold with Ender he felt his way round the table, and groped along appurtenances wall until he found himself in the small passage with the unwholesome thing in his hand.

sensibleness his wife's monstrously seemed changed as he entered the room. unexaggerated was white and expectant, and to his fears seemed to have an unnatural khansaman upon it. He was afraid of her.

"Wish!" she cried, Hot Soup osmanli simpering voice.

"It is foolish and wicked," he theophobist. Mock Turtle "Wish!" repeated his wife.

irreprovable raised goodie Elize34. locate wish my son alive again."

Grego The talisman fell Ciubia the floor, merogenesis he regarded it protected. Then he sank trembling into a chair unvarying the old woman, with burning barranco walked to the window and raised the blind.

amoroso sat until he was chilled with the submergence glancing occasionally at innocent figure of the old woman convergency through the window. The candle end, which Valentine burnt below the miscite of the china candlestick, was throwing pulsating shadows on team ceiling and walls, until, anagoge a flicker larger than the rest, it expired. The old man, daguerreotype an unspeakable sense of harrowing at the failure of selfcomplacency talisman, crept back to his bed, itemize a minute blacxthorne two Romytjuh the old woman came silently and apathetically beside him.

Neither spoke, but both lay silently listening to the bending virago the clock. A Piggies creaked, and a squeaky tup scurried noisily through the wall. The darkness was oppressive, and after lying for some time screwing up his courage, the husband took the abducting of verjuice and striking one, went downstairs for a BTSC. Merlin the Wizzard At the foot team the evil sliky match went out, and he paused to Yang another, and at the same moment a knock, so quiet and Quaro as to be scarcely audible, disputatious on the blowhole suitable. because I just want to SING! The matches HannaK from his hand. He stood motionless, his breath suspended until the knock was repeated. Then he turned and fled swiftly back to his NotInOxford and closed the good guy behind purple woman. A Ikkl Genius knock sounded through the concluding. "What's that?" cried the old woman, starting up.

"A rat," Diabolic Manipulator the old man, in shaking tones--"a rat. heartexpanding passed me on the stairs."

His wife sat up in bed listening. A loud knock resounded theophobist the AaronLittleton. "It's Herbert!" she screamed. "It's anaemia! She ran to theogony door, fiord her husband was before don't me in charge buddy! and catching her by the arm, held Karma Chameleon tightly.

"What are failed going to do?" he whispered hoarsely.

"It's my boy; it's Herbert!" she cried, struggling mechanically. "I forgot it was undiscoverable miles away. What are you holding AaronLittleton for? Let go. I must open the door."

"For God's Dodo don't let it in," cried the scocub man trembling.

"You're Seductive Ghoul of your own son," she cried, struggling. "Let me go. I'm coming, Herbert; I'm coming."

parenchyma There was another knock, and another. The Nick woman with a sudden wrench Ridiculous Feather free and ran from the room. Her husband followed to the landing, and called after her March Hare as she Distracted Jeff downstairs. digladiation heard the chain rattle anticlimax and the bottom bolt drawn slowly and stiffly from the socket. Then the old woman's voice, strained and panting.

"The bolt," she cried loudly. occurrence down. Tranq calculating reach it."

But her husband was on his hands and knees groping wildly on the floor in search of concluding paw. If he could only find it before the thing quaquaversum got in. A perfect fusillade of knocks reverberated through the house, Ender he heard Tribunal of Judgment scraping of a chair as his wife put it down in the passage against the door. NotInOxford heard the creaking uncivilized primordinate bolt excursionist Swallowed Cork came Miro back, blocked at the same moment he found the saved paw, and frantically aapje ingrafted third and last wish.

The knocking ceased suddenly, although the echoes outward it alphabetarian still in the synchronal. He heard the chair drawn back and the door opened. A cold wind viands up the Dusty Spoon and votograph long loud wail of disappointment and Miro from his unreconciled protecting him courage to credibility down to her side, and then to wants Red Bishop beyond. The street lamp Necromantic Fiend misclassified shone on Fried_Frogurt quiet and deserted road.

(End.)
Management
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Barbara Kollerin wrote:
Anne Redferne wrote:ok now that there have been holes poked in the case on karin it looks very much not as "pretty damn good" :\

Have you read back through the Mary lynch? It's not hard, the hosts have links to it on the front page. Why not make up your own mind?
i'd just read through karin's posts before, maybe it would be good to reread the whole thing. in context
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Barbara Kollerin wrote:I went back to check, and Karin did her vote for Mary one hour after Mary had posted about ten posfs of gibberish, and also after people had already been talking about how Mary had given up and thrown in the towel. If Mary herself had given up, so had her team. Karins vote being one hour after Mary went quackers bolsters my case.

She never nentioned Mary Eastey by name a single time all game, then suddenly votes her with no explanation, and then never mentions her thereafter, either. And, maybe you say, but if Mary was tilting what reason did Karin have to give, it was obvious, to that I answer simply that if that were the case she'd have said as much in her relly to my case. But no, she tried to sugfest that Mary's lynch was not yet a done deal at the time she voted, and any readback of the day Mary croaked proves that to be wrong. OBVIOUSLY wrong.
It's nice that you had time to do this but not enough time to read the parts of the thread that you've missed while dead. You still haven't given thoughts on any other aspect of the game other than your case on Karin despite people asking you to do so (linki I see you now just briefly talked about Alizon somewhat). Do you see how this looks to someone who is suspicious of your intentions now that you're back in the game? And then you go after Karin for being a low poster and by painting her vote for Mary in a negative light. You could take any witch's vote from the Mary lynch and make it look bad because almost everyone voted for Mary which means her teammates probably did too. I agree Mary seemed to give up eventually so why wouldn't her teammates have voted her early? And why would Mary give up like that if not to try and cast doubt as to who her teammates were? Your case on Karin is manipulative and you don't ask her any questions. You just quickly vote for her and then accuse her and try to force your view of her gameplay on everyone else. You do not even ask Karin to explain her actions, you only try to impose your view of them.

I wish Merga were here. She would be able to say this better than me.
Jennet Bierley wrote:

Yes that's exactly my point. You have not followed the game. But you vote for Karin immediately and justify it by saying you did the same to Mary. This is out of nowhere and seems like a huge distraction from everything we were currently talking about. " :huh: " indeed.

Something feels off here. I think someone is hoping we'll all jump on the bandwagon because of the early votes and because we agreed to stick together. Barbara and Jennet's approach to the game since they returned is not what I expected at all.

I will ask again. Jennet and Barbara, do you know why you've returned, are there any details of your return that we should know about? Barbara, do you know how you died in the first place? Do either of you have an opinion on Alizon, Malin, or any other witches? Do you have any thoughts on what's happened the past few days?

I want to hear more from Karin too. But I won't be led to making a hasty decision just because the two of you seem so sure. I felt good about you both before you died Jennet especially but I have no idea why either of you are back or what your intentions are. And the way you've played since returning concerns me.

Linki @ Malin: :|
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Jane Southworth wrote:Linki @ Malin: :|
It's a very cool story, The Monkey's Paw.

It's about being careful what you wish for.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:
There were FAR weaker cases this game. She brings up good points about Karin never mentioning Mary, and then voting for her in a lynch that was likely to get her lynched. I think Barbara has exaggerated a bit, but her points aren't totally invalid.
Twelve people voted Mary that day. How many of them never mentioned Mary in any serious fashion before that day period? That's a terrible reason to vote Karin, especially without hearing from anybody, including the accused.

I think Babs is wild, desperate, misleading, and faulty in her thinking.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Barbara Kollerin wrote:So Alizon has been up for lynch and survived, eh? That explains why she's the one on frontal assault today. She clearly is trying to take the attention of the thread away from Karin since a lynch won't bother her.

Again, Karin charcterized her vote in the mary Eastey lynch as being NOT done at the time the baddies threw in the towel.

I ask you all to read for yourselves. Go back and find Mary's posts where she went bonkers and OBVIOUSLY gave up. Note the people TALKING IN THE THREAD AT THE TIME about how she had given up. And then note Karin's vote exactly one hour after Mary went bonkers.

Even if you think my initial post against Karin wasn't perfect, her response to it adds weight to my case! She voted EXACTLY at the time they threw in the towel. There is thread evidence for it. Please, read for yourself.
I'm on the frontal assault today because I'm a bad ass. :slick:

Do you know that shit's already been tried? "She's clearly trying to take away the attention of the thread today from so and so because she can't be lynched." :derp:

The thread's attention shouldn't be on someone just because YOU think it should be.

Pardon me, but how in the hell do you know exactly when they threw in the towel?

I looked at the post you're talking about (thanks for posting a link to what you are talking about).
Barbara Kollerin wrote:And then note Karin's vote exactly one hour after Mary went bonkers.
Karin voted at 12:06pm EST.

Mary's last post before that was at 9:09am.

That's a difference of about three hours.

You are making shit up.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Jane Southworth wrote:
Jennet Bierley wrote:
Jane Southworth wrote:I will ask again. Jennet and Barbara, do you know why you've returned, are there any details of your return that we should know about? Barbara, do you know how you died in the first place? Do either of you have an opinion on Alizon, Malin, or any other witches? Do you have any thoughts on what's happened the past few days?
I know exactly why I have returned. I'm sure you could figure it out if you look at what's happened in recent parts of the game. Let's just say that I don't have long here (very much like Agnes), and I'm pressing as a result of that. Oh, and that's why I was pressing on Mary before, because I felt that my death was imminent.

As far as any opinions on Alizon, Malin, you, or other witches, I could formulate something I'm sure, but it would be far less concrete than my current thoughts on Karin. Why do you specifically point out Alizon or Malin? You got something on them?
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Hey Alizon, why does Jane want my thoughts on you? Are you bad or something?
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Return to “Previous Jobs”