Coronavirus Mafia [ENDGAME]

What's the craic?

Poll ended at Mon May 04, 2020 12:23 am

This is REAL wrestling: no gimmicks.
17%
Who are you again?: all players must open the day with an in character post.
No votes
Hey, that’s the other game!: everyone must post a post that rhymes for their vote to count. Or a haiku. Something poemy.
33%
All I want is some ice cream: after the phase, all players get ice cream. (hosts and dead peeps etc.)
50%

Total votes: 6
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 540
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: Coronavirus Mafia [Night 2]

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:26 pm I feel like we've cleared someone we shouldn't have. Even if Juliets is in fact scum, there are probably one or two other than her.

MP could have become scum but 1. that seems to easy and 2. no way am I lynching the same guy two days in a row.
It worked so well the first time why wouldn’t you want to do it again
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

speedchuck wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:33 pm To me, going by the poll alone, TSP, Juliets, and LC are the most suspect. No idea what the vote order is, and Sloonei/poison/MP was obviously not on there.

I understand we can't narrow it down 100% to those four, but it's a start. A POE of 4 will be the goal tomorrow, I think.
I mean I think there’s a fairly narrow POE to work with. Let’s talk in a couple hours, you seem to solve similar to me so maybe we can make some headway if I pretend you’re town for a bit.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

My rainbow looks something like this, but I don't see why it couldn't be anyone below the top three.... Me as Civ, Jack as mech cleared, Wilgy as derp cleared. Who else has done some convincing towny stuff that should be moved up to the greens?

Long Con
Jackofhearts2005
Dr. Wilgy
speedchuck
Dragon D. Luffy
M Plus 7

Hyena

TonyStarkPrime
juliets
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

The sig votes were as follows:

8:18 pm - juliets
8:21 - Nanook
8:37 - Tony
9:37 -Jackofhearts
9:58 - MPlus7
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 366

Post by speedchuck »

Screw it, no, nanook is scum.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I'm tired of people telling me I'm wrong because meta. They did it with Juliets, they did it with Nanook. Look where we are.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:35 pm
speedchuck wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:26 pm I feel like we've cleared someone we shouldn't have. Even if Juliets is in fact scum, there are probably one or two other than her.

MP could have become scum but 1. that seems to easy and 2. no way am I lynching the same guy two days in a row.
This is not a town attitude. Mindset ping.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Long Con wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:18 pm My rainbow looks something like this, but I don't see why it couldn't be anyone below the top three.... Me as Civ, Jack as mech cleared, Wilgy as derp cleared. Who else has done some convincing towny stuff that should be moved up to the greens?

Long Con
Jackofhearts2005
Dr. Wilgy
speedchuck
Dragon D. Luffy
M Plus 7

Hyena

TonyStarkPrime
juliets
How many times are we going to have to tell you why Hyena seems town?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:30 pm I'm tired of people telling me I'm wrong because meta. They did it with Juliets, they did it with Nanook. Look where we are.
They were right with me. I don't know about Nanook.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Hmmm something looks wrong with that order I put up. It seems like Nanook voted later than that. I'll look again.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:36 pm Hmmm something looks wrong with that order I put up. It seems like Nanook voted later than that. I'll look again.
Nanook was last, he self-preserved.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

TBH I just read most of Nanook's ISO and it doesn't look that bad in tone, but his snipe at the top of this page is disgusting and his MR-related content is not great.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:40 pm TBH I just read most of Nanook's ISO and it doesn't look that bad in tone, but his snipe at the top of this page is disgusting and his MR-related content is not great.
speed, for what it's worth, I have seen sarcastic, flippant Nanook in the games I've played with him, all of which he's been civ. I thought he was bad because of it in past games and then I realized thats just how he is. I started reading him in the Wire where he was bad to see if I could see a difference but I got off that track yesterday (and I know you don't have the time).

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

speedchuck wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:30 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:35 pm

This is not a town attitude. Mindset ping.
So now I’m scum because I’m sarcastic. Ok. I just did this with Sig in GOC (and he was mafia), do I need to do it with you too?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok so Nanook looked like he was calling a sig vote at 8:21 pm but either he didn't vote him or he changed. As close as I can figure he voted sig right before or about 10 (I didn't see anything in his posts that called it). I'm pretty sure it was after MP's vote, and as we've discussed it was self prez.

So the best I can figure the vote was:
juliets wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:32 pm The sig votes were as follows (corrected):

9:59-10:00 - Nanook

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

“I’m tired of people that know Nanook’s game better telling me I’m wrong because then I’d have to find someone else to scumread”

But that’s a super towny attitude, apparently?

Like fuck dude, one of my strongest TRs just got strongarmed to death by a mechanical soft clear that should’ve known better, I’m gonna be sarcastic and snippy. Trying to read me off “he’s being snarky, kill him!” is just such a garbage way to read me.

But I’m sure you won’t listen to people telling you that, either, cause then you’d have to pretend to actually do scumhunting and you couldn’t open up the POE.

juliets wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:34 pm Ok so Nanook looked like he was calling a sig vote at 8:21 pm but either he didn't vote him or he changed. As close as I can figure he voted sig right before or about 10 (I didn't see anything in his posts that called it). I'm pretty sure it was after MP's vote, and as we've discussed it was self prez.

juliets wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:32 pm The sig votes were as follows (corrected):

I was on Sig at some point before hyena bargained me over to radishes, no idea what time that was
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:38 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:34 pm Ok so Nanook looked like he was calling a sig vote at 8:21 pm but either he didn't vote him or he changed. As close as I can figure he voted sig right before or about 10 (I didn't see anything in his posts that called it). I'm pretty sure it was after MP's vote, and as we've discussed it was self prez.

I was on Sig at some point before hyena bargained me over to radishes, no idea what time that was
Ok thanks I think that was the 8:21 pm post:
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:21 pm Now I’m voting Sig and I won’t pretend it isn’t heavily influenced by OMGUS
I just missed where you changed to MR and back to sig for self prez.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 430
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Just an FYI, I’ll be here but it may not be until tomorrow. I really needed a day off lol.

As for the night vote... eh. I’ve thought about it and I think I agree option 1 is better. I’ll go with the neighborizer option even if it has a weird downside.
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 370
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

Speedchuck
Jack
Nanook

Dragon D Luffy
Dr. Wilgy

M Plus 7

Juliets
Tony
Long Con

--------------

Summary of changes:

1.) Moved DDL to town leans, instead of strong town. Although I still think he's town, my read on him is not as strong as the ones I've got on Speed, Jack, and Nanook.

2.) Put MP7-ver2.0 into null, because a.) I was wrong on him the first time, and b.) he hasn't done much since replacing back in. I'll try to sort him again during D3.

3.) Moved Tony and Long Con to scum leans with Juliets. Just PoE at this point.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

I'm actually surprised people are going for option #1. I find myself leaning towards option #2 myself if only because I don't like the idea of each team of two sharing one vote. But yeah, that's where I'm voting.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Epignosis »

What now punks?

Please note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.
You may select 1 option

Tag Team Fighting: At the beginning of the day, all players are placed into BTSC randomly with one other person. Teams of two share a singular vote.
58%

Voters: M Plus 7, speedchuck, Dragon D. Luffy, juliets, Jackofhearts2005, TonyStarkPrime, NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME

Weapons Match: In the first 24 hours of the day, everyone must choose another player. That player's vote will be worth one more.
17%

Voters: Hyena, Long Con

Chess-Boxing: (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
25%

Voters: Master Radishes, nutella, Epignosis

Total votes: 12
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Coronavirus Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con has been killed. He was Donald Trump.

You are on the lookout for fake news. If you see fake news presented through the Hosts, submit a PM to the Hosts that says, “Fake News” and the person who posted fake news will die if that individual is mafia. You may only do this once, Mr. President.

You are a civilian and win when the mafia are all dead.

It is now Day 3. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

A new poll from Ipsos shows that anime gifs and regret only bring back 33% of players who are mislynched. Nate Silver was quoted as saying "Individual polls don't even mean anything. Do you even understand statistics? Jesus Christ!"
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

You will receive tag team pairings soon. Good luck.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 13

Post by MacDougall »

All tag teams have been sent out. Because there are currently 9 players we made three, two person tag teams and one triple tag team. Still one vote for the triple tag team, for now.

I'm paired with DDL, which is convenient since we already had our chat

Oh whoops did I say the quiet part loud? ;)
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:40 pm I'm paired with DDL, which is convenient since we already had our chat

Oh whoops did I say the quiet part loud? ;)
Are you guys masons? Or is it a neighborhood? Or are you just mafia buddies? :P

All of the above

Uh we're masons that share that have a vig shot we have to agree on ;)
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:43 pm All of the above
Okay, cool. How did conversations go during EoD1 when I bargained with you to join the Radish wagon? :P

Hyena wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:44 pm
Okay, cool. How did conversations go during EoD1 when I bargained with you to join the Radish wagon? :P
Radish wasn’t part of our masonry, he was just a neighbor we saw across the way and had no idea he had bodies buried in his backyard
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:46 pm
Hyena wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:44 pm
Radish wasn’t part of our masonry, he was just a neighbor we saw across the way and had no idea he had bodies buried in his backyard
Okay, so it was a neighborhood then. Was it you guys that killed Radish then, and not Long Con?

No no, me and DDL are masons that share a vig shot, Radishes was just an acquaintance, we didn't know him well at all, we promise

(inb4 chuck says I'm mafia for taking the joke too far)
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:53 pm No no, me and DDL are masons that share a vig shot, Radishes was just an acquaintance, we didn't know him well at all, we promise
Alright, lol, fair enough.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:53 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:53 pm No no, me and DDL are masons that share a vig shot, Radishes was just an acquaintance, we didn't know him well at all, we promise
Alright, lol, fair enough.
Anyway, I trust you. You, DDL, me, and Jack make four. If we can find one more town, we'll probably have auto, especially with your vig shot.

Yeah the totally real and not at all fake vig shot.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

I'm confused.

It was a joke, Hyena. Cause "a masonry with a vig shot that they have to agree on" is basically a mafia team :p
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:13 pm It was a joke, Hyena. Cause "a masonry with a vig shot that they have to agree on" is basically a mafia team :p
... Oh, lol.

Sorry lol, I thought it was clear it was a joke :p
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 452
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

I got the joke cause I am very smart.

RIP Long Con.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:38 pm “I’m tired of people that know Nanook’s game better telling me I’m wrong because then I’d have to find someone else to scumread”
Putting words in my mouth there.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:38 pm Like fuck dude, one of my strongest TRs just got strongarmed to death by a mechanical soft clear that should’ve known better, I’m gonna be sarcastic and snippy. Trying to read me off “he’s being snarky, kill him!” is just such a garbage way to read me.
This is the kind of attitude I expect to see, not 'you should have known better eat crow nerd'
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

RIP LC. I guess he didn't necessarily know who he was killing, either? Jack was just like "I didn't send that in" and LC was like 'lol k die scum"

I think that confirms Jack as town even MORE?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Thanks to our spectacular hosts, this game is huge. Huge. People are saying that it may be one of the most beloved games of all time. This is very good for our country.

speedchuck wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:47 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:38 pm Like fuck dude, one of my strongest TRs just got strongarmed to death by a mechanical soft clear that should’ve known better, I’m gonna be sarcastic and snippy. Trying to read me off “he’s being snarky, kill him!” is just such a garbage way to read me.
This is the kind of attitude I expect to see, not 'you should have known better eat crow nerd'
"You should have known better eat crow nerd" is my default setting.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 256
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:38 pm All tag teams have been sent out. Because there are currently 9 players we made three, two person tag teams and one triple tag team. Still one vote for the triple tag team, for now.
I swear I counted 10
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 256
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I’m with Doc Wilgy today. Brings back memories of Mass Effect.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”