Banjo-Kazooie Mafia [GAME OVER]

Moderator: Community Team

How do you feel about the Racket game type?

This will be my preferred type.
17%
It seems cool.
42%
I see the appeal, but it's not for me.
42%
I don't like the idea.
No votes
Other somehow
No votes

Total votes: 12
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 166
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Banjo-Kazooie Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

If sig is actually a civ though, this does make me feel TH's defense of him is a load of TMI. Like he knows the case is going to fail so he is disqualifying the people who are pursuing it in advance.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 134
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I can support pressure on G-Man here.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Note players, in case you hadn't seen already:

We now have a true multi-quote feature installed on the forum, thanks to our newest moderator [mention]boo[/mention]. :biggrin:

You can take advantage of it in this very game if you so desire. Quick picture directions contained in the spoiler:

Spoiler: show

Clicking the second button there will throw all your selected quotes into a new unfinished post for you to do with as you please. This should work across multiple thread pages and indeed between different threads. If you are on mobile, you may need your screen to be oriented in landscape.

For more information, please see the thread in the Announcements forum.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 226
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:15 am
nutella wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 8:10 pm My goodness it's quiet here
Is everyone spectating champs?
Or are we just waiting a year
for sig to respond to nook's clamps?

(7)
I wanted to save most of my posts for the second day.

But second day is here so better start using them!

I'm getting second thoughts about this Sig lynch. It is logical, but gut says it's too easy and there is a good chance Sig has the perfect explanation against it but refuses to claim and dooms himself. Also aside from nanook's ping, I really do think he looks more civ than bad.

I made a point about him having already crossed the line but chances Sig was just feeling he was right on the whole MP debacle and faking that is a level of scumminess I'm not sure he'd go to. Honestly, I was also pretty bothered by that whole thing on MP's behalf. I tend to get emotional when I think someone else is being bullied.

I wanna sheep on Sloon's G-Man case. Wasn't suspecting G-Man that much but he wasn't a strong green either. Sloon makes good points. G-Man is saying a lot without commiting to anything.

[VOTE: G-Man] aubergine
M Plus 7 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:00 pm I can support pressure on G-Man here.
What’s the best point against g-man? What’s the best point in his favor?

This post compiled using multiquote
Which I never thought I’d be able to do
But then we looked at our notes
And hired our savior named boo.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:08 pm Note players, in case you hadn't seen already:

We now have a true multi-quote feature installed on the forum, thanks to our newest moderator @boo. :biggrin:

You can take advantage of it in this very game if you so desire. Quick picture directions contained in the spoiler:

Clicking the second button there will throw all your selected quotes into a new unfinished post for you to do with as you please. This should work across multiple thread pages and indeed between different threads. If you are on mobile, you may need your screen to be oriented in landscape.

For more information, please see the thread in the Announcements forum.
:omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg:

I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR SEVEN YEARSSSSSSSSSS
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Reviewing the Mac wagon, starting with Turnip Head:
Turnip Head wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:20 pm Mac seems more interested in reading townies than finding scum

I've voted for him :slick:
I don't think this is necessarily bad thing. Establishing town reads is the same thing as establishing a pool of suspects. Meh.

Turnip Head wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 9:43 am Mac's bad fam we should probably lynch him. Saying interesting things doesn't make someone town, he's reverse engineering town reads
This feels a little better, but on review I'm a little unsure of what is meant being referred to here. How exactly does one "reverse engineer" town reads? What does that mean?

Although I should admit that this post was somewhat influential in my eventual decision to vote for Mac. I don't know if I was thinking the same thing that TH is alluding to here, but I began to doubt the authenticity of Mac's big reads lists. It could have been the big puffed up content that, especially in a game like this, is created purely for the sake of credibility. I was wrong.

Turnip Head wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 1:55 pm
dunya wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 1:25 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:09 am
speedchuck wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:46 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:07 pm 14. Epi feels distinctly different in this game, but I'm not currently inclined to view that as a negative point. Reads have been pouring out of him more openly than I'm used to. It's a change that doesn't necessarily strike me as agenda-driven. Or maybe that's the point.
'not-negative'
'not necessarily agenda driven'
'maybe it's supposed to look good'

Do you have a read on Epi, or are those hedge brambles distracting you?
Yes, you will note that he’s in my highest tier of town reads. That post is worded the way it is because it was in response to a comment that epi feels different.

Yucky take, [VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine
i see you're still voting for speedchuck. is he your best suspect based on this post alone?
MacDougall wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 11:16 am Dunya which of G-man and Speedchuck is more likely to be town in your opinion?
i'd have to see more of both of them before deciding. i liked g-man's day 0 recap, looking forward to see what he made of day 1. gth, i would say speed is town and gman is bad. if i like, had to pick one.
MacDougall wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 11:38 am Opportunistic? How so?
@Turnip Head i'd like an answer to this too please. how was macdougall's suspicion of you opportunistic? :ponder:
I am thinking, alone in my turnipy head, that Mac thought I'm an easy person to rally doubt around, because I'm often misunderstood or distrusted as a townie. He said I was townie while I was fooling around and then scumread me once I started pursuing leads. I'd describe that as opportunistic. Gets me off his team's back and sows suspicion of me at the same time. :evileye:
I do not struggle to see this as believable paranoia. It's possible to manufacture a suspicion like this, but this opinion comes out of left field a bit, in such a way that feels authentic.

Turnip Head wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:46 pm A reminder that Mac was leading the poll by a full vote before the dogpile on sig occurred
This thought was the primary reason I voted for mac. I hated the ease of the sig wagon. Mac was the primary alternative (I tried to push Tony, but that was tough to do when my head is bumping into the ceiling).

TH's vote for Mac is not the worst thing ever, though I'm a bit skeptical of its foundation. If we can get an answer to that question I'll have a better sense of things.

Multiquote is so clean and efficient. This is my new favorite toy.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 206

Post by dunya »

M Plus 7 wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:41 am Yeah I have consistently thought he’s being genuine, although my gut has some doubts during the night phase apparently, so I’ll try to resolve those.
can you tell me more about these doubts if they're still there? where do they stem from, what triggered them?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 11:43 am I don't HAVE to suspect you in a game every time.
i agree, but you're also not someone who doesn't go back and forth on reads with paranoia. i'm not seeing the regular level of town ddl paranoia i'm used to.
sig wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:45 pm Claiming is such a lame way to play. Especially when nanook isnt even claiming.
he isn't going to claim his role before you do, so that your alibi matches his role. that's not how it works. the accused first, like he said, then he'll claim his role. i'm gonna take sig's absence and refusal to claim as a sign of guilt at this point.
Russtifinko wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 1:45 pm I would also peg G-man as a potential teamie, based pretty much solely on his D1 vote. My gut gives me some hesitation on that one, though, as does the fact that Epi was NK'ed: anyone else think it was really weird choice, given that Epi could've been expected to take a lot of heat for his D1 vote? He also had been attracting some attention D1 (on purpose, as we now know).
what do you think of nutella's d1 vote?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 2:23 pm Cool, you need just one more now.
my mom's birthday is today
so i won't be here
i fear
i can't stay till eod
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 9:15 am I wanna sheep on Sloon's G-Man case. Wasn't suspecting G-Man that much but he wasn't a strong green either. Sloon makes good points. G-Man is saying a lot without commiting to anything.
g-man's responses all feel calculated to me. i agree with everything you said about sig tbh, but his reaction to nanook is also not helping town.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Banjo-Kazooie Mafia [NIGHT 1]

Post by Sloonei »

Mr Sig
sig wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:45 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:46 pm Lol Sig is mafia how fucking funny
To call MP "kinda scummy"
Is the sort of move Sig always makes
His scum game is just full of mistakes
False,
Mafia
2 down
What's the opposite of playing grab ass? sig and mac seem hooked on doing this to each other every game (to hilarious results in the GoC).

sig wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:22 pm If yall are dumb enough to lynch me again go for it. :shrug:

[VOTE: mac] aubergine
I do not like this antagonistic stance to The Thread at Large. sig has been decrying efforts to lynch sig since before anyone starting talking about lynching sig. We're all immediately discredited for suspecting him for reasons that have nothing to do with the present game. He's not allowing reads to develop organically against him. I raised this as the basis for suspicion at the outset of Day 1. I'm returning to it late in Day 2: I can see it as a defense mechanism from a player whose objective is survival as opposed to solving. (Alternatively, it's a defense mechanism from a player who's tired of being lynched. But that is a counterproductive mechanism if so). Bad look.

sig wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:27 pm Epi is playing his normal game, which he does both as mafia and as civ. Civ lean from me though.
TH, DDL, and Nutella all are civ leand
Liking Rust's posts
Dunya I'm a bit meh on she cleared MP really fast
Leery on sloonie his reasoning to vote for me was weak which he did pull back on, but seems like he's throwing shit on the wall and seeing what sticks.
Not liking Nanook, MP, or Mac all should be lynched.
Comprehensive reads list. Mac is in the bottom tier with nanook (who currently hints at information implicating sig, wild) and MP. He is "leery" on me as well but has not explained what that means. Reasoning is scant in this post.

sig wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:33 pm Dunya, MP is trying to say I've always done this to him and basically making himself out to be a martyr who I go after every game.

This isnt a logical argument since that hasnt happened since we haven't played a full game in years.

The other game isn't done we have no idea about it and shouldn't be discussing it so until it's finished it is void.

Now the funny thing is people seem to be willing to brush off my poke and his reaction since well "I always do this." But besides nutella nobody seems to care that I was just lynched day 1. Which was a reason for votes on me.

My point is you can't use the defense from literally years ago. Players change and evolve it's weak and doesn't stand up.

Furthermore, on Mac the whole whiney sig is civ is illogical and has hints of the abrasiveness he gets when mafia. So he has to go.
Reasoning is less scant in this post. There is an implication that MacDougall is only abrasive when he's mafia. That is certifiably wack.

ultimately sig's vote can be viewed through the lens of self-preservation, but he was also one of the most active antagonistic voices against Mac on Day 1. This doesn't seem like a very developed case, but I can't say there were many of those going around Day 1. Either way, it is difficult to really grasp the sincerity of the case/vote when there are only a couple of sentences exist to explain it. I am not whelmed.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i get sig's frustration, lynched day 1 whether he's town or mafia. i expect he'd be even angrier to be lynched day 1 as mafia without getting a chance to play.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i'm more concerned with all the people he town leaned on. TH, DDL, nutella and Russti. statistics says he's gotta have put a mafioso in there.

he was wordiest when talking about you. usually that's a good thing if he's mafia. like he wants to poke, but not poke enough to engage the dragon.

people he didn't mention at all are gman, tony and speed in that post. worth noting perhaps.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Banjo-Kazooie Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Sloonei »

G-Man wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 2:57 pm Patching together a reads list yields this:

GOOD VIBES
-Russ: His good on the fake-claim cover roles makes me feel good. A baddie would have clarified with the host.
-Dunya: I like her spunk. She's more assertive and direct than I would suspect a baddie to be.
-Epi: He makes good counter-punches, but how many times have I been duped into civ reading him in the past?

TBD (I need to ISO these for a stronger read)
-DDL
-sig
-Sloonei
-Speed
-Tony
-TH

BAD VIBES
-MP: This might be old bias due to his high-volume style of play. It's a soft ping, so don't take it the wrong way.
-Nutella: Equal parts old bias and not feeling much of anything despite the volume of her ISO.
-Mac: He keeps coming back to low-hanging fruit. Lazy for a civvie to do; wise for a baddie. It's never lost its appeal. I am low-hanging fruit, I realize this, so my judgement may be a tad harsh.
-Nanook: Maybe it's a lack of familiarity, but something in his play rubs me the wrong way. Rhyme scheme in moderation and play the game, friendo.
Mac is in the red BAD VIBES tier because "he keeps coming back to low-hanging fruit." I was confused by this accusation, so I went back to review. I assume it's referring to this post, but it is entirely unsatisfying to wave that away as "coming back to low hanging fruit" because it was tied into a larger theory about how the mafia team might react to this particular game:
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:49 pm I would expect the methodology being wielded to make it harder for scum who already are not keen to post (ie. G-Man and Speedchuck who profile given G-Man doesn't like playing Mafia and Speedchuck slanks generally but somehow mustered an actual effort for Rona mafia so is probably burnt out). When I rand wolf I am always tailoring my posts, deleting them, walking away from the game etc. The post count cap + rhyming would just make that a lot worse.
But even more crucial than that is that Mac was absolutely not harping on the "low-hanging fruit" options. One of his most extended exchanges of the day was with TH. Turnips are vegetables, and thus can't be low-hanging fruit. I also don't regard TH as an easy player to get lynched (despite what TH might say). There's also Mac's Power Rankings, which featured other names like MP, dunya, and Epignosis in the suspects tier. These are players that G-man knows well and knows to be the exact opposite of "low-hanging fruit." So at best this is a suspicion that I vehemently disagree with. At worst, it is a false and nefarious excuse to vote out a threatening player on Day 1.
G-Man wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:53 pm Perhaps I am a sadist, but I want to see MP and sig work their issues out like adults. No easy outs!

Switching to Mac
Yuck. I don't like anything about this vote. It's... almost gloating? But not about the vote itself, rather about the vote he's departing from, and reveling in the freedom that opens him up to pursue in his Mac vote.

I'm leaning heavily into my pre-existing G-man suspicion here. But these are the only two posts in which he mentioned Mac on Day 1 and I don't see them as painting a favorable angle. I have identified civilian versions of G-man in the past (I recently contributed to his mislynch in the GoC but I wasn't town and reveled in the freedom his self-vote opened up for me), but this looks like a different version of the letter G.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:41 pm i'm more concerned with all the people he town leaned on. TH, DDL, nutella and Russti. statistics says he's gotta have put a mafioso in there.

he was wordiest when talking about you. usually that's a good thing if he's mafia. like he wants to poke, but not poke enough to engage the dragon.

people he didn't mention at all are gman, tony and speed in that post. worth noting perhaps.
Are you assuming that sig is bad here?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

yes, as i said in my multiquote post (yay), his reaction of silence is one i scum lean on at this point.

i had a big town-lean on him before this stuff with nanook tbh but maybe for unethical, angle-shooting reasons.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Banjo-Kazooie Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Sloonei »

I have not been keeping track of myself.
This is my eleventh post this phase
But I'm up to thirty these days,
So I'm less worried about clearing the shelf.

Anyway, here's dunya. Ctrl+F got a lot more hits on this one.
dunya wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 11:31 am
nutella wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:30 pm I aint lynching sig on day (1)
twice in a row, that's no fun
I'd rather choose someone who seems too eager
to do so despite the motive being so meager
feels like tmi

i didn't get the scummy vibes that sloonei, mac, and others got from sig, but this excuse from nutella is not really a defense of "why sig is not mafia" it's just some weak narrative about not wanting to lynch him on day 1 twice in a row, but maybe on day 2 eh? i guess i just don't buy it.

i think sloonei is being sloonei. i am not comfortable calling either epi or mp town yet, but i feel like epi's case on mp was a bit more like an english teacher nitpicking someone's grammar vs. scumminess in posts so i would vote epi out before mp. then again, the way nutella (eagerly) votes for mp pretty quickly makes me feel nut and epi are not on the same team if there's one baddie between them.

i like macdougall.
The larger point here is skepticism of nutella, but Mac gets a direct defense as part of that. She doesn't explain why, but I think that's fine in the context of dunya.

dunya wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:53 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:11 am How does him balancing to overcome it prevent the human experience of it?
i don't understand? you said: "expect the scum to have action paralysis" to me, that implies role restrictions. what did you mean?

after rereading sloonei im undecided. i sense there's some reservation in his posts that i know scum sloonei is known for, but with the post restrictions, i can't tell if that's because of the limitations or because he actually is scum sloonei. but avoiding some stuff and choosing what to comment on without weighing in on things happening makes me hesitant. putting me and nutella in the same undecided could be town could not be category didn't sit right with me either. i don't see anywhere where he's questioned or called out anything i've said. indeed, he's gone this far without addressing me or commenting about me at all before his rainbow!
I asked the same question. Mac eventually answered. This exchange exists. I can do nothing with it.

dunya wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 11:04 am MacDougall

you wrote all TH has done is sheep people. where is that? i looked for it and didn't see it.

his first opinion was to say sig wasn't bad. everyone else was piling on sig. he went against the flow.

he voted MP with others, but then was the first to provide a counterargument and unvote.

he poked and voted for me on his own.

he voted for you and is pushing for your lynch for reasons he created entirely.

spicy hot take: mac and nutella and sloonei are bad.
Legitimate prodding. I do not object to this post at all. She arrives at a suspicion of Mac (along with myself and nutella) here. That would indeed be a spicy hot team. Meaty, even.

dunya wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 1:08 pm i feel like sloonei wouldn't outright ignore me. i've mentioned you plenty of times, and you'd at least ask me what it was that was making me iffy on you. you'd want to hear it so you can defend yourself or make a decision on where i stand. you've outright ignored me, and it's a point of concern for me.

i also don't believe i still haven't left enough of an impression on you to either be in your town or suspect tier. if anyone can read me, it's you.

anyway, i'm gonna see how i feel about this, because i think mac's long reads was the easiest thing to fake as a scum to appear like a contributing member of town: [VOTE: macdougall] aubergine
This post is more about me, but Mac gets a vote. That's not unfair, since I was nowhere near lynch viability. I had the same qualm with Mac's reads lists.

dunya wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 1:25 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 11:16 am Dunya which of G-man and Speedchuck is more likely to be town in your opinion?
i'd have to see more of both of them before deciding. i liked g-man's day 0 recap, looking forward to see what he made of day 1. gth, i would say speed is town and gman is bad. if i like, had to pick one.
MacDougall wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 11:38 am Opportunistic? How so?
@Turnip Head i'd like an answer to this too please. how was macdougall's suspicion of you opportunistic? :ponder:
These posts look open minded. Dunya has not passed final judgment on anything or anyone and is still asking questions. At any rate, her suspicion of Macdougall has come across as much more organic than either G-man or sig's. I give that a little less weight with dunya, though. I've seen the way she lies. :srsnod: That's not to suggest we should start sounding the alarms here. I'm encouraged by all of this, but I'm less comfortable slapping a firm town reason on dunya than I would be for most players. That could in part just be because it's been so long since we were actually in a game together. This is a long winded way of saying I'm not currently interested in lynching dunya, but I'm wary of having that construed as "lock town".

dunya wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:50 pm macdougall being saved. unimpressed, but will double down next phase.

linki: epi making it a tie! :o
My exact thought process. I don't hate it.

dunya's vote looks the best of those I've looked at.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:47 pm yes, as i said in my multiquote post (yay), his reaction of silence is one i scum lean on at this point.

i had a big town-lean on him before this stuff with nanook tbh but maybe for unethical, angle-shooting reasons.
It is hard to get around that. I don't accept nanook's claim at face value, but even if he's making it up it is a strategy I have seen him use effectively in the past and the onus is squarely on sig to do something about this pressure. So far he's frozen, and that's not an encouraging look. He's been absent for a while though. He hasn't posted in the thread since all the backlash to his refusal to claim. Idk, this has been a boring day.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I went back to review Tony
To determine whether he is phony
Or if Iron Man does good
For the sake of the Banjo hood.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:01 pm
dunya wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 10:51 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 7:02 am I think it’s Epi, Sloonei, and Turnip.
i agree on sloonei now, and probably nutella. i don't know why epi voted for mac, maybe he did and i didn't see why. i'll check. but his switch from sig to mac put them tied, which is ok in my books. and it was gman who tipped the scale then sloonei came on board at some point.
Epi said he wouldn't vote for Mac, took a simple answer from Sig to get off Sig, voted for Mac (I think) without comment. It's not a complicated case, but I'm willing to run with it.
There are one or two points in Epi's favor.

As far as Sloonei goes, I have no way to judge how he's playing. He's based his play on a strategic element I disagree with the philosophy on. I think he's presenting it as a preemptive defense, but it's unclear.
I have had some lingering skepticism of Tony, but it has been very vague. However, I can't ignore his Night 1 posts: he spent a decent amount of time painting Epi as a suspect. Does he bother to do that if he is bad and is on the team that's about to kill Epi that night? I would lean no on that, but it's not a certainty.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:51 pm Dragon D. Luffy scumish
dunya town
Epignosis scumish
G-Man town
M Plus 7 town
MacDougall dead
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME town
nutella scumish
Russtifinko town
sig town
Sloonei town
speedchuck town
TonyStarkPrime town
Turnip Head scumish
Outside of nutella, I'd strongly disagree with all of these scum reads.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:19 am Sloonei might be bad
But I think I’m wrong
To keep pursuing THead
Who Keeps chugging along
Tony has since changed his tune on TH, with an implication that I've filled that slot. I'm interested in the development of both these reads, as well as scum read on DDL. I'd also like it Tony could tell us how Epi's flip has changed things for him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Eh guys the day locks in 30 minutes this low activity is officially scaring me now.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 82
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

I was saving up some posts to argue people back into killing Sig but I guess I don’t have to

Noice
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:27 pm Eh guys the day locks in 30 minutes this low activity is officially scaring me now.
Yeah was just thinking this. I've been occupied with both spectating champs and some actual work stuff so I haven't been giving this game much attention but the dead air is making me anxious about sig.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I think regardless of sig's flip we have pretty much wasted this day (aside from Sloonei perhaps). I guess there may be some associative reads we can make from the sig situation but otherwise there has been very little analysis. It feels stagnant.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

There is such a thing as a wasted day, this wasn’t it
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Eh it's a mafia classic, if there is a cop result the activity grinds down to halt, regardless of how much people say we should be pursuing other suspects.

People don't want to work more than they see necessary.

I wish I could help more but I've actually made my points both against and for Sig and decided I'm more confortable not lynching him. Though maybe I could change back if better arguments appear or a bad wagon grows. Dunno. I think I'll just stick around burning posts and watching the thread.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Meanwhile, enjoy a classic of this game's sequel.

And its ice version!

Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

nutella wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:29 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:27 pm Eh guys the day locks in 30 minutes this low activity is officially scaring me now.
Yeah was just thinking this. I've been occupied with both spectating champs and some actual work stuff so I haven't been giving this game much attention but the dead air is making me anxious about sig.
Same. I joined this game largely because I figured it'd be manageable with the post count limits, but I expected more activity than this.
dunya wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:23 pmwhat do you think of nutella's d1 vote?
I had been more focused on sig, Epi, and G-Man as the most likely baddies after Mac's flip, and nutella is one of the people who's left the least impression on me this game. I'll give her an ISO in addition to G-Man and Sloonei.
dunya wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:47 pm yes, as i said in my multiquote post (yay), his reaction of silence is one i scum lean on at this point.

Would you mind elaborating here on "unethical, angle-shooting reasons"?

Linki: DDL, given that you prefer not to lynch sig today: if you were King of the Thread today and could direct people to lynch anyone you wanted, who would you choose and why?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Turnip.

If Sig is not bad, TH's defense of him looks very fabricated.

Yeah reads are clearly and obviously better than mechanics and should definitely take priority

🙄

If Sig isn’t mafia then he’s gamethrowing by both not claiming and not engaging even a little bit. Much more likely he’s just mafia imo, but tbh I don’t feel bad killing him either way.

I am also completely unsympathetic to “the way he treated MP was over the line if he’s mafia” arguments, whether or not it was over the line or not is entirely independent of his alignment. Arguments otherwise don’t deserve the time they take to read.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:43 pm Turnip.

What is fabricated about it?
Does his tone seem fake?
Or are his arguments shit?
Explain this false-Turnip take.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:50 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:43 pm Turnip.

What is fabricated about it?
Does his tone seem fake?
Or are his arguments shit?
Explain this false-Turnip take.
Like, he seems to be using a tone that is trying to implicate people for being wrong about him.
Turnip Head wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:44 am You're making a loooot of assumptions about how nanook's role works, Luffy. Why are you doing that?
Turnip Head wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 10:59 am That's not logic though it's wild guessing. Nanook hasn't said at ant point that h es not allowed to share how he got his "check". He pushed his check a little and if you go back to when he first mentioned it, it almost sounds like he wasn't even serious about it, and then he sort of quietly mentioned it a second time. The way he went about it is sus as fuck and you're just rolling with it and coming up with explanations FOR him.

I'm going to start saving my posts now but I'm a little surprised how easily you're treating a theory as a fact.

If Nanook wants us to take him seriously he should answer some of this for himself, and stop letting his pet dragon do the PR.
The focus doesn't seem to be on what he thinks about Sig but whether I am making assumptions, or following Nanook without questioning. It's like he's setting me up to be lynched if/after Sig flips town (and if he's bad, he knows Sig will flip town).
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I don't like the tone either, feels like he's being way more dramatic than the situation warrants.

Like what’s the argument for not killing Sig today? So we can keep him around as a distraction tomorrow? If you don’t like how today has gone, the solution isn’t “let’s kill someone else lulz” it’s kill Sig and move on with his flip.

And let’s be real here, if he flips town that refused to claim and also didn’t play....that’s not a loss I’m sad about, ngl

I also think TH has (eww) mafia (yuck) equity (I’m sorry jay please don’t modkill me)
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

We seem to be limping toward a sig lynch. I don't hate it. I'll stay on G-man for emphasis, I guess.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:56 pm I also think TH has (eww) mafia (yuck) equity (I’m sorry jay please don’t modkill me)
But is that +/-EV read to make?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Yeah DDL cuz if sig flips town let's suspect the one person who wasn't up for an easy lynch today :ike: if I was bad and sig was good I think I would have just gotten on the sig wagon cuz it was served up on a silver platter. Itheres no brownie points to win by my contraianism. 'm not bad for doubting nanook's peek on sig, his peek looked fake to me and still does. Let's not play one-dimensional chess here. If more people had doubted nanook's peak we may have had more discussion today, and I was the only person driving that route of discussion (other than sloonei's case on G-Man which I intend to explore more thoroughly).
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:55 pm Like what’s the argument for not killing Sig today? So we can keep him around as a distraction tomorrow? If you don’t like how today has gone, the solution isn’t “let’s kill someone else lulz” it’s kill Sig and move on with his flip.

And let’s be real here, if he flips town that refused to claim and also didn’t play....that’s not a loss I’m sad about, ngl
I mean all of those are right but at the end of the day we still gotta lynch mafia.

And if we have reasons to think your peek is not reliable (you say it isn't) and that Sig looks more like a person who got angry and blasted out of the door than a mafioso caught without a counterclaim... that is worth considering.

Leaving a town Sig who may not come back around is still better than lynching a town Sig.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Day 2 has ended.

Another day ends and my what a pleasure
Off goes that hippo with his oh so precious treasure
Now Banjo and birdie are as clueless as ever
Who can deny that Grunty's the most clever?

sig was lynched. He was:

You are Captain Blubber.

You have no special abilities.

You gain one Jiggy if you survive Day 1 and another one after each ensuing odd-numbered day phase.

You are aligned with the civilians and win the game when all mafia members are eliminated.

Night 2 is underway. You have 24 hours to get your actions to me. I'll update post count ceilings shortly. And I hope correctly.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Turnip Head wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:58 pm if I was bad and sig was good I think I would have just gotten on the sig wagon cuz it was served up on a silver platter. Itheres no brownie points to win by my contraianism.
Wifom.

Don't pretend the opposite stratregy is not common or good.

Especially if there are no scum wagons on site. Mafia might as well spread their votes around and go do their own things.

LINKI: meh

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:59 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:55 pm Like what’s the argument for not killing Sig today? So we can keep him around as a distraction tomorrow? If you don’t like how today has gone, the solution isn’t “let’s kill someone else lulz” it’s kill Sig and move on with his flip.

I mean all of those are right but at the end of the day we still gotta lynch mafia.

And if we have reasons to think your peek is not reliable (you say it isn't) and that Sig looks more like a person who got angry and blasted out of the door than a mafioso caught without a counterclaim... that is worth considering.

Leaving a town Sig who may not come back around is still better than lynching a town Sig.
Disagree, but probably mostly based on a theory difference

Like how fucking hard is it to say “I’m VT” jfc

I have zero remorse
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I just like to apply the Theorem of Epignosis here:

"If your strategy does not aim to lynch mafia, your strategy is bullshit"
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:02 pm Like how fucking hard is it to say “I’m VT” jfc

I have zero remorse
Being for or against claiming is a touchy subject in mafia communities it seems.

I don’t have the aversion to killing non-obvious town that a lot of people do tbh. Not even including mechanical reasons to think he was >rand mafia. Sometimes you have to break a few eggs etc

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:03 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:02 pm Like how fucking hard is it to say “I’m VT” jfc

I have zero remorse
Being for or against claiming is a touchy subject in mafia communities it seems.
If you don’t want to play a game with claims don’t sign up for one then 🤷‍♀️
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 156
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I have zero remorse
You tried to bully him into claiming and now you're victim blaming him lol. I'm glad your gambit didn't work tbh.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I am very far from whelmed.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:04 pm I don’t have the aversion to killing non-obvious town that a lot of people do tbh. Not even including mechanical reasons to think he was >rand mafia. Sometimes you have to break a few eggs etc
I mean you are not wrong but... sometimes you need to go the extra mile. Be crazy. Lynch the unlynchable. Lynch the obvious busser. Leave the obvious suspect alive.

Mafia wins the game too often if town acts predictable and does the things mafia expects them to do.

I guess we could say, the only thing necessary for evil to win, is for the good guys to be boring.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:05 pm

I have zero remorse
You tried to bully him into claiming and now you're victim blaming him lol. I'm glad your gambit didn't work tbh.
What's your read on G-man?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

What is everyone's read on G-man?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

ugh
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:07 pm What is everyone's read on G-man?
town
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Rackets”