FTL Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

It's 2112. Get with the times! Who gets treasure?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:36 pm

MacDougall
10%
motobot
10%
Myo
No votes
nutella
10%
sig
No votes
Sloonei
10%
Geddy Lee (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
60%

Total votes: 10
Myo
Posts in topic: 51

Re: FTL Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Myo »

Also, what is salad?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Let there be Mac
Spoiler: show
MacDougall wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:38 pm 2 mafia solved already.
MacDougall wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:40 pm Got three now.
MacDougall wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:40 pm Tedxtr, Jiwon, Long Con in case you're wondering.
I've gotten slightly better at identifying civilian macdougall in recent games, but I'm still not all that good at identifying mafia mac. One thing that I am wary of is that Mafia Mac is perfectly capable of projecting extreme confidence in his phony reads. These early posts would be a blueprint for that. But the reason I'm historically awful at reading Mac is that this tendency isn't out of character for him as a civilian either. He said as much here:
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 6:11 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:26 pm @motobot @MacDougall You guys are making some certain sounding reads here, can you tell me why?
I like to project confidence in all of my doings
My concern here, if I decide to run with it, would be that Mac's projection of confidence is simply that: a projection. I have no distinct reason to lean in that direction at the moment, but it's a possibility that exists.
MacDougall wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:44 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:43 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:40 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:33 pm Lol at Sig already having two votes.
Was my initial reaction but also Sloonei isn't the type to just lolvote sig so he may have seen something there that I did not.
I feel like Sloonei's votes are pretend for the first 3/4ths of D1 and Sig somehow pocketed me in a game recently iirc. Covid? Like I'm just gonna let that stuff play out without worrying about what either of them are doing atm. Unless when I read the posts I've missed there's nothing else interesting going on.
Mirrored a lot of my thoughts Jack. Shall we dance together in honour of our failure to do so in the recent game?
Contrary to Jack's seeming palpable energy to redeem himself from last game, Mac's acknowledgment of that experience seems more distant. I don't award him the same credit as Jack, but he doesn't lose any points here either. I'm just noting the absence of a town read rather than the presence of a suspicion.

MacDougall wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:45 pm Let me start by suggesting that Long Con is the optimal lynch here always.

1 - He's scummy
2 - He's Long Con, he only contributes when he's a wolf anyway so he's the best possible mislynch
3 - He didn't want me to have scrap
See, there's absolutely no reason this post can't exist from a mafia macdougall. There's no reason why it has to be a mafia macdougall either, but :shrug:

MacDougall wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:06 am
JiwonMeganPark wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 3:51 am Hi, I have no idea what is scrap~
Alright you can be town
He reverses that early scum read on Jiwon. I guess I sort of like this post a little bit, kind of.
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:18 am
Sloonei wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:23 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:07 pm
tedxtr wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:41 pm Vote Mac and see what happens /shrug
A vote for Mac is a vote against a town win con.
Prove it
Lynch me, you'll see.
This was not the response I expected when I prodded Mac. I meant my "prove it" as in, "Go do all the town things, Mr. Doguall. Be a shining beacon for the rest of us in the dark cold void of space, you noble beast." But he took it as an accusation of sorts, which... maybe that indicates a sense of guilt somewhere in the back of his mind? I'm not a psychologist though. I am a space ship.
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:56 am Soneji just claimed mafia
Lots of people pounced on soneji. Mac was one of them. I dunno. This post, again, is not out of character for any version of mac.

Mac, as always, gets a shrug read. I don't have the energy to recommend lynching him right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Myo wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:48 pm Also, what is salad?
Player Salad is the signature dish of the Syndicate!

We use it to refer to somebody who provides a vague list of suspects that they would lynch. "I would lynch players X, Y, & Z. Maybe W." is the standard recipe. It's seen as a bad thing.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 336

Post by MacDougall »

ColinIsCool - I haven't read any of his posts
nutellamir - I haven't read any of their posts
Jackofhearts2005 - Can confirm that this is in fact Jackofhearts2005 playing in this slot
JiwonMeganPark - Strange day zero. Strange play in general. Have no meta. No idea of noob town or noob wolf. Probably need to lynch this person not on day 1.
Long Con - Long Con won't be solved by night kill ever so Long Con will need to be a focus of heavy town solving and be placed under immense pressure Prepare for anxiety LC.
MacDougall - Damn my garden is going great! Who knew I was such a great gardener.
motobot - Nanook being evil is a pretty fair thing to say. Probably a townie kid here.
Myo - Slightly less askew play than Jiwon. Coaching?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - Just lock town always.
sig - Mislynch sig is in full effect. I think I've finally reached the point where I can tell when it's occurring.
Sloonei - Can confirm that this is Sloonei and not an AI emulation of him.
Soneji - Biggest scum read. His energy is off imo.
Spacedaisy - Will probs get solved by night kills if and when she decides to switch on.
tedxtr - Inno child. Wouldn't lynch yet.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I'd like to suggest the primary focus of day 1 be deciding between lynching Long Con, Soneji and if you feel like it you can throw me into the debate for some spice.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 198
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

sup

we ain't lynching sig today you absolute nerds
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: FTL Mafia [Day 0]

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:47 pm
sig wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:29 pm Myo is my favorite player, 10/10 buddying accepted.

Mac seems civvie.
Nanook seems meh, this time I'm right I swear. :p
I wanna lynch Sloonie, for reasons,
LC, since I've gotten away from my roots of always lynching him and him usually, sometimes, kinda always being mafia.
Ted, since I never wanna lynch Ted and I think it'll be a fun way to start the game.
If Nutella was here, she'd call this salad tho.
i saw this and no, i wouldn't??? It's not lol
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

This is my first chance to exercise my new Nutella meta. Never scum read her ever. Here's hoping that works out.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I don't like soneji so far but it's been a while since I've played with him and I think he's easy to misread
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:52 pm sup

we ain't lynching sig today you absolute nerds
So far I feel good about my decision.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

World famous Walrus Participant motobot is joining us for a mafia game. I think this is his first time playing? Welcome!

motobot wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:29 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:41 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:38 pm
Bravo
You sound disappointed that I have solved the game. Don't be Sloonei. Together we will reclaim the cosmos on behalf of the government or whatever it is that we represent.
I was going to vote for you for scrap, but now I kind of think Spacedaisy is a better choice because you sound like you are trying to pretend to figure out who is bad and who is good.
If this is his first game, then this is the first post he ever made in a mafia game and it's the most straightforward smackdown of Macdougall I've ever seen. Moto is instantly my favorite player in the game.

motobot wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:19 pm I think that Nanook is bad he might kill me he's evil :dark:
Can you tell us more about why you think nanook is evil, motobot? What evil things did he do?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Path to victory:

Day 1 lynch Long Con or Soneji. Hopefully we get wolf there. I'd say probs higher than rand chance and it's probably one of the higher rated players in any potential wolf build unless we have the misfortunate of having randed LC/Soneji + some combination of Sloo/Jack/Nook/Nut/Daisy. Which I mean, it's probable too but also those are all gonna get night killed if they're town and we run this game deep. Never lynch sig day 1. Even if it's a scum lynch it's usually the worst scum lynch and sig is a great townie that never really gets a chance to shine. He can draw night kills if his reads are on song and that's a good thing if it happens in any game really because of his propensity to get mislynched.

Day 1 kill: I'd guess as long as the townies amongst the aforementioned names town read me on the large I probably cop a bullet here. But it's near certainly going to be one of Sloo/Nut/Mac/Daisy I'd say.

Day 2 lynch: If we get a wolf flip day one we'll have a POE. For the love of God just start lynching from the POE. If we fail to hit fur day 1 lynch the other of LC/Soneji.

Day 2 kill: Probs gonna be another from that pile of names I mentioned.

Day 3 lynch: If we haven't hit fur at this point lynch Sloonei without thinking twice. If we have 1 or 2 wolves, keep working through the POE and we'll win eventually.

If we follow this model up to day 3 we have an >80% chance of winning the game and right now anyone sane would be accepting that opportunity.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:56 pm World famous Walrus Participant motobot is joining us for a mafia game. I think this is his first time playing? Welcome!

motobot wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:29 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:41 pm
Bravo
You sound disappointed that I have solved the game. Don't be Sloonei. Together we will reclaim the cosmos on behalf of the government or whatever it is that we represent.
I was going to vote for you for scrap, but now I kind of think Spacedaisy is a better choice because you sound like you are trying to pretend to figure out who is bad and who is good.
If this is his first game, then this is the first post he ever made in a mafia game and it's the most straightforward smackdown of Macdougall I've ever seen. Moto is instantly my favorite player in the game.

motobot wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:19 pm I think that Nanook is bad he might kill me he's evil :dark:
Can you tell us more about why you think nanook is evil, motobot? What evil things did he do?
Pretty astute read on me to be honest.
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Soneji »

Mac what would you know about my energy to tell if it's off? That's some vague bullshit if I've ever seen it.
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:52 pm I'd like to suggest the primary focus of day 1 be deciding between lynching Long Con, Soneji and if you feel like it you can throw me into the debate for some spice.
Day 1 ends in less than two hours Mac.

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

This is great—now we TK the drago/nutella slot, and if it flips mafia, awesome! If it flips town, we get nutella 2.0 in the Colin slot.

What could go wrong!
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:58 pm Path to victory:

Day 1 lynch Long Con or Soneji. Hopefully we get wolf there. I'd say probs higher than rand chance and it's probably one of the higher rated players in any potential wolf build unless we have the misfortunate of having randed LC/Soneji + some combination of Sloo/Jack/Nook/Nut/Daisy. Which I mean, it's probable too but also those are all gonna get night killed if they're town and we run this game deep. Never lynch sig day 1. Even if it's a scum lynch it's usually the worst scum lynch and sig is a great townie that never really gets a chance to shine. He can draw night kills if his reads are on song and that's a good thing if it happens in any game really because of his propensity to get mislynched.

Day 1 kill: I'd guess as long as the townies amongst the aforementioned names town read me on the large I probably cop a bullet here. But it's near certainly going to be one of Sloo/Nut/Mac/Daisy I'd say.

Day 2 lynch: If we get a wolf flip day one we'll have a POE. For the love of God just start lynching from the POE. If we fail to hit fur day 1 lynch the other of LC/Soneji.

Day 3 lynch: If we haven't hit fur at this point lynch Sloonei without thinking twice. If we have 1 or 2 wolves, keep working through the POE and we'll win eventually.

If we follow this model up to day 3 we have an >80% chance of winning the game and right now anyone sane would be accepting that opportunity.
MacDougall out here really trying to create a chain of lynches, off of a low content d1.

[VOTE: MacDougall] aubergine

Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:03 pm This is great—now we TK the drago/nutella slot, and if it flips mafia, awesome! If it flips town, we get nutella 2.0 in the Colin slot.

What could go wrong!
You forget the step where we lynch nutella 2.0.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:59 pm Mac what would you know about my energy to tell if it's off? That's some vague bullshit if I've ever seen it.
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:52 pm I'd like to suggest the primary focus of day 1 be deciding between lynching Long Con, Soneji and if you feel like it you can throw me into the debate for some spice.
Day 1 ends in less than two hours Mac.
Well unless you usually have a vibe of vague irritation I'd say it's a fair observation of your play so far. You don't seem comfortable to me. Mildly volatile since your first post. I'd say you've been talked into playing here, randed wolf and immediately been like "well fuck" and haven't thought to offset that in your post tone because you didn't expect it to be scumread by anyone. But here we are. Mac the moron with a Mac level read.
Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:04 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:58 pm Path to victory:

MacDougall out here really trying to create a chain of lynches, off of a low content d1.

[VOTE: MacDougall] aubergine
Good luck Soneji! :beer:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

When I made the chain of lynches post I thought to myself "this is suspicious to noobs". So for Soneji to be the one to suspect and then vote me for it is both a surprise and also scummy.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]Soneji[/mention] how does there being 2 hours before end of day prevent us from making our focus the pool of players I mentioned?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:58 pm
Day 3 lynch: If we haven't hit fur at this point lynch Sloonei without thinking twice.
:fry narrowed eyes emoji:

why
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Myo is a confident town read.
Myo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:31 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:20 am HogwartWerewolves on Reddit?
Yup, so I'm going to have to get used to the forum-style posting and not having comment chains to follow.
Myo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:41 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:35 am
Myo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:31 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:20 am HogwartWerewolves on Reddit?
Yup, so I'm going to have to get used to the forum-style posting and not having comment chains to follow.
How did you hear about Syndicate?

I read a lot of meta posts regarding game design back in the winter when I was preparing to run a game and you all have a few of those that came up.
First, I can't even imagine how mafia looks when played on reddit. That feels... cluttered? I'm sure it's nice, it just seems foreign to me. Second, it warms my heart that we come up on google searches for mafia resources and that someone looked to us Jay for assistance.
Myo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:32 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:33 pm I offered one single pre-flip associative read in Banjo-Kazooie and it gave me the false confidence to mislynch a civilian who I thought was paired with another civilian on Day 1. Never again!
What does 'pre-flip' mean?
Now onto the actual read. A question like this tells me that Myo is genuinely reading and trying to figure out what all these new people are talking about. We're using terminology he doesn't know and she seeks clarification without a moment's hesitation. That sort of openness and ease is what I like to see in a civilian. Speaking of openness and ease:
Myo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:04 pm
Myo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:53 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:02 pm To give someone new the bonus scrap. So you think if we all tie in today's vote, we'll all get scrap?
You think so? I kind of assumed that if multiple people tied for the top vote that it would be determined by RNG?
Hi Myo! What can you tell us about your mafia experience? What sort of things will you be looking for, and what is your general strategy on Day 1 and later on?

Hola! I think I mentioned that I normally play at HogwartsWerewolves. Games are a bit bigger (small games are 30-45 and big games are 70-100ish). I'm excited to try something different! Not sure what else to say about my general experience ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I normally like to discuss mechanics phase 0/1 and see what people think is the best approach to different roles/event/etc. I like to get a feel about where other people's heads are at compared to mine. I typically base who I think is sus in the early phases on this. Later in the game I'd say that I kind of like to poke people if that makes sense? Especially with regards to the quieter people I tend to find that reactions to accusations/questions can be useful. Also looking for people who flip-flop on their reads or opinions.

Based on your questions I'm guessing my inclination that ties are solved by RNG is probably false based on typical rules here?
Myo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:04 pm
Myo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:20 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:56 pm
Myo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:04 pm
Myo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:53 pm

You think so? I kind of assumed that if multiple people tied for the top vote that it would be determined by RNG?
Hi Myo! What can you tell us about your mafia experience? What sort of things will you be looking for, and what is your general strategy on Day 1 and later on?

Hola! I think I mentioned that I normally play at HogwartsWerewolves. Games are a bit bigger (small games are 30-45 and big games are 70-100ish). I'm excited to try something different! Not sure what else to say about my general experience ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I normally like to discuss mechanics phase 0/1 and see what people think is the best approach to different roles/event/etc. I like to get a feel about where other people's heads are at compared to mine. I typically base who I think is sus in the early phases on this. Later in the game I'd say that I kind of like to poke people if that makes sense? Especially with regards to the quieter people I tend to find that reactions to accusations/questions can be useful. Also looking for people who flip-flop on their reads or opinions.

Based on your questions I'm guessing my inclination that ties are solved by RNG is probably false based on typical rules here?
Your strategy is most aligned with mine, though I’ll caution that players who flip-flop are not always suspicious for doing so, especially in this community. “Flip-flopping” is more often than not just changing one’s mind.

Is role claiming typically allowed in your games?

Yes, role claiming and what was called 'info-dumping' in the rules is allowed and normal.
How does that affect you going into this game, where those things are not allowed?

I don’t really think it should change things that much for me. I’ve played games before where the seer/power-roles died without revealing and so there were no role-claims/info to be shared late game because the role was already dead. The majority of my town/sus reads tend to be based on comment/vote histories and interactions with other players anyways. Having the power-role info does allows things to ‘slot’ into place and helps guide a bit (contextualise might be a good way of thinking about it) but this is also achieved by alignments shared in the meta when someone is lunched/night killed.

I am very excited for the public vote tallies, which are something I have never seen before.
I asked Myo a few generic questions about gameplay/strategy/whatever, and the answers were again very carefree and open. There are no reads on this particular game in these posts, but I feel like I'm talking to a player who is not uncomfortable to be here; a player who rolled scum in a new environment might be less comfortable.

Myo wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:47 pm
tedxtr wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:51 pm
Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:12 am Nutella isn't here though, so would Jack call this salad?

Asking questions for the sake of asking questions.
Eh, I feel that this deserves a little push-back. Couching your own opinions in someone else's reasoning strikes me as creating
'distance' between yourself and your actions. The follow-up feels warranted to get Jackofhearts2005's actual thoughts/reasoning without basing it on outside logic that he's not claiming as his own.
This is the only thing that really constitutes a read from Myo so far in the game. I approve of the direction.
Myo wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:48 pm Also, what is salad?
Another question that suggests she's reading along and trying to figure out our silly styles. Groovy.

I like the tone and am willing to trust Myo. The next step is developing reads. So let's do that, myo! Who stands out to you so far, one way or the otehr?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:11 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:58 pm
Day 3 lynch: If we haven't hit fur at this point lynch Sloonei without thinking twice.
:fry narrowed eyes emoji:

why
You know the answer to that Nutella.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If this is going to be one of those games where Mac bluntly says stuff like "Sloonei should be lynched if he's alive by day 3" and it becomes a big hoo-ha can we fast forward through the bullshit and just separate into the "Mac is bad" and "Mac is not bad" lines right now so I can work out whether I should bother putting energy into this game?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

...Mac is playing this game with a very weird energy lol but I should keep to my promise of returning his favor and just assume he's town
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:03 pm This is great—now we TK the drago/nutella slot, and if it flips mafia, awesome! If it flips town, we get nutella 2.0 in the Colin slot.

What could go wrong!
We're living in a futuristic utopia with access to both lightspeed travel and a never-ending jar of nutella.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:14 pm ...Mac is playing this game with a very weird energy lol but I should keep to my promise of returning his favor and just assume he's town
You already failed and have disappointed me extremely.
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

What you might be viewing as vague irritation is just my general mannerism, and probably how my sarcasm can come off. I'm a prickly sort. I get more irritated at a lack of good content as town, then as randing scum in this game state.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

For the record. The "weird energy" read belongs to me on Soneji.

I have a question, is anybody pooping right now? Cuz insta lock wolf right there.

For the record! My energy composition right now is probably off because the ingredients are:

1 part MU champs spec chat influence
1 part I played three games of video mafia yesterday influence
1 part MacDougall's usual playstyle
1 part I've been off my game lately and realising that I actually can't read people as good as I thought I could
1 part this game has been kinda slow and I am having to force the reads a little bit
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:17 pm What you might be viewing as vague irritation is just my general mannerism, and probably how my sarcasm can come off. I'm a prickly sort. I get more irritated at a lack of good content as town, then as randing scum in this game state.
So do you believe that my read on you was genuine then?
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:10 pm @Soneji how does there being 2 hours before end of day prevent us from making our focus the pool of players I mentioned?
2 hours of 48 is far from "the primary focus of d1" and is a limited time for discussion when not everyone is going to be on. You're trying to act a town leader but it's laughably bad.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Also bout to play a Turbo on MU so I'm bout to juggle.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:20 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:10 pm @Soneji how does there being 2 hours before end of day prevent us from making our focus the pool of players I mentioned?
2 hours of 48 is far from "the primary focus of d1" and is a limited time for discussion when not everyone is going to be on. You're trying to act a town leader but it's laughably bad.
Alright, lead the way Soneji.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nanook the grated... does anyone know a type of cheese that rhymes with fearsome?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:42 am Btw I should probably warn everyone I a) will largely be making snap reads and b) will not be explaining them beyond "I made a snap read," cause I don't believe in overexplaining snap gut reads.

Just so everyone is aware.

You should still sheep me tho.
Nanook confirmed nanook. Cool.

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:08 pm Eh, I guess that was an assumption rather than what it actually says.

Also Myo and sig are mafia partners, discuss
A man of his word. I'd ask why these reads exist, but...

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:17 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 4:01 pm
tedxtr wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:48 pm ok i gotta stop these jokes because they're probably massively anti-town
The only thing anti-town is a non-answer.
You must hate playing with me lol
Never.

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:20 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:40 pm Tedxtr, Jiwon, Long Con in case you're wondering.
Ted and Jiwon are my backup team so I’m ok with this
See above.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 11:21 am Mac is town, lock it in never reconsider
:shrug:
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:36 pm “Throw shit on the wall and see what sticks” is basically the sloonei motto tbh
This constitutes the absence of a scum read on me, at least. I... appreciate that, I guess.

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:57 pm Why would you be surprised that someone who didn’t post D0 hasn’t posted yet D1
A legitimate question. I'll call that a tentative good look, but absolutely nothing in here is out of range for Evil Nanook.

He's been loose and carefree, but I've seen scum nanook be those things in the past. My meta read on him is still a work in progress since I only saw scum nanook for the first several games we played together. I have no direct reason to accuse him of anything yet. I don't really know what to do with these posts. They exist.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:19 pm For the record. The "weird energy" read belongs to me on Soneji.

I have a question, is anybody pooping right now? Cuz insta lock wolf right there.

For the record! My energy composition right now is probably off because the ingredients are:

1 part MU champs spec chat influence
1 part I played three games of video mafia yesterday influence
1 part MacDougall's usual playstyle
1 part I've been off my game lately and realising that I actually can't read people as good as I thought I could
1 part this game has been kinda slow and I am having to force the reads a little bit
alright I get you

spec chat making us worse players and all
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:16 pm
nutella wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:14 pm ...Mac is playing this game with a very weird energy lol but I should keep to my promise of returning his favor and just assume he's town
Dude I'm not here to take your tests I'm here to come to the same conclusions you come to about people but for entirely different reasons.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:09 pm When I made the chain of lynches post I thought to myself "this is suspicious to noobs". So for Soneji to be the one to suspect and then vote me for it is both a surprise and also scummy.
The post is bad in general Mac if you have any intention of actually following that plan. Nor is my vote on you solely for that post, but your bad LC policy lynch push and overall bad feel for this town leader act you've been putting on.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:22 pm
Dude I'm not here to take your tests I'm here to come to the same conclusions you come to about people but for entirely different reasons.
You promised me lock town on me and your first interaction with me was a pressure question. I've been betrayed.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:20 pm Also bout to play a Turbo on MU so I'm bout to juggle.
smh
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:19 pm I have a question, is anybody pooping right now? Cuz insta lock wolf right there.
The game is over 24 hours old now, surely we're allowed to poop.

wait, did the pooper actually end up being scum in that game? I didn't follow past day 1
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:23 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:09 pm When I made the chain of lynches post I thought to myself "this is suspicious to noobs". So for Soneji to be the one to suspect and then vote me for it is both a surprise and also scummy.
The post is bad in general Mac if you have any intention of actually following that plan. Nor is my vote on you solely for that post, but your bad LC policy lynch push and overall bad feel for this town leader act you've been putting on.
I have a long and storied history of LC interaction that you do not have. So you shouldn't be actually judging that with any actual vigor.

The town lead act I've been putting on was an experiment where I decided to lay out a path to victory that wins the game a lot expecting people to think it sucks and I'm bad for it but I did it anyway because I like the catharsis of watching people ignore good advice and follow their noses instead. It makes me feel better and superior as a person.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:23 pm
You promised me lock town on me and your first interaction with me was a pressure question. I've been betrayed.
who said it was pressure? I didn't understand the point behind it and you refused to explain
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

but maybe the point was there was no point
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:23 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:19 pm I have a question, is anybody pooping right now? Cuz insta lock wolf right there.

wait, did the pooper actually end up being scum in that game? I didn't follow past day 1
Yep. Also they didn't poop.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:23 pm

yes but they weren't actually pooping
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:25 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:23 pm
who said it was pressure? I didn't understand the point behind it and you refused to explain
You guess why I said it and you'll be correct at least 4 in 5 times I'd say.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Oh no I need to poop! Fuck.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Shouldn't have had that coffee.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:25 pm
I have a long and storied history of LC interaction that you do not have. So you shouldn't be actually judging that with any actual vigor.

The town lead act I've been putting on was an experiment where I decided to lay out a path to victory that wins the game a lot expecting people to think it sucks and I'm bad for it but I did it anyway because I like the catharsis of watching people ignore good advice and follow their noses instead. It makes me feel better and superior as a person.
is it like a spec chat tunnel where like you can point to it at the end if it would have been right or is it just totally tongue in cheek?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:28 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:25 pm

is it like a spec chat tunnel where like you can point to it at the end if it would have been right or is it just totally tongue in cheek?
I mean, I actually generally think that if we broadly followed the roadmap the wolves would find the game more difficult than otherwise unless they were specifically like Myo, Motobot, Jiwon or something. But certainly more the former than the latter. I am not trolling in any way aside from not really expecting anyone to actually listen to me.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”