FTL Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

It's 2112. Get with the times! Who gets treasure?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:36 pm

MacDougall
10%
motobot
10%
Myo
No votes
nutella
10%
sig
No votes
Sloonei
10%
Geddy Lee (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
60%

Total votes: 10
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 335
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: FTL Mafia [Night 1]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:28 am :ponder: I was the first to call him out as bad, and the first to vote for him. I never changed my vote, and never intended to.

If I weren't voting for Jack, he almost definitely wouldn't have been lynched.
I am not sure you give MacDougall the credit you expect here if two two had been in reverse positions. Do you think it is unreasonable for someone to wonder if your vote, placed 31 hours prior to the deadline before you were away, was an effort to distance from Jack? Is that absurd?
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 70
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:47 am Interactions of Jack and Nanook

Jack

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:16 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:33 pm Self voting isn’t allowed
I knew that. I was just testing you.

k

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:54 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:53 pm No mate you're dead.
Okay, Nanook/Boo. :shrug2:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:55 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:54 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:52 pm I’m honestly not sure why anyone is voting for me.

Mac thinks I’m distancing from LC?

Nutella doesn’t like my taste in salad?

This is gonna be one of those games where I end up antialigned with everyone and people still suspect me come lylo huh?
X for doubt
No seriously why are you voting for me?

This falls within the "Jack doesn't know he's dead" period, if we take that seriously. Jack had nothing to say about Nanook's vote for him until he asked this question in this typically mafioso tone. It's hard to say how this would have developed if Jack had another hour as he [allegedly] expected. For what it is, I don't think it hurts Nanook's cause. It just exists.

Nanook

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:49 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:46 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:30 pm Seems like as good a way as any to welcome soneji

Also we should probably be doing one vote on everyone tbh
You talkin' about lynch-style votes, or today's vote. I like Jack's idea for today's vote. Although I also want the extra scrap because upgrading sounds legit.
Today’s scrap vote.

What was jack’s idea?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:38 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:26 pm Jackofhearts2005 NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME we must summon the Megazord!
I’m not gonna get my way, so....ok
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:56 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:55 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:54 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:52 pm I’m honestly not sure why anyone is voting for me.

Mac thinks I’m distancing from LC?

Nutella doesn’t like my taste in salad?

This is gonna be one of those games where I end up antialigned with everyone and people still suspect me come lylo huh?
X for doubt
No seriously why are you voting for me?
I didn’t see daisy’s vote so I sheeped mac instead

Y'all should have known my game would sweep and that I would replace in and then made posts that I can work with :meany:

~~~~~

Conclusion:

The actual posts don't tell me much, so interpret Nanook on the basis of his vote. Again, given the hot potato nature of the wagon, I think it's good enough.
I switched my vote to kill him with like 30 seconds left, after saying I might not be able to make last second switches earlier in the day. Fwiw.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions of Jack and Soneji

Jack

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:56 am I figure we should give the bonus scrap to Soneji because we miss playing with him or a new player as a welcome present/wolves probably don't shoot the new players early anyway. There's three of them though, so I'm just gonna vote Soneji for scrap.

Good sentiment. Not super inspiring.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:58 am
Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:12 am Nutella isn't here though, so would Jack call this salad?
I mean, I think salad is a more useful tool against specific players who tend to do that, especially ones who don't know about salad and can consciously not do it. For Sig, it's maybe -5% off his townieness score. Not worth lynching for alone but relevant after being like "lol people are voting for Sig."

Soneji's question is a fair one. This dialogue is soft though so whatever.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:59 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 8:56 am Soneji just claimed mafia
Morethepeopleseyebrow.gif

Yawn

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:28 pm
Myo wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:47 pm
tedxtr wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:51 pm
Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:12 am Nutella isn't here though, so would Jack call this salad?

Asking questions for the sake of asking questions.
Eh, I feel that this deserves a little push-back. Couching your own opinions in someone else's reasoning strikes me as creating
'distance' between yourself and your actions. The follow-up feels warranted to get Jackofhearts2005's actual thoughts/reasoning without basing it on outside logic that he's not claiming as his own.
I think this is a fair take.

I don’t suspect Soneji for asking me to clarify or think it was pointless.

This post is extremely beep boop, more than any other I see from Jack, and on that basis it bugs me for Soneji.

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:33 pm
Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:31 pm

Eh, I feel that this deserves a little push-back. Couching your own opinions in someone else's reasoning strikes me as creating
'distance' between yourself and your actions. The follow-up feels warranted to get Jackofhearts2005's actual thoughts/reasoning without basing it on outside logic that he's not claiming as his own.

Those posts didn't age well though, given nutella is actually in the game now :haha:
nutella

Is this a salad? :kadaj:

Meaningless

Soneji

Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:38 pm
tedxtr wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 3:54 pm

Asking questions to get a better grasp on Jack's position, rather than let him hide behind what other players would say about a post. This is called trying to establish someone's alignment through questioning, and is a good way to get both townreads and scumreads. Jack gave a solid if overly long answer to my question, so now I slightly town lean him.

The rationale is fine. Cramming "if overly long" in there isn't my favorite thing, as it adds negative energy to an otherwise positive comment -- negative energy that would seem to have no bearing on the final read. There might be some discomfort evident in that -- also in that dang word "slightly".

~~~~~

Conclusion:

I think there's room for concern about Soneji, albeit stemming from very little content.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 174
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:32 am
Long Con wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:28 am :ponder: I was the first to call him out as bad, and the first to vote for him. I never changed my vote, and never intended to.

I am not sure you give MacDougall the credit you expect here if two two had been in reverse positions. Do you think it is unreasonable for someone to wonder if your vote, placed 31 hours prior to the deadline before you were away, was an effort to distance from Jack? Is that absurd?
Not unreasonable: wondering.

Unreasonable: deciding I'm bad for no reason on Day 1, then doubling down on that after I was key in lynching a wolf on Day 1. I know that it's bad play, and after the game is done, you'll all know it as well. I'm not giving participation awards out because I'm sympathetic to your biases.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 198
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:16 am Mac, can I have your scrap vote? I deserve a little scrap.
Long Con wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:24 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:18 am
Long Con wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:16 am Mac, can I have your scrap vote? I deserve a little scrap.
Nutella be already up in this shit
Nutella has plenty. LC needs scrap love.
Long Con wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:09 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:08 am
Long Con wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:07 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:47 am I actually just discovered something really insightful in my play that I'm never sharing with anyone.
I wouldn't put too much stock in it. You're vastly overstating your quality of play right now.
What is Mac's play lacking?
Cred for civ LC. That fact that he's "pretty sure" I'm bad is a glaring negative on his quality record.
Long Con wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:28 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:24 am
Long Con wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:21 am Well, he's lucky on Day 1 that I wasn't around near day's end, because I probably would have been trying to self-preserve by the time he clued in that Jack was bad, and Jack wouldn't have gotten lynched. He did well to follow my lead on the Jack vote, so that's a positive on his record. He immediately jumped to the idea that I'm bad, both before and after I was key in the Jack lynch. So far nothing is blowing my skirt up here.

I'll say that anyone who is dead right about everyone in the game is doing well.
What was your contribution to the Jack lynch that you felt was key? This is not rhetorical: tell me as the newcomer.
:ponder: I was the first to call him out as bad, and the first to vote for him. I never changed my vote, and never intended to.

Duuuuude, the more the only thing you can talk about is how you deserve credit for that lynch, the more I want to set you on fire. You weren't there. I don't care that you happened to have a random early vote sitting on Jack before we caught him. You weren't around at EOD so we don't know that you wouldn't have changed it once he was actually in danger of being lynched. Chill with the egotism. You get no town cred here.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions of Jack and Spacedaisy

Jack

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:31 am [VOTE: Spacedaisy] aubergine
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:58 pm Colin, Drago and Daisy haven’t posted at all. :bored:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:20 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:35 am Hey all, just found out this game started. Just wanted to say hello before I go back and start catching up. Sorry I missed the start, I’ve had a rough week and honestly Thursday is my busiest day, so bear with me.
:hug:

[VOTE: Drago] aubergine
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 5:38 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:55 pm What does hard TR mean?
*blushes furiously*

Jack's first mention of Spacedaisy was a vote, so I'm already a bit triggered. I'll temper that by repeating that Jack is not level 1. The rest of this is nothing.

Spacedaisy

Spacedaisy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:32 pm I had multiquoted things that stood out to me as I was going and then my browser signed me out, so that’s annoying. I’m at work so I’m just going to try and recall as best I can atm.

1. I like the look of Jack atm. His vote for me, and subsequent move to someone else inactive is a method I approve of. This early in the game is the best time to vote for an inactive unless you have a solid reason to suspect someone else. I also felt like a jokey exchange between he and a Mac earlier made me feel like they are either civ/wolf or civ/civ combo. I’m leaning civ on both but more strongly feel civ vibes from Jack.

2. This might sound a little weird after #1, but I didn’t like the lengths sig went to explain that he wouldn’t normally vote an inactive but this time... etc. It felt a little like he was covering his ass before a controversial vote. Over explanation, if you will.

3. Soneji’s comment about sloonei’s “why does this exist” post felt kind of off to me. He called it clarifying, it didn’t feel like clarifying to me. It felt like an accusation. Also the rest of his post felt like a lot of questions that can make it appear like he’s doing more hunting than he actually was. Feeling a little bad about him, and possible he is covering for Sloonei?

Just a caveat, I was reading the thread at work, there is the chance I mixed up what was from which poster. I can’t look now because I’m headed to lunch and I’ve got a thing over my lunch. Those are my thoughts at the moment. I’ll vote after work.

This seems like a frivolous reason to call Jack a civilian.

~~~~~

Conclusion:

The theme continues. I don't have enough here to remove Spacedaisy from the POE pool.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:45 amNot unreasonable: wondering.

Unreasonable: deciding I'm bad for no reason on Day 1, then doubling down on that after I was key in lynching a wolf on Day 1. I know that it's bad play, and after the game is done, you'll all know it as well. I'm not giving participation awards out because I'm sympathetic to your biases.
I'm not sure what you mean in the last sentence or who you are addressing. Please clarify.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

I get that it doesn’t fit your style, but it’s a little grating to have a pretty solid scum kill on D1 just for jay to come in and kinda low key shit on the D1 play.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:49 am I get that it doesn’t fit your style, but it’s a little grating to have a pretty solid scum kill on D1 just for jay to come in and kinda low key shit on the D1 play.
He has a point though the game was pretty dead until I got there. :grin:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:49 am I get that it doesn’t fit your style, but it’s a little grating to have a pretty solid scum kill on D1 just for jay to come in and kinda low key shit on the D1 play.
Sorry, I've no intention of doing so. I mean for my grumbles to be taken as tongue-in-cheek. Nobody in this game had any reason to play the game in accordance with the Jay Method. I'm not even supposed to be here.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:40 am Interactions of Jack and Soneji

Jack

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:56 am I figure we should give the bonus scrap to Soneji because we miss playing with him or a new player as a welcome present/wolves probably don't shoot the new players early anyway. There's three of them though, so I'm just gonna vote Soneji for scrap.

I mean, I think salad is a more useful tool against specific players who tend to do that, especially ones who don't know about salad and can consciously not do it. For Sig, it's maybe -5% off his townieness score. Not worth lynching for alone but relevant after being like "lol people are voting for Sig."

Yawn

This post is extremely beep boop, more than any other I see from Jack, and on that basis it bugs me for Soneji.

Those posts didn't age well though, given nutella is actually in the game now :haha:
nutella

Meaningless

Soneji

Asking questions to get a better grasp on Jack's position, rather than let him hide behind what other players would say about a post. This is called trying to establish someone's alignment through questioning, and is a good way to get both townreads and scumreads. Jack gave a solid if overly long answer to my question, so now I slightly town lean him.

The rationale is fine. Cramming "if overly long" in there isn't my favorite thing, as it adds negative energy to an otherwise positive comment -- negative energy that would seem to have no bearing on the final read. There might be some discomfort evident in that -- also in that dang word "slightly".

~~~~~

Conclusion:

I think there's room for concern about Soneji, albeit stemming from very little content.
That last quote is gross. I'm putting Soneji back in my Day 2 pool.

Maybe above LC because the constant demand for credit is almost too over the top to be scum -- I might look into whether he did anything similar in AC.

At the moment I'm thinking Daisy has the highest individual likelihood to flip red though.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions of Jack and tedxtr

Jack

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:11 pm
tedxtr wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 11:17 am [VOTE: MacDougall ] aubergine

S P I C E
This is dumb but Mac knows my reaction to team ups and towncores tends to range somewhere between flat denial and restrained agreement with jokes in between.

So I kinda don’t think his treatment of me has been buddying, which makes me think he’s town.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:28 pm
tedxtr wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:07 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:11 pm
tedxtr wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 11:17 am [VOTE: MacDougall ] aubergine

S P I C E
This is dumb but Mac knows my reaction to team ups and towncores tends to range somewhere between flat denial and restrained agreement with jokes in between.

So I kinda don’t think his treatment of me has been buddying, which makes me think he’s town.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:31 pm
tedxtr wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:30 pm I feel like I signed up for the demo of wolf chat and my trial is never expiring.

Dunno.

Ted's only barely relevant here in that Jack's point about Soneji stands in oppositions to Ted's gripe. Whatever.

tedxtr

tedxtr wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:33 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:33 pm Lol at Sig already having two votes.
I wanna read this w/w so bad

Same. I appreciate the long-delayed mindmeld.

tedxtr wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:07 pm I think it's too wolfy to be a wolf but they seem like posts that wolves make anyway.

I have a bad habit of scum reading posts that I can't understand.

This wasn't really scum reading Jack but it just felt like...what did I just read

and it felt this way for a few pages now

I feel like there's no villager posts, I think Myo is maybe slightly >rand to be a villager.

I feel this. I'd prefer the hedge on Jack not exist, because goddamnit, but I feel this.

~~~~~

Conclusion:

I'm not feeling ted as a Jack teammate, at least based on what there is here.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:48 am

I'm not sure what you mean in the last sentence or who you are addressing. Please clarify.
Bias: assuming LC is bad because he's LC

Participation award: claiming best game ever because you took part in a day one Wolf Lynch
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:04 pm Bias: assuming LC is bad because he's LC

Participation award: claiming best game ever because you took part in a day one Wolf Lynch
If you're a civilian, then the "bias" you just described is actually your own bias, and it's extreme. Nobody suspects you because you're you.

Whether or not it's Mac's best game ever is not especially important to me right now. Your mindset is hard to follow right now -- I can understand being irritated for being the only one on the Jack wagon facing suspicion. I can't so easily understand why that annoyance is your Night 1 without much else. Do you have any suspicions of who are Jack's teammates?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:53 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:40 am Interactions of Jack and Soneji

Jack

Yawn

nutella

Meaningless

Soneji

~~~~~

Conclusion:

That last quote is gross. I'm putting Soneji back in my Day 2 pool.

Maybe above LC because the constant demand for credit is almost too over the top to be scum -- I might look into whether he did anything similar in AC.

At the moment I'm thinking Daisy has the highest individual likelihood to flip red though.
:haha: "Constant demand for credit" indeed. I'll settle for a thank you and a ceasing of the assumption that I'm somehow automatically bad because of who I am. And a scrap vote.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:08 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:04 pm Bias: assuming LC is bad because he's LC

If you're a civilian, then the "bias" you just described is actually your own bias, and it's extreme. Nobody suspects you because you're you.

Whether or not it's Mac's best game ever is not especially important to me right now. Your mindset is hard to follow right now -- I can understand being irritated for being the only one on the Jack wagon facing suspicion. I can't so easily understand why that annoyance is your Night 1 without much else. Do you have any suspicions of who are Jack's teammates?
WTF? This is rich, now I'm the biased one? Mac started the game with the assumption I'm bad, Jim.

Changing the subject isn't going to make that untrue. I'll give my suspicions when I feel like it, as i always do.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:12 pm WTF? This is rich, now I'm the biased one? Mac started the game with the assumption I'm bad, Jim.

Changing the subject isn't going to make that untrue. I'll give my suspicions when I feel like it, as i always do.
I'm not Mac, and I didn't "start the game". I have some suspicion of you. It isn't because you're Long Con.

You're treating the roster like it's filled with goofs.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:09 pmthe assumption that I'm somehow automatically bad because of who I am.
Just frankly, Long Con:

Do you really believe that right now, on Night 1, you are facing suspicion from MacDougall and/or anyone else because you're Long Con? That you're not facing suspicion for other reason(s)?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

That's a massive exaggeration. I'm criticizing Mac, and to a lesser degree Nutella.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:20 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:09 pmthe assumption that I'm somehow automatically bad because of who I am.
Just frankly, Long Con:

Do you really believe that right now, on Night 1, you are facing suspicion from MacDougall and/or anyone else because you're Long Con? That you're not facing suspicion for other reason(s)?
Yes
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:20 pm That's a massive exaggeration. I'm criticizing Mac, and to a lesser degree Nutella.
Do you think Mac is a mafioso?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 336

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:04 pm

I don't think it's the best game ever. Just mine? I feel like I am really reading this game well is all man. And I don't have to be right at this very second for that to be true to me. I just feel like I have a good hold on where we are right now so that as things continue to unfold I'll have a good understanding of why they went there.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

And I never said you were bad because you're LC.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'd appreciate thoughts on my Sloonei review. Whenever I have anything to say about him that isn't "he's town", it feels significant to me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:21 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:20 pm That's a massive exaggeration. I'm criticizing Mac, and to a lesser degree Nutella.
No
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:24 pm

And I never said you were bad because you're LC.
Right, sorry, you said I should be lynched because I'm long con, not I'm bad.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:26 pm
No
Then do you think this is the best way to spend your time in the thread?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jack interactions unfortunately don't leave me with a clear view of the game. Here's an immediate split on that basis. Otherwise I'll have to review ISOs on their own and see if I can develop a better sense.

nutella
Mac
Nanook
tedxtr

Jiwon
Long Con
motobot
Myo
sig
Sloonei
Soneji
Spacedaisy

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:28 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:26 pm
No
Then do you think this is the best way to spend your time in the thread?
My play style is definitely not above criticism, and I would say that about most of my games.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:32 pmMy play style is definitely not above criticism, and I would say that about most of my games.
I'll let you do your thing. You often disparage your own play, and I think that's kind of reflected in this page of the game. If you give yourself more credit, you might be more inclined to find the mafia and less inclined to argue with a player you don't even suspect.

I don't mean for that to be condescending, truly. I think you're good at this game, and I hope you'll get to it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:29 pm Jack interactions unfortunately don't leave me with a clear view of the game. Here's an immediate split on that basis. Otherwise I'll have to review ISOs on their own and see if I can develop a better sense.

nutella
Mac
Nanook
tedxtr

Jiwon
Long Con
motobot
Myo
sig
Sloonei
Soneji
Spacedaisy
I feel like you should probably have Spacedaisy separated like most of us do based on the fact that she arrived late day and slung the vote onto Soneji.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:34 pm I feel like you should probably have Spacedaisy separated like most of us do based on the fact that she arrived late day and slung the vote onto Soneji.
I don't care for rainbows as I once did and tend to operate more binary. I'll go look at all that though and see if I care.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]nutella[/mention] I am not going to do much work in the very near future on Soneji specifically because of thread health. I know that's a cop out but enjoyment of game matters to me. I will say only that I share your grievance with that particular post you called into question.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:33 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:32 pmMy play style is definitely not above criticism, and I would say that about most of my games.
I'll let you do your thing. You often disparage your own play, and I think that's kind of reflected in this page of the game. If you give yourself more credit, you might be more inclined to find the mafia and less inclined to argue with a player you don't even suspect.

I don't mean for that to be condescending, truly. I think you're good at this game, and I hope you'll get to it.
I might get the most enjoyment out of the level of smugness I would achieve when Mac and his crew Lynch me.
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: FTL Mafia [Day 1]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Spacedaisy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:32 pm 3. Soneji’s comment about sloonei’s “why does this exist” post felt kind of off to me. He called it clarifying, it didn’t feel like clarifying to me. It felt like an accusation. Also the rest of his post felt like a lot of questions that can make it appear like he’s doing more hunting than he actually was. Feeling a little bad about him, and possible he is covering for Sloonei?
I don't know what this is referring to. Need context.
Soneji wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:12 am
sig wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:16 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:51 pm [VOTE: tedxtr] aubergine
tedxtr wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:30 pm I feel like I signed up for the demo of wolf chat and my trial is never expiring.
Why does this post exist?
tedxtr wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:58 pm What do you even expect me to reply with there
Yea I'm not seeing the points of some of Sloonies pokes. Seems like he's throwing shit on the wall and seeing what'll stick. :shrug:
This is a pretty bs assessment of someone asking for clarification on people's reasoning behind vague posts/reads.

[VOTE: sig] aubergine
Okay. I agree in principle with Soneji against sig. sig's point is terrible.

What I don't follow re: Spacedaisy is why she went after Soneji here. Her entire point is about Sloonei, not Soneji. Soneji is just this "maybe he's covering" side piece in daisy's point.

Daisy and Sloonei may be teammates.
Spacedaisy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:52 pm Good lord, four pages at the eod? I’m going with my gut based on my earlier reads. What’s the story with the LC wagon? Did I miss something or is it in these last four pages?
I can't tell when she placed her Soneji vote. Was it last-second? It's not called in the thread.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Last second I think.

I’m not 100% sure, it’s possible I missed it, but when I went to vote with a minute left I didn’t think she had a vote down until after I’d voted. So like last 5 minutes or so I’d guess.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:52 pm I’m not 100% sure, it’s possible I missed it, but when I went to vote with a minute left I didn’t think she had a vote down until after I’d voted. So like last 5 minutes or so I’d guess.
Groovy. And I’m assuming ted and sig had already been on Soneji for a bit?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

My argument on LC/Daisy/Jack as the team boils down to the below.

Jack posts that make suspect Daisy:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:31 am [VOTE: Spacedaisy] aubergine
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:58 pm Colin, Drago and Daisy haven’t posted at all. :bored:
Votes Daisy first and then shades two others, subsequently all but cleared nutella and the now Jay slot. Rule of three. Empty vote on the least townie no voter slot. Is this a genuine attempt to produce a lynch on a low poster in Daisy? I have doubts. If it's not then what is it there for as a mafioso if not for distance credit?
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 12:20 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:35 am Hey all, just found out this game started. Just wanted to say hello before I go back and start catching up. Sorry I missed the start, I’ve had a rough week and honestly Thursday is my busiest day, so bear with me.
:hug:

[VOTE: Drago] aubergine
Removes his "pressure vote" after a single Daisy post and moves to one of the other in the three. Is there anything here to justify a Mafioso getting off the vote just for this if Daisy is town? Layer it with Jack meta. Does Mafia Jack get off the Daisy vote this suddenly? If she is town why? Is there fear? I feel like he'd at least try to dance with town Daisy there, even if just for a bit? He doesn't even say anything. Just empty unvote with emoji.

Jack/LC partner case:

It's pretty simply summarised here.
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:24 pm Sloonei/Mac/Nutella voting triumvirate on Long Con is such big dick energy though. All we need is Jack and Nanook and we can summon the fucking megazord.
LC wagon had Sloo/Mac/Nut on the LC wagon. I called for Jack and Nook to back it.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:30 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:26 pm @Jackofhearts2005 @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME we must summon the Megazord!
You should know I’m torn between posting Power Ranger memes and just voting LC (cause his push on me was limp and Sloonei’s mini iso on him does show him being scummy) and you know, actually finishing catching up cause I’m only a few pages back.
This was my live read.
MacDougall wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:42 pm Jack failing to summon the Zord means one of two things.

1. Jack is a wolf spewing LC TMI
2. Jack is a wolf and LC is his partner

The reality of the situation is that Jack refusing to vote for LC means he is always Mafia. This is not a meme read.
Which was astute. So we are in one of two worlds. The question you need to ask is does Mafia Jack actually hesitate on the opportunity to vote with someone he had been actively working on pocketing against a townie there due to LC being town also? Or does he hesitate because LC is his partner?

LC/Spacedaisy:
Long Con wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 1:05 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:41 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:43 pm I'll vote Spacedaisy so Mac does't get it.
Why didn't you want me to "get it"?
:shrug: If you don't 'get it', you don't get it.
In day 0 he voted against me to give scrap to Daisy. Is it too on the nose to be partners? Maybe it is. But it's a thing.

What actually gets to me though is that Spacedaisy came back to vote and rather than voting on LC she apparently found enough evidence against Soneji to vote there.
Spacedaisy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:52 pm Good lord, four pages at the eod? I’m going with my gut based on my earlier reads. What’s the story with the LC wagon? Did I miss something or is it in these last four pages?
This is a pretty common scum tell "why is my partner being wagoned". It takes on more heat given I think she is primary candidate partner of Jack.

Some more Daisy stuff.
Spacedaisy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:32 pm I had multiquoted things that stood out to me as I was going and then my browser signed me out, so that’s annoying. I’m at work so I’m just going to try and recall as best I can atm.

1. I like the look of Jack atm. His vote for me, and subsequent move to someone else inactive is a method I approve of. This early in the game is the best time to vote for an inactive unless you have a solid reason to suspect someone else. I also felt like a jokey exchange between he and a Mac earlier made me feel like they are either civ/wolf or civ/civ combo. I’m leaning civ on both but more strongly feel civ vibes from Jack.

2. This might sound a little weird after #1, but I didn’t like the lengths sig went to explain that he wouldn’t normally vote an inactive but this time... etc. It felt a little like he was covering his ass before a controversial vote. Over explanation, if you will.

3. Soneji’s comment about sloonei’s “why does this exist” post felt kind of off to me. He called it clarifying, it didn’t feel like clarifying to me. It felt like an accusation. Also the rest of his post felt like a lot of questions that can make it appear like he’s doing more hunting than he actually was. Feeling a little bad about him, and possible he is covering for Sloonei?

Just a caveat, I was reading the thread at work, there is the chance I mixed up what was from which poster. I can’t look now because I’m headed to lunch and I’ve got a thing over my lunch. Those are my thoughts at the moment. I’ll vote after work.
The explanation of her Jack town read is overcooked given their interactions entirely amounted to him empty voting her and then empty unvoting her.
Spacedaisy wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:59 pm Ok, just got to the result and flip. I have no idea how it landed on Jack, I never would have voted him because I didn’t suspect him like at all.

I still stand by the idea that I don’t think Jack/Mac interactions sounded w/w. So I’ll put my vote for who gets scrap on Mac.

Re: my vote for Soneji being “icky” @sig or the idea that somehow I was jumping on some easy bandwagon @Sloonei. I suspected a Soneji before I recall hearing others suspecting him. It’s based on my own reasoning. Specifically he was asking people a lot of probing questions about their thoughts without actually giving his own at the time. Think it’s icky or easy all you like, it’s just the way it is.
Post lynch post immediately distancing herself from her bad vote on Soneji. Justifies the Soneji vote out of nowhere.

The solve here is LC had Jack and Sloonei on him. Soneji had Tedxtr and sig. The LC wagon had gas. The Soneji wagon didn't. If she was going for a Jack save, why not vote with Jack on LC?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

In my view Spacedaisy is very suspicious independent of LC, through Jack alone and if that suspicion is founded it points to LC pretty strongly.

If Spacedaisy is town, then LC is not a tremendously strong scum read, more of just a slightly scum lean.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I also think it's not outside the realms of possibility that Spacedaisy also didn't realise EOD time given she voted first, then explained it after EOD.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think that’s all valid, Mac.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:57 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:52 pm I’m not 100% sure, it’s possible I missed it, but when I went to vote with a minute left I didn’t think she had a vote down until after I’d voted. So like last 5 minutes or so I’d guess.
Groovy. And I’m assuming ted and sig had already been on Soneji for a bit?
I think so? Tbh I’m not 100% sure, but I think they both called their votes IIRC, so should be findable.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I think sig put his vote there quite late but in the scheme of things it was before the hoo-ha. There is a chance of Sig/LC/Jack in my head too given Jack's "lol sig votes tsk tsk" commentary and sig noping the LC lynch but also not ending up on Jack but rather Soneji.

There's also the matter of Soneji not being really that suspicious given he spent most of his time in a pissing match with me which is just always town.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Suffice to say imo the POE is split into Sig/Daisy and then the rest of your orange list, but I'm taking Sloonei and Soneji out personally.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei will clear himself if he’s good so sure

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 128
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

Looks like we're back at the stage where I wait being PoE'd again and then I try hard if we can't find mafia, etc etc

Coolio :p
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

MacDougall wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:02 am So if sig and jack both didn't realise the deadline occurred... isn't that like massively suspect?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:06 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:02 am So if sig and jack both didn't realise the deadline occurred... isn't that like massively suspect?
Could be.

@sig did you know the day was over when you complained about the hot potato?
Yea I was just complaining about a CFD.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:08 am I don't think that's the first time I've seen sig complain about a hot potato just before it flips mafia either. Stop saying wrong things sig.
It's the third time in my TS career. :omg: :omg:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Long Con wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:48 pm
sig wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:45 pm meh not seeing scum lc here
Thanks for this, sig, this post alone might have saved the entire game. :hugs:
Thank you I want all credit if we win the game.
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”